Port Royale PC

8.0

1. D.Pogue
    Jul 8, 2003
    While this game is fun, it has a steep learning curve, and, in my opinion is very difficult. I have spent many hours playing and trying out various missions, which are difficult in their own right. All an all a decent title, quite similar to Pirates of the old days. However, i find it to be missing something.
  2. H.Lokesz
    Apr 22, 2003
    Open extensive world. The game can be played in very different ways. Command your own ships or stay at home and let your captains do the job for you.
  3. TimK.
    Jun 14, 2003
    Excellent game! Pirates! with building and trading. What does one do with all that gold? Invest in towns, throw parties, finance expeditions and buildup your hideout... Multiplayer is a wonderful bonus! I don't know of any other pirates game with multiplayer.
  4. RyanC.
    Jul 26, 2003
    It would be even better if the company would come out with a patch for the US version quick! it freezes on autosave....definitely a pirate fan though!
  5. TanBoonC.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Best game I have ever played before. Consume a lot of time to make our company grows and grow. Pirates should be more aggressive to level up the difficulties.

A pretty comprehensive game that has a lot going for it. The main problem I have with it is that it takes so damn long to get started. It's just so slow.
  2. To put it simply, Port Royale rekindles the flame of oldies like "Pirates," which comes as welcomed refreshment and a decent challenge to the mind (too many games resort to the old FPS-style shoot to kill cliché).
  3. PC Gamer
    "SimCity" elements tend to bog down the fun factor, but if you don't mind some biz sim with your strategy, you'll find this game pretty entertaining. [Sept 2003, p.77]