8.8

1. Apr 19, 2011
    Absolutely stunning game, valve did nothing wrong with its release or development, I am left to conclude that the bad review surrounding this game is nothing, but greifers and trolls that hate to see a success of a much loved and publicised game
  2. Apr 19, 2011
    Even better than portal 2, users giving a 0 just because they don't like the potato thing/ the tf2 style dlc shop.... should stop whining and play, it's a great game. Absolutely 100% worth the price
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    I was a big fan of the first game, and was looking forward to this game, and in the end it did not disappoint.
    I liked the new innovations and the addition of the story element. Was overall very enjoyable.
    The only thing that bothered me was the amount of loading screens considering how short some of the levels were. The game length was adequate in my opinion, about 6 hours, and co-op
    The game length was adequate in my opinion, about 6 hours, and co-op seems like it can add a lot more time onto the game.
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    Fantastic game! Great script, lovely world, innovative in many ways. Truly a great sequel. Game is well more than four hours long, does not contain required content that costs extra money, nor has many of the problems other reviewers are mentioning. All in all this is a fantastic game well worth most people's time!
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    Don't even look at the people downvoting this game. The majority are trolls from /v/ who haven't even purchased the game. This game was Valve's masterpiece. It's just about perfect in every way.
  6. Apr 19, 2011
    Interesting. Challenging and fun. One of the best games you will ever pla. ignore all the negative comments from people who are annoyed about optional not important DLC that YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY!!!! So buy it love it and ignore all the negative stupid whiney comments.
  7. Apr 19, 2011
    Simply perfect in all ways. Loved the Marketing, loved the Single-Player, loved the Multi-Player, loved the DLC, love being able to customize the co-op bots. Absolutely epic in all ways. Perfect
  8. Apr 19, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played, the pacing combined with the witty dialogue and story make for an unforgettable experience. There are two experiences to be had though, both a co-op and a single-player. Each offer something unforgettable, and enjoyable in their own right. There is endless variety to keep the game from becoming stale. Any caveats such as the infamous "DLC" store, andOne of the best games I've ever played, the pacing combined with the witty dialogue and story make for an unforgettable experience. There are two experiences to be had though, both a co-op and a single-player. Each offer something unforgettable, and enjoyable in their own right. There is endless variety to keep the game from becoming stale. Any caveats such as the infamous "DLC" store, and the potato marketing stunt are far outweighed by what is an amazing game. We are gamers, right guys? Expand
  9. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is fantastic, the dialogue is funny, sadistic and very well written. Valve really has outdone themselves with this. Really looking forward to co-op it will add even more on to the length of the game.
  10. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm not going to go into the whole DLC stuff because I don't care. However, to all of these people that say the game is only 4 hours long. Shut up. I just finished playing though just the single player and it took me about 7 hours. Add in the fact that there is a whole co-op campaign that is different from the main story, you've got way more game here than 4 hours. Again, to all the 4 hourI'm not going to go into the whole DLC stuff because I don't care. However, to all of these people that say the game is only 4 hours long. Shut up. I just finished playing though just the single player and it took me about 7 hours. Add in the fact that there is a whole co-op campaign that is different from the main story, you've got way more game here than 4 hours. Again, to all the 4 hour people, shut up you stupid sheep. Expand
  11. Apr 19, 2011
    Most of the complaints being submitted are completely unfounded. Please see this article which addresses some of the nonsense being spouted on this rating site:

Portal 2 probably is NOT a "10", but it certainly isn't a "0" or "1". Thus, to counterbalance this nonsense, I am giving the game a "10".
  12. Apr 19, 2011
    This game was absolutely amazing, the story telling, complex(-ish) puzzles, the color theme, everything, not to mention it has a lot of replayability values. Valve truly has made a masterpiece here. There really isn't more to be said, oh and to the people who complain about the length, this is a free-roam game, you're not being bound to someone leading you everywhere and telling you whatThis game was absolutely amazing, the story telling, complex(-ish) puzzles, the color theme, everything, not to mention it has a lot of replayability values. Valve truly has made a masterpiece here. There really isn't more to be said, oh and to the people who complain about the length, this is a free-roam game, you're not being bound to someone leading you everywhere and telling you what to like, like in CoD or some other generic shooter for the mindless masses. Valve, keep doing what you're doing ;) Expand
  13. Apr 19, 2011
    Valve did an awesome job carrying on from where Portal 1 left off, the twists and turns in the story were as entertaining as they were unseen. I've yet to beat the single player campaign, but finished the whole co-op campaign in 6hrs. Honestly, I have no idea where people are pulling "It's just a 3hr game" from, because unless you're just rushing through everything without even caringValve did an awesome job carrying on from where Portal 1 left off, the twists and turns in the story were as entertaining as they were unseen. I've yet to beat the single player campaign, but finished the whole co-op campaign in 6hrs. Honestly, I have no idea where people are pulling "It's just a 3hr game" from, because unless you're just rushing through everything without even caring about the storyline/graphic design/changes to the spaces there is just no freaking way you can beat the whole game (single player and campaign) in just 3hrs. And if you're seriously just buying this game to rush to the end, then you need to stop playing video games, because they are meant to be enjoyed.

Yes there is a DLC store, but the items it provides are not at all needed to complete the game or even have fun with it, they are nothing more than hats and other crap to customize your character in co-op. NOTHING MORE.

This game is well worth the price tag if you enjoyed the first game, even more so if you're a fan of co-op games (which the portal 2 co-op experience went way over what I was expecting it to be!).
  14. Apr 19, 2011
    Fantastic gameplay that expands greatly from its predecessor, immaculate dialog, and co-op that is not only split-screen, but CROSS-PLATFORM. This is a great game. Complaints about the DLC and cash shop are silly. All of the DLC is cosmetic and unnecessary lagniappe that can be completely ignored if you so desire. You will enjoy this game.
  15. Apr 24, 2011
    Innovative, original, hilarious and wonderfully fun. A testament to what a sequel should be. Bioware's Dragon age 2 team should look at this game as a how to manual for releasing a sequel.
  16. Apr 19, 2011
    Can't believe all the haters are being so ridiculous. No-one is making you buy the DLC!!! It's just optional extras. I'd be surprised if it wasn't actually a joke on their behalf about microtransactions in games.
    This is an amazing game and deserves much higher scores than the muppets here have given it.
  17. Apr 19, 2011
    After completing it, thought it had plenty of content, excellent buy. Pretty damn funny in parts, I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I detest insanely about this game is the implementation of a store and the customisation. Which no doubt the majority of which you have to purchase. I'd had enough of that rubbish from TF2. If the DLC is genuinely worth the money, like new mapsAfter completing it, thought it had plenty of content, excellent buy. Pretty damn funny in parts, I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I detest insanely about this game is the implementation of a store and the customisation. Which no doubt the majority of which you have to purchase. I'd had enough of that rubbish from TF2. If the DLC is genuinely worth the money, like new maps with some actual new content, then great. But i'm not getting my hopes up. Expand
  18. Apr 19, 2011
    Valve truly excelled with this game, making the huge and detailed worlds like those of a Half-Life 2 Series game, while incorporating portals and puzzles. However, these large worlds need to load VERY often, interrupting the game with a loading screen. Overall, it is an excellent game.
  19. Apr 19, 2011
    PC gamers are such cry babies. This game is awesomeness. You don't need any of that DLC anyway, it's just cosmetic crap for your co-op bot. The game is what it is. If you liked Portal you will love this.
  20. Apr 19, 2011
    Great game, little on the easy side but complete with all the things that made Portal 1 great. I don't know why so many people are complaining about the DLC. If you don't want to get it, don't.
  21. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is far from a console port. The graphics on my PC are outstanding. The story is extremely well written and fresh. The puzzles are unique and fun. If you don't want cosmetic additions, don't buy them. They are not a detraction from the game.
  22. Apr 19, 2011
    Best game of all time! After finishing the game in about 20 hours, I bought a hat for my robot! Now my other robot wants a hat too! Thank you Valve for giving my robots lots of hats!
  23. Apr 19, 2011
    Honestly, I don't get all the negativity. The game is more than 4 hours if you don't play it like a madman (I've got about 6 hours out of it), and that's excluding coop, and the "Day one DLC" isn't DLC. You neither download it nor does it add any content. It only adds aesthetic stuff, without which you get the same game. Sure, it's not the best game ever, probably not even Valve's, butHonestly, I don't get all the negativity. The game is more than 4 hours if you don't play it like a madman (I've got about 6 hours out of it), and that's excluding coop, and the "Day one DLC" isn't DLC. You neither download it nor does it add any content. It only adds aesthetic stuff, without which you get the same game. Sure, it's not the best game ever, probably not even Valve's, but it's a damn good game nonetheless. Good graphics, good gameplay, good and VERY funny at points storyline. Proper voiceacting, AWESOME looks. It's a bit on the easy side though, only a few places I was anywhere close to feeling stumped. I give this a solid 8/10. Expand
  24. Apr 19, 2011
    All of the 0's are just trolls readers. Here's what's what: I've been playing the game for about 6 hours now, indulging in every single detail (because I'm a Valve and Portal fan), and have only reached halfway through. If you just keep on going and skip all the minor details, i expect this game to last at least 8 hours for you. However, this game is great, hands down. The story isn't theAll of the 0's are just trolls readers. Here's what's what: I've been playing the game for about 6 hours now, indulging in every single detail (because I'm a Valve and Portal fan), and have only reached halfway through. If you just keep on going and skip all the minor details, i expect this game to last at least 8 hours for you. However, this game is great, hands down. The story isn't the best, but out of what's coming in the recent industry with modern shooters, this is second to none. I thought I'd be seeing the same things from Portal 1. And for the first few hours, it did; then it brought out the big guns. Bottom line: I've been having a blast with this game.

ALSO ABOUT DLC: There is none. If you're familiar with Team Fortress 2, they have a Mann Co. Store where you buy skins and little things for your co op robots. **DLC will be announced later on and will most likely include levels for the co-op campaign and new items for the robots. If they follow their fashion with Team Fortress 2, THESE UPDATES WILL BE FREE (on PC).**
  25. Apr 19, 2011
    Didn't think they'd be able to do it again, but once again Valve has created an actually GREAT game. Which is saying something since there are so few great's within the last 10 years. Just like Portal, Portal 2 has nigh infinite replay-ability, and I'm sure by the end of the month there will be tons of video's showing the tricks to each chamber and hardcore professional's showing off speedDidn't think they'd be able to do it again, but once again Valve has created an actually GREAT game. Which is saying something since there are so few great's within the last 10 years. Just like Portal, Portal 2 has nigh infinite replay-ability, and I'm sure by the end of the month there will be tons of video's showing the tricks to each chamber and hardcore professional's showing off speed runs. It is a challenge and requires you to think (of course, it IS a puzzler!). If i could i'd give it a 20/10, but alas, 10/10 is as high as the slider goes, so it will do. It is awesome, amazing, and completely worth the price. Very glad I got the pre-order, as I'm sure the price will rocket up. I'd say more, but what follows is my response to the children downrating the game. Read if you're curious as to why these children are saying what they are saying.

Now, gotta give my $.50 to these kids/idiots/trolls down rating this obviously great game. You should not read further if you think garbage like Halo, Guitar hero, CoD, TF2, etc. are 'great', as you're too young to understand what even a good game is. Turn off the computer, go back to you're homework. If you are not young and still insist those are great, you are NOT a gamer. Now, the one's claiming "4 hours gameplay...$80 dlc..too easy.." etc., are obvious trolls and have NOT played this great game. Do yourself a favor and do NOT listen to them. Took me about 12 hours total to beat both single player and co op, with less than 15 or so deaths (and I'm accident prone). DLC? I dont know what the %&@$ these guys are smoking, but I want some. The "DLC" is NOT "DLC". It is ALL purely cosmetic additions for your co-op bot. That it. No extra levels, no special short cuts, no special bonuses, absolutely nothing that will give you anything except a slightly altered character model design for your 1 (ONE!) partner at a time that will see it when you play co-op. It is obvious that it was put in purely as a service for the generation of 'lookz i haz hatz lawlz', which are almost entirely very young gamers (or not even actual gamers at all). Also, some of them can be earned thru achievements. As for being too easy, again, I want whatever it is these guys are smoking. If you could do a 10-15 minute speed run of portal 1, without cheats/hacks/altering of code, so ya know, legitimately do the impossible, then yes it MIGHT be easy. Not bragging but to give an example, my personal best for a speed run of portal 1 was 22 minutes, and I did not find portal 2 to be 'easy' by any means. It was challenging and required thinking as well as fast reflexes, more than I can say for most shooters or puzzlers released in the last 10 if not 15 years. As for it being short, again, either they are either a- smoking something really, really potent b- idiots or c- trolls/people who never played either Portal. Many can average 20-40 minutes on a sped run of portal 1, with a first run taking a couple hours or more. Valve lived up to and beyond their advertisement of 4x more game time, and that's from my personal experience of time spent so far. While I am not nearly as good as some at it, the average gamer will easily spend hour's upon hour's on either play mode, and that is just the first play thru's before one gets faster and/or learns tricks. Console port? Far far from it. It is obviously made for the PC, with the PC gamer in mind. The reason they say 'its a port' is cause of the half second that text will occasionally flash when you actively save that says "do not turn off the console". Know what that is? Easier coding on their part, and any gamer will know what they mean regardless. Upset about the ARG? Well, as they saying goes, that's what happens when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me. NEVER did Valve say, directly in a press release, that "Playing all these games will release it days early!". Nor did they put a gun to your head and tell you to buy the sack, as well as play it. It was a fun event meant to build up excitement for it, as well as promote a dozen indie games. BTW, Valve lost or didn't gain as much money on the sack, fyi. Majority of the money for that went directly to the indie company that created each game. If you did buy it, good for you! You helped at least 1 or several smaller game companies make a bit more money and promote their games, which guess what, are at least good if not great too for a small price. If you jumped into it, spending the money on the sack and spending the hours upon hours playing expecting days earlier instead of the already great 12 hours, it is YOUR fault.
  26. Apr 19, 2011
    I think this game is awesome. It's better than the first. The people hating on this game have no clue at all.

1.) The game took me about 7 - 10 hours to beat. I honestly was expecting just 4 hours and even if it was just 4 hours long, I would have been perfectly happy with that! I GOT MY $59.99 MONEY'S WORTH. The game does something that not many games can do. It kept me entertained though and through. Not once did I feel like the game was needless padding itself out, nor did I feel the "Come on. GET ON WITH IT." I felt with other games. (Like I did with games from the Halo, Gears of War and Call of Duty series)

2.) Those who are complaining about the DLC. First of all, it's COSMETIC. You do not have to buy it in order to enjoy the game. I didn't spend a single dime on it, and you know what... I STILL GOT MY $59.99 MONEYS WORTH FROM THIS GAME!

3.) Those who are complaining about the graphics being dated. Get a better computer! Seriously! If the textures and graphics look bad then you are playing the game on the lowest settings, because your computer cannot handle this game. Get a job, and build a better computer, or go play it on the consoles and STFU!

Valve. I applaud you guys for making this game and I really hope you make another portal game.... after you finish Half Life 3! XD

The developers did an excellent job and I give this game a 10/10.
  27. Apr 19, 2011
    This is a travesty. Not the game, these reviews. First of all, it's clear that nobody complaining about the "console ports" understands how the Source engine works. IT WAS WRITTEN FOR PC. The port was from the PC to the CONSOLES. Not the other way around. It's stupidity bordering on malice to claim that. Stupidity being 'not understanding the Source engine, and not thinking to look it up'This is a travesty. Not the game, these reviews. First of all, it's clear that nobody complaining about the "console ports" understands how the Source engine works. IT WAS WRITTEN FOR PC. The port was from the PC to the CONSOLES. Not the other way around. It's stupidity bordering on malice to claim that. Stupidity being 'not understanding the Source engine, and not thinking to look it up' and malice being astroturfers, or people trying to sink the game. Valve probably overlooked some of the menu text, hidden in a little translatable text file somewhere.

Second, who does this in 4 hours? I'm a competent FPS gamer, and I did it in 6. This is what they said it would take. But I rushed a little. If I did it again, I'd spend more time looking around and listening to dialogue, but that's because I'm looking to have fun. I missed whole hidden areas in the first game that I found later. And I'll be able to play the *other half of the game* (another 6 hours) with my friends over the next few days. Then I'll replay the one-player now that I can focus on the world and story - much like I did with Portal 1.

The gameplay is entirely different. The gels, funnels, and bridges almost entirely change the way you think about modifying the game world, in the same way the portals did in the original game. Again, to claim otherwise suggests that somebody either didn't play the game or is trying to sink it.

Do I think the store is stupid? Sure, that's why I won't buy anything from it. If it really bothered me, I wouldn't play with anybody who did - but I'm not a braying jackass, so I'll just not sweat it. You're welcome to, though, and the store is limited to stickers and hats and that sort of thing - so what's the big deal?

Come on everyone. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
  28. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is amazing, another valve classic. It is better than the first one, don't know why people say it is not, more puzzles and longer game with more story = better in my book. The dialogs in the game are really funny and make the adventure really enjoyable along with the awesome BGM.

Don't pay attention to the moronic reviews from a bunch of haters who only came to spam, this game is great and no amount of hate is gonna change that.

There's some debate going about some hat store or something, but I really don't a crap about hats and if they are in there well cool for those who do like them, I'm busy having fun playing the game instead of giving a hoot about an in-game store.

So go buy it, what are you waiting for?!
  29. Apr 19, 2011
    Best game of the year. The ending was beautiful and the game ran perfectly on my laptop when tf2 doesn't even run that well. The DLC is fine lets you do what you want to your character without affecting game play but maybe this will show how little people will care about the DLC but what ever.
  30. Apr 19, 2011
    Now, this game is a piece of art, I can't understand why people are disagreeing on the marketing and lowering the score just for this, the thing is: Portal 2 is a very, VERY, good game, it will probably get the GOTY easily, if another contender won't appear. And honestly, the soundtrack is good, the outro is good too, why are people hating?
  31. Apr 19, 2011
    This is, by far, the most polished game I have ever played. I can't even imagine how much prime content was cut out of the prerelease copies to leave the pristine diamond-sharp game of Portal 2.

The writing, the audio, the dynamic sound effects - they are all absolutely perfect! I finished the single player campaign in about 12 hours over the last two days. I've only spent about 20 minutes in multiplayer but I can't wait to spend more! A perfect 10.
  32. Apr 19, 2011
    Just finished this game, and it is honestly one of the most atmospheric and rewarding games that I have ever played. I understand that the humor may not find an audience for some people, even though it is quite lighthearted despite being somewhat "dark." The writing is very clever and Valve melds in multiple seemingly standard tropes into an quirky, unique product. The game really shinesJust finished this game, and it is honestly one of the most atmospheric and rewarding games that I have ever played. I understand that the humor may not find an audience for some people, even though it is quite lighthearted despite being somewhat "dark." The writing is very clever and Valve melds in multiple seemingly standard tropes into an quirky, unique product. The game really shines in terms of overall polish; glancing at the environment just supports this overall perspective that this game is complete and that all the puzzles were thoroughly mapped and designed in a way that can sometimes be challenging, but not impossible, and extremely rewarding. Valve took a lot of the same puzzle mechanics from the first game and expanded on them. The graphics themselves are sort of dated, but Valve more than makes up for this by having an art style that is distinct and engaging.

Honestly, if you're looking for a game that is evidently polished and, although short, redeems itself by being just plain satisfying: Portal 2 is a breath of fresh air.
  33. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is amazing plain and simple. The arguments of those who rated the game 1 and 0 make no sense In the actual context of the game. Short gameplay seems to be the main problem, but if you blitz through the puzzles, you will be missing half the game such as the excellent voiceacting and beautiful scenery. The point is to take the game slow and let yourself be immersed in it, not justPortal 2 is amazing plain and simple. The arguments of those who rated the game 1 and 0 make no sense In the actual context of the game. Short gameplay seems to be the main problem, but if you blitz through the puzzles, you will be missing half the game such as the excellent voiceacting and beautiful scenery. The point is to take the game slow and let yourself be immersed in it, not just run through the puzzles. The graphics are brilliant for a 7 year old engine and though the dlc and the potato thing was disappointing, the actual game itself is close to flawless. Expand
  34. Apr 20, 2011
    To all these users saying the game is 4 hours, IT'S FALSE. I rushed a fair amount-I mean I listened to all the dialogue, but I didnâ
  35. Apr 20, 2011
    The best Valve game that I have played so far. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.
    Well paced, good story, great atmosphere. Even the somewhat short length of 4 hours didn't detract too much from the game because of how well everything flowed.
    The puzzles could have been harder, and the linearity, at times, was frustrating, but overall a great game and definitely one worth the money I invested in it.
  36. Apr 25, 2011
    Brilliant story and experience. Though the puzzles could have been harder, still the best game in a very very long time. I wish more games were this good.
  37. Apr 25, 2011
    This is Valve's best game, bar none.

Amazing writing, humour, level design, art design, animation - one of the best games ever made, and a triumph that it was simply able to overcome such enormous expectations and hype.

Bravo.
  38. Apr 19, 2011
    I completed the co-op today and it was absolutely awesome, the game very good but not the best game Valve has made to be honest but that's a matter of taste, however a lot of people rating it as low as "Zero" and that's totally uncalled for since this game is excellent. So I'll give it a '10" to compensate.
  39. Apr 19, 2011
    The DLC people are complaining about is just co-op hats and stuff so it's not big deal. It isn't like an expansion pack or something a fan of the game would be itching to get. The gameplay is fun, the value for the PS3 version is amazing! How many games give you two copies for the price of one? I do wish that the Cloud Support would switch your saves between PS3 and PC, but no biggie. TheThe DLC people are complaining about is just co-op hats and stuff so it's not big deal. It isn't like an expansion pack or something a fan of the game would be itching to get. The gameplay is fun, the value for the PS3 version is amazing! How many games give you two copies for the price of one? I do wish that the Cloud Support would switch your saves between PS3 and PC, but no biggie. The game takes what was fun and exciting about the first one and multiplies it. Truly a good bit of fun in a world full of CoD and Madden.

In all honesty I think it deserves more of a 8.5, but to combat the stupidity of those bashing it for their own fictional reasons, I will give it the bump up to a perfect. Take that trolls. Buy this game folks. It is a hoot.
  40. Apr 19, 2011
    I really think the story is Valve's best yet. I am really enjoying the singleplayer so far and haven't touched the Co-op yet. The humor, the puzzles, and the quality have all been severely increased.
  41. Apr 19, 2011
    Fantastic game. Looks great, funny, longer than the first, and the "DLC" is purely cosmetic. Amazing launch, and not just another cookie-cutter game. Couldn't ask for more.
  42. Apr 19, 2011
    Simply put: amazing, the people who bash this game are clearly ignorant of the definition of excellence. DLC is not mandatory and they have to tell you what you're buying, so to the people who bought it, there's no one to blame but you.
  43. Apr 19, 2011
    I am assigning a rating to the GAME. It is 100% quality. If you eat at McDonalds because you prefer quantity for your money, go somewhere else. If you want quality for your money, this is it. Or wait a year. But even that's irrelevant. A game shouldn't be rated on its cost, it should be rated on the game. This is superb.
  44. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is brilliant in every regard. I can honestly say that. From puzzle/level design, to the art and graphics, to the soundtrack and the clever, clever writing, everything is polished to near perfection. It will take you 6-8 hours to finish the single player campaign, and even then, you will want to play it again. I have not touched the coop yet so I cannot attest to the length ofPortal 2 is brilliant in every regard. I can honestly say that. From puzzle/level design, to the art and graphics, to the soundtrack and the clever, clever writing, everything is polished to near perfection. It will take you 6-8 hours to finish the single player campaign, and even then, you will want to play it again. I have not touched the coop yet so I cannot attest to the length of that. I feel the need to take an aside and mention that pretty much every negative rating on here is extremely misleading. There is mention of $90 launch DLC. This is basically a lie, as the DLC totals to about $40, and entirely consists of hats, skins, and gestures that you can buy for the coop robots. In other words, the launch-time DLC has absolutely no actual consequence except to make your little robot look funny. It contains no added gameplay elements or "withheld" content to pull a profit. Just funny hats and skins, nothing else.

The second large complaint is that the campaign is only 4 hours for "good" players. I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is impossible. Perhaps if you know every single solution to every puzzle right away and can pull them off on your first time through perfectly without dying, as well as zipping past all story/dialogue, and never stopping once to take in the jaw-droppingly beautiful environments, you might get close to a 4 hour completion. I used to speed run Portal 1 in about 30-40 minutes, and I am telling you that Portal 2 is a 6-8 game.

I had unbelievably high expectations for Portal 2, and they were exceeded by a large margin. I laughed, I cried, I gasped, I puzzled. I love this game, and you will too, unless you are some kind of an idiot with a rabid entitlement complex and no interest whatsoever in things that are flipping awesome.
  45. Apr 19, 2011
    i'm disappointed not by portal 2, but by the the people here
    I actually read a lot of reviews here, and I am surprised by the negative criticism. I barely found any serious thoughts, every argument sounds like a kid trying to flame something, but who cant find anything intelligent, so he **** about the potato pack being a dlc and thats too much etc...
    cmon, seriously? criticism is based
    i'm disappointed not by portal 2, but by the the people here
    cmon, seriously?
    criticism is based on facts, but all you people hating portal do not have any
    console port? where? you have no arguments
    potato collecting? what this even has to do with the game itself? does the potato pack changed the content of the game? dlc? automatically hating when hearing the word dlc? what is the dlc changing? skins? thats why the complete game sucks? thats your decision to buy ADDITIONAL skins, nobody is pushing you to buy it

i can counter every silly comment here, this is just ridiculous. Never seen so many dumb comments you all probably played portal 2 with loud music in the background, because you did not expect a story in a puzzle game, overhearing the EXCELLENT dialogues, and the deep story
    you were just rushing the game like crazy, without even looking around you
    and then you come here, and saying: story sucked, to short, not good looking etc
    these people just don't know how to play games properly
  46. Apr 19, 2011
    I have ACTUALLY played the game and concur with the professional reviewers.... It took me about 6 hours to finish it at a reasonable speed, so I highly doubt the ones who say it's 3 or 4 hours. The actual game is awesome, and I'm pretty sure Valve will provide plenty more content in the future.
  47. Apr 19, 2011
    I loved the original portal to death, it became a game of time trials for me, how fast can I beat it this time. I loved portal 2, I thought the story line was great and that the game was very will put together. The story takes you for a ride of ups and downs with story twists and a few "What the?" moments. Yes, I admit some of the puzzles are kinda easy, but a lot of them make you think onI loved the original portal to death, it became a game of time trials for me, how fast can I beat it this time. I loved portal 2, I thought the story line was great and that the game was very will put together. The story takes you for a ride of ups and downs with story twists and a few "What the?" moments. Yes, I admit some of the puzzles are kinda easy, but a lot of them make you think on how to do them.

I for one enjoyed it, I would recommended picking it up at best buy for the 35 dollar deal they had going for it. Can't wait to play the CO-Op with my friends, I hope they keep updating new maps into the Co-Op as well.

The DLC is cosmetic and only 38 dollars if you even really care about cosmetic things.

Anyone who hates this game is just a fool.
  48. Apr 19, 2011
    I played around 14 hours and a friend helps me a lot to see the options!
    This game ist really tricky and the looking of portal 2 is okay not the best graphic but for this time really good.

Can't wait to play the coop mode with a friend ;)

Portal 2 keeps my brain burning^^
  49. Apr 19, 2011
    Another winner from Valve. They may not release quantity, but everything they make is a winner. This game brought me back to Half Life 2 in parts, and that's a good thing considering I consider HL2 the best game in the past 10 years. So much fun, especially if you played and loved the first game.
  50. Apr 19, 2011
    There is brilliance here beyond the norm. The pacing, the puzzles, the voice-over work, and all integrated in a very funny...yet menacing...way. There's not a wasted moment in the game and when I complete a tough puzzle it feels like an accomplishment. I also love that they've integrated the TF2-style store to purchase whimsical hats and the like w/o bashing me over the head like otherThere is brilliance here beyond the norm. The pacing, the puzzles, the voice-over work, and all integrated in a very funny...yet menacing...way. There's not a wasted moment in the game and when I complete a tough puzzle it feels like an accomplishment. I also love that they've integrated the TF2-style store to purchase whimsical hats and the like w/o bashing me over the head like other games do w/micro-transactions. It'll be fun to play COOP and wear silly hats. Expand
  51. Apr 19, 2011
    Great continuation of the story. The new items (gels, light beams, thermal discouragement beams, aerial faith plates) work so well with the already amazing game play.
  52. Apr 19, 2011
    By far the best game of 2011 so far from a developer that shows so much love to gamers, PC and otherwise. Sharp, brilliantly designed, and hilarious. Gaming's best villain, GLaDOS, is back in a big way.
  53. Apr 19, 2011
    Valve did it again, they made a wonderfulgame full of atmosphere and fun. I won't go into detail, since this is Day One so, I don't think everyone that reads Metacritic reviews has actually played it yet.
    The dark humor of Portal was captured perfectly in this game, this is not, I repeat: NOT a Copy-Paste Portal, it is infact a new game. Obviously I gotta adress the "Day 1 DLC" which there is none, at least I don't see it. DLC is something that is not in the game and has to be bought seperatly to get content. The stuff that is in the shop however, is not DLC, it is a Bonus. They could've left it out, but they wouldn't be Valve if they didn't atleast try it.
    Anyway, back to the game. The first 2 hours are a perfect recap for people who haven't played the first Portal game.. the two..or three(joking obviously). Portal is no Call of Duty obviously, it doesn't have a "Short" (in comparison to other games) singleplayer and a multiplayer that sucks out so many hours you can't even count, but it is a great game. I'm gonna tell you about the game length now: the singleplayer is about 6-8 hours long, obviously people can play it in 4 hours, but if you don't rush through it, you should have a playtime of atleast 6 hours. Now to the coop part: I honestly played all day... as in, Portal 2, coop and single. It took me 11 hours and 23 minutes to finish everything in the game. For me that is more than I could say from for example, Dead Space, Crysis, Bioshock and so on.
    The replay value is extremly high as well, since I pretty much raced two friends of mine while we were talking on Skype, I obviously missed alot of the game. Anyway, I would seriously recommend it.

Now for the flaws, no game is perfect and neither is this one.
    Well, I gotta say there were some pretty funny bugs in the game, for example one time in Coop I was stuck because my "partner" put a ball into an opening I was just crawling in....fun stuff, anyway, I just opened the console (pc) and typed in "kill". Since you respawn the moment you die, it wasn't realy a big thing, but it was kinda annoying.
    Some other stuff was also kinda annoying, the new gameplay element I was looking forward the most was not in the game(Pneumatic Diversity Vents), but that's not going into my verdict.
    (Spoilers ahead) I was looking forward to see some plants and such in the facility, like the trailers, but there were close to none.
    There were some small texture glitches here and there, but overall it was okay.

Some minor stuff I can think of right now. It isn't much, which goes to show that I realy can't find much that realy bothers me in the game.

Anyway, this is going on way longer than I wanted it to be, but I guess, that is just the way I type.
    This game gets a recommendation from me, if you own a console, borrow it from a gamestore or friend and play it, it is worth it. If you're on pc, wait for it to drop a little, since it is a great game, but it is short, I would recommend buying it, if you're a hardcore fan of Portal.

Okay, last but not least.. THERE WAS NO MENTIONING OF THE CAKE...DAMNIT

Sparox 9/10
  54. Apr 20, 2011
    I'm shocked that there are so many bad reviews on this game. The single player is funny, and well made. I was skeptical about the multiplayer, but it works out really well. Yeah there is DLC, but it's not like they make you buy it; it's just an option for those wanting to blow there money away. As far as the length of the game, well it seems like you can beat everything in 4 hours theseI'm shocked that there are so many bad reviews on this game. The single player is funny, and well made. I was skeptical about the multiplayer, but it works out really well. Yeah there is DLC, but it's not like they make you buy it; it's just an option for those wanting to blow there money away. As far as the length of the game, well it seems like you can beat everything in 4 hours these days. Just remember it's not about the time you put into it, it's about the quality and experience of the game. Expand
  55. Apr 20, 2011
    Portal is a great game. Portal 2 adds additional length, difficulty, and humour, an excellent co-op gameplay mode, and vastly improved graphics. The end result is something truly fantastic - one of Valve's best offerings to date.

My only complaint is that the ending is a little cheesy. Hilarious, but cheesy.
  56. Apr 22, 2011
    OH NO DAY 1 DLC... oh wait, it's only cosmetics and I don't have to buy them to get the full gaming experience. That being said, Portal 2 is great. Not Portal 1 great, but still damn near perfect. My biggest issue is that Portal 1 worked so well because it was short. I was really scared Portal 2 would just simply be too long and lose its pacing. I'm glad it barely didn't. There's a lot ofOH NO DAY 1 DLC... oh wait, it's only cosmetics and I don't have to buy them to get the full gaming experience. That being said, Portal 2 is great. Not Portal 1 great, but still damn near perfect. My biggest issue is that Portal 1 worked so well because it was short. I was really scared Portal 2 would just simply be too long and lose its pacing. I'm glad it barely didn't. There's a lot of variation between levels and types of puzzles, and every chapter has its own little funny quirk. Recommended for people that aren't potato batteries. Expand
  57. Apr 19, 2011
    This game has far surpassed what I expected. They had a huge hurtle to jump over with creating a sequel to such a unique experience, but they did it. Bravo.
  58. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm very confused as to why everyone is complaining about the length of the game. I played for more than six hours last night and still didn't finish it. I took my time with some puzzles, but I don't think I'm slower than the average player. I have yet to play the co-op campaign, so I'm looking forward to at least another six hours of gameplay there. This game is definitely more than fourI'm very confused as to why everyone is complaining about the length of the game. I played for more than six hours last night and still didn't finish it. I took my time with some puzzles, but I don't think I'm slower than the average player. I have yet to play the co-op campaign, so I'm looking forward to at least another six hours of gameplay there. This game is definitely more than four hours long.

There seem to be a lot of complaints about the ARG and the potato collection game. This optional extra didn't force anyone to take part, and didn't push the release date back; it was a chance to have the game released early, but it didn't work out. I didn't bother to buy any of the Potato Sack Pack games, so I have no unwarranted complaints about the price of that.

The paid DLC isn't good if you don't like spending money, I'll agree, but once again that stuff is entirely optional, and it's also entirely cosmetic. Even if you don't touch the DLC (which is my plan), you aren't missing out on anything. Valve isn't selling new levels or important plot points, just skins and accessories for your character. They've obviously based this decision on the popularity of their Team Fortress 2 DLC.

Portal 2 is one of the most polished, funny, challenging, and all-round fun games that I've played. The dialogue is written and acted well; the score is atmospheric and emphatic; the visuals are gorgeous and the gameplay is challenging without being frustrating. It has more than its fair share of 'Wow!' moments, especially when you've been working out a puzzle for five or ten minutes and then you finally figure out how to do it.

Don't listen to the trolls; this game is great, and it is definitely worth buying for you and/or a friend.
  59. Apr 19, 2011
    Nothing short of amazing. I was hooked from start to finish with this game which brings a whole life to the original game. The game uses the source engine, although old still looks fantastic. I remember every step of the way being blown away with the landscape which it is clear valve has spent months perfecting. The game also brings a whole new range of gimmics which which creates numerousNothing short of amazing. I was hooked from start to finish with this game which brings a whole life to the original game. The game uses the source engine, although old still looks fantastic. I remember every step of the way being blown away with the landscape which it is clear valve has spent months perfecting. The game also brings a whole new range of gimmics which which creates numerous fresh challenges and ideas that are challenging but not frustrating and often make you feel like a genius for solving them in the creative ways that valve has layed out. The story is full of twists and turns that keeps you glued to your screen. At a very respectable length that leaves you fulfilled, engaged and simply wanting more. If you enjoyed portal 1 then this game is a must!! Expand
  60. Apr 19, 2011
    Don't listen to the bad reviewers, unless they are some sort of portal expert, finishing the game in 4 hours is impossible, and an online store hardly counts as DLC in the context they are putting it in. This game is a masterpiece with excellent, witty dialogue and puzzles that are easy enough to not get you frustrated, but still hard enough to catch you off guard if you are not prepared.
  61. Apr 19, 2011
    The lack of money required to post a score on metacritic causes great disappointment in reviews. Portal is a great game, cosmetic dlc microtransactions are the norm, deal with it.
  62. Apr 19, 2011
    Wow.. I'm really dissapointed in the community. Portal 2 is an amazing, innovated and polished game that does not deserve the backlash it's been getting.
    #1. People that say the game takes 4 hours have clearly not finished it. I'm currently 4 hours into the campaign and 2 hours into the co-op play. #2. The gameplay is amazing. There's nothing wrong with it, and people game Portal 2 so many 0s and 1s and didnt even take this into account.
    #3. Who the f**k cares about the DLC? It doesn't impact the gameplay at all. If you dont want it, dont buy it. I can understand why people would give Portal to a 7 or 8 because the DLC bothers them... but the game itself is WAY to good.

Again.. I'm really disappointed. I thought people were above rating a game that is beautiful, funny, innovated a 0 because they donâ
  63. Apr 19, 2011
    If Portal 2 doesn't make every single end-of-year Top 5/Top 10, we will have had the best year for games, ever. Or, to put it another way, I highly doubt there will be 5 games better than this all year long. I've been playing games for 25 years--this is one of the most complete, thoughtful, and humorous games ever released. People on here seem to be whining about the DLC--what in theIf Portal 2 doesn't make every single end-of-year Top 5/Top 10, we will have had the best year for games, ever. Or, to put it another way, I highly doubt there will be 5 games better than this all year long. I've been playing games for 25 years--this is one of the most complete, thoughtful, and humorous games ever released. People on here seem to be whining about the DLC--what in the world does that have to do with the game itself? You're really going to trash a game because you don't want to spend 2 dollars on an animation? Dude--don't buy the DLC, then. It's not hard. You're picking, literally, the smallest thing about the game and letting it cloud your judgment. If you like games, you will LOVE Portal 2. It's that simple. If you like sitting alone in a basement and nitpicking tiny things on the Internet to make yourself feel better, then you'll hate it. Expand
  64. Apr 19, 2011
    I played the original Portal about a year after it came out, after hearing some good reviews. It was, in my opinion, one of the best games I had ever played.

Fast forward 3 years. Portal 2 is announced, and I can't wait. The day draws closer, and I can't wait. I followed the ARG, and was refreshing the Glados@Home page constantly hoping for an early release. When it released, I played for about an hour or so before heading off to bed, as it released around midnight here. Played it throughout the day.

Going into playing it, I had extremely high expectations. My biggest worry was that Portal 2 would be unable to meet them. Far from it. Portal 2 has incredible attention to detail, different types of puzzle, and immense amount of story crammed into a 6-8 hour game. While it is short, it is 2-3 times longer than the original. There has been so many new quirks introduced that the game never got repetitive. There are a ton of puzzles in here that will keep you occupied for hours. Once you are finished with single player, there is a cooperative mode for you and a friend/random online person. This allows for much more detailed puzzles, as there are 4 portals to work with and an extra weight. It is a great addition to Portal, making it much more replayable. Put simply, if you like physics puzzles, get this game. If you liked Portal 1, get this game. If you want to say you've played one of the best games released, get this game.
  65. Apr 19, 2011
    I seriously doubt that any of the people panning the game even played it. This certainly tops Valve's first effort with Portal. The game is significantly longer, has much more of a storyline, and is quite a bit more complex than it's predecessor. One of the best games I've played in years. Would recommend.
  66. Apr 19, 2011
    Great game, you can see the quality in all the little details. I'm not buying any hats and i don't plan to but i'm also not butt-hurt because valve is selling them.
  67. Apr 19, 2011
    Very enjoyable. The game looks extremely nice and runs smoothly. Extremely funny characters and brilliant voice acting. Love this game. The price is perfect. Co-op is extremely fun with friends or random people. I found many lovely random people that were nice and had good humor. The Campaign and Co-op are over 10 hours and with hopefully some mods a lot more time. The story line made meVery enjoyable. The game looks extremely nice and runs smoothly. Extremely funny characters and brilliant voice acting. Love this game. The price is perfect. Co-op is extremely fun with friends or random people. I found many lovely random people that were nice and had good humor. The Campaign and Co-op are over 10 hours and with hopefully some mods a lot more time. The story line made me laugh and throughly enjoyed it. Expand
  68. Apr 20, 2011
    this is my first review on metacritic.
    since there is a lot of troll screwing with this user score im gonna post 10. but honestly this game is a solid 9.
    this is my first review on metacritic.
    is one of the best game i have played this year. is a strong rival for goty. the source engine an engine from a game for 2004 is still one of the best looking engine. the game has so many great moments. the humor is so great. valve always succeed doing funny lines on their games. sorry the bad english. the game took me about 8 hour to finish and i did not get stuck at any puzzle more then 10 minutes.

the coop is fantastic. one of the best coop experience since i can remember. feels like real cooperation.

overall. great game. you can not miss.
    sorry my bad english. :^P
  69. Apr 20, 2011
    I give this game a 10/10 for two reasons:

I give this game a 10/10 for two reasons:

a) To offset the idiots who are giving it a 0/10 because it has a bunch of completely optional DLC that isn't necessary at all and will not benefit your gaming experience unless you feel you need new skins and expressions. Also to offset the ones who have clearly not played the game. If you say it lasts 3 hours you're simply wrong, among my friends, many of whom are experienced gamers, not one has completed the campaign, nor has one logged less than 4 hours. Talking to other people who have played, I am 3.5 hours in and a bit over half way done. Maybe if you power through every puzzle and never stop to enjoy the game you could finish in 5-6 hours, but 3 is absurd. 9 seems to be the most reasonable estimate.

b) Because it's a fantastic game. The level design is simply put brilliant, and as with the original the writing is razor sharp. They took the already fantastic concepts seen in Portal and expanded them in every way possible. All the tiny tweaks they've made here and there serve to make one of the finest games we've seen in years. And something I didn't expect at all: a good backstory! As opposed to Portal, which posed a bunch of questions but gave literally no answers whatsoever, Portal 2 seeks to reveal the past of Aperture Science and go much deeper into the psyche of everyone involved. There are more characters, more ways to beat a level, more variety (particularly regarding environments)... I could keep going on and on, but simply put, this game is fantastic. A masterpiece side with the critics on this one, not the users, the majority of them have not even played it or have insignificant gripes with it.
  70. Apr 20, 2011
    Mindbending puzzles, brilliantly funny and sometimes bizarrely thought provoking script, incredible haunted post-pre-dystopian atmosphere (somehow!), amazing soundtrack, excellent visuals (that run on highest settings on my 3 year old machine).... what's missing? Too short maybe? Well, I haven't even started the co-op and I really can't wait to do that, so no. Thank you Valve.
  71. Apr 20, 2011
    The atmosphere of Portal 2 was dark and moody. The humor was spot on. Gameplay was challenging without being obnoxiously difficult. None of the puzzles felt contrived or particularly monotonous. The single player game length felt right (It took me roughly 10 hours to play through)

Just a couple of minor points felt a bit silly to me is the only reason I don't give the game a 10.
  72. Apr 20, 2011
    I'd like to preface by saying, I have been reading reviews on here ever since steam started including a metacritic score, and lead me to this site. That being said, I have read plenty of reviews on this website prior to almost all my purchases (excluding some preorders that have recently been very hit and miss). The most miserable thing is to read all these reviews, and see about 90% ofI'd like to preface by saying, I have been reading reviews on here ever since steam started including a metacritic score, and lead me to this site. That being said, I have read plenty of reviews on this website prior to almost all my purchases (excluding some preorders that have recently been very hit and miss). The most miserable thing is to read all these reviews, and see about 90% of the posts come from accounts that were just created, and have only 1 review done, and it of course is Portal 2. There are plenty of these accounts made for spamming going around, but DA2 and Portal2 have definitely brought out the worst in blanketing reviews.

The one thing I would urgently stress for readers, is to realize there is an extreme amount of exaggeration for reviews here. With that "disclaimer" aside, I think this game has been great, and I have yet to explore multiplayer. I'm about 90% of the way through the game, and it plays out tremendously. Its single player campaign on average is shorter than most, but is much more engaged than any I have come across in quite some time. The dialogue, the voice acting, the environment, the humor, it all plays a huge roll by taking you into the world and making this game almost feel like an interactive movie. I understand many games try to do the same thing with cinematics and such, but you feel engrossed the entire time. The puzzles are definitely there, and in greater number which is always a plus.

Closing: So many critics here reference the first in the series. So, if you enjoyed Portal, and loved the world that it was, its a no brainer that you should pick this title up. If you have not played the first one, try it out and that will be a determining factor to whether or not you would be willing to spend 50$+ on similar, but very enhanced content.
  73. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is a vast improvement on everything from Portal 1.

This game is a vast improvement on everything from Portal 1.

The dialog and story was incredible, the levels were incredible, and the new gels, bridges, lasers, and funnels added much more variety to the puzzles and gameplay itself. The length of 5-8 hours (depending how fast you are) is just perfect considering how far they can stretch the story before it becomes boring and repetetive. But it on Steam to save money and not consoles. This was made for PC.

The only thing that detracts from this wonderful game is the loading screens, hence why I can't give it a 10. I would bash the DLC, but seeing as how you can get everything by achievements and DLC isn't game changing at the moment, then there is absolutely no problem with it.
  74. Apr 22, 2011
    Registered here to counter the whining kids who didn't get to open their presents early for the, fair enough, rather crass, but 'optional' marketing promotion that gave some Indies boost (a good thing for them).

Anyway fantastic game, great humour, levels and happy with the length of the game, on that note if you decide to finish in one sitting you probably won't fully appreciate it (too much of a good thing isn't and all). Its a different beast to Portal v1, with more focus on story and characterisation, but the new environmental toys are cool and the overall feel and ending are superb.

Given Valves background in supporting games for years (e.g. TF2) no doubt there will be more to come, and I'm sure its a game that will keep on giving and don't be surprised to see more stuff in future.

Finally the DLC... its optional, as in TF2, if you don't like it, don't buy it, I'm pretty sure I won't unless its for some worthy cause.
  75. Apr 25, 2011
    Easily one of Valve's best games. The story was incredibly paced, the plot had superb depth, the characters were humorous and believable, the atmosphere is phenomenal and the ambient soundtrack (with smooth jazz!) fitted perfectly with the game. The Source engine remains the pinnacle of modular AIO game engines and the entire game ran beautifully on a 6-year old desktop PC.

As for the

As for the gameplay, it was highly innovate and much more challenging than its predecessor. The learning curve at the beginning was flawless, it taught the controls and mechanics without being patronising. This followed throughout the game when new mechanics were introduced.

Best game I have played all year by a long way.
  76. Aug 30, 2011
    It is a brilliant game with lots of puzzles and fun throughout! It also has a fantastic story line you unravel and begin to piece together. Its a fantastic game, and what a sequel should be. It is one of valves greatest games.
  77. Apr 19, 2011
    Ignore all the trolls giving this game any score other than the 10 it deserves. Does not feel like a port - This is one of the best looking games ever released. Easily the most interactive environment to date.

4 hours of game play is a LIE - Between the main campaign, the co-op, and the ridiculously high replay value, there is plenty of quantity as well as quality game play here. This is how DLC should be done. If there was a vote on DLC being strictly cosmetic and all actual game content being included at launch, I'd vote in the affirmative right away.
  78. Apr 19, 2011
    This was quite an enjoyable game to play. I started playing around 1:00 PM and finished around 8:00 PM...so that gives you an idea of how long it takes (more or less). I think I spent an average amount of time observing the scenery, which is occasionally quite beautiful and stunning; incidentally this is one of the things I'm really happy about, looking at some of the massive structuresThis was quite an enjoyable game to play. I started playing around 1:00 PM and finished around 8:00 PM...so that gives you an idea of how long it takes (more or less). I think I spent an average amount of time observing the scenery, which is occasionally quite beautiful and stunning; incidentally this is one of the things I'm really happy about, looking at some of the massive structures in the game. Its reminiscent of the view you get near the end of the first game, which blew me away. The *very* end is also quite beautiful, in its own unique way, which I won't spoil here :). And leading up to the end, the final puzzle is quite possibly one of the most creative and satisfying ways to finish a game that I have witnessed yet.

One slight downside is that the puzzles were a bit too easy. There were maybe two to three puzzles where I had to stop and think for 5-10 minutes or so. Watching some of the teaser videos on youtube I expected to see some more challenging puzzles, but in the end the solutions were fairly intuitive. It would be nice if they added in some expert levels at the end as an option, like in the original portal where you could play some bonus levels.

Come to think of it, this could probably be explained by the fact that its being sold on consoles as well as PCs. When you're forced to solve puzzles with a tiny analog stick, and you're marketing it to children or casual gamers (the primary market for console gamers), I guess the puzzles have to be dumbed down and simplified a little. Its a shame, but at least the game still had a great narrative and (nevertheless) entertaining puzzles to keep you interested.

I loved the story, the characters were still interesting. Although used to hearing GlaDOS from the first game, its still fun to hear her interacting with the other characters. Overall a solid 8/10. Its a little troubling that consoles are really degrading what could have been a higher quality game (i.e. more challenging for hardcore gamers with better controls)...but I suppose I'll have to get used to it.

I'd recommend purchasing it for anyone who is new to these games; if you've never played portal, buy both of these games together. The package is something I highly recommend (the original portal I would probably give a 9.5/10). The game on its own is still worth it; and I like that they put in some achievements to increase the replay value.

Also as a final note; some people may be complaining about the downloadable content (the shop where you can purchase little outfits/gestures for your characters to use in co-op play). The key factor is that its optional, and is really unnecessary if you want to enjoy co-op. The characters you use are easily distinguishable anyways, so its really nothing to get angry about (its really one of the most insignificant things you could get riled up about).

Anyways happy gaming
  79. Apr 19, 2011
    Not only is this Valve's best game this may be one of the best games ever made. Whatever you do, do NOT listen to the gaming "hipsters" that will say things like "the first one was better" "valve's marketing is terrible" etc. They are wrong. Portal 2 is, in every way an improvement on Portal. The puzzles, while sometimes easier, are more varied and have a greater complexity to them. AlmostNot only is this Valve's best game this may be one of the best games ever made. Whatever you do, do NOT listen to the gaming "hipsters" that will say things like "the first one was better" "valve's marketing is terrible" etc. They are wrong. Portal 2 is, in every way an improvement on Portal. The puzzles, while sometimes easier, are more varied and have a greater complexity to them. Almost like Angry Birds: its a 30 second solution that takes 3 minutes to figure out. The writing is some of the best ever done in a video game and the voice acting is top notch. If you, even for a SECOND, enjoyed Portal, you owe it to yourself to play this one.
    Now, there's always another side to the coin. For all its greatness, and it is mostly greatness, there are some faults. Even with the upgrades to the Source Engine, the game looks dated. cool lighting effects and great level design work around this, but the cracks in the skin are starting to really show. The second complaint is the biggest. The store. Its unnecessary, its annoying, its really stupid. Thankfully, unlike the TF2 store, everything is cosmetic only, but still. As for complaints like "The PC version is a console port" and "the potato sack did nothing" both are wrong. The PC version plays incredibly smoothly, and the graphics are even better then the consoles. Don't believe me? Check out Rockpapershotgun and PCgamer for their reviews, they'll say the exact same thing. as for the Potato Sack complaint? While the sack may not have really sped up the release by more then a few hours, people don't seem to realize what a sale like that does for the indie community. Most of those games were made by small teams, maybe even one person. The fact that Valve was willing to package it's biggest game with these indie games means that Valve really cares for its community and indie developers. So what if it didn't push forward the release of Portal 2? I guarantee that anyone who bought the Potato Sack isn't complaining.
    In conclusion: Portal 2 is one of the best games ever made. If you want to listen to hipsters tell you otherwise, that's your prerogative. But if you can find joy in an awesome game, with awesome puzzles and awesome writing, then Portal 2 is just the game for you. Clocking in at 6-8 hours (single player) this is the perfect game for your weekend.
  80. Apr 19, 2011
    If you're thinking about getting this, stop thinking and just get it. Cause in short, it's an absolutely amazing game, it's of decent length, the characters are interesting, and the puzzles are just perfect. If you're noticing the barrage of bad review scores from users, ignore them, they're just trolls. Their primary concerns are that the game is too short, there's day 1 DLC, and thatIf you're thinking about getting this, stop thinking and just get it. Cause in short, it's an absolutely amazing game, it's of decent length, the characters are interesting, and the puzzles are just perfect. If you're noticing the barrage of bad review scores from users, ignore them, they're just trolls. Their primary concerns are that the game is too short, there's day 1 DLC, and that it's a console port, all of which is in short - bullsh*t. Here's my response to their complaints: It took me 8.3 hours to finish the campaign, and I haven't even touched co-op. There is an Online store where you can buy stuff, but it's only skins and hats and aesthetic stuff like that. There's no sign that it's a console port, and if it is, like Rock, Paper, Shotgun said, it's an amazing port which means there's no point to even complain. So just go to the nearest store and buy Portal 2, or better yet, buy it on Steam, you're not going to regret it. Expand
  81. Apr 19, 2011
    My opinion for this game is it is a very great sequel, being a predecessor to its original game, (Portal). They have added many new types of mechanics and nifty things such as Repulsion Gel, Thermal Discouragement Beams, and many more. The story in my opinion is nothing short of just amazing. The difficulty is not to hard, but at the same time not to easy. my only complaint is it is aboutMy opinion for this game is it is a very great sequel, being a predecessor to its original game, (Portal). They have added many new types of mechanics and nifty things such as Repulsion Gel, Thermal Discouragement Beams, and many more. The story in my opinion is nothing short of just amazing. The difficulty is not to hard, but at the same time not to easy. my only complaint is it is about 8 hours long, but I assure you it will be the greatest 8 hours of your life. The also added a new multilayer option that you can play local or online. I have tried it out with a friend and it is fun, and also a bit more challenging the the single player. Overall a great game and if you have the money I suggest buying it Expand
  82. Apr 19, 2011
    Ignore the trolls trying to say lower the score.

Words can not even describe the awesomeness of this game. It's truly a masterpiece. Valve has once again created an amazingly unique experience. The only game you can get an experience like Portal 2, would be from Portal 1.
  83. Apr 19, 2011
    Metacritic should only accept reviews from people who have played the game. Maybe create a software to check for a valid serial number before someone can post a review because the mediocre scores is clearly from a raid. This has happened before, to Dragon Age 2 and Spore. go **** yourself /v/, and take your anonymous is legion **** with you.
    oh yeah, I'm giving it a 10/10 just to spite
    oh yeah, I'm giving it a 10/10 just to spite you.

you are worthless
  84. Apr 19, 2011
    For a lack of a better word: epic!!! Portal 2 should be on display in the Louvre. Best Valve game ever (at least until the next HL is released). I really don't understand what any of these negative score people are saying. Was there a mass escape from a mental institution somewhere? Portal 2 is art! I'm sure true gamers will agree. Oh... (looking at the reviews of real critics) I guessFor a lack of a better word: epic!!! Portal 2 should be on display in the Louvre. Best Valve game ever (at least until the next HL is released). I really don't understand what any of these negative score people are saying. Was there a mass escape from a mental institution somewhere? Portal 2 is art! I'm sure true gamers will agree. Oh... (looking at the reviews of real critics) I guess they have... Expand
  85. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm only giving this game a 10 to offset the petty 0's. I'd normally give it an 8 or 9. First off, hats =/= DLC. I find it insane someone would pay $.50 for a hat, let alone $5... but if they want to pay for it, let them eat their cake. It really is much ado about absolutely nothing. I am surprised at the amount of kids (presumably) throwing temper tantrums about something so trivial.I'm only giving this game a 10 to offset the petty 0's. I'd normally give it an 8 or 9. First off, hats =/= DLC. I find it insane someone would pay $.50 for a hat, let alone $5... but if they want to pay for it, let them eat their cake. It really is much ado about absolutely nothing. I am surprised at the amount of kids (presumably) throwing temper tantrums about something so trivial.

Everything else about the game is excellent. It's exactly what Portal fans wanted. Longer story, multiplayer, expanded SDK. But I feel the same way I felt about Starcraft 2 and Fallout:New Vegas. It wasn't different enough to warrant a party, let alone cake.
  86. Apr 19, 2011
    Good god what a bunch of trolls. Please do not take any notice of what they say. Refer :

For explanations why they are soooo wrong and are a bunch of lying c^&*s
  87. Apr 20, 2011
    Somehow Portal 2 has surpassed Portal 1 and in doing so has earned its place as one of the best games of all time. The puzzles are all great and the co-op mode is a fantastic addition to the game which brings the puzzles to an all new level. Of course it's the writing that stands out the most, almost every line spoken is hilarious and the voice-acting is incredible. If you don't like thisSomehow Portal 2 has surpassed Portal 1 and in doing so has earned its place as one of the best games of all time. The puzzles are all great and the co-op mode is a fantastic addition to the game which brings the puzzles to an all new level. Of course it's the writing that stands out the most, almost every line spoken is hilarious and the voice-acting is incredible. If you don't like this game you're probably a bad person or just stupid. Expand
  88. Nov 28, 2011
    most the people who are voting this game down are saying the following in fancier terms "ITS A PUZZLE GAME, YOU DONT SHOOT ANYTHING, ITS STUPID, HURR DURR" Guess what folks, they have COD AIDS! IF YOU DONT LIKE A PUZZLE GAME, DONT, BUY, A, PUZZLE GAME, but guess what, this game is more of an adventure game than it is a puzzle game, the expierience that you will have when you play throughmost the people who are voting this game down are saying the following in fancier terms "ITS A PUZZLE GAME, YOU DONT SHOOT ANYTHING, ITS STUPID, HURR DURR" Guess what folks, they have COD AIDS! IF YOU DONT LIKE A PUZZLE GAME, DONT, BUY, A, PUZZLE GAME, but guess what, this game is more of an adventure game than it is a puzzle game, the expierience that you will have when you play through this will be one that you will never forget because its that awesome. I had a friend say "Portal is stupid because it makes you feel smart" well guess what, all games are supposed to make you feel somthing, so that argument is irrelevent. Expand
  89. Apr 21, 2011
    If I could describe Portal 2 with one word it would be: Masterpiece. This game is simply brilliant, and entertaining. How anyone could be disappointed in this sequel is beyond me. If you liked the original portal, you are out of your mind if you end up not liking this game-- in fact, you should immediately shut off your computer and go check yourself into the nearest mental institute.If I could describe Portal 2 with one word it would be: Masterpiece. This game is simply brilliant, and entertaining. How anyone could be disappointed in this sequel is beyond me. If you liked the original portal, you are out of your mind if you end up not liking this game-- in fact, you should immediately shut off your computer and go check yourself into the nearest mental institute. I do wonder if some people think they completed the game when they did not. 5 hours is quite fast for this game. I'm pretty sure I played single player for more than 5 hours and I'm pretty darn good at solving the puzzles, only getting hung up 2 or 3 times for a while trying to figure something out. I can see some people maybe getting frustrated, but if you put the game down and come back later, you'll eventually figure it out. As far as graphics go there is nothing here that is video card punishing, but the game looks beautiful, full of wide open areas of the complex and bottomless chasms to fall into. There are more technologies to play with in this game than the original, so there is plenty of variety. Some puzzles I can tell could be solved a couple different ways, but most are solved only the one way. What really sets this game apart from the others is the storyline and the characters. The humor can be laugh-out-loud funny at times, and should make anyone with a sense of humor laugh. I won't say how the game ends, but you may or may not be disappointed. I wasn't, and I laughed at the ending cut scene as it was a great joke. The game is certainly worth the money, and the addition of the MP mode where you can solve a different set of puzzles with a friend is a great addition to the game. Me and friend of mine solved nearly all of them in one night, but couldn't finish because it got too late. I look forward to seeing what DLC will become available for this game. Expand
  90. Apr 21, 2011
    Bloody fantastic game so far. PLayed about 4 hours and it's just getting better and better. The story telling is great, the atmosphere totally weird and bizarre, the sound interesting and engaging, the level design is outstanding. A great balance of puzzling and being sucked into a great and very different story. I mean, it's about sarcastic robots for christ sake! :) Love it so far.
  91. Apr 25, 2011
    So many of these reviews are simply a referendum on Valve rather than a genuine evaluation of the game. While I will admit I have my own reservations with some of the things Valve have done over the last several years, this game should be judged on its individual merits and in that regard Portal 2 is an excellent game, but it is not perfect.

Valve has taken a game that was a highly

Valve has taken a game that was a highly impressive part of The Orange Box and turned it into a highly impressive full sized version. Having said that though, the game is short. It took me about 10 hours to complete it and a better gamer than I could easily get it done in 8. (Those reviews that say 4-6 are Valve haters and clearly didn't play through the game)

The first half of the game is exceptionally compelling thanks to the excellent story and the way it is told. The gameplay compliments the story as the player reacquaints themselves with the Portal gun and the world of Portal. The introduction of the personality Wheatley is a positive and humorous addition to the game. The second half of the game starts to drag however as you learn the history of aperture science and the puzzles that accompany it tend to reflect this by being somewhat tedious.

Gone are the sterile levels from the first game, replaced by similar areas that are overgrown or more gritty areas later in the game. The exchange for this gritty realism seems to be a decrease in the difficulty and cleverness of each level. The puzzles lack some of the complexity and multi-dimensionality of the original game. Thankfully Valve has gotten rid of the balls of light that we had to tediously redirect in the first game and replaced them with lasers (no more waiting for the balls of light to bounce off of things!), however new in the game are three types of gel that you can bounce off of, move faster through or use to put portals in areas that you previously couldn't. I found the gels extremely tedious and irritating! The introduction of light bridges and light tunnels were good additions (Though the tunnels could use some physics tweaks) and should have been used far more extensively than the gels.

The ending of the game while not terrible by any means is a little disappointing and the climax to the final battle actually had me saying "You are kidding me!" for its preposterousness. The visuals are stunning though and the wrap up of the plot satisfying.

Overall Portal 2 is a great game and if I could give it an 8.5 I would. It suffers from having to compete with its exceptional, groundbreaking, and much cheaper predecessor. I dinged it a point for its $59.99 price and another point for a combination of simplicity of levels, tediousness and the silly nature of the final battle. I have not played the coop version yet however and if I find this to be an excellent addition I will revise my review to a 9. Valve has produced an excellent game that will be up for many Game of the Year awards from various publications.
  92. Apr 19, 2011
    I just had to make an account here when I saw the kotaku link posting about how player reviews were panning portal2 on metacritic. All I can assume is that people giving bad (red) reviews were not really portal1 fans at all. Some of the comments are just lies. 4 hour game? In what universe? As a veteran portal1 player (who has mastered 100% of challenges in p1), I completed the game onI just had to make an account here when I saw the kotaku link posting about how player reviews were panning portal2 on metacritic. All I can assume is that people giving bad (red) reviews were not really portal1 fans at all. Some of the comments are just lies. 4 hour game? In what universe? As a veteran portal1 player (who has mastered 100% of challenges in p1), I completed the game on first run through in about 6.5 hours and thought it was amazing. Don't forget the COOP is a totally new game with new levels and also lasts at least 5 hours depending on the skill level of your partner.

Really the only reason I've given it 9/10 instead of 10/10 is that I would have liked to see a 'Challenges' option for the hardcore among us to sink our teeth into after mastering the single and coop games. But getting a few of the harder achievements will suffice for now, hopefully a DLC will contain 'challenge' maps later on.

It was worth the wait, worth the money and definitely worth the hype.
  93. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is not Portal 1, as it shouldn't be. It takes the Portal concept to a whole new level, showing the history, and the future of the concept. I enjoyed every minute I played of this game, beat the entire thing, and the co-op as well. I haven't had so much fun with co-op ever. I laughed and laughed at the trouble we got ourselves into. It's innovative, creative, and the mostThis game is not Portal 1, as it shouldn't be. It takes the Portal concept to a whole new level, showing the history, and the future of the concept. I enjoyed every minute I played of this game, beat the entire thing, and the co-op as well. I haven't had so much fun with co-op ever. I laughed and laughed at the trouble we got ourselves into. It's innovative, creative, and the most important thing, down right fun, both single player and co-op. I see people complaining about the DLC. This is the way DLC should be. Players should not be forced to pay extra money for story content that should be in the game already. DLC is supposed to be specifically bonus, unnecessary content. If it was necessary it should be in the game. As for the Alternate Reality Potato Sack content, it was new, and enjoyable. This "treasure hunt" was a great way to get players really involved in their games. It was very very immersive, and I have never felt so well connected with other players as I did with this. It caused us to work as a team. All in all, it was the most creative and intuitive gaming experience I have ever had. 10 out of 10 for down right fun. Expand
  94. Apr 19, 2011
    I want you to understand something. My 10/10 isn't a fanboy score.

I want you to understand something. My 10/10 isn't a fanboy score.

For a game as hyped as this, my expectations were met and / or exceeded. No, really. I was alternating between puzzled frown and grinning from ear to f*cking ear. And the ending was fabulous. As for the conclusion? No spoilers - well, I don't think anyone expected the ending to match the sheer glee of first hearing "Still alive" - we're all seeing it coming now and Valve have wisely decided not to try and out-do it. If you attempt to out-do something perfect, you become straight-up cheesy or completely failing.
    I was still cackling and giggling all through the conclusion, including a few genuine "No way!?" moments.

The story is brilliant, fills out the narrative well, the acting is superb, the writing is pure quality, the pacing is absolutely perfect. And the rules of the universe are bent around and tied up in a neat little bow towards the end. Part way through you may feel betrayed by the game but it's all a ploy :) My only real gripe ( And I didn't reduce my score for it because it was still fun) is that I didn't feel the same sense of dread of the unknown during the final sequence that I did at when I faced GlaDOS for the first time in Portal 1. Such is the folly of the sequel, although I felt like my hand was held slightly too much. Or maybe I'm just clever :)

Most of the complaints I see are the DLC and the length. I think this is just smart people who are more interested in the puzzles than the narrative and atmosphere. These people complaining about the length are the same sorts of people who go on to post speed runs to prove how clever they are. I'll bet they missed half the interesting stuff - these people should have played the ARG if they want seriously tricky stuff. Not because it was tricky, but because then they'd have played some of the games in the potato sack, and they have some fiendish logic in them. But they're also not mainstream games - Valve have done an amazing job of making the game accessible to all while still making players feel clever for solving some of the puzzles. It's tricky to get this balance right. Anyone who finished it in 4 hours, I'm guaranteeing you, did not see all the campaign had to offer. Or sit there listening to some of the fabulous dialogue. I could have done it in 4 hours if I didn't give a sh*t about the surroundings. And there is some wonderful hidden dialogue too if you're enjoying yourself enough to go looking for it.

The DLC is optional. Yeah, Valve are missing the point of why cosmetic enhancements are good in the first place i.e. adding interest to something that's been out for a while, but most of the "clever people" who are **** about Valve making a grab for cash - it's cosmetic, doesn't change the game in any way. And you can earn some of them for achievements. These people are saying "We're too clever to buy optional DLC for that much", but I feel what they're really saying is "I wish I was able to make that much money out of the people stupid enough to pay for it". You feel insulted that these gamers are spending money doing something that you see as stupid. That's fine. You're clever, go make a game even a quarter as good as this and I'll start listening to you.

Port clues? Maybe. But does it control badly with kb and mouse? Hell no, the response is tight and enjoyable. They took the time to polish the controls and interface on the PC, and the graphics at high-res are fabulous. Advanced graphics options are there too - Console Ports don't have to be bad if they get the attention they deserve. Anyway. 10/10. Seriously. I'll be playing it again and again like I did with the first. And you know what? If they bring out some story DLC, I'll pay for it.
  95. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 completely lives up to what we have come to expect from a Valve game; great story, immersive gameplay and extremely creative mechanics. Rather than being dumped in at the deep end, players are slowly immersed and taught the gameplay mechanics as they go along.

There were a couple of places in the game where I was stuck with no idea what to do for a few minutes. The game starts out in a fairly linear fashion with well designed test chambers, but as the game progresses and the player starts to explore the deep underground sections things become a lot more open ended and less obvious.

The story is brilliant and introduces several new characters into the canon. As the game progresses, the player learns about the history of Aperature Science through a variety of ingame objects and dialogue. Visiting areas which were created during different periods of Aperature Science's development, the player is introduced to various gadgets.
  96. Apr 19, 2011
    I made an account on Metacritic just so I could give this game a 10. A more than worthy successor to one of the most phenomenal games ever made. I can't recommend it enough to anyone on the fence about it, and that's just off my experience of the single player. By all accounts the Co-op is even more amazing, so I've still got a lot to look forward to.
  97. Apr 19, 2011
    The game took me about 8 hours to beat, (I'd heard it would take 8-10) and I have to say I cant imagine it being any longer. It would have become too repetitive. I like my puzzle games to be medium to short in time so this was great, as well as the short Portal. I thing this game deserves a 9.5 but since that isn't an option I'm going with 10. I haven't even played the co-op yet but I'mThe game took me about 8 hours to beat, (I'd heard it would take 8-10) and I have to say I cant imagine it being any longer. It would have become too repetitive. I like my puzzle games to be medium to short in time so this was great, as well as the short Portal. I thing this game deserves a 9.5 but since that isn't an option I'm going with 10. I haven't even played the co-op yet but I'm really looking forward to it once some of my other friends finish the game. I even spotted on of the co-op players dancing around on a far away ledge at one point in the game. Anyway, the game was great and the graphics were good. The soundtrack fit perfectly and it was great how it would change whenever you started doing something like using the propulsion gel or pointing a laser into its hole. People that let advertisers get their hopes up are fools. Just enjoy the game for what it is, a good sequel to a good puzzle game. Expand
  98. Apr 19, 2011
    One of the best games I have played in a very long time, despite the many negative reviews that this game doesn't deserve.

Although the negative reviews say otherwise, this game is certainly over 4 hours long. Portal 2 has provided me with about 10 hours (give or take, it really depends on your ability to solve puzzles) of spectacular gameplay, and I plan to replay the game for the developer commentary which was included in the game. Portal 2 also comes with developer tools, meaning that new puzzles will be created by users for all to enjoy, providing more replay value. The game has excellent graphics, which are complimented by the interactive environment provided by the Aperture Science Laboratories. The plot was deep and captivating, expanding on the mysteries left by the first game, and contains plot developments that will keep the player hooked until the very end. The game is quite humorous, and has had me laughing at several points in the game. Aside from the excellent mind-boggling puzzles that any puzzle game should provide, Portal 2 also presents dramatic and fast-paced action sequences and plot developments, which keep players on their toes while still refraining from overwhelming the player.
  99. Apr 19, 2011
    game is brilliant no matter what the trolls say. People complaining its short seem to forget they stated months ago that it would be around 7 hours. This game has met all of my expectations and more.
  100. Apr 19, 2011
    Well, since I wasn't one of the people that bought the potato sack (which has some very decent indie games in it, also you supported the indie community, thanks for that!) I'm not automatically going to give this a 0. The game isn't short compared to today's standards, I've played a good 10 hours so far, which is the same as any other big release game on the market now, so stop whining.Well, since I wasn't one of the people that bought the potato sack (which has some very decent indie games in it, also you supported the indie community, thanks for that!) I'm not automatically going to give this a 0. The game isn't short compared to today's standards, I've played a good 10 hours so far, which is the same as any other big release game on the market now, so stop whining. I'd rather pay $40 for a well polished, fun Valve game that I know is going to be great instead of wasting $80 on a disappointing game that I thought would have been good.

The only downside of the game I can see so far is that Co Op won't be as repayable as I'd like it. Also, who cares about DLC, don't buy it but don't come onto metacritic and whine about it.

It's a Valve game, you can expect only quality, buy the game and make your own mind up! Don't come to sites like these that have Youtube style voting systems where anyone can give anything an unjustified 0 or 10 to make up your mind.

Pros

- An awesome addition to the Portal franchise, an outstanding game for what it is... A PUZZLE GAME.
    - A FULL game, 8 - 12 hours.
    - Co-op is fun and ORIGINAL.
    - Hilarious dialogue. A good story.
    - Great music, it suits the scene of the game.
    - The graphics are amazing, especially with the crumbling environments.
    - It links in with Half-Life.
    - It's a quality, polished Valve game.
    -Worth more playthroughs; achievements, secrets or just for fun.

Cons
    - Co-op Reply Value is fairly low. - ...um hmm.. There's nothing else I can think of that's wrong with the game at the moment.
  101. Apr 24, 2011
    If you're someone who measures a game's worth primarily by it's playtime, Portal 2 may be a bit disappointing to you. However, this is typically not how most media (film, music, books, etc.) is judged - you won't find the New York Times scoring an excellent film lower just because it has a shorter run time than another potentially not-as-good film, and ticket prices are almost neverIf you're someone who measures a game's worth primarily by it's playtime, Portal 2 may be a bit disappointing to you. However, this is typically not how most media (film, music, books, etc.) is judged - you won't find the New York Times scoring an excellent film lower just because it has a shorter run time than another potentially not-as-good film, and ticket prices are almost never factored into film reviews (except for the case of 3D, which is another story.) I think we can all agree that movies as well as video games are overpriced, regardless of how good they are.

So, ignoring all other factors, I feel that Portal 2 is easily one of the best games on the market today, and an experience no gamer (or person, for that matter,) should miss. Every bit of this game, from start to finish, is polished, well thought out, surprising in it's plot and ever changing gameplay, and, simply put, fun and entertaining. I personally felt that, for a game such as this, the length was perfect - the game took what Portal 1 did and expanded upon all elements in such a way that somehow makes the first, once thought of a revolutionary, now seem primitive.

When you get right down to it, I'd much rather pay $50 for a slightly shorter but much higher quality product, than for a game that is lesser in quality but much longer due to repetitive gameplay. I guess it's up to you.

1. Oct 20, 2011