PlanetSide 2 PC

7.0

1. Nov 27, 2012
    This is a very addictive game and one that is well thought out although the execution is rough. It is a bit rushed and there are some HUGE balance issues (objective data has been assembled showing a massive advantage to the VS over the TR - slightly - but especially over the NC being in the basement in terms of Infantry and vehicles - particularly in the time to kill ratings) but thisThis is a very addictive game and one that is well thought out although the execution is rough. It is a bit rushed and there are some HUGE balance issues (objective data has been assembled showing a massive advantage to the VS over the TR - slightly - but especially over the NC being in the basement in terms of Infantry and vehicles - particularly in the time to kill ratings) but this game is MUCH more about team work. If you try to Rambo this game and run and gun like any idiot in BF3 you will find you are killing your team mates, getting weapon locked and being hated by your side. In this game - friendly fire WILL kill you and no there are no servers where you can turn that off. The action is intense and the coordination required is at times mind blowing. The biggest issues in the game currently are technical followed by the need to better balance the factions. But this is an amazing game. You can be very effective with base equipment, but if you are like me and have a particular way you like to play, you will need to unlock a gun or two and some features for your vehicles. Realistically I would say that you could invest $25 and be set. The membership is only needed if you don't like standing in a queue. Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Free to play alone sells this game, but add to it high production values, massive maps, huge player counts, one of the most complex perk upgrade systems in any game i've seen, good graphics... the only real weak spot of the game is floaty controls but other than that, it's a must have for any PC gamer.
  3. Dec 6, 2014
    It keeps getting better and better with every patch ! PLEASE NOTE that most negative reviews are OUTDATED since the game has changed massively over the last two years. A lot of problems are much smaller or aren't there any more !
    Only in this game battles with literally hundreds of people, on foot or in land/air vehicles.
    The graphics are really good too especially if you consider this
    The graphics are really good too especially if you consider this game's grand scale.
    With 5 different classess and 6 vehicles, and 4 continent to fight for it's hard to be bored.
    It has its share of problems though: sometimes the battles are just not going good for your faction and it's hard to find a satysfying one. Balance of the factions is somewhat lackluster often leading to one factin dominating the others on a specific server.
    Most people claim this game has a steep learning curve, which is probably true, it took me quite a while to grasp the basics. Yes, there are tutorials but you may need to force yourself at first or watch youtube videos with guides.
    There is no other game like it and I strongly recommend it to shooter fans. The game heavily supports playing in a squad, but I usually lone wolf and it's really fun, nothing more satisfying than pulling a Rambo-like feat as a heavy assault or sneak behind enemy lines and sabotage the enemy base with the infiltrator. 8/10
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    Large battles featuring up to 2000 players per continent and is a complete blast, never had so much fun with an online FPS in my whole gaming-life PlanetSide 2 is awesometacular
  5. Feb 14, 2013
    Downloaded the game today, HOLY it was awesome, massive battles, air, sea, land everything!, this game is like a dream, it's so epic, it's what games should be like. AND FOR FREE!!!
  6. Nov 27, 2012
    AS a PS1 player it wasn't hard for me to get into PS2, and its by far a better game from the get go. The game runs pretty smooth for me and its got to be one of the most beautiful games to date, especially for how many players can be active at one time. It tops all multiplayer games in epicness. Its got its issues, but what new game doesn't, especially in the mmo department. The vehiclesAS a PS1 player it wasn't hard for me to get into PS2, and its by far a better game from the get go. The game runs pretty smooth for me and its got to be one of the most beautiful games to date, especially for how many players can be active at one time. It tops all multiplayer games in epicness. Its got its issues, but what new game doesn't, especially in the mmo department. The vehicles could be better but I feel I cannot judge them as you have to unlock so much potential which leaves me to this: I would rate it a 10/10 if it weren't for the FTP system. I think this game should have had a price tag and FTP system for cosmetics, but the unlocks take far to long to unlock and I'm not a fan of spending cash on items I don't even know if I will like. But for the base free game, spend a few dollars and you can have a butt load of fun in battles larger than anything you will see in that **** COD game. Expand
  7. Jun 7, 2014
    I need to start this review informing you that I HATE free to play games.

I need to start this review informing you that I HATE free to play games.

But, this is the only one other than league of legends that I find somewhat fair in their model. - My only gripe about this game is when they release a new weapon.. they make it super awesome so everyone buys it.. then after a week and the sales start to slow down.. NERF! .. ask anyone when the shotgun first came out compared to now.. or the phoenix rocket launcher.

For the game play, 10/10... Love it!

Battles are legendary! The sheer size and scale of the armies that siege your fortress or bio-lab are amazing!

Guns are pretty balanced and each faction has unique art styles and few play styles that differentiate them for the others.

I like the pace of combat way more than COD and battlefield and the system of how you can upgrade your gear is a nice touch.

overall, I will be playing this game for many years to come.
  8. Apr 23, 2014
    1st, WTH are people ripping into the game for? saying there is no character devleopment? so? on BF and COD, i dont remember character development besides perks and weapons, this isnt an RPG game, its a game where you kill 200 of the other enemy on 3 different maps.

I didnt have to P2W to be good at this game. if your good at BF and COD then you will be good on this game. yes at 1st it drops you into the middle of a battle but unless your not looking when you die, you can pick to respawn in a different area or even the HQ(which is also a safe area and no fighting) which constantly has land vehicles or air vehicles picking up people and going off to battle. besides that you can spawn your own land or air vehicle to fly off in, the only problem with this is if you log in when the game is slow, then your driving or flying off on your own.

some people were moaning that you cannot heal "heavies" you can, its called repairing like you would a tank, they are mechanical and so you cant be a medic and heal them but you can repair them like a tank.

also no objective? it has more of an objective then BF and COD, instead of mindless killing which is fun, you also need to take over bases and mindlessly kill, with tanks, 4 wheeler things, troop transports, airships, air jet things, or on foot.

there is friendly fire and that makes a chaotic battle a mess if you have a bunch of foot traffic and tanks rolling through, happens on BF, so it seems all the people who gave this game a 4 or less havent played those other games i mentioned(call of duty and battlefield) since they cannot handle this game.

you had to spend 60$ to get those games but can play this for free, so dont expect to get every single weapon for free but i have seen that i can get most weapons by getting the points from playing the game on my own, and i didnt have to pay to win to be good at this game.

the only time i didnt like playing this game was when it was slow and no one on my faction was hardly on, i still found it fun harassing the bigger army and just taking over random stuff. also the other bad point, if your comp isnt up to snuff like mine, then it will be super laggy or unplayable, so im waiting on it to release to PS4, atleast i hope it will, otherwise i will have to upgrade my comp so i can play it.

its a fun game and worth trying out, its not P2W, it does have things you can pay money and get the items or some weapons faster but when you have 2 dozen of the other faction running at you, then that rifle you spent cash on is not gonna help you and as i said you can get the weapons with the points you earn from killing, defending or taking over positions, so its fun and not grinding to earn the weapons on your own and unless you get into a 1 on 1 battle(lucky you if you do) i dont think the weapon they have will matter too much.

also remember to those that are not familiar with this game and are thinking about it for the PC or PS4 when it comes out, this is where you have 3 different very big maps, and 1,000 or more peiple on each server which each has the 3 maps, so your gonna have on each map normally 100 or more of each faction, that means 100 people helping you fight, while you have 200 or more of the other factions fight you( there are 3 factions in all) so 3 armies all trying to take over big and small bases all over the map, and there are no rounds, just constant fighting. i have experianced myself 1 battle over a big base lasting for 3 hours, so no one won until enough of the other faction had to log off or give up, if you love constant fighting then you will enjoy this game, its non-stop.
  9. Nov 25, 2012
    The core gameplay is fun, albeit with a few annoyances. The epic scale with smooth gameplay is very impressive. The game is addicting and causes time to fly by.

Pros: Massive scale, very fun, extremely team oriented. VOIP communication is critical for tactical gameplay. Play the way you want. Support classes are totally viable. Air combat is amazingly fun. Cons: The business model.

Cons: The business model. Free to play, but takes 6 months at 25 hours a week to max just one infantry and one vehicle. Subscribers who have bought a few weapons and boosts can do that in 3 weeks. Costs maybe $50 + $15 a month. Simply put, infrequent free players are going to be at a disadvantage. The game is definitely designed to sucker people into buying station cash. I have already spent $180 on the game and have a moderate advantage over new players, but hopefully that advantage will fade after 6 months or so.

The graphics do not appear to be state of the art because the ultra setting was removed from the game at the very end of beta due to stability issues. The game is not multithreaded, which is a big problem for people with slower CPUs or even high end AMD CPUs. i5 and i7 CPUs are required to have satisfactory framerates on high settings. CPU clock speed directly affects framerates (GPU not so much), so overclockers benefit a lot.

The annoyances to which I was refering are the invulnerable shield spawn locations where stalemate battles may continue for often 30 minutes at a time. I find these annoying and they are the epitome of spawning camping. You can literally die 20 times in 5 minutes to spawn camping. Some people like this, but I hate it.
  10. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is halo/battlefield on steroids, and surprisingly its free. I use a weapon that has the highest RPM in my faction. So I win most close to mid range encounters and I only paid 250 creds for it, so the game is not pay to win. The only down side is the story line is simple, and the game takes a while to get used to because the tutorial is crap. In conclusion, it is probably the bestThis game is halo/battlefield on steroids, and surprisingly its free. I use a weapon that has the highest RPM in my faction. So I win most close to mid range encounters and I only paid 250 creds for it, so the game is not pay to win. The only down side is the story line is simple, and the game takes a while to get used to because the tutorial is crap. In conclusion, it is probably the best fps I have played in a long time, and that is mainly because of the enormity of the battles and number of players involved is something to be seen to be believed. Expand
  11. Dec 2, 2012
    It is a shame that it is released too quickly, you can definitely spot a lot of thing that are wrong with the game at this point, but whatever the case, i feel like this game deserves to do well, i wasn't sure if an FPS and MMO mixed together would work, but i was luckily very wrong, it's so good,
  12. Oct 28, 2014
    Ruined my life.

Highly Recommended.

One of the most intense, insane and challenging games you will ever play.

My advice, spawn, look for cover and discover how to play your own way.
  13. Feb 14, 2013
    I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Anyone who rated this below a seven simply didn't bother to put the time into it. It badly needs a tutorial, which is why this didn't hit a perfect ten, but for chrissakes, PLAY a game before you damn it. Besides, there are tutorial vids that it shoves in your face in the gorram launcher but hell, I've been playing since before those, and it onlyI'm going to keep this short and sweet. Anyone who rated this below a seven simply didn't bother to put the time into it. It badly needs a tutorial, which is why this didn't hit a perfect ten, but for chrissakes, PLAY a game before you damn it. Besides, there are tutorial vids that it shoves in your face in the gorram launcher but hell, I've been playing since before those, and it only took me about a half hour to figure everything out. Stop pissing yourselves and wrecking the score on an awesome game. Out. Expand
  14. Nov 3, 2013
    Okay, imagine a game like Battlefield (without the destruction)- great battles, with ground, infantry, and air vehicles battling eachother. Now imagine those battles, but on a MASSIVE scale- and I mean like an entire planet being the the map, and three 200-man armies fighting against each other.

That is Planetside 2- epic battles on a MASSIVE scale.
  15. Jun 28, 2014
    Gorgeous.
    Even if this was a Pay-To-Play game, i would give more than enough to play this masterpiece!
    Perfect tactics that you must play to advance your squad/platoon and storm the front You do need to give it at least 2 hours to get used to the controls of it, when you do it is amazing. Graphics are top-notch! Game-play is fresh and new! Sounds are clear and great! Play this
    Gorgeous.
    Graphics are top-notch!
    Game-play is fresh and new!
    Sounds are clear and great!
    Play this game!!!
    but you do need a good rig to play it.
  16. Feb 22, 2013
    Most of the people that gave this game a poor score have not a PC that manages to run it properly. This is a fact. You need a high-end machine to appreciate this awesome MMOFPS to whom I can't find any real lack, a part a bit of lacking content. Its gameplay is fun and immersive and it just needs more development. Since it is fullt free to play I cannot give it anything less than a top score.
  17. Mar 9, 2013
    I like this game a lot. You can have to 2000 players per game continent, which means 6000 players per server, can you beat that? It's always fun to engage in massive battles with hundreds of players on your side fighting off the opposing team while trying to capture their base. The only problems I have with this game is that collecting certs to purchase upgrades to a bit too long and thatI like this game a lot. You can have to 2000 players per game continent, which means 6000 players per server, can you beat that? It's always fun to engage in massive battles with hundreds of players on your side fighting off the opposing team while trying to capture their base. The only problems I have with this game is that collecting certs to purchase upgrades to a bit too long and that you need a fairly high end pc to play it properly. Overall, it's very recommended. Expand
  18. Mar 24, 2013
    It is clearly pay 2 win, the balance is a piece of (shotguns anybody?), every patch brins in new inbalances and bugs, however it's still lots of fun to play for some reason
  19. Jan 16, 2013
    Planetside 2 is not your typical CoD or BF shooter game. It has a steep, but satisfying learning curve. It does well on bringing large scale fights to the battlefield. This game is about team play, so don't think you can come in and solo everything. The game does face bugs, balancing, and optimization issues; however, they should be addressed shortly.
  20. Dec 1, 2012
    This game is far from being completed and will likely be added to for years. What they have already is amazing, and they are constantly patching and adding more stuff. If you are not working with a group, the game is not the same honestly. If you have a full platoon of 48 people all working together? Oh my god the feeling is unmatched. The feeling of turning the tide of a major battleThis game is far from being completed and will likely be added to for years. What they have already is amazing, and they are constantly patching and adding more stuff. If you are not working with a group, the game is not the same honestly. If you have a full platoon of 48 people all working together? Oh my god the feeling is unmatched. The feeling of turning the tide of a major battle involving hundreds of players? It is amazing! Orders are given and things get done and it is one of the most rewarding feelings I have ever had in any game ever. The game still needs a ton of work, but it is getting better daily. It is also free to play so really, there is no reason not to try it. Expand
  21. Dec 12, 2012
    Incredible. A few bugs here and there but will be ironed out carving this game into a 10/10 no doubt. It's quite difficult to get into and is very confusing at the beginning but stick with it and you'll be fighting like the best in no time. The scale of this game really is like nothing you've seen before and the wide variety of roles will keep me playing for a long time.
  22. Feb 14, 2013
    Planetside 2 is one of the more enjoyable multiplayer FPS games I have spent time in. Better than Blackops 2 in many respects. The combat is solid and I feel competitive even against veteran players. I do die a lot, but I get killed repeatedly in every FPS game I play. The land mass is huge and I have a lot of fun flying, riding vehicles, or just running between capture points. The gamePlanetside 2 is one of the more enjoyable multiplayer FPS games I have spent time in. Better than Blackops 2 in many respects. The combat is solid and I feel competitive even against veteran players. I do die a lot, but I get killed repeatedly in every FPS game I play. The land mass is huge and I have a lot of fun flying, riding vehicles, or just running between capture points. The game excels when a epic battle occurs. I have had some spectacular battle scenes containing seemingly hundreds of people fighting to capture a point. Of course, there are flaws. You die fast and it can take a significant amount of time to level. However, the negatives are very similar to those in Blackops or Modern Warfare in general (fast death, re-spawns, lack of real objective other than leveling, unlocks can take a lot of patience). The game has a cash shop which is a plus and a minus (you can get just about everything free if you are patient enough). I liked the game enough to purchase in game currency for a few appearance items, and a experience buff. Overall, I think the huge world, vehicles, and large scale multiplayer set the game apart from the competition. Expand
  23. Mar 27, 2014
    Planetside 2 used to be a bit hard to get into but with improved tutorials and better objective setting, I'd say this is my favorite massively multiplayer game at this point. If you're interested in something with a bit more complexity and a bigger scale than the recent battlefield installments: go with this.
  24. Nov 28, 2012
    I have no clue what people are talking about this is the best f2p game of all time no questions asked. Play it on a decent pc then come back complaining. There are no lag or bugs or whatnot people are complaining about.
  25. Dec 10, 2012
    The game is fun none the less but has fllaws..
    Graphics: + Phsyx is in this game (but currently turned off)
    + The environment and changing of day and night is a nice touch - blurry/low res areas - Not really something special compared to other games but due to the size of the planet... its good Gameplay: + The game is a nice futuristic game and plays out well and is much more
    The game is fun none the less but has fllaws..
    Graphics: + Phsyx is in this game (but currently turned off)
    + The environment and changing of day and night is a nice touch
    - blurry/low res areas

Gameplay:
    + The game is a nice futuristic game and plays out well and is much more exciting than halo 4
    + It really draws you into the war feeling since there is a lot going on
    + Vehicles are fun and useful
    + You can upgrade basically anything you want to and use the classes you like the best or all of them
    - When you are cornered the game feels like a repetitive camp fest where the other team wont back off and you continuously die BUT if you spawn elsewhere there isn't really any helping the team fight at all.
    - bugs, bugs , bugs, bugs, and more bugs... Some people with lag or bad computers teleport and go through walls... some people can be looking 1 way on your screen and actually be looking at you on yours.

Sounds:
    + Nice in game music (AT TIMES)
    + Have their own sounds for guns
    - You can randomly hear people talk on their mic that aren't in your squad - Not really the best "killed by" screen..

Other:
    + You can buy skins, etc. to pimp out your characters/vehicles
    - You can buy weapons, etc. instead of saving up to purchase them with in game currency so in a way it's too easy for some to have much better weapons.

The game is fun, new, frustrating at times, and buggy. Basically it evens out although it still needs some polishing and the performance isn't really the best I've seen but that's okay since it just came out.
  26. Feb 8, 2013
    Great MMOFPS. It requires team-play and concentration. Although it has solid graphics, there are way to many bugs. Shooting, sound, the ideas and the maps are great. This game is Pay2Win that sucks But, you don't have to pay a dime to be pro at it.
  27. Jan 14, 2013
    COD fan boys beware! PlanetSide 2 does not focus on holding your hand till you nuke the map, pretending you obtained this with any form of skill involved. Know that this game is challenging, rewarding and hardcore. If you're looking for a AAA massive shooter, this is your only option. Just look at the negative reviews and laugh as the same Modern Warf@gs cry about how the game is not aCOD fan boys beware! PlanetSide 2 does not focus on holding your hand till you nuke the map, pretending you obtained this with any form of skill involved. Know that this game is challenging, rewarding and hardcore. If you're looking for a AAA massive shooter, this is your only option. Just look at the negative reviews and laugh as the same Modern Warf@gs cry about how the game is not a super easy bore-fest. Chest out, chin up, this is war! There is no room for cry babies on the battlefield! Expand
  28. Mar 13, 2013
    If you are a CoD child, dont bother. You will die a lot, and will whine and cry, because you are used to no-skill tiny corridor shooters.

If you like larger size games, vehicle gameplay and tactics, this is the game for you. Children who are easily frustrated and think they are 'super leet' need not apply. Read the negative reviews here to see how idiotic you have to be to dislike the game. Basically every bad review is a butthurt 12 year old.
  29. Jun 6, 2013
    Type of fps game that I like teamplay or you will lose. Fight hundreds of soldiers for part of continent just amazed me, I never saw something like this. (Its just wow!) Game is free to play and all unlocks are available for f2p players. Only thing that I dislike is hardware req that you need to actually run it all mainstream-high end stuff from last gens...
  30. Oct 26, 2013
    This is a good game that suffers from the demanding specs. If you have a good pc then you'll love PlanetSide 2.
    Just remember guns are like the price of a Triple A title!

1. May 10, 2013