7.0

1. Dec 19, 2012
    Free to play alone sells this game, but add to it high production values, massive maps, huge player counts, one of the most complex perk upgrade systems in any game i've seen, good graphics... the only real weak spot of the game is floaty controls but other than that, it's a must have for any PC gamer.
  2. Feb 14, 2013
    Downloaded the game today, HOLY it was awesome, massive battles, air, sea, land everything!, this game is like a dream, it's so epic, it's what games should be like. AND FOR FREE!!!
  3. Nov 27, 2012
    AS a PS1 player it wasn't hard for me to get into PS2, and its by far a better game from the get go. The game runs pretty smooth for me and its got to be one of the most beautiful games to date, especially for how many players can be active at one time. It tops all multiplayer games in epicness. Its got its issues, but what new game doesn't, especially in the mmo department. The vehicles could be better but I feel I cannot judge them as you have to unlock so much potential which leaves me to this: I would rate it a 10/10 if it weren't for the FTP system. I think this game should have had a price tag and FTP system for cosmetics, but the unlocks take far to long to unlock and I'm not a fan of spending cash on items I don't even know if I will like. But for the base free game, spend a few dollars and you can have a butt load of fun in battles larger than anything you will see in that **** COD game. Expand
  4. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is halo/battlefield on steroids, and surprisingly its free. I use a weapon that has the highest RPM in my faction. So I win most close to mid range encounters and I only paid 250 creds for it, so the game is not pay to win. The only down side is the story line is simple, and the game takes a while to get used to because the tutorial is crap. In conclusion, it is probably the best fps I have played in a long time, and that is mainly because of the enormity of the battles and number of players involved is something to be seen to be believed. Expand
  5. Feb 14, 2013
    I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Anyone who rated this below a seven simply didn't bother to put the time into it. It badly needs a tutorial, which is why this didn't hit a perfect ten, but for chrissakes, PLAY a game before you damn it. Besides, there are tutorial vids that it shoves in your face in the gorram launcher but hell, I've been playing since before those, and it only took me about a half hour to figure everything out. Stop pissing yourselves and wrecking the score on an awesome game. Out. Expand
  6. Jun 7, 2014
    I need to start this review informing you that I HATE free to play games.

But, this is the only one other than league of legends that I find somewhat fair in their model. - My only gripe about this game is when they release a new weapon.. they make it super awesome so everyone buys it.. then after a week and the sales start to slow down.. NERF! .. ask anyone when the shotgun first came
    out compared to now.. or the phoenix rocket launcher.

For the game play, 10/10... Love it!

Battles are legendary! The sheer size and scale of the armies that siege your fortress or bio-lab are amazing!

Guns are pretty balanced and each faction has unique art styles and few play styles that differentiate them for the others.

I like the pace of combat way more than COD and battlefield and the system of how you can upgrade your gear is a nice touch.

overall, I will be playing this game for many years to come.
  7. Mar 9, 2013
    I like this game a lot. You can have to 2000 players per game continent, which means 6000 players per server, can you beat that? It's always fun to engage in massive battles with hundreds of players on your side fighting off the opposing team while trying to capture their base. The only problems I have with this game is that collecting certs to purchase upgrades to a bit too long and that you need a fairly high end pc to play it properly. Overall, it's very recommended. Expand
  8. Jun 28, 2014
    Gorgeous. Even if this was a Pay-To-Play game, i would give more than enough to play this masterpiece! Perfect tactics that you must play to advance your squad/platoon and storm the front You do need to give it at least 2 hours to get used to the controls of it, when you do it is amazing. Graphics are top-notch! Game-play is fresh and new! Sounds are clear and great! Play this game!!!
    but you do need a good rig to play it.
  9. Dec 1, 2012
    This game is far from being completed and will likely be added to for years. What they have already is amazing, and they are constantly patching and adding more stuff. If you are not working with a group, the game is not the same honestly. If you have a full platoon of 48 people all working together? Oh my god the feeling is unmatched. The feeling of turning the tide of a major battle involving hundreds of players? It is amazing! Orders are given and things get done and it is one of the most rewarding feelings I have ever had in any game ever. The game still needs a ton of work, but it is getting better daily. It is also free to play so really, there is no reason not to try it. Expand
  10. Dec 12, 2012
    Incredible. A few bugs here and there but will be ironed out carving this game into a 10/10 no doubt. It's quite difficult to get into and is very confusing at the beginning but stick with it and you'll be fighting like the best in no time. The scale of this game really is like nothing you've seen before and the wide variety of roles will keep me playing for a long time.
  11. Nov 3, 2013
    Okay, imagine a game like Battlefield (without the destruction)- great battles, with ground, infantry, and air vehicles battling eachother. Now imagine those battles, but on a MASSIVE scale- and I mean like an entire planet being the the map, and three 200-man armies fighting against each other.

That is Planetside 2- epic battles on a MASSIVE scale.
  12. Mar 27, 2014
    Planetside 2 used to be a bit hard to get into but with improved tutorials and better objective setting, I'd say this is my favorite massively multiplayer game at this point. If you're interested in something with a bit more complexity and a bigger scale than the recent battlefield installments: go with this.
  13. Apr 23, 2014
    1st, WTH are people ripping into the game for? saying there is no character devleopment? so? on BF and COD, i dont remember character development besides perks and weapons, this isnt an RPG game, its a game where you kill 200 of the other enemy on 3 different maps.

I didnt have to P2W to be good at this game. if your good at BF and COD then you will be good on this game. yes at 1st it
    drops you into the middle of a battle but unless your not looking when you die, you can pick to respawn in a different area or even the HQ(which is also a safe area and no fighting) which constantly has land vehicles or air vehicles picking up people and going off to battle. besides that you can spawn your own land or air vehicle to fly off in, the only problem with this is if you log in when the game is slow, then your driving or flying off on your own.

some people were moaning that you cannot heal "heavies" you can, its called repairing like you would a tank, they are mechanical and so you cant be a medic and heal them but you can repair them like a tank.

also no objective? it has more of an objective then BF and COD, instead of mindless killing which is fun, you also need to take over bases and mindlessly kill, with tanks, 4 wheeler things, troop transports, airships, air jet things, or on foot.

there is friendly fire and that makes a chaotic battle a mess if you have a bunch of foot traffic and tanks rolling through, happens on BF, so it seems all the people who gave this game a 4 or less havent played those other games i mentioned(call of duty and battlefield) since they cannot handle this game.

you had to spend 60$ to get those games but can play this for free, so dont expect to get every single weapon for free but i have seen that i can get most weapons by getting the points from playing the game on my own, and i didnt have to pay to win to be good at this game.

the only time i didnt like playing this game was when it was slow and no one on my faction was hardly on, i still found it fun harassing the bigger army and just taking over random stuff. also the other bad point, if your comp isnt up to snuff like mine, then it will be super laggy or unplayable, so im waiting on it to release to PS4, atleast i hope it will, otherwise i will have to upgrade my comp so i can play it.

its a fun game and worth trying out, its not P2W, it does have things you can pay money and get the items or some weapons faster but when you have 2 dozen of the other faction running at you, then that rifle you spent cash on is not gonna help you and as i said you can get the weapons with the points you earn from killing, defending or taking over positions, so its fun and not grinding to earn the weapons on your own and unless you get into a 1 on 1 battle(lucky you if you do) i dont think the weapon they have will matter too much.

also remember to those that are not familiar with this game and are thinking about it for the PC or PS4 when it comes out, this is where you have 3 different very big maps, and 1,000 or more peiple on each server which each has the 3 maps, so your gonna have on each map normally 100 or more of each faction, that means 100 people helping you fight, while you have 200 or more of the other factions fight you( there are 3 factions in all) so 3 armies all trying to take over big and small bases all over the map, and there are no rounds, just constant fighting. i have experianced myself 1 battle over a big base lasting for 3 hours, so no one won until enough of the other faction had to log off or give up, if you love constant fighting then you will enjoy this game, its non-stop.
  14. Feb 22, 2013
    Most of the people that gave this game a poor score have not a PC that manages to run it properly. This is a fact. You need a high-end machine to appreciate this awesome MMOFPS to whom I can't find any real lack, a part a bit of lacking content. Its gameplay is fun and immersive and it just needs more development. Since it is fullt free to play I cannot give it anything less than a top score.
  15. Jan 14, 2013
    COD fan boys beware! PlanetSide 2 does not focus on holding your hand till you nuke the map, pretending you obtained this with any form of skill involved. Know that this game is challenging, rewarding and hardcore. If you're looking for a AAA massive shooter, this is your only option. Just look at the negative reviews and laugh as the same Modern Warf@gs cry about how the game is not a super easy bore-fest. Chest out, chin up, this is war! There is no room for cry babies on the battlefield! Expand
  16. Jan 22, 2014
    palnetside 2 is not other FPS, it not other big f2p game that everyone will forget, this is one of the bigest games ever, from the amzing grhapic to the huge maps, with the massive number of players and massive battles you cannot forget that kind of game, even so it really hard in the start cuse of the game just trhow you to battle without you even know waht to do, you proboly going to spend you first hours in the game try to understand wtf you need to do, but in the end you found out this amzing game, if it wasent free2play i could easy see it sold in 60 and I was even pay 70$ for it, but no it free so thank the dev team and play, of course you cant play alone this game ment to be play with at least 5 friends cuse alone you not going to do much, so find good team and play. Expand
  17. Mar 13, 2013
    If you are a CoD child, dont bother. You will die a lot, and will whine and cry, because you are used to no-skill tiny corridor shooters.

If you like larger size games, vehicle gameplay and tactics, this is the game for you. Children who are easily frustrated and think they are 'super leet' need not apply. Read the negative reviews here to see how idiotic you have to be to dislike the
    game. Basically every bad review is a butthurt 12 year old. Expand
  18. Nov 28, 2012
    I have no clue what people are talking about this is the best f2p game of all time no questions asked. Play it on a decent pc then come back complaining. There are no lag or bugs or whatnot people are complaining about.
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    If you are a new player, go google some tutorials and look on the website before hopping into the action.

Now, Planetside 2 is an AMAZING MMOFPS IF you have the machine to run it, if not, then I feel bad because you are missing the most wonderful modern gaming experience today. Even if playing alone, the breathtaking large-scale battles are extremely enjoyable to participate in, and the
    customization allows you to modify your character to your own playstyle. DOWNLOAD NOW Expand
  20. Dec 20, 2013
    I have written a different review about a year ago but since then the game got faster, better, and much more balanced.
    Planetside 2 is now the dream of OC gaming at it's finest hundreds of players on lag free servers, inside a real war run all by people, not AI.
    It. Also runs much better, and I am now able to Max the game on my mid range rig (core i5 650@4.5ghz, MSI gtx 760@1280mhz,
    6750mem and 8gb 1333mhz RAM).
    It only has 1 downside, and that is you need at least 4gb of RAM.
    If you have a fair PC you will be able to enjoy planetside at it's full potential.
    Also, I haven't paid a dollar and I never felt underpowered- it's not pay to win.
    I highly recommend.
  21. Jun 6, 2013
    Type of fps game that I like teamplay or you will lose. Fight hundreds of soldiers for part of continent just amazed me, I never saw something like this. (Its just wow!) Game is free to play and all unlocks are available for f2p players. Only thing that I dislike is hardware req that you need to actually run it all mainstream-high end stuff from last gens...
  22. May 22, 2013
    I find it amusing the people giving this game low scores are crying it is too hard or you need to spend hours getting the 'good' weapons. I have been playing this game for a while now and still haven't spent a cent and manage to more than hold my own. If you came from a COD background then this game is definitely too hard for you it involves tactics and skill. Battlefield players will feel much more at home and the depth of customisation is a breath of fresh air in this game genre. The large scale battles and varying roles you can play make for some great extended gaming sessions and unique battles. Having a mike is essential as there is no time to type and noone pays attention to the typers anyhow. The only issue is the same as with most other online games gen i jerkoffs who think they are gods gift polluting the airwaves with their ridiculous dribble. Collapse
  23. Feb 17, 2013
    If you have a good gaming PC that can handle the rendering of hundreds of players and like shooters like Battlefield 3 you owe yourself to play this game. I am completely 100% addicted to it and thing this game is a one of a kind experience.
  24. Jul 7, 2014
    Once you get into this game it if a fantastic amount of fun. The battles are on such a massive scale. Graphics are not as good as some other shoot em up platforms but am sure its done like that to be able to run massive servers.
  25. Dec 13, 2013
    This game has kept me playing for so many hours... It has been many years I didn't play the same game for so long. It's hard, it's huge, it's free to play and absolutely not pay to win. Skill matters here, as much as strategy and tactics. You have so many choices you just can play in a different way every time you die (and it happens a lot but it's not frustrating since you can respawn quite fast). The dev team gives a lot of attention to the community and keeps releasing patches to make the game better and better. New features and patches will continue to be released in the next years, plans for this game are ambitious and really long term lasting.

I must be honest here, I play since Wolfenstein 3D and I never seen in my life this epic fights with infantry, vehicles and aircrafts. Visuals are simply great. Teamplay is wonderfully made up.

It's free. Try this game. It is an absolute must for every FPS player out there.
  26. Dec 22, 2012
    Probably my favorite game of all time. Alot of people say it's pay-to-win but it's really not, the base weapons are better than the ones you can buy. The weapons you can buy though do cost quite a bit I won't lie but like I said the base weapon is usually the best out of them all. Certs can be slow to make to but if you want quick certs I just repair turrets after a battle, most of the time you will be the only one repair (because everyone scatters to the next area) and it can get boring and long but you'll make a good amount of XP and certs.
    Lastly, you can play this game with a lower end PC but do note that you will have to play on the lowest settings (like me) even on the lowest settings I tend to crash every three or four hours. But that doesn't bother me at all. So yeah, I suggest a higher end PC to have the best experience.
  27. Dec 1, 2012
    Planetside 2 falls short of Planetside 1 in about every category, but it's still a lot of fun and the best recent shooter out there. Be advised it's poorly optimized at the moment with some netcode issues, but hopefully when those are ironed out it will be fun for everyone.

Their customer service team is responsive and fast. Haven't run into any obvious hackers yet.
  28. May 22, 2013
    this game is the Best f2p online game ever its free to play and isn't really pay2win and has a lot of vechiles and weapons witch has a lot of attachments and with awsome events updates is this the best f2p online game ever
  29. Dec 3, 2012
    I read the first negative review I saw (from bi0mech81) and quite frankly everything the said has no bearing... Im sorry your terrible at playing a average difficulty FPS/MMO but the game cant help you there. Snipers are not a real problem, go heavy and thrown on a shield expose them and kill them. Tanks are what they are for power... they cost an ingame currency to buy to keep players from repeatedly spawning tanks to use. If you spawn in the middle of tank fight as a new person, SPAWN ELSEWHERE since it is actually impossible to have a spawn point ONLY in a battle as every team has a "safe zone" area so you cant be "pushed off" the map. This game is HUGE with thousands of players in a map, if a medic could heal a heavy and keep him alive under fire the game would be incredibly imbalanced. As a medic healing will ALWAYS get you xp if you sustain it to do the other player any good just flashing them a quick heal with your heal gun doesnt help them and hence wont reward you. When I started this game I did spawn into a battle and died a few times but quickly figured most things out. To start my game I went with a heavy player since they have a large clip and a shield to further increase tanking ability. The game is incredibly fun and open, the weapon/armor/vehicles can all be customized with different attachment etc to a depth even better than battlefield. There is a learning curve, it took me probably 3 hours or so to get all of the major gameplay aspects down and I would consider myself an average FPS guy, far from expert. Part of the beauty of a game like this is the sheer numbers required to make big differences in the game, sometimes in a large battle you will get killed with little you can do to prevent it (save hiding) just due to the number of crosshairs pointing back at your large group of soldiers assaulting a particular location. No single player of any skill level can capture a defended zone by himself because the game is so big everything significant will require a sustained effort from many individuals and that makes this game a hell of alot of fun in my opinion. Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2012
    COMPACT REVIEW FOR TLDR: Planetside 2 will not run on 'standard' systems easily. Planetside 2 is everything that it said it is (FPS,MMO,RPG,Free Roam,Very Customizable,Huge Battles). It is free so try it, and don't downgrade it because your system is not up to date. It is made to play with groups of buddies, but fun either way. The Graphics are awesome. The game is not played for story. It is 100% pvp. There are tanks, apcs, atv, and futuristic aircraft you can fly + more. SOE is not amazing, but these devs are funny and put time into what they do. I have only given 3 or so games a 9/10 in my life, this game is one of them. Expand
  31. Dec 13, 2012
    The best part about about PS2 is the epic scale of combined arms warfare. It still takes my breath away to watch dozens of tanks exchanging fire in the field while aircraft and bombers blaze in the sky above and hundreds of infantry blasting each other in a beautiful persistent world ALL AT THE SAME TIME. You just can't get that with any other game out there today. POSITIVE: It's free to play. The developers are actually talking to the players and changing the game based on player suggestions which is very rare these days. Just a few days ago a patch got released which added lots of new content that players were asking for.

NEGATIVE: Having played through the whole beta, I was very disappointed that a lot bugs and faction balance issues are still not fixed in the live version. A lot of continents and weapons from the original Planetside 1 didn't make it to launch. However, it's free to play so I don't have to waste money until they fix the problems . You also will need a decent PC to play the game until performance optimization will be adjusted in future patches.

I was going to give PS2 a 9 score but the game got released way too early for obvious SOE $$$ reasons so I bumped the score down to 7. I'm confident that the game will only get better over time.
  32. Feb 11, 2013
    This game, Planetside 2 is hands down the best free to play game I have ever played. It is an amazingly huge game with astonishingly large landmasses and varied lands and environments to wage all out intense, thrilling, and immersing war in. You can play as one of three factions all with their own quirks. The game play has a lot of depth, and it may take a while to get used to. You can take control of many different kinds of vehicles. From light and agile air crafts to strong and bulky tanks. There are three continents you will wage war over, with a total of two thousand soldiers on a server. There are no matches or loading screens, how power fluctuates is dependent on how well your team fights. Oh, did I mention the graphics for this game are simply amazing? If you're skeptical, you should just download and try this gem. It is free to play so you have nothing to lose. Beware of the learning curve though. The game takes getting used to, so I suggest looking up some tutorials on Youtube. Expand
  33. Jan 2, 2014
    This game wow, 9/10. Always have an absolute blast when I play this game. Game is admiringly beautiful and freakin' huge. Only thing I don't like about this game is the progression speed, takes way to long to unlock a new weapon, not only that but none of your gun progression can be used in other classes which kind of sucks. There is a payment option to quicken that or buy other stuff like armour. But this game isn't a pay to win. All guns and classes are perfectly balanced. Nothing is OP in this game, if there is, thank god I wasn't abused by it. Overall, great game, it's free so why not Expand
  34. Jun 5, 2013
    The game had some flaws at release, but the development team is really dedicated on making the game better!
    The games teamwork mechanic and gun play are both really fun!

I'm looking forward to what this game turns into in the future, and I love playing it!
  35. Dec 11, 2013
    A brilliant game, smooth mechanics a good progression system and the best thing? one word SCALE it elevates the game to a epic level of brilliance. Also unbelievably it's FREE GET IT NOW
  36. Nov 25, 2012
    Not the best game, but definitely the most fun game. Actually I take that back, it's the best game.

Where is the 9.5 rating? I'll take away .5 for somewhat limited meta-game and vehicle options at release; however this is coming as the devs stated.

Massive battles.. nothing like it. All PC gamers need to give their time/money to this fantastic game.
  37. Dec 6, 2012
    This is the best free FPS I have ever played. If your looking for a shooter and your tired of COD and BF3 you should definitely give this game a try. : )
  38. Nov 30, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10 to counter balance all the scorers who have given it a 0 cause their machines suck. That being said in reality this game is a solid 8, it has its faults, and can be glitchy at times, but if you are an FPS fan you will get an experience in PS2 that no other game in this generation will be able to touch. It is also NOT pay to win, some the the upgrades in the planes may be a little OP or need a tune, but this isn't anywhere close to being pay to win, so Ignore those idiots as well. Plus how can you give a 0 to something that is FREAKING FREE! Expand
  39. Nov 23, 2012
    Excellent free 2 play game. Factions (and overall gameplay) are extremely well balanced . Skill always wins over $$. Graphics and performance are good. Epic scale. This is my favorite hardcore mp shooter on the market. Well worth learning how to play if you are up for a challenge.
  40. Dec 1, 2012
    The first few hours you play this game, you'll most likely be very frustrated. Once you figure out where things are, and how the world works. You'll have a great time, and It's unbelievable how well this game handles mass scale battles (300+ people in a small area).

Getting is a squad/platoon of people who actually communicates, and work together, can make for some insanely fun online times.
  41. Nov 21, 2012
    I am not quite sure what everyone is talking about with in game bugs as I have not experienced any game breaking ones over the course of my play time thus far, at least nothing worth giving this game a 0.... The only inexcusable bug would be the total lack of optimization for AMD based processors... I am lucky enough to have had a Intel/Nvidia based system so it runs beautifully for me. I did not play Planetside 1 so I have nothing to base this game on but as it stands I have never played a FPS MMO that is this engaging. I can almost RP in this game, patrolling, guarding, attacking, infiltrating, outposts and small bases on my own. And the sheer volume of players in the large skirmishes on the map is mind boggling. If you have never played the first one and have an Intel Based System give it a shot! Its like no other FPS you have played.. If you are familiar with the first Planetside game you might be a tad disappointed in this one. And since it is free what is there to lose? Bandwidth? Try it out either way your not losing anything.... AMD users wait for a patch. Expand
  42. Jan 21, 2013
    Epic battles in an epic environment, with day and night cycle, feels like an MMO since there are no "rounds", its a persistent world in war. It gives you the choice to engage in big battles, small battles, or maybe camp in the nearby mountains sniping from a far? You choose. Best Battlefield I ever played.
  43. Jan 8, 2013
    One greatest MMOs out there. It makes you feel like an absolute badass when you roll out with an army of tanks and obliterate the bases. I also am deeply in love with the creators of this game, because they aren't money-sucking whores like most MMO creators. It's pretty simple to get the currency needed to buy stuff, this game is the only true free-to-play game around probably. But anyway, this game is all-round really fun. Expand
  44. Apr 3, 2014
    Amazing game. Huge battles including 200 soldiers on one side and 200 more on the other side. There is a lack of tutorial ingame but you can find a lot of helpful videos in youtube. Every update makes this game even better.
  45. Nov 12, 2013
    Never ending wars with hundreds of players on three diverse groups on three different, massive continents. What else? Oh yeah, it's free! If you can run this game, play it! Be anything: from a silent, patient sniper picking off enemy forces from great distances, to being a pilot, massacring ground forces and dog fighting enemy pilots! Join one of three major military groups and even join communities of players in outfits! Play Now! Expand
  46. May 26, 2014
    Pros: Fast gameplay and epic battles. You really can't ask for more out of a free to play game. Great game community. Can be addictive as your job is never truly done in game. No single weapon dominates in all fights. Fight on the ground as one of 5 classes or take to the air in one of 3 types of air units or grab one of several ground units from a two person four wheeler to a 12 person personal carrier. There is now lack of vehicle options in game.

Cons: Suffers from a lack of Meta game. You will find far to many people grinding kills instead of attempting to gain continent control for your faction. This can be frustrating for the true team player yet does not affect solo play as much. Game updates often feel untested prior to launch but are quickly repaired. Learning curve can be a little high so It is recommended to group up with one of the many outfits in game for a helping hand.
  47. Nov 19, 2013
    Played it a bit when it first came out, but got bored with it fairly quickly. Took a long time to get to any real combat. Once you finaly got there it all just didn't feel very fun or exciting.

Then just for the heck of it i tried it again a few weeks ago. This is a decision i do not regret.. The game has improved massively since i last played it. The gameplay is fun and challenging.

This game is what Battlefield was. A TEAM PLAYER game. You don't win anything by playing alone. You win by working as a team. That's where the game shines most. The teamwork.. You can have amazing fun and epic battles when battles are led by commanders that know their tactics. And squads work together.
    If you expect to play this by yourself as you would Battlefield 3. You might aswell head back to that, cause you won't find this fun.

It takes time to get better gear in this game. You can't play for a couple of days and expect to have unlocked 7 new guns and 15 new attachments. You earn Certs as you play the game and with these you can buy new weapons, attachments, vehicle upgrades and upgrades for your Individual classes.
    If you want the better gear, you gotta play longer to get the Certs to buy it. It is not a pay to win game. You can do just fine playing without paying. Though if you are impatient, you will find that it helps, buying a premium account. You really don't need to though. You will find that just buying a grip for you gun for 100 certs/5 good hours of playtime, will show huge improvements. Though it will take a long time to get certs enough for the best gear.
  48. Nov 23, 2012
    Personally so far with the game it is great. The game is rough around the edges but for what it is its very good. The first game sacrificed so much to have what it had and yet people say its better, the shooting was horrible. This game has fixed that, the devs listen to the community. And so many people also complain about technical difficulties, that's not really a game flaw. If you actually searched for the problem you would find it is most likely the render distance option. The lack of in game tutorials is mostly solved by the fact that there are lots of people willing to help you, the game automatically puts you in a squad so you can just ask them. But is it really hard to point and shoot at the people in different colours? My experience with the game was great, seeing huge battles last for days and finally after lots of work taking that continent and then dropping over to another to fight there. I love the game, and for a free game it beats any others I know of. Expand
  49. Jan 13, 2013
    Planetside 2 is pretty dang good. Here are some pros and cons: PROS - 1) Huge maps with tons of bases, outposts, and facilities to capture. 2) Awesome graphics (I have a high end pc so I can't speak for everyone). 3) Combat on a HUGE scale. I've been in battles with 80+ players. 4) Constant tweaking, patches, and bug fixes. Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) is constantly improving and fixing imbalances and glitches. And the developers actually listen to and engage with the Planetside 2 community. 5) It's free. The in game shop is only for aesthetic items (there aren't any hats, sorry) or to unlock weapons early, which you can unlock with certification points you get pretty easily in game - which means you never have to spend a cent to get the full experience. 6) The sound effects are awesome. It really feels like a battle. 7) Faction rivalries. Just a small part of the game and community but extremely entertaining. CONS - 1) There are some inbalances between factions, but nothing serious. 2) You will die. A lot. It's an online, first person shooter. There will be many players better than you or with better performing pc's than you. 3) Vehicles, especially aircraft, make mincemeat of infantry. It's hard when you first start out, but as you get more experience, learn how to fight against vehicles (if you're not in one) and learn to play better (and learn that dying only means a 5-10 second respawn) the game becomes much more fun. 4) You will die a lot. 5) It can be frustrating to play if you're not in an organized group like a squad or outfit. There are many squads and outfits out there. Go join one and see why. Way more fun to cooperate and get tactical. 6) You will die a lot. 7) The maps really are HUGE. It can take a while to get place to place unless you hitch a ride or drive yourself somewhere. 8) You will die a lot. Hopefully you're used to that by now. Don't let it bother you. You won't be an elite spec ops pro soldier on day one.

tl;dr

Get it. Play it. It's free. Don't get frustrated by dying a lot.
  50. Sep 26, 2013
    This game is the best free to play game I have ever played. The battles are huge! probably more than 200 players in a fight. The game however is badly optimized but the game play is great. It requires lots of teamwork and this game is amazing. It is free after all.
  51. Jul 2, 2013
    needs better faster servers,internet. or allow personal servers to play.
    soooo recommend high ram for this game. along graphics1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
  52. Apr 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic. In my opinion, it's better than EA's garbage child - BF4. I actually played this game awhile back. Back when it was in it's **** condition. You know, poor optimizations and stuff. I hopped into it again, and was surprised on how much the performance improved. Which is amazing! Now I can enjoy the game fully.

THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN BF4 OR BF3!
  53. May 23, 2014
    Best Free to play FPS in this moment.
    Not for everyone tho. It rewards only the patient players (to get through all that overwhelming information), they can really enjoy what this game offers.
  54. Jul 17, 2014
    Planetside 2 dwarfs other games, at least in terms of shear size and capability. You can find yourself fighting in battles ranging from only a few players to hundreds, perhaps even thousands of players. However, Planetside 2 being so big comes at a price: Performance.

Let me say, right off the bat, you need a good PC to play this game. Even some top of the line rigs can have trouble
    playing this game on the lowest of settings. However, recently, SOE has been working specifically to improve overall game performance, but still don't expect to play this game on your grandmothers laptop.

Despite the performance issues, Planetside 2 is a very enjoyable game, once you get the hang of it. You may find that the first couple hours you play the game, you might find yourself frustrated. But once you learn some of the basic tactics/strategies, you can become a very good player. But even after you get the hang of it, the learning curve is still quite large, and you may find yourself playing the game for a REALLY long time. I have been playing Planetside 2 for over a year and a half, and I am barely halfway through. However, assuming you can get past that, I'd definitely recommend giving Planetside 2 a shot. It still has plenty of growing room, (I think the developers have a 10-year development cycle!) and as is, there are plenty of great features to be explored.
  55. Jan 9, 2013
    Impossibly huge in scope and scale. I can't believe that it's a free game. The fact that it's an MMO astounds me. Nowhere do I see the slightest gameplay sacrifices because of it, even though the game can support literally thousands of players in a server. This game is a gameplay gem, and a technical masterpiece. There just isn't anything else like it.
  56. Nov 21, 2012
    In a genre that doesn't see an awful lot of games (good ones at that) Planetside 2 sure is a fresh breath of air for me. The choice to go Free 2 Play certainly doesn't hurt the playercount on the large continental maps that SOE have coughed up.

Visually the game has the potential to be great - On par with many modern day shooter if applied a few tweaks to unlock the "Ultra Settings".

The gameplay (the most important aspect of course) is great. Once you join an Outfit (clan) in the game and start playing in groups, you'll really see where PS2 shines. Planning coordinated strikes using a large selection of vehicles and capture (back) bases that are critical to your advance on the enemy.

There is still plenty of room for improvement - continents that aren't "square" shaped being one of my bigger gripes (and the complete lack of water on the playable battlefield), bugs in the marketplace module of the game and various launch day bugs that will hopefully be squashed soon enough.

Final Verdict: 9

Because the game is rather unique in its presentation, it has a dedicated dev team backing it and it shows great potential if nurtured - this may well become the single largest MMOFPS on the market in its lifespan.
  57. Nov 20, 2012
    Been playing this game since the early beta. It has come a long way since then. Optimization is still a must but my god is this game fun. Solid gun mechanics (nearly perfect ttk), great environments, fun vehicles, and excellent team play. Nothing seems severely imbalanced. The outfit (clan) functionality is excellent and the inbuilt voip makes coordination very easy. First game I've seen that people are actually working together efficiently. Once you witness a tank column of 20 rolling through a ravine while you are perched on top looking across the battlefield cloaked as an infiltrator you will realize that no other fps really compares. Landmark achievement. I'm worried that it's high learning curve might scare some people off so please give it a chance and support the game. We need more epic games like this. Expand
  58. Jun 5, 2013
    It started as an 8 at release. The constant development based on direct community feedback has made it a 9 now and by the time it's on PS4 this game will be a 10. It's basically a Battlefield 3 on crack with more Battlefield moments than all Battlefield titles combined.

Why should you play this?
    1.Very solid shooter mechanics, it's out there with the best.
    2. Massive, epic scale
    battles. This game actually feels like you're in a real war.
    3.The designers really listen and interact with the community to constantly make it better. Huge patches with new features every two weeks or so, what other game does this?
    4. Teamwork on an unprecedented level for a shooter. You can play it alone but when you're part of a multiple platoon operation run by your outfit, this is where the game really comes to life.
    5. It's free2play without pay2win. As long as we keep playing it, they're making it more awesome.
  59. Nov 22, 2012
    Great game, played since beta. It's one major flaw is that's it's near impossible to unlock anything, even for a free game. You usually start with simple one point certifications, but then the price skyrockets to 100's for a simple bonus. In fact, there is not a single weapon in the game for under 100 certifications.
  60. Nov 29, 2012
    The game is phenomenal. Its restored my faith in MMOs. There's nothing quite like shooting at a rational target for a change over NPC mobs with deterministic AIs. Player driven content is the future.
  61. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is EPIC, massive battles, medium and small skirmishes in 3 different continents. If you liked any of the Battlefield saga games you will love this one. It takes some time to get used to the mechanics of the game but now there are hundreds of videos showing the basic features/gameplay.. The game gains a lot if you play it along with some friends, up to 12 players in 1 squad. You can join 4 squads to create a platoon so there's enough room for everyone. The unlock system it's a little bit slow, so it's important which upgrades/unlocks you pick, decide carefully. The game requires a good connection and a decent pc. Probably one of the best shooters of the year. Expand
  62. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is amazing capturing immersion and epic sense of war no matter what gamer you owe it to yourself to download it. It can make you rage but the pros far out ways the cons
  63. Dec 6, 2012
    amazing game! best fun you can ever have :)

been playing it for 2 days , very addictive, great graphics, wonderful game play through out.

best online experience I've ever had
  64. Mar 5, 2013
    Great game. Has some issues including cluttered visuals, latency issue, and some player distribution trouble between areas of the map. These are minor complaints in my eyes though. Over all you can always find a good fight if you look hard enough. It is easy to learn, looks great, and isn't a grind Wow clone. What more do you want from an MMO.
  65. Apr 30, 2013
    This game is huge and I found myself immersed in a epic struggle for the domain of territory like I never seen If you like a massive competitive war for the domain of territory this is your game the only down side to it would be that it can get quite frustrating to play alone but so long as you have a group of friends to fight beside you you will have a great time
  66. Jan 12, 2013
    Perfect thrilling game! You only must learn to fight in this game and then everything will be all right. For a newbie this game will be difficult but when you fight together with your brothers-in-arm, when you step by step will study how to win the enemy then you will receive a lot of pleasure playing this game.
  67. Nov 21, 2012
    Great game that will continue to get better! Love it...while there are a few bugs that need some ironing out, this game has a bright future ahead of itself.
  68. Apr 1, 2013
    Planetside 2 is the best MMO of the last 5 years, it is very fun and pretty and addictive, if your PC can run it I highly recommend it (I use a midrange CPU from 3 years ago and a midrange video card I bought in 2012 and I run the game on Ultra just fine)

I'm not sure where the anger comes with regard to difficulty yes, if you try to charge out of your spawn room when you're alone and
    2 platoons are capturing your base you are going to have a bad time, that's how the game works, you're supposed to spawn elsewhere if you get overrun. Also, the cash shop is very reasonable given that the game is totally free to download and all weapons can be earned through gameplay. Many of the most powerful and widely used weapons, like the CARV and the SAW and MBT HEAT rounds are available by default: the SAW and HEAT Rounds in particlar have only become more popular with successive patches. There's no conspiracy by SOE to make default guns worthless Expand
  69. Nov 20, 2012
    Best FPS i've played in a long time. Do you like large open maps? Ok, how about an entire planet?? So much better than Battlefield games, and its FREE. Totally worth at least trying it out.
  70. Nov 20, 2012
    No other game quite like it, 2000 players on a seamless continent makes for some amazing massive battles which can sometimes last for hours. On top of that the game is free, of course there is a cash shop, but all weapons can be earned through gameplay and are made to be 'sidegrades' rather than just power increases.

It can take a while to get a handle of it, there's a lot to take in
    and finding out where you need to go on such massive continents can sometimes be difficult for new players. It all pays off though, well worth a download. Expand
  71. Aug 30, 2013
    I played planetside 1 for many years and looked forward to PS2 in 2012. But on release I hated so much about it that I walked away (back to BF3). Roll on several months to June 2013 and I decided to give it another go and I'm sooooo glad I did. PS2 is now fantastic fun. It feels very polished and there is a huge amount of varied fun to be had. Interestingly in PS1 I played in an outfit throughout but for PS2 I play solo as heavy assault my k/d is nearly 2:1 and contrary to other reviewers I find it very easy to have fun without joining a squad. However I do recommend you walk away from battles which are clearly unwinnable. I'm having so much fun that the ps4/xbox one choice became simple for me PS4 simply because it will have PS2 on it. Expand
  72. Nov 27, 2012
    Planetside 2 is a game that has unbelievable polish for what is a free game. while i admit that it has lag issues and bugs there are moments in this game that are absolutely spectacular. Plus its FREE so go play it for yourself
  73. Nov 21, 2012
    Planetside 2 is a very successful fusion of the FPS shooter with MMO genres. Including very solid first person shooter game play, with customization through unlockable weapons and perks comparable to talents and equipment from your standard mmo. Its a "Free to Play game" and all the weapon choices can be unlocked with time or money. The only things you cant unlock with "cert points" (the game's version of currency used to unlock perks and weapons) are cosmetic items and experience boosts. So i definitely recommend everyone give it a try because nothing can compare with fighting with hundreds of other players to take over a small outpost being defended by hundreds of other players Expand
  74. Nov 25, 2012
    I've paid 60 dollars for games that were less polished, less graphically pretty, less entertaining, less technically brilliant, and balanced worse than this totally free game. Under normal circumstances I might resent the cash shop, but given that the majority of what actually makes you a superior player needs to be unlocked via play and cannot be purchased, and given the fact that the cash shop is the only way that the developers are making money, I have absolutely no qualms. The gameplay is deep and the scale truly massive. Persistent war with hundreds of people fighting over territory in a never-ending battle across three huge continents using infantry as well as ground and air vehicles. They have create an enormous amount of content and made all of it relevant, available to everyone regardless of how much they paid, and crucial to gameplay. When I saw that this game was absolutely free I had my doubts about how deep the gameplay could be, or how much of it would be locked away behind a cash shop, but they really did go above and beyond, providing an experience that many triple-A premium-priced titles fail to deliver without segregating the paying players away from the free players.

I don't know how they did it. But they have managed something brilliant here, and I wish them great success. Not only for breaking new ground and taking a risk on giving their game away for free, but I would love to see more quality titles that follow in their footsteps.
  75. Dec 30, 2012
    I'll be clear, if you are a person who wants a game easy to win, then this game is not for you go play world of warcraft or something for the average player. This game is amazing, in graphics and game play, battles of 200vs200 in one zone is great, you have to use tactics and learn from your errors. join a squad to be coordinated, I started to play this game and died ALOT I got used to the easy FPS games like COD or BF, but this is not easy and makes you want to be better everyday, and is NOT pay to win, you can get everything with game points, the only things you cant buy with game points are just visual nothing else. It's like league of legends. If you don't know how to play find an Outfit, log in the forums, ask for help, look the planet side 2 wiki google it! you will learn. Expand
  76. Dec 26, 2012
    One thing i like is how everyone giving it a bad review complains about dying instantly and stuff being overpowered. I think some people just got owned too hard and wants to go back to easy call of duty.
    This game is really addictive and amazing, with good graphics. They are coming out with regular updates and bug fixes so i dont see why people are complaining. You have access to
    everything that other people do even if you dont pay for the game. Maybe not the comestic stuff but weapons, and vehicle weapons, you just have to earn up certification points which is quite easy once you actually play good. One problem with the game is the infantry render distance. They are not rendered when you are far away which is hard for jets and snipers. But that is being fixed in the next patch.

So, i suggest people giving the game a bad review. Go back to something easier, more casual. Because you cannot handle Planetside 2.
  77. Dec 17, 2012
    PlanetSide2 is an amazing game, unique and normal at the same time. How things look is what strikes you first as you enter the huge world of Auraxis, the game is free2play and still has stunning graphics. The game is a ton of fun to play and keeps you interested because of their level system and the fact that it's so interactive. You have to play as much as possible to take over as much as possible, after all you don't want to let your faction down. Expand
  78. Dec 25, 2012
    Well, I'll be short here. As soon as I figured out what to do and where to go, I fell in love with this game. Maybe the graphics and model movement are not the most vivid thing in Planetside 2, but somehow the atmosphere of massive fights take my breath away as I fly into the battle with my Scyth (Fighter Jet). This is yet my favorite game till Planetside 3, that's for sure!
    I gave this
    game 12/10 but took 2 points for indoor graphics. Bio Labs look poor from inside, so as many other buildings.

Definitely going to recommend this game to everyone in the world!
  79. Dec 21, 2012
    I've been playing Counter-Strike 1.6 since I the day I got internet. Friends from school were talking about that game whole day long and it directly was my favorite game on day one. I have never played such a great game after it...untill now... PlanetSide 2 is perfect. I'm playing this game since the first day of the beta and I have never played Counter-Strike again. The multiplayer experience is amazing, the graphics are very nice, the developers are very helpful and friendly and it's free to play! I am sure that i'm going to play this game for many years to come. Simply said: It's the best game EVER. Expand
  80. Dec 21, 2012
    really great game. i played the beta so had a head start on others in terms of knowing how to play that does take a little while but its good fun. use the map to drop yourself into hotspots (big battles) then experiment with classes and join the fight, dont worry about setting up spawn locations etc more experienced players will do that for you. if you are confused by objectives etc just youtube tutorials or join a squad in game (i think its f11) and fight with them. need to put in a bit of time to learn everything the is to know but once you know that its easy. its basically a massive domination map with 2000 players per continent. just download it and play for yourself, i highly recommend. Expand
  81. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been playing this game since launch and it has gotten much better since then! I have increased my score for the game because the devs have added so much to it since launch and because they continue to add new content every week.
  82. Dec 30, 2012
    this game is a total 10 out of 10 if you play the game as its intended.

right as you log in, go straight to the social button, and join a full squad then press dat insert button.
    youll drop into large COORDINATED battles with your 12 man squad - which can go upto a 48 man platoon. leads up to very fun large scale combat. Game is very balanced for the new people and is f2p.
    Man if you
    wanna actually feel the adrenaline rush of war play this game it does a great job that no other game was able to do. there were glitches but most of them are quickly being patched. and if you run triple screen just use 720p. not recommend for console kitties/lone wolves. Expand
  83. Jan 21, 2013
    The incredible scale of this game is amazing, when you and a few hundred other team mates go head to head with another couple hundred people to try and claim as much land as possible.
    Though at first when you start the game it can be a bit overwhelming mainly because it is so big and so many people to kill you end up learning who is more of a threat and where to spawn to quickly get in
    the fight with out getting killed straight away.
    I thoroughly enjoy this game and will continue to play as it is so different having a good fps mmo game that has such a great community (ask for help and you will probley get it due to the nature of the game you need to help team mates to concore as much ground as possible)
  84. Mar 3, 2013
    This is the dream shooter if you're a certain type of player. It fulfills the promise of Battlefield 2. Remember squad based com and objectives setting? Remember driving to the front in a variety of vehicles while planning strategy? And large scale? This game does all these things, and better. Communication, team strategy, opening up new flanks with mobile spawn points, a flanker class, combined arms, a map with strategic features that lives and changes, coordination in a small squad up to a platoon of 48 or several platoons, ...in short team strategy and tactics in large scale shooter! What's more, they got the pay to play (not pay to win) model right and the development model is a thing of beauty. Here we have devs playing all over the game, in clans (or 'outfits'), broadcasting and generally dialoguing with the players all the time. Rich community. They have a roadmap where players set dev objectives. They iterate and patch nearly at the level of a League of Legends. And all in discourse with the players. Heck, there are many continents to come.

Other stuff: sniping as a real thing (not strictly CoD style twitch sniping), stealth against real human beings, vehicles (tanks, atv's, fighters, gun ships and transports), emergent story up the wazoo, whole swathes of the game that emphasizes priorities other than twitch shooting (egs. leading w teamwork/objectives, hacking systems, healing, repairing, spotting...) There is much to dig into and learn to up your game. This is a great, great shooter. It's f-in' free. Check it.
  85. Feb 26, 2013
    Gonna go ahead and give this game a 10. I've never given anything a 10. Ocarina of time? Nah, that deserved a 9.5 at most. World of Warcraft? maybe a 7 for effort but Planetside 2 delivers on nearly every concept I've wanted in a video game since I've started playing them nearly 20 years ago. I've played 80+ hours of this game since the start of February... and I'm not the type to play games that much. It's seriously scary how addictive this game can be.

For those who dislike this game upon first play, Planetside 2 gives you as much as you put into it. You can't really just "jump in" unfortunately you've got to give it time, look up videos for newbs, and learn the basics. If you're a leading type, this game is for you. You can head your own platoons against the enemy forces using Air, Land vehicles, and Infantry forces all with a wide assortment of specialized weaponry and abilities. It's truly amazing how much variation there can be between players. Communication is key to winning and gathering large groups for organized assaults. If you're not much for talking to other people online, you're going to have a hard time having fun with planetside 2.
  86. Xel
    Mar 5, 2013
    This needs to be made clear to everyone up front, this game is not a solo COD style of FPS... if you want infantry based COD go play COD otherwise welcome to Planetside were massive ground and air vehicle battles take place that require team work and communication. This is a MMOFPS that like practically EVERY MMO out there will require to your grind your character's weapons and upgrades. If you don't want to do that don't play it. It is clearly not pay to win as the less informed seem to write since everyone cane unlock the exact same weapons. It is pay to not grind. Game updates and patches are being released on a weekly basis to fix issues and add content on a regular basis. This game is also played on a large scale with lots of vehicles, team play and coordination if you are not interested in those things you are going to have a bad time (like I said if you want solo COD style of play this game is not for you). Expand
  87. Mar 13, 2013
    Others like me thought Battlefield 3 was amazing. The hug maps, huge lobbies. I thought nothing could get bigger. Then I saw Planetside 2. I never thought that SOE would make another Planetside. I was so excited for it, but the sad part was when I signed up for the beta I found out my PC could not run it so I was handing beta keys left and right. Then after the game fully launched was I able to get a new PC and the first game I downloaded was Planetside 2. Man oh man is it fun. It holds true to what PS1 had. The massive map (one base is about as large as a BF3 map and there are 3 continents a snow one, jungle one and a desert one), massive battles (you've got about 60 people attacking a smaller base while you can get 100s of people assaulting the main bases and another 100 defending it) and the best part. The game never ends. There are no rounds. The game is an on going battle and does not and never will end. The few problems with the game is the lack of a tutorial. It gives you a quick 30 second intro video with your factions music and announcer and then you're dropping down in a drop pod in the middle of a battle so it's best you join a clan. There are tons of clans recruiting through the forums and most if not all use Teamspeak, vent, or mumble. The in-game VOIP could use some working on but other wise it's decent. Over all the game is amazing once you start playing. Expand
  88. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is essentially everything I imagined in my 'army' fantasies as a kid. Remember when you used to run around with your mates pretending to shoot stuff and blow each other up? Well this is it writ large. Huge battles with air, armour and soldiers lighting up the night with tracer fire and rockets. It's such an intense experience that will probably leave you quite addicted. I know it did me.

It's also quite nice to see the devs really putting in the effort and being responsive to the community with weekly patches and updates. I see a lot of longevity in this game. I should also point out that the community is a lot more mature than most and are usually a pleasure to interact with.

Gold star. A+
  89. Jun 5, 2013
    Summary: An excellent game that allows FPS action on a scale above your average shooter
    Pros: Free-to-play done right, epic FPS battles, fantastic co-operative experiences
    Cons: Resource hog, steep learning curve

I love Planetside 2. The game itself is fantastic, giving players access to a three-way war between factions each with their own style and gameplay traits. Released in
    November 2012, the game is constantly being improved with new content. On the day of writing, the tenth major update has been released.

Planetside 2 is, at heart, a shooter. But it's a unique one. While most shooters are designed around small-scale and 1v1 encounters, Planetside 2 (hereafter 'PS2') is designed around massive battles with hundreds of players and assorted vehicles. As a result, the game experience is truly unique.

It is also free to play. Some reviewers have said that the game is pay-to-win, but I strongly disagree. All weapons in the game (with the exception of identical weapons of different colours) can be unlocked with the in-game currency 'certs', which are automatically given along with experience. As such, it is simple to unlock a weapon. You may not have every weapon, but that's unimportant the stock weapons are in no way bad, and are designed around catering to most playstyles. Other weapons will be better at, say, long-range firefights, but lacking in close quarters, so you can unlock/buy a weapon that better suits you, but you won't be worse off with the default equipment.

The battles are amazing. Often, a single base will have over 300 players fighting over it, in a two-way or three-way battle that can go on for hours. This provides a real sense of accomplishment when you finally take that base, or when, at last, the enemy stops attacking and you begin the counterattack! The game's huge maps ensure that there are plenty of unique locations to fight over!

Furthermore, the game is not really designed around individual encounters; rather, it is designed on an empire versus empire basis. Sure, you might have a stock character, but your faction will have many players who have unlocked every weapon in the game. In PS2, you will lose if you're ill-equipped to the situation, but the individual player is simply a tiny part of the massive battles.

The 'new player experience' (or 'tutorial', as most players call it) is, to be honest, somewhat lacking. The developers have stated that they wish to improve it and, now, you get a chance to learn the basics of movement and combat before you're dropped into the biggest battle the server can find! The game can be hard to get into, but it's worth it once you get there.

Where PS2 really shines is in co-operative play. Groups of players (known as 'outfits') will use VOIP and suchlike to organise massive operations, from tank formations to airborne drops. Joining an outfit, or even creating your own, will allow you to experience PS2 at its best. There are many outfits that are happy to accept new players try checking the forums or asking in-game.

PS2 is a resource hog. As such, check the recommended specs before you download! The players who say that they can't run it probably don't meet the specs, and if you don't either, then your PC will struggle that's what the specs mean! Bear in mind that the devs are constantly working on making the game rub better since release, I've seen a 10 frames/second increase in heavy combat, with about 30-40 frames/second increase in less populated zones, with improvement every update.
  90. Jun 5, 2013
    The sheer scale and organization of PlanetSide 2 really overwhelms a new player, the thrill of running along with hundreds of teammates, doing large scale operations, is just one of a kind.
    Not to mention that its graphics are basically god-tier, up there with Crysis and Battlefield for sure.
  91. Jun 20, 2013
    This is a good f2p game it is not pay to win yes the beginning is chaotic but after an hour or two or with the help of some good leaders you the game becomes really enjoyable it is the best simulation of a real chaotic war this game is not really great if you try being a lone wolf but if you play with others the game is so much fun and ive ranked up without paying a dime
  92. Oct 27, 2013
    Great fun for those who learn to play it, Most of the performance problems have been taken care of as well as the balance problems. There is simply nothing else like it.
  93. Jan 25, 2014
    Planetside 2 is an intriguing mix of FPS, open world tactics, ATV driving madness. The game is very fun and the battles are gigantic, but it falls short on its "Pay to Win" pathways. Just because you've spent weeks on the game trying to get enough certifications to buy the next cardboard box doesn't mean you stand a chance against a level 1 who used real money to get the gold-plated cardboard box with a scope. That aside, the action is fast-paced, classes and factions are mostly well balanced and all around it's a game about teamwork, which adds a refreshing element to modern online FPS games. Expand
  94. May 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. YES!!! I was in a battle at the crown with a grand total of 500+ people!(I am Vanu, and we only had ~50 people there, and the graph showed we were 10% of the people there. Btw, you need a really good computer to play. I use a amd fx 8350 and a gtx 760. I play ultra settings, but the LAG when you have hundreds of people. A** kicking fun when you just see chaos XD) (Btw, smoke grenades and emp grenades=TROLOLOL in these situations...you mess up hundreds of elmos and smurfs(TR and NC) Expand
  95. Mar 9, 2013
    My journey with this game started with frustration, I've installed game from Steam, wanted to fly, but joystick didn't work back then.. I came back few months later, and... everything worked great. I don't play a lot games, and I didn't play multi-player except for Starcraft 2 which was uber frustrating. But. after 80+ hours of play I can say that Planetside 2 is unique and very addictive With great number of classes, vehicles, tactics, and ways to develop your character gameplay is one of the best I've seen in my whole life. So, play, play, play and see you on the The Crown shouting "your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" Expand
  96. Nov 23, 2012
    i have to give props to sony online entertainment for actually trying to make a triple-A MMOFPS title AND doing a great job at it!!!!!! most FPS games that come out now have a story mode and an online mode, while i believe that it should be one or the other (story mode OR online mode). if you love online FPS, you're gonna love planetside 2!!!!!!
  97. Nov 20, 2012
    Now, I think we can all agree that most of today's FPS could use a little more time in the oven, baking out all those little glitches and what not, and the same could be said here, but this here is still pretty damn tasty. I have watched PlanetSide 2 grow from the early stages of beta into its release and if there is one thing I am very happy about, is the community side support. The game took huge strides with improvement when it game to game play during some patches. Of course like most betas, the bugs ensued with new patches, but as the last ones came out, most of them were gone. This game really does deliver when it comes to large scale battles and every battle has the decision between brute force or using tactics. Teamwork and a good gun at your side are always a must. Ground or Air Vehicles. Lasers or bullets. Your choice really stands true here.
    Keep in mind this is also an MMOFPS so the action is not always a constant, and part of the problem solving in the game is getting from base to base. Although, they did a fantastic job of fixing the problem of logging in and not being able to get to a battle. Now you can spawn on your squad leader at beginning and that makes everyone happy. This really is going to be a great game for a very very long time, especially if the community support is as good as it has been.
  98. Nov 20, 2012
    A truely awesome, epic game. Everythign is well done. And these is just so much to do. You will not see huge FPS battles with tanks and planes Anywhere else. Love it!
  99. Nov 21, 2012
    Epic mmofps . Thousands of players all on the same map.
    The first planetside was revolutionary the 2nd is much the same. It's in my all time if not the best game I have ever played. I can't recommend this enough! First time player has a bit of a learning curve but get in a good squad and or platoon and the fun really starts!
  100. Nov 21, 2012
    Planetside 2, where do I start. First I must say that this game has revolutionized the way I have thought about FPS games. Most people work as teams, and this game has you making friends and following people into huge battles. This game is still amazing and I've been playing since priority beta. Good job SOE!
  101. May 22, 2013