Planescape: Torment PC

9.2

1. Feb 29, 2016
    Planescape Torment is worth checking classical rpg. Major flaw of the time is lack of companions that we can actually choose. You can't, even though they're very easy to like I was expecting the same I had gotten from Baldur's Gate. Beside that, it's very fun to play.
  2. Oct 28, 2015
    I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great,I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great, but far too much.
    Of course this game offer great elements: The setting is amazing, it is sad, that there are not so many studios, that are really creating new worlds like PS:T.
    But overall I quit the game after 2/3 more or less, what happens very rare. This game is like reading a book instead of playing it. Therefore BG2 is still my king.
    Edit: The ratings here are manipulated btw. look at all the average scores, they re getting bad rates and the many 10s with only good ratings
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    is it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in theis it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in the version I played..it was like bad nintendo platform at times..not to mention the musack you have to listen to. Expand
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is fun but I have never been able to get into it like I had hoped. The characters are great and the story is good, but the controls and combat are slightly frustrating.
  5. Jun 11, 2013
    PST is possibly the greatest game of any genre ever made, and aside from the Baldur's Gate Saga, it's the best RPG bar none. The game unfortunately suffered from lack of publicity upon its release, so it didn't get the recognition it truly deserved.

Let loose in '99, many people are just learning about this masterpiece. I can't understand anyone giving this game a negative score, but as I've said before in my reviews, you cannot please everyone, and all are entitled to their opinion. I for one however cannot give this game anything lower than a perfect 10, and if I could rate it higher, I would without ado.

PST was way ahead of its time, and it shows in every aspect of the game. The story is one of the best I've ever experienced in any game, ever. To think you wake up in a morgue not knowing who you are or how you got there is creepy and intriguing. Then little by little, you have to piece the puzzle together. This game will make you laugh, make you cry and maybe even give you nightmares. It's that good.

Despite there is just TNO (the nameless one) as the main protagonist, the game has a lot of replay value. This is mostly due to the multiple ways in which you can complete quests, how you treat people through dialogue, and of course the alignment modifier. You can be good, but treat enough people poorly, and you could end up chaotic or even evil. TNO starts as a fighter, but you have choices later to become a mage or a thief, and even switch back and forth as much as you wish (not recommended). There are also factions you can join, tattoos, romance, the list goes on and on. Probably the greatest part of PST is TNO cannot die. He's immortal. Oh sure, he can still be killed, but the final death can never take him. That's a huge plus in my book. No more loading a saved game just because your character got whacked.

A word of warning however... The game is very dialogue intensive. This may be the reason some don't like it, but its necessary for the story. PST is a game to take your time with and not rush. If you do, you'll miss out on a lot. Talk to everyone, search every nook and cranny, be patient and have fun. 10/10.

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.