Planescape: Torment PC

9.2

1. Feb 29, 2016
    Planescape Torment is worth checking classical rpg. Major flaw of the time is lack of companions that we can actually choose. You can't, even though they're very easy to like I was expecting the same I had gotten from Baldur's Gate. Beside that, it's very fun to play.
  2. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is fun but I have never been able to get into it like I had hoped. The characters are great and the story is good, but the controls and combat are slightly frustrating.
  3. Oct 28, 2015
    I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great,I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great, but far too much.
    Of course this game offer great elements: The setting is amazing, it is sad, that there are not so many studios, that are really creating new worlds like PS:T.
    But overall I quit the game after 2/3 more or less, what happens very rare. This game is like reading a book instead of playing it. Therefore BG2 is still my king.
    Edit: The ratings here are manipulated btw. look at all the average scores, they re getting bad rates and the many 10s with only good ratings
  4. Dec 17, 2012
    is it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in theis it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in the version I played..it was like bad nintendo platform at times..not to mention the musack you have to listen to. Expand
  5. Dec 21, 2012
    They just dont make games like this anymore. It has the BEST story in a videogame of all times. And what makes this game the best is that it is the only one where choice does matter. In other games the biggest choice you have to make is generally being good or evil which is extremly predictable. Here it takes a whole new spin. Here when you start a conversation you dont know where itsThey just dont make games like this anymore. It has the BEST story in a videogame of all times. And what makes this game the best is that it is the only one where choice does matter. In other games the biggest choice you have to make is generally being good or evil which is extremly predictable. Here it takes a whole new spin. Here when you start a conversation you dont know where its heading, which talking option is the best. And here stats matter. If you have strength you can intimidate people, if you are dexterous you might catch a npc pickpocketing you, there are also endless options available trough intelligence, wisdom or charisma. No more dump stats as in Baldurs Gate. I am playing baldurs gate 2 now and while it is a great game and the combat aspect is better than planescape is lacks that thrill of the story and the choice.

Probably best videogame ever. Pity it had sold so little back in the day.

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.