PlanetSide 2 PC

7.0

1. Dec 23, 2012
    some people are so insanely stupid that they forget to consider that this game is free...even though it suffers from a pay-to-win disease that is not something new to free to play games and especially the fps genre the game is quite balanced...and to be honest you have no reason to buy new weapons (excluding the rockets and machine guns that you can buy for the vehicles) since all of themsome people are so insanely stupid that they forget to consider that this game is free...even though it suffers from a pay-to-win disease that is not something new to free to play games and especially the fps genre the game is quite balanced...and to be honest you have no reason to buy new weapons (excluding the rockets and machine guns that you can buy for the vehicles) since all of them look the same and almost all of them are well balanced...this game can get pretty boring only when you are not playing the game correctly and you keep dieing like me ...one drawback of this game is the certs (ingame currency) you have to use them for talent trees for each class individually,for each vehicle individually,for buying weapons for your classes and for your vehicles individually...and all that for only 1 out of the 3 characters you can create.. if you also consider the fact that certs are acquired in a slow rate and an assault rifle (for example) can have a price of 1000 and simple talents can reach more than 100 certs then this is a very very big drawback.Overall this game is quite fun but it still needs a few changes such as cert prices decrease or faster rates of cert acquirement..also some servers are either laggy or my pc needs a big update since im playing on low graphics and im still lagging... Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2012
    This game is Amazing its amazing what technology has brought us, but wow did Sony go the extra mile this game is fun if you can actually run it, the developers tried to make it to nice and in turn made one of the most advanced games requiring a fairly new graphics card and a bit more ram than typical these days, most games require 2-4 gigs of ram the recommended ram for this game is aThis game is Amazing its amazing what technology has brought us, but wow did Sony go the extra mile this game is fun if you can actually run it, the developers tried to make it to nice and in turn made one of the most advanced games requiring a fairly new graphics card and a bit more ram than typical these days, most games require 2-4 gigs of ram the recommended ram for this game is a whopping 8 gigs or was. But all in all if you can actually run this game you will have a fun time with the large map and constant battles for continents. Expand
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    Solid 7 for this game. When several terms are met this game is extremely fun to play...Outside that it´s road of corpses and most of them are yours. Gameplay wise this is pretty straight forward. You tunnel something and that´s it. Attacking and Defending gets new meaning when you see massive number of aircraft and ground army going towards an enemy base. It takes breath away to see thatSolid 7 for this game. When several terms are met this game is extremely fun to play...Outside that it´s road of corpses and most of them are yours. Gameplay wise this is pretty straight forward. You tunnel something and that´s it. Attacking and Defending gets new meaning when you see massive number of aircraft and ground army going towards an enemy base. It takes breath away to see that this game is huge in scale.

But where does it go south? Unless you have voice program with some friends in it the game is very dull. You run around and get killed, people with higher Battle Rank will dominate in every machine battle and gun battle. Trying to take out a sniper who has stealth more dmg in hes weapon is absolutely stupid. Killing you takes 1 shot, killing him 2.

Solo playing this game equals that i try to kill couple of guys before i log in after 10+ deaths...Group play means lots of laughing, shooting and playing like it´s war game. Organized attack into something huge and have enough classes to overcome all difficulties....Or just take a people carrying tank and drive it over a mine or cliff....You choose.
  4. Aug 23, 2013
    This game really ticks a lot of boxes for me, it has everything I could ask for; large scale warfare, intense firefights, even a little bit of strategy is present!
    The only problem is is that the game is a very power-hungry game, and my computer has trouble running it even at the lowest settings.
    For anyone who has a top end computer, this futuristic shooter is a must have!
  5. Jan 14, 2013
    Having seen many negative reviews I was expecting a very flawed game. But on the contrary, I found Planetsi
    de 2 to be a very enjoyable game. And its free!
    de 2 to be a very enjoyable game. And its free!
    I found the gun mechanics of the game very nice. The scale of it is amazing, specially when there are enough people in the server and 2 "zergs" clash. If that doesnt happen you might be facing boring moments, but these are avoidable most of the time. And seeing those huge battles is amazing. When I started the game I decided to play as medic to learn the game. I was expecting to get a crappy default gun and not being able to kill anyone. Not at all! Default gun (TR) was great. I found out the infantry gameplay very balanced. The things you purchase with Cert points (gained through experience) dont make such a huge difference, they are very cheap upgrades at first and there are plenty of ways to get constant (yet slow) stream of experience doing many different actions, not just plain killing. You get nearly the same ammount of exp for reviving a teammate as for killing someone. Who kills who in infantry gameplay is generally determined by a mixture of tactics and luck. Want some kills? Flank the enemy And if theres enough people in the server and you know the basics you can get to the frontline with no waiting time since there is generally always a mobile span point placed that will get you right into action.

Now for the cons. First of all the game definetely lacks a tutorial. You can spend a lot of time reading beginners guides in the internet before you start and still you will be completely clueless for a couple of hours until you learn the basics.
    The optimization is horrible. But hey once I set the graphics to look like a game from a decade ago the game runs with perfect fps even in huge battles so thats great. I dont really care about graphics so much anyway as long as the fps is nice.
    Strategical and teamplay is not encouraged and unless you are in an outfit it is generally nonexistent. This is generally mitigated by the fact that there are so many people but not that much. So generally fighting will be a mass of people behaving like cattle. So try to find a friend or join an outfit or otherwise you will be very dissappointed with your teamamtes. And resources are so abundant that no one really cares what gets captured or not.
    One of the things that I liked most about this game was that it was free and to my surprise there was not a huge advantage to people that payed real money ... in infantry combat. People who pay get great advantages when using tanks or aircraft. You can see aircraft completely wiping out masses of infantry or vehicles while these cant do much against them. I just hope the developers now dont leave things as they are and strive to balance the game and encourage teamplay. If they do it could get to be a great game. But the game right now is very enjoyable for most of the time.

1. May 10, 2013