8.4

1. Oct 22, 2013
    This game is awesome myself as well as a large group on steam 50 members and rising would all highly recommend it.

The physics are spot on and the graphics are stunning. the developers Cherry Pop Games deserve an award for everything they have done. this is not a simple port from the XBox and PS3 but a new version designed specifically for pc gamers.

The developers are keen to listen
    to our feedback and have addressed everything there customers report as well as adding new things based on our requests. I have played many other pool games my favorites being virtual pool and hustle kings but this game hands down beats everything before it. Without aiming aids it will even improve your real game. Hands down the best pool game to date and hats off to Cherry pop games for providing a game and level of service a lot of other game companies could learn from,

A straight ten from me.
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    Very fun game and the physics and graphics are amazing for such a cheap game. The trailer might look overkill (bouncing balls) but it all depends on how you play, if you wanna do trickshots you can do things which are impossible in real life, if you wanna play like you would in real life, that's possible too. The developers also have been very active on the discussion board and are listening to all our feedback and suggestions. I would highly recommend this. Expand
  3. Oct 22, 2013
    A pool game? That sounds a bit boring doesn't it? Well surprisingly it's really fun! Pool Nation is a fantastic pool game. The physics are quite amazing and detailed. Want to bounce the cue ball off the edge of the table and bounce back in to pot a ball? You can do that. Want to spin the cue ball so it 'swerves' around other balls? You can do that. The amount of stuff you can do with the physics is crazy, and surprisingly it isn't arcadey at all. It feels weighty, and the balls have a very satisfying feel to them, making you yell out when you perform an amazing shot, and roar in frustration when you mess up an easy shot.

There's many game modes, from 9-ball and 8-ball pool, to golf, where you have to pot balls in assigned holes(fun but challenging) and a few others to keep you entertained.

The devs have confirmed that they will be bringing snooker to the game too, which will make an already amazing game even better.

It is a console port. But the graphics looks fantastic, it runs smooth as butter, and the mouse control is great, it doesn't feel clunky at all, and gives you a lot of control.

Even if you are slightly interested in this game, I would say grab it! Hell this game would be appealing to people who don't like real pool.

10/10 I would definitely recommend it, and it's cheap, so you have no excuse!
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    Very realist and nice poolgame. Good physics aslo planned trickshot releasing for free in a further update.

The price is another plus, never had so much fun for only 10$
  5. Oct 22, 2013
    Best pool game on steam, devs are great with the community and this game is getting a lot of patches at the moment, free dlc to be added later and even snooker!
  6. Oct 22, 2013
    Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. Plays beautifully with an Xbox controller for the PC, which is my preference for these kind of games. For my taste, it looks gorgeous and sounds incredibly good. Devs are taking a keen interest in constructive feedback and feature requests. Can't speak to the multi-player aspect of the game as that's really not my thing but the single-player has plenty of nice content. Very happy with my purchase. Expand
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    With the Pool Game Enthusiast demographic being quite small, we've seen tons of franchises being dropped. Pool Nation has stepped up to fill the gap left by the good games of old, and boy has it done so well. While the initial release was plagued by a few issues, the game was by large playable and the staff ha s shown to be dedicated to release updates to fix and add things to the game as is needed. The graphics are great and almost make it look like a modern casual game, but don't be fooled as the physics in this game are top notch. Whether you're looking for a game to waste the small gaps of free time in your daily life or actually looking for a new pool game, Pool Nation's got you covered.

If I had to say one bad thing about the game, it's that Free Mode is sort of limited at the moment, making it hard to actually set up custom ball layouts to practice shots and whatnot. But with the upcoming patches we're sure to see this be added to the game. That, and multiplayer with strangers not working properly.

My personal verdict: 8.5
  8. Oct 26, 2013
    By far and away the best pool game I have seen in a long time.

A lot of bugs still, but The guys who created this are working hard to remove them. There is a steam forum dedicated to this game with lots of feedback from both players and developers. For 6 English pound or 7 euros there is a lot of playtime for your cash.

pros: cheap, good physics, online multiplay community already
    growing.

conns: prone to crashing in certain aspects. This is recognised though, with full fixes imminent.
  9. Oct 22, 2013
    A Pool game on steam has been a long time coming, after losing hours on pool nation I think it was well worth waiting for. The ball physics are spot on and the whole game is a treat for my eyes. There are a few bugs but the devs are very active on the forum and release patches at a rate of knots. Would recommend to any pool fans.
  10. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is so addictive, this is truly the best pool simulation you could ever find. The controls are really nice and allows to make some creative and crazy shots that have never been seen in a pool video game before. Also the challenges are there and you can spend hours in front of this magic game.
  11. Oct 22, 2013
    Pool Nation is a nice pool game for PC Steam. This game have some bad reviews because is in development. Don't worry and buy it, The developers has said that EVERY BUG WILL BE FIXED. This is that i want to read... fantastic comunication to developers. Very nice game and more options in future.
    The game have various modes to play, super HD pixel perfect graphics. I'm sure to will be perfect.
  12. Oct 24, 2013
    A great new generation pool game that effortlessly utilizes today's computers/processors to their fullest extent while also maintaining amazingly easy and comfortable controls. Several levels of visual aids will give novices a relaxing stimulating experience and also challenge the best players for those who prefer no aiming aid at all.
  13. Oct 26, 2013
    This game was an outstanding surprise. Only a few months ago I was looking to see if there was a modern PC pool game that might have flown under the radar. Unfortunately, I didn't find a decent one in my searching. Then about a week ago I was pleasantly surprised to see Pool Nation released on Steam. It's relatively inexpensive, so I figured I would give it a try.... What an excellent game!

The physics are spot-on. The graphics are extremely polished (there is a 'wet paint' sheen on everything). If this game only served up 8-ball, I would have been happy. Not only does it have the obligatory 8-ball & 9-ball, but it has many extra modes of play (think mini games) that are gravy to the whole package. Also, the devs are promising modes such as Snooker as well.

Speaking of the devs, they are outstanding. They communicate with the community every single day. This communication is not just lip service. They take the feedback from the users, whether is be technical concerns or feature suggestions, and actually implement these things, sometimes within hours. Other devs could learn a lot from these guys. Simply head over to their forums on Steam, and you will see this for yourself.

I actually own a nice pool table myself, which might make buying a virtual pool simulation seem a little odd. I bought it so I could play with friends from anywhere in the country (or world). Due to the game being so accurate, I can actually see that it might make me a better player on my real table. :-)

It's a shame that some people (or person) has come here to put 0-score reviews, because some sort of person grudge. That said, once you read through just a handful of reviews here, it doesn't take a lot of effort to determine who is legitimate and who has an agenda.
  14. Oct 27, 2013
    A really great pool game! Well worth the $10.00 price! Physics work awesome and the game plays and looks beautiful. I can't wait for the Box of Tricks DLC!
  15. Oct 28, 2013
    Plays a great game of pool, physics seem spot on, and having the chance to play in amateur mode which shows you exactly how the balls are going to react is brilliant for a quick blast!

Graphics are very pretty for an indie game, although you could say a little lifeless, what with the total absence of any crowd or even other people in the room, but who needs lifeforms watching on when
    the gameplay's this epic!

I've never been really got into pool/snooker games before this, but this has got me hook, line and sinker.

If you've got even the slightest interest in pool or snooker I can wholeheartedly recommend this, you won't be disappointed!

Once the developers have addressed the online issues and it will be a solid 10 out of 10 for me.
  16. Jan 15, 2014
    I assure you. If you love billiards you will loved this game. That’s all you need.
    Ignore all the haters review about this game. Buy this game and feel the experience for yourself like I did. This game really gives a really good pool experience no other games did. It feels like playing for real for me. All the sounds that the ball is making when they hit each other, and even when the ball
    hits the floor is so realistic. This game achieves a feeling that you are in a high class pool room. Expand
  17. Mar 2, 2014
    I have played some pool games on mobile devices and on pc as well. Of course their graphics are not as well done as Pool Nation is, but also Pool Nation has better AIs and it even has so great algorithms on calculating your skill shots and such and such... This is the best pool game I ever played.
  18. Jan 13, 2014
    Amazing pool game, the physics are off the charts, not only can you shoot the balls, but you can also do focus shots, its a great pool game, cant really understand the lower review scores.
  19. Nov 30, 2013
    I like billiard games, and I've spent a few hours in a pool hall in my time. This game does an excellent job of recreating the physics of pool. The only thing missing is the feel of the cue in your hands and being able to walk around the table and line up your shot by eye.

It has 8 ball and 9 ball of course, as well as 3 ball, rotation, speed pool, straight pool, "golf", and killer
    (where you take turns pocketing balls, and if you miss you lose one of your 3 lives). The balls are very shiny, the tables look very good, and there's a variety of locations to play in.

My only complaint is that the AI doesn't have much personality and the locations you can play in all seem very sterile. Where's my bar? A smokey back-room at a casino or something? Still this is well worth the asking price and they're still improving it.
  20. Oct 28, 2013
    Brilliant pool game, beautiful graphics, plenty of different games to play, more modes being added by the devs, very active on the Steam forums which is always a plus. If you like pool you it's a must buy!
  21. Dec 1, 2013
    Really difficult to find areas of Pool Nation to fault. Looks great, the physics seem perfect. There are plenty of options of different Pool games alongside 8 and 9 ball. The developers are active and care about both the community and progression of the game. There is a great and fun community, some of which arrange tournaments to play within groups of Steam friends arranged via the Steam forums.

The game is underpriced in my opinion. The amount of game hours I have racked against the cost is silly! It is a game that rewards practise and best played with the aim-aid turned off!!
  22. Dec 3, 2013
    Amazing artwork, stunning graphics, fun to play. Honestly a next generation game that got published early. The only downside is that...the game feels empty. No humans or anybody in the background, just agiant wasteland of pool.
  23. Jan 8, 2014
    I can't see the hate for this game. The developers keep everyone in the loop and take all suggestions. They PERSONALLY address the issues. Not like any other dev's I have seen. The game is stunning and the physics are spot on. If you try the game you wouldn't hate it.l Nuff said.
  24. Jan 6, 2014
    It's addictive, fun and above all really shiny.
    It runs really smooth as well and without a doubt very fun to play with someone else, I highly recommend it!!.
  25. Jan 14, 2014
    Really impressed by how good the graphics look. The tutorial teaches you a lot of techniques which is good for people who've never played pool. Besides the normal 8 ball and 9 ball game modes, there are also many other game modes. It is possible to play Online and Local multiplayer.
  26. Jan 17, 2014
    really awesome ! Graphism are very beautiful. Just had some problem, the game doesn't recognize my GTX660M and i have to play with HD4000 but it works fine. This game is in development yet and there are lots of updates !

Multiplayer is very fun too! players are, usually, fair play and pleasant.
  27. Jan 20, 2014
    This game is just overall amazing. The Physics, graphics and controls are superior to anything i have seen in a pool game so far.

It's what you want from a pool game and more.
  28. Apr 3, 2014
    The few lower scores are complaining about things which have long since been ironed out. Read the most recent ones, as this is a game being actively improved/developed. In any case, pool isn't a game about hardcore challenges but one about thoughtful tactics. If you play it like an arcade game, you probably won't like it (also, you're a moron). If you don't enjoy pool IRL, again you're not going to enjoy it (why the hell would you buy a pool game if you don't like pool? that would be like purchasing an evening with a pre-op transsexual hooker when you're straight). Here nor there.

Pool Nation makes pool fun; it's got trophies, unlockables, Steam achievements (although not enough in my opinion), and the new Box of Tricks mode is a great way to add social interaction while altering the game's fundamentals. You can play for five minutes or five hours. I do suggest muting the music and blasting your own instead (obvious candidates being Neikka RPM, Collide, or the looped screams of a cat being burned), but otherwise the sound effects are.......well, it's pool. What did you expect, like lasers and jet engines? Please. Everything in Pool Nation is polished, and while there are a few bugs here and there, I can't stress enough that the developers are ACTIVELY developing. They are very approachable and polite, and take pointers seriously. They're active on the Steam forums or available for a chat about the game. They embody the indie spirit: focused on entertainment without the expense of quality, and they're fun. This isn't an EA DLC farm, this is a spirited group of talented artists.

So again, if you don't enjoy pool or you're expecting like zombie strippers running around with bush trimmers and flamethrowers while killstreak and XP notices flash all over the place, buy something else. And while you're at it, you might consider developing taste or slamming your face into a belt sander. But if you're looking for a relaxing and challenging game of pool which is approachable for pretty much everyone, this is a game you can comfortably buy and play at your own speed.

inb4 "this is ur 1nd revyew u mst b a bawt." No, but I did sign up specifically to put in a good word about this game. I bought it and it wasn't provided gratis (okay a high friend bought it for me, but that's irrelevant), nor am I being sponsored or paid. Unless you're taking into account the whiskey and heroin sitting over there, in which case, well...........oops.
  29. May 27, 2014
    Awesome pool game, the physics and graphics are top notch.There's so many different game modes other than pool, the speed game mode against a friend is great fun. My friend and I love it, highly recommend this game.
  30. Jun 3, 2014
    I'll make it short: The best pool game I've played in my life. The graphics are simply amazing and very well optimized, the music is fine, the liveries are diversify, the gameplay is very good (I'm playing it with an xbox gamepad), the physic seem spot on.. and I had it for less than five dollars. If you are just merely interested, give it a go and enjoy relaxing on your couch playing this little gem of a game with friends, you won't be disappointed. This developer got a creepy name, but this game delivers! Expand
  31. Jun 27, 2014
    Best pool game on the market, first to surpass Cue Club in my book. Highly recommended, especially if you like billiards. The authors plan to release a free DLC in future with few new mini-games and such.
  32. May 28, 2014
    Most realistic Pool game I've ever played! The graphics look like real life pretty much too. And there's still upcoming free content on the way so I'm looking forward to that.
  33. Jul 3, 2014
    Very great game but there are minor set backs like aiming is laggy and shooting with a mouse is a bit buggy also the shot meeter and ball icon is a bit messed minus all this game is great I have over 40 hours in this, I would go next virtual pool, but you got to pay for the online play, and I don't like that so these pool game rocks for the price also you got to remember these guys are indie devs if they listen to feedback and bring out one big patch, I think this game will be pro. Besides all the bads the controls are easy and the games are easy to play some longer than others, but we all can manage the game perfect. Expand
  34. z1y
    ####################################################################
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Dec 20, 2013
    Pool Nation is a beautiful game that plays great and has a long shelf life.