9.2

1. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is fun but I have never been able to get into it like I had hoped. The characters are great and the story is good, but the controls and combat are slightly frustrating.
  2. Oct 28, 2015
    I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great,I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great, but far too much.
    Of course this game offer great elements: The setting is amazing, it is sad, that there are not so many studios, that are really creating new worlds like PS:T.
    But overall I quit the game after 2/3 more or less, what happens very rare. This game is like reading a book instead of playing it. Therefore BG2 is still my king.
    Edit: The ratings here are manipulated btw. look at all the average scores, they re getting bad rates and the many 10s with only good ratings
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    is it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in theis it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in the version I played..it was like bad nintendo platform at times..not to mention the musack you have to listen to. Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2012
    Over a decade later, and I can safely say this for role-playing games (and perhaps all games): they just don't make them like they used to. I played Planescape: Torment when I was much younger and could not grasp much of its complexity. I return to it now and see that it is, without a doubt, the best RPG I have played so far. The story is profound and mind-bending, as are all theOver a decade later, and I can safely say this for role-playing games (and perhaps all games): they just don't make them like they used to. I played Planescape: Torment when I was much younger and could not grasp much of its complexity. I return to it now and see that it is, without a doubt, the best RPG I have played so far. The story is profound and mind-bending, as are all the characters in it. Through many a dialogue did I feel genuinely moved, awed, or chilled to the bone. What's more, the gameplay is open-ended and relies on you being resourceful. It does not hold your hand, it does not walk you through tutorials--NO! Like the Nameless One, you wake in a cold, dark world with nothing, not even your memories, and you must go forth to solve the mystery of YOURSELF using your wits and what few scraps you have. Combat is the same way. It forces you to constantly change your strategies and take advantage of the many spells, skills, and items you acquire along the way. At the same time, you are required to concentrate on the dialogue in order to puzzle out the various clues you collect throughout your journey. Torment is so well-written, however, that it unfolds like a darkly poetic novel. Ultimately, if you put enough thought and energy into Planescape: Torment, it comes to life in an extraordinary way. Few games (if any) can compare. It was definitely worth the hours of finagling it took to get this old masterpiece running on my modern desktop. Collapse

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.