7.2

1. Sep 5, 2013
    This game used to be amazing, and would easily have been a 9 out of 10 for me a few years back. But years have taken its toll on it, and the customer support is horrible. The devs in this game doesn't care about their players at all, it's only about earning money from selling stuff in the boutiqe.
    The game itself is fun, but can get boring over time as most of the quests are repetetive. The game is free if you want it to be, but it's usually pay to win in this game as there are lots of people paying ridiculous amounts of money to be better than the rest, and then usually the rest will follow, and there you go.
    The graphics are fine for a game developed in 2008, the game has some bugs and stuff, but nothing you can't live through. Bottom line the game is good fun if you want a free game, and it actually had me really really hooked for a long time. But stupid implementations of motorcycles and other ridiculous stuff, together with the fact that the support from the devs is completely horrible, as mentioned, made me quit eventually.
  2. SiSSYLaLa
    Dec 31, 2009
    I've tried a lot of free MMORPGs, but Perfect World International always brings me back. Even if I start to like another MMORPG I end up coming back and continuing my journey in PWI. Great graphics for a free MMO, lots to do, and best of all the community is very friendly and very helpful to new players. If you ever need help doing something, just ask someone.
  3. Jan 2, 2011
    Perfect World is a beautiful game. It has a huge range of character's customization, well-designed places and a big map which can be completely explored. The best-looking MMO I've ever seen. It has some problems though, especially with the class balance, which is really hard to find. Some classes need 3 to 4 times better equipment to match other classes. Some bugs come along the game sincePerfect World is a beautiful game. It has a huge range of character's customization, well-designed places and a big map which can be completely explored. The best-looking MMO I've ever seen. It has some problems though, especially with the class balance, which is really hard to find. Some classes need 3 to 4 times better equipment to match other classes. Some bugs come along the game since it was officially launched and really affect the gameplay, especially on PvP. It's an expensive F2P game, comparing to some other MMOs, such as Ragnarök, Gunbound and Combat Arms. But there's nothing like the Territorial Wars in Perfect World. It's a thrilling sensation to be in the middle of the battle field, having to defend your guild at all costs. With enough patience to farm and bare through the quests, and a lot of free time, this could really be your MMO. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    Though the graphics were truly (and in some cases, even now) amazing, the game seems to be going down in a spiral of corruption and pay-to-win is inevitable. Unless you have a massive budget (extremely MASSIVE, i.e. ~50$ to ~$400 a month), do not bother playing this game. Everything now is pay-to-win, and free-to-play seems to be just an illusion except for people who can afford to spend 2Though the graphics were truly (and in some cases, even now) amazing, the game seems to be going down in a spiral of corruption and pay-to-win is inevitable. Unless you have a massive budget (extremely MASSIVE, i.e. ~50$ to ~$400 a month), do not bother playing this game. Everything now is pay-to-win, and free-to-play seems to be just an illusion except for people who can afford to spend 2 years plus of repetitive in-game grinding to achieve the necessary benefits to play this average but graphically stunning game. Expand
  5. Jul 27, 2012
    Probably the best MMORPG out there. stunning graphics great dungeons amazing pvp etc. This game should deserve more credit ,much better than games like WoW and SWTOR
  6. GibranR.
    Jul 20, 2009
    Funny mmorpg, but the quests are always the same and getting not harder but boring each time. This game can be totally free if you have enough time to farm.
  7. Jul 17, 2011
    Absolutely beautiful game that draws you in with incredible graphics, beautiful music, fun game mechanics... just... the word that springs to mind is "lush"!

I found it like a more artistic-feeling World of Warcraft, focusing less on the raw combat and functionality and more on the art and beauty and FEEL of the game, which is something I appreciate very much in a game. An immersive and memorable experience. The combat/magic effects are also beautiful.

If I were thinking of flaws, I would say the character movement isn't perfect, and it perhaps lacks the raw depth of WoW. It's really more about the atmosphere at least for me :)
  8. Jun 10, 2012
    This game is great. The game looks amazing and the combat is nice. I also LOVE the customization. It is incredible. However, the game itself kinda lacked direction for me. I wasnt really sure where it was heading. Still, a great MMO
  9. Aug 8, 2014
    I started playing PWI since it came out and at that time the game was actually great. The features and classes, as well as the music, were awesome and it would beat any MMO. But time changed some things as: Expansions brought new tier gears, but didn't brought instances with enough difficulty for those gears; the game became Pay-To-Win (to an extent that you need to pay at least 50$ perI started playing PWI since it came out and at that time the game was actually great. The features and classes, as well as the music, were awesome and it would beat any MMO. But time changed some things as: Expansions brought new tier gears, but didn't brought instances with enough difficulty for those gears; the game became Pay-To-Win (to an extent that you need to pay at least 50$ per month in order to have a small change on PvP); Graphics became outdated; Sounds and Visual FX (Except the music, that gives some peace to the game) need an huge revamp, a thing that devs wont even bother to look at for the next years; Tons of instances unused due to bugs or lack of profit while doing them; classes were never balanced; game suffers from a not broadband related delay (you press the attack/skill button and you need to wait 0.5s to 1.5s until it starts the command (doesn't happen with the walk commands - Tested with an OctaCore i7, Nvidia GTX 770, 8Gb RAM, 24Mbps connection with 40 ping); there are some other small topics that ruins the game like the fact that there is Matchmaking System nor any kind of video tutorial for newby players, among other things...
    With so much more recent MMO's out there, I don't think it is a good idea to start playing PWI anytime soon. There are rumors of a new update that will reconfigure the game engine tho, and promises some improvements. Let's wait and see :)
  10. Feb 4, 2015
    I am a player of perfect world and I would tell people NOT to play this game. yes its a free to play game but to remotely even have a chance in this game you need to drop about $1000-$2000 dollars into this game. when you do spend money on the game for some reason you are now immune from any rules of the game. its fun to play but after you hit lvl 100 the game takes a turn to boring andI am a player of perfect world and I would tell people NOT to play this game. yes its a free to play game but to remotely even have a chance in this game you need to drop about $1000-$2000 dollars into this game. when you do spend money on the game for some reason you are now immune from any rules of the game. its fun to play but after you hit lvl 100 the game takes a turn to boring and not interesting. since gms don't enforce rules for the cash shoppers, expect major bullying and harassment.
    overall pwi is over rated. their is no gm presents and their is no rule enforcements going on.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

Perfect World is a beautiful, well made MMO with a few of the seemingly inevitable flaws of the genre. While it offers all the mechanics MMO players have come to expect and allows you to see and do some spectacular things, it suffers from an inconsistent, buggy and obscure UI, an imbalanced leveling system and frequent bouts of quest-induced tedium.