7.0

1. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been Playing Planetside 2 since launch. For a Free to Play game this has to be one of the best games I have gotten my hands on. The devs work with the community on a daily basis to make sure the game is ever evolving into something spectacular. I have no qualms with giving SOE my money for this amazing game. I see a lot of frustrated people below. The best advise I can give you isI have been Playing Planetside 2 since launch. For a Free to Play game this has to be one of the best games I have gotten my hands on. The devs work with the community on a daily basis to make sure the game is ever evolving into something spectacular. I have no qualms with giving SOE my money for this amazing game. I see a lot of frustrated people below. The best advise I can give you is to find an outfit to run with. If you are not having fun you are in the wrong outfit. I run with TRGgaming in the Terran Republic and The 666th Devil Dogs in the New Conglomerate. A Good outfit makes this game hand over fist better than any other FPS I have played, period. Expand
  2. Jun 5, 2013
    While Planetside 2 isn't as easy to pick up and play as call of duty or battlefield, it offers far more depth. Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS. Don't let that name fool you, you wont be going into instanced dungeons and facing off against a few AI driven bosses. Every soldier you see is a real, living player. Every base is designed for 640 v 640 not 64 v 64. The distances between those bases isWhile Planetside 2 isn't as easy to pick up and play as call of duty or battlefield, it offers far more depth. Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS. Don't let that name fool you, you wont be going into instanced dungeons and facing off against a few AI driven bosses. Every soldier you see is a real, living player. Every base is designed for 640 v 640 not 64 v 64. The distances between those bases is measured in miles, not feet. Planetside 2 is full of bugs and flaws, for example vehicle combat suffers because Anti-vehicle infantry don't render and neither do their projectiles. The weapons are all sidegrades, and SOE will not nickel and dime you. Every balance issue in this fantastic game is due solely to bugs. Don't expect to play this game at 60 fps.

In conclusion, Planetside 2 is a fantastic game with an unforgiving learning curve and performance issues. Despite these flaws, this game will offer you massive, social combat that you simply won't find anywhere else. You need to try this game.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    I've played this game for almost 200 hours now. It is extremely hard to get past the learning curve. It will take you hours, but it's worth it. The vehicles will be worthless to you in combat unless you shell out some money or spend a serious amount of time playing as infantry. There's no story to be found besides the blue and purple guys are stupid and have to die. You have to be aI've played this game for almost 200 hours now. It is extremely hard to get past the learning curve. It will take you hours, but it's worth it. The vehicles will be worthless to you in combat unless you shell out some money or spend a serious amount of time playing as infantry. There's no story to be found besides the blue and purple guys are stupid and have to die. You have to be a serious player (border-line addicted) to get any sort of progression. There are several balance issues.

All of that being said, it's insanely fun to get into a platoon and follow them around capturing bases and fighting in the large-scale battles. I can spend hours playing, and I do. If you want to engage in gigantic seamless battles as an infantry-man, a sniper, a supporting class (medic and engineer), a tank operator, a part of a gun-ship crew, or a fighter pilot, this is the game for you. Despite all of the negative aspects of the game, I 100% recommend it to everyone to check it out (it is free) and give it some time.
  4. Jun 5, 2013
    I initially gave this game a 7/10 due to the performance issues at launch, and the problems with the battle flow. For the first few months I barely played it and was very hesitant to spend money on it, but SOE have been very committed and they're currently on GU10, and they release smaller updates every second week. The new lattice system has really improved the battle flow on Indar, andI initially gave this game a 7/10 due to the performance issues at launch, and the problems with the battle flow. For the first few months I barely played it and was very hesitant to spend money on it, but SOE have been very committed and they're currently on GU10, and they release smaller updates every second week. The new lattice system has really improved the battle flow on Indar, and it'll soon be available on the other continents.

While there is still much work to be done (PS2 still needs a lot more optimization), I have spent over 400 hours in this game now and I can honestly say it's the game of the year for me. The massive combat is just so compelling, with literally battles hundreds of players large, on continents filled with thousands of people.
  5. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been looking for a game to play with passion for abut the last 4 years but have been feeling sort of forced to. Planetside 2 definitely made my bells go off and I was pretty sure I'd be a game for me since I played the first one a little because of a computer. Now Planetside 2 is here and it's a hobby for me.

The true value of Planetside 2 isn't it's FPS mechanics but teamwork and

The true value of Planetside 2 isn't it's FPS mechanics but teamwork and the scale. I'm an extremely experienced squad leader and moderately experienced platoon leader and it is that teamwork and tactics that makes me come back to this game. Sure there are new bugs coming and going constantly but it doesn't matter in the bigger picture.

I'm definitely here to stay and expect epic moments like I've had so far.

For organised teamwork outfit gameplay of this game check youtube channel by a guy named Raumance.
  6. Jun 5, 2013
    Summary: An excellent game that allows FPS action on a scale above your average shooter
    Pros: Free-to-play done right, epic FPS battles, fantastic co-operative experiences
    Cons: Resource hog, steep learning curve I love Planetside 2. The game itself is fantastic, giving players access to a three-way war between factions each with their own style and gameplay traits. Released in
    Cons: Resource hog, steep learning curve

I love Planetside 2. The game itself is fantastic, giving players access to a three-way war between factions each with their own style and gameplay traits. Released in November 2012, the game is constantly being improved with new content. On the day of writing, the tenth major update has been released.

Planetside 2 is, at heart, a shooter. But it's a unique one. While most shooters are designed around small-scale and 1v1 encounters, Planetside 2 (hereafter 'PS2') is designed around massive battles with hundreds of players and assorted vehicles. As a result, the game experience is truly unique.

It is also free to play. Some reviewers have said that the game is pay-to-win, but I strongly disagree. All weapons in the game (with the exception of identical weapons of different colours) can be unlocked with the in-game currency 'certs', which are automatically given along with experience. As such, it is simple to unlock a weapon. You may not have every weapon, but that's unimportant the stock weapons are in no way bad, and are designed around catering to most playstyles. Other weapons will be better at, say, long-range firefights, but lacking in close quarters, so you can unlock/buy a weapon that better suits you, but you won't be worse off with the default equipment.

The battles are amazing. Often, a single base will have over 300 players fighting over it, in a two-way or three-way battle that can go on for hours. This provides a real sense of accomplishment when you finally take that base, or when, at last, the enemy stops attacking and you begin the counterattack! The game's huge maps ensure that there are plenty of unique locations to fight over!

Furthermore, the game is not really designed around individual encounters; rather, it is designed on an empire versus empire basis. Sure, you might have a stock character, but your faction will have many players who have unlocked every weapon in the game. In PS2, you will lose if you're ill-equipped to the situation, but the individual player is simply a tiny part of the massive battles.

The 'new player experience' (or 'tutorial', as most players call it) is, to be honest, somewhat lacking. The developers have stated that they wish to improve it and, now, you get a chance to learn the basics of movement and combat before you're dropped into the biggest battle the server can find! The game can be hard to get into, but it's worth it once you get there.

Where PS2 really shines is in co-operative play. Groups of players (known as 'outfits') will use VOIP and suchlike to organise massive operations, from tank formations to airborne drops. Joining an outfit, or even creating your own, will allow you to experience PS2 at its best. There are many outfits that are happy to accept new players try checking the forums or asking in-game.

PS2 is a resource hog. As such, check the recommended specs before you download! The players who say that they can't run it probably don't meet the specs, and if you don't either, then your PC will struggle that's what the specs mean! Bear in mind that the devs are constantly working on making the game rub better since release, I've seen a 10 frames/second increase in heavy combat, with about 30-40 frames/second increase in less populated zones, with improvement every update.
  7. Jun 5, 2013
    Since launch the game changed by a large amout. Most of the initial annoyances are gone, and the dev team is putting much work in it. It's nice to see from such a large company like SOE that they listen to the fanbase, which rarely happens nowdays. It's a shame that the initial launch was rushed, but now the game is becoming what it should have been.
  8. Jun 5, 2013
    I started playing this game in early December and thought, like many others, that the game was really frustrating, unfair and imbalanced. The only reason i kept playing it was because some of my friends played it as well.

It's been almost 6 months since then, and i have to say i love the game. Not only i found an amazing group of people (which is key in any MMO, even if it is a shooter like this), but every new patch tells me that the Dev team is amazing. Whenever the community asks for something, they will surely deliver.

Pros:

- Beautiful game, the art team really did a great job
    - Massive fights. Sometimes hundreds of people on a single base .
    - Dev team REALLY listens to the community
    - Each faction feels different from the other two.
    - One of the few shooters out there that really emphasises team play over individual skill. A single player can rarely affect the outcome of a massive battle.

Cons:

- Takes time to understand how to play it properly (the new tutorial will surely help with this)
    - Guns are expensive. It takes me about 4 hours to gather enough cert points (in-game currency) by killing people and capping bases to purchase the cheapest gun.

Also, the fact that team play individual skills makes some people mad because they cant have a nice KD ratio. This does not mean that you cant have a 2 kdr or higher, it means you cant just throw yourself to the enemy forces and expect to win because you can aim better.

TL;DR If you played this game before and didn't like it, please give it another try. The imbalances have been balanced, the bugs have been fixed and the game flow is overall much better
  9. Jun 5, 2013
    It started as an 8 at release. The constant development based on direct community feedback has made it a 9 now and by the time it's on PS4 this game will be a 10. It's basically a Battlefield 3 on crack with more Battlefield moments than all Battlefield titles combined.

Why should you play this? 1.Very solid shooter mechanics, it's out there with the best. 2. Massive, epic scale

Why should you play this?
    1.Very solid shooter mechanics, it's out there with the best.
    2. Massive, epic scale battles. This game actually feels like you're in a real war.
    3.The designers really listen and interact with the community to constantly make it better. Huge patches with new features every two weeks or so, what other game does this?
    4. Teamwork on an unprecedented level for a shooter. You can play it alone but when you're part of a multiple platoon operation run by your outfit, this is where the game really comes to life.
    5. It's free2play without pay2win. As long as we keep playing it, they're making it more awesome.
  10. Jun 5, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a great Free to play FPS game that doesn't severely suffer from the pay 2 win model that so many other games do. If you don't want to pay you'll have to invest some time in order to get enough certification points to buy the weapons or equipment you'll need to fill your desired roll, depending on which classes you like to play. Until that time you can still contribute andPlanetside 2 is a great Free to play FPS game that doesn't severely suffer from the pay 2 win model that so many other games do. If you don't want to pay you'll have to invest some time in order to get enough certification points to buy the weapons or equipment you'll need to fill your desired roll, depending on which classes you like to play. Until that time you can still contribute and get some kills. The game itself isn't newbie friendly but the community is very good at teaching people the ropes and is welcoming to new players. When you get into the game it's as easy as hitting a single key to join a group. If there are enough players you'll be joined to a platoon(several groups joined together with a platoon leader) where you can get orders and immediately spawn into the action.

The action is hectic and fast paced. At this point the game is fairly well balanced and the developers continue to add new features and tweak the balance.

If you find yourself defending a base and it becomes a lost cause, then is the time to abandon that base and move to a greener field or you'll find yourself spawn camped and that is no fun. Fortunately it's easy to de-spawn and go somewhere else. From the map you can see what bases your faction controls, which are in the process of being taken and which are under attack. Or you can click the instant action button to be taken to a battle in progress. With features like this it's easy to find a good fight. Battles can be quick or sometimes they can be long and drawn out sieges. Both are loads of fun.
  11. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been playing PS2 since before it was released, back the so called "tech test" before closed Beta. Even back then I knew that this game was going to be very special, the raw potential of the tech SOE was displaying was incredible. 2000 players fighting on one massive continent, battles including hundreds of players at once, aircraft, tanks, infantry! But that's common knowledge, andI have been playing PS2 since before it was released, back the so called "tech test" before closed Beta. Even back then I knew that this game was going to be very special, the raw potential of the tech SOE was displaying was incredible. 2000 players fighting on one massive continent, battles including hundreds of players at once, aircraft, tanks, infantry! But that's common knowledge, and those features only make half of a game. It is the development team that truly shoots this game through the roof for me.

The game receives at least 2 major updates a month, with hotfixes whenever they are needed (and they are usually very quick with those), which all include both new content and game fixes. The devs make regular efforts to join discussions on their forums, on reddit, on twitch livestreams, on podcasts and even on their own internet shows Friday Night Ops. This level of communication really jacks in the developers to the needs and concerns of the community, and coupled with their own limited brand of restraint the decisions being made for PS2's future have been extremely good. It is constantly evolving, constantly adding new content and constantly surprising me with the user generated shenanigans that a 64 square kilometer map filled with 2000 gun wielding immortals can create.

The F2P model has been extremely kind to the non paying player, the initial guns that everyone starts with are very often some of the "best" guns available. I put best in quotations because with few exceptions every gun in the game has downsides that counterbalance their upsides. Even the weapons that have been identified as straight upgrades (Around 5 or 6 weapon classes in number if I had to guess) have also caught the attention of the devs, who constantly tweak and change those weapons to bring them to an acceptable level.

The only downsides that I can think of for this game are the difficulty a new player has in figuring out what to do (a tutorial system is already implemented and is being expanded on as I type), and that many older computers will have difficulty running this game (especially laptops). AMD graphics cards also seem to fare less well than NVidia cards for whatever reason. I do not believe there is much more the devs can do in terms of optimization, as it is quite a demanding game.

Since those are the only two negative points I can think of, and in the shadow of the myriad of positives I have given, I bestow upon PS2 a 9 out of 10. The game will only get better over time I believe, as the developers really have their heart and soul in the game and have promised to keep working on it for years to come.
  12. Jun 5, 2013
    First thing to do after entering this game is to find an nice Outfit (guild) that is running a recruitment squad, ask for their vocal chat server, and enjoy this incredible gaming experience.

Don't stay alone too long, this game is huge and the dev team is giving it an fast and perpetual improvement, with a great ability to listen to the community. - push you out of the transport

- push you out of the transport plane, at a 1000 meters altitude from the enemy base
  13. Jun 5, 2013
    Planetside 2 is very harsh for new players because there's barely any tutorial BUT as soon as you understand it its awesome you like big fights but most fps don't deliver that scale? Try Planetside! you easily get 100+ player fights and sometimes around 300 on each team fighting in one base against each other
  14. Jun 5, 2013
    Not many shooters can keep me hooked like Planetside 2 can. The combination of addicting and compelling gameplay and teamwork with the responsiveness of the dev team make this a game that will last
  15. Jun 5, 2013
    If you love FPS you will love PS2. It has a lot of potencial with the metagame if they develop more tools for leadership. of course, its difficult to understand concepts, remeber structure of a lots of bases but one more time. the potential is enourmous. I dont play a lot of games too much. I always get bored a few months later. But with ps2 iam really addicted. Its´s massives fights areIf you love FPS you will love PS2. It has a lot of potencial with the metagame if they develop more tools for leadership. of course, its difficult to understand concepts, remeber structure of a lots of bases but one more time. the potential is enourmous. I dont play a lot of games too much. I always get bored a few months later. But with ps2 iam really addicted. Its´s massives fights are really incredible. Of course, sometimes you have moments of borings because a base take too many time to capture or you have to move 3000 METERS with your tank, buts it worth it!!! sometimes some unbalanced weapons or situations frustrates you but those are details. it´s imposible to have a really full balanced game when you have dozens of guns, lots of air and ground vehicles. I really love this game. And of course, ITS FREE TO PLAY. Expand
  16. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is essentially everything I imagined in my 'army' fantasies as a kid. Remember when you used to run around with your mates pretending to shoot stuff and blow each other up? Well this is it writ large. Huge battles with air, armour and soldiers lighting up the night with tracer fire and rockets. It's such an intense experience that will probably leave you quite addicted. I know itThis game is essentially everything I imagined in my 'army' fantasies as a kid. Remember when you used to run around with your mates pretending to shoot stuff and blow each other up? Well this is it writ large. Huge battles with air, armour and soldiers lighting up the night with tracer fire and rockets. It's such an intense experience that will probably leave you quite addicted. I know it did me.

It's also quite nice to see the devs really putting in the effort and being responsive to the community with weekly patches and updates. I see a lot of longevity in this game. I should also point out that the community is a lot more mature than most and are usually a pleasure to interact with.

Gold star. A+
  17. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been playing this game since launch and it has gotten much better since then! I have increased my score for the game because the devs have added so much to it since launch and because they continue to add new content every week.
  18. May 23, 2013
    The reason I gave it a 10 out of 10 is because I'm a big battlefield 3 fan and this was like battlefield 3 but in space and more chaos and I liked it.
  19. May 22, 2013
    this game is the Best f2p online game ever its free to play and isn't really pay2win and has a lot of vechiles and weapons witch has a lot of attachments and with awsome events updates is this the best f2p online game ever
  20. May 22, 2013
    I find it amusing the people giving this game low scores are crying it is too hard or you need to spend hours getting the 'good' weapons. I have been playing this game for a while now and still haven't spent a cent and manage to more than hold my own. If you came from a COD background then this game is definitely too hard for you it involves tactics and skill. Battlefield players willI find it amusing the people giving this game low scores are crying it is too hard or you need to spend hours getting the 'good' weapons. I have been playing this game for a while now and still haven't spent a cent and manage to more than hold my own. If you came from a COD background then this game is definitely too hard for you it involves tactics and skill. Battlefield players will feel much more at home and the depth of customisation is a breath of fresh air in this game genre. The large scale battles and varying roles you can play make for some great extended gaming sessions and unique battles. Having a mike is essential as there is no time to type and noone pays attention to the typers anyhow. The only issue is the same as with most other online games gen i jerkoffs who think they are gods gift polluting the airwaves with their ridiculous dribble. Expand
  21. May 17, 2013
    I've been having a lot of fun in Planetside 2. There is no other shooter of this scope on the market. With vehicles, weapons, and terrain galore, this game truly feels like war. 2000 players on a giant single continent fighting each other with tanks, planes, bombers, etc, etc? Cmon, have you seen anything more awesome? There are so many things to do! My favorites are flying a fighter jet,I've been having a lot of fun in Planetside 2. There is no other shooter of this scope on the market. With vehicles, weapons, and terrain galore, this game truly feels like war. 2000 players on a giant single continent fighting each other with tanks, planes, bombers, etc, etc? Cmon, have you seen anything more awesome? There are so many things to do! My favorites are flying a fighter jet, flanking enemy platoons with a dune buggy, and raking up kills as an engineer. I find the game as enjoyable solo as when playing in a squad. If you get bored of one playstyle, there's a plethora of other options to try.

That said, the game isn't perfect. While SOE is doing a great job (in my opinion) of ironing out bugs (compare the game at launch and now!) and adding new content (the Harasser FAV just came out, the lattice system is coming out with the next update), there are balance issues, occasional server-side lag, and numerous small quirks that need to be addressed. But I am happy to know that the developers are on top of it. Future content is also very exciting.

Oh, and the game is free to play. It's a AAA title with high production values and you don't have to drop a penny into it if you don't want to (there are various things that can be purchased with money, such as XP boosts and cosmetics to make your character stand out, but that's entirely optional). There's absolutely no excuse why you shouldn't give PS2 a try!
  22. May 12, 2013
    its fun sometimes, but most of the times you have no clue whats going on and the second you spawn in you get shipped into a battlezone,no tutorial or anything.and if you are in the middle of a bombing raid lke me. your in for some bad luck, not to mention theres a form of "energy" you NEED to spawn in anything.But, the game is really fun if you have a buddy or a platoon.
  23. May 5, 2013
    You dont have to pay to be the best player. you have the OPTION to pay to get weapons that you can earn by killing people. and whats the big deal 5-10$ for a gun. this game is amazing and people dislike it because they suck at the game. Most of you say graphics are 6-7 out of 10 well thats because you computer is Overall its a well made game that you have to have skill in order to be theYou dont have to pay to be the best player. you have the OPTION to pay to get weapons that you can earn by killing people. and whats the big deal 5-10$ for a gun. this game is amazing and people dislike it because they suck at the game. Most of you say graphics are 6-7 out of 10 well thats because you computer is Overall its a well made game that you have to have skill in order to be the best player. Expand
  24. May 1, 2013
    As for me this game is very fun. After MAG on PS3 I'm looking for a similar game. And I found it. I was really impressed by this game. Someone tells that is bad game, because it compel you to think. If you like to play COD, and don't like to think in game pass by. Others welcome!
  25. Apr 30, 2013
    This game is huge and I found myself immersed in a epic struggle for the domain of territory like I never seen If you like a massive competitive war for the domain of territory this is your game the only down side to it would be that it can get quite frustrating to play alone but so long as you have a group of friends to fight beside you you will have a great time
  26. Apr 29, 2013
    I've played this game since release, and there have been many improvements since launch. I've got over 600 hours in, at BR82, with a good sampling of all the factions.

The new player experience has been streamlined significantly. Players can expect to end up in a friendly spawn at a large battle to start things out. The addition of a virtual reality training area, in which all items and all attachments can be trialed, is a huge benefit to old and new players you no longer have to guess at how effective an item will be. The VR area also includes vehicles, and all attachments now as well. I feel much more comfortable introducing new players to the game now, as opposed to release.

The action itself has benefited from many recent additions as well. There is now an 'alert system' which gives all the players on a server a territory objective, specific to one of the continents. The expansion of this system will lend itself to more of an 'objective-based' feel as more content is added.

The combat will feel familiar to those who have played Battlefield 3, or the original Planetside. Infantry play forms the core of the Planetside 2 experience during base battles, while vehicle play is most of the non-base combat. Infantry engagements are fairly short-ranged, the only notable exceptions being snipers in open areas, and the New Conglomerate being able to use longer-range infantry weaponry.

The game still has flaws; there are some frustrating mechanics in the form of one-hit kill weapons: shotguns, high explosive tank shells, and high explosive liberator shelling. The devs, however, have been responsive to balancing these issues for a better experience.

Overall, I'd recommend this game to any first person shooter fans who want to experience combat on a huge scale often in the area of 96 versus 96, or more.
  27. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very fun sometimes fast paced sometimes slow paced game. I'm giving it a ten to help counter the balance of a hater or two I see that give it little to no credit. Yes the game is essential a beta, but a well done beta and lets be honest how many "beta" testers hate losing their progress when the official game launches? There's a niche for a lot of people from support toThis is a very fun sometimes fast paced sometimes slow paced game. I'm giving it a ten to help counter the balance of a hater or two I see that give it little to no credit. Yes the game is essential a beta, but a well done beta and lets be honest how many "beta" testers hate losing their progress when the official game launches? There's a niche for a lot of people from support to piloting and just plain up front fighting. I did play the original Planetside and although I don't feel it's leaps and bounds better than that game it has a lot of the core elements that can be tweaked over time like all games. It's free so play on. Expand
  28. Apr 18, 2013
    I'd honestly give it an 8 but I'm only giving it a 10 due to the nonsensical 0 ratings here. I was never a fan of FPS although I've tried Battlefield and Call of Duty series for an extended period of time. Planetside 2 is the most epic fun I have had since World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. I have been addicted to Diablo 3 with the expectation of an epic gaming journey, but soonI'd honestly give it an 8 but I'm only giving it a 10 due to the nonsensical 0 ratings here. I was never a fan of FPS although I've tried Battlefield and Call of Duty series for an extended period of time. Planetside 2 is the most epic fun I have had since World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. I have been addicted to Diablo 3 with the expectation of an epic gaming journey, but soon realized that it was a failure to begin with. The game was difficult to learn, but after about a month, I was hooked. Planetside 2 has definite negatives: occasional server lag, and poor optimization. I had to buy a brand new computer just to play this game on maximum settings. Hackers are always looming around annoying loyal members, but I can tell SOE is doing their best to keep fixing and improving. The game itself is an awesome masterpiece with a good outlook for a long time to come. Expand
  29. Apr 1, 2013
    Planetside 2 is the best MMO of the last 5 years, it is very fun and pretty and addictive, if your PC can run it I highly recommend it (I use a midrange CPU from 3 years ago and a midrange video card I bought in 2012 and I run the game on Ultra just fine)

I'm not sure where the anger comes with regard to difficulty yes, if you try to charge out of your spawn room when you're alone and 2 platoons are capturing your base you are going to have a bad time, that's how the game works, you're supposed to spawn elsewhere if you get overrun. Also, the cash shop is very reasonable given that the game is totally free to download and all weapons can be earned through gameplay. Many of the most powerful and widely used weapons, like the CARV and the SAW and MBT HEAT rounds are available by default: the SAW and HEAT Rounds in particlar have only become more popular with successive patches. There's no conspiracy by SOE to make default guns worthless
  30. Mar 30, 2013
    Many people complain about this game's lack of fair balance or that it feels rushed to them. I'm sorry, but did you expect this to be a CoD game? And as for the learning curve, this is war for crying out loud, not a training camp! They do have tutorial videos linked in the game's launcher, and yes, the learning curve needs fixing, but then again, it's a bit better than going through yetMany people complain about this game's lack of fair balance or that it feels rushed to them. I'm sorry, but did you expect this to be a CoD game? And as for the learning curve, this is war for crying out loud, not a training camp! They do have tutorial videos linked in the game's launcher, and yes, the learning curve needs fixing, but then again, it's a bit better than going through yet another hand-holding, navi-esque tutorial isn't it? Planetside 2's 2 main blessings are it's adaptability and the teamwork the game encourages. Since it's not a box release, few can realistically expect that the game would be perfect right from the start. If a problem arises or a bug is discovered, it gets fixed in the next update. Teamwork is EVERYTHING in this game, you should never expect to succeed as a lone-wolf unless you play as an infiltrator and know when to fight and when to not. No one person can single-handedly change the tide of a battle or the war, you are always working with other players to accomplish a goal.

The game itself, isn't exactly pay-to-play, everything is available for purchase with in-game currency, and all of the things that can only be bought with real money are just for looks. Admittedly, you do need to pour a lot of certs into your empire's fighter to get it to it's full potential, but like I said, everything is free: you just have to save up the certs you've earned.

Pretty much the only things you can buy with money in the game that actually gives you any advantage are weapons; everything that gives you a basic edge over everything you encounter (better armor for example) can only be purchased by using the in-game currency.

and on the note of the cert grind, how would you like it if EVERYONE in the game had the best weapons and upgrades after playing for a short amount of time? it'd get bland fast: there would be nothing to look forward to getting.

And face it: in every game you start playing, there WILL be players that are better than you that have been playing longer than you and will pwn you at first

SOE has added a virtual-reality training area that allows you to try out EVERYTHING that you could possibly want, and since all of the weapons are unlocked while you are in the training area, you can just click on the "compare stats" box and have no more need for looking through wiki pages. If all else fails, you can give a gun or an upgrade to one of your vehicles a test run. In conclusion, Planetside 2 may have it's flaws (who/ what doesn't?), but it's sheer scale and readiness to fix any problems that it's players find more than make up for them

1. May 10, 2013