7.0

1. Nov 24, 2012
    If i was one of the lovely people that gave this game a negative review, I COULD have said something about how the game doesn't run at top speed on my non-gaming computer. I COULD have poked at the fact that it's not the most noob friendly at times. But if I did that, i would be forgetting the part where the game has a) an extremely large map for a shooter b) some sense of teamwork that noIf i was one of the lovely people that gave this game a negative review, I COULD have said something about how the game doesn't run at top speed on my non-gaming computer. I COULD have poked at the fact that it's not the most noob friendly at times. But if I did that, i would be forgetting the part where the game has a) an extremely large map for a shooter b) some sense of teamwork that no other multiplayer shooter has and c) pvp battles in a scale that has never before been seen in any game. Really, a few weeks ago i got in a tank battle that had at least 1000 people duking it out across an entire valley. If 'modern shooter' means '20 person death match' to you, then you can keep your modern shooter. I'll take this instead. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    COMPACT REVIEW FOR TLDR: Planetside 2 will not run on 'standard' systems easily. Planetside 2 is everything that it said it is (FPS,MMO,RPG,Free Roam,Very Customizable,Huge Battles). It is free so try it, and don't downgrade it because your system is not up to date. It is made to play with groups of buddies, but fun either way. The Graphics are awesome. The game is not played for story. ItCOMPACT REVIEW FOR TLDR: Planetside 2 will not run on 'standard' systems easily. Planetside 2 is everything that it said it is (FPS,MMO,RPG,Free Roam,Very Customizable,Huge Battles). It is free so try it, and don't downgrade it because your system is not up to date. It is made to play with groups of buddies, but fun either way. The Graphics are awesome. The game is not played for story. It is 100% pvp. There are tanks, apcs, atv, and futuristic aircraft you can fly + more. SOE is not amazing, but these devs are funny and put time into what they do. I have only given 3 or so games a 9/10 in my life, this game is one of them. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    No other game quite like it, 2000 players on a seamless continent makes for some amazing massive battles which can sometimes last for hours. On top of that the game is free, of course there is a cash shop, but all weapons can be earned through gameplay and are made to be 'sidegrades' rather than just power increases.

It can take a while to get a handle of it, there's a lot to take in

It can take a while to get a handle of it, there's a lot to take in and finding out where you need to go on such massive continents can sometimes be difficult for new players. It all pays off though, well worth a download.
  4. Nov 22, 2012
    I played the original Planetside and tested this one since the tech test. This game is definitely the sequel of the original MMOFPS. Planetside 2 is MASSIVE and unique with thousands of players across three factions playing simultaneously on the same server. The Sony developers took on a behemoth of a job to recreate the feelings of warfare on monumental scale all around you, that familiarI played the original Planetside and tested this one since the tech test. This game is definitely the sequel of the original MMOFPS. Planetside 2 is MASSIVE and unique with thousands of players across three factions playing simultaneously on the same server. The Sony developers took on a behemoth of a job to recreate the feelings of warfare on monumental scale all around you, that familiar feeling from Planetside where at any minute you could be walking, driving, or flying into a three-way faction showdown. The gun play has been brought up to date and feels responsive and tight as a modern first person shooter should they also have new realistic vehicle physics. The game is built around customization and has so many options your head will spin; you can upgrade your starting weapons, purchase new side-grades from the Depot, and even customize your unique solider or vehicle with different armor and camouflage. Everything in game is purchasable with certifications that you unlock during game play which is very rare for 'Free-to-play' games; you can play the whole game and never spend a penny if you wish. The only thing that you must spend money on is personal customization skins for your solider, vehicles, and weapons; which is not needed for advancement. The developers motto is this game will NEVER be 'Pay-to-win' and they have kept their word. The game play mechanics aren't brand new but they are very coherent and are built from the ground up to support team play. The continents are divided by hexagonal bases that can be captured by any of the three factions. Controlling land is very important because different bases give resources that the factions use to purchase vehicles, grenades, personal med-packs, and other personal items needed for war. Planetside 2 also has a brand new meta game that allows a unified faction to dominate a continent and lock-out the other two factions which gives the winning faction unique passive bonuses for their war machine. There is a lot more that this game has in store for it's players and all this is just the beginning! Thank you for reading my review of the game and I hope to see you on the battlefield! Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    A truely awesome, epic game. Everythign is well done. And these is just so much to do. You will not see huge FPS battles with tanks and planes Anywhere else. Love it!
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    Been playing this game since the early beta. It has come a long way since then. Optimization is still a must but my god is this game fun. Solid gun mechanics (nearly perfect ttk), great environments, fun vehicles, and excellent team play. Nothing seems severely imbalanced. The outfit (clan) functionality is excellent and the inbuilt voip makes coordination very easy. First game I've seenBeen playing this game since the early beta. It has come a long way since then. Optimization is still a must but my god is this game fun. Solid gun mechanics (nearly perfect ttk), great environments, fun vehicles, and excellent team play. Nothing seems severely imbalanced. The outfit (clan) functionality is excellent and the inbuilt voip makes coordination very easy. First game I've seen that people are actually working together efficiently. Once you witness a tank column of 20 rolling through a ravine while you are perched on top looking across the battlefield cloaked as an infiltrator you will realize that no other fps really compares. Landmark achievement. I'm worried that it's high learning curve might scare some people off so please give it a chance and support the game. We need more epic games like this. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    Best FPS i've played in a long time. Do you like large open maps? Ok, how about an entire planet?? So much better than Battlefield games, and its FREE. Totally worth at least trying it out.
  8. Jun 5, 2013
    It started as an 8 at release. The constant development based on direct community feedback has made it a 9 now and by the time it's on PS4 this game will be a 10. It's basically a Battlefield 3 on crack with more Battlefield moments than all Battlefield titles combined.

Why should you play this? 1.Very solid shooter mechanics, it's out there with the best. 2. Massive, epic scale

Why should you play this?
    1.Very solid shooter mechanics, it's out there with the best.
    2. Massive, epic scale battles. This game actually feels like you're in a real war.
    3.The designers really listen and interact with the community to constantly make it better. Huge patches with new features every two weeks or so, what other game does this?
    4. Teamwork on an unprecedented level for a shooter. You can play it alone but when you're part of a multiple platoon operation run by your outfit, this is where the game really comes to life.
    5. It's free2play without pay2win. As long as we keep playing it, they're making it more awesome.
  9. Nov 20, 2012
    Now, I think we can all agree that most of today's FPS could use a little more time in the oven, baking out all those little glitches and what not, and the same could be said here, but this here is still pretty damn tasty. I have watched PlanetSide 2 grow from the early stages of beta into its release and if there is one thing I am very happy about, is the community side support. The gameNow, I think we can all agree that most of today's FPS could use a little more time in the oven, baking out all those little glitches and what not, and the same could be said here, but this here is still pretty damn tasty. I have watched PlanetSide 2 grow from the early stages of beta into its release and if there is one thing I am very happy about, is the community side support. The game took huge strides with improvement when it game to game play during some patches. Of course like most betas, the bugs ensued with new patches, but as the last ones came out, most of them were gone. This game really does deliver when it comes to large scale battles and every battle has the decision between brute force or using tactics. Teamwork and a good gun at your side are always a must. Ground or Air Vehicles. Lasers or bullets. Your choice really stands true here.
    Keep in mind this is also an MMOFPS so the action is not always a constant, and part of the problem solving in the game is getting from base to base. Although, they did a fantastic job of fixing the problem of logging in and not being able to get to a battle. Now you can spawn on your squad leader at beginning and that makes everyone happy. This really is going to be a great game for a very very long time, especially if the community support is as good as it has been.
  10. Jun 5, 2013
    Planetside 2 is very harsh for new players because there's barely any tutorial BUT as soon as you understand it its awesome you like big fights but most fps don't deliver that scale? Try Planetside! you easily get 100+ player fights and sometimes around 300 on each team fighting in one base against each other
  11. Mar 3, 2013
    This is the dream shooter if you're a certain type of player. It fulfills the promise of Battlefield 2. Remember squad based com and objectives setting? Remember driving to the front in a variety of vehicles while planning strategy? And large scale? This game does all these things, and better. Communication, team strategy, opening up new flanks with mobile spawn points, a flanker class,This is the dream shooter if you're a certain type of player. It fulfills the promise of Battlefield 2. Remember squad based com and objectives setting? Remember driving to the front in a variety of vehicles while planning strategy? And large scale? This game does all these things, and better. Communication, team strategy, opening up new flanks with mobile spawn points, a flanker class, combined arms, a map with strategic features that lives and changes, coordination in a small squad up to a platoon of 48 or several platoons, ...in short team strategy and tactics in large scale shooter! What's more, they got the pay to play (not pay to win) model right and the development model is a thing of beauty. Here we have devs playing all over the game, in clans (or 'outfits'), broadcasting and generally dialoguing with the players all the time. Rich community. They have a roadmap where players set dev objectives. They iterate and patch nearly at the level of a League of Legends. And all in discourse with the players. Heck, there are many continents to come.

Other stuff: sniping as a real thing (not strictly CoD style twitch sniping), stealth against real human beings, vehicles (tanks, atv's, fighters, gun ships and transports), emergent story up the wazoo, whole swathes of the game that emphasizes priorities other than twitch shooting (egs. leading w teamwork/objectives, hacking systems, healing, repairing, spotting...) There is much to dig into and learn to up your game. This is a great, great shooter. It's f-in' free. Check it.
  12. May 22, 2013
    this game is the Best f2p online game ever its free to play and isn't really pay2win and has a lot of vechiles and weapons witch has a lot of attachments and with awsome events updates is this the best f2p online game ever
  13. May 23, 2013
    The reason I gave it a 10 out of 10 is because I'm a big battlefield 3 fan and this was like battlefield 3 but in space and more chaos and I liked it.
  14. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is essentially everything I imagined in my 'army' fantasies as a kid. Remember when you used to run around with your mates pretending to shoot stuff and blow each other up? Well this is it writ large. Huge battles with air, armour and soldiers lighting up the night with tracer fire and rockets. It's such an intense experience that will probably leave you quite addicted. I know itThis game is essentially everything I imagined in my 'army' fantasies as a kid. Remember when you used to run around with your mates pretending to shoot stuff and blow each other up? Well this is it writ large. Huge battles with air, armour and soldiers lighting up the night with tracer fire and rockets. It's such an intense experience that will probably leave you quite addicted. I know it did me.

It's also quite nice to see the devs really putting in the effort and being responsive to the community with weekly patches and updates. I see a lot of longevity in this game. I should also point out that the community is a lot more mature than most and are usually a pleasure to interact with.

Gold star. A+
  15. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been playing PS2 since before it was released, back the so called "tech test" before closed Beta. Even back then I knew that this game was going to be very special, the raw potential of the tech SOE was displaying was incredible. 2000 players fighting on one massive continent, battles including hundreds of players at once, aircraft, tanks, infantry! But that's common knowledge, andI have been playing PS2 since before it was released, back the so called "tech test" before closed Beta. Even back then I knew that this game was going to be very special, the raw potential of the tech SOE was displaying was incredible. 2000 players fighting on one massive continent, battles including hundreds of players at once, aircraft, tanks, infantry! But that's common knowledge, and those features only make half of a game. It is the development team that truly shoots this game through the roof for me.

The game receives at least 2 major updates a month, with hotfixes whenever they are needed (and they are usually very quick with those), which all include both new content and game fixes. The devs make regular efforts to join discussions on their forums, on reddit, on twitch livestreams, on podcasts and even on their own internet shows Friday Night Ops. This level of communication really jacks in the developers to the needs and concerns of the community, and coupled with their own limited brand of restraint the decisions being made for PS2's future have been extremely good. It is constantly evolving, constantly adding new content and constantly surprising me with the user generated shenanigans that a 64 square kilometer map filled with 2000 gun wielding immortals can create.

The F2P model has been extremely kind to the non paying player, the initial guns that everyone starts with are very often some of the "best" guns available. I put best in quotations because with few exceptions every gun in the game has downsides that counterbalance their upsides. Even the weapons that have been identified as straight upgrades (Around 5 or 6 weapon classes in number if I had to guess) have also caught the attention of the devs, who constantly tweak and change those weapons to bring them to an acceptable level.

The only downsides that I can think of for this game are the difficulty a new player has in figuring out what to do (a tutorial system is already implemented and is being expanded on as I type), and that many older computers will have difficulty running this game (especially laptops). AMD graphics cards also seem to fare less well than NVidia cards for whatever reason. I do not believe there is much more the devs can do in terms of optimization, as it is quite a demanding game.

Since those are the only two negative points I can think of, and in the shadow of the myriad of positives I have given, I bestow upon PS2 a 9 out of 10. The game will only get better over time I believe, as the developers really have their heart and soul in the game and have promised to keep working on it for years to come.
  16. Jun 5, 2013
    First thing to do after entering this game is to find an nice Outfit (guild) that is running a recruitment squad, ask for their vocal chat server, and enjoy this incredible gaming experience.

Don't stay alone too long, this game is huge and the dev team is giving it an fast and perpetual improvement, with a great ability to listen to the community. - push you out of the transport

- push you out of the transport plane, at a 1000 meters altitude from the enemy base
  17. Mar 13, 2013
    If you are a CoD child, dont bother. You will die a lot, and will whine and cry, because you are used to no-skill tiny corridor shooters.

If you like larger size games, vehicle gameplay and tactics, this is the game for you. Children who are easily frustrated and think they are 'super leet' need not apply. Read the negative reviews here to see how idiotic you have to be to dislike the game. Basically every bad review is a butthurt 12 year old.
  18. Mar 14, 2013
    Its Great. Would have scored 10 but hackers are ruining the fun. Join a clan and get involved. You need a beast of a PC to run it on max settings but looks amazing. There is a lot to learn but its worth the effort.
  19. Jun 5, 2013
    Since launch the game changed by a large amout. Most of the initial annoyances are gone, and the dev team is putting much work in it. It's nice to see from such a large company like SOE that they listen to the fanbase, which rarely happens nowdays. It's a shame that the initial launch was rushed, but now the game is becoming what it should have been.
  20. Feb 22, 2013
    Most of the people that gave this game a poor score have not a PC that manages to run it properly. This is a fact. You need a high-end machine to appreciate this awesome MMOFPS to whom I can't find any real lack, a part a bit of lacking content. Its gameplay is fun and immersive and it just needs more development. Since it is fullt free to play I cannot give it anything less than a top score.
  21. Apr 18, 2013
    I'd honestly give it an 8 but I'm only giving it a 10 due to the nonsensical 0 ratings here. I was never a fan of FPS although I've tried Battlefield and Call of Duty series for an extended period of time. Planetside 2 is the most epic fun I have had since World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. I have been addicted to Diablo 3 with the expectation of an epic gaming journey, but soonI'd honestly give it an 8 but I'm only giving it a 10 due to the nonsensical 0 ratings here. I was never a fan of FPS although I've tried Battlefield and Call of Duty series for an extended period of time. Planetside 2 is the most epic fun I have had since World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. I have been addicted to Diablo 3 with the expectation of an epic gaming journey, but soon realized that it was a failure to begin with. The game was difficult to learn, but after about a month, I was hooked. Planetside 2 has definite negatives: occasional server lag, and poor optimization. I had to buy a brand new computer just to play this game on maximum settings. Hackers are always looming around annoying loyal members, but I can tell SOE is doing their best to keep fixing and improving. The game itself is an awesome masterpiece with a good outlook for a long time to come. Expand
  22. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very fun sometimes fast paced sometimes slow paced game. I'm giving it a ten to help counter the balance of a hater or two I see that give it little to no credit. Yes the game is essential a beta, but a well done beta and lets be honest how many "beta" testers hate losing their progress when the official game launches? There's a niche for a lot of people from support toThis is a very fun sometimes fast paced sometimes slow paced game. I'm giving it a ten to help counter the balance of a hater or two I see that give it little to no credit. Yes the game is essential a beta, but a well done beta and lets be honest how many "beta" testers hate losing their progress when the official game launches? There's a niche for a lot of people from support to piloting and just plain up front fighting. I did play the original Planetside and although I don't feel it's leaps and bounds better than that game it has a lot of the core elements that can be tweaked over time like all games. It's free so play on. Expand
  23. Apr 30, 2013
    This game is huge and I found myself immersed in a epic struggle for the domain of territory like I never seen If you like a massive competitive war for the domain of territory this is your game the only down side to it would be that it can get quite frustrating to play alone but so long as you have a group of friends to fight beside you you will have a great time
  24. May 1, 2013
    As for me this game is very fun. After MAG on PS3 I'm looking for a similar game. And I found it. I was really impressed by this game. Someone tells that is bad game, because it compel you to think. If you like to play COD, and don't like to think in game pass by. Others welcome!
  25. Jun 28, 2014
    Gorgeous.
    Even if this was a Pay-To-Play game, i would give more than enough to play this masterpiece!
    Perfect tactics that you must play to advance your squad/platoon and storm the front You do need to give it at least 2 hours to get used to the controls of it, when you do it is amazing. Graphics are top-notch! Game-play is fresh and new! Sounds are clear and great! Play this
    Gorgeous.
    Graphics are top-notch!
    Game-play is fresh and new!
    Sounds are clear and great!
    Play this game!!!
    but you do need a good rig to play it.
  26. Apr 23, 2014
    1st, WTH are people ripping into the game for? saying there is no character devleopment? so? on BF and COD, i dont remember character development besides perks and weapons, this isnt an RPG game, its a game where you kill 200 of the other enemy on 3 different maps.

I didnt have to P2W to be good at this game. if your good at BF and COD then you will be good on this game. yes at 1st it drops you into the middle of a battle but unless your not looking when you die, you can pick to respawn in a different area or even the HQ(which is also a safe area and no fighting) which constantly has land vehicles or air vehicles picking up people and going off to battle. besides that you can spawn your own land or air vehicle to fly off in, the only problem with this is if you log in when the game is slow, then your driving or flying off on your own.

some people were moaning that you cannot heal "heavies" you can, its called repairing like you would a tank, they are mechanical and so you cant be a medic and heal them but you can repair them like a tank.

also no objective? it has more of an objective then BF and COD, instead of mindless killing which is fun, you also need to take over bases and mindlessly kill, with tanks, 4 wheeler things, troop transports, airships, air jet things, or on foot.

there is friendly fire and that makes a chaotic battle a mess if you have a bunch of foot traffic and tanks rolling through, happens on BF, so it seems all the people who gave this game a 4 or less havent played those other games i mentioned(call of duty and battlefield) since they cannot handle this game.

you had to spend 60$ to get those games but can play this for free, so dont expect to get every single weapon for free but i have seen that i can get most weapons by getting the points from playing the game on my own, and i didnt have to pay to win to be good at this game.

the only time i didnt like playing this game was when it was slow and no one on my faction was hardly on, i still found it fun harassing the bigger army and just taking over random stuff. also the other bad point, if your comp isnt up to snuff like mine, then it will be super laggy or unplayable, so im waiting on it to release to PS4, atleast i hope it will, otherwise i will have to upgrade my comp so i can play it.

its a fun game and worth trying out, its not P2W, it does have things you can pay money and get the items or some weapons faster but when you have 2 dozen of the other faction running at you, then that rifle you spent cash on is not gonna help you and as i said you can get the weapons with the points you earn from killing, defending or taking over positions, so its fun and not grinding to earn the weapons on your own and unless you get into a 1 on 1 battle(lucky you if you do) i dont think the weapon they have will matter too much.

also remember to those that are not familiar with this game and are thinking about it for the PC or PS4 when it comes out, this is where you have 3 different very big maps, and 1,000 or more peiple on each server which each has the 3 maps, so your gonna have on each map normally 100 or more of each faction, that means 100 people helping you fight, while you have 200 or more of the other factions fight you( there are 3 factions in all) so 3 armies all trying to take over big and small bases all over the map, and there are no rounds, just constant fighting. i have experianced myself 1 battle over a big base lasting for 3 hours, so no one won until enough of the other faction had to log off or give up, if you love constant fighting then you will enjoy this game, its non-stop.
  27. May 26, 2014
    Pros: Fast gameplay and epic battles. You really can't ask for more out of a free to play game. Great game community. Can be addictive as your job is never truly done in game. No single weapon dominates in all fights. Fight on the ground as one of 5 classes or take to the air in one of 3 types of air units or grab one of several ground units from a two person four wheeler to a 12 personPros: Fast gameplay and epic battles. You really can't ask for more out of a free to play game. Great game community. Can be addictive as your job is never truly done in game. No single weapon dominates in all fights. Fight on the ground as one of 5 classes or take to the air in one of 3 types of air units or grab one of several ground units from a two person four wheeler to a 12 person personal carrier. There is now lack of vehicle options in game.

Cons: Suffers from a lack of Meta game. You will find far to many people grinding kills instead of attempting to gain continent control for your faction. This can be frustrating for the true team player yet does not affect solo play as much. Game updates often feel untested prior to launch but are quickly repaired. Learning curve can be a little high so It is recommended to group up with one of the many outfits in game for a helping hand.
  28. Jun 5, 2013
    Not many shooters can keep me hooked like Planetside 2 can. The combination of addicting and compelling gameplay and teamwork with the responsiveness of the dev team make this a game that will last
  29. Jun 5, 2013
    If you love FPS you will love PS2. It has a lot of potencial with the metagame if they develop more tools for leadership. of course, its difficult to understand concepts, remeber structure of a lots of bases but one more time. the potential is enourmous. I dont play a lot of games too much. I always get bored a few months later. But with ps2 iam really addicted. Its´s massives fights areIf you love FPS you will love PS2. It has a lot of potencial with the metagame if they develop more tools for leadership. of course, its difficult to understand concepts, remeber structure of a lots of bases but one more time. the potential is enourmous. I dont play a lot of games too much. I always get bored a few months later. But with ps2 iam really addicted. Its´s massives fights are really incredible. Of course, sometimes you have moments of borings because a base take too many time to capture or you have to move 3000 METERS with your tank, buts it worth it!!! sometimes some unbalanced weapons or situations frustrates you but those are details. it´s imposible to have a really full balanced game when you have dozens of guns, lots of air and ground vehicles. I really love this game. And of course, ITS FREE TO PLAY. Expand
  30. Apr 1, 2013
    Planetside 2 is the best MMO of the last 5 years, it is very fun and pretty and addictive, if your PC can run it I highly recommend it (I use a midrange CPU from 3 years ago and a midrange video card I bought in 2012 and I run the game on Ultra just fine)

I'm not sure where the anger comes with regard to difficulty yes, if you try to charge out of your spawn room when you're alone and 2 platoons are capturing your base you are going to have a bad time, that's how the game works, you're supposed to spawn elsewhere if you get overrun. Also, the cash shop is very reasonable given that the game is totally free to download and all weapons can be earned through gameplay. Many of the most powerful and widely used weapons, like the CARV and the SAW and MBT HEAT rounds are available by default: the SAW and HEAT Rounds in particlar have only become more popular with successive patches. There's no conspiracy by SOE to make default guns worthless
  31. Feb 26, 2013
    Gonna go ahead and give this game a 10. I've never given anything a 10. Ocarina of time? Nah, that deserved a 9.5 at most. World of Warcraft? maybe a 7 for effort but Planetside 2 delivers on nearly every concept I've wanted in a video game since I've started playing them nearly 20 years ago. I've played 80+ hours of this game since the start of February... and I'm not the type to playGonna go ahead and give this game a 10. I've never given anything a 10. Ocarina of time? Nah, that deserved a 9.5 at most. World of Warcraft? maybe a 7 for effort but Planetside 2 delivers on nearly every concept I've wanted in a video game since I've started playing them nearly 20 years ago. I've played 80+ hours of this game since the start of February... and I'm not the type to play games that much. It's seriously scary how addictive this game can be.

For those who dislike this game upon first play, Planetside 2 gives you as much as you put into it. You can't really just "jump in" unfortunately you've got to give it time, look up videos for newbs, and learn the basics. If you're a leading type, this game is for you. You can head your own platoons against the enemy forces using Air, Land vehicles, and Infantry forces all with a wide assortment of specialized weaponry and abilities. It's truly amazing how much variation there can be between players. Communication is key to winning and gathering large groups for organized assaults. If you're not much for talking to other people online, you're going to have a hard time having fun with planetside 2.
  32. Mar 5, 2013
    Great game. Has some issues including cluttered visuals, latency issue, and some player distribution trouble between areas of the map. These are minor complaints in my eyes though. Over all you can always find a good fight if you look hard enough. It is easy to learn, looks great, and isn't a grind Wow clone. What more do you want from an MMO.
  33. Jul 7, 2014
    Once you get into this game it if a fantastic amount of fun. The battles are on such a massive scale. Graphics are not as good as some other shoot em up platforms but am sure its done like that to be able to run massive servers.
  34. Mar 13, 2013
    Others like me thought Battlefield 3 was amazing. The hug maps, huge lobbies. I thought nothing could get bigger. Then I saw Planetside 2. I never thought that SOE would make another Planetside. I was so excited for it, but the sad part was when I signed up for the beta I found out my PC could not run it so I was handing beta keys left and right. Then after the game fully launched was IOthers like me thought Battlefield 3 was amazing. The hug maps, huge lobbies. I thought nothing could get bigger. Then I saw Planetside 2. I never thought that SOE would make another Planetside. I was so excited for it, but the sad part was when I signed up for the beta I found out my PC could not run it so I was handing beta keys left and right. Then after the game fully launched was I able to get a new PC and the first game I downloaded was Planetside 2. Man oh man is it fun. It holds true to what PS1 had. The massive map (one base is about as large as a BF3 map and there are 3 continents a snow one, jungle one and a desert one), massive battles (you've got about 60 people attacking a smaller base while you can get 100s of people assaulting the main bases and another 100 defending it) and the best part. The game never ends. There are no rounds. The game is an on going battle and does not and never will end. The few problems with the game is the lack of a tutorial. It gives you a quick 30 second intro video with your factions music and announcer and then you're dropping down in a drop pod in the middle of a battle so it's best you join a clan. There are tons of clans recruiting through the forums and most if not all use Teamspeak, vent, or mumble. The in-game VOIP could use some working on but other wise it's decent. Over all the game is amazing once you start playing. Expand
  35. Mar 17, 2013
    FIRSTLY: the considerations.. 1. This game IS an MMO with a typical MMO learning curve. Any first person shooter fan that likes to just jump into a game and just terrorize an enemy platoon is not going to find that easy to accomplish on HIS OWN.

Why? Because when you single yourself out in an MMO shooter, you pit yourself again an entire virtual world of enemies! 2. It is free to

2. It is free to play and still has some bugs, OK! But they are still building on the game and releasing content as we speak.

FREE TO PLAY

I may be a little older (28) but I know a thing or two about gratitude and let me say: the ones complaining about this game are little kids that don't yet have the experience in life to understand the value of typically anything and in most case, talking to you America, yes I live here too, their own health.

3. HUGE battles, very confusing at first and nobody will respond to you on open chat.

Get your feet on the ground and press INSERT twice and viola! That easy, you are in a squad and can follow their waypoints. "V" key is your commands and requests.. anybody that has played a PC game should be able to relate, I am missing the part where this is SO complicated it is worth a rating of "2"?? Ignorant.

I am rating it a 10 because that is my personal opinion. It is a damn cool world with a huge living combat arena where I am making online friends and hearing a-lot of perverted jokes! There are also plenty of ladies kicking ass and taking names in this game so keep that in mind, nothing is pickier than a female gamer!

GRAPHICS ARE UP TO PAR!

PHYSICS ARE BALANCED!

SHOOTING MECHANIC ITSELF, THE ACTUALLY GAMEPLAY ASPECT.. FEELS SIMILAR TO CALL OF DUTY, VERY TACTICAL AND YOU ARE PITTED AGAINST OVER SHIELDED CYBORGS!

YOU CAN TELL YOU SHOOTING A FLESHY TARGET BY HOW QUICKLY THEY DROP, OR HOW THEY RESPOND POORLY TO HEADSHOTS!

Game is a process hog, however! I am running it on a 9460 4g ddr and a single 8800 gt!! Graphics obviously reduced quite a bit but the game is holding a great framerate and doesn't look bad.

Other pc is an i5 quad core with 16g of ram and sli 680s looks mighty fine. All in game models are very well detailed and animated, particle effects, lighting.. this game really looks great!

Give it a try and keep in mind it will take at least 3 hours to get a grasp.

The developer provides instructional videos for the NooBS!

Enjoy!
  36. May 5, 2013
    You dont have to pay to be the best player. you have the OPTION to pay to get weapons that you can earn by killing people. and whats the big deal 5-10$ for a gun. this game is amazing and people dislike it because they suck at the game. Most of you say graphics are 6-7 out of 10 well thats because you computer is Overall its a well made game that you have to have skill in order to be theYou dont have to pay to be the best player. you have the OPTION to pay to get weapons that you can earn by killing people. and whats the big deal 5-10$ for a gun. this game is amazing and people dislike it because they suck at the game. Most of you say graphics are 6-7 out of 10 well thats because you computer is Overall its a well made game that you have to have skill in order to be the best player. Expand
  37. Jun 5, 2013
    Summary: An excellent game that allows FPS action on a scale above your average shooter
    Pros: Free-to-play done right, epic FPS battles, fantastic co-operative experiences
    Cons: Resource hog, steep learning curve I love Planetside 2. The game itself is fantastic, giving players access to a three-way war between factions each with their own style and gameplay traits. Released in
    Cons: Resource hog, steep learning curve

I love Planetside 2. The game itself is fantastic, giving players access to a three-way war between factions each with their own style and gameplay traits. Released in November 2012, the game is constantly being improved with new content. On the day of writing, the tenth major update has been released.

Planetside 2 is, at heart, a shooter. But it's a unique one. While most shooters are designed around small-scale and 1v1 encounters, Planetside 2 (hereafter 'PS2') is designed around massive battles with hundreds of players and assorted vehicles. As a result, the game experience is truly unique.

It is also free to play. Some reviewers have said that the game is pay-to-win, but I strongly disagree. All weapons in the game (with the exception of identical weapons of different colours) can be unlocked with the in-game currency 'certs', which are automatically given along with experience. As such, it is simple to unlock a weapon. You may not have every weapon, but that's unimportant the stock weapons are in no way bad, and are designed around catering to most playstyles. Other weapons will be better at, say, long-range firefights, but lacking in close quarters, so you can unlock/buy a weapon that better suits you, but you won't be worse off with the default equipment.

The battles are amazing. Often, a single base will have over 300 players fighting over it, in a two-way or three-way battle that can go on for hours. This provides a real sense of accomplishment when you finally take that base, or when, at last, the enemy stops attacking and you begin the counterattack! The game's huge maps ensure that there are plenty of unique locations to fight over!

Furthermore, the game is not really designed around individual encounters; rather, it is designed on an empire versus empire basis. Sure, you might have a stock character, but your faction will have many players who have unlocked every weapon in the game. In PS2, you will lose if you're ill-equipped to the situation, but the individual player is simply a tiny part of the massive battles.

The 'new player experience' (or 'tutorial', as most players call it) is, to be honest, somewhat lacking. The developers have stated that they wish to improve it and, now, you get a chance to learn the basics of movement and combat before you're dropped into the biggest battle the server can find! The game can be hard to get into, but it's worth it once you get there.

Where PS2 really shines is in co-operative play. Groups of players (known as 'outfits') will use VOIP and suchlike to organise massive operations, from tank formations to airborne drops. Joining an outfit, or even creating your own, will allow you to experience PS2 at its best. There are many outfits that are happy to accept new players try checking the forums or asking in-game.

PS2 is a resource hog. As such, check the recommended specs before you download! The players who say that they can't run it probably don't meet the specs, and if you don't either, then your PC will struggle that's what the specs mean! Bear in mind that the devs are constantly working on making the game rub better since release, I've seen a 10 frames/second increase in heavy combat, with about 30-40 frames/second increase in less populated zones, with improvement every update.
  38. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been looking for a game to play with passion for abut the last 4 years but have been feeling sort of forced to. Planetside 2 definitely made my bells go off and I was pretty sure I'd be a game for me since I played the first one a little because of a computer. Now Planetside 2 is here and it's a hobby for me.

The true value of Planetside 2 isn't it's FPS mechanics but teamwork and

The true value of Planetside 2 isn't it's FPS mechanics but teamwork and the scale. I'm an extremely experienced squad leader and moderately experienced platoon leader and it is that teamwork and tactics that makes me come back to this game. Sure there are new bugs coming and going constantly but it doesn't matter in the bigger picture.

I'm definitely here to stay and expect epic moments like I've had so far.

For organised teamwork outfit gameplay of this game check youtube channel by a guy named Raumance.
  39. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been Playing Planetside 2 since launch. For a Free to Play game this has to be one of the best games I have gotten my hands on. The devs work with the community on a daily basis to make sure the game is ever evolving into something spectacular. I have no qualms with giving SOE my money for this amazing game. I see a lot of frustrated people below. The best advise I can give you isI have been Playing Planetside 2 since launch. For a Free to Play game this has to be one of the best games I have gotten my hands on. The devs work with the community on a daily basis to make sure the game is ever evolving into something spectacular. I have no qualms with giving SOE my money for this amazing game. I see a lot of frustrated people below. The best advise I can give you is to find an outfit to run with. If you are not having fun you are in the wrong outfit. I run with TRGgaming in the Terran Republic and The 666th Devil Dogs in the New Conglomerate. A Good outfit makes this game hand over fist better than any other FPS I have played, period. Expand
  40. Jun 5, 2013
    Your first few hours in this game will be brutal. You will find yourself blown to pieces, stabbed and riddled with bullets time and time again. You'll scream as enemy infantry fly over your head, pop additional shields, cloak into barely visible blobs and generally do things you might not expect. Most of all you will find yourself caught in the crossfire of hundreds of players. But as youYour first few hours in this game will be brutal. You will find yourself blown to pieces, stabbed and riddled with bullets time and time again. You'll scream as enemy infantry fly over your head, pop additional shields, cloak into barely visible blobs and generally do things you might not expect. Most of all you will find yourself caught in the crossfire of hundreds of players. But as you stick with it you'll learn how to survive and once you know how to survive you'll find that fighting hundreds of players at the same time is ridiculously fun.

It has its bugs, it's still relatively new and doesn't have a huge amount of content. But it's easily one if not the most fun shooter out on the market right now. It's also free so you may as well try it.
  41. Jun 5, 2013
    The game had some flaws at release, but the development team is really dedicated on making the game better!
    The games teamwork mechanic and gun play are both really fun!

I'm looking forward to what this game turns into in the future, and I love playing it!
  42. Jun 5, 2013
    Planetside 2 is unique in it's massive scale and multifaceted combat. There is something for any type of FPS player. It's like a never-ending game of Battlefield 3 crossed with Halo. The best thing is the superior team behind it coming out with updates every few weeks. If you tried the game at launch and found it lacking in some way, give it another chance. On hint, the game is MUCHPlanetside 2 is unique in it's massive scale and multifaceted combat. There is something for any type of FPS player. It's like a never-ending game of Battlefield 3 crossed with Halo. The best thing is the superior team behind it coming out with updates every few weeks. If you tried the game at launch and found it lacking in some way, give it another chance. On hint, the game is MUCH more fun and easier to learn if you join an outfit (the Planetside equivalent of a clan). The game is hard to learn because of it's scale, just give it time and find a good outfit willing to teach you the ropes. It's a blast when you pull off a successful raid or base defense as a team. Expand
  43. Jun 5, 2013
    The sheer scale and organization of PlanetSide 2 really overwhelms a new player, the thrill of running along with hundreds of teammates, doing large scale operations, is just one of a kind.
    Not to mention that its graphics are basically god-tier, up there with Crysis and Battlefield for sure.
  44. Jun 5, 2013
    The game is definitely not pay to win: I play for free and I'm doing great. If you want to upgrade every class and every vehicle, it's going to take some time though. Excellent game overall, with an extremely dedicated dev team very close to the community. They are doing great work.
    The game is very rough CPU wise though.
  45. Jun 6, 2013
    Without a doubt the best and most rewarding strategic FPS out there today. There is nothing that matches its scale and excitement and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

The first thing that's worth noting is that many of the reviews on this page (including possible this one) are very dated, and vast amount has changed since then, so do try and ignore the most outdated, as many of the comments are no longer relevant.

The learning curve is still relatively steep but I think this is in PS2s favor when the alternative in the generic dumbed down FPS we're all used to. With that in mind definitely make sure you give yourself long enough when you play to get to grips with things before forming an opinion, as the pure scale of the environment and battles can be overwhelming.

The best fun, especially early on, is had when playing with a friend or ideally a group, or an outfit. As you gain experience lone wolfing is very enjoyable too, but remember the game is designed with team play at the forefront. Also playing with friends definitely helps smooth out the learning curve.

The free to play model is fair with anything that you can buy for money for the most part being sidegrades so you can still have a great time playing for free. That being said I think it's important to remember that someones gotta pay the bills and a subscription or occasional SC purchase if you can afford it will pay off and reward the devs for their hard work.

What's more I think SOE are earning their keep in terms of patching issues with the game, adding new content and promoting a community. The game isn't perfect but its always improving and so I feel happy that I'm getting my money's worth committing the time and the subscription fee.

If you're a fan of FPSs that have a great deal of strategy, depth, scale and variety then you owe it to yourself to give PS2 a try!
  46. Apr 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic. In my opinion, it's better than EA's garbage child - BF4. I actually played this game awhile back. Back when it was in it's **** condition. You know, poor optimizations and stuff. I hopped into it again, and was surprised on how much the performance improved. Which is amazing! Now I can enjoy the game fully.

THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN BF4 OR BF3!
  47. Oct 15, 2014
    I have just over 2,500 hours logged in this game. The honest truth is this: The game has a VERY steep learning curve, the system requirements are very high, experienced players will easily farm new players. That being said this is the best FPS i have ever played. It has such a steep learning curve because it is so COMPLEX and deep. Every class is a different play style, and every gunI have just over 2,500 hours logged in this game. The honest truth is this: The game has a VERY steep learning curve, the system requirements are very high, experienced players will easily farm new players. That being said this is the best FPS i have ever played. It has such a steep learning curve because it is so COMPLEX and deep. Every class is a different play style, and every gun within that class is a whole new experience. Flying, Tanking, Infantry, Infiltrating are all unique and engaging in their own way. The battles can be small fights or ramp up into MASSIVE 3 way battles. The reviews about "pay to win" are very misleading. There is very little "pay to win", if any at all. I leveled to br100 without spending a single penny. Some of the best weapons in the game are default "starter" weapons, the differences are in their role and not direct upgrades. It is like saying a shotgun is better than a sniper rifle, or vice versa. They are just two different things. Player skill/experience are the real dividers. If you have a computer that can handle the game, and the patience to get through the "learning phase", you will be greatly rewarded with perhaps the best FPS you will ever play. Expand
  48. Nov 21, 2012
    Planetside 2 is the spiritual succsessor to Planetside 1, and it offers a product and experience as unique as the original. 2000 people on a map, 64x64km large, in a never ending battle for supremacy and bragging rights. Planetside offers every facet of war to a player, and at the low cost of free. While other games gouge players with necessary transactions to enjoy the full experience,Planetside 2 is the spiritual succsessor to Planetside 1, and it offers a product and experience as unique as the original. 2000 people on a map, 64x64km large, in a never ending battle for supremacy and bragging rights. Planetside offers every facet of war to a player, and at the low cost of free. While other games gouge players with necessary transactions to enjoy the full experience, SOE has decided to leave their experience relatively unsullied by adhering to a very inviting and honest F2P model.

Truly the only game in the market to offer massive battles you're sure to talk about for days, Planetside is not without its faults in early stages. The game still has a few minor bugs and a steep learning curve. If attacked as a MMO, Planetside's learning curve is rather par for the course, but lacks good tutorials in games, mostly because it lacks the grinding mechanics that offer tutorials in other games. If apporached as a shooter, which it can easily be basically seen as.. the lack of a tutorial campaign and simplicity of play can be jarring to some players.

That being said, Planetside 2 is a remarkable game. A remarkable experience, and hopefully just the beginning for an evolution in MMOs from point and click to full interactive awesomness.
  49. Nov 23, 2012
    i have to give props to sony online entertainment for actually trying to make a triple-A MMOFPS title AND doing a great job at it!!!!!! most FPS games that come out now have a story mode and an online mode, while i believe that it should be one or the other (story mode OR online mode). if you love online FPS, you're gonna love planetside 2!!!!!!
  50. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is amazing capturing immersion and epic sense of war no matter what gamer you owe it to yourself to download it. It can make you rage but the pros far out ways the cons
  51. Jul 17, 2014
    Planetside 2 dwarfs other games, at least in terms of shear size and capability. You can find yourself fighting in battles ranging from only a few players to hundreds, perhaps even thousands of players. However, Planetside 2 being so big comes at a price: Performance.

Let me say, right off the bat, you need a good PC to play this game. Even some top of the line rigs can have trouble playing this game on the lowest of settings. However, recently, SOE has been working specifically to improve overall game performance, but still don't expect to play this game on your grandmothers laptop.

Despite the performance issues, Planetside 2 is a very enjoyable game, once you get the hang of it. You may find that the first couple hours you play the game, you might find yourself frustrated. But once you learn some of the basic tactics/strategies, you can become a very good player. But even after you get the hang of it, the learning curve is still quite large, and you may find yourself playing the game for a REALLY long time. I have been playing Planetside 2 for over a year and a half, and I am barely halfway through. However, assuming you can get past that, I'd definitely recommend giving Planetside 2 a shot. It still has plenty of growing room, (I think the developers have a 10-year development cycle!) and as is, there are plenty of great features to be explored.
  52. Sep 28, 2014
    I have been playing Planetside 2 since beta and it had some growing pains along the way with performance and other development issues. It now runs smoothly and gets better and better after many hours of hard work from SOE. While most first person shooters rely on scripted scenes with jets and tanks in the background, this game has the same feeling of being in a war but it is ACTUAL people.I have been playing Planetside 2 since beta and it had some growing pains along the way with performance and other development issues. It now runs smoothly and gets better and better after many hours of hard work from SOE. While most first person shooters rely on scripted scenes with jets and tanks in the background, this game has the same feeling of being in a war but it is ACTUAL people. The scale of this game is immense and extraordinary and is a game that I would fantasize about as a child. I find myself coming back to this game again and again in between and during playing other games. It is great to jump in and play for an hour or sometimes 4-5 hours. I recommend playing with friends and to play in platoons but you can play independently as well. If you tried this game and were frustrated by poor performance before give it a chance, it truly is a 10/10 game now and it is simply one of the best games I have ever played. It is a free to play game and the free to play weapons are good; however, you will want to buy some essential weapons like the second burster (anti air) for the MAX unit and a secondary weapon for the tank. I don't mind spending some money to support the game as they do require funds to keep the development going. However, I am glad it isn't a subscription based game as I refuse to partake in such game/ funding models. You can buy a subscription and it does help with experience and moving between continents, especially during "alerts", but it is not necessary. The game is just extremely fun and satisfying to play, especially when you blow up a vehicle carrying 6 people inside and you get all these "exp" numbers jumping up on the screen. I love the feeling of turning the tide of battle, sneaking up on a cloaking sniper and C4ing a MAX unit. There are so many memorable and incredible memories in this game that it really deserves a lot more credit. It is unfortunate that games receive most of their ratings in the first few months of existence as the development team has steadily made this game better and better and better. It just "feels right" now. I can see myself playing this game for years to come. You owe it to yourself to give this game a try and to join in on the battlefield of Planetside 2. Expand
  53. Dec 1, 2012
    The first few hours you play this game, you'll most likely be very frustrated. Once you figure out where things are, and how the world works. You'll have a great time, and It's unbelievable how well this game handles mass scale battles (300+ people in a small area).

Getting is a squad/platoon of people who actually communicates, and work together, can make for some insanely fun online times.
  54. Nov 21, 2012
    Long story short: Planetside 2 is a non-story driven MMOFPS which uses large-scale Battlefield gameplay mechanics to control territories in a Tribes-like universe. Is it a new idea? Not really. But is it fun? Yes, very much so.

When you start the game, aside from a few pop-up windows and small descriptive boxes, you really don't know WTF you're doing. Now I know this may discourage new players, but I actually really enjoyed it. Spawning in a room with soldiers frantic running all around me, I just sort of joined the fray and followed the guy in front of me and I was fighting in a couple of minutes.

The guns feel solid and while you don't start out with many weapons, there is enough diversity between the classes' arsenals to last you a while. Every FPS has a learning curve when you're factoring in bullet-time, recoil compensation, and tracking enemy movement past a firing muzzle while sighted in, and Planetside 2 is no different. Learn your weapons early on.

The battlefield feels like a war with no generals, so each player must decide his role on his own. Provide support for a frontline defense, sneak past the enemy to provide sniper support from the rear, or just go out guns blazing, there are tons of options here. The terrain makes for very interesting battles and provides loads of unique cover opportunities. For those of you looking for a real reason to fight, you'll be a bit disappointed. You're signing up for a gigantic turf war that gives you little reason to care about your territory being lost other than the fun in defending it and pushing back. I'm really hoping they add some more story elements to the game, it feels a bit hollow in that department.

Aside from a lack of story, everything about Planetside 2 feels solid. The environments are engrossing and the battles have a way of becoming very believable. SoE didn't re-invent the wheel with this game, but they definitely did a good job of oiling the crap out of it.
  55. Nov 21, 2012
    I have been waiting for this game ever since I first saw "Planetside Next" being mentioned somewhere several years ago. Planetside being my first ever MMO (of any genre) just stuck to me. When it went downhill (Duo-Core CPUs causing players to exploit and "cheat" with movement speed etcetera) I quit playing and hoped they were going to fix it all. Eventually I gave up hopes on it and whenI have been waiting for this game ever since I first saw "Planetside Next" being mentioned somewhere several years ago. Planetside being my first ever MMO (of any genre) just stuck to me. When it went downhill (Duo-Core CPUs causing players to exploit and "cheat" with movement speed etcetera) I quit playing and hoped they were going to fix it all. Eventually I gave up hopes on it and when I noticed the PS website being ruined some years later I hoped that they would some day make a Planetside 2. FINALLY!

Planetside 2 is a great successor to the original Planetside. While I do feel that the way bases are handled now are somewhat more harsh and lengthy I am also happy that they decided to get rid of the base resource system. The battles are bigger than ever as well and bases also yield unique bonuses to your faction if you have them under control, making them worth fighting for.

Graphics are awesome. If anyone tells you that they're outdated, from a previous era or whatever, ignore them and tell them to buy a pair of glasses.
    The weather system is a great addition to the game as well as the day/night cycle although the latter can be somewhat frustrating at the time. I do like the combat at night as it gives you the opportunity to try stealth tactics with your squad, platoon and/or outfit.

Combat is great. Think Battlefield but instead of 64vs64 it's 2000vs2000vs2000 PER CONTINENT. You won't ever have a situation where every player of every faction is in one spot because of the extremely large continents and the well spreaded base locations. Unlike the old Planetside base capturing mechanics you now have multiple bases that you can assault. This can lead to interesting results since the base you're rolling out from might get flanked from the south by the New Conglomerate while your intentions are to move east to battle the Vanu Sovereignty and capture their base there.

Years of waiting patiently has paid off. I already had several epic battles. One of them lasting for over 3 hours at a single base, which we eventually lost but regained after 3 hours of fighting making a total of 6 hours of awesome combat!

Certification Points are given at a steady rate per hour (even when you're offline) as well as for every 500 experience you earn and are used to upgrade your weapons, add attachments to them, unlock new weapons and other class specific abilities/utilities as well as unlock things for your vehicles.

Early on you could think that everything is way too expensive but once you start shooting enemies around you, you'll forget about this problem and get used to the way they're earned.

I do have a couple of issues with the game at this time.
    * The queue system does not work properly at the time of writing this review
    * Players experience random freezes which lead to crashes. Because of the population on the first few servers this leads to long queues.
    * I feel that the resources spent on air vehicles vs the countdown time is somewhat unbalanced. Early on, without certification points, it takes up to 20 minutes to buy a Mosquito so players that spend Station Cash are at an unfair advantage as they're able to buy early upgrades which means that players that did not spend any cash have a high chance of losing a battle (if skills are equal or close to).
    * Infantry resources give me mixed feelings. I'm pretty much always capped unless I spend everything on grenades and mines.
    * The servers are extremely laggy up to the point you see players teleport around (the game just launched so nothing new really. Wasn't expecting a perfect launch although I hoped they were a bit more prepared, see below).

This aside, the game runs smooth even with massive combat going on and the lag will most definitely settle down once everything has been sorted out by SOE.

While I feel SOE could've prepared better (and keeping their past failed MMOs in mind) and should've done more early on, the hype this game created and the amount of players that tried to push their way through that small doorway called "server" shows that there is still a great fanbase out there that's eager to play this wonderful game as well as many new players that want to give this game a try.

I give this game a 9. No game is perfect. Every game has its flaws.
    The negative points I brought up have absolutely nothing to do with the fact I did not give it a 10. I just feel that giving any game for that matter a 10 would mean that the game in question is supposedly perfect and wouldn't have any issues/flaws/downsides at all.
  56. Nov 27, 2012
    AS a PS1 player it wasn't hard for me to get into PS2, and its by far a better game from the get go. The game runs pretty smooth for me and its got to be one of the most beautiful games to date, especially for how many players can be active at one time. It tops all multiplayer games in epicness. Its got its issues, but what new game doesn't, especially in the mmo department. The vehiclesAS a PS1 player it wasn't hard for me to get into PS2, and its by far a better game from the get go. The game runs pretty smooth for me and its got to be one of the most beautiful games to date, especially for how many players can be active at one time. It tops all multiplayer games in epicness. Its got its issues, but what new game doesn't, especially in the mmo department. The vehicles could be better but I feel I cannot judge them as you have to unlock so much potential which leaves me to this: I would rate it a 10/10 if it weren't for the FTP system. I think this game should have had a price tag and FTP system for cosmetics, but the unlocks take far to long to unlock and I'm not a fan of spending cash on items I don't even know if I will like. But for the base free game, spend a few dollars and you can have a butt load of fun in battles larger than anything you will see in that **** COD game. Expand
  57. Nov 23, 2012
    Excellent free 2 play game. Factions (and overall gameplay) are extremely well balanced . Skill always wins over $$. Graphics and performance are good. Epic scale. This is my favorite hardcore mp shooter on the market. Well worth learning how to play if you are up for a challenge.
  58. Nov 23, 2012
    This is the ultimate FPS, taking it to the next level. Have you ever felt the adrenaline rush when about 50 enemy foot soldiers and three tanks are approaching your location and you are all alone? Didn't think so.

I was lost in the beginning, but what would you expect when you get dropped down into the middle of a war zone without any kind of tutorial. I had chosen the Vanu Sovereignty (also known as the VS) due to their futuristic battery powered laser weapons. I soon got the hang of it though, once I died I switched to Combat Medic due to me being a team player and their long(er) range primary weapon. I spawned at the recommended spawn and just went with the flow. Soon I was out at the front lines again.

This game is nothing for casuals, it has friendly fire and you are not going to be able to take damage like in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for example. Between five and ten direct hits with the Combat Medic's primary weapon will kill you.

I eventually dragged some friends into it and we all joined an outfit. Soon we were all in-game, sitting in a Sunderer (a 12 person vehicle with dual anti-artillery cannons that can be used by two passengers) moving towards the front lines. Once we were there we deployed it, making it a mobile base. The developers have really thought out the team element and playing in a group makes this whole game a lot better.

I haven't had this fun in a very long time.
  59. Nov 25, 2012
    The things Planetside 2 does are astounding, the scale is almost unbelievable. And to think that they have an Ultra graphics setting which isn't even released yet...this game proves by itself that PC gaming isn't dead by a long shot. No console could do what Planetside 2 is doing. The development team is one of the best I have ever seen at worrying about what the players want. I'm saddenedThe things Planetside 2 does are astounding, the scale is almost unbelievable. And to think that they have an Ultra graphics setting which isn't even released yet...this game proves by itself that PC gaming isn't dead by a long shot. No console could do what Planetside 2 is doing. The development team is one of the best I have ever seen at worrying about what the players want. I'm saddened by the amount of negative reviews of people that want a totally free game. The game is fun when playing by yourself but if you join an outfit and have a teamspeak or ventrilo server going it suddenly unfolds into one of the best games you've ever played. The sheer amount of strategy and communication needed to dominate the battlefield makes this game more of a military simulation than any other on the market. The room for growth for this game is unimaginable too, SOE isn't even close to done. If you write this free to play game off you are going to regret it. Don't be phased by all the people that just want a free ride and don't want to support the development team at all. Expand
  60. Nov 23, 2012
    Personally so far with the game it is great. The game is rough around the edges but for what it is its very good. The first game sacrificed so much to have what it had and yet people say its better, the shooting was horrible. This game has fixed that, the devs listen to the community. And so many people also complain about technical difficulties, that's not really a game flaw. If youPersonally so far with the game it is great. The game is rough around the edges but for what it is its very good. The first game sacrificed so much to have what it had and yet people say its better, the shooting was horrible. This game has fixed that, the devs listen to the community. And so many people also complain about technical difficulties, that's not really a game flaw. If you actually searched for the problem you would find it is most likely the render distance option. The lack of in game tutorials is mostly solved by the fact that there are lots of people willing to help you, the game automatically puts you in a squad so you can just ask them. But is it really hard to point and shoot at the people in different colours? My experience with the game was great, seeing huge battles last for days and finally after lots of work taking that continent and then dropping over to another to fight there. I love the game, and for a free game it beats any others I know of. Expand
  61. Nov 29, 2012
    Huge scale battles and absolutely no game crashes or bugs. Huge scale battles and absolutely no game crashes or bugs. Huge scale battles and absolutely no game crashes or bugs. Huge scale battles and absolutely no game crashes or bugs. Huge scale battles and absolutely no game crashes or bugs. Huge scale battles and absolutely no game crashes or bugs.
  62. Nov 25, 2012
    I've paid 60 dollars for games that were less polished, less graphically pretty, less entertaining, less technically brilliant, and balanced worse than this totally free game. Under normal circumstances I might resent the cash shop, but given that the majority of what actually makes you a superior player needs to be unlocked via play and cannot be purchased, and given the fact that theI've paid 60 dollars for games that were less polished, less graphically pretty, less entertaining, less technically brilliant, and balanced worse than this totally free game. Under normal circumstances I might resent the cash shop, but given that the majority of what actually makes you a superior player needs to be unlocked via play and cannot be purchased, and given the fact that the cash shop is the only way that the developers are making money, I have absolutely no qualms. The gameplay is deep and the scale truly massive. Persistent war with hundreds of people fighting over territory in a never-ending battle across three huge continents using infantry as well as ground and air vehicles. They have create an enormous amount of content and made all of it relevant, available to everyone regardless of how much they paid, and crucial to gameplay. When I saw that this game was absolutely free I had my doubts about how deep the gameplay could be, or how much of it would be locked away behind a cash shop, but they really did go above and beyond, providing an experience that many triple-A premium-priced titles fail to deliver without segregating the paying players away from the free players.

I don't know how they did it. But they have managed something brilliant here, and I wish them great success. Not only for breaking new ground and taking a risk on giving their game away for free, but I would love to see more quality titles that follow in their footsteps.
  63. Nov 21, 2012
    Epic mmofps . Thousands of players all on the same map.
    The first planetside was revolutionary the 2nd is much the same. It's in my all time if not the best game I have ever played. I can't recommend this enough! First time player has a bit of a learning curve but get in a good squad and or platoon and the fun really starts!
  64. Nov 21, 2012
    One of the best FPS', if not games of the year. Want tactical action? Check. Large scale battles? Check! Vehicle and infantry warfare? It's all here. Free to play? That's just the icing on the cake.

Want some advice, get into a good squad and outfit as soon as possible. Even a small tactical squad of 5-6 will increase your enjoyment tenfold.
  65. Jun 6, 2013
    I'm not a big FPS player, but Planetside has me hooked. A tremendously fun game that involves thousands of people battling for control of (at this time) 3 continents. All kinds of classes and 3 distinct factions. Absolutely awesome.
  66. Nov 25, 2012
    Not the best game, but definitely the most fun game. Actually I take that back, it's the best game.

Where is the 9.5 rating? I'll take away .5 for somewhat limited meta-game and vehicle options at release; however this is coming as the devs stated.

Massive battles.. nothing like it. All PC gamers need to give their time/money to this fantastic game.
  67. Feb 17, 2013
    If you have a good gaming PC that can handle the rendering of hundreds of players and like shooters like Battlefield 3 you owe yourself to play this game. I am completely 100% addicted to it and thing this game is a one of a kind experience.
  68. Nov 21, 2012
    I am not quite sure what everyone is talking about with in game bugs as I have not experienced any game breaking ones over the course of my play time thus far, at least nothing worth giving this game a 0.... The only inexcusable bug would be the total lack of optimization for AMD based processors... I am lucky enough to have had a Intel/Nvidia based system so it runs beautifully for me. II am not quite sure what everyone is talking about with in game bugs as I have not experienced any game breaking ones over the course of my play time thus far, at least nothing worth giving this game a 0.... The only inexcusable bug would be the total lack of optimization for AMD based processors... I am lucky enough to have had a Intel/Nvidia based system so it runs beautifully for me. I did not play Planetside 1 so I have nothing to base this game on but as it stands I have never played a FPS MMO that is this engaging. I can almost RP in this game, patrolling, guarding, attacking, infiltrating, outposts and small bases on my own. And the sheer volume of players in the large skirmishes on the map is mind boggling. If you have never played the first one and have an Intel Based System give it a shot! Its like no other FPS you have played.. If you are familiar with the first Planetside game you might be a tad disappointed in this one. And since it is free what is there to lose? Bandwidth? Try it out either way your not losing anything.... AMD users wait for a patch. Expand
  69. Nov 21, 2012
    In a genre that doesn't see an awful lot of games (good ones at that) Planetside 2 sure is a fresh breath of air for me. The choice to go Free 2 Play certainly doesn't hurt the playercount on the large continental maps that SOE have coughed up.

Visually the game has the potential to be great - On par with many modern day shooter if applied a few tweaks to unlock the "Ultra Settings".

The gameplay (the most important aspect of course) is great. Once you join an Outfit (clan) in the game and start playing in groups, you'll really see where PS2 shines. Planning coordinated strikes using a large selection of vehicles and capture (back) bases that are critical to your advance on the enemy.

There is still plenty of room for improvement - continents that aren't "square" shaped being one of my bigger gripes (and the complete lack of water on the playable battlefield), bugs in the marketplace module of the game and various launch day bugs that will hopefully be squashed soon enough.

Final Verdict: 9

Because the game is rather unique in its presentation, it has a dedicated dev team backing it and it shows great potential if nurtured - this may well become the single largest MMOFPS on the market in its lifespan.
  70. Nov 21, 2012
    Planetside 2 is a very successful fusion of the FPS shooter with MMO genres. Including very solid first person shooter game play, with customization through unlockable weapons and perks comparable to talents and equipment from your standard mmo. Its a "Free to Play game" and all the weapon choices can be unlocked with time or money. The only things you cant unlock with "cert points" (thePlanetside 2 is a very successful fusion of the FPS shooter with MMO genres. Including very solid first person shooter game play, with customization through unlockable weapons and perks comparable to talents and equipment from your standard mmo. Its a "Free to Play game" and all the weapon choices can be unlocked with time or money. The only things you cant unlock with "cert points" (the game's version of currency used to unlock perks and weapons) are cosmetic items and experience boosts. So i definitely recommend everyone give it a try because nothing can compare with fighting with hundreds of other players to take over a small outpost being defended by hundreds of other players Expand
  71. Nov 30, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10 to counter balance all the scorers who have given it a 0 cause their machines suck. That being said in reality this game is a solid 8, it has its faults, and can be glitchy at times, but if you are an FPS fan you will get an experience in PS2 that no other game in this generation will be able to touch. It is also NOT pay to win, some the the upgrades in theI'm giving this game a 10 to counter balance all the scorers who have given it a 0 cause their machines suck. That being said in reality this game is a solid 8, it has its faults, and can be glitchy at times, but if you are an FPS fan you will get an experience in PS2 that no other game in this generation will be able to touch. It is also NOT pay to win, some the the upgrades in the planes may be a little OP or need a tune, but this isn't anywhere close to being pay to win, so Ignore those idiots as well. Plus how can you give a 0 to something that is FREAKING FREE! Expand
  72. Nov 29, 2012
    The game is phenomenal. Its restored my faith in MMOs. There's nothing quite like shooting at a rational target for a change over NPC mobs with deterministic AIs. Player driven content is the future.
  73. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is EPIC, massive battles, medium and small skirmishes in 3 different continents. If you liked any of the Battlefield saga games you will love this one. It takes some time to get used to the mechanics of the game but now there are hundreds of videos showing the basic features/gameplay.. The game gains a lot if you play it along with some friends, up to 12 players in 1 squad. YouThis game is EPIC, massive battles, medium and small skirmishes in 3 different continents. If you liked any of the Battlefield saga games you will love this one. It takes some time to get used to the mechanics of the game but now there are hundreds of videos showing the basic features/gameplay.. The game gains a lot if you play it along with some friends, up to 12 players in 1 squad. You can join 4 squads to create a platoon so there's enough room for everyone. The unlock system it's a little bit slow, so it's important which upgrades/unlocks you pick, decide carefully. The game requires a good connection and a decent pc. Probably one of the best shooters of the year. Expand
  74. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is amazing, the environment, the vehicles, the battle, just everything is great. I am not going to say that the game is perfect, but it is pretty friggin' close. You do have to have a semi decent machine to run it at a decent frame rate, but you do not need the newest tech out there. Of course there are still some bugs, but one can easily overlook them when in the heat of aThis game is amazing, the environment, the vehicles, the battle, just everything is great. I am not going to say that the game is perfect, but it is pretty friggin' close. You do have to have a semi decent machine to run it at a decent frame rate, but you do not need the newest tech out there. Of course there are still some bugs, but one can easily overlook them when in the heat of a massive, and i do mean truly massive, battle. I love this game, since it is free to play, I would say at least give it a shot. Expand
  75. Feb 4, 2013
    Don't be fooled by the people that ragequit from this game because they only played 10 minutes. I will admit this game has bugs, and in your first few hours you will be a little overwhelmed. But as long as you bring a friend with you that already knows the game, then you will be fine. In the last update bugs sprouted like crazy, but within a day, SOE (the creators) Fixed most of them, andDon't be fooled by the people that ragequit from this game because they only played 10 minutes. I will admit this game has bugs, and in your first few hours you will be a little overwhelmed. But as long as you bring a friend with you that already knows the game, then you will be fine. In the last update bugs sprouted like crazy, but within a day, SOE (the creators) Fixed most of them, and made the game normal once again. There are a huge amount of players in every server, so most of the time, you may be fighting a losing battle, if you are, simply retreat, or go to another continent until it cools down. Most of the bad reviews here are from a few weeks to a month after the game was released, and most, if not all of the bugs they are speaking of have all been patched. The graphics are really good for a MMOFPS F2P game, and can be turned down if needed. Teamwork is a must in this game, so the first thing you NEED to do is join a squad, or outfit. The game is greatly more fun when your playing with other people, and most people don't understand that. Next up is that the developers have now implemented their new "roadmap" system, which gives players the chance to say what, and how, they want certain features added, if at all. i have already seen three or four ideas not used in the newest update, due to players not wanting it in the game. This "roadmap" is MUCH more than i have seen any F2P game developers use to gauge a player wanting certain things. Most developers will just add it, and say "Meh, they will have to like it". Next on the list is that this game IS NOT "Pay 2 Win" Every gun is used in a specific way, and, while some are better than others, there is no "Super gun" that kills everyone and is unbeatable. each and every gun has it's strengths and weaknesses, like the gun i currently use has a small mag, for a LMG (50 bullets, instead of the usual 100), as well as lower power, but a higher fire rate than most LMG's used by the Heavy Gunner. At this point in the game, there isn't much Metagame, but the developers are planning on an achievement system, as well as a system that allows you to capture whole continents until one of the opposing teams has to FORCE their way back into a warpgate, making the conquerors feel accomplished that they have taken all the land in the area and continue to hold it. Some people say Max's (a Mech like suit) and Main battle Tanks are Too Overpowered. But As long as you know how to deal with them, you are fine. Tanks may be OP, but If you get hit with an HE shell in a battle in real life, you're going to get blown to pieces. Now, lets touch on the factions. There are three, The Vanu Sovereignty, The New Conglomerate, and The Terran Republic. Each one with their own strengths and weaknesses. Borrowed from a guide on steam about this*** The Vanu Sovereignty favors futuristic directed energy weapons. These weapons reload quite swiftly and generally don't require much deflection shooting ("leading the target"), but don't quite pack the punch of the New Conglomerate or have the numbers of the Terran Republic." "The Terran Republic favors standard bullet weapons that pack little damage per shot, but have high capacity cartridges, high fire rates, and high reload times." "The New Conglomerate believes in brute force. With a strong focus on massive, deliberate strength, the New Conglomerate can easily outgun the other factions, but only if they can make their shots count." Showing each faction has it's own strengths and weaknesses. This game is about as realistic as i have EVER seen a full-scale battle on another world, and i will continue to support it, until it dies out, or we Get Planetside 3. I give this game a ten, even if it has bugs and annoying people, because it is a great all around game, and the developers are at the very least TRYING to always game it better. As a final little thing, if you get bored, go try playing another faction on a different server, it will bring the game back, at the very least a little bit. ***http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113201458#2765 Expand
  76. Oct 9, 2014
    The learning curve is tough, and the periodic updates may make the game crash, but the improvements and eventual fixes that have evolved in this game are amazing. A highly engaged community keeps balance improvements and new content coming. If you haven't played since 2012, they've added tutorials, a full scale shooting range, objective and achievement improvements, a 4th continent, 3 newThe learning curve is tough, and the periodic updates may make the game crash, but the improvements and eventual fixes that have evolved in this game are amazing. A highly engaged community keeps balance improvements and new content coming. If you haven't played since 2012, they've added tutorials, a full scale shooting range, objective and achievement improvements, a 4th continent, 3 new vehicles, and countless weapons. Play it for the giant scale, the huge 200+ player battles, and the nearly endless strategies one can employ. Just try and resist the urge to buy camouflage from their store. Expand
  77. Mar 9, 2013
    My journey with this game started with frustration, I've installed game from Steam, wanted to fly, but joystick didn't work back then.. I came back few months later, and... everything worked great. I don't play a lot games, and I didn't play multi-player except for Starcraft 2 which was uber frustrating. But. after 80+ hours of play I can say that Planetside 2 is unique and very addictiveMy journey with this game started with frustration, I've installed game from Steam, wanted to fly, but joystick didn't work back then.. I came back few months later, and... everything worked great. I don't play a lot games, and I didn't play multi-player except for Starcraft 2 which was uber frustrating. But. after 80+ hours of play I can say that Planetside 2 is unique and very addictive With great number of classes, vehicles, tactics, and ways to develop your character gameplay is one of the best I've seen in my whole life. So, play, play, play and see you on the The Crown shouting "your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" Expand
  78. Xel
    Mar 5, 2013
    This needs to be made clear to everyone up front, this game is not a solo COD style of FPS... if you want infantry based COD go play COD otherwise welcome to Planetside were massive ground and air vehicle battles take place that require team work and communication. This is a MMOFPS that like practically EVERY MMO out there will require to your grind your character's weapons and upgrades.This needs to be made clear to everyone up front, this game is not a solo COD style of FPS... if you want infantry based COD go play COD otherwise welcome to Planetside were massive ground and air vehicle battles take place that require team work and communication. This is a MMOFPS that like practically EVERY MMO out there will require to your grind your character's weapons and upgrades. If you don't want to do that don't play it. It is clearly not pay to win as the less informed seem to write since everyone cane unlock the exact same weapons. It is pay to not grind. Game updates and patches are being released on a weekly basis to fix issues and add content on a regular basis. This game is also played on a large scale with lots of vehicles, team play and coordination if you are not interested in those things you are going to have a bad time (like I said if you want solo COD style of play this game is not for you). Expand
  79. Mar 27, 2013
    Hands down, the best Online FPS around. All the negative user feedback can be attributed to the fact that, in the beginning, its a little hard to understand how things work, but watch this video "http://youtu.be/Tx_xeRFlNTA" (about the basics of navigating the world), and you'll be prepared to have a lot of fun. Great game, and the way Free-2-Play games are supposed to be made
  80. Mar 30, 2013
    Many people complain about this game's lack of fair balance or that it feels rushed to them. I'm sorry, but did you expect this to be a CoD game? And as for the learning curve, this is war for crying out loud, not a training camp! They do have tutorial videos linked in the game's launcher, and yes, the learning curve needs fixing, but then again, it's a bit better than going through yetMany people complain about this game's lack of fair balance or that it feels rushed to them. I'm sorry, but did you expect this to be a CoD game? And as for the learning curve, this is war for crying out loud, not a training camp! They do have tutorial videos linked in the game's launcher, and yes, the learning curve needs fixing, but then again, it's a bit better than going through yet another hand-holding, navi-esque tutorial isn't it? Planetside 2's 2 main blessings are it's adaptability and the teamwork the game encourages. Since it's not a box release, few can realistically expect that the game would be perfect right from the start. If a problem arises or a bug is discovered, it gets fixed in the next update. Teamwork is EVERYTHING in this game, you should never expect to succeed as a lone-wolf unless you play as an infiltrator and know when to fight and when to not. No one person can single-handedly change the tide of a battle or the war, you are always working with other players to accomplish a goal.

The game itself, isn't exactly pay-to-play, everything is available for purchase with in-game currency, and all of the things that can only be bought with real money are just for looks. Admittedly, you do need to pour a lot of certs into your empire's fighter to get it to it's full potential, but like I said, everything is free: you just have to save up the certs you've earned.

Pretty much the only things you can buy with money in the game that actually gives you any advantage are weapons; everything that gives you a basic edge over everything you encounter (better armor for example) can only be purchased by using the in-game currency.

and on the note of the cert grind, how would you like it if EVERYONE in the game had the best weapons and upgrades after playing for a short amount of time? it'd get bland fast: there would be nothing to look forward to getting.

And face it: in every game you start playing, there WILL be players that are better than you that have been playing longer than you and will pwn you at first

SOE has added a virtual-reality training area that allows you to try out EVERYTHING that you could possibly want, and since all of the weapons are unlocked while you are in the training area, you can just click on the "compare stats" box and have no more need for looking through wiki pages. If all else fails, you can give a gun or an upgrade to one of your vehicles a test run. In conclusion, Planetside 2 may have it's flaws (who/ what doesn't?), but it's sheer scale and readiness to fix any problems that it's players find more than make up for them
  81. Jun 5, 2013
    I've played this game for almost 200 hours now. It is extremely hard to get past the learning curve. It will take you hours, but it's worth it. The vehicles will be worthless to you in combat unless you shell out some money or spend a serious amount of time playing as infantry. There's no story to be found besides the blue and purple guys are stupid and have to die. You have to be aI've played this game for almost 200 hours now. It is extremely hard to get past the learning curve. It will take you hours, but it's worth it. The vehicles will be worthless to you in combat unless you shell out some money or spend a serious amount of time playing as infantry. There's no story to be found besides the blue and purple guys are stupid and have to die. You have to be a serious player (border-line addicted) to get any sort of progression. There are several balance issues.

All of that being said, it's insanely fun to get into a platoon and follow them around capturing bases and fighting in the large-scale battles. I can spend hours playing, and I do. If you want to engage in gigantic seamless battles as an infantry-man, a sniper, a supporting class (medic and engineer), a tank operator, a part of a gun-ship crew, or a fighter pilot, this is the game for you. Despite all of the negative aspects of the game, I 100% recommend it to everyone to check it out (it is free) and give it some time.
  82. Jun 5, 2013
    I initially gave this game a 7/10 due to the performance issues at launch, and the problems with the battle flow. For the first few months I barely played it and was very hesitant to spend money on it, but SOE have been very committed and they're currently on GU10, and they release smaller updates every second week. The new lattice system has really improved the battle flow on Indar, andI initially gave this game a 7/10 due to the performance issues at launch, and the problems with the battle flow. For the first few months I barely played it and was very hesitant to spend money on it, but SOE have been very committed and they're currently on GU10, and they release smaller updates every second week. The new lattice system has really improved the battle flow on Indar, and it'll soon be available on the other continents.

While there is still much work to be done (PS2 still needs a lot more optimization), I have spent over 400 hours in this game now and I can honestly say it's the game of the year for me. The massive combat is just so compelling, with literally battles hundreds of players large, on continents filled with thousands of people.
  83. Jun 5, 2013
    While Planetside 2 isn't as easy to pick up and play as call of duty or battlefield, it offers far more depth. Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS. Don't let that name fool you, you wont be going into instanced dungeons and facing off against a few AI driven bosses. Every soldier you see is a real, living player. Every base is designed for 640 v 640 not 64 v 64. The distances between those bases isWhile Planetside 2 isn't as easy to pick up and play as call of duty or battlefield, it offers far more depth. Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS. Don't let that name fool you, you wont be going into instanced dungeons and facing off against a few AI driven bosses. Every soldier you see is a real, living player. Every base is designed for 640 v 640 not 64 v 64. The distances between those bases is measured in miles, not feet. Planetside 2 is full of bugs and flaws, for example vehicle combat suffers because Anti-vehicle infantry don't render and neither do their projectiles. The weapons are all sidegrades, and SOE will not nickel and dime you. Every balance issue in this fantastic game is due solely to bugs. Don't expect to play this game at 60 fps.

In conclusion, Planetside 2 is a fantastic game with an unforgiving learning curve and performance issues. Despite these flaws, this game will offer you massive, social combat that you simply won't find anywhere else. You need to try this game.
  84. Jun 5, 2013
    The game starts out a little hectic, and you may be confused as to what exactly is going on, but I loved that part. Such a complex game takes months to fully learn, making boredom almost impossible. I have been playing Planetside 2 for about 5 months now and still can't stop playing daily. It is much more fun in groups, however there is always something to do on your own as well. If youThe game starts out a little hectic, and you may be confused as to what exactly is going on, but I loved that part. Such a complex game takes months to fully learn, making boredom almost impossible. I have been playing Planetside 2 for about 5 months now and still can't stop playing daily. It is much more fun in groups, however there is always something to do on your own as well. If you like shooters, or if you like strategy, or tanks, or planes, or 200 vs 200 battles, this game is worth checking out. And it's free. Expand
  85. Jun 6, 2013
    Rarely have i seen a game that is as unique as Planetside 2 is. Think Battlefield 2, 64 times bigger, with 3 Factions, and updated Visuals.

That's pretty much what Planetside 2 is. Want a quick fight? Hit the Quick Action button, and you land RIGHT INTO the action. Strategic advancing with an Outfit or a Squad? Not a Problem either. It's FREE (you CAN pay for stuff, but you can

That's pretty much what Planetside 2 is.

Strategic advancing with an Outfit or a Squad? Not a Problem either.

It's FREE (you CAN pay for stuff, but you can get it by playing the game as well, so it's really fair).

+ They listen to the players.
  86. Jun 11, 2013
    I tend to play most of my PC games at least 60+ hours or more. They're investments, since I spend so much time in them. Some games keep me coming back, like Team Fortress 2 (718 hrs.), Skyrim (298 hrs.), Civ4 (164 hrs.), Neverwinter Nights 2 (243 hrs.). Planetside 2 is going to blow them all away. I've got 617 hrs. in it so far, and the future looks better than ever.

Get in and find a

Get in and find a tour guide (like in an Outfit), start out as a medic and learn how to work with your squad. All you need is your rifle and your medic tool! PS2 is slow to learn, but awesome to master.
  87. Oct 30, 2014
    I am not a fan of MMOs or FPSs, but this combines the two to create something awesome, although I would appreciate it if I didn't have to keep entering my username and password. Just do a login through Steam.
  88. Apr 9, 2014
    easily one of my all time favorite games. no other game keeps me coming back like planet side 2. constant updates with new guns and features, and after the optimization update the game runs really well for me. i would agree that guns are a bit pricey, but after i got a membership that includes a 50% boost, certs (in game currency) were no longer a issue for me. and i was free to upgradeeasily one of my all time favorite games. no other game keeps me coming back like planet side 2. constant updates with new guns and features, and after the optimization update the game runs really well for me. i would agree that guns are a bit pricey, but after i got a membership that includes a 50% boost, certs (in game currency) were no longer a issue for me. and i was free to upgrade and buy as many new guns and abilities as i wanted. i will say that a big factor of enjoyment in this game for me is the community. devs listen to player feedback, and players are nice and helpful in game and in the forums. i would suggest checking out the planetside subredit and the official forums to see more about the game. the game does have a learning curve i will admit, i would suggest checking out some you tubers if you want to see game play or want to understand how to play the game. the you tubers in no order are: stl youngblood, wrel, zoran the bear, drathamus gaming. my closing statement is this, it is a free game you will lose nothing by downloading it, trying it, not enjoying it, and deleting it. but if you give the game a chance you may find a beautiful game full of player progression and endless hours of fun, supported by a helpful and positive community. at least that is what i found. go to www.planetside 2.com or steam and download the game, who knows what adventures will await :) Expand
  89. Dec 15, 2014
    If you're good at Battlefield there's no reason you cannot be good at this, the gunplay is almost the same in both. The problem most people have is in finding the meta, finding a role for themselves in the game, while trying to learn wtf is going on. The meta is simple, find a place where you're outnumbered, and see how well you can do. There's no other game which allows you to tailorIf you're good at Battlefield there's no reason you cannot be good at this, the gunplay is almost the same in both. The problem most people have is in finding the meta, finding a role for themselves in the game, while trying to learn wtf is going on. The meta is simple, find a place where you're outnumbered, and see how well you can do. There's no other game which allows you to tailor the difficulty by increasing the odds you're coming up against, and it only gets better when you add a squad of friends to the mix. Expand
  90. Zoc
    Jan 21, 2015
    Simply amazing and I'm afraid far too addictive. Ok so I have been gaming 20yrs or so since a young age starting with ZX Sinclair and Streets of Rage etc. I have lost countless, hours, days, months into a huge variety of games ranging from Metal Gear's, Gran Tourismo's, Guild Wars 1&2, Aion, Assassins Creed's, Supreme Commander, Dawn Of War series and numerous more. This game is by quite aSimply amazing and I'm afraid far too addictive. Ok so I have been gaming 20yrs or so since a young age starting with ZX Sinclair and Streets of Rage etc. I have lost countless, hours, days, months into a huge variety of games ranging from Metal Gear's, Gran Tourismo's, Guild Wars 1&2, Aion, Assassins Creed's, Supreme Commander, Dawn Of War series and numerous more. This game is by quite a long shot my all time favourite game. It has so much depth which when you consider that in essence all it is, is a large shooter. By depth I mean there are so many different paths I can take on my personal journey not to mention 3 factions to do it with. I can take to the skies in a number of aircraft, I can speed across enormous maps in a choice of vehicles. When I decide to get some exercise I can choose a multitude of professions to add to my PS2 experience from Engineer to Infiltrator and then each profession has numerous ways of playing and different styles. Even after a year I find myself asking (mostly on the newest of all the maps).. 'Not sure I've been here before' ! Then there is the graphics,... ok its a 2yr old game but the excitement is so easily captured mid battle with the glorious scenery along with a huge array of bullets and weapons filling the skies with luminous glows of various colours.... This game is quite simply a game all true gamers must try. Yes it is frustratingly hard for a long time when you first log in, but give it time and you will soon feel the buzz this game consistently offers. And to top it all off its free to play. Yes you can choose to spend your hard earned cash but all it really does is give you visual customisation and if you decide to, a head start on weapons rather than earn them the hard way. Cash is not needed to appreciate this game whatsoever, to prove this one factions default Light Machine Gun is I think one of the best in the game (Orion). Finally one more word on the scale of the game, its huge, really really huge. I often find myself relatively high on the leader board on whichever area I'm engaged in yet I recently found myself number 300+(forgot the exact number), meaning in the small section of the gigantic map I was playing on, there was at least 300 people battling for control across three (but most likely two) factions (factions meaning playable race's TR, NC & Vanu)....... Epic. Expand
  91. May 22, 2013
    I find it amusing the people giving this game low scores are crying it is too hard or you need to spend hours getting the 'good' weapons. I have been playing this game for a while now and still haven't spent a cent and manage to more than hold my own. If you came from a COD background then this game is definitely too hard for you it involves tactics and skill. Battlefield players willI find it amusing the people giving this game low scores are crying it is too hard or you need to spend hours getting the 'good' weapons. I have been playing this game for a while now and still haven't spent a cent and manage to more than hold my own. If you came from a COD background then this game is definitely too hard for you it involves tactics and skill. Battlefield players will feel much more at home and the depth of customisation is a breath of fresh air in this game genre. The large scale battles and varying roles you can play make for some great extended gaming sessions and unique battles. Having a mike is essential as there is no time to type and noone pays attention to the typers anyhow. The only issue is the same as with most other online games gen i jerkoffs who think they are gods gift polluting the airwaves with their ridiculous dribble. Expand
  92. Nov 22, 2012
    Great game, played since beta. It's one major flaw is that's it's near impossible to unlock anything, even for a free game. You usually start with simple one point certifications, but then the price skyrockets to 100's for a simple bonus. In fact, there is not a single weapon in the game for under 100 certifications.
  93. Feb 16, 2013
    Planetside 2's concept with massive battles, multiply platoons of soldiers running head to head, is a fantastic idea. No game today does these kind of things, and it's free, so why do so many people seem to dislike it? First of all, the bugs. Game series's like CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. They are all games with a low amount f bugs, they are also kind of similar, People then assume thisPlanetside 2's concept with massive battles, multiply platoons of soldiers running head to head, is a fantastic idea. No game today does these kind of things, and it's free, so why do so many people seem to dislike it? First of all, the bugs. Game series's like CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. They are all games with a low amount f bugs, they are also kind of similar, People then assume this game, with also is a fps, have the same amount of bugs or lower than the other games. But planetside 2 is much larger and much more difficult to make bug free as the other games so of course there will be bugs. You could the say that the release was to early. Bugs is far from the biggest problem in planetside 2, there are only one gamebreaking bug (which seems to be fixed now) and that was your screen randomly flashing white for a long time. The biggest problem with the game are the gameplay, which i often just one big kill farm (they are working on this, the last patch made some great changes with this). And this game is FAR from pay2win, you can get everything that is gameplay changing with in game currency, and the stock weapons are perfectly fine, if you don't want to use the stock weapons until you got enough in game currency, then you buy a weapon with real money, but those weapons are just sidegrates really. This game i worth a try, and are always evolving, just remember P2W are not any real issues, and the bugs are far from gamebreaking. I could be talking about all the good things about this game all day, but i don't have anymore time. See you on the battlefield. Expand
  94. Oct 8, 2014
    This game is absolutely fabulous. The scale of the battles is unprecedented in the gaming industry. The outfits and platoons really bring a huge level team work that a majority of other games just don't have. This game does have a large learning curve, but it is entirely worth it. After sinking about 400 hours into this game, I have no regrets.
  95. Nov 26, 2012
    A truly epic game. BF3 on a massive scale, and whether your preference is flying, tanking or infantry, you will immense fun. All 3 playstyles are well implemented, and have a significant role to play in the game. There are myriad guns, explosives, and weaponry to choose from, and customizing your trooper / vehicle is a lot of fun. These can be trialed for 30 mins before you spend yourA truly epic game. BF3 on a massive scale, and whether your preference is flying, tanking or infantry, you will immense fun. All 3 playstyles are well implemented, and have a significant role to play in the game. There are myriad guns, explosives, and weaponry to choose from, and customizing your trooper / vehicle is a lot of fun. These can be trialed for 30 mins before you spend your cash/cert points too Expand
  96. Jan 21, 2013
    The incredible scale of this game is amazing, when you and a few hundred other team mates go head to head with another couple hundred people to try and claim as much land as possible.
    Though at first when you start the game it can be a bit overwhelming mainly because it is so big and so many people to kill you end up learning who is more of a threat and where to spawn to quickly get in the fight with out getting killed straight away.
    I thoroughly enjoy this game and will continue to play as it is so different having a good fps mmo game that has such a great community (ask for help and you will probley get it due to the nature of the game you need to help team mates to concore as much ground as possible)
  97. Dec 1, 2012
    This game is far from being completed and will likely be added to for years. What they have already is amazing, and they are constantly patching and adding more stuff. If you are not working with a group, the game is not the same honestly. If you have a full platoon of 48 people all working together? Oh my god the feeling is unmatched. The feeling of turning the tide of a major battleThis game is far from being completed and will likely be added to for years. What they have already is amazing, and they are constantly patching and adding more stuff. If you are not working with a group, the game is not the same honestly. If you have a full platoon of 48 people all working together? Oh my god the feeling is unmatched. The feeling of turning the tide of a major battle involving hundreds of players? It is amazing! Orders are given and things get done and it is one of the most rewarding feelings I have ever had in any game ever. The game still needs a ton of work, but it is getting better daily. It is also free to play so really, there is no reason not to try it. Expand
  98. Nov 21, 2012
    Great game that will continue to get better! Love it...while there are a few bugs that need some ironing out, this game has a bright future ahead of itself.
  99. Jun 5, 2013
    I have been playing this game since launch and it has gotten much better since then! I have increased my score for the game because the devs have added so much to it since launch and because they continue to add new content every week.
  100. Dec 1, 2012
    Planetside 2 falls short of Planetside 1 in about every category, but it's still a lot of fun and the best recent shooter out there. Be advised it's poorly optimized at the moment with some netcode issues, but hopefully when those are ironed out it will be fun for everyone.

Their customer service team is responsive and fast. Haven't run into any obvious hackers yet.

1. May 10, 2013