8.9

1. JosephS.
    May 6, 2009
    It's a fun game, does what it's ment to do, and does it well. It has personality and it has style. I loved the zombie bowling minigame, as well as the the overall art direction. It's definitly worth the $10 on steam, and with the amout of actual content is worth the $20 if you want a boxed copy.
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    Es un juego muy,muy bueno su trama,graficos,movilidad son exelentes,es un juego divertido su critica se merece un 10 de 10,100 de 100,yo lo recomiendo.
  3. MarkA
    May 6, 2009
    It's a great little game. Not as difficult as some other tower defense-a-likes and the zombies only go in one direction, but the graphics are really well done, and it's fun to see what crazy zombies PopCap came up with. Plus, I have a PC gaming power house and I'm still playing this game! ;)
  4. LeafRunner
    May 10, 2009
    Flawless, without doubt, this is the greatest Tower Defense of all. I thought Popcap was all casual gaming, but this brings out a little bit of hardcore gaming. You haven't seen tower defense until you've seen this.
  5. johncasillo
    May 5, 2009
    Beast game keeps getting better as you go further in the game and new plants each level you go through also fun minigames that can help you buy new plants to beat harder levels which makes the game more playablity for the player rather than having to replay a level 4-5 times just to get past it
  6. MinaO
    May 5, 2009
    Addicting and charming. Far more depth than your average casual game with an irresistible art style and a cheeky sense of self-mockery. Plants vs. Zombies is not only a classic tower defense game, but offers a wide range of mini-games which are unlocked while playing the Adventure Mode. My only complaint would be that I have to lower the resolution on my computer to play it. The game is Addicting and charming. Far more depth than your average casual game with an irresistible art style and a cheeky sense of self-mockery. Plants vs. Zombies is not only a classic tower defense game, but offers a wide range of mini-games which are unlocked while playing the Adventure Mode. My only complaint would be that I have to lower the resolution on my computer to play it. The game is suited for a resolution of 1024x768 and is blurry and unplayable in 1600x1050. Expand
  7. MichaelM
    May 5, 2009
    Incredibly addicting. Plants Vs. Zombies mixes together two of my favorite things, Zombies and gardening. Well...not really, but still if I had plants like these I'd be a gardener. The style is both humorous and interesting. The variation in both the types of plants and zombies, keeps you interested as you don't feel the game growing repetitive. On top of that there are various Incredibly addicting. Plants Vs. Zombies mixes together two of my favorite things, Zombies and gardening. Well...not really, but still if I had plants like these I'd be a gardener. The style is both humorous and interesting. The variation in both the types of plants and zombies, keeps you interested as you don't feel the game growing repetitive. On top of that there are various modes of play, including humorous mini-games such as Wallnut Bowling. You'd have to have gotten your brain eaten in order to not enjoy this game. Expand
  8. StefanM
    May 6, 2009
    What a fantastic game ! Maybe the best game I ever played. It is so much fun to defense the lawn.
  9. DanielT
    May 8, 2009
    A great game. Frankly, it shouldn't matter if your computer is a 'gaming power house' if the game play is good, then the graphics should be #2 on the list of important things. (besides, if you were looking for a graphically intense game, it shows a slight lack of foresight by buying this one). Awesome levels, dynamic strategy, clever and witty nuggets abound, this is A great game. Frankly, it shouldn't matter if your computer is a 'gaming power house' if the game play is good, then the graphics should be #2 on the list of important things. (besides, if you were looking for a graphically intense game, it shows a slight lack of foresight by buying this one). Awesome levels, dynamic strategy, clever and witty nuggets abound, this is PopCap's best yet. Expand
  10. CW
    Nov 20, 2009
    Remarkably simple, but remarkably addictive. It's a tower defense game that manages to keep its appeal over time. The numerous plants, variety of enemies, and endless survival mode make this game one of the best values you'll find for the cost. Add on top of that the level of humor they've managed to cram in, and you'll put a ridiculous number of hours into this game.
  11. LukeO
    Oct 8, 2009
    I got this game purely on the reviews it received and when I loaded it upfor the first time, I was disappointed. The flash-game type graphics and horizontal, linear gameplay made me regret it at first, but the more I played it, the old adage to never, ever judge a book by it's cover hit the mark again. Engrossing, tactical, exciting gameplay coupled with heaps of great unlockables I got this game purely on the reviews it received and when I loaded it upfor the first time, I was disappointed. The flash-game type graphics and horizontal, linear gameplay made me regret it at first, but the more I played it, the old adage to never, ever judge a book by it's cover hit the mark again. Engrossing, tactical, exciting gameplay coupled with heaps of great unlockables and delightful, quirky humour prove yet again that graphics don't mean everything, and doesn't mean a game doesn't have high polish. I've spent many enjoyable hours playing this game, unbelievable value for money. The best $10 I've ever spent. Expand
  12. KenL
    May 22, 2009
    Really fun and easy game. Comes to show you don't always need high end graphics and hardware to make a game good...or even storyline.
  13. EricA
    May 20, 2009
    Got the game for 5$ and I feel guilty. Great game. Simple, lots of lvls, lots of puzzles, and lots of variations in gameplay. Replays well. I've gotten 20 hours so far out of the game and still haven't finished.
  14. MaxM
    May 30, 2009
    At first when i played the demo on steam i was pretty surprised ,because it was a funny new idea and also very different from tower defense i think.It was really fun to play.I have to agree,that it has a slow start but after it its very fun to counter the different abilities of the zombies.Also the different Level types where you have to use different plants to win made me think that its At first when i played the demo on steam i was pretty surprised ,because it was a funny new idea and also very different from tower defense i think.It was really fun to play.I have to agree,that it has a slow start but after it its very fun to counter the different abilities of the zombies.Also the different Level types where you have to use different plants to win made me think that its a genius game.After the story it also doesnt end.There are many mini games and puzzles,which make a lot of fun and sometimes they arent easy.Also i like the way how they make it like comedy.Its totally different from humour like in Overlord and its not brutal or something.All in all i can just say buy it and you do nothing wrong. Expand
  15. FrancisB
    May 5, 2009
    This game is very addicting. I had my doubts in the beginning but after playing the first few minutes, I was strangely addicted. Be one of the many zombie fans and try it out.
  16. ChrisR
    May 5, 2009
    Amazing game. I love tower defense games as well as action games and this combines both. It's artistic style is humorous and the game is just pure fun.
  17. BenF
    Jul 2, 2009
    Plants vs. Zombies is a great game even if you run out of things to do the endless survival is a real challenge i got to 29 flags before the zombonies destroyed my tallnuts, all my chery bombs where killed, and my corn cannons where Destroyed :( Try to get more than 29 (say 30) and BUY THIS GAME You wont regretet if even for the laughs in the descriptions.
  18. Nov 12, 2010
    I cant get enough of this game! Im buying the 360 version (as soon as I get a 360, crossin my fingers for this Christmas) just so me and my friend (who likes the game even more) can play it all over again! Anyway, about this version, it has good graphics (for a TD game), good music (which I find myself humming throughout the day, even as I type this), and amazingly fun gameplay. From theI cant get enough of this game! Im buying the 360 version (as soon as I get a 360, crossin my fingers for this Christmas) just so me and my friend (who likes the game even more) can play it all over again! Anyway, about this version, it has good graphics (for a TD game), good music (which I find myself humming throughout the day, even as I type this), and amazingly fun gameplay. From the first time I started up the game, and saw a tombstone with "Adventure, 1-1", I was hooked; I completed adventure mode, and unlocked "Zen Garden" (not to mention all the other great modes), where I could grow non-aggresive plants in a garden, and gain some serious cash! Overall, this game was worth it's price...plus 10 dollars. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 was because some of the minigames are a little boring. Expand
  19. Nov 7, 2012
    It's rare you come across a genuinely funny game that forces you to think and think fast throughout the campaign. The humour and overall execution is outstanding. Pretty much everything about it has been crafted to make you smile and have a good time. And it's one big hidden advertisement for vegetables!
  20. Oct 11, 2010
    Amazingly fun playing. The story starts out as a zombies come on your property, all you have to defend yourself is a gattling pea. Zombies come in all sizes. Some even ride vechiles. They all have one destination, your house. The game has the best playback value I have ever seen. I still am trying to beat the game after a whole year.
  21. Apr 16, 2011
    This is for the Steam version.

This is a great casual game. It does exactly what it's supposed to do: Entertain. It has 50 levels of "Adventure mode" play which unlocks 20 mini-games, 11 survival mode games, and 18 puzzle games, not to mention the "zen garden," which has three different gardens itself. The mini-games are entertaining and I'm still working on the "endless" puzzles. If
    This is for the Steam version.

If you're looking for adrenalin pumping excitement and challenge, this isn't for you. If you're looking for fun, it is well worth the price. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because it doesn't have a "quick play" option to let me replay specific adventure mode levels. This game never fails to make me smile.
  22. MattR
    May 10, 2009
    Henry M is fucking retarded. Why do all these doctors keep trying to find a cure for cancer when all I have herpes? If a genre isn't for you, then don't play it numb nuts. Rate a game on its actual merits, preferably one you've actually played. I have beaten adventure mode twice and played through and beaten all minigames and puzzles and have come away from the experience Henry M is fucking retarded. Why do all these doctors keep trying to find a cure for cancer when all I have herpes? If a genre isn't for you, then don't play it numb nuts. Rate a game on its actual merits, preferably one you've actually played. I have beaten adventure mode twice and played through and beaten all minigames and puzzles and have come away from the experience extremely satisfied. This might technically be considered a casual game, but it's far from budget. Everything about this game screams polish and there is an amazing attention to detail and a great, pervasive sense of humor throughout. This game is truly phenomenal and immensely addictive. It has scads of variety and a boatload replay value as well. It's easily worth the retail price, but you can get it for half off if you buy it on Steam (they've also added achievements). Expand
  23. Mar 23, 2013
    Plants vs Zombies is a tower defense game, where hordes of zombies try to get to your house by using the lanes on your lawn. What you do is planting plants on those lanes in the hopes that they will defeat the zombies. These plants come in many variations (turrets, catapults, anti-air, anti-sea, armor piercing, and on the later levels you can freely choose what plants you want for eachPlants vs Zombies is a tower defense game, where hordes of zombies try to get to your house by using the lanes on your lawn. What you do is planting plants on those lanes in the hopes that they will defeat the zombies. These plants come in many variations (turrets, catapults, anti-air, anti-sea, armor piercing, and on the later levels you can freely choose what plants you want for each level. Also, as you play you unlock a load of minigames, and with the coins you earn by playing them you can buy new plants and upgrades for the main game. This took me by surprise, it's completely addictive, good natured fun, and some levels are real brain teasers. Warmly recommended to anyone who likes a good puzzle or tower defense game. Expand
  24. villadsNielsen
    Jun 6, 2009
    if there come a second ''plant vs zombies'' (plant vs zombies 2)
    it will be cool with online play (one team plants and one team zombies) and quick play will be cool too. It was just a idé.
    what ever it was a cool game.
  25. LthaakonD
    May 14, 2009
    A very surprising game that makes me laugh every time i play it. Is no only the story mode but puzzle mode, mini game mode, survival mode and the zen garden that makes this game long enough for 10 bucks. give it a try, you don't get disappointed.
  26. ChuckS
    May 19, 2009
    This is a very fun and unique game. Graphics are great and the difficulty ramps up perfectly.
  27. JP
    May 31, 2009
    Do people play games for FUN, or just the graphics? I just can't believe how shallow some people can be. And since when does a game have to look NEXT-GENERATIONED to get a good rating? Are you suggesting that 98% of us who give the game 9 or 10 are BLIND? Best of all, nobody is asking YOU to play it, or buy it. If you haven't played it, or are unwilling to try it out, don't Do people play games for FUN, or just the graphics? I just can't believe how shallow some people can be. And since when does a game have to look NEXT-GENERATIONED to get a good rating? Are you suggesting that 98% of us who give the game 9 or 10 are BLIND? Best of all, nobody is asking YOU to play it, or buy it. If you haven't played it, or are unwilling to try it out, don't rate here, moron. Everyone is surely entitled to his/her own opinion, but comments like Henry M's, Doug H's, Gango M's and G D's are too childish to be treated seriously. Oh yea, next time please look at the system requirement before you purchase a game. Game is absolutely fantastic in every way. The arts style, the music, the sound, level of difficulty and all the "endless" games are just making me come back to it every day. Do I care about the graphics? I do, and it fits perfectly the way game is portraited. This is just one of those that you can't miss out. If you intend to give a score below 8 on this game...something is wrong with you. End of my line. Expand
  28. StoyanN
    May 5, 2009
    Great game overall. The graphics are cute and well-done, even my kid liked it. The gameplay is addictive but very simple. This is definitely a great bang for your buck - most 10 $ games get boring before the end of their 30 minute demo, but this one is sure to keep you playing for hours, just like Peggle. The only reason I'm not giving this a 10 is because is because in my book only Great game overall. The graphics are cute and well-done, even my kid liked it. The gameplay is addictive but very simple. This is definitely a great bang for your buck - most 10 $ games get boring before the end of their 30 minute demo, but this one is sure to keep you playing for hours, just like Peggle. The only reason I'm not giving this a 10 is because is because in my book only full-fledged games like TES Oblivion or Baldur's Gate, for example, deserve them (as they can be played for, litterally, years). Expand
  29. AntL
    May 6, 2009
    The gameplay is deceptively simple, but way more fun than it deserves to be. Take the overdone tower defense-style game, strip it down, and give it a sense of humor and style of its own. Definitely worth the $10.
  30. KennyT
    May 12, 2009
    This is another winner from Popcaps. A really fun and addictive game. Hours will pass by without you noticing. I have a top of the line computer (i7 920, Gforce 280 GTX) and I knew what this game was before I bought it. I thoroughly enjoy games like this along with the top graphic candy games. There is nothing at all wrong with these types of games. Last time I checked, nobody is forcing This is another winner from Popcaps. A really fun and addictive game. Hours will pass by without you noticing. I have a top of the line computer (i7 920, Gforce 280 GTX) and I knew what this game was before I bought it. I thoroughly enjoy games like this along with the top graphic candy games. There is nothing at all wrong with these types of games. Last time I checked, nobody is forcing anyone to purchase this title. Great game. Worth every penny. Expand
  31. flankattack
    May 15, 2009
    This is, in my opinion, one of the best games Pop Cap have developed. This game is adictive and humorus. It's the sort of game that you play and play until you beat it, leave it alone for a year or so, then come back and do it again! A must buy for only $9.99!
  32. WesW
    May 5, 2009
    Great fun at a low price... not as sophisticated as Defense Grid, but complex in some very creative ways. Plants vs. Zombies is well worth your time. Popcap is known for its simple but entertaining titles, and this one is assuredly another hit for them.
  33. RyanF
    May 6, 2009
    Henry m have you even played the game?After the first five minutes of the demo i was convinced that this game would be great its a wonderful experience and i love it. And i too bought a high end PC but that doesn't mean that all games that don't need 4gigs of ram are bad. i personal think everyone with a pc should get this.
  34. RomanO
    May 6, 2009
    I like PopCap games. Plants vs. Zombies isn't an exception. It is funny, somehow cute and extremely entertaining. I can't understand Henry M though. There are a lot more nextgen games than those like Plants vs. Zombies and you shouldnt underrate it just because of its graphics. I have good PC too, but I still like Half-Life more than Crysis, no matter what graphics it has.
  35. AnonymousMC
    To Henry M....

Why the hell would you expect a POPCAP game to be technically demanding? What is the problem with having Crysis AND Peggle? Jesus christ, get over the fact that people besides hardcore gamers play games. This game is really well made, and it's 10 dollars. Totally worth buying.
  36. JamesR.
    May 6, 2009
    Pop cap just can't make a games that aren't addiciting. THe game is simple, fun, and has an interesting sense of humor. each plant and zombie type feel like it has it's own personaility. The mini games fit the feel of the main game very well. The game art is sharp, and agian, fits the game very well.
  37. AvramE
    May 6, 2009
    Great game. Simple, cute, fun and addicting. Who knew you could have zombies in a game without having some sort of horro element :P It doesn't matter if you have a good computer or not, a good game is a good game. Funny how people are allowed to even rate a game 0 without mention anything about the game.
  38. SamH
    May 6, 2009
    I rate this a 10 because Henry M is a moron for rating a game 0 because "this game isn't leet enough for him". The immature crowd is for the 360/PS3 owners, so maybe you should pick up your PC elitism and take it over there since he'll fit right in with 360/PS3 owners and their massive e-peens. Look into what actually makes a game good... not how many "gigaherzzz lol" it I rate this a 10 because Henry M is a moron for rating a game 0 because "this game isn't leet enough for him". The immature crowd is for the 360/PS3 owners, so maybe you should pick up your PC elitism and take it over there since he'll fit right in with 360/PS3 owners and their massive e-peens. Look into what actually makes a game good... not how many "gigaherzzz lol" it requires to run. Some of the best games ever made can run on a pentium 4. Frankly you're just the typical 13 year old maturity level ignorant PC gamer, who seems to think that unless it justifies your purchase to the fullest it MUST suck. Expand
  39. ChuckG
    May 6, 2009
    It's just fun. Pure fun. No, it doesn't exactly run on CryEngine2, but it's from PopCap - not known for ultra-realistic graphics, but cartoony fun. And this game will keep you entertained for hours on end. Buy it.
  40. RyanS
    May 6, 2009
    Amazing game, high replay ability, very affordable. For 10 bucks you get a greater sense of satisfaction then most 60 dollar games.
  41. ZachW
    May 7, 2009
    WOW! This game is a must buy. I saw this on Steam the other day, and decided it seemed quirky enough to try out. This game is great. So much fun in only 60 MB. I have played many great games, on every system since the NES. However, this is the first one that I have ever written a review for. Once the credits started rolling (with a very funny song playing), I decided this game deserved my WOW! This game is a must buy. I saw this on Steam the other day, and decided it seemed quirky enough to try out. This game is great. So much fun in only 60 MB. I have played many great games, on every system since the NES. However, this is the first one that I have ever written a review for. Once the credits started rolling (with a very funny song playing), I decided this game deserved my praise. If you are one of those, like myself, who thought Peggle was ok, but not mind-blowing, I think this game might be up your alley. Popcap did everything right, with this title. I can't wait for an expansion of some kind. Expand
  42. YipY
    May 7, 2009
    awesome game!!! keeps on surprising me with it's extensive content. don't listen to Henry M who gave it a ZERO because it's a small game. To Henry M: you sir, are retarded and clearly have no humor or life.
  43. SickOfThis
    May 7, 2009
    Woooo, a highly addictive game, saying it's like tower defense in style does it no justice. It's far more interesting than a tower defense game, and it's the greatest time consuming game I've had in ages. Metacritic fails because of people like this: "Henry M gave it a0: I rate this 0 because I bought a PC power gaming house - not to play commodore 64 games with but to Woooo, a highly addictive game, saying it's like tower defense in style does it no justice. It's far more interesting than a tower defense game, and it's the greatest time consuming game I've had in ages. Metacritic fails because of people like this: "Henry M gave it a0: I rate this 0 because I bought a PC power gaming house - not to play commodore 64 games with but to play the next generation of gaming. I'm getting tired of developers releasing mini game budget style. The IPhone is way over that way, if you want to be here then release something my machine was made for." However don't let his stupid scoring mislead you about this game, his rating should be deleted since it's not based on the game. Real gamers judge based on gameplay, replayability etc. PvZ's Graphics and sounds are simple yet charming and when a game ( especially survival and dark/fog levels ) is in full swing you'll be glad of the simple graphics and sounds, which allow you to easily recognise the foe you will be facing. I'd have rated it 9, nothing is perfect after all, but felt the need to go to 10 to counter-act the retarded score the above quoted "reviewer" gave. I suggest anyone else who feels it is worth a 9, bumps it up to 10 as well, so that this game gets the rating it deserves, not a low rating forced on it by f***tards like Henry M. Expand
  44. DavidL
    May 7, 2009
    Amazing game play, long hours of replayability, awesome soundtrack, and genuinely the real deal as far as addictive gameplay and overall greatness.
  45. AndyH
    May 9, 2009
    For £6.99 from Steam you can't help but feel that this might be one of the best value games on the market at the moment. Insanely playable, addictive and with a quirky sense of humour and art style. To "Henry M" I can only say that you have missed the point entirely. This game is far more playable than many of the so-called "next-generation" cookie-cutter FPSs flooding the For £6.99 from Steam you can't help but feel that this might be one of the best value games on the market at the moment. Insanely playable, addictive and with a quirky sense of humour and art style. To "Henry M" I can only say that you have missed the point entirely. This game is far more playable than many of the so-called "next-generation" cookie-cutter FPSs flooding the market with their beautifully detailed renditions of drab post-apocalyptic brown cityscapes populated by generic space marines. PvZ is innovative, original and deserves its place alongside other gaming greats. It is not trying to supplant or replace the Half-Life 2s of the industry - isn't there enough room on your hard drive for both? Expand
  46. OscarK
    Jun 2, 2009
    A very good game in my opinion! Kept me going on for many hours every day, and even when you are finished with Adventure Mode you can keep on doing a LOT of other stuff, including Minigames, Survival mode and Puzzle mode. Even includes an own garden so you can plant and take care of your very own plants that you use in the middle of fights elsewere in the game! The Adventure mode is even A very good game in my opinion! Kept me going on for many hours every day, and even when you are finished with Adventure Mode you can keep on doing a LOT of other stuff, including Minigames, Survival mode and Puzzle mode. Even includes an own garden so you can plant and take care of your very own plants that you use in the middle of fights elsewere in the game! The Adventure mode is even playable not only once, you can do it again, in a little harder state so it isn't too easy because of all your recent plants and upgrades, and that gives a plus. The shop is also awesome, because you will grind money till you have every single thing in the shop bought. Expand
  47. JoeF
    Jun 2, 2009
    With respects to G D who gave it a 4, you are supposed to be rating the full version, not the demo. In the full version, you'll be seeing a constant stream of new weapons and enemies that will keep you entertained. All around, it's not a groundbreaking game, but it is ridiculously fun.
  48. TimN
    Jun 9, 2009
    A fantastic game which keeps you occupied for hours. Simple idea but the huge range of mini games and modes just shows that the initial idea is immense. I normally play FPS games exclusively but 2 weeks after buying this I still can't put it down. A must buy - especially as it's £6.99 on Steam!!
  49. BryanL
    Jan 4, 2010
    A game that is so simple yet extremely addictive. One word, remarkable.
  50. AgentK
    Nov 16, 2009
    By far one of the best, most unique games I have ever played, right up there with Portal. Simple, fun, and extremely creative.
  51. TraisM
    Oct 15, 2009
    WHile obviously not as good at something like Half-Life 2, for a $10 game it's pretty outstanding. I beat it long ago, but I still return to it's wealth of mini-games and survival modes. The limitless amount of profiles is a nice touch, (just click the 'this is not me' or whatever button under the player's name) and I play the Whack-A-Zombie mini game, oh, at WHile obviously not as good at something like Half-Life 2, for a $10 game it's pretty outstanding. I beat it long ago, but I still return to it's wealth of mini-games and survival modes. The limitless amount of profiles is a nice touch, (just click the 'this is not me' or whatever button under the player's name) and I play the Whack-A-Zombie mini game, oh, at least 20 times a week. Expand
  52. NC
    Dec 29, 2009
    I would like to thank George Fan and PopCap for my new favorite popcap game! This game is easy, but further levels add a challenge. And with popcap publishing this, it's gonna have to be under 20 dollars. The graphics are awesome, excellent quality, and it runs on very small GHz processors. It's just amazing. If you enjoy tower defense games, comedy, and just plain fun, buy this I would like to thank George Fan and PopCap for my new favorite popcap game! This game is easy, but further levels add a challenge. And with popcap publishing this, it's gonna have to be under 20 dollars. The graphics are awesome, excellent quality, and it runs on very small GHz processors. It's just amazing. If you enjoy tower defense games, comedy, and just plain fun, buy this now. It's good for kids and adults. Expand
  53. EM
    Dec 4, 2009
    I find Plants Vs. Zombies to be a tremendous bang for your buck. It has plenty of mini-games and replay value to keep you coming back for more, and only $10! It's really good if you've got a laptop with an Intel graphics accelerator and want to play a fun game.
  54. ChrisM
    May 11, 2009
    Good: Awesome value for the money. Very fun. New minigames and features constantly opening up as you play. Bad: Very low resolution that can't be changed.
  55. TimmyG
    May 11, 2009
    This is one of the best games ever. Even as a 2-D game, it has some of the best high-quality graphics available towards the 2-D Tower Defense Genre of gaming--possibly the best. This game is like a pill that you take every afternoon and gets you sucked into it's universe. Living plants shooting zombies with peas? How about lighting the peas on fire with burning tree stumps? And last This is one of the best games ever. Even as a 2-D game, it has some of the best high-quality graphics available towards the 2-D Tower Defense Genre of gaming--possibly the best. This game is like a pill that you take every afternoon and gets you sucked into it's universe. Living plants shooting zombies with peas? How about lighting the peas on fire with burning tree stumps? And last but not least..Zombie MJ?! Expand
  56. JustinW
    May 12, 2009
    If you have ever played and enjoyed a tower defense game you will love this game. Perhaps the only drawback is that the game is too addicting. That means you may come down with some carpal tunnel syndrome. But seriously I started playiing the game, and mousing in general, with my left hand (I'm a righty). I've been playing it nonstop, letting the zen garden sit in the background If you have ever played and enjoyed a tower defense game you will love this game. Perhaps the only drawback is that the game is too addicting. That means you may come down with some carpal tunnel syndrome. But seriously I started playiing the game, and mousing in general, with my left hand (I'm a righty). I've been playing it nonstop, letting the zen garden sit in the background while I do other things and killing tons of zombies with my big bad pea shooters. There is a free demo available on Steam, I played that for an hour then bought it immediately, I bet you will too. Best 10 Bucks in gaming. Expand
  57. stefanm
    May 13, 2009
    It is so great! Maybe the best game I ever played in my life! Can't get enought from Plants vs. Zombies. Me (and my friends) had great fun with the game. I can absolutly recommend that to everybody!
  58. IsaacP
    May 13, 2009
    Best game from PopCap ever. And this is coming from an ex-peggle addict. This game is humorous and very addicting. All through school I was thinking, come on end already! I wanna shoot some peas! For $10 this is a great buy. It will last you a very long time. Yes the gfx are 2-D but 2-D has class. I am running a PC PowerHouse (dual 8800s, quad core) and I'd take this game over titles Best game from PopCap ever. And this is coming from an ex-peggle addict. This game is humorous and very addicting. All through school I was thinking, come on end already! I wanna shoot some peas! For $10 this is a great buy. It will last you a very long time. Yes the gfx are 2-D but 2-D has class. I am running a PC PowerHouse (dual 8800s, quad core) and I'd take this game over titles such as Fallout 3, BF2142, Crysis. Basically everything but Call of Duty 4. Expand
  59. MichaelF
    May 13, 2009
    The humor alone is worth the price of admission. The gameplay is fun, the variety is fantastic, and the addiction level of the game is off the charts. Highly recommend to casual players, strategy players, or anyone that enjoys a good laugh while playing a fun game.
  60. AndreasH
    May 17, 2009
    Great game!! Popcam did it once again, so much playability and gameplay. I was truly stunned, the game is long, but without getting boring.
  61. ToyochS
    May 18, 2009
    |GAMEPLAY : It's a Tower Defense. with Plants as your towers, and Zombies as your enemies. You encounter them as you play Adventure mode, and those change your tactics nearly every levels. |DIFFICULTY : This game starts out easy, but minigames(namely, Bobsled Bonanza and Pogo Party are most difficult ones I thought) and Endless Challenge/Survivals are quite a challenge.| GRAPHIC :|GAMEPLAY : It's a Tower Defense. with Plants as your towers, and Zombies as your enemies. You encounter them as you play Adventure mode, and those change your tactics nearly every levels. |DIFFICULTY : This game starts out easy, but minigames(namely, Bobsled Bonanza and Pogo Party are most difficult ones I thought) and Endless Challenge/Survivals are quite a challenge.| GRAPHIC : Cute, Well-done 2D pixels. good games DOESN'T require 3D high-poly models and gores. | Sounds : catchy musics. sorta. | PROS : Hilarious stuffs, Lots of minigames, Zen Garden | CONS : Popcap's original price($19) and Steam's price($9.99), why popcap does so on their games? | Expand
  62. Jean-PierreS
    May 18, 2009
    I found that game, because you can earn achievements at the demo - but then i saw:It's a very funny tower defense game & only costs 9,99
  63. TinaM
    May 22, 2009
    Out of the few games I've downloaded on Steam, this by far is the one I keep coming back to. The fact that its such a simple game, there's quite a lot to do in it. Not to mention unlock. The music is catchy, the art style is cute ( as cute as a zombie can get really) and the objectives are straight forward.
  64. 6SiX8
    May 28, 2009
    I agree with the majority and think the 9 other KIDS trying to review this need not bother reviewing games anymore. This game has strategy written all over it. Getting bored just means you have a very short attention span and obviously no love for gaming. The only reason this game lost a point is because of it being a bit overpriced.
  65. AaronR
    May 31, 2009
    I think that Henry is missing something. Pop Cap is not going to put out a high quality game, that's not their style. They became famous by doing these retro games. If you don't like the game, find a developer that has lots of money to put into a game. That said, PvZ has its place, otherwise you wouldn't see all those 9s and 10s!
  66. EraiD
    May 30, 2009
    If you like tower defense, buy. For ppl like G D; go play WoW and leave small time developer games alone. Note: Honestly, who makes comments based on a demo?
  67. ChrisO
    May 5, 2009
    Addicting. For the $$ this is an amazing value. Various game play modes, mini games and more. I keep comming back to play it some more and see what the next level holds.
  68. StevenP
    May 6, 2009
    Henry M for wasting his cash and showing how ignorance is dangerous. But honestly this is a great game. Caught me by suprise and had me addicted quickly. Along with good humor and very simple gameplay. Good value for any gamer... unless you blasted a few grand to play games that only look good then you should probably find a more useful way to spend your time and money.
  69. CodyS
    May 6, 2009
    Amazing game for such a simple yet effective concept. A blast to play and it's got an amazing level of humor. There's plenty of plants to choose from and every zombie that walks onto your screen will crack you up every time. Try the demo on Steam if your wary, but after that 60 minute demo, I'm sure you'll be buying it within 5 minutes.
  70. DominikM
    May 6, 2009
    Games don't need ultra-realistic graphics and physics, games need to be fun and this game IS fun.
  71. BjarneF
    May 7, 2009
    Again PopCap proves why they're the best at casual game making. I haven't even played this game to the end, but its gotten its zombie hooks (and cute leaves) into me! Just so hard to let this game go. Trust me on this one: You'll have a ball with this game.
  72. KevinT
    May 7, 2009
    The game is excellent for what I've played thus far. The game's early levels have a gentle learning curve, but it isn't too easy. Night mode, bowling mode and other quirks help to keep the game fresh. And Henry M? If you 'don't want to play Commodore 64 games', then next time, don't play them.
  73. mrg
    May 7, 2009
    Henry M: Dont play it if you dont like it, your comment is the reason I dont trust most user rating systems. People tend to 0 rate things that dont deserve a 0 rating at all -- lighten up and enjoy the game, not the specs!! This is game is great fun , period.
  74. Frank
    May 7, 2009
    I am floored by the unexpected fun I got out of this game so far. When I first saw PvZ on steam I rolled my eyes and scoffed, but after seeing the adorable music video I decided to give it a try. This is a great example of what is really important in a game, fun. I bought Braid a little while ago and while it has amazing "painting" style graphics, time control puzzles, and is critically I am floored by the unexpected fun I got out of this game so far. When I first saw PvZ on steam I rolled my eyes and scoffed, but after seeing the adorable music video I decided to give it a try. This is a great example of what is really important in a game, fun. I bought Braid a little while ago and while it has amazing "painting" style graphics, time control puzzles, and is critically acclaimed I really just don't find it that fun. PvZ may not have the same polished looks or rave reviews but it sure is a lot of fun in my book. I give it a solid 9, for fun factor, comedy value, addictive-ness, value, and for zombies. I would easily pay $20 for this game if they polished the graphics a bit, made it available in widescreen, and gave it some challenging achievements. Expand
  75. JamesB
    May 7, 2009
    Henry M and his "Power Gaming House" should probably stick to something flashy and brainless- perhaps sticking his own leg in a lawn mower would be a sufficiently visceral experience. This is game crafting at it's best and you'll be playing for weeks. It's the kind of game where you sit up from your computer and realise you've just spent 4 straight hours glued to the Henry M and his "Power Gaming House" should probably stick to something flashy and brainless- perhaps sticking his own leg in a lawn mower would be a sufficiently visceral experience. This is game crafting at it's best and you'll be playing for weeks. It's the kind of game where you sit up from your computer and realise you've just spent 4 straight hours glued to the screen. You won't mind though, those Zombies had it coming. What is most surprising is it's depth; without mentioning all the mini-games and extra bits, the main game forces you to make really tough decisions all the time: do you really NEED the Jalapeno for this lesson or can you get by without it and put in the gatling pea attachment for some extra firepower? Great game, impossible to dislike. (Unless, like Henry, you get your kicks from watching your POWER GAMING HOUSE make pretty colours for you) ;) Expand
  76. Mertsch
    May 7, 2009
    This is the first game where completing the game means unlocking even more game modes which get you hooked up for hours. I've been playing this game for two days straight and it still does not get old.
  77. MarkT
    May 8, 2009
    Totally entertaining, and a very worthwhile $10. My only gripe - people who play games regularly will find it much too easy (early on at least) .. a hard mode would have been appreciated. I also believe this would make for some hilarious player vs player action, if you could find a way of allowing one player to unleash zombie hordes upon the other.
  78. RobB
    May 8, 2009
    It's tower defence with a great twist. You can download it in 20 seconds and it'll keep you engrossed for hours. A very entertaining and addictive game and one that is instantly playable by just just about anyone. It's funny, it's fun and with a free hour long demo you have absolutely no reason not to try this. Go grab it.
  79. JCH
    May 8, 2009
    Of all possible user ratings, Metacrtics would allow Henry M to actually put his retarded review in here!??!!? WTF. Metacritics can at least have the decency to get rid of retarded and moronic reviews like Henry M. He's nothing but a troll and full of bs. PC power gaming house my ***. In regards to this game, its a great defense type of game, which provides a great stress relief Of all possible user ratings, Metacrtics would allow Henry M to actually put his retarded review in here!??!!? WTF. Metacritics can at least have the decency to get rid of retarded and moronic reviews like Henry M. He's nothing but a troll and full of bs. PC power gaming house my ***. In regards to this game, its a great defense type of game, which provides a great stress relief after an intensive fps or rts. The unique spin that the developers put on this game has definitely breathed new life into the genre. Anyone, gamer or not, should consider picking this title up. And to reiterate once more, Henry M is an idiot who doesn't understand squat. Expand
  80. JuniR
    May 9, 2009
    Henry M's review amused me but not as much as the game as the latter has way more depth. This game could be multi-platform and I'd like to think they'd release it for the DS like they did Peggle cos I'd play it even more. My "power house" PC plays Left4Dead (my current favourite) and Empire Total War with glorious eye candy and audio. This game has way less bugs than Henry M's review amused me but not as much as the game as the latter has way more depth. This game could be multi-platform and I'd like to think they'd release it for the DS like they did Peggle cos I'd play it even more. My "power house" PC plays Left4Dead (my current favourite) and Empire Total War with glorious eye candy and audio. This game has way less bugs than both of those amd combines zombies and strategy in a simple but engrossingly clever and addictive game. You'd only rate this 0 if you never even played it... or it was too hard for you. Expand
  81. HarveyD
    Jun 19, 2009
    Amazing. Simply addictive from beginning to end. The developers did everything right: constantly changing gameplay (fog of war, angular-warfare, etc), new weapons (after almost every stage), longevity (even after the main story is over, the game isn't). This is the type of game that I guarantee anyone can pick up, play, and find themselves not letting go. A friend watching me play Amazing. Simply addictive from beginning to end. The developers did everything right: constantly changing gameplay (fog of war, angular-warfare, etc), new weapons (after almost every stage), longevity (even after the main story is over, the game isn't). This is the type of game that I guarantee anyone can pick up, play, and find themselves not letting go. A friend watching me play this game got to asking me: "What does that plant do? And that one? Well what would happen if you did this..." Then, after playing one level, got completely addicted. This game is an example of what all independent developers should strive for in terms of quality production values and entertainment. Highly recommended. Expand
  82. BrumbekB
    Jun 2, 2009
    Pure genius, hilarious, addictive. It's so worth $10 US on Steam. I estimate I'll put 20 hours into this, which equates to $0.50 per hour, which is a very, very fine deal. I've never played a PopCap game before because they seemed quaint and simplistic, but PvZ is so funny and super-clever and is just as entertaining as the big names like Fallout 3, Empire Total War, ect. Pure genius, hilarious, addictive. It's so worth $10 US on Steam. I estimate I'll put 20 hours into this, which equates to $0.50 per hour, which is a very, very fine deal. I've never played a PopCap game before because they seemed quaint and simplistic, but PvZ is so funny and super-clever and is just as entertaining as the big names like Fallout 3, Empire Total War, ect. It truly is the pinnacle of this genre. To summarize: I will never forget the wonderfully charming experience PvZ has provided, and I'm a better person for it, haha. Also, I'm as "hardcore" as you get with a very powerful computer but I Expand
  83. ML
    Jul 10, 2009
    PopCap has the reputation of taking simple and/or old games and piling tons and tons of polish on them producing, in most cases, the gold standard in that genre. Plants vs. Zombies continues in that tradition hands down by turning Tower Defense games into hours and hours of fun that can be enjoyed by young, old, and all ages in between. I feel I can't give it 10/10 though simply PopCap has the reputation of taking simple and/or old games and piling tons and tons of polish on them producing, in most cases, the gold standard in that genre. Plants vs. Zombies continues in that tradition hands down by turning Tower Defense games into hours and hours of fun that can be enjoyed by young, old, and all ages in between. I feel I can't give it 10/10 though simply because of the appalling step backwards PopCap took in regards to its graphics for this release. PvZ plays at 800x600. That's it. Nothing larger, nothing smaller. Contrast this to previous PopCap games such as Bejeweled Twist that plays at ANY resolution by using a vector graphics engine. PopCap is capable of producing games that run at multiple resolutions and simply failed to for this release. For this, it loses a mark and gets a 9. Expand
  84. JamesA
    Jul 4, 2009
    those people who gave this game 0 (or gave it a low score) just because it doesn't great graphic are the worst critics/gamers ever. A game isn't about graphics, it's about game play and replay value. This game is addictive and challenging, as well as being fun. For $20, this game is worth it! Mini-games are fun and have great concept, adventure mode is challenging to the those people who gave this game 0 (or gave it a low score) just because it doesn't great graphic are the worst critics/gamers ever. A game isn't about graphics, it's about game play and replay value. This game is addictive and challenging, as well as being fun. For $20, this game is worth it! Mini-games are fun and have great concept, adventure mode is challenging to the mind, the garden is great. Honestly, if you don't like game because of the game play, I'm fine with but what I'm not okay is when you don't like game just because it's graphics. It's just a bad excuse to hate the game. Anyway, buy this game if you like tower defense or strategy, then get it, it's worth every cent you spent. Collapse
  85. MilesP
    Jul 9, 2009
    This game is great! It's incredibly creative, and makes it easy to play for those inexperienced or lacking a newer computer (for playing graphics heavy games, which this is not) and is still challenging for the average gamer. I played this game straight and no other for a whole two weeks- and then got my nephew hooked on it when I was done. He shared the same opinion (but theres not This game is great! It's incredibly creative, and makes it easy to play for those inexperienced or lacking a newer computer (for playing graphics heavy games, which this is not) and is still challenging for the average gamer. I played this game straight and no other for a whole two weeks- and then got my nephew hooked on it when I was done. He shared the same opinion (but theres not much age difference between us). And as such I am ashamed that so many people here are picky about the graphics, since when has any game EVER revolved around graphics? Who here has played Super Mario 64? It was an incredible game too, but sharper graphics at the time were available. Don't give bad reviews just because of graphics. Expand
  86. GrahamHudson
    Aug 23, 2009
    A must-have game for anyone who likes PC games. This is the best combination of humour, challenge, addiction and variety that I have ever seen in a game. If you own a laptop/netbook, buy this game as it will be your travel companion for all those long trips. I've sunk more than 50 hours of game play into this and I still have lots of achievements to get.
  87. Mr.Toad
    Jan 13, 2010
    Hideously addictive. Of course, once you've finished everything it loses a bit of freshness, but it took me about 50 hours of playing it non-stop until it felt a bit repetitive. The humor is one of it's greatest qualities, and for only 7£ it's a clear winner. So sure, it might be an arcade game that can fit on an Iphone, and so what? It's an excellent example Hideously addictive. Of course, once you've finished everything it loses a bit of freshness, but it took me about 50 hours of playing it non-stop until it felt a bit repetitive. The humor is one of it's greatest qualities, and for only 7£ it's a clear winner. So sure, it might be an arcade game that can fit on an Iphone, and so what? It's an excellent example that you don't need a complex story and expensive graphics to make a good game. Good games are fun, entertaining, and occasionnaly make you think. Plants vs. Zombies has it all. Expand
  88. RafalB
    Nov 28, 2009
    Very funny and crazy game. Zombies are funny (espetiality reaction after ate a garlic :D), too. Good graphic, good voices and good resolution (PvZ running on my PC - 1 GHz, 512 DDR and 256 MB DDR2 video card - this game have only one year!).9 because sometimes game is boring or too dificult. Also very good minigames (puzzle, aquarium etc).
  89. cecilea
    Dec 16, 2009
    very good game : simple, fun, creative, and really addictive (dont ask me why : you'll become !!!) Now, coming back home after work, in the car i ask myself : how will i kill zombies tonight ? stress and cooperation with left 4 dead, or fun and laugh by using mushroom ?... depends of my day and my boss ;-) at 10
  90. K.G.
    Dec 23, 2009
    Amazing. Simply put. Amazing. If you illegaly downloaded or pirated this game for free... you realy need to go buy the real thing. Pop Cap deserveds this one.
  91. AlbertoM
    Dec 27, 2009
    One of the funniest and crazyest game ever!!!! A must!!!
  92. AlexB
    Dec 28, 2009
    Been playing it for 3 days straight. Highly addictive. Very original.
  93. MattS
    Dec 7, 2009
    My first and only 10...and with good reason. Steam tells me I have put over 300 hours of my life into this simple little game since May and yet I completed the main game in a couple of weekends. Where has all the time gone? Into puzzles and challenges and playing through the main game again and the Zen Garden...and playing through the main game again...the replay here is beyond My first and only 10...and with good reason. Steam tells me I have put over 300 hours of my life into this simple little game since May and yet I completed the main game in a couple of weekends. Where has all the time gone? Into puzzles and challenges and playing through the main game again and the Zen Garden...and playing through the main game again...the replay here is beyond comparison. I haven't been this engaged since the original Civilization and like Civ watched so much of my life vanish as I stared at my PC screen. If you haven't bought this game, shame on you. Now go get it before I send you to time out...you can thank me later. Expand
  94. DanE
    May 11, 2009
    For the price you arent going to find many other games of this caliber. PopCap has really stepped it up a notch in the game design of this robust and highly polished treasure. Its a whole new take on the "Tower Defense" game style adding strategy, planning, a high level of choice, as well an an incredible amount of fun feel. The amount of longevity is amazing as well, allowing you to For the price you arent going to find many other games of this caliber. PopCap has really stepped it up a notch in the game design of this robust and highly polished treasure. Its a whole new take on the "Tower Defense" game style adding strategy, planning, a high level of choice, as well an an incredible amount of fun feel. The amount of longevity is amazing as well, allowing you to continue to challenge yourself with additional play modes and mini-games long after you complete the main story mode. A new bar has been set for the casual category. Expand
  95. MichaelG
    May 11, 2009
    I'm helplessly addicted! for only $9.99, this game is so worth it. It has allot of replay value and extra challenges to keep you playing, with many funny bits mixed in too. GREAT music video after credits!!
  96. GavanB
    May 16, 2009
    This game elevates the tower defense genre to a new height. The innovations are subtle, and invisible to most players, but they transform tower defense into a much more interactive, chaotic, and fun gameplay experience. There are 3 major innovations in this game that much improve the Tower Defense genre, and are sure to become the new standard for games to come. The first innovation, This game elevates the tower defense genre to a new height. The innovations are subtle, and invisible to most players, but they transform tower defense into a much more interactive, chaotic, and fun gameplay experience. There are 3 major innovations in this game that much improve the Tower Defense genre, and are sure to become the new standard for games to come. The first innovation, which is an old concept, is income (sunlight) is gained through manual collection (clicking), from player built resource generators (sunflowers). These sunflowers can be compared to the concept of a mine in BFME2 or warcraft 3. The difference is the player must physically click on the resource to obtain it. This adds an element of mass chaos, because the more sunflowers you have the more time you will have to spend collecting those resources. Which is easy, until there are 30 zombies destroying your beautifully structured layout. You are then forced to decide where to focus your energies... your income or killing your attackers. These 2 stream of player thought greatly increase both strategy, and gameplay. Compared to previous TD games, who's gameplay consists merely of Build and Watch. Collecting sunlight also gives the player a sense that he is working for his money. Excellent. The second innovation is the grid system! In previous TD games, enemies spawn from 1 or 2 holes that the enemies puke out of and follow your contructed maze of buildings towards their final destination. In PvZ, all the enemies invade in a single direction, on a 5X8 grid. In TD terms, there are 5 lanes. So what? Well, this forces a player to distribute his defenses over 5 lanes. Heavily fortifying 1 lane is pointless. The final major innovation, is the purpose of the game itself. In other tower defense games, you are essentially trying to stop a mass of invading units from reaching a destination. In PvZ, your buildings act as armour for your house. The zombies do not bypass your buildings, they immediately start attacking them. This may sound like a minor difference, but it completely changes the way you think about the game. Your plants are not these towers attempting to try to stop invaders, they are UNITS! When you lose one, you hate it. Especially because they are so cute. On top of all this amazing innovation, the game is funny. No, actually it's hilarious. It isn't funny in a nerdy videogame funny kind of way. It is funny in a clever, Shawn of the Dead kind of way. It is one of the only games in my 20+ years experience of being a hardcore gamer that has actually made me laugh out loud FOR REAL on many occasions. I suggest everyone and their dog, even people who hate existing tower defense games (myself), try this game immediately. Expand
  97. AdamR
    May 16, 2009
    Popcaps Magnum Opus. Start with the simple, addicting premise and quality base game play we have come to expect from Popcap. Now, add layers of challenge and Strategy to keep even experienced players busy, while remaining somewhat forgiving for the more casual experience. All the plants are interesting and balanced, and each new zombie adds unique challenges. They could have stopped Popcaps Magnum Opus. Start with the simple, addicting premise and quality base game play we have come to expect from Popcap. Now, add layers of challenge and Strategy to keep even experienced players busy, while remaining somewhat forgiving for the more casual experience. All the plants are interesting and balanced, and each new zombie adds unique challenges. They could have stopped there, and been a great game...but then did not stop there. Add in Day and Night, pool versus no pool, and the roof, each subset adding its own unique strategy, play style, and plants, as well as the second play through forcing you to think up new strategies. Throw in a bunch of varied in game mini games, just frequent enough to keep you interested, just spaced enough to not feel intrusive, with a varied level of difficulty, which often times rewards your skill so far. Add in 2 Puzzle modes which build on the strategies even more, and look at the game from an entirely different perspective. Throw in a HUGE number of mini games, all vastly different. Throw in Survival to test your raw talent. Then the Zen garden, not only a cute little side game, but also opening up options in the store, which gives you a large amount of options for customization, and further revising your strategies. Tie this all together in a package polished to a mirror sheen, jam packed with some of the most charming, irreverent humor since Portal. Even the end credits rival Portal. I don't even have to hesitate before I give Plants versus Zombies the award for best casual game of all time. If you want to play a casual game, buy PvZ, or else there's something seriously wrong with you. Oh, and if you haven't bought it yet, the game is $20 on Popcaps site, and $9.99 on Steam. Expand
  98. BrianT
    May 18, 2009
    PopCap is evil. They take a standard idea and hone it to a razor's edge. This game is so addictive and engrossing you will lose all conception of the passage of time. Even when you think you have finished the game, you have not. After completing the main game if you re-enter it the difficulty will be increased by the game having chosen some of your plants for you. Making you try new PopCap is evil. They take a standard idea and hone it to a razor's edge. This game is so addictive and engrossing you will lose all conception of the passage of time. Even when you think you have finished the game, you have not. After completing the main game if you re-enter it the difficulty will be increased by the game having chosen some of your plants for you. Making you try new ways of playing. There so many additional pieces to this game they can't be covered in this space. Give the game a try you will be pleasantly surprised. Expand
  99. TimH
    May 21, 2009
    A fun and great play. For only $9.99 and the amount of play time you get has to be the best buy of the the year and just a fun laid back game. enjoyed every min. of the game. and really loved the Puzzle Games. Buy This Game!
  100. TomK
    Jun 27, 2009
    Whilst starting at a slow pace, the game soon picks up to an alarming, adrenaline-filled masterpiece. The music, animation and simplistic graphics are just wonderful. It is horrifically addictive. I've just got this at the same time as Crysis and I can quite easily say I much prefer PvZ. I've argued with my parents quite a lot recently because I've stayed glued to my seat Whilst starting at a slow pace, the game soon picks up to an alarming, adrenaline-filled masterpiece. The music, animation and simplistic graphics are just wonderful. It is horrifically addictive. I've just got this at the same time as Crysis and I can quite easily say I much prefer PvZ. I've argued with my parents quite a lot recently because I've stayed glued to my seat gaping at this sparkling diamond of a game. I can wholeheartedly say to BUY THIS GAME! Expand

1. Plants vs. Zombies is a huge game with a great sense of humor, and while it tends to play itself once a strategy is completed and the field of fire constructed, putting it all together and experimenting with the possibilities stays fun for a long, long time. [Summer 2009]
    Plants vs Zombies is what casual gaming is really all about; it's intuitive, easy to start and stop at any time, and has a tremendous variety of gameplay modes.
  3. Pop Cap realizes another masterpiece. Plants Vs. Zombies re-invents tower defense game and offer a great number of minigames and other activities.