7.7

1. Oct 28, 2011
    A well execute and enjoyable traders / pirates of the Carribean simulation. Play as pirate, privateer, or trader. Let down by the tactical ship battle aspect, which is OK but can get tedious and just doesn't work as a good gameplay mechanism. Also lacks sufficient detail and mechanisms for large-scale management of a trading empire, so a long game can degenerate into micromanagement hell.A well execute and enjoyable traders / pirates of the Carribean simulation. Play as pirate, privateer, or trader. Let down by the tactical ship battle aspect, which is OK but can get tedious and just doesn't work as a good gameplay mechanism. Also lacks sufficient detail and mechanisms for large-scale management of a trading empire, so a long game can degenerate into micromanagement hell. Still, some entertainment value here. Expand
  2. Ivan
    Aug 17, 2004
    Buy and sell. That's it. Fun in the beginning, but after a while boring because it's always the same.
  3. DaMan
    Sep 7, 2004
    No, no and no. This sequel is a big disappointment. I was expecting better sea battles and more trading options than in the original Port Royale. Instead of that, they simplified the sea battles and removed some trading options!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!! The new content they added is not even enough for an add-on, let alone for a sequel :@
  4. Dec 13, 2012
    Economic empire sim based in the Carribean. You can control fleets, build production facilities, improve towns, collect bounties on pirates, conquer ports for your nation... or just trade all day and count your money. There is a lot to learn and the UI takes some getting used to but there are plenty of tooltips and long tutorials (3-4 hours). There are 4 scenarios after the tutorials butEconomic empire sim based in the Carribean. You can control fleets, build production facilities, improve towns, collect bounties on pirates, conquer ports for your nation... or just trade all day and count your money. There is a lot to learn and the UI takes some getting used to but there are plenty of tooltips and long tutorials (3-4 hours). There are 4 scenarios after the tutorials but the main draw is the free-play sandbox mode. At only $5 it's hard to go wrong picking this up. Expand
  5. Feb 6, 2013
    basic of trading game. think the trading route, manage your industrial building and their supply line. batter some pirate or be the pirate. make large fleet of trading ship to trade and flagships to defend it.
  6. Aug 31, 2015
    Enjoyed my time with it. I wouldn't agree that it has a great learning curve however it's all pretty intuitive and easy to jump in as what I remember. Have to agree that I played this about 5 or 6 years ago but it has stuck in my memory with me having a great time with it.

I would recommend this game if you like economy in your games, and basic strategy. I enjoyed my time with it and

I enjoyed my time with it and will reminisce gladly over it, happy purchase.

1. A trading game with some aspects of RTS added, so for the armchair empire sim fans it will probably rate at least a look, and probably an outright purchase, but the game probably isn’t for everyone since the steep learning curve could well put some people off, but perseverance will pay off for sure.
  2. A fair attempt at a sea-trading title, which fans will enjoy; however the lack of any innovation could put off those looking for something new.
  3. Above all, Port Royale 2 is a remarkable accomplishment, largely because it can make economic simulations captivating even to those who may typically dislike the idea of this game genre.