PlanetSide 2 PC

7.0

1. Jun 30, 2015
    This is easily one of the best games of a generation, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved and it has only gotten better with time.

Whilst its easy 'Rage Quit' and blame lack of balance on your poor performance, I myself have played all factions too level 100 and whilst population makes a big difference there should always be something to do even when your faction is loosing.

A excellent mix of ground, air and heavy Armour vehicles as well as tactical and casual squads means this game offers something to everyone, Battlefield and COD simply look a generation behind this. Whilst it does take a bit longer to learn.

It hard to believe this game is now 3 years old, it was way ahead of its time and deserves an install on your computer.

Id urge people to play for fun, not worry about there K/D ratio especially as its free to play.

My one criticism is that maybe the K/D ration should have been left out and this leads to some classes feeling they are not 'performing' and leaving all that to those that want to install the the fantastic 'recursion tracker'.

Its hard to go back to small maps and limited game play after spending so long playing with the scale and openness of Planetside 2. Even if sometimes it feels you are being farmed.
  2. May 26, 2015
    Best game to use cheats on and it's free. Love to use esp, aimbot and teleport. When I get banned I just make a new account. Players get mad and send me private messages saying they reported me. As if that's gonna work. Keep them coming boys.
  3. May 16, 2015
    I have put a lot of time into this game. It's probably one of the greatest FPS games to ever exist. The scale of the battles will spoil you away from games like Battlefield. There's just so much going on and even though you are just one person, you are an asset to one giant push on an enemy base.

If you are a new player and checking reviews to see if this game is alright. Let me tell you this. I came from battlefield. I played a lot. PS2 is very overwhelming at first. You have a lot of options and the tutorials are sub par even after all the new updates. It still Instant Actions you at the end, and I don't think they should do that. PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS. GET THEM TO PLAY ITS **** FREE. I cannot emphasize that enough, start a small squad, go to the warpgate, get in a gunship, and find your nearest 100 v 100 battle. You'll have a lot of fun that way.
  4. Mar 22, 2015
    This game is pretty much addictive in any aspect.
    It got vehicle combat, air combat and infantry all in a combination that really does feel complete.
    When you add inn the VAST ability to upgrade just about anything, you got 20 weapons per class which in turn are upgradable with 5 addiotns( Scopes, grips ++) And there are numerous additions in there, You can upgrade AND choose armor
    This game is pretty much addictive in any aspect.
    You can upgrade AND choose armor type, and utilites( C4, anti tank mines, medkits and much more)
    These items are also upgradable to get a better effect..

And then vehicles are upgradable, and have different main weapons and passenger guns to be upgraded and changed into different types. (Anti vehicle, anti air, anti tank in different fashions)

So what can be wrong with this game, obviously kids and people who are really bad at playing it start crying and boohooing about the GRIND and the P2W.. And oh its unplayable i crash all the time..
    Cant be much more than their own fault for not having skills, not being able to do anything but rage because again they dont have skills and their computer is faulty or just they plain suck and actually have nothing else to do then rage some more because if they die, its the games fault :-)

No lag, no crashes at all for me ever even now or back 2 years when i played it as well..

So ignore the crybabies who obviously dont know how to play a game other than being a bad looser at it and then bashes the game instead of theirselves who are childish enough to not see the fault is at their hands either a unstable computer, Unable to play without raging or just sucks.
  5. Feb 27, 2015
    Not the best game ever, it has a lot of glitches, requires a decent pc, and a lot of death... and also low population from time to time

But i love the game and this is the game i have played most of in my entire life i think, and if its free so there is no reason why should not check this game out, well unless you have a problem with getting wrecked and die a LOT and/or have a pc with a bit older specs
  6. Feb 14, 2015
    If you like FPS, then this game is for you. This will make CoD and Halo looks like child's play. An entire planet for you to dominate your opponents on.
  7. Zoc
    Jan 21, 2015
    Simply amazing and I'm afraid far too addictive. Ok so I have been gaming 20yrs or so since a young age starting with ZX Sinclair and Streets of Rage etc. I have lost countless, hours, days, months into a huge variety of games ranging from Metal Gear's, Gran Tourismo's, Guild Wars 1&2, Aion, Assassins Creed's, Supreme Commander, Dawn Of War series and numerous more. This game is by quite aSimply amazing and I'm afraid far too addictive. Ok so I have been gaming 20yrs or so since a young age starting with ZX Sinclair and Streets of Rage etc. I have lost countless, hours, days, months into a huge variety of games ranging from Metal Gear's, Gran Tourismo's, Guild Wars 1&2, Aion, Assassins Creed's, Supreme Commander, Dawn Of War series and numerous more. This game is by quite a long shot my all time favourite game. It has so much depth which when you consider that in essence all it is, is a large shooter. By depth I mean there are so many different paths I can take on my personal journey not to mention 3 factions to do it with. I can take to the skies in a number of aircraft, I can speed across enormous maps in a choice of vehicles. When I decide to get some exercise I can choose a multitude of professions to add to my PS2 experience from Engineer to Infiltrator and then each profession has numerous ways of playing and different styles. Even after a year I find myself asking (mostly on the newest of all the maps).. 'Not sure I've been here before' ! Then there is the graphics,... ok its a 2yr old game but the excitement is so easily captured mid battle with the glorious scenery along with a huge array of bullets and weapons filling the skies with luminous glows of various colours.... This game is quite simply a game all true gamers must try. Yes it is frustratingly hard for a long time when you first log in, but give it time and you will soon feel the buzz this game consistently offers. And to top it all off its free to play. Yes you can choose to spend your hard earned cash but all it really does is give you visual customisation and if you decide to, a head start on weapons rather than earn them the hard way. Cash is not needed to appreciate this game whatsoever, to prove this one factions default Light Machine Gun is I think one of the best in the game (Orion). Finally one more word on the scale of the game, its huge, really really huge. I often find myself relatively high on the leader board on whichever area I'm engaged in yet I recently found myself number 300+(forgot the exact number), meaning in the small section of the gigantic map I was playing on, there was at least 300 people battling for control across three (but most likely two) factions (factions meaning playable race's TR, NC & Vanu)....... Epic. Expand
  8. Dec 15, 2014
    If you're good at Battlefield there's no reason you cannot be good at this, the gunplay is almost the same in both. The problem most people have is in finding the meta, finding a role for themselves in the game, while trying to learn wtf is going on. The meta is simple, find a place where you're outnumbered, and see how well you can do. There's no other game which allows you to tailorIf you're good at Battlefield there's no reason you cannot be good at this, the gunplay is almost the same in both. The problem most people have is in finding the meta, finding a role for themselves in the game, while trying to learn wtf is going on. The meta is simple, find a place where you're outnumbered, and see how well you can do. There's no other game which allows you to tailor the difficulty by increasing the odds you're coming up against, and it only gets better when you add a squad of friends to the mix. Expand
  9. Dec 6, 2014
    It keeps getting better and better with every patch ! PLEASE NOTE that most negative reviews are OUTDATED since the game has changed massively over the last two years. A lot of problems are much smaller or aren't there any more !
    Only in this game battles with literally hundreds of people, on foot or in land/air vehicles.
    The graphics are really good too especially if you consider this
    The graphics are really good too especially if you consider this game's grand scale.
    With 5 different classess and 6 vehicles, and 4 continent to fight for it's hard to be bored.
    It has its share of problems though: sometimes the battles are just not going good for your faction and it's hard to find a satysfying one. Balance of the factions is somewhat lackluster often leading to one factin dominating the others on a specific server.
    Most people claim this game has a steep learning curve, which is probably true, it took me quite a while to grasp the basics. Yes, there are tutorials but you may need to force yourself at first or watch youtube videos with guides.
    There is no other game like it and I strongly recommend it to shooter fans. The game heavily supports playing in a squad, but I usually lone wolf and it's really fun, nothing more satisfying than pulling a Rambo-like feat as a heavy assault or sneak behind enemy lines and sabotage the enemy base with the infiltrator. 8/10
  10. Oct 30, 2014
    I am not a fan of MMOs or FPSs, but this combines the two to create something awesome, although I would appreciate it if I didn't have to keep entering my username and password. Just do a login through Steam.
  11. Oct 28, 2014
    Ruined my life.

Highly Recommended.

One of the most intense, insane and challenging games you will ever play.

My advice, spawn, look for cover and discover how to play your own way.
  12. Oct 15, 2014
    I have just over 2,500 hours logged in this game. The honest truth is this: The game has a VERY steep learning curve, the system requirements are very high, experienced players will easily farm new players. That being said this is the best FPS i have ever played. It has such a steep learning curve because it is so COMPLEX and deep. Every class is a different play style, and every gunI have just over 2,500 hours logged in this game. The honest truth is this: The game has a VERY steep learning curve, the system requirements are very high, experienced players will easily farm new players. That being said this is the best FPS i have ever played. It has such a steep learning curve because it is so COMPLEX and deep. Every class is a different play style, and every gun within that class is a whole new experience. Flying, Tanking, Infantry, Infiltrating are all unique and engaging in their own way. The battles can be small fights or ramp up into MASSIVE 3 way battles. The reviews about "pay to win" are very misleading. There is very little "pay to win", if any at all. I leveled to br100 without spending a single penny. Some of the best weapons in the game are default "starter" weapons, the differences are in their role and not direct upgrades. It is like saying a shotgun is better than a sniper rifle, or vice versa. They are just two different things. Player skill/experience are the real dividers. If you have a computer that can handle the game, and the patience to get through the "learning phase", you will be greatly rewarded with perhaps the best FPS you will ever play. Expand
  13. Oct 9, 2014
    The learning curve is tough, and the periodic updates may make the game crash, but the improvements and eventual fixes that have evolved in this game are amazing. A highly engaged community keeps balance improvements and new content coming. If you haven't played since 2012, they've added tutorials, a full scale shooting range, objective and achievement improvements, a 4th continent, 3 newThe learning curve is tough, and the periodic updates may make the game crash, but the improvements and eventual fixes that have evolved in this game are amazing. A highly engaged community keeps balance improvements and new content coming. If you haven't played since 2012, they've added tutorials, a full scale shooting range, objective and achievement improvements, a 4th continent, 3 new vehicles, and countless weapons. Play it for the giant scale, the huge 200+ player battles, and the nearly endless strategies one can employ. Just try and resist the urge to buy camouflage from their store. Expand
  14. Oct 8, 2014
    This game is absolutely fabulous. The scale of the battles is unprecedented in the gaming industry. The outfits and platoons really bring a huge level team work that a majority of other games just don't have. This game does have a large learning curve, but it is entirely worth it. After sinking about 400 hours into this game, I have no regrets.
  15. Sep 28, 2014
    I have been playing Planetside 2 since beta and it had some growing pains along the way with performance and other development issues. It now runs smoothly and gets better and better after many hours of hard work from SOE. While most first person shooters rely on scripted scenes with jets and tanks in the background, this game has the same feeling of being in a war but it is ACTUAL people.I have been playing Planetside 2 since beta and it had some growing pains along the way with performance and other development issues. It now runs smoothly and gets better and better after many hours of hard work from SOE. While most first person shooters rely on scripted scenes with jets and tanks in the background, this game has the same feeling of being in a war but it is ACTUAL people. The scale of this game is immense and extraordinary and is a game that I would fantasize about as a child. I find myself coming back to this game again and again in between and during playing other games. It is great to jump in and play for an hour or sometimes 4-5 hours. I recommend playing with friends and to play in platoons but you can play independently as well. If you tried this game and were frustrated by poor performance before give it a chance, it truly is a 10/10 game now and it is simply one of the best games I have ever played. It is a free to play game and the free to play weapons are good; however, you will want to buy some essential weapons like the second burster (anti air) for the MAX unit and a secondary weapon for the tank. I don't mind spending some money to support the game as they do require funds to keep the development going. However, I am glad it isn't a subscription based game as I refuse to partake in such game/ funding models. You can buy a subscription and it does help with experience and moving between continents, especially during "alerts", but it is not necessary. The game is just extremely fun and satisfying to play, especially when you blow up a vehicle carrying 6 people inside and you get all these "exp" numbers jumping up on the screen. I love the feeling of turning the tide of battle, sneaking up on a cloaking sniper and C4ing a MAX unit. There are so many memorable and incredible memories in this game that it really deserves a lot more credit. It is unfortunate that games receive most of their ratings in the first few months of existence as the development team has steadily made this game better and better and better. It just "feels right" now. I can see myself playing this game for years to come. You owe it to yourself to give this game a try and to join in on the battlefield of Planetside 2. Expand
  16. Jul 17, 2014
    Planetside 2 dwarfs other games, at least in terms of shear size and capability. You can find yourself fighting in battles ranging from only a few players to hundreds, perhaps even thousands of players. However, Planetside 2 being so big comes at a price: Performance.

Let me say, right off the bat, you need a good PC to play this game. Even some top of the line rigs can have trouble playing this game on the lowest of settings. However, recently, SOE has been working specifically to improve overall game performance, but still don't expect to play this game on your grandmothers laptop.

Despite the performance issues, Planetside 2 is a very enjoyable game, once you get the hang of it. You may find that the first couple hours you play the game, you might find yourself frustrated. But once you learn some of the basic tactics/strategies, you can become a very good player. But even after you get the hang of it, the learning curve is still quite large, and you may find yourself playing the game for a REALLY long time. I have been playing Planetside 2 for over a year and a half, and I am barely halfway through. However, assuming you can get past that, I'd definitely recommend giving Planetside 2 a shot. It still has plenty of growing room, (I think the developers have a 10-year development cycle!) and as is, there are plenty of great features to be explored.
  17. Jul 7, 2014
    Once you get into this game it if a fantastic amount of fun. The battles are on such a massive scale. Graphics are not as good as some other shoot em up platforms but am sure its done like that to be able to run massive servers.
  18. Jun 28, 2014
    Gorgeous.
    Even if this was a Pay-To-Play game, i would give more than enough to play this masterpiece!
    Perfect tactics that you must play to advance your squad/platoon and storm the front You do need to give it at least 2 hours to get used to the controls of it, when you do it is amazing. Graphics are top-notch! Game-play is fresh and new! Sounds are clear and great! Play this
    Gorgeous.
    Graphics are top-notch!
    Game-play is fresh and new!
    Sounds are clear and great!
    Play this game!!!
    but you do need a good rig to play it.
  19. Jun 7, 2014
    I need to start this review informing you that I HATE free to play games.

I need to start this review informing you that I HATE free to play games.

But, this is the only one other than league of legends that I find somewhat fair in their model. - My only gripe about this game is when they release a new weapon.. they make it super awesome so everyone buys it.. then after a week and the sales start to slow down.. NERF! .. ask anyone when the shotgun first came out compared to now.. or the phoenix rocket launcher.

For the game play, 10/10... Love it!

Battles are legendary! The sheer size and scale of the armies that siege your fortress or bio-lab are amazing!

Guns are pretty balanced and each faction has unique art styles and few play styles that differentiate them for the others.

I like the pace of combat way more than COD and battlefield and the system of how you can upgrade your gear is a nice touch.

overall, I will be playing this game for many years to come.
  20. May 26, 2014
    Pros: Fast gameplay and epic battles. You really can't ask for more out of a free to play game. Great game community. Can be addictive as your job is never truly done in game. No single weapon dominates in all fights. Fight on the ground as one of 5 classes or take to the air in one of 3 types of air units or grab one of several ground units from a two person four wheeler to a 12 personPros: Fast gameplay and epic battles. You really can't ask for more out of a free to play game. Great game community. Can be addictive as your job is never truly done in game. No single weapon dominates in all fights. Fight on the ground as one of 5 classes or take to the air in one of 3 types of air units or grab one of several ground units from a two person four wheeler to a 12 person personal carrier. There is now lack of vehicle options in game.

Cons: Suffers from a lack of Meta game. You will find far to many people grinding kills instead of attempting to gain continent control for your faction. This can be frustrating for the true team player yet does not affect solo play as much. Game updates often feel untested prior to launch but are quickly repaired. Learning curve can be a little high so It is recommended to group up with one of the many outfits in game for a helping hand.
  21. May 23, 2014
    Best Free to play FPS in this moment.
    Not for everyone tho. It rewards only the patient players (to get through all that overwhelming information), they can really enjoy what this game offers.
  22. May 18, 2014
    Planetside 2 is an open world FPS with maps that are huge and expansive. This game is free to play and would I recommend you get this? Yes. This game is great fun and due to its expansiveness, four to five major battles happen on the same continent at the same time and each containing 100 - 500 people! This was an amazing idea and it is executed perfectly. However, the expansiveness comesPlanetside 2 is an open world FPS with maps that are huge and expansive. This game is free to play and would I recommend you get this? Yes. This game is great fun and due to its expansiveness, four to five major battles happen on the same continent at the same time and each containing 100 - 500 people! This was an amazing idea and it is executed perfectly. However, the expansiveness comes with a price, a very hefty price. You will need a very good PC to run this game on Medium - High graphic settings and to of stolen a NASA computer to run it on Ultra, especially in huge battles. Like most free to play games, there is micro-transactions and that can lead to difficulty if you start out. For people who love games like Battlefield and Arma, get the futuristic version of those games which is Planetside 2! Expand
  23. May 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. YES!!! I was in a battle at the crown with a grand total of 500+ people!(I am Vanu, and we only had ~50 people there, and the graph showed we were 10% of the people there. Btw, you need a really good computer to play. I use a amd fx 8350 and a gtx 760. I play ultra settings, but the LAG when you have hundreds of people. A** kicking fun when you just see chaos XD) (Btw, smoke grenades and emp grenades=TROLOLOL in these situations...you mess up hundreds of elmos and smurfs(TR and NC) Expand
  24. Apr 23, 2014
    1st, WTH are people ripping into the game for? saying there is no character devleopment? so? on BF and COD, i dont remember character development besides perks and weapons, this isnt an RPG game, its a game where you kill 200 of the other enemy on 3 different maps.

I didnt have to P2W to be good at this game. if your good at BF and COD then you will be good on this game. yes at 1st it drops you into the middle of a battle but unless your not looking when you die, you can pick to respawn in a different area or even the HQ(which is also a safe area and no fighting) which constantly has land vehicles or air vehicles picking up people and going off to battle. besides that you can spawn your own land or air vehicle to fly off in, the only problem with this is if you log in when the game is slow, then your driving or flying off on your own.

some people were moaning that you cannot heal "heavies" you can, its called repairing like you would a tank, they are mechanical and so you cant be a medic and heal them but you can repair them like a tank.

also no objective? it has more of an objective then BF and COD, instead of mindless killing which is fun, you also need to take over bases and mindlessly kill, with tanks, 4 wheeler things, troop transports, airships, air jet things, or on foot.

there is friendly fire and that makes a chaotic battle a mess if you have a bunch of foot traffic and tanks rolling through, happens on BF, so it seems all the people who gave this game a 4 or less havent played those other games i mentioned(call of duty and battlefield) since they cannot handle this game.

you had to spend 60$ to get those games but can play this for free, so dont expect to get every single weapon for free but i have seen that i can get most weapons by getting the points from playing the game on my own, and i didnt have to pay to win to be good at this game.

the only time i didnt like playing this game was when it was slow and no one on my faction was hardly on, i still found it fun harassing the bigger army and just taking over random stuff. also the other bad point, if your comp isnt up to snuff like mine, then it will be super laggy or unplayable, so im waiting on it to release to PS4, atleast i hope it will, otherwise i will have to upgrade my comp so i can play it.

its a fun game and worth trying out, its not P2W, it does have things you can pay money and get the items or some weapons faster but when you have 2 dozen of the other faction running at you, then that rifle you spent cash on is not gonna help you and as i said you can get the weapons with the points you earn from killing, defending or taking over positions, so its fun and not grinding to earn the weapons on your own and unless you get into a 1 on 1 battle(lucky you if you do) i dont think the weapon they have will matter too much.

also remember to those that are not familiar with this game and are thinking about it for the PC or PS4 when it comes out, this is where you have 3 different very big maps, and 1,000 or more peiple on each server which each has the 3 maps, so your gonna have on each map normally 100 or more of each faction, that means 100 people helping you fight, while you have 200 or more of the other factions fight you( there are 3 factions in all) so 3 armies all trying to take over big and small bases all over the map, and there are no rounds, just constant fighting. i have experianced myself 1 battle over a big base lasting for 3 hours, so no one won until enough of the other faction had to log off or give up, if you love constant fighting then you will enjoy this game, its non-stop.
  25. Apr 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic. In my opinion, it's better than EA's garbage child - BF4. I actually played this game awhile back. Back when it was in it's **** condition. You know, poor optimizations and stuff. I hopped into it again, and was surprised on how much the performance improved. Which is amazing! Now I can enjoy the game fully.

THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN BF4 OR BF3!
  26. Apr 9, 2014
    easily one of my all time favorite games. no other game keeps me coming back like planet side 2. constant updates with new guns and features, and after the optimization update the game runs really well for me. i would agree that guns are a bit pricey, but after i got a membership that includes a 50% boost, certs (in game currency) were no longer a issue for me. and i was free to upgradeeasily one of my all time favorite games. no other game keeps me coming back like planet side 2. constant updates with new guns and features, and after the optimization update the game runs really well for me. i would agree that guns are a bit pricey, but after i got a membership that includes a 50% boost, certs (in game currency) were no longer a issue for me. and i was free to upgrade and buy as many new guns and abilities as i wanted. i will say that a big factor of enjoyment in this game for me is the community. devs listen to player feedback, and players are nice and helpful in game and in the forums. i would suggest checking out the planetside subredit and the official forums to see more about the game. the game does have a learning curve i will admit, i would suggest checking out some you tubers if you want to see game play or want to understand how to play the game. the you tubers in no order are: stl youngblood, wrel, zoran the bear, drathamus gaming. my closing statement is this, it is a free game you will lose nothing by downloading it, trying it, not enjoying it, and deleting it. but if you give the game a chance you may find a beautiful game full of player progression and endless hours of fun, supported by a helpful and positive community. at least that is what i found. go to www.planetside 2.com or steam and download the game, who knows what adventures will await :) Expand
  27. Apr 3, 2014
    Amazing game. Huge battles including 200 soldiers on one side and 200 more on the other side. There is a lack of tutorial ingame but you can find a lot of helpful videos in youtube. Every update makes this game even better.
  28. Mar 27, 2014
    Planetside 2 used to be a bit hard to get into but with improved tutorials and better objective setting, I'd say this is my favorite massively multiplayer game at this point. If you're interested in something with a bit more complexity and a bigger scale than the recent battlefield installments: go with this.
  29. Mar 26, 2014
    This game really deserves some more appreciation. It's been a while since its release, and many problems including the existence of bugs, performance issues, and a lacking introduction are fixed. This is NOT a p2w, as everything other than aesthetics can be unlocked using certification points earned from game-play. It does indeed deliver truly amazing graphics on an epic scale (even on myThis game really deserves some more appreciation. It's been a while since its release, and many problems including the existence of bugs, performance issues, and a lacking introduction are fixed. This is NOT a p2w, as everything other than aesthetics can be unlocked using certification points earned from game-play. It does indeed deliver truly amazing graphics on an epic scale (even on my middle class laptop), and all weapons are balanced. Expand
  30. Mar 9, 2014
    A great game, great concept and excellent setting that suffers from a number of baffling design decisions and poor 'knee jerk' balancing. The Microtransaction model also loses another point for me as done right it's great, but feels like SoE are starting to 'milk' it a bit.

They are getting better at it, and the gameplay in an organised outfit (BRTD in my case) is incredible (this is not a CoD/BF4 style log-on play solo game). Overall it could be better, but is still currently head & shoulders above the rest of it's modern peers.
  31. Mar 6, 2014
    Very good game its better with friends but if u dont have strong PC dont play because u will have some lags!!! This is best FPS game i have ever played in my life its all about skills. Players please stop using tanks and aircraft so muck because u ruin the experience of the game.
  32. Feb 3, 2014
    I created an account to write this review. I am normally an anti-fps, anti-competitive type gamer because of the awful community it attracts and that 'twitch' skill requirement in order to compete. In PlanetSide 2 you can start off playing a support role as an engineer or medic and stay in the rear of the fight. Be sure to keep an eye on your mini-map for enemy positions and surroundI created an account to write this review. I am normally an anti-fps, anti-competitive type gamer because of the awful community it attracts and that 'twitch' skill requirement in order to compete. In PlanetSide 2 you can start off playing a support role as an engineer or medic and stay in the rear of the fight. Be sure to keep an eye on your mini-map for enemy positions and surround yourself with friendlies (green dots). Doing so will extend your life expectancy significantly until you are comfortable leading the assault.

If you want to avoid the chaos of close-quarters combat and slow down game some, you can be a tank or apc driver or man the turret. Just don't advance alone and be weary of aerial bombers. Park under trees or near some rocks so you don't get spotted so easily. Coordination and teamwork is very important in this game. These support roles, team play, and RPG elements makes this FPS more than a mindless shooter. I've only played the game for three days, but it's very addicting. My favorite memory so far is running with 100 other infantry, tanks, apcs, under air support across a relatively flat desert towards an enemy fortress while under enemy tracer and mortar fire. As one of the few medics, I saved a lot people that day. It was epic.
  33. Jan 25, 2014
    Planetside 2 is an intriguing mix of FPS, open world tactics, ATV driving madness. The game is very fun and the battles are gigantic, but it falls short on its "Pay to Win" pathways. Just because you've spent weeks on the game trying to get enough certifications to buy the next cardboard box doesn't mean you stand a chance against a level 1 who used real money to get the gold-platedPlanetside 2 is an intriguing mix of FPS, open world tactics, ATV driving madness. The game is very fun and the battles are gigantic, but it falls short on its "Pay to Win" pathways. Just because you've spent weeks on the game trying to get enough certifications to buy the next cardboard box doesn't mean you stand a chance against a level 1 who used real money to get the gold-plated cardboard box with a scope. That aside, the action is fast-paced, classes and factions are mostly well balanced and all around it's a game about teamwork, which adds a refreshing element to modern online FPS games. Expand
  34. Jan 22, 2014
    palnetside 2 is not other FPS, it not other big f2p game that everyone will forget, this is one of the bigest games ever, from the amzing grhapic to the huge maps, with the massive number of players and massive battles you cannot forget that kind of game, even so it really hard in the start cuse of the game just trhow you to battle without you even know waht to do, you proboly going topalnetside 2 is not other FPS, it not other big f2p game that everyone will forget, this is one of the bigest games ever, from the amzing grhapic to the huge maps, with the massive number of players and massive battles you cannot forget that kind of game, even so it really hard in the start cuse of the game just trhow you to battle without you even know waht to do, you proboly going to spend you first hours in the game try to understand wtf you need to do, but in the end you found out this amzing game, if it wasent free2play i could easy see it sold in 60 and I was even pay 70$ for it, but no it free so thank the dev team and play, of course you cant play alone this game ment to be play with at least 5 friends cuse alone you not going to do much, so find good team and play. Expand
  35. Jan 11, 2014
    The original learning curve was a pain in the ass. But, now, because SOE has listened to the people who have the potential to give them money, they added links to tutorials right in the launcher. Honestly, the alerts are not all that fun. They turn the game from strategy to just masses of people in a tiny spot and COD.

Each update provides... problems with balance. If you want to have

Each update provides... problems with balance. If you want to have an easy time before getting in to the whole "shoot before getting shot" idea, go for a medic position, or an engineer driving a sunder/medium battle tank. You get certs like crazy from healing or repairing, and sunderer spawns get you a massive amount of experience, for parking a bus.

Also, an important fact is that each faction is suited to a certain type of play style. The NC is for people who like doing lots of damage, without using a lot of ammo. They require you to be fairly accurate, and account for bullet drop on the spot, or go CQC.

TR is mostly for COD players, where they move quickly, and spam bullets. After all, they have the fastest firing weapons in the game. Their real strength seems to lie within their airforce, as they are incredibly fast compared to any others, and dodge most small arms fire.

The Vanu have the best accuracy and very little bullet drop, if any. However, their weapons just don't do enough damage if you don't aim. Their weapons are best suited to medium range combat, where you don't need to worry so much about getting hit by the NC, and the TR are even less accurate.

I have problems with running this game on older computers, as I seem to get ~30 FPS on an ATI Radeon HD 5570, but it is still more than playable.

I honestly think there are so many scenarios, you should try the game out. The download time is worth it, I promise :)
  36. Jan 2, 2014
    This game wow, 9/10. Always have an absolute blast when I play this game. Game is admiringly beautiful and freakin' huge. Only thing I don't like about this game is the progression speed, takes way to long to unlock a new weapon, not only that but none of your gun progression can be used in other classes which kind of sucks. There is a payment option to quicken that or buy other stuff likeThis game wow, 9/10. Always have an absolute blast when I play this game. Game is admiringly beautiful and freakin' huge. Only thing I don't like about this game is the progression speed, takes way to long to unlock a new weapon, not only that but none of your gun progression can be used in other classes which kind of sucks. There is a payment option to quicken that or buy other stuff like armour. But this game isn't a pay to win. All guns and classes are perfectly balanced. Nothing is OP in this game, if there is, thank god I wasn't abused by it. Overall, great game, it's free so why not Expand
  37. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this Game. The epic battles ars so awsome, and its freetoplay its so nice. The Grapic ist not the best but for an freetoPlay game its amacing. when physx is on its so beatyfull. It makes lots of fun so i rated 10 points of 10 Expand
  38. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is amazing! There is a few bugs here and there, but nothing big. The reason why I love this game so much, is because it is a VERY large, futuristic, battlefield. If you love Battlefield, You will love PS2.
  39. Dec 20, 2013
    I have written a different review about a year ago but since then the game got faster, better, and much more balanced.
    Planetside 2 is now the dream of OC gaming at it's finest hundreds of players on lag free servers, inside a real war run all by people, not AI.
    It. Also runs much better, and I am now able to Max the game on my mid range rig (core i5 650@4.5ghz, MSI gtx 760@1280mhz, 6750mem and 8gb 1333mhz RAM).
    It only has 1 downside, and that is you need at least 4gb of RAM.
    If you have a fair PC you will be able to enjoy planetside at it's full potential.
    Also, I haven't paid a dollar and I never felt underpowered- it's not pay to win.
    I highly recommend.
  40. Dec 19, 2013
    I'm just wowed by people giving this bad reviews because of a learning curve or the "Pay 2 Win" aspects. You do know that almost every game now has a learning curve? Yes this is a semi-large one because it is such a massive game but it is actually pretty simple. Go to a territory, find A. B, C point and capture them and hold them for however long till it flips. Done. Want a vehicle? Go toI'm just wowed by people giving this bad reviews because of a learning curve or the "Pay 2 Win" aspects. You do know that almost every game now has a learning curve? Yes this is a semi-large one because it is such a massive game but it is actually pretty simple. Go to a territory, find A. B, C point and capture them and hold them for however long till it flips. Done. Want a vehicle? Go to a terminal. Want a new class? Go to a terminal. It is not that hard, you are just giving it probably 15 minutes then say "screw this" then pay 2 win? really? every single thing can be unlocked WITHOUT station cash besides camo and certain decals and such that don't even effect gameplay. Yes you have to put some time in effort to get the certs, but I played the game for a year without buying a single station cash or a membership and enjoyed every minute of it. Even Call of Duty or Battlefield have "good guns" which you have to progress to get. Guess what? Station Cash CANNOT be converted to certs and character abilities CANNOT be bought with Station Cash. So you cannot be level one with a fully certed Character, you can have a good gun if you decided to drop 10 dollars into the game just starting a character, but guns do not mean that much. I've seen people get 2 KDR with just starting weapons like the Gauss Rifle or SAW, you have to find a gun that fits your play style, and if you are dying a lot its because most likely you are using a ranged weapon for CQC or a CQC weapon for range. Its not that complicated of a game, I learned it in about an hour or two, and yes I died a lot, but as I played I got better, they don't hold your hand along like other games, and that's why I like it, most of you are adults, you don't need to be told every little aspect of something, learn it yourself by actually playing. Yes you do feel helpless when tanks come rolling over you as infantry because guess what, that's how it happens, if infantry could kill tanks easily then you wouldn't waste your time in a tank. Are you screaming at Battlefield when a tank cuts you down? So suck it up, this game is meant to be that way. Pull a heavy assault and shoot some rockets at it, or cert your guy up to get some C4. As you level up you get better equipment, you guys act like you've never seen this concept before, most FPS games are going for progression systems, high levels will beat you a lot, that's how it happens, and as you get better you will kill them. You can't just start a game and go killing BR 100s right off the bat because they've been in your shoes and know the game better and have had time and experience. The balancing is good, graphics are good, optimization is getting better, updated often. My only complaint with this game is it can get repetitive, but I have to tell myself to STOP playing it so I do not get bored of it because it is such a great game I can sit down for hours and play it. Unlike other shooters it requires some thinking, also the game is played better in a platoon, if you solo the game its fun for a while but you'll most likely be ghost capping and zerging your way along, outfits and platoons make the game a new level of fun. KDR in this game DOES NOT MATTER. Get that out of your head quick, a lot of the people I know that play are good players and still are under 1.0 KDR because this game is massive and especially as infantry if you come face to face with a tank you will probably die, that's how the game works, so get this whole CoD mentality of KDR out of your head when you play this game. Enjoy the massive fights and charges and taking over a continent with your faction. Teamwork makes this game fun, because a win over a territory and alert is more to brag about than a KDR. If you want a game that will entertain you and wow you then Planetside 2 is your game. It is massive, has progression, is one of the few free to play games that is not pay to win, if you put some time and effort into it you will probably get just as addicted to it as the large player-base the game has. Expand
  41. Dec 13, 2013
    The game is hard, i will start with that. It is very hard to learn. Having said that its time to look at it from the players point of view, the game looks amazing, the maps are enormous, and since its PvP, its going to be hard. I have read all these reviews of this game and were disgusted by the way people give it zero chance. You spawned once and got killed and you quit? I have beenThe game is hard, i will start with that. It is very hard to learn. Having said that its time to look at it from the players point of view, the game looks amazing, the maps are enormous, and since its PvP, its going to be hard. I have read all these reviews of this game and were disgusted by the way people give it zero chance. You spawned once and got killed and you quit? I have been playing for a long time now and i will say right now that i have died a ton.. want proof? SerchAndDestry on the server Connery. Thats my name and where i am you can look me up. My KDR is 0.375. 3 months ago it was 0.185. You learn and you get better.

How to survive your first month:
    1: Pick Infiltrator and HIDE. You dont know how to play, no shame in that, so what you have to do is get the infiltrator (sniper) and get away from the battle toward your color, (blue, red, purple). Sit on the edge of a battle and get your kills from long shots. As a Infil, you can go invisible. Plus the infiltrators are the only class that has a built in scope. Watch fights from safety while learning controls saving up certs for your other classes.

2: If you dont have an outfit, find a squad! If you look in your social tab there is a button for squads, find an open squad and join. They will give you objectives with waypoints and orders, which makes the game easier when you have a goal.

3: DO NOT FRIENDLY FIRE! Watch your shots, friendly fire is a hallmark of a noob.

4: Using your certs wisely. Certs are sometimes hard to come by. Your first 30 better go toward a sight for another class gun. If you are over being a sniper and are ready to get into the battle, Heavy or Light Assault are a great place to start, Heavys have massive machine guns and built in shields so you can take a little more shots and they have rocket launchers, its wildly inaccurate from far away but still deadly at medium range. Light has jet packs and Carbine rifles, basically the close combat bread and butter. Spend your 30 certs on a red dot sight for either of these classes and you have a platform to build on, plus guns upgraded on lights can be used on engineers as well. There are alot of options that only need 1 cert on the customization window, one wont break the bank so get it while its hot.

5: Everyone Dies. Really this is the thing you must remember, EVERYONE DIES! The guy that killed you? He was probably killed 3 seconds after killing you so dont get angry, get back in the fight and kill him back (extra points for revenge kills), its a way of life on Auraxis (the planet)

6: You cant Fly. Airplanes are hard as f*** to fly. Spend some time in the training room practicing before trying to do the Top Gun thing. You will just get shot down in 34 seconds and be butt hurt. Liberators and Galaxys have multiple seats with guns. You wanna fly? Be a gunner.

7: Pick your faction carefully! You like red? Who cares. Aside from the elaborate back stories for the teams, there are very distinct differences in the teams. Each faction has a color related to their team; the Terran Republic (Red) boast faster firing rates and chainguns, but are ugly as sin. Vanu Sovereignty (purple) are people who use alien tech so they have lasers which feature no bullet drop but damage drops significantly at range. But it doesnt mean you cant headshot someone from 1000 yds with a pistol. And the best for last The New Conglomerate (blue) The Rebels. We (as in im NC) have high damage weapons. Our tank is the most powerful weapon in the game, and our guns put out the most dps. Our firing rate is standard, our bullet drop is normal, but when you hit a target they will know.

Well I could go on with lots of things but really these are the most important things, Dont listen to whiners who can spend 1 day learning the game before they start crying over how many times they get killed. Because like rule number 5, EVERYONE DIES. So come try the game come to the NC on my server and add me, i will personally show you the ropes and help you in any way i can.
  42. Dec 12, 2013
    Planetside 2, is one of the most impressive games I have played in terms of scale. The maps, or "continents" that you fight on are enormous and simulates a real war, requiring both skill and strategy in order to be successful. For a F2P game it is definitely worth a try. Saying this, however, planetside 2 has some frustrating flaws in ts presentation.
    Pros: The game is huge in scale and
    Pros: The game is huge in scale and beautiful in look. Large fights with Platoons can be very fast-paced and exciting. Free-to play.
    Cons: Planetside 2 requires a decently strong computer to play and its scale can lead to a lot of travelling on foot just to get into a gunfight. Newcomers have very little room to improve and the game is easily dominated by those who have more experience. "Certs" the points with which you use to purchase upgrades take a long time to get and in order to unlock a gun you must play for a great deal of time. Lastly, the any vehicle can quickly kill you, which leads to many frustrating moments while playing.
  43. Dec 11, 2013
    A brilliant game, smooth mechanics a good progression system and the best thing? one word SCALE it elevates the game to a epic level of brilliance. Also unbelievably it's FREE GET IT NOW
  44. Dec 7, 2013
    Game is good should give it a try,that being said...to all the neg reviews...

So many recent neg's omg wtf ppl....Sitting here reading alot of them and its the same thing for most of them(i suck,so it has to be the games fault
  45. Dec 6, 2013
    A really great game that everyone that likes "First Person Shooters" should have installed on there PC.

I cant recommend this for the Playstation because I will never own one to play games on. I will only game on a PC. Some minor bugs shows up now and then but that's todays reality with a company's ability to patch on the fly. Its really that games hit the market with flaws at

Some minor bugs shows up now and then but that's todays reality with a company's ability to patch on the fly. Its really that games hit the market with flaws at all, but they do, and this is no exception. It is getting better and better every week, and this game still is one of my all time favorite FPS that I plan on playing as often as I am able to. This is coming from a gamer that has owned all Battlefield games and COD. This time though I spent that money on PS2 instead of the other AAA titles.

I would have a score of 10, but the bugs drops it to a score of 9

Download it today and find out for yourself what MMOFPS is all about.
  46. Nov 27, 2013
    Okay, So I see a lot of negative reviews here. From what I can tell most of these negative reviews are negative because the game lags on peoples machines well its not their fault your computer sucks. The other ones seem to be from people who suck at the game, again not their fault. This game is awesome. Hands down favorite shooter to play online. You just need the machine and skill to have fun.
  47. Nov 24, 2013
    Brilliant. The start can be grinding but once you've learn what to do then it's amazing! 250+ hours in game and I am not stopping. The combined arms can be frustrating but with a little planning and teamwork can be pure bliss. A year on and this game is only getting better. 10/10
  48. Nov 19, 2013
    Played it a bit when it first came out, but got bored with it fairly quickly. Took a long time to get to any real combat. Once you finaly got there it all just didn't feel very fun or exciting.

Then just for the heck of it i tried it again a few weeks ago. This is a decision i do not regret.. The game has improved massively since i last played it. The gameplay is fun and challenging.

This game is what Battlefield was. A TEAM PLAYER game. You don't win anything by playing alone. You win by working as a team. That's where the game shines most. The teamwork.. You can have amazing fun and epic battles when battles are led by commanders that know their tactics. And squads work together.
    If you expect to play this by yourself as you would Battlefield 3. You might aswell head back to that, cause you won't find this fun.

It takes time to get better gear in this game. You can't play for a couple of days and expect to have unlocked 7 new guns and 15 new attachments. You earn Certs as you play the game and with these you can buy new weapons, attachments, vehicle upgrades and upgrades for your Individual classes.
    If you want the better gear, you gotta play longer to get the Certs to buy it. It is not a pay to win game. You can do just fine playing without paying. Though if you are impatient, you will find that it helps, buying a premium account. You really don't need to though. You will find that just buying a grip for you gun for 100 certs/5 good hours of playtime, will show huge improvements. Though it will take a long time to get certs enough for the best gear.
  49. Nov 18, 2013
    All these reviews are WAY old. The current Planetside 2 is awesome with a massive game update to optimize game performance and graphics. Why is everyone disliking this game. I've seen some people's reviews about being killed as a starter, and complaints about the full-on battles, and to put it out for those people, EVERYONE IN THE GAME HAS GONE THROUGH THAT. and yet millions of peopleAll these reviews are WAY old. The current Planetside 2 is awesome with a massive game update to optimize game performance and graphics. Why is everyone disliking this game. I've seen some people's reviews about being killed as a starter, and complaints about the full-on battles, and to put it out for those people, EVERYONE IN THE GAME HAS GONE THROUGH THAT. and yet millions of people still play it. Overall, THIS GAME IS AWESOME Expand
  50. Nov 17, 2013
    Great pick up and play shooter. Looks amazing at highest graphical settings, I'll often just pause to take it all in as thousands of lasers shoot past. Very easy to get immersed into it and a great feeling when you infiltrate enemy bases and take over to allow your team to proceed.
  51. Nov 16, 2013
    Simply put, I play on the worst computer possible to run this game. Lowest possible graphics settings and I've hit 5 fps. However, even with all that I can safely say this is by far the best free to play shooter out there. The scale is just epic.
  52. Nov 16, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a game that would obviously get ALOT of hate. Its not made for everyone and thats easy to see after about 10 hours of gameplay.

Like games such as Team Fortress 2, Natural Selection 2 and Mount & Blade: Warband, the first few hours of Planetside are incredibly hard and frustrating due to the highly experienced community. The way the games works is also very hard to get used to. If you aren't enjoying the game after about 8-10 hours then you might as well stop playing, if not then you will most likely be having an amazing time.

The graphics, controls, mechanics, and pretty much everything in this is outstanding. The only negative thing I have against the game is the fact that you will have to spare about 30 mintues to about an hour to play a decent game and, unless you have a friend to play with, it gets pretty boring after a while.

Its fun and you might as well download the free-to-play title, as you may enojy it very much.
  53. Nov 12, 2013
    Never ending wars with hundreds of players on three diverse groups on three different, massive continents. What else? Oh yeah, it's free! If you can run this game, play it! Be anything: from a silent, patient sniper picking off enemy forces from great distances, to being a pilot, massacring ground forces and dog fighting enemy pilots! Join one of three major military groups and even joinNever ending wars with hundreds of players on three diverse groups on three different, massive continents. What else? Oh yeah, it's free! If you can run this game, play it! Be anything: from a silent, patient sniper picking off enemy forces from great distances, to being a pilot, massacring ground forces and dog fighting enemy pilots! Join one of three major military groups and even join communities of players in outfits! Play Now! Expand
  54. Nov 3, 2013
    Okay, imagine a game like Battlefield (without the destruction)- great battles, with ground, infantry, and air vehicles battling eachother. Now imagine those battles, but on a MASSIVE scale- and I mean like an entire planet being the the map, and three 200-man armies fighting against each other.

That is Planetside 2- epic battles on a MASSIVE scale.
  55. Oct 27, 2013
    Great fun for those who learn to play it, Most of the performance problems have been taken care of as well as the balance problems. There is simply nothing else like it.
  56. Oct 26, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a definitive First Person Shooter. This game will change your perception of what is and isn't a truly massive war title. The open world, massive player base, and pure fun this game brings to the table makes this a good title for any PC gamer. That's not to say PS2 is flawless. Far from it. The learning curve is much too steep, and I personally dislike their pay-to-win-esquePlanetside 2 is a definitive First Person Shooter. This game will change your perception of what is and isn't a truly massive war title. The open world, massive player base, and pure fun this game brings to the table makes this a good title for any PC gamer. That's not to say PS2 is flawless. Far from it. The learning curve is much too steep, and I personally dislike their pay-to-win-esque profit style. Still, any FPS aviciando should definitely give Planetside 2 a look. Expand
  57. Oct 26, 2013
    This is a good game that suffers from the demanding specs. If you have a good pc then you'll love PlanetSide 2.
    Just remember guns are like the price of a Triple A title!
  58. Sep 26, 2013
    This game is the best free to play game I have ever played. The battles are huge! probably more than 200 players in a fight. The game however is badly optimized but the game play is great. It requires lots of teamwork and this game is amazing. It is free after all.
  59. Sep 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game im lvl 17 and i like big battles in this game.im on north america im red team join it and fun and enjoy.All players dont like this game is styuped Expand
  60. Sep 11, 2013
    Three distinct factions, fighting on three huge continents for the supremacy on the planet. Many classes to choose from with a detailed and durable character growth system.

There is no need to spend money to be competitive. Deep, immense and fast-paced: PlanetSide 2 is a MMOFPS that played in a group offers hours of pure fun. Unfortunately it still lacks of a solid outfit system

There is no need to spend money to be competitive.

Unfortunately it still lacks of a solid outfit system and it's bad optimized for most personal computers.
  61. Sep 6, 2013
    Man, this game is awesome! When I was a kid, I was look like: "Why do this fps games need to have maps? Why not have an open world?"
    And then, Sony came to us with this wonderful game...thank you so much, Sony!
  62. Aug 30, 2013
    I played planetside 1 for many years and looked forward to PS2 in 2012. But on release I hated so much about it that I walked away (back to BF3). Roll on several months to June 2013 and I decided to give it another go and I'm sooooo glad I did. PS2 is now fantastic fun. It feels very polished and there is a huge amount of varied fun to be had. Interestingly in PS1 I played in an outfitI played planetside 1 for many years and looked forward to PS2 in 2012. But on release I hated so much about it that I walked away (back to BF3). Roll on several months to June 2013 and I decided to give it another go and I'm sooooo glad I did. PS2 is now fantastic fun. It feels very polished and there is a huge amount of varied fun to be had. Interestingly in PS1 I played in an outfit throughout but for PS2 I play solo as heavy assault my k/d is nearly 2:1 and contrary to other reviewers I find it very easy to have fun without joining a squad. However I do recommend you walk away from battles which are clearly unwinnable. I'm having so much fun that the ps4/xbox one choice became simple for me PS4 simply because it will have PS2 on it. Expand
  63. Aug 7, 2013
    the game's scale is, quite frankly, amazing. The fact that you can spawn vehicles that are not overpowered in every way, shape, or form. the guns recoil is quite nice, but the learning curve is a bit much. Weather this is a curse or a blessing, i will leave this up to you. The RPG does nearly no damage, especially to tanks. UNTIL you get an air-locking rocket launcher. then you see thethe game's scale is, quite frankly, amazing. The fact that you can spawn vehicles that are not overpowered in every way, shape, or form. the guns recoil is quite nice, but the learning curve is a bit much. Weather this is a curse or a blessing, i will leave this up to you. The RPG does nearly no damage, especially to tanks. UNTIL you get an air-locking rocket launcher. then you see the potential for damage. The game looks great, graphically and aesthetically, but NEEDS to be optimized (i am running an i3 @3.3 GHZ with 4GB of RAM and a DDR3 Nvidia 545) it runs at good a good framerate on low graphics, but an occasional framerate drop REALLY gets on your nerves Expand
  64. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is halo/battlefield on steroids, and surprisingly its free. I use a weapon that has the highest RPM in my faction. So I win most close to mid range encounters and I only paid 250 creds for it, so the game is not pay to win. The only down side is the story line is simple, and the game takes a while to get used to because the tutorial is crap. In conclusion, it is probably the bestThis game is halo/battlefield on steroids, and surprisingly its free. I use a weapon that has the highest RPM in my faction. So I win most close to mid range encounters and I only paid 250 creds for it, so the game is not pay to win. The only down side is the story line is simple, and the game takes a while to get used to because the tutorial is crap. In conclusion, it is probably the best fps I have played in a long time, and that is mainly because of the enormity of the battles and number of players involved is something to be seen to be believed. Expand
  65. Aug 5, 2013
    Aside from being extremely taxing on your pc, meaning you need a nice rig to run this game, and from being a clearly pay to win game, the free player can still have fun. This is one of the most thought out games of 2012 into 2013, its a stellar MMOFPS, the first of its title to actually get it right, and as long as they continue to improve the game as they have this game will remain aAside from being extremely taxing on your pc, meaning you need a nice rig to run this game, and from being a clearly pay to win game, the free player can still have fun. This is one of the most thought out games of 2012 into 2013, its a stellar MMOFPS, the first of its title to actually get it right, and as long as they continue to improve the game as they have this game will remain a 10/10 for time to come. Expand
  66. Aug 2, 2013
    This review comes from a bad fps player, who stopped playing games 6 years ago.

This review comes from a bad fps player, who stopped playing games 6 years ago.

For the last 3 months I´ve been playing this one daily and I still find it fresh. Why? I´m glad to say that even though this is a FPS game, hitting the target it´s only a small part of the game. As or more important than that, one must read the flow of the battle and act according to it. It´s not an easy task and some times extremely frustrating (try to battle 3 to 1 fights...). But the variety of actions one can perform to help his team even if they are completely strangers is enormous. And believe me, every action count. Be it a medic or engineer or heavy or sniper or tank or plane... so on.

It can also be a very socially active game. A player can be part of platoons and share objectives with other players. Even if you don´t have a mic or english isn´t your natural language, your actions will speak for yourself. In my experience the community have been helpful and friendly and the team leaders are usually nice and cool headed guys.

Being this a MMOFPS, good solo players and teams know that you can affect psychologically other players and alter the flow of the battle. They create choke points, distrat them, etc, whatever necessary to achieve their team's goals. It´s not capture the flag or deathmatch. It´s conquering territory.

That being said, this is a great game for many types of gamers with very diferent natural skills. If you´re a good strategist, play it. If you're a good shooter, play it. If you´re a good driver, play it. If you´re good at splinter cell, play it.

So, here´s the downside: It´s not a casual game. There is a learning curve to climb and it can be a frustrating process even for FPS veterans (or not, lol). There´s lots of helpfull stuff in the forums and youtube but the real lesson is in the battlefield. And if you´re like me, you´ll die a lot. What get me going is the acknowledgment that this is a very good and unique game. And after 3 months I die a little less often.

And it is free.
  67. Jul 18, 2013
    Planetside 2 is what I as a shooter and wargame lover has been dreaming about since childhood. If you were one of those who played the first battlefield 1942 and got blown away by the scale of the conflict prepare to be so again. With a persistent battle going on 24/7 across 3 different continents (maps) each sporting an area over 64 square kilometers in size, with up to 2000 simultaneousPlanetside 2 is what I as a shooter and wargame lover has been dreaming about since childhood. If you were one of those who played the first battlefield 1942 and got blown away by the scale of the conflict prepare to be so again. With a persistent battle going on 24/7 across 3 different continents (maps) each sporting an area over 64 square kilometers in size, with up to 2000 simultaneous players going at each other this is insane! And in the first game I have played where actual organization of soldiers take place become part of a greater battle for control over the planet. It is a true combined arms game where you can run as many classes of infantry, pilot aircraft or a multitude of ground vehicles. Just plain epic.

I have been playing this game since it came out and I't still going strong.

PS. If you want to join a good EU outfit (ingame clan) hit up Trident on the Cobalt server playing for the Vanu Sovreignty faction.
  68. Jul 14, 2013
    The game is absolutely amazing. However, it is quiet a bit complicated to learn, (but substantially easier than the original Planetside) and it is SPRAWLING with hackers. Certain weapons are over-powered and some are under-powered. The system they use to show a gun's damage, fire rate, etc. is screwed up. And if you want to have a better playing experience, you'll have to pay for aThe game is absolutely amazing. However, it is quiet a bit complicated to learn, (but substantially easier than the original Planetside) and it is SPRAWLING with hackers. Certain weapons are over-powered and some are under-powered. The system they use to show a gun's damage, fire rate, etc. is screwed up. And if you want to have a better playing experience, you'll have to pay for a membership. But let's look at the positive things: If you like Multiplayer FPS, then this is for you. The size of each of the three maps blows my mind. You're familiar with your Call of Duty maps? Well try putting 20+ of those on a map and spacing them well apart. That's how big these maps are. The entire originality of this game is appealing and the fun never stops. The people who don't like it? most likely the same people who only play COD... on xbox. Once you get the hang of this game, you'll have a blast! Expand
  69. Jul 13, 2013
    This game is amazing, I've never played anything quite like it. The sense of scale and the huge battles can't be beat. The graphics are quite beautiful, especially during night battles, and you can easily get distracted by the attractive scenery. The developers are very active and continue to improve the game at a fast pace.Overall I would highly recommend this game anyone who likes largeThis game is amazing, I've never played anything quite like it. The sense of scale and the huge battles can't be beat. The graphics are quite beautiful, especially during night battles, and you can easily get distracted by the attractive scenery. The developers are very active and continue to improve the game at a fast pace.Overall I would highly recommend this game anyone who likes large scale battles! Expand
  70. Jul 8, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a very solid game, Beautiful graphics and fun vehicles and weapons. And some advice join a squad for the best experience. There are a few bugs and glitches, very few are game breaking but I have there have been a few time's where I would empty a entire magazine of 40 rounds in to a enemies head and it wouldn't hurt them yet they shoot me 2 and I die. Make sure you findPlanetside 2 is a very solid game, Beautiful graphics and fun vehicles and weapons. And some advice join a squad for the best experience. There are a few bugs and glitches, very few are game breaking but I have there have been a few time's where I would empty a entire magazine of 40 rounds in to a enemies head and it wouldn't hurt them yet they shoot me 2 and I die. Make sure you find out which of the 3 factions have the best attributes. The Terren Republic have large magazine's and high fire rates and fast vehicles. The New Conglomerate have hard hitting weapons, powerful and strong vehicles, and awesome music. The Vanu Sovereighnty have the best air vehicles along, High accuracy and laser weapons. Expand
  71. Jul 3, 2013
    I love this game. I have been playing for about 3-4 months now. I have become a subscriber, and joined the SturmGrenadier outfit for the Mattherson Server.

If you want to have fun, join an Outfit! This game can be very hard and overwhelming for newcomers. Once you get through the growing pains, this game provides you with moments no other comes close to. It's as if Halo met

It's as if Halo met Battlefield with 2000 people. Simply amazing.
  72. Jul 2, 2013
    needs better faster servers,internet. or allow personal servers to play.
    soooo recommend high ram for this game. along graphics1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
  73. Jun 20, 2013
    This is a good f2p game it is not pay to win yes the beginning is chaotic but after an hour or two or with the help of some good leaders you the game becomes really enjoyable it is the best simulation of a real chaotic war this game is not really great if you try being a lone wolf but if you play with others the game is so much fun and ive ranked up without paying a dime
  74. Jun 17, 2013
    Review Last Updated: 6/17/13

Current Opinion & Thoughts on Planetside 2: This game is addicting for me, it is not about the kills, it prioritizes objectives and relies on the player's patience and actual skill. Planetside 2 truly relates to Battlefield on a larger scale, and I say this as a compliment because Battlefield is a well designed game with usually balance flaws instead of
    Review Last Updated: 6/17/13

Current Opinion & Thoughts on Planetside 2:
    This game is addicting for me, it is not about the kills, it prioritizes objectives and relies on the player's patience and actual skill. Planetside 2 truly relates to Battlefield on a larger scale, and I say this as a compliment because Battlefield is a well designed game with usually balance flaws instead of gameplay experience flaws.

Learning Curve & Tutorial:
    Let's admit it, the game has a large learning curve, especially with vehicles and how weapons function. The tutorial does not nearly cover all of that, and I do hope they update the tutorial to add most of the controls within Planetside 2 (does not include vehicles currently, and some certain Infantry controls). The tutorial does not cover usage of the map or certs which I find are core components of the game. My suggestion is, learn all the infantry controls at least along with some vehicular controls (mainly the flash and harasser that can be used for transport, aircrafts are too difficult for those unaware of how to use them) and play in VR Training to understand the game more. As of now, the game basically forces you into immediate combat which is relatively daunting and difficult to adapt towards for those not familiar towards the game.

Gameplay:
    This game utilizes projectile based weapons, meaning all of the weapons requires some form of skill and usage of accuracy. Hitscan requires little to no tactics behind using the gun whereas the projectile system (similar to Battlefield 3) adds another dimension towards weapons and adds to the game's already high skill cap. Planetside 2 is addicting if you're patient in the game, you cannot expect a kill every minute unfortunately, and you cannot kill people as fast as you would be able to in other First Persion Shooters. There will always be flaws in balancing weapons in an FPS and balance in general. The default weapons you receive is average and quite useful thankfully and all weapons serve their own purpose. Alerts (2 hours events with a 15 minute preparation time) only add to the depth of the experience. Alerts are events that demand all 3 factions to conquer certain territories over the course of 2 hours and grants experience from a pool of 10 split into 3 based on how well each faction did.

Vehicular gameplay only expands the entertainment, usage of vehicles are important for control of the map. Having different vehicles which serve different purposes definitely makes the gameplay more dynamic especially with both ground and aerial vehicles. However, mastering the vehicle takes time (because of both certification points and actual experience), they cost resources (they are more expensive after Game Update 11) and have a cooldown. This prevents spamming of vehicles and the ability to actually savor the vehicle you buy.

GUI/HUD:
    Again, like everything in this game, it takes a while to memorize the HUD and actual interface. I can't imagine someone memorizing everything after 1 hour of gameplay but after you do memorize it, the HUD/GUI is clean and useful. It's not too cluttered and everything has its purpose. However I would like to note to use the centralized HUD option that is found in the settings (it's much cleaner and easier to use).

Graphics:
    Planetside 2 is a beautiful game. The environment at max settings is just stunning and the beauty of the game is what makes it more attractive. When driving across environments, I always look around to see the amazing textures and details around me (especially in Amerish). However, even at the lowest settings, I do not believe this game is optimized for that because this is quite a demanding game. Even some of my friends cannot play this game while being able to run others perfectly. I can play on Ultra at 50 FPS but that's just me.Being able to play this game at its max settings personally enhances the experience for me.

Currency:
    I personally felt that currency needed to have its own section. This game utilizes certification points or certs as an abbreviation for the free currency. You earn 1 cert every 250 XP you receive in the game. Upgrades to your class and weapons can be purchased with this currency. However, some upgrades can cost up to 400 certs while some weapons can cost up to 1,000 certs which means you may have to spend days of playing just to receive a new weapon or ability. However you do have the option of trying out a weapon. The main issue is that if you intend to buy a weapon, you have to sacrifice not upgrading your class or vehicles and the weapon only applies to one class meaning everything you buy is only for the class you purchased it for. Same goes for everything else. I cannot comment on Station Cash due to character limit.

Summary:
    In closing, Planetside 2 is a an aesthetically pleasing and entertaining game that also happens to be free to play. It's been an enjoyable experience so far and offers a new variety of gameplay.
  75. Jun 11, 2013
    I tend to play most of my PC games at least 60+ hours or more. They're investments, since I spend so much time in them. Some games keep me coming back, like Team Fortress 2 (718 hrs.), Skyrim (298 hrs.), Civ4 (164 hrs.), Neverwinter Nights 2 (243 hrs.). Planetside 2 is going to blow them all away. I've got 617 hrs. in it so far, and the future looks better than ever.

Get in and find a

Get in and find a tour guide (like in an Outfit), start out as a medic and learn how to work with your squad. All you need is your rifle and your medic tool! PS2 is slow to learn, but awesome to master.
  76. Jun 10, 2013
    The good:

Great mix of classes/vehicles. Chop and change classes at any weapons terminal whenever you feel like it. Encourages teamwork and also rewards it. Very satisfying gameplay. No play to win or pay to win. It's most down to skill and awareness. Satisfying skill gains. The bad: Most fights are largely repetitive, although each is slightly different. Shame there's no
    The good:

Great mix of classes/vehicles.
    Chop and change classes at any weapons terminal whenever you feel like it.
    Encourages teamwork and also rewards it.
    Very satisfying gameplay.
    No play to win or pay to win. It's most down to skill and awareness.
    Satisfying skill gains.

The bad:

Most fights are largely repetitive, although each is slightly different. Shame there's no dynamic fights over a new resource etc.
    Air-combat is dismal and poorly implemented
    Initial skilling up can take a while before you feel that you've got some goodies to play with.
    Stats are focused on kills, leaving many medics/engineers looking like idiots as revives etc aren't recorded.
    Many players don't quite grasp the team play aspects of the game, then whinge about how it's not balanced. This isn't a single player game.

I'd improve by:

Adding dynamic resource events away from bases, since many open field fights are vastly more fun anyway.
    Add joystick support to the game, it's hopelessly poor.
    Add generous fuel requirements to aircraft rather than unlimited flying time.
    improve in-game voice comms options, many outfits now use TS/mumble as they are vastly better.
    Allow F2P players to get station cash somehow with an objective in game, even if it's limited/rare.

Conclusion: Make friends, shoot things win. Single players who don't want to work with others will find it frustrating.
  77. Jun 6, 2013
    Type of fps game that I like teamplay or you will lose. Fight hundreds of soldiers for part of continent just amazed me, I never saw something like this. (Its just wow!) Game is free to play and all unlocks are available for f2p players. Only thing that I dislike is hardware req that you need to actually run it all mainstream-high end stuff from last gens...
  78. Jun 6, 2013
    I'm not a big FPS player, but Planetside has me hooked. A tremendously fun game that involves thousands of people battling for control of (at this time) 3 continents. All kinds of classes and 3 distinct factions. Absolutely awesome.
  79. Jun 6, 2013
    I've been playing the game on and off again since it came out... and it keeps getting better with age. If you tried it out when it first came out, you owe it to yourself to log back in, find a group to play with, and get into the fight!

I am continually surprised at how good this game is, and find it even harder to believe that this game truly is a Free to Play game. While there are benefits to subscribe, and there are some great time-saving offers via in-game purchases, there's honestly nothing you have to buy in this game to 'win' this game really is free-to-play, and certainly not pay-to-win.
  80. Jun 6, 2013
    Rarely have i seen a game that is as unique as Planetside 2 is. Think Battlefield 2, 64 times bigger, with 3 Factions, and updated Visuals.

That's pretty much what Planetside 2 is. Want a quick fight? Hit the Quick Action button, and you land RIGHT INTO the action. Strategic advancing with an Outfit or a Squad? Not a Problem either. It's FREE (you CAN pay for stuff, but you can

That's pretty much what Planetside 2 is.

Strategic advancing with an Outfit or a Squad? Not a Problem either.

It's FREE (you CAN pay for stuff, but you can get it by playing the game as well, so it's really fair).

+ They listen to the players.
  81. Jun 6, 2013
    Without a doubt the best and most rewarding strategic FPS out there today. There is nothing that matches its scale and excitement and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

The first thing that's worth noting is that many of the reviews on this page (including possible this one) are very dated, and vast amount has changed since then, so do try and ignore the most outdated, as many of the comments are no longer relevant.

The learning curve is still relatively steep but I think this is in PS2s favor when the alternative in the generic dumbed down FPS we're all used to. With that in mind definitely make sure you give yourself long enough when you play to get to grips with things before forming an opinion, as the pure scale of the environment and battles can be overwhelming.

The best fun, especially early on, is had when playing with a friend or ideally a group, or an outfit. As you gain experience lone wolfing is very enjoyable too, but remember the game is designed with team play at the forefront. Also playing with friends definitely helps smooth out the learning curve.

The free to play model is fair with anything that you can buy for money for the most part being sidegrades so you can still have a great time playing for free. That being said I think it's important to remember that someones gotta pay the bills and a subscription or occasional SC purchase if you can afford it will pay off and reward the devs for their hard work.

What's more I think SOE are earning their keep in terms of patching issues with the game, adding new content and promoting a community. The game isn't perfect but its always improving and so I feel happy that I'm getting my money's worth committing the time and the subscription fee.

If you're a fan of FPSs that have a great deal of strategy, depth, scale and variety then you owe it to yourself to give PS2 a try!
  82. Jun 5, 2013
    The game is definitely not pay to win: I play for free and I'm doing great. If you want to upgrade every class and every vehicle, it's going to take some time though. Excellent game overall, with an extremely dedicated dev team very close to the community. They are doing great work.
    The game is very rough CPU wise though.
  83. Jun 5, 2013
    The sheer scale and organization of PlanetSide 2 really overwhelms a new player, the thrill of running along with hundreds of teammates, doing large scale operations, is just one of a kind.
    Not to mention that its graphics are basically god-tier, up there with Crysis and Battlefield for sure.
  84. Jun 5, 2013
    Planetside 2 is unique in it's massive scale and multifaceted combat. There is something for any type of FPS player. It's like a never-ending game of Battlefield 3 crossed with Halo. The best thing is the superior team behind it coming out with updates every few weeks. If you tried the game at launch and found it lacking in some way, give it another chance. On hint, the game is MUCHPlanetside 2 is unique in it's massive scale and multifaceted combat. There is something for any type of FPS player. It's like a never-ending game of Battlefield 3 crossed with Halo. The best thing is the superior team behind it coming out with updates every few weeks. If you tried the game at launch and found it lacking in some way, give it another chance. On hint, the game is MUCH more fun and easier to learn if you join an outfit (the Planetside equivalent of a clan). The game is hard to learn because of it's scale, just give it time and find a good outfit willing to teach you the ropes. It's a blast when you pull off a successful raid or base defense as a team. Expand
  85. Jun 5, 2013
    The game starts out a little hectic, and you may be confused as to what exactly is going on, but I loved that part. Such a complex game takes months to fully learn, making boredom almost impossible. I have been playing Planetside 2 for about 5 months now and still can't stop playing daily. It is much more fun in groups, however there is always something to do on your own as well. If youThe game starts out a little hectic, and you may be confused as to what exactly is going on, but I loved that part. Such a complex game takes months to fully learn, making boredom almost impossible. I have been playing Planetside 2 for about 5 months now and still can't stop playing daily. It is much more fun in groups, however there is always something to do on your own as well. If you like shooters, or if you like strategy, or tanks, or planes, or 200 vs 200 battles, this game is worth checking out. And it's free. Expand
  86. Jun 5, 2013
    Your first few hours in this game will be brutal. You will find yourself blown to pieces, stabbed and riddled with bullets time and time again. You'll scream as enemy infantry fly over your head, pop additional shields, cloak into barely visible blobs and generally do things you might not expect. Most of all you will find yourself caught in the crossfire of hundreds of players. But as youYour first few hours in this game will be brutal. You will find yourself blown to pieces, stabbed and riddled with bullets time and time again. You'll scream as enemy infantry fly over your head, pop additional shields, cloak into barely visible blobs and generally do things you might not expect. Most of all you will find yourself caught in the crossfire of hundreds of players. But as you stick with it you'll learn how to survive and once you know how to survive you'll find that fighting hundreds of players at the same time is ridiculously fun.

It has its bugs, it's still relatively new and doesn't have a huge amount of content. But it's easily one if not the most fun shooter out on the market right now. It's also free so you may as well try it.
  87. Jun 5, 2013
    The game had some flaws at release, but the development team is really dedicated on making the game better!
    The games teamwork mechanic and gun play are both really fun!

I'm looking forward to what this game turns into in the future, and I love playing it!
  88. Jun 5, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a FPS MMO game with similarities to Battlefield series. At first this game was really confusing when it first came out you had no much help and were pretty much launched into the deep end. Since release however a lot more help has been added so if you played it once and got lost I suggest you try again.

The game is massively open, it's like being on a every battlefield

The game is massively open, it's like being on a every battlefield map sewn together but the map will tell you where the fighting is most intense so you don't end up capping bases with no resistance unless you like waiting for free points). If you are not winning a battle at one base you can simply jump into a jet or vehicle and go somewhere else to fight. The environment is amazing and the game does look great even in low graphics, this does mean that you need a decent PC to play it which may be a disadvantage to some people. The battles get big like over 200 people fighting for a base which may sound great but sometimes isn't as fun as you think unless as they can go on for a long time without moving much ground.

The game is fun as a lone wolf but is best played with a platoon of 40 people who are organised in team-speak/mumble. You can also get a few friends a fly out in a bomber or some tanks which can be awesome as well. The vehicles are easier to use compared to other games but you can defiantly tell a more experienced driver to a noobie.

Now to my problems with the game, the game is free to play but you guns and some of the upgrades are super expensive which can be a little annoying since there is so much to upgrade. You can by gear with cert points and you get them from getting assists, kills and helping your faction take bases. On a good day on Planetside I get about 60-100 certs and most weapons in the game cost around 1000 to buy, which means it takes about 10+ days for me to farm just one weapon. I think this is a little high but they have started adding in sales now to make this more manageable. The main focus of the game is to capture different locations and bases but sometimes this does get a little repetitive especially when there is not many people around to fight you or it is not an even fight.

Overall I think the game for free is really great and defiantly worth a try if you have a decent computer. I f you want to be serious at it I do think you need to spend some money but you can be competitive without if you put the time in.
  89. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been Playing Planetside 2 since launch. For a Free to Play game this has to be one of the best games I have gotten my hands on. The devs work with the community on a daily basis to make sure the game is ever evolving into something spectacular. I have no qualms with giving SOE my money for this amazing game. I see a lot of frustrated people below. The best advise I can give you isI have been Playing Planetside 2 since launch. For a Free to Play game this has to be one of the best games I have gotten my hands on. The devs work with the community on a daily basis to make sure the game is ever evolving into something spectacular. I have no qualms with giving SOE my money for this amazing game. I see a lot of frustrated people below. The best advise I can give you is to find an outfit to run with. If you are not having fun you are in the wrong outfit. I run with TRGgaming in the Terran Republic and The 666th Devil Dogs in the New Conglomerate. A Good outfit makes this game hand over fist better than any other FPS I have played, period. Expand
  90. Jun 5, 2013
    While Planetside 2 isn't as easy to pick up and play as call of duty or battlefield, it offers far more depth. Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS. Don't let that name fool you, you wont be going into instanced dungeons and facing off against a few AI driven bosses. Every soldier you see is a real, living player. Every base is designed for 640 v 640 not 64 v 64. The distances between those bases isWhile Planetside 2 isn't as easy to pick up and play as call of duty or battlefield, it offers far more depth. Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS. Don't let that name fool you, you wont be going into instanced dungeons and facing off against a few AI driven bosses. Every soldier you see is a real, living player. Every base is designed for 640 v 640 not 64 v 64. The distances between those bases is measured in miles, not feet. Planetside 2 is full of bugs and flaws, for example vehicle combat suffers because Anti-vehicle infantry don't render and neither do their projectiles. The weapons are all sidegrades, and SOE will not nickel and dime you. Every balance issue in this fantastic game is due solely to bugs. Don't expect to play this game at 60 fps.

In conclusion, Planetside 2 is a fantastic game with an unforgiving learning curve and performance issues. Despite these flaws, this game will offer you massive, social combat that you simply won't find anywhere else. You need to try this game.
  91. Jun 5, 2013
    I've played this game for almost 200 hours now. It is extremely hard to get past the learning curve. It will take you hours, but it's worth it. The vehicles will be worthless to you in combat unless you shell out some money or spend a serious amount of time playing as infantry. There's no story to be found besides the blue and purple guys are stupid and have to die. You have to be aI've played this game for almost 200 hours now. It is extremely hard to get past the learning curve. It will take you hours, but it's worth it. The vehicles will be worthless to you in combat unless you shell out some money or spend a serious amount of time playing as infantry. There's no story to be found besides the blue and purple guys are stupid and have to die. You have to be a serious player (border-line addicted) to get any sort of progression. There are several balance issues.

All of that being said, it's insanely fun to get into a platoon and follow them around capturing bases and fighting in the large-scale battles. I can spend hours playing, and I do. If you want to engage in gigantic seamless battles as an infantry-man, a sniper, a supporting class (medic and engineer), a tank operator, a part of a gun-ship crew, or a fighter pilot, this is the game for you. Despite all of the negative aspects of the game, I 100% recommend it to everyone to check it out (it is free) and give it some time.
  92. Jun 5, 2013
    I initially gave this game a 7/10 due to the performance issues at launch, and the problems with the battle flow. For the first few months I barely played it and was very hesitant to spend money on it, but SOE have been very committed and they're currently on GU10, and they release smaller updates every second week. The new lattice system has really improved the battle flow on Indar, andI initially gave this game a 7/10 due to the performance issues at launch, and the problems with the battle flow. For the first few months I barely played it and was very hesitant to spend money on it, but SOE have been very committed and they're currently on GU10, and they release smaller updates every second week. The new lattice system has really improved the battle flow on Indar, and it'll soon be available on the other continents.

While there is still much work to be done (PS2 still needs a lot more optimization), I have spent over 400 hours in this game now and I can honestly say it's the game of the year for me. The massive combat is just so compelling, with literally battles hundreds of players large, on continents filled with thousands of people.
  93. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been looking for a game to play with passion for abut the last 4 years but have been feeling sort of forced to. Planetside 2 definitely made my bells go off and I was pretty sure I'd be a game for me since I played the first one a little because of a computer. Now Planetside 2 is here and it's a hobby for me.

The true value of Planetside 2 isn't it's FPS mechanics but teamwork and

The true value of Planetside 2 isn't it's FPS mechanics but teamwork and the scale. I'm an extremely experienced squad leader and moderately experienced platoon leader and it is that teamwork and tactics that makes me come back to this game. Sure there are new bugs coming and going constantly but it doesn't matter in the bigger picture.

I'm definitely here to stay and expect epic moments like I've had so far.

For organised teamwork outfit gameplay of this game check youtube channel by a guy named Raumance.
  94. Jun 5, 2013
    Summary: An excellent game that allows FPS action on a scale above your average shooter
    Pros: Free-to-play done right, epic FPS battles, fantastic co-operative experiences
    Cons: Resource hog, steep learning curve I love Planetside 2. The game itself is fantastic, giving players access to a three-way war between factions each with their own style and gameplay traits. Released in
    Cons: Resource hog, steep learning curve

I love Planetside 2. The game itself is fantastic, giving players access to a three-way war between factions each with their own style and gameplay traits. Released in November 2012, the game is constantly being improved with new content. On the day of writing, the tenth major update has been released.

Planetside 2 is, at heart, a shooter. But it's a unique one. While most shooters are designed around small-scale and 1v1 encounters, Planetside 2 (hereafter 'PS2') is designed around massive battles with hundreds of players and assorted vehicles. As a result, the game experience is truly unique.

It is also free to play. Some reviewers have said that the game is pay-to-win, but I strongly disagree. All weapons in the game (with the exception of identical weapons of different colours) can be unlocked with the in-game currency 'certs', which are automatically given along with experience. As such, it is simple to unlock a weapon. You may not have every weapon, but that's unimportant the stock weapons are in no way bad, and are designed around catering to most playstyles. Other weapons will be better at, say, long-range firefights, but lacking in close quarters, so you can unlock/buy a weapon that better suits you, but you won't be worse off with the default equipment.

The battles are amazing. Often, a single base will have over 300 players fighting over it, in a two-way or three-way battle that can go on for hours. This provides a real sense of accomplishment when you finally take that base, or when, at last, the enemy stops attacking and you begin the counterattack! The game's huge maps ensure that there are plenty of unique locations to fight over!

Furthermore, the game is not really designed around individual encounters; rather, it is designed on an empire versus empire basis. Sure, you might have a stock character, but your faction will have many players who have unlocked every weapon in the game. In PS2, you will lose if you're ill-equipped to the situation, but the individual player is simply a tiny part of the massive battles.

The 'new player experience' (or 'tutorial', as most players call it) is, to be honest, somewhat lacking. The developers have stated that they wish to improve it and, now, you get a chance to learn the basics of movement and combat before you're dropped into the biggest battle the server can find! The game can be hard to get into, but it's worth it once you get there.

Where PS2 really shines is in co-operative play. Groups of players (known as 'outfits') will use VOIP and suchlike to organise massive operations, from tank formations to airborne drops. Joining an outfit, or even creating your own, will allow you to experience PS2 at its best. There are many outfits that are happy to accept new players try checking the forums or asking in-game.

PS2 is a resource hog. As such, check the recommended specs before you download! The players who say that they can't run it probably don't meet the specs, and if you don't either, then your PC will struggle that's what the specs mean! Bear in mind that the devs are constantly working on making the game rub better since release, I've seen a 10 frames/second increase in heavy combat, with about 30-40 frames/second increase in less populated zones, with improvement every update.
  95. Jun 5, 2013
    Since launch the game changed by a large amout. Most of the initial annoyances are gone, and the dev team is putting much work in it. It's nice to see from such a large company like SOE that they listen to the fanbase, which rarely happens nowdays. It's a shame that the initial launch was rushed, but now the game is becoming what it should have been.
  96. Jun 5, 2013
    I started playing this game in early December and thought, like many others, that the game was really frustrating, unfair and imbalanced. The only reason i kept playing it was because some of my friends played it as well.

It's been almost 6 months since then, and i have to say i love the game. Not only i found an amazing group of people (which is key in any MMO, even if it is a shooter like this), but every new patch tells me that the Dev team is amazing. Whenever the community asks for something, they will surely deliver.

Pros:

- Beautiful game, the art team really did a great job
    - Massive fights. Sometimes hundreds of people on a single base .
    - Dev team REALLY listens to the community
    - Each faction feels different from the other two.
    - One of the few shooters out there that really emphasises team play over individual skill. A single player can rarely affect the outcome of a massive battle.

Cons:

- Takes time to understand how to play it properly (the new tutorial will surely help with this)
    - Guns are expensive. It takes me about 4 hours to gather enough cert points (in-game currency) by killing people and capping bases to purchase the cheapest gun.

Also, the fact that team play individual skills makes some people mad because they cant have a nice KD ratio. This does not mean that you cant have a 2 kdr or higher, it means you cant just throw yourself to the enemy forces and expect to win because you can aim better.

TL;DR If you played this game before and didn't like it, please give it another try. The imbalances have been balanced, the bugs have been fixed and the game flow is overall much better
  97. Jun 5, 2013
    It started as an 8 at release. The constant development based on direct community feedback has made it a 9 now and by the time it's on PS4 this game will be a 10. It's basically a Battlefield 3 on crack with more Battlefield moments than all Battlefield titles combined.

Why should you play this? 1.Very solid shooter mechanics, it's out there with the best. 2. Massive, epic scale

Why should you play this?
    1.Very solid shooter mechanics, it's out there with the best.
    2. Massive, epic scale battles. This game actually feels like you're in a real war.
    3.The designers really listen and interact with the community to constantly make it better. Huge patches with new features every two weeks or so, what other game does this?
    4. Teamwork on an unprecedented level for a shooter. You can play it alone but when you're part of a multiple platoon operation run by your outfit, this is where the game really comes to life.
    5. It's free2play without pay2win. As long as we keep playing it, they're making it more awesome.
  98. Jun 5, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a great Free to play FPS game that doesn't severely suffer from the pay 2 win model that so many other games do. If you don't want to pay you'll have to invest some time in order to get enough certification points to buy the weapons or equipment you'll need to fill your desired roll, depending on which classes you like to play. Until that time you can still contribute andPlanetside 2 is a great Free to play FPS game that doesn't severely suffer from the pay 2 win model that so many other games do. If you don't want to pay you'll have to invest some time in order to get enough certification points to buy the weapons or equipment you'll need to fill your desired roll, depending on which classes you like to play. Until that time you can still contribute and get some kills. The game itself isn't newbie friendly but the community is very good at teaching people the ropes and is welcoming to new players. When you get into the game it's as easy as hitting a single key to join a group. If there are enough players you'll be joined to a platoon(several groups joined together with a platoon leader) where you can get orders and immediately spawn into the action.

The action is hectic and fast paced. At this point the game is fairly well balanced and the developers continue to add new features and tweak the balance.

If you find yourself defending a base and it becomes a lost cause, then is the time to abandon that base and move to a greener field or you'll find yourself spawn camped and that is no fun. Fortunately it's easy to de-spawn and go somewhere else. From the map you can see what bases your faction controls, which are in the process of being taken and which are under attack. Or you can click the instant action button to be taken to a battle in progress. With features like this it's easy to find a good fight. Battles can be quick or sometimes they can be long and drawn out sieges. Both are loads of fun.
  99. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been playing PS2 since before it was released, back the so called "tech test" before closed Beta. Even back then I knew that this game was going to be very special, the raw potential of the tech SOE was displaying was incredible. 2000 players fighting on one massive continent, battles including hundreds of players at once, aircraft, tanks, infantry! But that's common knowledge, andI have been playing PS2 since before it was released, back the so called "tech test" before closed Beta. Even back then I knew that this game was going to be very special, the raw potential of the tech SOE was displaying was incredible. 2000 players fighting on one massive continent, battles including hundreds of players at once, aircraft, tanks, infantry! But that's common knowledge, and those features only make half of a game. It is the development team that truly shoots this game through the roof for me.

The game receives at least 2 major updates a month, with hotfixes whenever they are needed (and they are usually very quick with those), which all include both new content and game fixes. The devs make regular efforts to join discussions on their forums, on reddit, on twitch livestreams, on podcasts and even on their own internet shows Friday Night Ops. This level of communication really jacks in the developers to the needs and concerns of the community, and coupled with their own limited brand of restraint the decisions being made for PS2's future have been extremely good. It is constantly evolving, constantly adding new content and constantly surprising me with the user generated shenanigans that a 64 square kilometer map filled with 2000 gun wielding immortals can create.

The F2P model has been extremely kind to the non paying player, the initial guns that everyone starts with are very often some of the "best" guns available. I put best in quotations because with few exceptions every gun in the game has downsides that counterbalance their upsides. Even the weapons that have been identified as straight upgrades (Around 5 or 6 weapon classes in number if I had to guess) have also caught the attention of the devs, who constantly tweak and change those weapons to bring them to an acceptable level.

The only downsides that I can think of for this game are the difficulty a new player has in figuring out what to do (a tutorial system is already implemented and is being expanded on as I type), and that many older computers will have difficulty running this game (especially laptops). AMD graphics cards also seem to fare less well than NVidia cards for whatever reason. I do not believe there is much more the devs can do in terms of optimization, as it is quite a demanding game.

Since those are the only two negative points I can think of, and in the shadow of the myriad of positives I have given, I bestow upon PS2 a 9 out of 10. The game will only get better over time I believe, as the developers really have their heart and soul in the game and have promised to keep working on it for years to come.
  100. Jun 5, 2013
    First thing to do after entering this game is to find an nice Outfit (guild) that is running a recruitment squad, ask for their vocal chat server, and enjoy this incredible gaming experience.

Don't stay alone too long, this game is huge and the dev team is giving it an fast and perpetual improvement, with a great ability to listen to the community. - push you out of the transport

- push you out of the transport plane, at a 1000 meters altitude from the enemy base

1. May 10, 2013