8.9

1. JosephS.
    May 6, 2009
    It's a fun game, does what it's ment to do, and does it well. It has personality and it has style. I loved the zombie bowling minigame, as well as the the overall art direction. It's definitly worth the $10 on steam, and with the amout of actual content is worth the $20 if you want a boxed copy.
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    Es un juego muy,muy bueno su trama,graficos,movilidad son exelentes,es un juego divertido su critica se merece un 10 de 10,100 de 100,yo lo recomiendo.
  3. May 6, 2015
    This game, is amazing. If only EA had not ripped the heart out of PopCap by owning them... Then maybe there would have been a chance for an amazing sequel, but instead it was infected with greedy developers full of FTP plaguing aspects.

this game is a 10/10 without question, but PVZ 2 is maybe a 2/10, and that is being generous. If you have not played PVZ original, and are wasting

If you have not played PVZ original, and are wasting your time with PVZ 2. I pity you, I truly do.

Unbelievable game supporting the ORIGINAL developer, that was canned during EA take over. Stop ruining benevolent companies please EA. You are a cancer that won't stop metastasizing....
  4. MarkA
    May 6, 2009
    It's a great little game. Not as difficult as some other tower defense-a-likes and the zombies only go in one direction, but the graphics are really well done, and it's fun to see what crazy zombies PopCap came up with. Plus, I have a PC gaming power house and I'm still playing this game! ;)
  5. LeafRunner
    May 10, 2009
    Flawless, without doubt, this is the greatest Tower Defense of all. I thought Popcap was all casual gaming, but this brings out a little bit of hardcore gaming. You haven't seen tower defense until you've seen this.
  6. johncasillo
    May 5, 2009
    Beast game keeps getting better as you go further in the game and new plants each level you go through also fun minigames that can help you buy new plants to beat harder levels which makes the game more playablity for the player rather than having to replay a level 4-5 times just to get past it
  7. MinaO
    May 5, 2009
    Addicting and charming. Far more depth than your average casual game with an irresistible art style and a cheeky sense of self-mockery. Plants vs. Zombies is not only a classic tower defense game, but offers a wide range of mini-games which are unlocked while playing the Adventure Mode. My only complaint would be that I have to lower the resolution on my computer to play it. The game is Addicting and charming. Far more depth than your average casual game with an irresistible art style and a cheeky sense of self-mockery. Plants vs. Zombies is not only a classic tower defense game, but offers a wide range of mini-games which are unlocked while playing the Adventure Mode. My only complaint would be that I have to lower the resolution on my computer to play it. The game is suited for a resolution of 1024x768 and is blurry and unplayable in 1600x1050. Expand
  8. MichaelM
    May 5, 2009
    Incredibly addicting. Plants Vs. Zombies mixes together two of my favorite things, Zombies and gardening. Well...not really, but still if I had plants like these I'd be a gardener. The style is both humorous and interesting. The variation in both the types of plants and zombies, keeps you interested as you don't feel the game growing repetitive. On top of that there are various Incredibly addicting. Plants Vs. Zombies mixes together two of my favorite things, Zombies and gardening. Well...not really, but still if I had plants like these I'd be a gardener. The style is both humorous and interesting. The variation in both the types of plants and zombies, keeps you interested as you don't feel the game growing repetitive. On top of that there are various modes of play, including humorous mini-games such as Wallnut Bowling. You'd have to have gotten your brain eaten in order to not enjoy this game. Expand
  9. StefanM
    May 6, 2009
    What a fantastic game ! Maybe the best game I ever played. It is so much fun to defense the lawn.
  10. DanielT
    May 8, 2009
    A great game. Frankly, it shouldn't matter if your computer is a 'gaming power house' if the game play is good, then the graphics should be #2 on the list of important things. (besides, if you were looking for a graphically intense game, it shows a slight lack of foresight by buying this one). Awesome levels, dynamic strategy, clever and witty nuggets abound, this is A great game. Frankly, it shouldn't matter if your computer is a 'gaming power house' if the game play is good, then the graphics should be #2 on the list of important things. (besides, if you were looking for a graphically intense game, it shows a slight lack of foresight by buying this one). Awesome levels, dynamic strategy, clever and witty nuggets abound, this is PopCap's best yet. Expand
  11. CW
    Nov 20, 2009
    Remarkably simple, but remarkably addictive. It's a tower defense game that manages to keep its appeal over time. The numerous plants, variety of enemies, and endless survival mode make this game one of the best values you'll find for the cost. Add on top of that the level of humor they've managed to cram in, and you'll put a ridiculous number of hours into this game.
  12. LukeO
    Oct 8, 2009
    I got this game purely on the reviews it received and when I loaded it upfor the first time, I was disappointed. The flash-game type graphics and horizontal, linear gameplay made me regret it at first, but the more I played it, the old adage to never, ever judge a book by it's cover hit the mark again. Engrossing, tactical, exciting gameplay coupled with heaps of great unlockables I got this game purely on the reviews it received and when I loaded it upfor the first time, I was disappointed. The flash-game type graphics and horizontal, linear gameplay made me regret it at first, but the more I played it, the old adage to never, ever judge a book by it's cover hit the mark again. Engrossing, tactical, exciting gameplay coupled with heaps of great unlockables and delightful, quirky humour prove yet again that graphics don't mean everything, and doesn't mean a game doesn't have high polish. I've spent many enjoyable hours playing this game, unbelievable value for money. The best $10 I've ever spent. Expand
  13. KenL
    May 22, 2009
    Really fun and easy game. Comes to show you don't always need high end graphics and hardware to make a game good...or even storyline.
  14. EricA
    May 20, 2009
    Got the game for 5$ and I feel guilty. Great game. Simple, lots of lvls, lots of puzzles, and lots of variations in gameplay. Replays well. I've gotten 20 hours so far out of the game and still haven't finished.
  15. MaxM
    May 30, 2009
    At first when i played the demo on steam i was pretty surprised ,because it was a funny new idea and also very different from tower defense i think.It was really fun to play.I have to agree,that it has a slow start but after it its very fun to counter the different abilities of the zombies.Also the different Level types where you have to use different plants to win made me think that its At first when i played the demo on steam i was pretty surprised ,because it was a funny new idea and also very different from tower defense i think.It was really fun to play.I have to agree,that it has a slow start but after it its very fun to counter the different abilities of the zombies.Also the different Level types where you have to use different plants to win made me think that its a genius game.After the story it also doesnt end.There are many mini games and puzzles,which make a lot of fun and sometimes they arent easy.Also i like the way how they make it like comedy.Its totally different from humour like in Overlord and its not brutal or something.All in all i can just say buy it and you do nothing wrong. Expand
  16. FrancisB
    May 5, 2009
    This game is very addicting. I had my doubts in the beginning but after playing the first few minutes, I was strangely addicted. Be one of the many zombie fans and try it out.
  17. ChrisR
    May 5, 2009
    Amazing game. I love tower defense games as well as action games and this combines both. It's artistic style is humorous and the game is just pure fun.
  18. BenF
    Jul 2, 2009
    Plants vs. Zombies is a great game even if you run out of things to do the endless survival is a real challenge i got to 29 flags before the zombonies destroyed my tallnuts, all my chery bombs where killed, and my corn cannons where Destroyed :( Try to get more than 29 (say 30) and BUY THIS GAME You wont regretet if even for the laughs in the descriptions.
  19. Nov 12, 2010
    I cant get enough of this game! Im buying the 360 version (as soon as I get a 360, crossin my fingers for this Christmas) just so me and my friend (who likes the game even more) can play it all over again! Anyway, about this version, it has good graphics (for a TD game), good music (which I find myself humming throughout the day, even as I type this), and amazingly fun gameplay. From theI cant get enough of this game! Im buying the 360 version (as soon as I get a 360, crossin my fingers for this Christmas) just so me and my friend (who likes the game even more) can play it all over again! Anyway, about this version, it has good graphics (for a TD game), good music (which I find myself humming throughout the day, even as I type this), and amazingly fun gameplay. From the first time I started up the game, and saw a tombstone with "Adventure, 1-1", I was hooked; I completed adventure mode, and unlocked "Zen Garden" (not to mention all the other great modes), where I could grow non-aggresive plants in a garden, and gain some serious cash! Overall, this game was worth it's price...plus 10 dollars. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 was because some of the minigames are a little boring. Expand
  20. Nov 7, 2012
    It's rare you come across a genuinely funny game that forces you to think and think fast throughout the campaign. The humour and overall execution is outstanding. Pretty much everything about it has been crafted to make you smile and have a good time. And it's one big hidden advertisement for vegetables!
  21. Feb 14, 2013
    Addictive and fun. Plants vs. Zombies is a perfect game for both casual and hardcore gamers. It's a simple concept, fend off zombies by planting various plants with different abilities. It's both a tower defense game and a strategy game. Nothing feels better than holding off a whole legion of zombies all while collecting sunlight (needed for growing plants) and constantly growing moreAddictive and fun. Plants vs. Zombies is a perfect game for both casual and hardcore gamers. It's a simple concept, fend off zombies by planting various plants with different abilities. It's both a tower defense game and a strategy game. Nothing feels better than holding off a whole legion of zombies all while collecting sunlight (needed for growing plants) and constantly growing more plants. The gameplay is constantly evolving, whether your getting a new plant or battling at night you'll be having a blast. Throw in extra modes, some mini-games in the adventure mode, and a great sense of humor and you've got a game that will keep you hooked for a long time. Expand
  22. Oct 11, 2010
    Amazingly fun playing. The story starts out as a zombies come on your property, all you have to defend yourself is a gattling pea. Zombies come in all sizes. Some even ride vechiles. They all have one destination, your house. The game has the best playback value I have ever seen. I still am trying to beat the game after a whole year.
  23. Apr 16, 2011
    This is for the Steam version.

This is a great casual game. It does exactly what it's supposed to do: Entertain. It has 50 levels of "Adventure mode" play which unlocks 20 mini-games, 11 survival mode games, and 18 puzzle games, not to mention the "zen garden," which has three different gardens itself. The mini-games are entertaining and I'm still working on the "endless" puzzles. If
    This is for the Steam version.

If you're looking for adrenalin pumping excitement and challenge, this isn't for you. If you're looking for fun, it is well worth the price. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because it doesn't have a "quick play" option to let me replay specific adventure mode levels. This game never fails to make me smile.
  24. MattR
    May 10, 2009
    Henry M is fucking retarded. Why do all these doctors keep trying to find a cure for cancer when all I have herpes? If a genre isn't for you, then don't play it numb nuts. Rate a game on its actual merits, preferably one you've actually played. I have beaten adventure mode twice and played through and beaten all minigames and puzzles and have come away from the experience Henry M is fucking retarded. Why do all these doctors keep trying to find a cure for cancer when all I have herpes? If a genre isn't for you, then don't play it numb nuts. Rate a game on its actual merits, preferably one you've actually played. I have beaten adventure mode twice and played through and beaten all minigames and puzzles and have come away from the experience extremely satisfied. This might technically be considered a casual game, but it's far from budget. Everything about this game screams polish and there is an amazing attention to detail and a great, pervasive sense of humor throughout. This game is truly phenomenal and immensely addictive. It has scads of variety and a boatload replay value as well. It's easily worth the retail price, but you can get it for half off if you buy it on Steam (they've also added achievements). Expand
  25. villadsNielsen
    Jun 6, 2009
    if there come a second ''plant vs zombies'' (plant vs zombies 2)
    it will be cool with online play (one team plants and one team zombies) and quick play will be cool too. It was just a idé.
    what ever it was a cool game.
  26. LthaakonD
    May 14, 2009
    A very surprising game that makes me laugh every time i play it. Is no only the story mode but puzzle mode, mini game mode, survival mode and the zen garden that makes this game long enough for 10 bucks. give it a try, you don't get disappointed.
  27. ChuckS
    May 19, 2009
    This is a very fun and unique game. Graphics are great and the difficulty ramps up perfectly.
  28. JP
    May 31, 2009
    Do people play games for FUN, or just the graphics? I just can't believe how shallow some people can be. And since when does a game have to look NEXT-GENERATIONED to get a good rating? Are you suggesting that 98% of us who give the game 9 or 10 are BLIND? Best of all, nobody is asking YOU to play it, or buy it. If you haven't played it, or are unwilling to try it out, don't Do people play games for FUN, or just the graphics? I just can't believe how shallow some people can be. And since when does a game have to look NEXT-GENERATIONED to get a good rating? Are you suggesting that 98% of us who give the game 9 or 10 are BLIND? Best of all, nobody is asking YOU to play it, or buy it. If you haven't played it, or are unwilling to try it out, don't rate here, moron. Everyone is surely entitled to his/her own opinion, but comments like Henry M's, Doug H's, Gango M's and G D's are too childish to be treated seriously. Oh yea, next time please look at the system requirement before you purchase a game. Game is absolutely fantastic in every way. The arts style, the music, the sound, level of difficulty and all the "endless" games are just making me come back to it every day. Do I care about the graphics? I do, and it fits perfectly the way game is portraited. This is just one of those that you can't miss out. If you intend to give a score below 8 on this game...something is wrong with you. End of my line. Expand
  29. StoyanN
    May 5, 2009
    Great game overall. The graphics are cute and well-done, even my kid liked it. The gameplay is addictive but very simple. This is definitely a great bang for your buck - most 10 $ games get boring before the end of their 30 minute demo, but this one is sure to keep you playing for hours, just like Peggle. The only reason I'm not giving this a 10 is because is because in my book only Great game overall. The graphics are cute and well-done, even my kid liked it. The gameplay is addictive but very simple. This is definitely a great bang for your buck - most 10 $ games get boring before the end of their 30 minute demo, but this one is sure to keep you playing for hours, just like Peggle. The only reason I'm not giving this a 10 is because is because in my book only full-fledged games like TES Oblivion or Baldur's Gate, for example, deserve them (as they can be played for, litterally, years). Expand
  30. AntL
    May 6, 2009
    The gameplay is deceptively simple, but way more fun than it deserves to be. Take the overdone tower defense-style game, strip it down, and give it a sense of humor and style of its own. Definitely worth the $10.

1. Hardcore Gamer
    Plants vs. Zombies is a huge game with a great sense of humor, and while it tends to play itself once a strategy is completed and the field of fire constructed, putting it all together and experimenting with the possibilities stays fun for a long, long time. [Summer 2009]
  2. AceGamez
    Plants vs Zombies is what casual gaming is really all about; it's intuitive, easy to start and stop at any time, and has a tremendous variety of gameplay modes.
  3. Pop Cap realizes another masterpiece. Plants Vs. Zombies re-invents tower defense game and offer a great number of minigames and other activities.