8.8

1. Apr 23, 2011
    Portal 2 is a much more accessible and refined gaming experience which will appeal to a larger audience. It still feels like Portal and your manipulation of these doorways through space are the main reason. The games real triumph is in taking game animation and voice recording to a whole new level. Valve deserve their comparisons to Pixar for this work of genius. JK Simmons and StephenPortal 2 is a much more accessible and refined gaming experience which will appeal to a larger audience. It still feels like Portal and your manipulation of these doorways through space are the main reason. The games real triumph is in taking game animation and voice recording to a whole new level. Valve deserve their comparisons to Pixar for this work of genius. JK Simmons and Stephen Merchant provide excellent performances doing the writing justice. Portal 2 is a hilarious, dark sci-fi comedy with real heart. This game will give you much more playtime than the first game and is a fuller realisation, a complete game. It is not only the game of the year but a benchmark for which game developers should aim for. Expand
  2. Apr 24, 2011
    Story comes to the forefront a bit more in this than the previous Portals. The puzzles aren't all that difficult but they are challenging and keep the story moving. Hopefully now that they've moved the story on they can release some good challenging DLC. Not sure what all the hate is there for, this is an excellent product by a great studio. A must play for any gamer in 2011.
  3. Apr 24, 2011
    One of the best games out there. Not just for Valve/Portal fans, but anyone who likes puzzles games and witty dialogue will enjoy it. I really haven't found a valid complaint about it. The characters are great and, while the first few levels are a little slow story-wise, it eventually picks up pace. And that's not to say those levels are bad, still fun puzzles and interesting remarks fromOne of the best games out there. Not just for Valve/Portal fans, but anyone who likes puzzles games and witty dialogue will enjoy it. I really haven't found a valid complaint about it. The characters are great and, while the first few levels are a little slow story-wise, it eventually picks up pace. And that's not to say those levels are bad, still fun puzzles and interesting remarks from GLaDOS. The game is fairly short, some say only 4 hours but most I know finish in 6 to 8, but after that you still have co-op, which if you haven't tried, you really need to. A lot of teamwork, but it's a ton of fun and you still have GLaDOS with her sarcastic remarks. Yes, the did have the Potato Sack, but even if you didn't like that it doesn't affect the actual game. Oh, no, DLC. All it is though is aesthetics for your co-op bot. It doesn't make Valve evil to try and make some money, and really it's great that it doesn't do anything to the actual gameplay. Expand
  4. Apr 24, 2011
    This game is just awesome! It's a bit overpriced for what it offers, but it's just awesome. You never get bored of playing it. Maybe a bit bored over Single Player but never bored of Co-Op since you always play with different people and there's always something different. Again, awesome game!!!
  5. Apr 24, 2011
    9/10, why? Let me break it down for you. +10 for being the most enjoyable gaming experience of my entire life, and that includes the amazing co-op feature which is completely out of this world, and -1 for being Steam only, because Steam is a HUGE pain in the back-side. I bought my copy 2 days after release and still had to download 800 megabytes of updates before the Steam application9/10, why? Let me break it down for you. +10 for being the most enjoyable gaming experience of my entire life, and that includes the amazing co-op feature which is completely out of this world, and -1 for being Steam only, because Steam is a HUGE pain in the back-side. I bought my copy 2 days after release and still had to download 800 megabytes of updates before the Steam application would let me play a game which I paid for with my own money, and on my slow North Welsh internet connection it took about 3 hours of pure downloading, rendering the internet useless for everyone else on my network. Expand
  6. May 1, 2011
    Yes, it could be a short play - if all you're going for is a speed run, and if you're a puzzle-solving genius. For the rest of us - and I don't think it's going too far out on a limb to say *most* of us - there's a great deal of fun to be had in slowing down to savor the environments, listening to all of the surprisingly hilarious dialogue, and seeking out the many secrets Valve has hiddenYes, it could be a short play - if all you're going for is a speed run, and if you're a puzzle-solving genius. For the rest of us - and I don't think it's going too far out on a limb to say *most* of us - there's a great deal of fun to be had in slowing down to savor the environments, listening to all of the surprisingly hilarious dialogue, and seeking out the many secrets Valve has hidden in the game.

And beyond the single player, there's always co-op, which creates almost endless novelty. Playing with someone else ensures that even if the solution is the same, level replays always feel fresh. Music, voice acting, visual polish, and most of all, intellectually-engaging gameplay: Portal 2 has it all, in spades. And next time someone complains that video games are all about mind-numbing violence, sit them down with this one for a while and see if they can avoid turning their brains on.

Some users have also whined that Portal 2 looks like a "console port", which it rather clearly isn't (see also the standard PC graphics options), and if it was, so what? It's a game the has the bells and whistles of all the Source Engine games before it, looks great, and has a UI that's a joy to use. If it *were* a console port (which would be silly, considering the engine's heritage), it would be a how-to for any other companies looking to move games over to the PC.
  7. Apr 24, 2011
    valve always makes great games this is on exception portal2 expands on everything portal did and introduced characters that I will remember for a while. Good job valve, forget about the computer purest who are angry with the smallest things and make games like this again you are one of the few gaming company trying to move gaming forward and I applaud you. Thanks
  8. Apr 25, 2011
    Whether you like puzzle games or just enjoy good writing / voice acting / overall presentation - play Portal 2.

I write this review because a user score of 8.2 is still too low for this gem.
  9. Apr 25, 2011
    I've finished the game few minutes ago. What to say? Epic. Just epic. Valve had done an incredible work. One of the most amazing games out there. Fantastic plot and funny dialogues, deep and humorous characters. Game play is perfect and Co op is a funny and challenging addiction. And I didn't understand all that people that say Portal 2 is short. For me a 15 hours game is more thanI've finished the game few minutes ago. What to say? Epic. Just epic. Valve had done an incredible work. One of the most amazing games out there. Fantastic plot and funny dialogues, deep and humorous characters. Game play is perfect and Co op is a funny and challenging addiction. And I didn't understand all that people that say Portal 2 is short. For me a 15 hours game is more than acceptable, considering how great it is throughout the story. Congratulations Valve! Expand
  10. Apr 25, 2011
    I have played this game for a couple hours now and in a word, brilliant. The puzzles are considerably different than those in the first Portal, especially with the introduction of so many new elements to interact and manipulate. I do not normally write reviews but the low scores based solely on school yard pettiness and lack of reason really needed an offset. Cosmetic DLC on day oneI have played this game for a couple hours now and in a word, brilliant. The puzzles are considerably different than those in the first Portal, especially with the introduction of so many new elements to interact and manipulate. I do not normally write reviews but the low scores based solely on school yard pettiness and lack of reason really needed an offset. Cosmetic DLC on day one equates to a zero??? Really??? Haters gotta hate and trollers gotta troll I suppose. Great game Valve! Keep up the good work! Expand
  11. Apr 25, 2011
    I am giving Portal 2 a score of 10 by comparing it to other games that I have played, not of any game that could ever have been made.

Portal 2 is a fantastic homage to Portal. Although Portal was itself an amazing game, I felt it lacked polish in places and had a lot of potential. Portal 2 realizes that potential; It is a beautiful looking game, has fantastic music and plays perfectly. The puzzles are intuitive and incredibly rewarding and like the original game, Valve gently nudges you towards a correct solution subtly enough to reward your ego handsomely. I'm also certain that you have a degree of freedom in how you complete some puzzles, in that you don't have to exactly follow the clearly defined path to arrive at a solution, allowing those with more abstract thought processes to progress through the game as well. Little touches, such as music being augmented at a certain point in the game as you interact with something, or do something in particular, lead the game to be incredibly immersive. On top of the fantastic story line, and tinted sense of humor carried over from Portal, this makes for a thoroughly fresh experience in comparison to the majority of games released recently.

The only particular critique I have with the game, is that I didn't want it to end. But games can't last forever, and the cooperative experience is fantastic. I had a quick look at the in game shop to check out some of the clothing you can buy, didn't find it appealing, and ignored it.

I can't really give Portal 2 a lower score because it 'Wasn't long enough'; It easily gives you over 10 hours of play time initially, and if you're like me, you'll probably play through the campaign a second or third time, to try and solve puzzles in different ways, or find Easter eggs and glitches. Not only that, but Valve are releasing the Portal 2 SDK, allowing users to create their own maps to play in Portal 2. I expect that the community will contribute some amazing puzzles, further increasing the life span of the game. As such, you not only get the campaign play time, but as you hear about a certain map that is fantastic every week or so, you will keep coming back to the game, and enjoy fresh, free content.

Valve have achieved everything I hoped they would, and I feel Portal 2 thoroughly deserves the score I have awarded it.
  12. Apr 25, 2011
    I haven't finished the game, actually I'm on part when Cave Johnson's voice leads you. Portal is more more awesome than I expected. Great story with great characters. First Portal I finished many many times and I wanted more! Then Valve released radio achievement and I was sure that Portal 2 comes soon. I bought it month before premiere and I was very angry when courier came to my houseI haven't finished the game, actually I'm on part when Cave Johnson's voice leads you. Portal is more more awesome than I expected. Great story with great characters. First Portal I finished many many times and I wanted more! Then Valve released radio achievement and I was sure that Portal 2 comes soon. I bought it month before premiere and I was very angry when courier came to my house and nobody heard intercom and I have to wait one long day for second delivery. In my opinion Portal 2 is same epic as first Portal. It have great graphic and awesome soundtrack. Expand
  13. Apr 25, 2011
    From beginning to end I was having as much fun as any game has provided for me. The puzzles were challenging but solvable, the mechanics are as strong as ever and they added so much to the game without making it convoluted, the story was engaging with brilliant characters and voice acting (Steven Merchant just topped it off). It was a nice length this time (the first portal was veryFrom beginning to end I was having as much fun as any game has provided for me. The puzzles were challenging but solvable, the mechanics are as strong as ever and they added so much to the game without making it convoluted, the story was engaging with brilliant characters and voice acting (Steven Merchant just topped it off). It was a nice length this time (the first portal was very short). Overall it just seemed like a game that the developers really cared about when making. It's only April but I doubt I play a better game this year. Expand
  14. Apr 25, 2011
    This game is fantastic, easily one of the top five games of all time. The ending it self is the best to any game I have ever played. Character design is top notch, along with the voice acting. There is a subtle story in the background that is only bested by the story on the surface. The game it self runs a length of 8-10 hours depending on how long it takes to solve some of the tests. InThis game is fantastic, easily one of the top five games of all time. The ending it self is the best to any game I have ever played. Character design is top notch, along with the voice acting. There is a subtle story in the background that is only bested by the story on the surface. The game it self runs a length of 8-10 hours depending on how long it takes to solve some of the tests. In addition to the single player you are also given co-op to play with a friend. All of these negative reviews are nit picking things that are mostly false. The game play hours are well above the 3-5 stated in other reviews. The "DLC" is only cosmetic that you by no means need in order to fully enjoy the game, you even get some of them for free by getting achievements. As for the save game screen stating "Do not turn off your console", most people won't even see this screen since a save takes less than a second, and the word "console" was just one word that wasn't change back to "computer" in some code. Complaining about the ARG (Alternate Reality Game) releasing the game early (which it technically was released early) was never promised by Valve, it was simple speculation until the last weekend. Even then you were never forced to purchase the games in the "potato sack". I enjoyed getting the back story and intrigue that went along with the ARG, which is what they are meant for. Expand
  15. Apr 25, 2011
    Fantastic fun, very entertaining, Cave Johnson was the best. Single player wasn't as difficult as I was hoping but mulitplayer definitely provides challenges.
  16. Apr 25, 2011
    Awesome story, the complaints about DLC and short story are stealing the headlights unfortunatly. as a £/hour rate, easily equivelent to movie rentals, and much cheaper than cinema viewing. The number of laughs i had playing this game and the co-op have suprised me.
  17. Apr 25, 2011
    I will start off my review by stating the obvious- the game is excellent. The characters are charming and hilarious. they bring the story to life and make the experience featured in the game an exciting and thrilling one that delivers right until the end. the pacing is genius; the game never feels like its sending you through a meat grinder of puzzles. The difficulty sits in perfectI will start off my review by stating the obvious- the game is excellent. The characters are charming and hilarious. they bring the story to life and make the experience featured in the game an exciting and thrilling one that delivers right until the end. the pacing is genius; the game never feels like its sending you through a meat grinder of puzzles. The difficulty sits in perfect balance. when you complete a puzzle a great sense of accomplishment is felt that makes you feel intelligent. even the most seasoned Portal Veteran will find difficulty in this game. Now I will address something that has been really bothering me about the user reviews on this game and many others. it seems that every sequel, big title, or high budget game gets slander with a slue of unfair scores written by people who have obviously never played the game. look at negative review of this game; I can guarantee that %90 of the people who will claim ownership to these reviews have never even played that game. I understand that we are all entitled to express our opinions but I also believe that if an opinion is not supported with proper facts and arguments it holds no true merit and can be disregarded. I guess what I'm really try to say is 'get the stick out of your ass'. You should not gain a negative notion about a game simply because its a sequel to a game that people enjoyed. Valve obviously worked hard on this game for four years and to slander it without playing it just goes to show that some people just do not appreciate games or their developers and should be removed from this site. Expand
  18. Apr 25, 2011
    Valve has again exceeded every limit current high end games contain according to perfection. Portal 2 is simply one of the best games of all time, I can't say more than that.
  19. Apr 25, 2011
    Simply the best Valve sequel ever. I enjoyed Portal 2 way more then Portal and I enjoyed Portal a lot. The story line is amazing and the graphics are as well. Valve out did themselves on this one, keep up the good work.
  20. Apr 25, 2011
    Best game I've played in years. It has it all. If you appreciate good video games, play this and you'll enjoy every second. The story twists and turns, the dialogue is hilarious, the fleshed out history of Aperture is fascinating. Behind all of that it's a devilishly clever puzzle game which remains fresh after a few additions. I can't recommend Portal 2 enough.
  21. Apr 25, 2011
    I came for the dry black humor and the mind bending puzzles. I stayed for the great graphics, improved physics and engrossing storyline, along with an ending that did not at all disappoint as I'd expected it to. I will be playing this one over and over.
  22. Apr 25, 2011
    I don't understand how people give a game a low score (or zero) for including completely optional, PURELY AESTHETIC options. Now, had they included maps or new levels of any kind and made me pay to unlock it, that would warrant a lower score. I, for one, much prefer the default skins of the bots. They didn't need to add anything extra to them, but decided to, so if you have the moneyI don't understand how people give a game a low score (or zero) for including completely optional, PURELY AESTHETIC options. Now, had they included maps or new levels of any kind and made me pay to unlock it, that would warrant a lower score. I, for one, much prefer the default skins of the bots. They didn't need to add anything extra to them, but decided to, so if you have the money and desire, you can make them look different. But I'm quite confident in making the assumption that a good portion of people rather the default bot looks.

ANYWAY... Onto my actual review:

Some people may think it's a tad too short, but honestly, if it were any longer, some or all of the sections probably would have started to feel dragged out. Like many people, I was just about ready to call it quits for a portal-break right before I realized I was in chapter 9. That bit of game-pacing alone just helped to make the game even better than it had been a few seconds earlier.

Also, some people might have said it was too easy. It was a little easier than some of the hardcore Portal 1 mods that some people might have been hoping for, but it was on par with Portal 1, just without some of the lightening-reaction moments. It's a puzzle game, and Valve did an excellent job gauging the difficulty. I was able to play through it without getting horrifically angry at any one puzzle, but without feeling like I wasn't doing anything. I'm certain that my having trained heavily through the use of expert portal 1 map packs helped add to the ease with which I beat Portal 2, but my personal expertise is NOT something to rate the game down for.

And the story. It was great. They fed off of the (very) little history provided in Portal 1, and fully realized Aperture Science, while continuing your relation with GLaDOS in a way more personal than many may have thought, while also introducing some new characters. In a way, Portal 2 acted as a sequel, and functional prequel to Portal, which I found amazing.

And then there's coop. Fun. Just plain fun. No guarantees if you aren't playing with a friend, but the half-dozen or so people I've ran into in random internet matches have been great fun. A lot of the times it may seem that there is only one solution to any given coop map, but in two cases, I'm almost certain the only solution I could come to is the wrong one, and that feels great.

My final verdict? If you've played Portal 1, definitely buy Portal 2. If you haven't played Portal 1, buy Portal 1 and THEN buy Portal 2. It's as perfect a game as you could ask for!
  23. Apr 25, 2011
    Ohh this is it. The best game Ever done! Story, graphics, amazing characters, etc..... This game has got it all. Unless Ep3 is released soon... Portal 2 is going to be in the Top 1 for a loong time...
  24. Apr 25, 2011
    With the same humor and charm as the first with nine times the science, this game really exemplifies the greatest of modern puzzle games, but somehow calling Portal 2 a mere puzzle game doesn't seem to really do it justice.

If you are on the fence about your purchase you can always just buy the ps3 version and sell the disc after you've redeemed your steam code, but chances are you're not going to want to.
  25. Apr 26, 2011
    It is the gr8 game of valve.if portal 2 supports DX11 may be it will become the game of the year,but it isn't...
    Now just w8 for HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 3, then we will see which is the gr8 game...
  26. Apr 26, 2011
    Fantastic in all areas. The single player expanded on the original in unique and fun ways. The story telling kept up the pace set by portal. Level design as usual was flawless. I completed it in 14 hours including co-op and still need to go back for more... so what are you complaining about?? The co-op was without a doubt the best bit of multiplayer gaming I have ever engaged in. It almostFantastic in all areas. The single player expanded on the original in unique and fun ways. The story telling kept up the pace set by portal. Level design as usual was flawless. I completed it in 14 hours including co-op and still need to go back for more... so what are you complaining about?? The co-op was without a doubt the best bit of multiplayer gaming I have ever engaged in. It almost needs it's own review as it was so seperate from the single player :) Expand
  27. Apr 26, 2011
    Jaw droppingly good looking, top notch gameplay, and amazing story. This is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. I played this once and look forwards to playing it again as I feel that I missed a lot of content.
    While this game may be "short" compared to some games there is never a dull moment and it is packed to the brim with content
  28. Apr 26, 2011
    Smart, funny and very entertaining. Portal 2 was an experience that you will never forget. Its rewarding and the co-up makes you want to hug your fellow robot companion. Looking back on Portal, Portal 2 is better in each and every way, even though the source engine is old, its just perfect for a game like this.
  29. Apr 26, 2011
    As with most Valve games, the production quality of Portal 2 is phenomenal compared to any other game I have played in the past few years. Graphics are a big improvement over the original, and new source engine features like the ability to limit frame rate to save power on a laptop are welcome. The entire game, including the coop campaign, was very funny and entertaining, even if some ofAs with most Valve games, the production quality of Portal 2 is phenomenal compared to any other game I have played in the past few years. Graphics are a big improvement over the original, and new source engine features like the ability to limit frame rate to save power on a laptop are welcome. The entire game, including the coop campaign, was very funny and entertaining, even if some of the humor fell on the subtle side (similar jokes to the first game's "cake" do exist, but they aren't as obviously displayed). I enjoyed each of the plot twists and the entire campaign felt like it was paced well. The coop campaign is entirely unique from the single player, adding even more quality content in the mix. I hope to see the availability of new maps to be added, and it does appear to be possible, but will take off a couple of tenths just because it wasn't shipped with the game.

My final score is 9.7/10
  30. Apr 26, 2011
    If you want a game with ticklish and rewarding gameplay, humour, pathos, narrative, beautiful art design, immersive envrionments, terrific voice acting, great pacing, awesome co-op, all applied with just enough polish, then Portal 2 is the game for you. It expands on the original in many ways but is not weighed down by it's predecessor. One of the most accomplished AAA titles of the lastIf you want a game with ticklish and rewarding gameplay, humour, pathos, narrative, beautiful art design, immersive envrionments, terrific voice acting, great pacing, awesome co-op, all applied with just enough polish, then Portal 2 is the game for you. It expands on the original in many ways but is not weighed down by it's predecessor. One of the most accomplished AAA titles of the last few years. This game has it all. I can't recommend it enough. Expand
  31. Apr 26, 2011
    This game is absolutely brilliant. It improves in every conceivable way on the original Portal, it is wittier, funnier, more involving and interesting plot and the puzzles are much more challenging. Ignore all the 0/10 scores from fan boys that seem to have an illusion of entitlement. If you only very mildly enjoyed Portal 1 then this game is an absolute must have. Also anyone whoThis game is absolutely brilliant. It improves in every conceivable way on the original Portal, it is wittier, funnier, more involving and interesting plot and the puzzles are much more challenging. Ignore all the 0/10 scores from fan boys that seem to have an illusion of entitlement. If you only very mildly enjoyed Portal 1 then this game is an absolute must have. Also anyone who complains about the length doesn't know what they are talking about. If it had been any longer it would have just got very slow and boring. A 6 hour solo campaign with a 4-5 hour coop campaign with the promise of extra levels in the future is plenty. Well worth the money. Expand
  32. Apr 26, 2011
    This is a great game and I loved every minute of it. I can complain that it was a bit expensive, $50 for a computer game that is short is a bit much but if I wanted it cheaper I could have waited for it to go on sale. As for all the negative reviews on it all I can say is haters be hatin' and trolls be trollin' lol
  33. Apr 26, 2011
    Absolute fun, the ending is hilarious, one of the better endings in games I've seen. Also hidden somewhere a link to black mesa!! Can't wait to see how it will relate to future halve life games :-) Don't understand why people give zero points, probably people who can't enjoy games without having a gun...
  34. Apr 26, 2011
    Is a two hour movie twice as good as a one hour movie? If youre a mouth-breathing hater who judges the value of a game by how many hours of button mashing are required to complete it, then you probably are not capable of appreciating the fact that Portal 2 doesnt waist one single second of the players time. Every moment is fun, deeply satisfying, and worth replaying over and over again.Is a two hour movie twice as good as a one hour movie? If youre a mouth-breathing hater who judges the value of a game by how many hours of button mashing are required to complete it, then you probably are not capable of appreciating the fact that Portal 2 doesnt waist one single second of the players time. Every moment is fun, deeply satisfying, and worth replaying over and over again. The Animation, Multi-Player, Art, Story, Humor, Sound, Music, Difficulty, and Stability, are all top notch. Portal 2 is a masterpiece that wouldnt have been as good if it were any shorter or any longer. Expand
  35. Apr 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, this was a great game. The graphics were beautiful, the dialogue was hilarious, the story was intriguing, and the new gameplay additions (e.g. the new gels) were fun and interesting. The reason why I gave this a 9 (but I'd rather give it an 8.5) instead of a 10 is because I really didn't like some of the levels deep in the bowels of Aperture Science after Wheatley sent Chell and GLaDOS all the way down. I would have preferred to have some of the levels that we saw in the trailers, but instead we received several parts where we basically just had to use the zoom feature to find a portal-friendly wall half a mile away. So for a couple parts of the game, I feel like we were thinking a lot less with portals and instead just looking around for a white wall. It was also a bit on the shorter side considering the hype and all the delays. But this is just me nit-picking at an otherwise fantastic game. Expand
  36. Apr 26, 2011
    Simply Amazing , the characterization in this game is the best Ive ever seen, you actually care about them and they feel so real. The game play is revolutionary , nothing like this has ever been made before. The story wraps things up beautifully . . . anyone who hasn't played this yet . .. needs too!
  37. Apr 26, 2011
    Truly an excellent with just a few flaws. Lets just start with the positives. This game completely captures the esscence of Portal while improving it immensely. In all truth, no matter how good it was, the originally portal was really just a tech demo (a very good one at that). Portal 2 adds more sustainability by not adding a ton of new features but just improving everything. The storyTruly an excellent with just a few flaws. Lets just start with the positives. This game completely captures the esscence of Portal while improving it immensely. In all truth, no matter how good it was, the originally portal was really just a tech demo (a very good one at that). Portal 2 adds more sustainability by not adding a ton of new features but just improving everything. The story suddenly is completely fleshed out and you get lots of backstory about GLaDOS and Aperture Science. The new game mechanics (not to be spoiled here) are great and trigger mental activity in ways games aren't supposed to. The new coop mode just adds onto that. It's amazing how much depth can be added on just through an additional 2 portals. My only problem with this game is it's length. Although I personally am not too into the artificial re-playability with objects like collectibles, Portal 2 literally offers no chance for any re-playability. The point of a puzzle game is to get you to think. Portal 2 does that, but after you solve the puzzle once then you will know how to solve it again, maybe even faster. There's very little point to playing the game again. Extending off this the game was also extremely short (I finished in under 5 hours). That's not me bragging, I usually finish games in around 20-40 hours, I'm just a little slow, but for me those 5 hours, while enjoyable, were just much too short. Playing through coop took me a little longer but it still only extended it to 13 hours or so. Either way the game cut a little short.

Overall, the game truly is amazing. It will give you one of the best experiences for the short time you'll be playing it until you beat it and then never touch it again.
  38. Apr 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game in a nutshell, is a work of genius. The way that the humour is so skillfully intertwined with such dark subject matter, and the fact that the game has such involved levels; which will cause people to actually think, rather than just "run and gun" which most modern games seem to be about. It is usually the fact that cinematics are more impressive than the actual gameplay of the game- in this case, they are both as impressive as each other, from the powering up of "GLADOS", to the fantastic ending of the game. It seems that Valve don't appear to be able to stop bringing out quality games for the PC! Great job! Expand
  39. Apr 27, 2011
    The Dark humor and compelling puzzles make this a must play for anyone with a pulse. Valve consistently creates masterpieces that will last in the memories of the players for the rest of their gaming lives, and this is no exception. Unfortunately, an experienced player can beat the single player in around 5 or 6 hours in a good run, but they are without a doubt the best few hours you'llThe Dark humor and compelling puzzles make this a must play for anyone with a pulse. Valve consistently creates masterpieces that will last in the memories of the players for the rest of their gaming lives, and this is no exception. Unfortunately, an experienced player can beat the single player in around 5 or 6 hours in a good run, but they are without a doubt the best few hours you'll spend playing a game, until Half-life Episode 3. "I'm Cave Johnson, We're done here." Expand
  40. Apr 27, 2011
    Best Valve game to date. The story and puzzles never fail to boggle the mind. Shows how a little title packaged with a few other games can claim it's own title of Game of the Year 2011. My pick of the year so far.
  41. Apr 28, 2011
    What is with all the negativity? I mean I know it features quite a short story but that really is no reason to give it such low marks, It was an astonishingly immense experience. The voice acting was great and the comedy was non stop hilarity. You can flame on about fan boys all you want but the real reason this deserves a 9 is because it was better than the 1st game and by a long shot, IWhat is with all the negativity? I mean I know it features quite a short story but that really is no reason to give it such low marks, It was an astonishingly immense experience. The voice acting was great and the comedy was non stop hilarity. You can flame on about fan boys all you want but the real reason this deserves a 9 is because it was better than the 1st game and by a long shot, I have played through co-op multiple times and enjoy it every single play through. It's one of those games you get the most out of and you feel like you must hang onto it, then you find yourself picking it up again and enjoying the feeling once more that you don't know the puzzle solution because you've forgot. Expand
  42. Apr 28, 2011
    This game is a serious game of the year contender. This game looks beautiful even using an old game engine, has an amazing story, awesome voice acting, and an ending that will truly leave you smiling and give you something to remember. This game was every thing I expected and more. If I had to recommend this game I most certainly would. The Co-op is super fun and allows you to play withThis game is a serious game of the year contender. This game looks beautiful even using an old game engine, has an amazing story, awesome voice acting, and an ending that will truly leave you smiling and give you something to remember. This game was every thing I expected and more. If I had to recommend this game I most certainly would. The Co-op is super fun and allows you to play with your friends for the first time in the Portal series. This Co-op is about as long as the story so it doubles the playability. You will most likely play this game more then once like i did with Portal and will do with Portal 2. Valve announcing today that there will be DLC's for this game, so you would expect to get a lot of game time out of this game. For the PC version of this game there will most definitely custom maps as well as challenge levels as there were in the first game. In conclusion, this game is a must buy that after all DLC's and custom maps you will get 30+ hours out of this puzzler. I highly recommend it to anyone, but a word of warning. if you are planing on buying this game and haven't played Portal 1 then go and play that first or you will be lost. Expand
  43. Apr 28, 2011
    Ahh Valve. You know how to make me laugh and make me sad, make me smile and make feel stupid for not seeing it sooner. The highs, the lows.. It's so brilliant. Well written, masterfully paced, beautifully atmospheric. This is one of the best games you can play. You can tell they had fun making this game. Get it and you won't be disappointed.
  44. Apr 28, 2011
    I loved it! This game had great puzzles, a great story, and great humor. I haven't laughed this much in a game ever. This game wasn't too long, but it was the right length. Any longer and I would have probably started getting tired of the puzzles, but they had the right pacing. I haven't tried much of the co-op yet but what I have played was pretty fun. It's nice to have to work withI loved it! This game had great puzzles, a great story, and great humor. I haven't laughed this much in a game ever. This game wasn't too long, but it was the right length. Any longer and I would have probably started getting tired of the puzzles, but they had the right pacing. I haven't tried much of the co-op yet but what I have played was pretty fun. It's nice to have to work with someone else and pick apart each other brains. One of the best games I think in the last couple years. Expand
  45. Apr 29, 2011
    Fantastic game. Easily the funniest and best written game in history and one of the best games ever made period. Portal 2 is fun, smart and gorgeous. The people on metacritic who are rating it low because of a supposed "4-6 hour" campaign are either lying or stupid or both. The single player campaign took me 8 hours to play through on my first go and the Coop took about 7. That's 15 HoursFantastic game. Easily the funniest and best written game in history and one of the best games ever made period. Portal 2 is fun, smart and gorgeous. The people on metacritic who are rating it low because of a supposed "4-6 hour" campaign are either lying or stupid or both. The single player campaign took me 8 hours to play through on my first go and the Coop took about 7. That's 15 Hours of one of the greatest games ever, don't be an idiot, and buy it. Expand
  46. Apr 30, 2011
    The best game experience in last three years and one of the best games of decade. Studio Valve shows how to do game for gamers and also how to earn big money. Best studio in the whole industry. Story, humour, graphics in Portal 2 - everything is epic here. And... now announced DLC for all platforms FREE - who else can offer it to the players?
  47. Apr 30, 2011
    I really liked the game, almost a perfect continuation and it wasn't too short, luckily. It was REAL fun. But it wasn't a real challenge, not like the first game. I give it the max score because I trust that Valve will release DLC-s soon, with more challenging levels, so the fun is not over yet.
  48. Apr 30, 2011
    This takes the first one, as amazing as it was and iron's out it's few issues. A brilliant game in every way and probably the best that this year will see. Those who say the game is short, will never be satisfied. No matter how much they make of this game, it will always leave you wanting MORE.
  49. May 1, 2011
    I believe this game to be the best I've ever played, it took all the flair, originality and general awesomeness from Portal, and intensified it. The voice acting, humour, game play, puzzles, online co-op were all brilliant, and I loved every moment I spent playing this game.
  50. May 1, 2011
    The Left 4 Dead games, although brilliant, fell short for me as I prefer singleplayer story-driven games. Valve's singleplayer adventures are back and better than ever with Portal 2, and added to that is all they've learned about co-op with Left 4 Dead. This mix of a genuinely exciting and hilarious story with a separate, finely-crafted co-op campaign makes for Valve's best game since TheThe Left 4 Dead games, although brilliant, fell short for me as I prefer singleplayer story-driven games. Valve's singleplayer adventures are back and better than ever with Portal 2, and added to that is all they've learned about co-op with Left 4 Dead. This mix of a genuinely exciting and hilarious story with a separate, finely-crafted co-op campaign makes for Valve's best game since The Orange Box, the best game of 2011 so far and puts Portal 2 firmly in the sights for Game of the Year. Expand
  51. May 1, 2011
    Portal 1 is why I bought a PC for gaming, and it was worth the price of admission. As a result, I was introduced to Steam, and a host of wonderful games. However, no game since Portal 1 has caught my whole family's imagination, until Portal 2. The puzzles are just as fiendish, and the story just as intriguing. The cooperative mode will at least double the replayability of the game, makingPortal 1 is why I bought a PC for gaming, and it was worth the price of admission. As a result, I was introduced to Steam, and a host of wonderful games. However, no game since Portal 1 has caught my whole family's imagination, until Portal 2. The puzzles are just as fiendish, and the story just as intriguing. The cooperative mode will at least double the replayability of the game, making it an even better deal than the first game. My only complaint is that I wish there were more, but even at 8 hours of family collaboration on puzzle solving, it's a fine deal. I hope there's more content on the way. In summary, this is why I play PC games. Expand
  52. May 2, 2011
    Best game valve has produced to date. Great storytelling, animation, brilliant in a very minimal, pure way, with an innocent and entertaining plot. Simply the best puzzle game to come out in years.
  53. May 2, 2011
    Portal 2 is a masterpiece. The game play is outstanding, the writing and voice acting are top notch, the levels and atmosphere are immersive, and both the single player scenario and the co-op game are just simply non-stop good plain FUN. It really is something special. There is only one flaw that I have come across in Portal 2: the game comes to an end. Hopefully updates and DLC will fixPortal 2 is a masterpiece. The game play is outstanding, the writing and voice acting are top notch, the levels and atmosphere are immersive, and both the single player scenario and the co-op game are just simply non-stop good plain FUN. It really is something special. There is only one flaw that I have come across in Portal 2: the game comes to an end. Hopefully updates and DLC will fix this. Seriously, this is a game that everyone can play and have a blast with. I found that it was worth it at full price. You'd certainly have to be out of your mind not to pick it up on sale. You monster. Expand
  54. May 2, 2011
    Portal 2 has taken the place of my FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!

Seriously. This is from someone with ~30 years of gaming experience. Portal 2 tops the original Portal, Half Life 2, Day of the Tentacle, and the Secret of Monkey island (some of my previous all-time favorites), and is just an incredible, enjoyable experience. I've spent about 25 hours with it so far, including
    Portal 2 has taken the place of my FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!

Seriously.

I've spent about 25 hours with it so far, including single-player, co-op, starting to replay single-player with the commentary nodes, and going for achievements. With more free DLC announced already for the summer, I can say that there are many hours of game time left. This is a game I can see myself taking 'off the shelf' and replaying many years from now. And of the time that was spent.... brilliant. Just quality gameplay.

This is definitely a 'Must Play', and this is also the first time I have EVER written a game review in my life. The low user score prompted me to register on metacritic and write this. A game this good deserves a better score.
  55. May 7, 2011
    A worthy successor to Portal. The game's fast paced puzzling and humor are it's strong points. And for those looking for more of a challenge the co-op mode offers more complex puzzles. Though it's a longer game than the original, it's still only 5-10 hours long depending on your pacing. However, these are 5-10 hours well worth spending.
  56. May 26, 2011
    BEST GAME BY VALVE AT THE MOMENT! They always know how to deliver the quality of a game that we want. Valve is the number 1 game developer at the moment and I can positively say, that this is a game you should buy. Now we must just wait for HL2 Episode 3
  57. May 10, 2011
    Whoever is giving this game negative reps needs to wake up and smell the reality. THIS IS THE BEST PC GAME EVER MADE. The plot is fantastic, the gameplay is just awesome, the length is goodly, the co-op is very cool... I just can't think of enough good things to say about it. I have friends who play it on Xbox and PS3, and even they say it's better than anything they're ever seen. Yes, IWhoever is giving this game negative reps needs to wake up and smell the reality. THIS IS THE BEST PC GAME EVER MADE. The plot is fantastic, the gameplay is just awesome, the length is goodly, the co-op is very cool... I just can't think of enough good things to say about it. I have friends who play it on Xbox and PS3, and even they say it's better than anything they're ever seen. Yes, I know that it isn't Call of Duty- that doesn't mean that it has to get a negative review, derp. Portal 2 exceeded all my expectations, and I look forward to the DLC map package coming out this summer. Expand
  58. May 10, 2011
    Great game. I can't decide what game I like better, Portal, or Portal 2. I think I'll go with portal because it felt so original at the time, but by definition the sequel can't be completely original. That doesn't mean it is a rehash - not in the least. They introduce plenty of fun new concepts to combine and play with. That along with some new feeling locations within the compound, newGreat game. I can't decide what game I like better, Portal, or Portal 2. I think I'll go with portal because it felt so original at the time, but by definition the sequel can't be completely original. That doesn't mean it is a rehash - not in the least. They introduce plenty of fun new concepts to combine and play with. That along with some new feeling locations within the compound, new characters and dialog, etc. it never feels like the same old thing. Although I think I liked Portal 1 a little bit better overall, I liked the ending of Portal 2 better, it can easily be described as epic. If you liked Portal 1, you'll like this just as much. Highly recommended! Expand
  59. Aug 24, 2011
    A great game which expands wonderfully on all the originals elements whilst adding some new ones of its own. On top of the fun the main game elements supply, there is also a good deal genuinely humorous dialogue to keeps things interesting which brings me to its main downside - the game does get somewhat repetitive about three quarters of the way through. It is, after all, one puzzleA great game which expands wonderfully on all the originals elements whilst adding some new ones of its own. On top of the fun the main game elements supply, there is also a good deal genuinely humorous dialogue to keeps things interesting which brings me to its main downside - the game does get somewhat repetitive about three quarters of the way through. It is, after all, one puzzle after the next. Still a great though but not a GOTY contender imho. Expand
  60. May 26, 2011
    Great game! Really! I finished it on Tuesday.
    It has only one drawback: I do not want to play it a second time.
    Why? I do not know ... Do not engage me emotionally.
  61. May 26, 2011
    I have never played the original portals so I was new to the whole concept. However I still found the puzzles to be pretty easy until the end. The story is interesting and humorous from start to finish. The graphics is good, for a puzzle game, I mean if the environment is overly complicated it can be too distracting to the puzzle itself. Imagine if you had to find some button in aI have never played the original portals so I was new to the whole concept. However I still found the puzzles to be pretty easy until the end. The story is interesting and humorous from start to finish. The graphics is good, for a puzzle game, I mean if the environment is overly complicated it can be too distracting to the puzzle itself. Imagine if you had to find some button in a field of grass or something but that's not the case here, every piece of the puzzle is obvious except for the solution. Overall this game is fun and entertaining. Well worth the money. Expand
  62. May 31, 2011
    Seriously good game with a vastly updated source engine incorporating extremely detailed shadows and liquid physics, which the later are used extensively in the puzzles later in the game. The game itself is split in two parts, 1 being the single player which is roughly 9-10 hours long and then the coop campaign which is completely separate to the single player. The coop itself has someSeriously good game with a vastly updated source engine incorporating extremely detailed shadows and liquid physics, which the later are used extensively in the puzzles later in the game. The game itself is split in two parts, 1 being the single player which is roughly 9-10 hours long and then the coop campaign which is completely separate to the single player. The coop itself has some nice features, including being able to play along side PS3 users in the first true cross platform game ever made and if you buy it on the PS3 you get a free steam copy to play on your PC, which makes the game even more of a bargain. Easily one of the best games I've ever played, with the right balance of story telling, jaw dropping graphics and effects, plus humour, which is often a lacking element in todays gaming market. Expand
  63. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is amazing. The dialogue in the game is hilarious, the puzzles are well designed (almost making it too easy to see the solution sometimes), and co-op is an awesome addition. The only negative thing I can say is that I felt the game was holding my hand sometimes by having special tiles designating where you would need to place portals to solve the puzzle. Overall, this game isThis game is amazing. The dialogue in the game is hilarious, the puzzles are well designed (almost making it too easy to see the solution sometimes), and co-op is an awesome addition. The only negative thing I can say is that I felt the game was holding my hand sometimes by having special tiles designating where you would need to place portals to solve the puzzle. Overall, this game is worth your money, and if you do buy it, play it with friends! The co-op in the game is really awesome. Expand
  64. Dec 3, 2012
    I must say 10/10! Great job to valve for this one, I played and loved portal 1 but waited until portal 2 went on sale as I expected it to be a short game. That being said the game is worth at least $20! The characters are EXCELLENT they actually made me laugh a few times, much improved from the already great portal 1. The game is longer than portal 1 but took me about 5 hours to completeI must say 10/10! Great job to valve for this one, I played and loved portal 1 but waited until portal 2 went on sale as I expected it to be a short game. That being said the game is worth at least $20! The characters are EXCELLENT they actually made me laugh a few times, much improved from the already great portal 1. The game is longer than portal 1 but took me about 5 hours to complete taking my time and not using any help. There is also a multiplayer component that I have yet to touch which I am sure can add many more hours of entertainment. If your new to portal, definitely play portal 1 first as this is a direct sequel and many things that make this game great (story wise) will be lost to you. The background this game gives you on aperture and why you are there is outstanding and was truly unexpected from me. This is a terrific game for all ages, perfectly polished, great graphics, great story, excellent voice acting/character development with the ONLY con being it is short. With the price tag it carries today it is well worth the price and often goes on sale for $5, I encourage all to buy it. Expand
  65. Jun 3, 2011
    Valve does it again, really nice game, quite nice story that continues and yet tells back story of apparature, Not a 10 from me because it as short imo, and needs quite more easter eggs.. (cmon Valve make us think hard! ) but a solid 9.5 non the less
  66. Jun 3, 2011
    Awesome game. Much more premade content than Portal 1 and quite a few new mechanics. I thought the story, acting and comedy was grade A. I couldn't wait to solve the puzzles to get to the great dialog of GLaDOS, Cave Johnson, and Wheatley.

To address some critiques: Length - I can see where some feel the game is a bit short. However I counter that it was no shorter than the storylines

To address some critiques:
    Length - I can see where some feel the game is a bit short. However I counter that it was no shorter than the storylines of most of the first person shooters out there and every aspect is top quality, no filler here. Beyond that they have already released a level editor for beta testing. Once it is finished you'll theoretically have an unlimited number of puzzles to solve.

Replayability - Level editor solves this. User generated content can make this as replayable as an FPS multiplayer mode.

Difficulty - The puzzles were relatively easy. An adult of average intelligence should be able to solve each single player puzzle in 10-30 minutes imo. This may seem dumbed down but I feel the difficulty was similar in Portal one. Perhaps it was 15-35 minutes instead but they still weren't mensa level puzzles you take all day on. I'm sure this was partly done to ensure a wide audience. Not everyone enjoys tackling impossible problems (I do but don't require it to have fun). I also think it had a lot to do with pacing. I found the balance between the dialog and the length of the puzzles to be perfect. The puzzles were difficult enough that you gained satisfaction just from solving them and gave time to stew on the last tidbit of the backstory of the lab but they were not so difficult that you would get stuck or take so long that your enthusiasm to hear the next bit of dialog would wane. I found the multiplayer puzzles to be a little more challenging but still not mensa level. I think the level editor will once again provide for everyone. I'm sure some extremely devious levels will be devised by people as well as many more medium level puzzles like the game comes with.
  67. Jun 10, 2011
    Portal 2 is a great sequel to the original game. Sure, it does it all over again: shoot a portal, solve the puzzle, move on... but it does it creatively and manages to surprise and make you lough.
    Not matter how much time you will spend playing, it will be time well spent.

Great game.
  68. Apr 26, 2012
    One of the best games i've played and the best Valve game ever. The soundtrack and history is amazing and Gameplay is revolucionary. Congratulations, Valve! You make one of the best games ever
  69. Aug 27, 2011
    Portal 2 is just flat out fun. The single player is short (about 6-7 hours worth of play time) and isn't as challenging as Portal but it's much more creative and a joy to play. Co-op is incredibly fun and really is the best part about the game.

The only flaws that I can find (and it's a nit pick anyway) are that like the first it is decidedly linear (but the environments are much more open and you don't feel as cramped) and that some of the solutions to the scripted events feel a little overly convenient.

This is a top notch title that's simply fun to play.
  70. Aug 4, 2011
    Great game and game design!!!
    Great game and game design!!!
    It proves that u don't need the latest engine or fastest high resolutions frame rates to make a good game though Mario has pointed this out for years. Though it's within the fps genera this is really a puzzle game with great sarcasm , cake anyone? The puzzle are incremental and few make u think if you have jump strait from portal, though if u haven't there is a small mine numbing moment when u stop walking and start "portal(ing)" your way there!
    Game-play is fantastic and unrivalled Graphics are perfect for its purpose
    Sound is funny beyond belief
  71. Jun 17, 2011
    A beautiful game. I have enjoyed 15hrs of gameplay - singleplayer and co-op a few times with various people. I gave it 9 because they took out time trials D: and some more abstract mind bending puzzles would be nice.

Props to valve for so quickly releasing the authoring too. Bring on the DLC!
  72. Aug 1, 2011
    Puzzles most amazing and innovative. Audio of the game completely flawless. The thrills and surprises have made the game's story and the end of his predecessor and very originial. Perfect is what I set about this game.
  73. Aug 1, 2011
    One of the best games that i ever played, so original, you got a first person game that dont need to even shoot a bullet, and its real nice.
    Valve´s games are really innovative so this one.
  74. Sep 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 2 is puzzels if you like puzzle in levels play it. The action .... what action is 0% perhaps the last of end game. i need to say its fun at start ofcourse its a new game. But its easy to play the story is fun and offcourse the humor. Its a good game when you are done playing solo or co-op the game is over and not word paying 50 bugs for it wait when the game is below 20 because you play it 1 time nothing more nothing less. Expand
  75. Nov 25, 2011
    I hardly ever rate games a 10, but when a game successfully mixes comedy, physics, storytelling, puzzles, and graphics, 10 almost doesn't seem to be enough. I was skeptical about the fact that a sequel was being released, but I had nothing to worry about all along. This series will forever be an icon in the gaming community.
  76. Jul 24, 2011
    This game was a very fun game! To put it simply it was AWESOME! The ending was great too, I never thought it would end the way it did! I recommend buying this game it is worth it!
  77. Jul 26, 2011
    I was a little worried at first at what would become from the sequel of Portal, for most sequels these days seem to be rushed and not done well. However, I found portal 2 to be an enjoyable experience. The main plot was great, the gameplay and the puzzles were easy at first, but during the game they became more and more difficult, which I liked. The typical valve humor and the easter eggsI was a little worried at first at what would become from the sequel of Portal, for most sequels these days seem to be rushed and not done well. However, I found portal 2 to be an enjoyable experience. The main plot was great, the gameplay and the puzzles were easy at first, but during the game they became more and more difficult, which I liked. The typical valve humor and the easter eggs were also very attractive. After I did the singleplayer, I went to co-op, which was terrific too. I am very sure that, if it will be made, Portal 3 will be a success too. Great work Valve, for making another great game! Expand
  78. Jul 30, 2011
    Genuine and a great successor to its predecessor. Definitely lived up to the hype although I still consider it short and may not be a fair trade, price-wise. Despite that, it was creative, intriguing, and ultimately satisfying.
  79. Aug 6, 2011
    Portal 2 is really a masterpiece.When I played it first, I said 'Yes! It's a Valve game'.Because there is no game company which can make a game like this.Graphics,puzzles,gameplay,everything is perfect.Characters are very funny.I mean robots.Dialogues and cinematics are hilarious.I'm sure about that,when you finish this game,there will be a smile on your face.
  80. Nov 3, 2011
    One of my favourite games ever, i never thought i would be saying that. It is such an improvement on the first one too and i love the story and banter throughout the game. My only gripe would be that the levels are too easy, i found i wizzed through the first half of the game.
  81. Dec 15, 2011
    This is a great game. The graphics are beautiful, the story is filled with dark humor, the voice acting is superb, and the puzzles are challenging. All in all, this is a fun and challenging experience worth the price.
  82. Nov 15, 2011
    This is one of the best game I've ever played
    This is one of the best game I've ever played
    It has an amazing story line and fun characters. Although I think the game is a but short but there is nothing wrong with that. I have played through the story loads of times, each time I do I find out more information about the story and Easter eggs, but not everyone will do this. Hopefully with the future update, running custom maps will keep people playing this amazing game

The co op part of the game makes up 40% of portal 2, but I highly recommend only playing the story with a friend as it gets annoying that you can only talk to them using simple sentences and phrases like "step on that button"or "go over there"

I got this game as a PS3 version, although I only play it on PC. This is because I have a good PC and that I am not very happy with the PS3 port. Loading times are long and the game can slow down at times. Also playing the game with a keyboard and mouse is a LOT easier

The soundtrack of the game is very dynamic. More instruments/tracks come in sometimes in certain levels, like when you are flying in the air or when activating switches, it is really good when you finish the game and listen to the credits :)

You don't need to play portal 1 to understand it, but it helps if you do, but if you use steam then you might already have it or git it for free

Everyone should try this game, this definitely goes on my top 5 games list!
  83. Nov 16, 2011
    Valve never fails to disapoint. Everything about this game is so unique and enjoyable. If you have only played the single player you really need to go back and play through the coop! Especially now that Valve released new DLC (for free I might add, that alone makes me want to give this game more than a 10) Don't forget to bring your combustible lemons as well!
  84. Nov 18, 2011
    It's the best story game I've ever played. Valve out did themselves with Portal 2, fun, thrilling, fast, and creative. It will eventually end up being remembered as one of the great games of its age. (Now if Valve would just release Half Life 3 already.)
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    Solid writing as well as excellent dark humour, the puzzles are challenging but never so to a point of getting stuck. Story line offer plenty for everyone here.
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    Other of the biggest masterpiece of Valve. Portal 2 is the best example of how to overcome the insurmountable. There is no way to complain about this game because it is simply amazing. High top of the best game of this generation.
  87. Nov 20, 2011
    The game, being just as challenging as the first, brought me into thinking mode, as i tried to work out the puzzles. the gift of getting passed the task isn't even as rewarding as how pleased i am with myself when i finally figure it out. After every puzzle, i grin, and go on towards the next challenge.
  88. Jan 20, 2012
    Breathtaking. The hilarious characters, the exciting puzzles, and the deep plotline make this game a must-have. The only thing I didn't like was the boss fight. It was way too easy, and almost exactly like the one from the original Portal, but much more obvious. However, other than this small detail, I think Portal 2 is a great game. Valve has done it again.
  89. Jul 23, 2012
    A sequel worthy of the original. There's really nothing I can add that hasn't been said already. Melds a wonderful (if somewhat predictable) story with unforgettable characters and enthralling puzzles. Do yourself a huge favor and just get it.
  90. Feb 27, 2012
    It's supremely easy to gush hyperbole over this game...with good reason. It's a rare thing for a game to be this funny and this beautiful and THIS involving and impossible to put down. It goes eons beyond what Portal 1 attempted to do...Portal 2- IT GOES TO 11!!!...if this scoring system could, that is...
  91. Mar 6, 2012
    Portal 2 was a fantastic experience. It took the winning formula from the first iteration and improved it on every possible aspect.

It is much more aesthetically appealing than the first one, the puzzles are more inventive and fun and the storyline, even if not the most important aspect in a game like this, is entertaining provides some good laughs.
  92. Mar 30, 2012
    Truly a masterpiece, like its predecessor.
    Imho Portal 2 lives up to the expectations of Portal, which tells a lot, actually.
    Truly a masterpiece, like its predecessor.
    With Portal 2, Valve manages to introduces new chunks of story, new characters (and the actors who voices the new characters like Wheatley and Cave Johnson did a SUPERB job), new interetisting mechanics and fun puzzles and it's also longer than Portal, but not the 'boring long', just enough to keep the player entertained without becoming boring (and you will probably want to replay it at least a couple of times more) . Definitely a must have.
  93. Apr 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game because it's bigger than the original and also with new features. But I prefer the original because I think the ending was not very good and the character Weathley (the robot that appears at the beginning of the game) made the game seem childish, because Weathley is very similar to those robots you see in Disney movies.
    But even so, I consider this a nice game.
  94. Nov 25, 2012
    This is without a doubt the best game I have ever played. I honestly cannot say one negative thing about it. The main story is absolutely fantastic. It's funny, entertaining, charming, smart, and gives a sense of intrigue. The gameplay is completely unique and far superior to any game out there. The design of using puzzles in the way it has been done is absolutely brilliant; some areThis is without a doubt the best game I have ever played. I honestly cannot say one negative thing about it. The main story is absolutely fantastic. It's funny, entertaining, charming, smart, and gives a sense of intrigue. The gameplay is completely unique and far superior to any game out there. The design of using puzzles in the way it has been done is absolutely brilliant; some are challenging but it makes you never want to give up. The free downloadable content of user created maps on steam is simply the best addition to any game ever. There are hundreds of extremely high quality maps posted totally free which adds nearly infinite replay value. You can also create your own maps which is a super fun process. I still feel my time isn't wasted if I cannot come up with something I'm happy with to publish because it's so good that even just messing around for a couple hours is enjoyable. Portal 2 is best played on the PC by far and I highly recommend you pick up this game.......................... I have been playing games for 17+ years from the old NES, some great super nintendo games, awesome N64 stuff, etc but this game beats every mario, zelda, halo... you name it. As you get older it's hard to find games that really draw you in and let you have fun with it like you did when you were 10. This game accomplishes that. Portal 2 is a classic that will go down as one of the best, if not the single best game ever made. Expand
  95. Apr 3, 2012
    Portal 2 is amazing. the campaign's humour and direction gripped me from the start and i have to say that this is the funniest and most challenging game of 2011.
  96. May 20, 2012
    One of the best games I ever played. It's fantastic and it's perfect. I used to hate this kind of games, but Portal 2 opened my mind to this fantastic world. And GlaDOS... I love you.
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    More of the good stuff. It really is sad when people give a game like Portal 2 an extremely low score. What were you expecting? It has a single player and co-op campaign with user created content. You didn't have to buy it day one. Its not like it won't be five dollars on steam a few weeks later. Valve is just that generous. I absolutely loved that Valve included a steam copy withMore of the good stuff. It really is sad when people give a game like Portal 2 an extremely low score. What were you expecting? It has a single player and co-op campaign with user created content. You didn't have to buy it day one. Its not like it won't be five dollars on steam a few weeks later. Valve is just that generous. I absolutely loved that Valve included a steam copy with purchases of the Playstation 3 version. Keep it up, Valve. Expand
  98. May 18, 2012
    Bought the duo-pack for 12$ on steam.
    BEST. PURCHASE. EVER!
    I love the game and had so much fun with my friend! especially over skype. Hoping for Portal 3
  99. May 19, 2012
    The story is fun and humorous, the puzzles range from simplistic to diabolical, the characters are well fleshed-out, and the gameplay is absolutely engaging. A must-have.
  100. May 20, 2012
    I thought Portal 2 was just wonderful. The humorous dialogue coupled with that "Aha!" feeling you get when you beat a puzzle made this game franchise the successful gold mine it is today. While it was noticeably less puzzle-y than the first one, the co-op more than made up for this game's lack of difficulty. The puzzles, especially in single-player, were more trying to find the onlyI thought Portal 2 was just wonderful. The humorous dialogue coupled with that "Aha!" feeling you get when you beat a puzzle made this game franchise the successful gold mine it is today. While it was noticeably less puzzle-y than the first one, the co-op more than made up for this game's lack of difficulty. The puzzles, especially in single-player, were more trying to find the only platform in the room you can place a portal on. This being Portal 2's only flaw in my opinion (and a minor one at that), I don't see any reason why this game shouldn't get a perfect 10/10.

Oh, and I also thought the single player ending (which I am not going to be giving away) was both innovative and spectacular.
  101. Apr 20, 2011
    Portal 2 is simply awesome. the graphics are great, the voice-acting is good, the story is good although i saw the plot-twists coming from miles away. the length of the game was initially a tiny bit disappointing, but if i think about it: Portal 2 relies purely on the portal-gun and i suppose that after ~8 hours that can get repetitive for most average players. the only real weak spot inPortal 2 is simply awesome. the graphics are great, the voice-acting is good, the story is good although i saw the plot-twists coming from miles away. the length of the game was initially a tiny bit disappointing, but if i think about it: Portal 2 relies purely on the portal-gun and i suppose that after ~8 hours that can get repetitive for most average players. the only real weak spot in portal 2 is the Co-Op mode. apparently valve believes that everybody has a friend who has portal 2 as well which isn't the case for most players. this leads to an unequal gameplay for most when being partnered with random people (if one has done the test already and knows the solution then the other player can't discover the solution on his/her own and gets it explained to.which takes the fun out of it). i had the luck to be teamed up with one who has just started to play too, but there are other who won't be that lucky.
    that aside. Portal 2 is a great game and was definitely worth my time and money and i look forward to play trough it again in a month when i forgot most of the rooms. i don't understand why people are so furious at the game. its been quite a while since valve brought out any (large) single-player games and i do think they have done quite a good job. the only thing i do hate about portal 2 is the attempt to make money on in-game apparel for a Co-op mode that can be finished in a few hours during which only your partner sees you. i find that plain ridiculous

1. Oct 20, 2011