PlanetSide 2 PC

7.0

1. May 26, 2013
    What are the good things? Well, no one buys their way in like in most F2Ps, and the class system is pretty good. The rest is sketchy at best. It is I guess supposed to be a little like Battlefield where you join a squad to complete an objective, but that objective never works. Your squad mostly attacks the tanks (which can spawn way too cheaply) and die, go the wrong way and die or justWhat are the good things? Well, no one buys their way in like in most F2Ps, and the class system is pretty good. The rest is sketchy at best. It is I guess supposed to be a little like Battlefield where you join a squad to complete an objective, but that objective never works. Your squad mostly attacks the tanks (which can spawn way too cheaply) and die, go the wrong way and die or just suck and die. The reason? There is way too much going on for the game's own good. I get they were trying to stay away from the conventional FPS where one man wins a war, but when 2500 players from three teams are fighting all the battles are are air strikes and kamikazes and nothing ever gets done. Picture MW with unlimited Harrier Strikes. The concept of huge scale war makes sense, but doing it in badly organized squads doesn't work. And don't try doing anything by yourself, getting nice weapons or rewards for anything is impossible. Expand
  2. May 23, 2013
    The reason I gave it a 10 out of 10 is because I'm a big battlefield 3 fan and this was like battlefield 3 but in space and more chaos and I liked it.
  3. May 22, 2013
    this game is the Best f2p online game ever its free to play and isn't really pay2win and has a lot of vechiles and weapons witch has a lot of attachments and with awsome events updates is this the best f2p online game ever
  4. May 22, 2013
    I find it amusing the people giving this game low scores are crying it is too hard or you need to spend hours getting the 'good' weapons. I have been playing this game for a while now and still haven't spent a cent and manage to more than hold my own. If you came from a COD background then this game is definitely too hard for you it involves tactics and skill. Battlefield players willI find it amusing the people giving this game low scores are crying it is too hard or you need to spend hours getting the 'good' weapons. I have been playing this game for a while now and still haven't spent a cent and manage to more than hold my own. If you came from a COD background then this game is definitely too hard for you it involves tactics and skill. Battlefield players will feel much more at home and the depth of customisation is a breath of fresh air in this game genre. The large scale battles and varying roles you can play make for some great extended gaming sessions and unique battles. Having a mike is essential as there is no time to type and noone pays attention to the typers anyhow. The only issue is the same as with most other online games gen i jerkoffs who think they are gods gift polluting the airwaves with their ridiculous dribble. Expand
  5. May 21, 2013
    Let me preface this review by saying that I've been playing this game since the beta stage.
    The game is amusing, but highly overrated. It's fun for a bit and then you realize that you've accomplished absolutely nothing and you've been killed every 30 seconds by someone who has everything upgraded for their character. Even when you manage to take an entire section of the map you rarely have a sense of achievement.
    The maps are huge and pretty, but spawn points are obnoxiously far away which results in lots of time spent traveling from place to place. God-forbid anyone kill you along the way because then you'll have to start over.
    Weapons are insanely imabalanced, the Vanu's guns are about as strong as marshmallow shooters compared to the other two factions' weapons. Anyone who can gain a few points (which isn't hard at all) can then get a MAX suit or a tank, which are super overpowered for their prices. It varies depending on the time and server, but the New Conglomerate usually have way more people playing at once than the other two factions do.
    The game shows absolutely no mercy towards new players, you're thrown in with everyone else on the server and usually end up with the short end of the stick in every fight. There is no place for newer, underequipped players to go and work their way up to play with the higher leveled players. Newbies are dropped in the middle with everyone else.PS2 doesn't count running someone over as a teamkill, so trolls will often do that resulting in a "suicide" for you which has a longer respawn counter than usual.
    Lastly, the game is pretty but poorly optimized at the moment.; very buggy with its fair share of glitches. I've got a decent gaming rig: quad core CPU 3.4Ghz, 8GB RAM, & Geforce GTX 550Ti and I can't play the game smoothly unless everything is off or on low with a reduced render distance and 0% render quality.

Tl;dr Game is overrated, surprisingly imbalanced, NC are the zerg, noobs are doomed, glitches ahoy!
  6. May 17, 2013
    I've been having a lot of fun in Planetside 2. There is no other shooter of this scope on the market. With vehicles, weapons, and terrain galore, this game truly feels like war. 2000 players on a giant single continent fighting each other with tanks, planes, bombers, etc, etc? Cmon, have you seen anything more awesome? There are so many things to do! My favorites are flying a fighter jet,I've been having a lot of fun in Planetside 2. There is no other shooter of this scope on the market. With vehicles, weapons, and terrain galore, this game truly feels like war. 2000 players on a giant single continent fighting each other with tanks, planes, bombers, etc, etc? Cmon, have you seen anything more awesome? There are so many things to do! My favorites are flying a fighter jet, flanking enemy platoons with a dune buggy, and raking up kills as an engineer. I find the game as enjoyable solo as when playing in a squad. If you get bored of one playstyle, there's a plethora of other options to try.

That said, the game isn't perfect. While SOE is doing a great job (in my opinion) of ironing out bugs (compare the game at launch and now!) and adding new content (the Harasser FAV just came out, the lattice system is coming out with the next update), there are balance issues, occasional server-side lag, and numerous small quirks that need to be addressed. But I am happy to know that the developers are on top of it. Future content is also very exciting.

Oh, and the game is free to play. It's a AAA title with high production values and you don't have to drop a penny into it if you don't want to (there are various things that can be purchased with money, such as XP boosts and cosmetics to make your character stand out, but that's entirely optional). There's absolutely no excuse why you shouldn't give PS2 a try!
  7. May 16, 2013
    Based off my personal experience with this product it wouldn't be too far fetched to say Planetside 2 is used to torture political dissidents in Iranian prisons.
  8. May 12, 2013
    its fun sometimes, but most of the times you have no clue whats going on and the second you spawn in you get shipped into a battlezone,no tutorial or anything.and if you are in the middle of a bombing raid lke me. your in for some bad luck, not to mention theres a form of "energy" you NEED to spawn in anything.But, the game is really fun if you have a buddy or a platoon.
  9. May 11, 2013
    I played this game for four hours and this game is insanely overrated. Have fun figuring out what to do given the fact that if your new the servers population doesnt give a sh*t about you. I couldnt even find enemys in my four hour game time do to the fact i kept getting team killed by players who just thought it was hilarious to spawn kill all of thier team mates coming out of theI played this game for four hours and this game is insanely overrated. Have fun figuring out what to do given the fact that if your new the servers population doesnt give a sh*t about you. I couldnt even find enemys in my four hour game time do to the fact i kept getting team killed by players who just thought it was hilarious to spawn kill all of thier team mates coming out of the teleporters. There is little to no weapon balance as begginer players will get destroyed ans stand no chance until the rank up and your crazy if you want me to play for 12+ hours to just be on even ground. So overall if your not a fan already, ignore this garbage. Expand
  10. May 5, 2013
    You dont have to pay to be the best player. you have the OPTION to pay to get weapons that you can earn by killing people. and whats the big deal 5-10$ for a gun. this game is amazing and people dislike it because they suck at the game. Most of you say graphics are 6-7 out of 10 well thats because you computer is Overall its a well made game that you have to have skill in order to be theYou dont have to pay to be the best player. you have the OPTION to pay to get weapons that you can earn by killing people. and whats the big deal 5-10$ for a gun. this game is amazing and people dislike it because they suck at the game. Most of you say graphics are 6-7 out of 10 well thats because you computer is Overall its a well made game that you have to have skill in order to be the best player. Expand
  11. May 4, 2013
    Complete turn off for new users in it's current state. I'm not a fan of lame tutorials, but the very minimum one needs for a new game is to check the controls and get some orientation. Every time I spawned and tried to do anything meaningful, I was killed by assorted heavy machinery within seconds. It also felt pretty random compared to PS1 HE fire from all directions don't leave theComplete turn off for new users in it's current state. I'm not a fan of lame tutorials, but the very minimum one needs for a new game is to check the controls and get some orientation. Every time I spawned and tried to do anything meaningful, I was killed by assorted heavy machinery within seconds. It also felt pretty random compared to PS1 HE fire from all directions don't leave the grunt many choices, especially not one whose experience spans seconds.

Getting rid of certs and allowing instant class switching almost makes it seem like PS2 was intended to be more of an Unreal Tournament than the strategic shooter the first game was.

As a PS1 CR4 I think I will skip this mess.
  12. May 1, 2013
    As for me this game is very fun. After MAG on PS3 I'm looking for a similar game. And I found it. I was really impressed by this game. Someone tells that is bad game, because it compel you to think. If you like to play COD, and don't like to think in game pass by. Others welcome!
  13. Apr 30, 2013
    This game is huge and I found myself immersed in a epic struggle for the domain of territory like I never seen If you like a massive competitive war for the domain of territory this is your game the only down side to it would be that it can get quite frustrating to play alone but so long as you have a group of friends to fight beside you you will have a great time
  14. Apr 30, 2013
    Let me start out by telling what Planetside 2 gets right. The maps are large and made to feel like what a war zone should be like, and the sheer fact that the game is actually an constant everlasting MMO-FPS like promised is something mind-boggling. That alone deserves praise from people all around, whether you like the game or not.

But about right there is where the good times stop,

But about right there is where the good times stop, very abruptly. You spawn in for the first anywhere: you don't get to choose. You could end up lucky and spawn at a deserted base, or you'll get completely screwed over and spawn in the middle of hell with enemy fire hitting you from all directions. Either way though, you're still practically a sitting duck because you'll immediately have to go through the controls to learn how to PLAY the game. I don't care who you are, a tutorial is ALWAYS a good idea for those that are new to the series and have no clue what the hell they're doing.

Another major problem is that it is as repetitive as every single modern shooter with very little to no change. The only change you may see is that you've been blown up by five tanks instead of five rocket launchers. Go to this base, shoot this guy, die because he's played more, go to that base, shoot that guy, die again, get in a "plane," crash because you weren't given a tutorial on how to fly, and then wait for another spawn, and so on, and so on until you get bored or until your computer mercifully crashes to save your sanity.

The third problem of the game is it's major lack of story. Yes, there are three factions, yes it's on another planet, but which planet the game's on nobody knows. Why the three factions are warring is a question only people majorly invested in learning the cannon know. Or who leads any of the factions is left to speculation as far as I'm aware. The game has less story than a game that doesn't look like it needs one (i.e. TF2).

But the major, overall problem with almost every SOE Free2play MMO is their incessant love for in-game currency or real-money in-game purchases for better weapons. In other words, the game is a pay-to-win system where the rich get to use fancy weapons and hi-tech gear that can kill any player just by looking, while the new player just sits back and repeatedly slams his head into a wall because it's more entertaining.

Overall, the game is a grand promise of grandeur and amazement marred by horrible design choices, a pay-to-win system, multiple glitches, hackers, and spawn campers, and NO story at all. As far as a F2P game goes, I would recommend anything from Team Fortress 2 to Warframe. Yet, as it is a F2P game, you won't lose any money off of playing, so... test it...? Maybe you'll like it, but I sure as hell wouldn't even begin to call this game good, let alone call it an MMO of the year.
  15. Apr 29, 2013
    I've played this game since release, and there have been many improvements since launch. I've got over 600 hours in, at BR82, with a good sampling of all the factions.

The new player experience has been streamlined significantly. Players can expect to end up in a friendly spawn at a large battle to start things out. The addition of a virtual reality training area, in which all items and all attachments can be trialed, is a huge benefit to old and new players you no longer have to guess at how effective an item will be. The VR area also includes vehicles, and all attachments now as well. I feel much more comfortable introducing new players to the game now, as opposed to release.

The action itself has benefited from many recent additions as well. There is now an 'alert system' which gives all the players on a server a territory objective, specific to one of the continents. The expansion of this system will lend itself to more of an 'objective-based' feel as more content is added.

The combat will feel familiar to those who have played Battlefield 3, or the original Planetside. Infantry play forms the core of the Planetside 2 experience during base battles, while vehicle play is most of the non-base combat. Infantry engagements are fairly short-ranged, the only notable exceptions being snipers in open areas, and the New Conglomerate being able to use longer-range infantry weaponry.

The game still has flaws; there are some frustrating mechanics in the form of one-hit kill weapons: shotguns, high explosive tank shells, and high explosive liberator shelling. The devs, however, have been responsive to balancing these issues for a better experience.

Overall, I'd recommend this game to any first person shooter fans who want to experience combat on a huge scale often in the area of 96 versus 96, or more.
  16. Apr 29, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, this game is great but does have a few downfalls. I love the maps being huge but sometimes gets really boring not seeing a enemy for ages and spending the majority of time with team mates. To actually get any decent weapons in this game you have to pay which is sometimes really annoying when your a low level and the enemy's are high levels spending money and havingDon't get me wrong, this game is great but does have a few downfalls. I love the maps being huge but sometimes gets really boring not seeing a enemy for ages and spending the majority of time with team mates. To actually get any decent weapons in this game you have to pay which is sometimes really annoying when your a low level and the enemy's are high levels spending money and having really good weapons. Playing with friends is possible but finding them (even when their in your squad) is quite difficult when your one of those guys that dies allot.

The good points! This game is one of the most EPICist games i have ever played. Once your whole faction is together on the map you feel unstoppable and feels like your taking part in star wars. Hundreds of tanks, Jets & Carriers overhead and just troops running along side your tanks is a great experience.
  17. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very fun sometimes fast paced sometimes slow paced game. I'm giving it a ten to help counter the balance of a hater or two I see that give it little to no credit. Yes the game is essential a beta, but a well done beta and lets be honest how many "beta" testers hate losing their progress when the official game launches? There's a niche for a lot of people from support toThis is a very fun sometimes fast paced sometimes slow paced game. I'm giving it a ten to help counter the balance of a hater or two I see that give it little to no credit. Yes the game is essential a beta, but a well done beta and lets be honest how many "beta" testers hate losing their progress when the official game launches? There's a niche for a lot of people from support to piloting and just plain up front fighting. I did play the original Planetside and although I don't feel it's leaps and bounds better than that game it has a lot of the core elements that can be tweaked over time like all games. It's free so play on. Expand
  18. Apr 26, 2013
    The game is massive and definitely has a bright future in the FPS gamers eyes but this massive game comes at a cost. Most PC's have trouble running it. Mine alone is above average computer and I cannot even run it properly. As much as I wish I could give this game a 10, I cannot. Not while so many people who have above average computers cannot experience this massive and beautiful game.
  19. Apr 25, 2013
    This is typicall FPS MMO. Once player figures out that nothing you do effects the world in any way, the desire to play this game will stop. Combine with the large amount of cheaters useing aim bots, cover locators, and graphic cliches, the ability to play in a individual or small group is worthless. If you do not find a large group to play with!!!!!!, Prepare to die a lot. If you want toThis is typicall FPS MMO. Once player figures out that nothing you do effects the world in any way, the desire to play this game will stop. Combine with the large amount of cheaters useing aim bots, cover locators, and graphic cliches, the ability to play in a individual or small group is worthless. If you do not find a large group to play with!!!!!!, Prepare to die a lot. If you want to have any other weapons than the standard, you will be spending real money as the grind for cert points to buy new weapons is just too steep. In the end, I cannot recommend this shooter except for the most dedicated shooter finatics. Expand
  20. Apr 25, 2013
    I would like Planetside 2 alot but theres one problem the damn P2W (Pay 2 win) style of gameplay.

Many of you might say it's not a P2W game but in reality it is P2W game because they made collecting in-game money really slow and weapons costs way too lot that you can buy by in-game money. Also i found that theres some huge balance problems that in some faction have lots of players and

Also i found that theres some huge balance problems that in some faction have lots of players and other don't on server where you are playing.

About the P2W thing ithat those don't by weapons and items for real money it takes very long to get them unlike people that buys weapons and items for real money they can get really good stuff on low lever that helps alot.
    For example, if there 2 players on 1 VS 1 and both low level players on same class, the other guy have the basic weapons and items that you can get from start of the game and other guy buys weapons and items for real money from start, the guy that buys weapons and items for real money owns the guy that don't buy weapons and items for real money unlike the other guy with starting weapons and items don't have any chance to kill that guy.
    So it force you buy weapons and items for real money to win 1 VS 1 fights other then that you need always have 1-3 teammates with you even fights turn out be 2-4 vs 1.

But there was something good about this game and that was 2000 players each server, really big maps, really good looking graphics for F2P game, Controlls are almost perfect.

Also not forget that sometimes the server balance is so bad you end up fighting like 20 enemys at same time own base where is only 2-5 own team mates and sometimes you and up fighting all 20 enemys alone.

After i found Planetside 2 be alot pay 2 win style of game then i just stoped playing it and not waste of my time for collecting in-game money that you can collets very long time for single weapon.
  21. Apr 22, 2013
    The TTK or "time to kill" is absurdly low; 0.49 for most guns. That's crazy for a laggy game like Planetside 2. If you don't discover the person first then you'll be dead. There isn't any time to react. This is what brings Planetside 2 down. Not to mention the fact that using the Auto Join Squad feature puts you in squads that clans use who then proceed to kick you from said squad.The TTK or "time to kill" is absurdly low; 0.49 for most guns. That's crazy for a laggy game like Planetside 2. If you don't discover the person first then you'll be dead. There isn't any time to react. This is what brings Planetside 2 down. Not to mention the fact that using the Auto Join Squad feature puts you in squads that clans use who then proceed to kick you from said squad. Crappy UI mechanics also bring Planetside 2 down. Expand
  22. Apr 18, 2013
    I'd honestly give it an 8 but I'm only giving it a 10 due to the nonsensical 0 ratings here. I was never a fan of FPS although I've tried Battlefield and Call of Duty series for an extended period of time. Planetside 2 is the most epic fun I have had since World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. I have been addicted to Diablo 3 with the expectation of an epic gaming journey, but soonI'd honestly give it an 8 but I'm only giving it a 10 due to the nonsensical 0 ratings here. I was never a fan of FPS although I've tried Battlefield and Call of Duty series for an extended period of time. Planetside 2 is the most epic fun I have had since World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. I have been addicted to Diablo 3 with the expectation of an epic gaming journey, but soon realized that it was a failure to begin with. The game was difficult to learn, but after about a month, I was hooked. Planetside 2 has definite negatives: occasional server lag, and poor optimization. I had to buy a brand new computer just to play this game on maximum settings. Hackers are always looming around annoying loyal members, but I can tell SOE is doing their best to keep fixing and improving. The game itself is an awesome masterpiece with a good outlook for a long time to come. Expand
  23. Apr 17, 2013
    -April 3rd patch destroyed all confidence in this game i.e. tons of lag (and no, I know it is NOT on my end)
    -Default weapons are not worthless (I used default only for 2/3 months I've been playing)
    -Squad-based fighting is freakin' awesome and the battles get really intense
    -Overall game is a BLAST, they just need to get their asses in gear and actually work out the bugs
  24. Apr 13, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a game that has a tremendous amount of potential. The recently incorporated Alert system and test servers should provide a boon of confidence to those who have stuck with the game since alpha. It features (more or less) seamless sandbox exploration/combat on (currently) 3 massive, beautiful 5x5 km landscapes.

All this combined with a convenient and easy to use platoon

All this combined with a convenient and easy to use platoon interface and a moderate selection of weapons and attachments, this game would be a great game to play with friends and family.... in about 6 months to a year. Right now, despite its massive, ambitious scale and spectacular visuals, the only word that comes to mind is frustration. Pure, unadulterated frustration. Frustration that I can only get 20-25 fps in large scale battles on a high end PC, frustration that bugs that should have been squashed earlier on are still prevalent more than ever, and frustration that no matter how I look at it the ACTUAL METAGAME, the one that should have been at its current state should have been where it is 6 months ago.

The game as a whole feels very much like a late alpha/early beta state game. It was clearly pushed out the door before it should have been, and it's clear it still has a good 18 months before I would consider it a 'launch ready' title. That said it is a MMO, meaning that it's development cycle never really ends, unless the game flat out dies. That said, I think this game will have a nice long life, and will absolutely be worth trying out in another 18 months.
  25. Apr 12, 2013
    i have no problem with the game it runs well, 40 fps in large battles, nice optimization but the f problem is that at times it doesn't work at all, this is worse than WOW phasing, i don't know what development team they have but you FREAKING SHOOT 50 BULLETS AT A PERSON 1 YARD IN FRONT OF YOU AND YOU DO 0 DAMAGE, YEAH THAT'S RIGHT THE FUTURE FPS THEY CAN SHOOT YOU BUT YOU CAN'T!, i pointi have no problem with the game it runs well, 40 fps in large battles, nice optimization but the f problem is that at times it doesn't work at all, this is worse than WOW phasing, i don't know what development team they have but you FREAKING SHOOT 50 BULLETS AT A PERSON 1 YARD IN FRONT OF YOU AND YOU DO 0 DAMAGE, YEAH THAT'S RIGHT THE FUTURE FPS THEY CAN SHOOT YOU BUT YOU CAN'T!, i point this 8 weeks ago and still isn't fixed, all they care is about selling weapons and other but fixing this god damn game doesn't matter to them. THIS GAME IS WORSE THAN WAR Z AT LEAST YOU CAN PLAY THAT Expand
  26. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game has great potential and realy is fun at times.

pro:
    + huge battles
    + great core gameplay
    + lots of fun in groups

cons:
    - lots of bugs dcs freezes
    - server down quite often
    - unbalanced vehicle infantry relation
    - realy bad balancing of earned ingame currency (stuf realy expensive)
    - really expensive micro-transactions (a gun 10 ???)
    - confusing maps, menues and menu linking (needs polish!)
  27. Apr 7, 2013
    When I first started playing this game I actually enjoyed it. However, I started quite late and after a while I started to find this one of the most frustrating and unfair first person shooters I have ever played. New players are thrown into a battle as a level 1 and are mostly against lever 20s, not to mention the countless level 40s and even level 70s. They have much better weapons thanWhen I first started playing this game I actually enjoyed it. However, I started quite late and after a while I started to find this one of the most frustrating and unfair first person shooters I have ever played. New players are thrown into a battle as a level 1 and are mostly against lever 20s, not to mention the countless level 40s and even level 70s. They have much better weapons than you and even if you get the first shot you can almost bet your life that if they start shooting back its over. They also have better armour. The snipers in this game are ridiculous, yielding very powerful semi-automatics at a higher level. Eventually I found myself aiming to get one kill for every spawn in a battle because it was inevitable that either I will get shot to pieces by an experienced player or picked off instantly by a sniper.

Even if you're good at first person shooters don't expect that you will do just as well in this game. I guarantee that when you experience your first battle you'll be instantly killed with a few shots from a more experienced player with a much better gun than you. I stopped playing after I realised I was only re-spawning to be killed again. This game is unfair, unrewarding, frustrating and simply not fun. As other people have said, it's just a complete mess.
  28. Apr 6, 2013
    For new players this game is the worst. There is no learning area, you are thrown into battle without a clue and put up against the games seasoned p2w players and just killed at will. The game offers no path to learn the game. I can not stress how this is the worst game to start as a new player. The vendor greed is totally shown and knows no bounds. The frustration can not beFor new players this game is the worst. There is no learning area, you are thrown into battle without a clue and put up against the games seasoned p2w players and just killed at will. The game offers no path to learn the game. I can not stress how this is the worst game to start as a new player. The vendor greed is totally shown and knows no bounds. The frustration can not be described. It's enough that I don't even think I try anything Sony puts out again nor anything else with the Sony name on it. I can't get over the greed of this vendor to start asking for money before you can play or even see how to play. The frustration is beyond words. That aside, the game also froze twice adding even more to the frustration. Expand
  29. Apr 1, 2013
    Planetside 2 is the best MMO of the last 5 years, it is very fun and pretty and addictive, if your PC can run it I highly recommend it (I use a midrange CPU from 3 years ago and a midrange video card I bought in 2012 and I run the game on Ultra just fine)

I'm not sure where the anger comes with regard to difficulty yes, if you try to charge out of your spawn room when you're alone and 2 platoons are capturing your base you are going to have a bad time, that's how the game works, you're supposed to spawn elsewhere if you get overrun. Also, the cash shop is very reasonable given that the game is totally free to download and all weapons can be earned through gameplay. Many of the most powerful and widely used weapons, like the CARV and the SAW and MBT HEAT rounds are available by default: the SAW and HEAT Rounds in particlar have only become more popular with successive patches. There's no conspiracy by SOE to make default guns worthless
  30. Mar 30, 2013
    Uninspired levels, horrid sound, boring bland weapons, lag lag lag lag and altogether wasted untapped potential that is just a few of the things that planetside 2 suffers from. Don't waste you're time with this atrocity until the developers pull up their pants, sew their heads back on, lace up their work boots and realise that just because you make it free it doesn't mean that you canUninspired levels, horrid sound, boring bland weapons, lag lag lag lag and altogether wasted untapped potential that is just a few of the things that planetside 2 suffers from. Don't waste you're time with this atrocity until the developers pull up their pants, sew their heads back on, lace up their work boots and realise that just because you make it free it doesn't mean that you can spoon feed people crap and that you actually still have to make an effort... Expand
  31. Mar 30, 2013
    Many people complain about this game's lack of fair balance or that it feels rushed to them. I'm sorry, but did you expect this to be a CoD game? And as for the learning curve, this is war for crying out loud, not a training camp! They do have tutorial videos linked in the game's launcher, and yes, the learning curve needs fixing, but then again, it's a bit better than going through yetMany people complain about this game's lack of fair balance or that it feels rushed to them. I'm sorry, but did you expect this to be a CoD game? And as for the learning curve, this is war for crying out loud, not a training camp! They do have tutorial videos linked in the game's launcher, and yes, the learning curve needs fixing, but then again, it's a bit better than going through yet another hand-holding, navi-esque tutorial isn't it? Planetside 2's 2 main blessings are it's adaptability and the teamwork the game encourages. Since it's not a box release, few can realistically expect that the game would be perfect right from the start. If a problem arises or a bug is discovered, it gets fixed in the next update. Teamwork is EVERYTHING in this game, you should never expect to succeed as a lone-wolf unless you play as an infiltrator and know when to fight and when to not. No one person can single-handedly change the tide of a battle or the war, you are always working with other players to accomplish a goal.

The game itself, isn't exactly pay-to-play, everything is available for purchase with in-game currency, and all of the things that can only be bought with real money are just for looks. Admittedly, you do need to pour a lot of certs into your empire's fighter to get it to it's full potential, but like I said, everything is free: you just have to save up the certs you've earned.

Pretty much the only things you can buy with money in the game that actually gives you any advantage are weapons; everything that gives you a basic edge over everything you encounter (better armor for example) can only be purchased by using the in-game currency.

and on the note of the cert grind, how would you like it if EVERYONE in the game had the best weapons and upgrades after playing for a short amount of time? it'd get bland fast: there would be nothing to look forward to getting.

And face it: in every game you start playing, there WILL be players that are better than you that have been playing longer than you and will pwn you at first

SOE has added a virtual-reality training area that allows you to try out EVERYTHING that you could possibly want, and since all of the weapons are unlocked while you are in the training area, you can just click on the "compare stats" box and have no more need for looking through wiki pages. If all else fails, you can give a gun or an upgrade to one of your vehicles a test run. In conclusion, Planetside 2 may have it's flaws (who/ what doesn't?), but it's sheer scale and readiness to fix any problems that it's players find more than make up for them
  32. Mar 27, 2013
    Hands down, the best Online FPS around. All the negative user feedback can be attributed to the fact that, in the beginning, its a little hard to understand how things work, but watch this video "http://youtu.be/Tx_xeRFlNTA" (about the basics of navigating the world), and you'll be prepared to have a lot of fun. Great game, and the way Free-2-Play games are supposed to be made
  33. Mar 26, 2013
    Purely idiotic game design. As you spawn into the game, you have no idea what you are doing. Distinguishing enemies from friendlies is a pain in the ass (some classes had similar body colours as the enemy team). And the best thing ever your weapons get if you accidentally shoot some idiot on your team. The only reason this cesspool of a game exists is because it is "free".
  34. Mar 25, 2013
    Planetside 2 is one of those games that drops you in the battlefield without any experience or knowledge over what to do and how to do it. You're often wondering where the action is going on, and when it's there you're powerless. I had to give it a three because, for a free to play game, it looks stunning, but it's a dead hamster hidden in a beautiful box.
  35. Mar 24, 2013
    It is clearly pay 2 win, the balance is a piece of (shotguns anybody?), every patch brins in new inbalances and bugs, however it's still lots of fun to play for some reason
  36. Mar 23, 2013
    The game has big maps, lots of visual and play-style choices. It also has glitches and bugs some of which date back to release and beta such as;

Knocking your system offline Spawning you in a "incorporeal" state where you can't harm anyone or be harmed Random freezes Knocking out system sound Inaccurate relaying of health/ammo information all within one session, or even one hour.

Knocking your system offline
    Spawning you in a "incorporeal" state where you can't harm anyone or be harmed
    Random freezes
    Knocking out system sound
    Inaccurate relaying of health/ammo information

all within one session, or even one hour. It is free to play but the multitude of bugs which pretty much guarantee some form of performance issue or session ending crash gives an experience that would not have been acceptable under a one time purchase with micro transactions model or even as a standalone purchase.

Much like the game play itself, Planetside 2 survives on how many issues, and in what format you can endure them, and still willingly invest in it.
  37. Mar 22, 2013
    Terrible performance issues i wont ever go near this game again.
    Tested it out and it runs appaling how on earth can you expect people to play this garbage it runs like a slide show on high end gear.
    What mess cya
  38. Mar 17, 2013
    FIRSTLY: the considerations.. 1. This game IS an MMO with a typical MMO learning curve. Any first person shooter fan that likes to just jump into a game and just terrorize an enemy platoon is not going to find that easy to accomplish on HIS OWN.

Why? Because when you single yourself out in an MMO shooter, you pit yourself again an entire virtual world of enemies! 2. It is free to

2. It is free to play and still has some bugs, OK! But they are still building on the game and releasing content as we speak.

FREE TO PLAY

I may be a little older (28) but I know a thing or two about gratitude and let me say: the ones complaining about this game are little kids that don't yet have the experience in life to understand the value of typically anything and in most case, talking to you America, yes I live here too, their own health.

3. HUGE battles, very confusing at first and nobody will respond to you on open chat.

Get your feet on the ground and press INSERT twice and viola! That easy, you are in a squad and can follow their waypoints. "V" key is your commands and requests.. anybody that has played a PC game should be able to relate, I am missing the part where this is SO complicated it is worth a rating of "2"?? Ignorant.

I am rating it a 10 because that is my personal opinion. It is a damn cool world with a huge living combat arena where I am making online friends and hearing a-lot of perverted jokes! There are also plenty of ladies kicking ass and taking names in this game so keep that in mind, nothing is pickier than a female gamer!

GRAPHICS ARE UP TO PAR!

PHYSICS ARE BALANCED!

SHOOTING MECHANIC ITSELF, THE ACTUALLY GAMEPLAY ASPECT.. FEELS SIMILAR TO CALL OF DUTY, VERY TACTICAL AND YOU ARE PITTED AGAINST OVER SHIELDED CYBORGS!

YOU CAN TELL YOU SHOOTING A FLESHY TARGET BY HOW QUICKLY THEY DROP, OR HOW THEY RESPOND POORLY TO HEADSHOTS!

Game is a process hog, however! I am running it on a 9460 4g ddr and a single 8800 gt!! Graphics obviously reduced quite a bit but the game is holding a great framerate and doesn't look bad.

Other pc is an i5 quad core with 16g of ram and sli 680s looks mighty fine. All in game models are very well detailed and animated, particle effects, lighting.. this game really looks great!

Give it a try and keep in mind it will take at least 3 hours to get a grasp.

The developer provides instructional videos for the NooBS!

Enjoy!
  39. Mar 16, 2013
    Ok as much as i'd love to sing planetside2's praised there are certain elements that have to be addressed. First lets start with the positives
    -Huge scale maps
    -Exciting gameplay -Actual point in snipers as maps are so huge -Amazing fun with friends -When the battle gets going IT GETS GOING Negatives -There's no real tutorial, a friend of mine had to teach me the ropes -Gun
    -Huge scale maps
    -Exciting gameplay
    -Actual point in snipers as maps are so huge
    -Amazing fun with friends
    -When the battle gets going IT GETS GOING

Negatives
    -There's no real tutorial, a friend of mine had to teach me the ropes
    -Gun prices are extortionate
    - Requires a beefy rig to run on anything more than medium
    - Gun balancing is poor, for example the Terran republic first sniper takes 3 body shots or 2 head shots. a new conglomerate sniper will kill in 1 clean body shot.
    - Hackers. They aren't there much but when they are you know about it.
    - On your own can get very boring.
  40. Mar 14, 2013
    Its Great. Would have scored 10 but hackers are ruining the fun. Join a clan and get involved. You need a beast of a PC to run it on max settings but looks amazing. There is a lot to learn but its worth the effort.
  41. Mar 13, 2013
    Others like me thought Battlefield 3 was amazing. The hug maps, huge lobbies. I thought nothing could get bigger. Then I saw Planetside 2. I never thought that SOE would make another Planetside. I was so excited for it, but the sad part was when I signed up for the beta I found out my PC could not run it so I was handing beta keys left and right. Then after the game fully launched was IOthers like me thought Battlefield 3 was amazing. The hug maps, huge lobbies. I thought nothing could get bigger. Then I saw Planetside 2. I never thought that SOE would make another Planetside. I was so excited for it, but the sad part was when I signed up for the beta I found out my PC could not run it so I was handing beta keys left and right. Then after the game fully launched was I able to get a new PC and the first game I downloaded was Planetside 2. Man oh man is it fun. It holds true to what PS1 had. The massive map (one base is about as large as a BF3 map and there are 3 continents a snow one, jungle one and a desert one), massive battles (you've got about 60 people attacking a smaller base while you can get 100s of people assaulting the main bases and another 100 defending it) and the best part. The game never ends. There are no rounds. The game is an on going battle and does not and never will end. The few problems with the game is the lack of a tutorial. It gives you a quick 30 second intro video with your factions music and announcer and then you're dropping down in a drop pod in the middle of a battle so it's best you join a clan. There are tons of clans recruiting through the forums and most if not all use Teamspeak, vent, or mumble. The in-game VOIP could use some working on but other wise it's decent. Over all the game is amazing once you start playing. Expand
  42. Mar 13, 2013
    If you are a CoD child, dont bother. You will die a lot, and will whine and cry, because you are used to no-skill tiny corridor shooters.

If you like larger size games, vehicle gameplay and tactics, this is the game for you. Children who are easily frustrated and think they are 'super leet' need not apply. Read the negative reviews here to see how idiotic you have to be to dislike the game. Basically every bad review is a butthurt 12 year old.
  43. Mar 11, 2013
    A Game that is interesting enough initially to make it easy to keep on playing, being free to play is important. The dollar cost of the pay to win model is pricey however, so I've gotten used to dying easy. I will say that once the developers put out a practice area to use all the weapons available so You can actually start being competent before you land in battle then a lot ofA Game that is interesting enough initially to make it easy to keep on playing, being free to play is important. The dollar cost of the pay to win model is pricey however, so I've gotten used to dying easy. I will say that once the developers put out a practice area to use all the weapons available so You can actually start being competent before you land in battle then a lot of complaints will be put off. I will continue playing this game until Firefall actually gets released. Expand
  44. Mar 10, 2013
    This game features many bugs, awful performance for mediocre graphics and animations, a poorly executed territory capturing system, and a complete lack of anything other than constant shallow combat. Instead of the intuitive certification system in the first game the developers decided to be super original and go with classes, none of which feel special whatsoever. Character progression isThis game features many bugs, awful performance for mediocre graphics and animations, a poorly executed territory capturing system, and a complete lack of anything other than constant shallow combat. Instead of the intuitive certification system in the first game the developers decided to be super original and go with classes, none of which feel special whatsoever. Character progression is more or less smooth with the only downside being micro-transactions for weapons and other non-cosmetics, although none of the weapons are over-powered and the game is QUITE balanced it's still not necessary for in game items to be quite so expensive. Nearly every balance issue annoyance in the game can be fixed by bringing back mechanics from it's successor. Expand
  45. Mar 9, 2013
    What a joke at the dumb reviewers saying this game is way better than any battlefield or any other fps game out there.. and giving this game a 10 out of 10. If you think a broken, bland, pointless, game like planetside 2 is better than any other mutliplayer shooter out there then you have either never played 1 single damn game besides this, are 10 years old, or you have the worst taste inWhat a joke at the dumb reviewers saying this game is way better than any battlefield or any other fps game out there.. and giving this game a 10 out of 10. If you think a broken, bland, pointless, game like planetside 2 is better than any other mutliplayer shooter out there then you have either never played 1 single damn game besides this, are 10 years old, or you have the worst taste in gaming that I have ever seen. About the game, all i can really say is, devs dont have the common sense to help out newbies so people get turned away from the game so less player base, and HOW can anyone say this is a better game than battlefield when all you do in this game is capture 1 base at a time with unbalanced classes and vehicles and you do nothing else.... at least in battlefield you can play many different game types, play with friends, better control of vehicles, more rewarding system, better scaling, just about everything is better in Battlefield besides the map is bigger in PS2.... BOOHOO Expand
  46. Mar 9, 2013
    The game is really fun but, but it is far from perfect.. It needs more ways to get into combat faster. I do understand that you can spawn vehicles, and being on big maps is part of the fun, seriously. The size isn't the problem. There also should be a variety of gametypes instead of going around and capturing bases. The level design is pretty good. The game is more fun IMO if you are onThe game is really fun but, but it is far from perfect.. It needs more ways to get into combat faster. I do understand that you can spawn vehicles, and being on big maps is part of the fun, seriously. The size isn't the problem. There also should be a variety of gametypes instead of going around and capturing bases. The level design is pretty good. The game is more fun IMO if you are on the losing side. You see enemies more frequent and it gets pretty fast paced when you charge out of your base and attack the enemy.

The shooting mechanics are excellent in PlanetSide 2. I wanted to give it an 8.5)

If I were to rate this on shotting mechanics, it would have a 9/10
  47. Mar 9, 2013
    I like this game a lot. You can have to 2000 players per game continent, which means 6000 players per server, can you beat that? It's always fun to engage in massive battles with hundreds of players on your side fighting off the opposing team while trying to capture their base. The only problems I have with this game is that collecting certs to purchase upgrades to a bit too long and thatI like this game a lot. You can have to 2000 players per game continent, which means 6000 players per server, can you beat that? It's always fun to engage in massive battles with hundreds of players on your side fighting off the opposing team while trying to capture their base. The only problems I have with this game is that collecting certs to purchase upgrades to a bit too long and that you need a fairly high end pc to play it properly. Overall, it's very recommended. Expand
  48. Mar 9, 2013
    My journey with this game started with frustration, I've installed game from Steam, wanted to fly, but joystick didn't work back then.. I came back few months later, and... everything worked great. I don't play a lot games, and I didn't play multi-player except for Starcraft 2 which was uber frustrating. But. after 80+ hours of play I can say that Planetside 2 is unique and very addictiveMy journey with this game started with frustration, I've installed game from Steam, wanted to fly, but joystick didn't work back then.. I came back few months later, and... everything worked great. I don't play a lot games, and I didn't play multi-player except for Starcraft 2 which was uber frustrating. But. after 80+ hours of play I can say that Planetside 2 is unique and very addictive With great number of classes, vehicles, tactics, and ways to develop your character gameplay is one of the best I've seen in my whole life. So, play, play, play and see you on the The Crown shouting "your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" Expand
  49. Mar 9, 2013
    Really loved this game when it first came out. The persistent world, the graphics and I found it ran smoothly. However, it felt repetitive, without a sense of finale. The gunplay doesn't match up to other FPS I enjoy. Also not a huge fan of the credit of monetization model. I did purchase some weapons to give some support to the devs and for free or however much you want to pay the game isReally loved this game when it first came out. The persistent world, the graphics and I found it ran smoothly. However, it felt repetitive, without a sense of finale. The gunplay doesn't match up to other FPS I enjoy. Also not a huge fan of the credit of monetization model. I did purchase some weapons to give some support to the devs and for free or however much you want to pay the game is great value. Expand
  50. Mar 8, 2013
    I am an original Tech Tester from wave 1. I have seen a LOT of improvements, overall the game is moving in the right direction all be it very slowly. I can't help but feel this is still in Beta, there's a LOT of major features that should have launched with the game. As of right now Planetside 2 is simply an enjoyable FPS and the promised massive emersive metagame is non existant. Some ofI am an original Tech Tester from wave 1. I have seen a LOT of improvements, overall the game is moving in the right direction all be it very slowly. I can't help but feel this is still in Beta, there's a LOT of major features that should have launched with the game. As of right now Planetside 2 is simply an enjoyable FPS and the promised massive emersive metagame is non existant. Some of my biggest gripes are uncapturable warpgates, bases that can be back capped by 1 or 2 people, the ability for anyone to pilot any vehicle at any time (No vehicle certs are required), The total lack of an actual front line, Cutting off enemy the enemy gives no real benefits. No inventory system, no way of picking up enemy equipment off of dead soliders, no way of hacking or capping enemy vehicles. So the entire "Immersive metagame" is missing. It's not all bad, the scale of the battles are incredible, but again, with no metagame it still feels like battlefield. You could spend a solid 1-2 hours fighting over a territory and once capped you move on pushing deeper into enemy territory... 20 minutes later you open your map only to find that 2 or 3 enemy troops were able to ghost cap all that hard work you've done because nobody is interested in chasing 3 rogue soldiers all over the map at abondoned zones. So what took you and 100 of your buddies 2 hours of hard fighting takes them 3 men and 10 minutes. Wheres the metagame in that? where's the feeling of a lasting victory? However dispite its glaring flaws, PS2 is still a very enjoyable game if played simply as a FPS. If you're looking for any kind of grand strategy you will only get frustrated and disappointed
    Hopefully SOE will change that and fast, because people like me are simply starting to lose interest in the same grind.
  51. Mar 7, 2013
    This is nothing more than a laggy spawn camp. Really not worth the time to bother downloading it. Go play just about any other shooter for a better experience.
  52. Mar 7, 2013
    At times Planetside 2 feels like the best game I've played in a long time, but then all the little and not always so little things kick sand in my eyes reminding me why I also sometimes hate the damned game so much. I've been playing PS2 since closed beta.

People who like combined arms tactics and large fights with infantry, vehicles and air will most likely like this game if there computers can handle the stress, that said PS2 is not a light game, to run the game properly with high settings in all fights even those ~2000 player ones at 30fps or more, you'll need a proper i5/i7 system coupled with a descent graphics card HD7xxx series or GTX6xx series.

Being a MMOFPS it means the game is in a constant state of development, more content is being added, old content revamped redone. Stuff removed, or just plain moved around, stats tweaked. Weapons nerfed, others boosted, and so on. This is the stuff that might annoy the non MMO crowd who came for the FPS part and who might not be used to stuff being in a constant state of flux.

Each update adds, stuff, changes stuff and fixes bugs, adds new ones, changes old bugs into new ones, etc. So yea be in a MMO mindset and don't expect stuff to be ever constant and you might enjoy the game a lot. And as always in MMO's the community/players are the true content of the game, no NPC fights (yet) in the game so everyone and every vehicle you fight is another human being somewhere on the globe.
  53. Mar 6, 2013
    At first glance, Planetside 2 looks like what FPS fans would describe as a perfect FPS. Heaps of guns, huge maps, people running everywhere, vehicles and just generally massive scale warfare. Sadly, it is far from it, it could have been, but isn't. Planetside 2 is a game plagued with bugs that haven't been fixed, pay to win business model, especially when it comes to vehicles, optimizationAt first glance, Planetside 2 looks like what FPS fans would describe as a perfect FPS. Heaps of guns, huge maps, people running everywhere, vehicles and just generally massive scale warfare. Sadly, it is far from it, it could have been, but isn't. Planetside 2 is a game plagued with bugs that haven't been fixed, pay to win business model, especially when it comes to vehicles, optimization easily the worst I have ever seen (20-30 fps on my high end machine with every setting on dead low), disgusting textures (1997ish textures on low, impossible to play it higher), hackers everywhere with no solid attempt to overcome them (even though it is impossible to get rid of them in a F2P shooter so why bother i guess), awfully confusing UI, so bad that it actually causes performance issues, horrifically slow progression (after playing 70 hours I have unlocked 1 weapon which is the cheapest ones). Balance is pretty bad, players will never be able to be a pilot without spending money to unlock the must have items for the aircraft, and tanks can be improved as the default machine gun that most of the vehicles have are god awful. The price of the items are ridiculous, as usual with all free to play games, $15 subscriptions basically get you nothing and guns are like $7-10 dollars. Seriously, has any company actually tried selling their products at an acceptable price? Perhaps they would be more successful if they catered to people who aren't rich or have no sense of value with currency.

Planetside 2 could have easily been that amazing MMO-FPS game that fans are really wanting, but with all these horrible issues that still haven't been fixed, or even improved upon after I returned to playing Planetside 2, I am quite skeptical that this game will ever be worth your time.
  54. Mar 5, 2013
    Great game. Has some issues including cluttered visuals, latency issue, and some player distribution trouble between areas of the map. These are minor complaints in my eyes though. Over all you can always find a good fight if you look hard enough. It is easy to learn, looks great, and isn't a grind Wow clone. What more do you want from an MMO.
  55. Mar 5, 2013
    Pointlessly overcomplicated Noob killing fest. Let's start, that my experience on online shooters ranges from the early-early Desert Combat games, all the way to BF3. I'm not really into the MMORPG, but for this review, doesn't need any.
    So, let's start with the positives. I like the idea. I like the ambitious effort and pushing the envelope to make online shooters progress to new, uncharted territories. I like the idea of giant battlefields and mixture of doing different things at once. I also like the seems to be endless upgrades and making the players progress somewhere, let that be new weapons, outfits, vehicles and higher ranks. All these are all present but a diamond in a rough form in Planetside 2. Here comes my rant. I can understand the fact, that after a while everyone gets a grip of what is going on and how to read the map and figure out how to upgrade etc. But I'm afraid, it may be too late by then, since the immediate impression will turn off many, before they would start become interesting. Lacking any tutorials, or perhaps off-line maps with bots would help a lot. Almost all games we play including shooters- has some sort of an introduction into the mechanics and/or a walk through in real-time (not youtube videos!) In other words The game is making every newbie UNWELCOME. 1. Sign up; choose your passwords; pick a class; pick a side
    2. Get dropped into the battlezone and get shot dead.
    3. Try different things; run around the map; be confused about many things, get shot dead within a few minutes. 4. Rinse and repeat step 2 and 3 for a while. ...
    Problems right off from the first impression: I. The mini map is utterly confusing and pointlessly over complicated to a point, where it isn't even functioning as a map. Congested and displaying all sorts of stuff not really useful, or just simply too much. I'm not sure if it can be customized or not, I haven't found the option yet, which I would assume most newbie neither. II. The whole design of the large deployment map. I'm trying to figure out, if there are any differences between the middle; the corners and between, regarding what buildings/terrain/objectives variations there are, but after 9-10 hours of gameplay, it all looks like a photoshop pattern of basically repeating features and buildings. Actually, giving in a thought, they could have used 1/4 of the size of the maps, since it doesn't really matter when you get dropped into the fight zone, you know exactly what buildings you gonna find and you just gonna follow to find the power generators and the capture points. There isn't a memorable location, since you won't be able to memorize much, but you will know exactly what is what. III. Upgrades. There seems to be unlimited number of upgrades, but they all seem to be unreachable for those, who doesn't want to spend a bucket load of money. I leave that right there.
    IV. Balance. Many game in similar category gives the players the chance to familiarize themselves with the game, so they usually give the option of servers, based on experience level. We could have novice, intermediate and pro servers, just for this purpose. They could have made the game, that a newbie could enjoy a pro-server, but count on being the cannon fodder, but perhaps reward his bravery by making him gain exp. points faster, than on a noob server. Same deal in reverse. Pro player joining with high hopes of mass murdering the noobs, would end up not gaining much, perhaps revoke their super-duper maxed out equipment and make them fight with the basic given weapon and outfit. Or perhaps "ship" the pro players to a new planet or continent, where they face off similar high-level pro players. But no. Instead pro players seem to be mass-r.ping the newbies to gain more exp. points. Basically the game rewards those, who rather play like bullies, while leaving the newcomer in the dust. It may sound fun, if you got the equipment, but eventually it will destroy the game on the long run. Why? Because new people won't be joining, and old pro-players may just move on to whatever newer game come out in the near future. Eventually the servers will be abandoned to a point, where you gonna have these giant maps and only 10-20 people playing instead of 100. V. No real rewards. Weapons, outfits, masks, optics, extra ammo all sounds great, but what's the point? You gonna be doing the same thing with them over and over! What happened to rewards given to teams? Or what about giving rewards for platoons and factions, who conquered half of the map? What's good about having 3/4 of the map conquered compared to only half or 1/4 of it? Nothing. There should be team/platoon/squad based experiences given. How about a tactical nuke, or ability to call in airstrikes, indirect/direct artillery or orbital strike? Just some ideas. As of right now, this game is still just a newbie-hostile beta test, with missing objectives and limited real feel of progress.
  56. Xel
    Mar 5, 2013
    This needs to be made clear to everyone up front, this game is not a solo COD style of FPS... if you want infantry based COD go play COD otherwise welcome to Planetside were massive ground and air vehicle battles take place that require team work and communication. This is a MMOFPS that like practically EVERY MMO out there will require to your grind your character's weapons and upgrades.This needs to be made clear to everyone up front, this game is not a solo COD style of FPS... if you want infantry based COD go play COD otherwise welcome to Planetside were massive ground and air vehicle battles take place that require team work and communication. This is a MMOFPS that like practically EVERY MMO out there will require to your grind your character's weapons and upgrades. If you don't want to do that don't play it. It is clearly not pay to win as the less informed seem to write since everyone cane unlock the exact same weapons. It is pay to not grind. Game updates and patches are being released on a weekly basis to fix issues and add content on a regular basis. This game is also played on a large scale with lots of vehicles, team play and coordination if you are not interested in those things you are going to have a bad time (like I said if you want solo COD style of play this game is not for you). Expand
  57. Mar 3, 2013
    If you like being frustrated and annoyed, play this game. If your sadomasochistic, spend money on this game. What I find most frustrating is the huge potential of this game, SOE just doesn't have what it takes to make this game into what it could have been, it's a shame really. I have been playing and waiting for it to deliver since the game first came out, but I have given up on PS2 and SOE.
  58. Mar 3, 2013
    Sadly my review will mostly echo the main criticisms I've seen on here of the game. The learning curve is relatively steep, and though you won't generally get endlessly flamed by your teammates (one individual's failure, on average, can be a drop in the bucket given the sheer scale of combat in the game), unless you are EXTREMELY dedicated and or very very good, don't expect to beSadly my review will mostly echo the main criticisms I've seen on here of the game. The learning curve is relatively steep, and though you won't generally get endlessly flamed by your teammates (one individual's failure, on average, can be a drop in the bucket given the sheer scale of combat in the game), unless you are EXTREMELY dedicated and or very very good, don't expect to be upgrading your character's certs with any sort of regularity without dropping some cash on the game. I had some extra Station Cash from my EQ2 F2p days and dropped them on some starting guns, but even that small initially boost was not enough to alleviate the utter curbstompering I experienced at the hands of the most modestly geared opponents. Add to that the insanely high system reqs (to be expected when there's a couple hundred people in one warzone), and you have a very frustrating gaming experience with very, very little payout in terms of seeing your "character" progress. Expand
  59. Mar 3, 2013
    This is the dream shooter if you're a certain type of player. It fulfills the promise of Battlefield 2. Remember squad based com and objectives setting? Remember driving to the front in a variety of vehicles while planning strategy? And large scale? This game does all these things, and better. Communication, team strategy, opening up new flanks with mobile spawn points, a flanker class,This is the dream shooter if you're a certain type of player. It fulfills the promise of Battlefield 2. Remember squad based com and objectives setting? Remember driving to the front in a variety of vehicles while planning strategy? And large scale? This game does all these things, and better. Communication, team strategy, opening up new flanks with mobile spawn points, a flanker class, combined arms, a map with strategic features that lives and changes, coordination in a small squad up to a platoon of 48 or several platoons, ...in short team strategy and tactics in large scale shooter! What's more, they got the pay to play (not pay to win) model right and the development model is a thing of beauty. Here we have devs playing all over the game, in clans (or 'outfits'), broadcasting and generally dialoguing with the players all the time. Rich community. They have a roadmap where players set dev objectives. They iterate and patch nearly at the level of a League of Legends. And all in discourse with the players. Heck, there are many continents to come.

Other stuff: sniping as a real thing (not strictly CoD style twitch sniping), stealth against real human beings, vehicles (tanks, atv's, fighters, gun ships and transports), emergent story up the wazoo, whole swathes of the game that emphasizes priorities other than twitch shooting (egs. leading w teamwork/objectives, hacking systems, healing, repairing, spotting...) There is much to dig into and learn to up your game. This is a great, great shooter. It's f-in' free. Check it.
  60. Feb 26, 2013
    Gonna go ahead and give this game a 10. I've never given anything a 10. Ocarina of time? Nah, that deserved a 9.5 at most. World of Warcraft? maybe a 7 for effort but Planetside 2 delivers on nearly every concept I've wanted in a video game since I've started playing them nearly 20 years ago. I've played 80+ hours of this game since the start of February... and I'm not the type to playGonna go ahead and give this game a 10. I've never given anything a 10. Ocarina of time? Nah, that deserved a 9.5 at most. World of Warcraft? maybe a 7 for effort but Planetside 2 delivers on nearly every concept I've wanted in a video game since I've started playing them nearly 20 years ago. I've played 80+ hours of this game since the start of February... and I'm not the type to play games that much. It's seriously scary how addictive this game can be.

For those who dislike this game upon first play, Planetside 2 gives you as much as you put into it. You can't really just "jump in" unfortunately you've got to give it time, look up videos for newbs, and learn the basics. If you're a leading type, this game is for you. You can head your own platoons against the enemy forces using Air, Land vehicles, and Infantry forces all with a wide assortment of specialized weaponry and abilities. It's truly amazing how much variation there can be between players. Communication is key to winning and gathering large groups for organized assaults. If you're not much for talking to other people online, you're going to have a hard time having fun with planetside 2.
  61. Feb 24, 2013
    Never played a first person shooter to this extent, with team work that comes into play, which makes this great. A lot of different ways to play the game, but its not as fun if your not in an outfit or team with friends. IT IS VERY DEMANDING, in terms of the amount of time it takes to earn enough points to get a new gear, but keep in mind its possible and unlockable, except for cosmeticsNever played a first person shooter to this extent, with team work that comes into play, which makes this great. A lot of different ways to play the game, but its not as fun if your not in an outfit or team with friends. IT IS VERY DEMANDING, in terms of the amount of time it takes to earn enough points to get a new gear, but keep in mind its possible and unlockable, except for cosmetics which you need to pay. I've played MANY hours then i did with any game. ONLY negatives i like to bring out is that the game feels like a BETA, still a lot of bugs and aren't managed well. Playing this game on high or ultra graphics look outstanding with the amount of players this game holds though. Just keep in mind, MOST of the people complaining are the ones that refuse to pay a dime. Although i do agree if you dont have much time, then it can perhaps get frustrating not having what others already have. Overall though, very great game, just give it sometime, afterall its free. Expand
  62. Feb 22, 2013
    Most of the people that gave this game a poor score have not a PC that manages to run it properly. This is a fact. You need a high-end machine to appreciate this awesome MMOFPS to whom I can't find any real lack, a part a bit of lacking content. Its gameplay is fun and immersive and it just needs more development. Since it is fullt free to play I cannot give it anything less than a top score.
  63. Feb 22, 2013
    A brilliant game at it's core with potential unlike any other. But as with all games, they're only as good as their worst. In Planetside 2's case, this is the controls, gun accuracy, SoE's illegal billing department, laughable iron crosshairs that miss like the gun of your barrel is bent, abundant vehicle HP and overall balance between the three different factions. As it was with P1,A brilliant game at it's core with potential unlike any other. But as with all games, they're only as good as their worst. In Planetside 2's case, this is the controls, gun accuracy, SoE's illegal billing department, laughable iron crosshairs that miss like the gun of your barrel is bent, abundant vehicle HP and overall balance between the three different factions. As it was with P1, Terran is still the most overplayed faction to date with no xp consequences, allowing the one with an advantage achieve even greater boosts through zerging tactics. But one of the flaws that stands out the most to me is the Terran guns. All of them have an insane rate of fire which either brings out two frequent scenarios: 1. Your gun shoots so fast to the point that the server cannot keep up and 2-4 of your bullets will not be affected by the initial recoil, leaving a gun that would normally not be able to hit anything past 3 yards suddenly gain the accuracy of a sniper rifle. Or. 2. Your gun shoots so fast that the proper amount of bullets is either increased or lessened, often with a rubber-band effect, causing a yoyo effect in one's DPS. Stack these along with the constant overall lag with hitboxes and hackers (which is to be expected in a game such as PS2) and your shooting experience will be ruined most of the time. Going back to balancement, in the beta, MAX units could effectively take down aircrafts with dual AA gun attachments if they came too close or didn't spontaneously move. What did they do to resort this? Remove the weapon completely from the entire beta, relaunch a 80% hamstered version into the release and only allow 1 per arm which you'll now have to purchase for an insane amount of in-game money. All because of a whining community on the forums, crying that their ultralight scouting airplane got shot down as it was flying a few meters above enemy towers. The situation is currently much the same, Sunderers for example, a transport/spawn vehicle require roughly 6-8 rocketlauncher hits before dying and it has no weakspots, be it rear or flank. A heavy assault unit can only carry 4-5 rockets at a time (with upgrades which also require you to pay for) which means if you happen to run into an enemy Sunderer, you will not be able to take it down without an ammo-refill, even with no opposition. The game is poorly thought through&executed and even more poorly managed. Even so I hope one day they will actually confront these issues and iron them out, not just leave them to fester like in P1 but alas, SoE has not gained the reputation of being massive incompetent cu nts for nothing. R.I.P, PS2. Expand
  64. Feb 21, 2013
    An absolutely great game, that still has its problems. Weapons cost incredibly much, damage of standard weapons are ridiculously low, way too much snipers, population issues on servers and performance problems. BUT the devs put a lot of effort into working together with the players and every update increases the game experience a lot. When all issues will be removed (and I believe in theAn absolutely great game, that still has its problems. Weapons cost incredibly much, damage of standard weapons are ridiculously low, way too much snipers, population issues on servers and performance problems. BUT the devs put a lot of effort into working together with the players and every update increases the game experience a lot. When all issues will be removed (and I believe in the game to get there) it'll definitely be a 10/10. Expand
  65. Feb 19, 2013
    Instructions: none. Tutorial: none. Upgrades after 4 hours of gameplay unnoticeable. Constant prompting to buy cert points via cash shop: annoying. Hacks: prominent. Maps poorly designed: windows everywhere in buildings. Support classes: easy targets. Spawn in middle of rocket blast: instantly dead. So many glaring issues: will not pay to play.
  66. Viy
    Feb 19, 2013
    This game is free to play as a spectator, If you want to help your team or be anything other than cannon fodder then you have to spend money. I was looking for a game to play that I wouldn't mind paying some money for a couple extras, but, being defenseless and building my char around my credit card, terrible.
  67. Feb 18, 2013
    i writed a long page but managed to delet it :(
    i writed a long page but managed to delet it :(
    but this is the best online multiplayer shooter mmo coop game in all time and its F2P. and no its not a P2W cuz you start with one of the best weapons! have never felt like "oh my god i die cuz they had bether gun" thats just and you cant buy sights for you weapon or uppgrades to your char with SC youneed to earn it ingame. this gets 98/100 it could be easier to get the in game cash, But SOE said they will make it easier. So 100/100 if they fix that! You got every thing to win if you try this out!
  68. Feb 18, 2013
    I just dont understand why someone would give this a negative rating, besides being mad because their pc cant run the game half-decently or because they're jealous cod players.
  69. Feb 17, 2013
    If you have a good gaming PC that can handle the rendering of hundreds of players and like shooters like Battlefield 3 you owe yourself to play this game. I am completely 100% addicted to it and thing this game is a one of a kind experience.
  70. Feb 17, 2013
    Free to play? lol. More like free to hack. Have fun spending $50+ dollars on items that are bound to a single character to get you your competitive edge, only to have a hacker spawn kill you for 10 minutes. This game is the most overrated game I have ever had the displeasure of playing. There are no active GMs, there is no anti-cheat detection. The only method SOE uses is reports fromFree to play? lol. More like free to hack. Have fun spending $50+ dollars on items that are bound to a single character to get you your competitive edge, only to have a hacker spawn kill you for 10 minutes. This game is the most overrated game I have ever had the displeasure of playing. There are no active GMs, there is no anti-cheat detection. The only method SOE uses is reports from players followed by stats tracking. Sometimes it will take days to ban a hacker. Oh, but the game is FTP so what is stopping the banned hacker from just creating a new account? Nothing. Expand
  71. Feb 16, 2013
    Planetside 2's concept with massive battles, multiply platoons of soldiers running head to head, is a fantastic idea. No game today does these kind of things, and it's free, so why do so many people seem to dislike it? First of all, the bugs. Game series's like CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. They are all games with a low amount f bugs, they are also kind of similar, People then assume thisPlanetside 2's concept with massive battles, multiply platoons of soldiers running head to head, is a fantastic idea. No game today does these kind of things, and it's free, so why do so many people seem to dislike it? First of all, the bugs. Game series's like CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. They are all games with a low amount f bugs, they are also kind of similar, People then assume this game, with also is a fps, have the same amount of bugs or lower than the other games. But planetside 2 is much larger and much more difficult to make bug free as the other games so of course there will be bugs. You could the say that the release was to early. Bugs is far from the biggest problem in planetside 2, there are only one gamebreaking bug (which seems to be fixed now) and that was your screen randomly flashing white for a long time. The biggest problem with the game are the gameplay, which i often just one big kill farm (they are working on this, the last patch made some great changes with this). And this game is FAR from pay2win, you can get everything that is gameplay changing with in game currency, and the stock weapons are perfectly fine, if you don't want to use the stock weapons until you got enough in game currency, then you buy a weapon with real money, but those weapons are just sidegrates really. This game i worth a try, and are always evolving, just remember P2W are not any real issues, and the bugs are far from gamebreaking. I could be talking about all the good things about this game all day, but i don't have anymore time. See you on the battlefield. Expand
  72. Feb 16, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a really good simulation of a massive multiplayer war that just never ends although there are some things that do need fixing. The first major issue is the lack of a tutorial, it's just a 2-3 minute video and then the game just drops you right in the middle of the fight before you can change any of your settings for try to figure out what's happening. Second issue is thatPlanetside 2 is a really good simulation of a massive multiplayer war that just never ends although there are some things that do need fixing. The first major issue is the lack of a tutorial, it's just a 2-3 minute video and then the game just drops you right in the middle of the fight before you can change any of your settings for try to figure out what's happening. Second issue is that you unlock certification points really slowly and it's pretty much pay to win. But the gameplay makes up for all of the games flaws. Planetside 2 is worth playing and it's absolutely free. 8/10 Expand
  73. Feb 15, 2013
    Completely fantastic and satisfying experience. In FPS games I tend to die a lot. My kill/death ratio is most often near the bottom or smack dab in last place usually. Planetside 2 manages to not make me feel bad about that fact. It's about the team, the push, the rush and every death you experience feels like a few feet gained for your team towards whatever the goal is. Feeling likeCompletely fantastic and satisfying experience. In FPS games I tend to die a lot. My kill/death ratio is most often near the bottom or smack dab in last place usually. Planetside 2 manages to not make me feel bad about that fact. It's about the team, the push, the rush and every death you experience feels like a few feet gained for your team towards whatever the goal is. Feeling like a contributor is what sets this game apart and keeps me sitting there for hours at a time hooting and cheering at the screen when a ship comes tumbling out of the sky in flaming pieces. Great fun. Expand
  74. Feb 15, 2013
    I would like this game. If it wasn't so much pay to win. Say, you want a gun so you play for 5 hours straight and then you get it (only if you play good) BUT if you have the money, you buy expensive credits and get the gun instantly. Game should be called Pay 2 Winside 2
  75. Feb 15, 2013
    The good... Maps are amazing, sound is great, grafics are good for a game of this scale, it's free. The bad... bugs, no in-game tutorials, hard learning curve, pay-to-win. And more importantly... you fight for nothing. The last point is what annoys me the most about this game. I would have given it a good 8 or even 9, but i have to be honest. You virtually fight for nothing. The continentThe good... Maps are amazing, sound is great, grafics are good for a game of this scale, it's free. The bad... bugs, no in-game tutorials, hard learning curve, pay-to-win. And more importantly... you fight for nothing. The last point is what annoys me the most about this game. I would have given it a good 8 or even 9, but i have to be honest. You virtually fight for nothing. The continent is persistent and each faction has a safe zone near their gate that cannot be conquered. This means that no empire can trully conquer a continent, and thus you have no solid goals in this game. You managed to expend the control of your empire on the continent? Pointless, log-in the next day and you'll need to conquer them again. Over and over and over... This is a big flaw in my opinion. But if you don't mind killing stuff for no reason, this game is just for you. Dust 514 is more promissing i think. Sure it has a smaller scale, it's on the PS3 only, grafics are good but not on par with PS2. BUT... you fight for something, what you do has consequences. And that alone my friends makes Dust a much better game. Expand
  76. Feb 14, 2013
    Planetside 2 is one of the more enjoyable multiplayer FPS games I have spent time in. Better than Blackops 2 in many respects. The combat is solid and I feel competitive even against veteran players. I do die a lot, but I get killed repeatedly in every FPS game I play. The land mass is huge and I have a lot of fun flying, riding vehicles, or just running between capture points. The gamePlanetside 2 is one of the more enjoyable multiplayer FPS games I have spent time in. Better than Blackops 2 in many respects. The combat is solid and I feel competitive even against veteran players. I do die a lot, but I get killed repeatedly in every FPS game I play. The land mass is huge and I have a lot of fun flying, riding vehicles, or just running between capture points. The game excels when a epic battle occurs. I have had some spectacular battle scenes containing seemingly hundreds of people fighting to capture a point. Of course, there are flaws. You die fast and it can take a significant amount of time to level. However, the negatives are very similar to those in Blackops or Modern Warfare in general (fast death, re-spawns, lack of real objective other than leveling, unlocks can take a lot of patience). The game has a cash shop which is a plus and a minus (you can get just about everything free if you are patient enough). I liked the game enough to purchase in game currency for a few appearance items, and a experience buff. Overall, I think the huge world, vehicles, and large scale multiplayer set the game apart from the competition. Expand
  77. Feb 14, 2013
    Downloaded the game today, HOLY it was awesome, massive battles, air, sea, land everything!, this game is like a dream, it's so epic, it's what games should be like. AND FOR FREE!!!
  78. Feb 14, 2013
    I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Anyone who rated this below a seven simply didn't bother to put the time into it. It badly needs a tutorial, which is why this didn't hit a perfect ten, but for chrissakes, PLAY a game before you damn it. Besides, there are tutorial vids that it shoves in your face in the gorram launcher but hell, I've been playing since before those, and it onlyI'm going to keep this short and sweet. Anyone who rated this below a seven simply didn't bother to put the time into it. It badly needs a tutorial, which is why this didn't hit a perfect ten, but for chrissakes, PLAY a game before you damn it. Besides, there are tutorial vids that it shoves in your face in the gorram launcher but hell, I've been playing since before those, and it only took me about a half hour to figure everything out. Stop pissing yourselves and wrecking the score on an awesome game. Out. Expand
  79. Feb 13, 2013
    The cheaters are out of control. The game is pretty boring. Every battle not at The Crown ends up being the more populated faction spawn room camping the less populated faction. There is little to no metagame. There is no reason to really play this game for more than a week or two. I like to call this a FTP throwaway game. Try it, toss it, go onto the next FTP game.
  80. Feb 11, 2013
    Decent game for a Free FPS.

The good:
    FREE
    Decent class balance
    Small and large battle can be really fun
    Tactics and team work over brute force. (for the most part)

The bad:
    A little on the slow side.
    learning curve for new players (go watch a bunch of youtube vids before starting)
  81. Feb 11, 2013
    This game, Planetside 2 is hands down the best free to play game I have ever played. It is an amazingly huge game with astonishingly large landmasses and varied lands and environments to wage all out intense, thrilling, and immersing war in. You can play as one of three factions all with their own quirks. The game play has a lot of depth, and it may take a while to get used to. You canThis game, Planetside 2 is hands down the best free to play game I have ever played. It is an amazingly huge game with astonishingly large landmasses and varied lands and environments to wage all out intense, thrilling, and immersing war in. You can play as one of three factions all with their own quirks. The game play has a lot of depth, and it may take a while to get used to. You can take control of many different kinds of vehicles. From light and agile air crafts to strong and bulky tanks. There are three continents you will wage war over, with a total of two thousand soldiers on a server. There are no matches or loading screens, how power fluctuates is dependent on how well your team fights. Oh, did I mention the graphics for this game are simply amazing? If you're skeptical, you should just download and try this gem. It is free to play so you have nothing to lose. Beware of the learning curve though. The game takes getting used to, so I suggest looking up some tutorials on Youtube. Expand
  82. Feb 11, 2013
    Bad: Buggy, hackers, counter intuitive if you've played a lot of FPS games, over hyped, terrible hit registry, waste of time, download speeds are terrible.
    Good: it's free, it's good for pointing out BF3's failings, might be passable if you social life purely exists online.
  83. Feb 10, 2013
    Countless bugs, almost no friend/foe ID unless you mouse over for 5 seconds, so by that time, if it was a foe, you are dead. Also, you die in 3 hits unless your armor is built up. Another free to play, free to die, pay to win, pay to survive game. Don't waste your time on this one.
  84. Feb 8, 2013
    Great MMOFPS. It requires team-play and concentration. Although it has solid graphics, there are way to many bugs. Shooting, sound, the ideas and the maps are great. This game is Pay2Win that sucks But, you don't have to pay a dime to be pro at it.
  85. Feb 8, 2013
    I played the original Ps1 for many hours and found this game to be very enjoyable. PS2 doesn’t yet quite live up to the standards I had hoped for the sequel, its just a core game at the moment with all the extra parts needed in the metagame missing. However this is a rolling development game with developers taking on board players preferences and they have a monthly plan for updates. A lotI played the original Ps1 for many hours and found this game to be very enjoyable. PS2 doesn’t yet quite live up to the standards I had hoped for the sequel, its just a core game at the moment with all the extra parts needed in the metagame missing. However this is a rolling development game with developers taking on board players preferences and they have a monthly plan for updates. A lot more to be added within 6months.

It's a steep learning curve, expect to die a lot and be adaptable or you will find yourself frustrated! Not everything is just handed to you on a plate like other mindless FPS games and you will need to team up with an outfit to get the most from this game.

The game requires a good PC preferably using an I5 Nvida 560ti and above min for medium/high settings.

Once you take part in some of the larger 3 way battles between factions, it’s hard to stop playing it becomes addictive you actually feel immersed in the combat.
  86. Feb 8, 2013
    MMO/FPS Planetside gets you in never ending war between three factions. You must choose your factioand server n in the begining and you cant swich sides as you could i Battlefield. Game is free to play, which means oh yes you guess it, mictrotransactions. This game is simply pay to win, sometimes less, sometimes more but you have to accept it. Your character gains experience for killing,MMO/FPS Planetside gets you in never ending war between three factions. You must choose your factioand server n in the begining and you cant swich sides as you could i Battlefield. Game is free to play, which means oh yes you guess it, mictrotransactions. This game is simply pay to win, sometimes less, sometimes more but you have to accept it. Your character gains experience for killing, capturing bases, assist kills, healing, repairing etc. With experience you level up and gain certification points that unlocks you better abilities (better armor, more ammo, grenades, faster repair etc). But you will gain them pretty slowly, you will spend alot of time with basic equpment (if you dont want to buy them for and you will be crushed by players who does spend Your player skill means nothing when you meet enemy with top-notch equipment, he will hammers you with his worth equipment. If you are tough and endure this, you can offcourse get the same equipment without spending but it will be a realy hard work when you will spend more time on the deploy map when in the game. This counts not only for infantry, but also for aircraft and tanks. There are squads you can join, but mostly not cooperating together, or you can join a guild its called outfit here) But you have to be lucky that first thing you ever hear from your outfit leader wont be "spend some god damn dollars on equipment or go away" But the game itself is solid, often patched, player base is strong, servers are stable, atmosphere of the battle is awesome, graphics is awesome so the game is silod experince for every FPS player. Expand
  87. Feb 7, 2013
    The negative reviews I'm seeing are quite agitating, because most of them are negative reviews about those people sucking at the game. It's not the games fault you suck at an FPS. Just sayin'. The learning curve, is being fixed, they are creating a tutorial area, if you took the time to read the forums instead of complaining, you'd know that. This game, is unlike any other. I mean that,The negative reviews I'm seeing are quite agitating, because most of them are negative reviews about those people sucking at the game. It's not the games fault you suck at an FPS. Just sayin'. The learning curve, is being fixed, they are creating a tutorial area, if you took the time to read the forums instead of complaining, you'd know that. This game, is unlike any other. I mean that, there simply is NO game like this one. I have yet to run into any serious glitches that made game-play debilitating, the worst ones I saw were in Beta, but they weren't even that bad. You could get into other teams warpgates, but by that time players were invincible in warpgates. So no harm done. I'm able to play this game on max settings with a decent FPS on a laptop, fairly impressive if I may say so. Now, on another note, the developers, have done nothing but RESPOND to the community, and give them EXACTLY what they want. Seriously. They go through the popular threads, and see what people want, and give them that. How bad can a game be if that's what the devs are doing? I have no lag issues. Bugs that are discovered by others are usually fixed right away. Servers go down at a reasonable time to do so. People keep saying this is like any other FPS, class wise. Which honestly, no, it's not. The certification system is pretty unique. And what really makes this game unique, is the actual point of the game. Massive battles. And by massive I mean massive. Hundreds of players, three factions, fighting at one place. Those are the battles that make your heart pound and get you all excited. It creates this in-depth atmosphere personified by your brethren all around you, and allows for this truly unique combat experience. The game, isn't that complicated. A circle with a vehicle in it pops up on your screen when you're in a base, go to the vehicle, that's where you get vehicles. My pet monkey could figure this out. It's truly not this complicated. It's sad to see the new gaming generation. You know, it's normal in most games to have a learning curve, for it to take a few times of playing to understand. Not everything is Call of Duty, extremely linear and simple. I mean come on. Expand
  88. Feb 5, 2013
    There are some great things about Planetside 2. For one, it's free. A very large game with a lot to potentially do, it has the makings of a great game. The problems though tend to outweigh the good parts. From the very first day, this game was essentially pay-to-win. All equipment upgrades in the game take an insanely long time to grind out enough certs to purchase, but you can spendThere are some great things about Planetside 2. For one, it's free. A very large game with a lot to potentially do, it has the makings of a great game. The problems though tend to outweigh the good parts. From the very first day, this game was essentially pay-to-win. All equipment upgrades in the game take an insanely long time to grind out enough certs to purchase, but you can spend $10-$20 and get the best possible weapon or other upgrade for any given class. This means that if you *aren't* paying to play, you're at a massive disadvantage. The other problem is that it takes place on a persistent world environment. While this seems like a great idea, you can't help but feel a sense of nihilism as you never actually gain anything from capturing an area (because tomorrow when you log on, you'll just have to conquer the same area again.) Essentially, uneven progression and a lack of any discernible goals make what could have been a great game into a "meh" kind of situation. Worth a try (you won't lose anything except some time) but don't get too excited. Expand
  89. Feb 4, 2013
    This game has a great premise, but unless you wanna shell out money in the cash shop, you'll never get anywhere... I'm all for pay2play, but not pay2win. Plus, getting team killed by frustrated beginners or douchey vets its a pain in the ass; and don't even get me started on the lag... It's not horrible... but it feels like a game thats still in beta.
  90. Feb 4, 2013
    If you have someone to play this with or a group of people than its one of the most enjoyable games, however if your caught alone game-play gets a bit repetitive. On a side note there's no real tutorial or way to learn the game, unless you have a friend that plays it. It basically forces you to use vehicles outside the bases because of all the tanks that normally roam around.
  91. Feb 4, 2013
    Don't be fooled by the people that ragequit from this game because they only played 10 minutes. I will admit this game has bugs, and in your first few hours you will be a little overwhelmed. But as long as you bring a friend with you that already knows the game, then you will be fine. In the last update bugs sprouted like crazy, but within a day, SOE (the creators) Fixed most of them, andDon't be fooled by the people that ragequit from this game because they only played 10 minutes. I will admit this game has bugs, and in your first few hours you will be a little overwhelmed. But as long as you bring a friend with you that already knows the game, then you will be fine. In the last update bugs sprouted like crazy, but within a day, SOE (the creators) Fixed most of them, and made the game normal once again. There are a huge amount of players in every server, so most of the time, you may be fighting a losing battle, if you are, simply retreat, or go to another continent until it cools down. Most of the bad reviews here are from a few weeks to a month after the game was released, and most, if not all of the bugs they are speaking of have all been patched. The graphics are really good for a MMOFPS F2P game, and can be turned down if needed. Teamwork is a must in this game, so the first thing you NEED to do is join a squad, or outfit. The game is greatly more fun when your playing with other people, and most people don't understand that. Next up is that the developers have now implemented their new "roadmap" system, which gives players the chance to say what, and how, they want certain features added, if at all. i have already seen three or four ideas not used in the newest update, due to players not wanting it in the game. This "roadmap" is MUCH more than i have seen any F2P game developers use to gauge a player wanting certain things. Most developers will just add it, and say "Meh, they will have to like it". Next on the list is that this game IS NOT "Pay 2 Win" Every gun is used in a specific way, and, while some are better than others, there is no "Super gun" that kills everyone and is unbeatable. each and every gun has it's strengths and weaknesses, like the gun i currently use has a small mag, for a LMG (50 bullets, instead of the usual 100), as well as lower power, but a higher fire rate than most LMG's used by the Heavy Gunner. At this point in the game, there isn't much Metagame, but the developers are planning on an achievement system, as well as a system that allows you to capture whole continents until one of the opposing teams has to FORCE their way back into a warpgate, making the conquerors feel accomplished that they have taken all the land in the area and continue to hold it. Some people say Max's (a Mech like suit) and Main battle Tanks are Too Overpowered. But As long as you know how to deal with them, you are fine. Tanks may be OP, but If you get hit with an HE shell in a battle in real life, you're going to get blown to pieces. Now, lets touch on the factions. There are three, The Vanu Sovereignty, The New Conglomerate, and The Terran Republic. Each one with their own strengths and weaknesses. Borrowed from a guide on steam about this*** The Vanu Sovereignty favors futuristic directed energy weapons. These weapons reload quite swiftly and generally don't require much deflection shooting ("leading the target"), but don't quite pack the punch of the New Conglomerate or have the numbers of the Terran Republic." "The Terran Republic favors standard bullet weapons that pack little damage per shot, but have high capacity cartridges, high fire rates, and high reload times." "The New Conglomerate believes in brute force. With a strong focus on massive, deliberate strength, the New Conglomerate can easily outgun the other factions, but only if they can make their shots count." Showing each faction has it's own strengths and weaknesses. This game is about as realistic as i have EVER seen a full-scale battle on another world, and i will continue to support it, until it dies out, or we Get Planetside 3. I give this game a ten, even if it has bugs and annoying people, because it is a great all around game, and the developers are at the very least TRYING to always game it better. As a final little thing, if you get bored, go try playing another faction on a different server, it will bring the game back, at the very least a little bit. ***http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113201458#2765 Expand
  92. Feb 2, 2013
    Oh god when will the bugs end? I've put up with it since release, but I'm done now. After the most recent game update the game has become unplayable for me. I highly regret the money I've spent on this game as things continue to grow worse. In large battles I'm lucky to get 4-10 fps when a month ago I was getting 30-40. I have a Phenom II 960T and a 6870. It's ridiculous.
  93. Jan 29, 2013
    Oh. God. The. Bugs. 2/4 times I have played this the game glitches on respawn, the whole world becomes this half transparent mess were you can no longer see buildings or cover and requires a complete computer restart to fix. When the game does run it still has major problems. I managed to get enough cert points for the longest range sniper scope in the game. Turns out its completelyOh. God. The. Bugs. 2/4 times I have played this the game glitches on respawn, the whole world becomes this half transparent mess were you can no longer see buildings or cover and requires a complete computer restart to fix. When the game does run it still has major problems. I managed to get enough cert points for the longest range sniper scope in the game. Turns out its completely unusable because the world draw distance is shorter then distance the scope zooms to making the scope completely useless. Iv been in fights were I see our teammates dieing, I zoom in on my scope from the rear of the fight and see absolutely nothing. but when I move to the front of the fight suddenly an entire army appears. An army I should have easily been able to see from my elevated snipeing spot behind our lines. Iv played Alpha Builds that had less bugs then this "finished" game. Expand
  94. Jan 29, 2013
    Pros: Free. Graphics. Scale. Vehicles. Teamwork. Base designs.
    Cons: Repetitive. Guns. Lag. Lots of traveling. Pay 2 Win. Pointless.
    Pros: Free. Graphics. Scale. Vehicles. Teamwork. Base designs.
    Cons: Repetitive. Guns. Lag. Lots of traveling. Pay 2 Win. Pointless.

To sum it up... this game is a lot of fun if you just want to login to shoot other people and try to find the next big battle. It would be more rewarding if trying to level up wasn't so painfully slow. Also, the gun mechanics feel terrible. With the terrible recoil every gun has in combination with lag, you'd be lucky if 5% of your shots landed on your target. Luckily, this game is free and looks amazing... and when you actually have a large group that communicates and knows what they are doing the game is much more enjoyable.
  95. Jan 29, 2013
    You play for 4 hours to capture or defend a base, next day its lost again. yes the battles are epic but it all seems so pointless. Air dominates, spawn camping gets frustrating. pay 2 win scheme. it was fun for a week but i'll be moving on to games with actual progress
  96. Jan 29, 2013
    It is awesome to play and extremely addictive. It's got a very long learning curve but most people are willing to give out tips as there's no tutorial. Just stick with it, always find cover and expect to die a lot for a time. The games a little shallow if you have not got a mic but the teamwork and banter can be fantastic if you do have one. It's easy to make friends and I now play withIt is awesome to play and extremely addictive. It's got a very long learning curve but most people are willing to give out tips as there's no tutorial. Just stick with it, always find cover and expect to die a lot for a time. The games a little shallow if you have not got a mic but the teamwork and banter can be fantastic if you do have one. It's easy to make friends and I now play with regulars everyday. Joining an outfit and befriending a few select veterans really helps to keep the game fresh and you'll soon learn who the best platoon and squad leaders are within your chosen faction on your server. The sheer scale of the battles can be brilliant and being in a squad is essential to survival and capping territory. The game has got quite a few issues which will hopefully be addressed as it is still early days. There are lots of little bugs such as being killed by a turret when you finish repairing it and hackers sometimes ruin things etc etc but its still a great experience. My game lags like crazy when the scale of battle gets too large so having a decent setup helps. I'm worried that the novelty will ware off soon as there isnt any real sense of accomplishment in the grand scale of things, all you gain is XP and certs and leveling up doesnt really mean anything. Hopefully they will make the game more rewarding in the furture and give people reason to stick with it. As a game that is free it is pretty epic and a must try for anyone interetsed in team work and large scale battles. TR forever Expand
  97. Jan 29, 2013
    Awesome looking game, the closest to war you can get on PC. It's amazing to spawn into a fully functioning airbase where there are fighters reloading and air transports loading up troops. The demanding graphics makes sure that the game looks like crap for any setting below high. Gunplay was solid. However game progress is going to be slow if you are not aiming to spend money, if you areAwesome looking game, the closest to war you can get on PC. It's amazing to spawn into a fully functioning airbase where there are fighters reloading and air transports loading up troops. The demanding graphics makes sure that the game looks like crap for any setting below high. Gunplay was solid. However game progress is going to be slow if you are not aiming to spend money, if you are aiming to get for example missle pods on aircraft be prepared to grind. Expand
  98. Jan 28, 2013
    It's hard to describe how I feel about this game. It goes from hot to cold so quickly, and infantry combat feels so secondary to tanks and aircraft. But when you're in a big battle, it's the most fun and exciting thing every conceived. It's like you're in a Star Wars movie. So much is happening all around you, it's just so intense. I can't say it's for everyone, but it's free, andIt's hard to describe how I feel about this game. It goes from hot to cold so quickly, and infantry combat feels so secondary to tanks and aircraft. But when you're in a big battle, it's the most fun and exciting thing every conceived. It's like you're in a Star Wars movie. So much is happening all around you, it's just so intense. I can't say it's for everyone, but it's free, and worth the time to try it and see for yourself. Expand
  99. Jan 28, 2013
    this game is so fun, i must say that saying this is not a pay to win game is pushing it for vehicles but infantry you don't need to pay. the scale of battles is unmatched by other games. playing alone is not the best you will need to get into an outfit or have a couple of friends in a squad to feel like you have a massive impact in the game. most bugs have been fix and i don't see manythis game is so fun, i must say that saying this is not a pay to win game is pushing it for vehicles but infantry you don't need to pay. the scale of battles is unmatched by other games. playing alone is not the best you will need to get into an outfit or have a couple of friends in a squad to feel like you have a massive impact in the game. most bugs have been fix and i don't see many hacker has most people say there is. it has the worst tutorial i have seen has you are throw into the battle field. you will need to have a really good computer to run this on high with no fps drop. but through all the bad this is a good game. Expand
  100. Jan 27, 2013
    While the gameplay, graphics and sound are actually quite good, the game is just not suited for any true PvP player because of it's Pay2Win payment model. This may not stand out as much because of the frequent big battles in which the individual player doesn't have a big impact on, but it's still there.

PS2 has it's good moments when playing with several other people over voice comm, but that's just not enough for me when I want to play against other people on an equal footing.

1. May 10, 2013