9.2

1. Nov 28, 2015
    Wow - what a ride! I was not ready :)
    A friend recommended me this and i was not ready.
    It was truly a revolutionary game with a deep phantasmagorical story, involving complex characters, and pretty damn good RPG gameplay!
    Swit Son!
  2. Mar 20, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. One of the best CRPGs of all time (if not the best). The setting is very original. The story is just great. All the characters are memorable and unique. The quests are good as well. The game is still awesome since it came out in 1999, every new walkthrough opens some new details about the story. So if you are into CRPGs you MUST play this!
  3. Aug 5, 2014
    The deepest, most mature, most complex and the most incredible story ever told in a game? This is one of those titles that felt like something much more than a game, a piece of art. Greatest works of literature are running away in shame when they see Planescape: Torment. The unique world and characters are just so special, they give you the experience you will never forget and plant aThe deepest, most mature, most complex and the most incredible story ever told in a game? This is one of those titles that felt like something much more than a game, a piece of art. Greatest works of literature are running away in shame when they see Planescape: Torment. The unique world and characters are just so special, they give you the experience you will never forget and plant a question inside your head, that you will be thinking about even decades later - What can change the nature of a man? 10/10 Expand
  4. Dec 14, 2015
    This is one of the best RPGs ever with a unique and very interesting story. However, the controls and battle mechanics are not as polished as, say, in Baldur's Gate 2 from the same developer. I never really finished it, mostly because of the poorly designed quest log (which was improved in BG 2): if you take a few days off, it's impossible to recall again which NPCs wanted what, and theThis is one of the best RPGs ever with a unique and very interesting story. However, the controls and battle mechanics are not as polished as, say, in Baldur's Gate 2 from the same developer. I never really finished it, mostly because of the poorly designed quest log (which was improved in BG 2): if you take a few days off, it's impossible to recall again which NPCs wanted what, and the info in the log is too generic. So, unless you take a full week and play it non-stop, you will find yourself re-starting it again and again, like I did :) I hope I will finish it some day :) Expand
  5. Feb 16, 2012
    Some people choose super mario as their nostalgic game of choice, some people sonic, others some obscure nes game. Me? Planescape torment is up there, right next to the original deus ex. And it even holds up today. Why? It has a truly unique world, populated with truly unique characters. And while this can be said about fallout - for instance, this stands alone. It is, and was - truly it'sSome people choose super mario as their nostalgic game of choice, some people sonic, others some obscure nes game. Me? Planescape torment is up there, right next to the original deus ex. And it even holds up today. Why? It has a truly unique world, populated with truly unique characters. And while this can be said about fallout - for instance, this stands alone. It is, and was - truly it's own inspiration. Original ideas are rare, and when you back them up with a game of supurb depth and length - and you are left with nothing but praise and awe. Better than dragon age origins and baldur's gate 2 both of which I consider masterpieces. That's how good planescape torment was, and is even today. And while deus ex remains a game I enjoyed more - this comes very close to taking every crown there is. 10/10, 100/100, 999/1000 Expand
  6. Aug 30, 2016
    Let's make things clear: this is the best RPG I have ever played. Yes, other games have improved on its flaws ever since, because it does have flaws (otherwise I would rate it at 10,) but it was the game changer when it was released and, being one of the very few games I replay once in a while, it is still more enjoyable than 90% of whatever has been released since.

First, and not

First, and not foremost, the writing is simply superb. I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons since the 70s (yes, even old farts can enjoy video games,) and if there ever was one universe that left me completely indifferent in AD&D, that was the Planescape universe, which on paper sounded like the epitome of what I would dislike. PS Torment brilliantly showed me an example of what terrific atmosphere I could extract from this very unusual setting.

More relevantly, because not based on P&P experience but compared to the computer games of the time, Torment was the first RPG that made it worth playing a wise or charismatic character. Before that, every RPG expected you to play a physical character, i.e., a warrior with high Strength and Endurance. Until then, nobody knew what to do with other traits.

Maybe it sounds like I'm saying it was the best RPG and that the rating is dated. Well, there might be some truth in it, and I reply it still is a valid rating on that sole basis, but you know what ? It hasn't changed that much. Take the modern Fallout franchise, pretty good games if you ask me, but all they do is reverse the trend. In Fallout 3 or NV, or (outside of Fallout) Wasteland 2, or whatever, the stat you really want to raise is your Intelligence if you care about numbers and optimising your build. That's nice and all, but if 1 stat is more important than the others, at the end of the day, this is what you had before PS Torment. So yes, even by today's standards, the stats mechanics are seldom matched. I have played Torment as a stupid barbarian, and it still was great fun. Very few games have pushed that envelope since then.

Okay, so groundbreaking mechanics, broadened play styles and terrific writing. That should be enough, right ? But don't forget the interface of the IE engine. That interface was one of the best at the time, and still stands the test of time. It is the model that has been built upon. RPGs felt so clunky before. Take the main competition of the day, Fallout and its sequel. True, they are in any way as creative and enthralling as Torment, but what good is it when their interface is so hopelessly bad that playing them becomes a chore ? You do need both to reach greatness, and PS Torment did have both. Still has, seriously. Play it today, it didn't get old.

Now let's spend a minute with the real competition, Baldur's Gate, which also aged very well (At least BG2. BG1 isn't bad but is quite boring if you ask me.) BG improved on the companions. It also introduced romances, which are just fluff to me, but important for many players. That's it. Torment has the best story and protagonist by far. Also less cosmetic the choices. Also just plain awesome. I'm being pedantic anyway: if you like any one of the IE engine games, try all of them.

Very unusual that I spend so much time on a game's qualities, when flaws are so much easier to point at. All right, here is one, common to all IE games: combat isn't great, and comes in nonsensical quantities. Actually, today's games still do that, which means that someone, either players or devs, expect it. Anyway, few battles are memorable. On the other hand, many tactics are completely valid, even cheesy ones, so there is still a lot of fun to be had there.

A groundbreaking masterpiece. And if you don't care about ancient ground breakers, you still have a masterpiece.
  7. Oct 23, 2014
    Honestly, I have yet to find a game that does what Planescape Torment did better. And it's been almost 20 years of searching. It will probably never happen,but if that day comes, it will be glorious.
  8. Sep 24, 2013
    If you said this is the best game ever made, I would not argue with you. It is hard to name a better game. This game reminds us of a time when developers cared about games like they were works of art (now, they make games designed to extract money by microtransactions and DLC). Play this game.
  9. Jan 2, 2014
    This game has among the best story/setting among video games. There's a great amount of attention given to setting details, and strong characterization from all of the party NPCs. Not everything gets explained to you all the time, and it leaves you with the feeling that you're one person in a larger world that's moving along with or without you.

The downsides of the game are that,

The downsides of the game are that, considering that the game is largely about dialog options and how you talk to people and so forth, the game itself won't tell you most of the time when your stats have given you a special dialog option, or your lack of stats have prevented you from picking an option. You have to read a guide to know any of that. Special dialog options being labeled didn't really become popular until some later RPGs that came after this one.

Also, the game is an Infinity Engine game, so naturally you have to vaguely understand the 2nd edition ADnD rules to get what's going on some of the time (same as Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale). Ehhhh. I know how the combat system works from playing the table-top game and Baldur's Gate, so it doesn't bother me too much, but I could easily see how it might hold back someone who was otherwise unfamiliar with it and just wanted to play an RPG with a strong story element.

If you like RPGs that go in the direction of grinding for levels and stat building and so on, then this game isn't gonna be your thing. A few fights are hard, but most of the time if you just fight things that show up then you can just get through everything that's a fight without much trouble. The game doesn't even have much in the way of fights compared to most other RPGs. There's a lot of talking and doing stuff "in town" instead of "in dungeons".

If you like character based RPGs with lots of story, this game is exactly what you're looking for. A party full of interesting characters, and nice setting and quests that are a little unusual for fantasy, but not so unusual that you can't follow along with what's happening.
  10. Feb 2, 2017
    A spectacular classic of story telling and proper, immersive single player role playing. Every choice truly matters and every dialogue commands your attention. Although the setting feels very unique it is really the tabletop universe the game is set in that is unique. But because Torment is the only CRPG to date which has been set in this universe it truly is unique in this medium.
    For a
    For a quick intro, the plane of existence known as Sigil floats above a pillar in what is apparently a giant fog. There are no suns, moons or anything at all we would consider normal, but instead portals all over the place to all the other planes of existence. As you can imagine, Sigil is quite the place.
    And the main character, the Nameless One, is no less strange, being among other things immortal, covered in scars and tattooed messages to himself from his last existence. He is frequently afflicted by post-reanimation amnesia you see, so post-it notes to oneself from past lives is apparently a good idea. Yet he is perfectly humdrum and normal compared to some of the other NPCs he will be recruiting. Morte is a flying skull and the early bodyguard of the main character while Ignus is a pyromaniac wizard who is illuminating and heating a local pub by way of having been turned into a portal to the fiery realms as punishment for his crimes. And there are several more weirdos to recruit as well. With this motley flange of grotesques the protagonist must find a way to discover his past and thereby his true nature. It is just all wonderfully odd and nothing like it has been made before or since.

Pros:
    - Story telling. A 1000 page classic fantasy novel made interactive.
    - Setting. 100% original in the computer medium.
    - Graphics and sound. Although dated, both still do an admirable job of setting the tone and creating the appropriate atmosphere.
    - Character development. All the NPCs in the game are carefully scripted, with virtually endless interactions available for the player. The same conversation will change as your intelligence and charisma increases etc. If there are any holes or inconsistencies in the swarm of dialogue trees in this game, I have not found them. But above all the playable NPCs are astonishingly well written, each with his or her own agenda, abilities and potential.
    - Interface. Nice and clean, plus less heavy on the AD&D fanaticism. Combat is not the main focus of this game and it shows everywhere.
    - Role playing. Unlike the other Infinity games produced by Black Isle, Torment is a true role playing game. For the most part you are free to choose whether to fight your way through something, talk your way through something or sneak past it. Only in rare situations are you really forced by the game into one course of action or the other. Instead exploring each location, each dialogue and each object carefully is usually the best way forward. It is almost closer to being a point&click than a CRPG sometimes.

Cons:
    - Combat. The main negative in this game but something that must be mentioned because of just how bad it actually is. If you are expecting the same stuff as in the original Baldur's Gate you will be highly disappointed. Animations are clunky, collision detection is appalling, path finding nonexistent, the actual combat simplistic and enemies very unimaginative, both in design and behavior. On my last playthrough the main character also absolutely refused to properly animate any movement to the right. Instead he would walk backwards every time I moved to the right, and even turn his back to enemies if they were on his right side while hacking at them in the wrong direction. It is all just absolutely horrible, so do not buy this game if you're only interested in exciting combat and crisp character controls.
    - Limited/weird/useless loot. Not as big of a problem and logical enough considering that Torment is not primarily a combat oriented RPG. But you will find lots and lots of useless trash to fill your inventory and lots and lots of weird things you're not going to know what to do with. Some of the loot is really cool, like the Nameless One being able to equip different eyeballs and Morte (the floating head) different teeth with which to bite the enemies. There are also tattoos, ear rings and of course more normal things like weapons. But it is all fairly perfunctory and very unlikely to excite anybody.
    - Plenty of reading required. Not a problem for me because I grew up before the internet burned all the books. But for the smartphone troglodytes it might be challenging.
  11. Oct 8, 2011
    Planescape Torment is a masterpiece of work in RPG video game genre. The characters, individually, are among the best you will encounter in a game and all are with deep backstories and interesting personality and The massive amount of dialog used to present its story. Dialog trees stretch sometimes up to 10+ options, each with several subcategories, and with several more sub-subPlanescape Torment is a masterpiece of work in RPG video game genre. The characters, individually, are among the best you will encounter in a game and all are with deep backstories and interesting personality and The massive amount of dialog used to present its story. Dialog trees stretch sometimes up to 10+ options, each with several subcategories, and with several more sub-sub categories. Those dialog lines often will take quite some time to absorb which is why this game is not as popular as Baldur's Gate series. The story in this game is incredibly good. You play the game as a character that can never be killed and nameless. What you do in the game is to discover who you were, why things are happening, and what to do next, so you are truly role play a Character as you want to be. Although it did a tremendous job on story telling, the gameplay in this game falls a bit short. The pacing in this game is too slow and since you can not die, it really take a lot fun from the game itself. So overall it's a 9 out 10, I like Baldur's Gate 2 better Expand
  12. Mar 18, 2011
    What is there to say about this game except that it was a tragedy that it was not a commercial success. It is, simply put, the best RPG ever made. It is by no means for everyone; it is a gamer's game. It is for people who want to think...even meditate...about their gaming experience. There is no shoot-em up. There are no friends for you to play with it. There is no world to save. ItWhat is there to say about this game except that it was a tragedy that it was not a commercial success. It is, simply put, the best RPG ever made. It is by no means for everyone; it is a gamer's game. It is for people who want to think...even meditate...about their gaming experience. There is no shoot-em up. There are no friends for you to play with it. There is no world to save. It contradicts just about everything that modern gaming has become. It is a masterpiece. Expand
  13. Sep 30, 2011
    Replayability is the major issue for me with games. Unfortunately this game does not have a great deal of it and I can't give it a 10, but it's still a very close run thing. Astounding. Unforgettable. Hypnotic. Exhilarating. The amnesiac storyline sounds cliched but this amnesiac storyline is so different, so well told, so deeply described that the game is more than forgiven for it. ThereReplayability is the major issue for me with games. Unfortunately this game does not have a great deal of it and I can't give it a 10, but it's still a very close run thing. Astounding. Unforgettable. Hypnotic. Exhilarating. The amnesiac storyline sounds cliched but this amnesiac storyline is so different, so well told, so deeply described that the game is more than forgiven for it. There are not many joinable NPCs, one of them is hard to find and another does not appear until near the end. But these NPCs have, individually, more personality than shelfloads of games than I could mention, so again, the game is more than forgiven. There are more than a few bugs. But this game is so engrossing that you don't really care. Game absolved again. From the constant thud thud in the Lower Ward to the very inspiring fighting music in Curst, the sounds in this game make it unforgettably atmospheric. This game does not have many areas, does not last very long and has been accused of having an unsatisfactory ending. But no other game has such a plethora of memorable characters, stimulating dialogues, great music, spell visuals and moments of great hilarity in such a short space of time. It just shows what can happen when people's motivation is belief and pride in what they are doing and a love for it too, as opposed to purely making money. As far as I know, there are two valid endings which occur about half way towards the accepted ending (and one other a lot closer). I can think of no other game which dares to do that. An exceptionally enduring masterpiece. Expand
  14. Aug 11, 2011
    This game is still on my list of best games I have ever played. The game is near perfect and the ending will stay with you forever. Only game that brought a tear to my eye. Ever. such a wonderful and thought provoking game.
  15. Jaz
    Feb 23, 2013
    Along with Baldurs Gate 2, this is the pinnacle of cRPGs. Better story than BG2 but less combat/exploration. All time classic. As i said in BG2, wish they still made games like this...
  16. Sep 2, 2013
    This game is the second best game of all times(after Baldurs Gate 2).And it also has the best scenario and the most impresive philosofical questions that you can find in any game or in any book.And I say that after I have read a lot of books of Plato,Xenophon and Aristotelis so I know what I am talking about.Life and Death,Ideology and Social Views,Love and Friendship,Hope andThis game is the second best game of all times(after Baldurs Gate 2).And it also has the best scenario and the most impresive philosofical questions that you can find in any game or in any book.And I say that after I have read a lot of books of Plato,Xenophon and Aristotelis so I know what I am talking about.Life and Death,Ideology and Social Views,Love and Friendship,Hope and Despair,Wisdom and Madness all fight an eternal war for the soul of the protagonist.If you have a computer that can play the game without bugs play it.It will be the experience of a lifetime for you. Expand
  17. Jan 8, 2012
    Finished. It was great. I still can't believe I haven't heard of it before. The story was incredible, the only game that has a story like PST is The Witcher 2, and that's it. Though the combat could be stupid at times, the dialogues and the story far make up for It.
  18. Jan 19, 2011
    To be sincere... never played it! But my boyfriend is a big fan (in fact is his favourite game)... so... I can say (instead of him) that the game looks pretty good and the story interesting. Well... I was not talking in his words... he'd say TOTALLY RECOMENDED... AMAZING... THRILLING... of course if you're the kind of person who loves reading even if the story takes you 1h and a half...To be sincere... never played it! But my boyfriend is a big fan (in fact is his favourite game)... so... I can say (instead of him) that the game looks pretty good and the story interesting. Well... I was not talking in his words... he'd say TOTALLY RECOMENDED... AMAZING... THRILLING... of course if you're the kind of person who loves reading even if the story takes you 1h and a half... you'd love this one. Expand
  19. Feb 7, 2016
    Although the combat gets a bit stale and its doesn't look nearly as nice as modern day games there is an incredibly depth to Planescape: Torment that has not been reached by any video game since its release. Now its more than 15 years old but the excellent writing contained in this game still can captivate players today. As the first example I can think of for video games as "ART" thisAlthough the combat gets a bit stale and its doesn't look nearly as nice as modern day games there is an incredibly depth to Planescape: Torment that has not been reached by any video game since its release. Now its more than 15 years old but the excellent writing contained in this game still can captivate players today. As the first example I can think of for video games as "ART" this game should be played by anyone with even a passing interest in video games as a medium of communication, or just people who want to have an intellectually satisfying time. Get it on Good Old Games, its like 5 bucks and it has more depth than the past 50 Triple-A "Masterpieces" that have graced us recently. Expand
  20. Jun 24, 2011
    A videogame milestone, this Baldur's Gate derivative (it uses the same engine) isn't far from an interactive novel. Cast as the Nameless One, an immortal being, you go in search of your own memories and the meaning of your life (and more... but that would be a spoiler). The story is vast and original, the art style marvellously gothic, and many characters in subsequent games areA videogame milestone, this Baldur's Gate derivative (it uses the same engine) isn't far from an interactive novel. Cast as the Nameless One, an immortal being, you go in search of your own memories and the meaning of your life (and more... but that would be a spoiler). The story is vast and original, the art style marvellously gothic, and many characters in subsequent games are inspired by NPCs appearing in this one. Still, I feel the game is overrated. The story errs on the depressing side of tragic; it's hard to feel a connection with the Nameless One, especially on the matter of his past romance. Game mechanics wise, it's busted; you'll want to powergame the Int/Wis/Cha stats to get extra conversation options (the meat of the game), but the later stages are full of annoyingly tough enemies for no good reason. It's clear little effort got put into making the D&D 2E system work well: combat in this game is something to skip past (you can) rather than enjoy. I wonder if there's a fan patch to remove it? Expand
  21. Jul 29, 2013
    I'll make this a very short review just so I can avoid going in depth with the story and gameplay so new players will be surprised when they discover such things on their own. This is merely an encouragement to those unsure of this game's high appraisal.

Yes, this game is every ounce as good as people say. It's well written, well executed, and also manages to be enthralling and fun all at the same time. It's debatable whether this is the best role playing game in the medium, but I find on par with the likes of Baldur's Gate II.

So, if you have never played Planescape: Torment, do so. I promise you will feel like it was worth it once you start playing.
  22. Jun 11, 2013
    PST is possibly the greatest game of any genre ever made, and aside from the Baldur's Gate Saga, it's the best RPG bar none. The game unfortunately suffered from lack of publicity upon its release, so it didn't get the recognition it truly deserved.

Let loose in '99, many people are just learning about this masterpiece. I can't understand anyone giving this game a negative score, but as I've said before in my reviews, you cannot please everyone, and all are entitled to their opinion. I for one however cannot give this game anything lower than a perfect 10, and if I could rate it higher, I would without ado.

PST was way ahead of its time, and it shows in every aspect of the game. The story is one of the best I've ever experienced in any game, ever. To think you wake up in a morgue not knowing who you are or how you got there is creepy and intriguing. Then little by little, you have to piece the puzzle together. This game will make you laugh, make you cry and maybe even give you nightmares. It's that good.

Despite there is just TNO (the nameless one) as the main protagonist, the game has a lot of replay value. This is mostly due to the multiple ways in which you can complete quests, how you treat people through dialogue, and of course the alignment modifier. You can be good, but treat enough people poorly, and you could end up chaotic or even evil. TNO starts as a fighter, but you have choices later to become a mage or a thief, and even switch back and forth as much as you wish (not recommended). There are also factions you can join, tattoos, romance, the list goes on and on. Probably the greatest part of PST is TNO cannot die. He's immortal. Oh sure, he can still be killed, but the final death can never take him. That's a huge plus in my book. No more loading a saved game just because your character got whacked.

A word of warning however... The game is very dialogue intensive. This may be the reason some don't like it, but its necessary for the story. PST is a game to take your time with and not rush. If you do, you'll miss out on a lot. Talk to everyone, search every nook and cranny, be patient and have fun. 10/10.
  23. Jan 27, 2015
    This is true cRPG. In my books, the best one of perhaps 10 games that deserve the name. Oh, and if you would like to play it on modern machine, do yourself a favor and follow a modding guide on GOG.
  24. May 9, 2016
    Planescape: Torment deserves its place on the top, or very near the top, of every best RPGs list. Black Isle Studios, the titans of Dungeons & Dragons CRPGs, turned convention on its head when they crafted this Planar adventure. There are no more typical fantasy races, morality is not defined, or is at least mutable, and every character attribute is tied to conversations and out of combatPlanescape: Torment deserves its place on the top, or very near the top, of every best RPGs list. Black Isle Studios, the titans of Dungeons & Dragons CRPGs, turned convention on its head when they crafted this Planar adventure. There are no more typical fantasy races, morality is not defined, or is at least mutable, and every character attribute is tied to conversations and out of combat actions. It’s a game of philosophy and discovery rather than a monster slaying adventure.

“What can change the nature of a man?” is the question at the heart of Planescape: Torment. The Nameless One is an immortal amnesiac, living many lives, doing deeds terrible and great, changing the lives of those around him, often for the worst. Waking up on a mortuary slab, the mystery of his past propels the Nameless One through the Multiverse, one of the most bizarre settings of any RPG, where he deals with Gods, zealotic factions – like the Dustmen, a faction that believes life is a fleeting precursor to the ultimate existence: death - and mazes both mechanical and magical.

The ambition of Planescape: Torment would have been for naught were it not for the superb writing that accompanied it. Chris Avellone and Co penned a tale saturated with nuance and memorable characters that, even 14 years on, stands the test of time and has yet to be outdone. It’s the only RPG where you'll find yourself searching through the protagonist’s organs to find an important item, or where you may allow an NPC to kill you so that she could experience what it would be like to murder somebody. And all the while you'll wrestled with philosophical conundrums and questions of identity. If that all sounds a bit grisly and esoteric to you, then fret not, as the Nameless One is also accompanied by a floating, talking skull who is an unrepentant flirt and have a thing for zombies, so it’s not all serious.
  25. Aug 28, 2012
    I played this Game in the year 2012. This is game is amazing. If i should rate this game on release date it would be a 11 but now im giving it a 10. if you like rpgs with cool characters, a very nice story and your focus is not on combat. dude GET THIS!!
  26. Mar 23, 2011
    It's stupid to write another review but it's a generally well-known fact that I am a very stupid man so here we go: play this game, you dork. It's much better than the crap you're currently spending time on.
  27. Mar 31, 2015
    This game is a piece of art. I've never played in anything with similar depth in my life, and I've been playing games since 1992. Anyone looking for a remarkable experience should play it.
  28. Apr 6, 2015
    Strong, unique narrative and a few interesting philosophical concepts, but it's not quite enough to totally overshadow the lame combat system and poor balancing of character attributes.

Pros: -Story, a lot of depth, perspective varies depending on player actions -Dialogue trees -Several joinable factions, and a number of alignments based on player actions -Artwork, setting Cons:

Pros:
    -Story, a lot of depth, perspective varies depending on player actions
    -Dialogue trees
    -Several joinable factions, and a number of alignments based on player actions
    -Artwork, setting

Cons:

-Combat is pointless and uninteresting (also rare)
    -Game is unbalanced... Strength, dexterity and constitution attributes are useless. Wisdom unlocks most dialogue options, with a few options being unlocked by intelligence and charisma. Mage class is 10000x stronger than your other options due to the above reasons
    -A few bugs, most can be fixed with unofficial patches, but a couple quest-breaking bugs persist
  29. May 22, 2012
    An absolute masterpiece, hands down the best computer RPG made so far. Intricate story and dialogue that easily surpasses most fantasy novels. Probably still makes writers of this recent Dragon Age type garbage rock in a fetal position and cry. Personal and complex characters, great atmosphere. A desktop & iOS remake seems likely now with Baldur's Gate: EE coming 2012 and hopefully thisAn absolute masterpiece, hands down the best computer RPG made so far. Intricate story and dialogue that easily surpasses most fantasy novels. Probably still makes writers of this recent Dragon Age type garbage rock in a fetal position and cry. Personal and complex characters, great atmosphere. A desktop & iOS remake seems likely now with Baldur's Gate: EE coming 2012 and hopefully this undervalued diamond will get the attention it deserves. Expand
  30. Oct 9, 2012
    I still look back on my time with this game as my happiest gaming moments in the era after I was old enough to not like everything. This game changed my mental landscape and the way my imagination works. I want to get addicted to whatever the developers were on.

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.