8.8

1. Dec 15, 2014
    Even though this is a very good game, it does not make much sense to figure in the top ten ever best pc games. It's entertaining and the scenarios are interesting to walk around and figure out the puzzles. But story is not so compelling and action is limited. Definitely one of the best PUZZLE games I've played.
  2. Dec 10, 2014
    This is the best game i've ever played. It has no negative things. It has brilliant graphics and a good story with a plot twist. And the gameplay is really good too.
  3. Dec 9, 2014
    Yes, Valve, give me more! The campaign is spot-on, has the right duration and will provide some laughs and some challenges. And the coop is amazing. And then there's the user created maps, so the fun theoretically never has to stop.

But, to be quite sincere, I liked the first game better. The whole atmosphere of desolation and not knowing what was going on was amazing. And Aperture Science seemed more interesting that first time, with all the decaying offices. And, even though I liked the campaign of Portal 2, I didn't really like its story. Wheatley isn't a great character, GLaDOS wasn't so evil as in the first game and the plot was obvious. After some minutes playing, I started figuring out what was going to happen next.

But all the underground section when you discover the gels are amazing. It's truly worth the money and your time, even more if you have a friend to play with you. Unfortunately, I don't :c but I tried the coop with strangers, and it was nice even so.
  4. Dec 8, 2014
    A fun puzzle game! Portal 2 has both an unforgettable singleplayer and a great CO-OP campaign. There's a lot of fun dialogues and cut-scenes. The puzzles are fairly challenging and the game is in overall very entertaining.
  5. Dec 5, 2014
    A bit late to review but whatever!.... Portal 2 is a great game! The original Portal was great as well! Portal 2 was amazing with great level designs! Some levels stumped me but I finally finished them! The characters, voice acting are really good! I hope in the next Portal (if there will be one) that it would be a prequel to the first game! Overall if you want a really good puzzle gameA bit late to review but whatever!.... Portal 2 is a great game! The original Portal was great as well! Portal 2 was amazing with great level designs! Some levels stumped me but I finally finished them! The characters, voice acting are really good! I hope in the next Portal (if there will be one) that it would be a prequel to the first game! Overall if you want a really good puzzle game pick up Portal 1 and 2 because they are both really amazing puzzle adventure games to get your brain working! Its always a treat every time you finish a puzzle! Expand
  6. Dec 3, 2014
    Portal 2 is a great successor to the previous game. This game is out right hilarious. The puzzles are innovated and improve upon the puzzles from the previous game. JUST BUY IT!
  7. Dec 2, 2014
    Wow. I'm honestly speechless. The game's that good. I mean, like, epic storyline, amazing graphics even on a crappy computer, virtually lag and glitch-free, and somehow enough room for puzzle solving and creativity that makes you feel good in the end. All that you could ask for in a game. And the atmosphere you're playing in makes you feel like you're fighting for your life. This gameWow. I'm honestly speechless. The game's that good. I mean, like, epic storyline, amazing graphics even on a crappy computer, virtually lag and glitch-free, and somehow enough room for puzzle solving and creativity that makes you feel good in the end. All that you could ask for in a game. And the atmosphere you're playing in makes you feel like you're fighting for your life. This game reminded me that EA can't create masterpieces like the ones Valve makes. (hint hint: start making good games please.)

I'd play this title over and over again if I were given a choice! It's that good!
  8. Nov 18, 2014
    The good:
    - top notch voice acting
    - possibly the funniest, cleverest dialogue I've ever experienced in a game - a physical world that works nearly flawlessly - nothing is dumbed down, making the more challenging puzzles incredibly gratifying when you solve them The bad: - even when you "solve" the puzzle (e.g. figure out what needs to be done), some challenges are incredibly
    The good:
    - top notch voice acting
    - possibly the funniest, cleverest dialogue I've ever experienced in a game
    - a physical world that works nearly flawlessly

The bad:
    - even when you "solve" the puzzle (e.g. figure out what needs to be done), some challenges are incredibly finicky in terms of how precise you need to be to perform the required actions, making it frustrating. I solved the damn puzzle! Let me out!
    - puzzle after puzzle can get a bit monotonous when your companions are absent and the dialogue diminishes
  9. Oct 22, 2014
    Intriguing. Intuitive. Hilarious. These are just some of the words I'll use to describe this game. Recommend this game to anyone who has half a brain.
  10. Oct 21, 2014
    What is to say about an amazing game like Portal 2? Jumping around and solving difficult but fun puzzles with a gun that shoots portals. But that is not all that goes for this game. The story is gripping and intense (really intense for a puzzle game) and even throws some unexpected twists at you. In my opinion, the story is the strongest aspect of the game, but the puzzles are fun as well.What is to say about an amazing game like Portal 2? Jumping around and solving difficult but fun puzzles with a gun that shoots portals. But that is not all that goes for this game. The story is gripping and intense (really intense for a puzzle game) and even throws some unexpected twists at you. In my opinion, the story is the strongest aspect of the game, but the puzzles are fun as well. Although the puzzles can be frustrating, Portal 2 is an amazing game with almost 0 flaws and has an amazing story, great graphics, and amazingly cool mechanics. Expand
  11. Oct 19, 2014
    Portal 2, the game the original portal could've been had it been more mainstream. This unique game is a game with so many unique mechanics, great story and memorable characters that I regret uninstalling it from my computer due to lack of space.

The game works like this: You play as Chell, the main character of the story. With a portal gun, your goal is to try to escape the long abandoned Aperture Science laboratory, designed to test the infamous portal gun. While doing this, the portal gun works like this: when you shoot one portal, you shoot another portal on a designated surface, usually white. after the second portal is shot, you walk through it to get to the other portal, this mechanic is a lot more fun than it sounds.

This game is often proclaimed to be a "masterpiece". And I agree with it, with a 9 out of 10, I will always go back to Portal 2, even if that means reinstalling it on my computer, which is almost out of space.
  12. Oct 17, 2014
    Portal 2 is THE best game I have ever played. And I've played a lot of games. It combines all the good aspects of games. When the game was over I just sat there for a while thinking about how I just played the game of the century.
  13. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a review for portal 2. it is a video game where things happen and some things that do not happen. it was okay. i would say that it was a video game. Expand
  14. Oct 6, 2014
    First let me say that I liked the first Portal, a lot, and so everything that changed from how it was in there is just a regression IMHO.

Portal 2 plot is weaker than Portal one, actually far weaker, they stretched the plot to fill in new elements for a richer gameplay (which is good) but it's definitely not as enjoyable as the first Portal because here you feel like what you're doing is totally meaningless.

So, to sum things up, Portal 2 is Portal 1 with a richer gameplay, a lot of more hours of gameplay but a weaker plot that kills the enjoyment. Still a good game but not the 10/10 of Portal 1.
  15. Oct 4, 2014
    I'm speechless. Speechless. Amazing game. Portal 1 was short, but Valve took that issue to heart and made Portal 2 5x longer. Made it funnier too. Just buy this game without thinking.
  16. Oct 2, 2014
    The story and voice overs facing the silent protagonist here will keep You forcing Yourself long past midnight solving "just one more" puzzle. Very inspired work. Even the fact of it being on steam cannot justify subtracting points from such a polished product. Once done enjoying the excellent solo experience, which delivers laughter in spades and even a tear at times, You can embark onThe story and voice overs facing the silent protagonist here will keep You forcing Yourself long past midnight solving "just one more" puzzle. Very inspired work. Even the fact of it being on steam cannot justify subtracting points from such a polished product. Once done enjoying the excellent solo experience, which delivers laughter in spades and even a tear at times, You can embark on smaller separate story with a friend for a duo-romp, fun will be had as well. Expand
  17. Sep 28, 2014
    "Wow" is all i've got to say about this game. If you thought the first Portal was great, you can bet every dollar you have you're going to love this! It's brilliance of it makes this game astonishing. New Character: Wheatley! One of the best puzzle games with a innovative story that will keep you up in knots!
  18. Sep 28, 2014
    A much bigger, fun and brilliant game than the original. You don't have to be someone who usually gravitates towards puzzle games to enjoy this. It's one of those rare games where you actually need to stop and think. Trial, error, experimentation and imagination will get you through those expertly crafted chambers, rather than quick reflexes.

I can't give the game full marks, however,

I can't give the game full marks, however, due to a very minor criticism. That being that as well thought-out the puzzle-based chambers were, they all had a similar look. The puzzles and tools at your disposal may evolve as you progress, but eventually my eye got a little bored looking at the same dark and dreary test chambers. Apart from that - amazing!
  19. Sep 28, 2014
    This probably has to be the best game I've ever played, from the script to the voice acting, to the graphics and the way you play the game. It is a challenging 'puzzle' game which involves going through one portal and coming out of the other one, only YOU have to chose where they go.

The game is about a company named Aperture science who are using humans to test their latest invention, the portal gun. The story is about you, and a little robot named Wheatley who tries to save you from the evil robot GLaDOS, but the tables turn and GLaDOS tries to save you from Wheatley, only to find out she was a test subject too!

Finally there is a whole new game when it comes to the co-op aspect of the game, you and your buddy are two silly robots with portal guns!

Have fun!
  20. Sep 26, 2014
    This is my favourite game. My best friend got me obsessed over this one. We played multiplayer on PS3 and it is also good on PC. Plus I love the story and Wheatley! I'm happy to be the President of Still Alive Club!
  21. Sep 15, 2014
    Portal 2 is on eof the best remastered games ever released
    All of its content as been remade, lots of new aesthetics, even new puzzle elements. And an exciting storyline.
    Portal 2 is one of the best games ever made, even for a "puzzle" game (running from raging snipers to raging mevious puzzles) The game as workshop, modding compatibility, its very cheap for a game of 95 meta
    Portal 2 is on eof the best remastered games ever released
    The game as workshop, modding compatibility, its very cheap for a game of 95 meta score(until 07 was 96), and also as a tremendous soundtrack.

Its one of the best games ever made, and no expert critc ever hate this game.
    The game as 7 chapters, and its 150 times longer than the original portal. The game as also the Challenge mode, which very cool. There are a lot of fixed glitches, but still some remaining.

The new coop mode was received perfectly well, since its really creative and cool.

The humor on the game is giant, wheatley, a stupid core, and he watch all your steps, like, "the people whit brain damage are the real heroes), and GlaDOs, with her rage of you killing her, saying to you like "Your mother hates you, not because you're fat, but you really are, and the fact of you begin adopted.)

100/100. Buy this game. If your pc run half life 2, It WILL run portal 2.
    Also if you buy the ps3 version you will win a free pc copy.
  22. Sep 15, 2014
    Best puzzle game i've ever played next to the first game. Genius writing, level design, and overall execution. The fact that it also ties into the Half Life universe makes it even better. Hope to see Half-portal 3 soon.
  23. Sep 15, 2014
    An enjoyable game, especially in the first half. I did feel it dragged on a bit though. Later in the game it got a little bit repetitive and boring climbing through random sites and ladders. But the majority of the rooms and puzzles are clever and rewarding. I liked the progressive difficulty and array of the puzzles too.
  24. Jul 30, 2014
    From my point of view this is an extremely overrated title and especially after experiencing the amazing little gem that was first Portal, P2 is quite a disappointment for me. My guess is that all the praise is coming mostly from people who didn't play the original, because this is basically 1:1 the same thing, only 4 times longer, but while the short gameplay was perfectly effective forFrom my point of view this is an extremely overrated title and especially after experiencing the amazing little gem that was first Portal, P2 is quite a disappointment for me. My guess is that all the praise is coming mostly from people who didn't play the original, because this is basically 1:1 the same thing, only 4 times longer, but while the short gameplay was perfectly effective for the first Portal, here it's getting tedious after about 10 hours. It's still good, it kept the quality humor and the addition of multiplayer is very interesting, but I feel like all the main trump cards have already been used in the first Portal. 6/10 Expand
  25. Jul 28, 2014
    By any measure, a great game.

I finished it, and enjoyed it.

But, it's a 9 and not a 10, because it failed to live up to the example set by Portal 1.

Bottom line: a fun game, that is exceptionally well put together, but, unlike Portal 1, you won't be talking about it with your friends for years.
  26. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is absolutely awesome! Amazing puzzles, great graphics and a lot of humor! The only thing that I see as a problem is the fact that the game is too short.
  27. Jul 20, 2014
    i absolutely LOVE this game. when i play its kind of like a family thing, me my brother and my father all watching the screen having fun pointing things out and trying to figure out the puzzle. i honestly think that this is the best, there are good graphics, good plot, complex things to do, and most important, it's HILARIOUS. seriously, completely sarcastic and witty the whole time. truei absolutely LOVE this game. when i play its kind of like a family thing, me my brother and my father all watching the screen having fun pointing things out and trying to figure out the puzzle. i honestly think that this is the best, there are good graphics, good plot, complex things to do, and most important, it's HILARIOUS. seriously, completely sarcastic and witty the whole time. true some of the puzzles may be difficult, (and for those who its easy for, sucks to be you, cuz that means you had no fun) but that's part of the fun of playing it. Expand
  28. Jul 18, 2014
    Portal 2 is funny fluid and .utterly replay able you need to have this fantastic wonder of a game in your life
    It is the perfect length of a game go and buy it right now
  29. Jul 15, 2014
    Portal 2 is a very enjoyable, witty game. The narrative is compelling, and it proves to be a truly inventive puzzle game. I jumped into this Portal (haha, get it?) without playing its predecessor, and found no issues in understanding the plot or how the game works as such. So, if like me you haven't played Portal before, then throw away your preconceptions of what a puzzle game is rightPortal 2 is a very enjoyable, witty game. The narrative is compelling, and it proves to be a truly inventive puzzle game. I jumped into this Portal (haha, get it?) without playing its predecessor, and found no issues in understanding the plot or how the game works as such. So, if like me you haven't played Portal before, then throw away your preconceptions of what a puzzle game is right now, because Portal will smash them.
    Portal 2 offers a more hands-on puzzle experience than any other game of its genre I've played, and whilst the puzzles prove to be a challenging, they are heaps of fun to solve. Especially with the addition of GLaDOS' sarky commentary, or Wheatley's ramblings.
    That's another thing about Portal 2 - it's quirky and funny. Some moments made me laugh out loud, which is a bit of a mean feat. The characters, though you can count them on just one hand, are actually ingenious, and offer more entertainment than many games with casts of 20+ have. The game's main setting - the now rather disheveled Aperture Science Enrichment Center - is also really nicely done and just, well, cool....
    Portal 2 is just the right mix of everything - humor, puzzles and a good story. You're really missing out if you've been putting off playing it!
  30. sft
    Jul 11, 2014
    Great game, but still no cake

Great game, but still no cake

Kudos to the guys at Valve for bettering an original yet again. Portal was a masterly work of originality and ingenuity and PORTAL 2 takes the principles laid down in the first game and develops them even further. The puzzles are even more creative and there’s a much wider variety of environments to work your way through. And these environments are often quite breathtaking to behold, which is in itself impressive given the age of the Source engine. Graphically it’s huge, expansive, and immersive. And then there’s the writing of course. Valve have always been at the head of the pack when it comes to the quality of the writing behind their games and P2 is no exception. The script is sharp, dry, and delivered to perfection by the cast. To top it all there is now the option to play community-created maps and coop games with others. What more could you want?
  31. Jul 7, 2014
    Portal 2 was just outstanding. When Portal came it, it became really popular but it lacked story-telling and was way too short. Portal fulfills all those and also brings some great characters. GLaDOS develops a unique relation with you, wheatly was amazingly funny. It had all that's needed to be a perfect game. Nicely polished, no bugs and most of all, you develop an emotional attachmentPortal 2 was just outstanding. When Portal came it, it became really popular but it lacked story-telling and was way too short. Portal fulfills all those and also brings some great characters. GLaDOS develops a unique relation with you, wheatly was amazingly funny. It had all that's needed to be a perfect game. Nicely polished, no bugs and most of all, you develop an emotional attachment to the characters and feel like you're really a part of the game, which, to me, is the most important thing. Hats off! Expand
  32. Jul 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of Valves greatest games ever. It borrowed cool and innovative mechanics from Portal, and the gameplay and first half of the story are great. The coop mode is really fun with friends. The only downside is the fact that wheatley betrays you, I had grown to like him so much and I didn't want that to happen. Expand
  33. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the most funniest storyline you'll ever get. The Portal humour is 70% of the game according to me, the rest is pure genius. Thinking with portals is the concept, like in the first Portal, and you have in Portal 2 some new puzzles, new stuff to play with.

The game was maybe a little bit too easy, and it is my only negative point. You can finish pretty early and there is no replay value, unless you want to complete the Steam achievements.

Coop mode is one of the best as well, with a complete new storyline and hours of gameplay

Conclusion : THE Valve highest success, you can't miss a game like that
  34. Jun 19, 2014
    This is one of the few games I can say I played entirely and finished for more than two times. It is probably one of the best games in history, there's really nothing more to say.

This is how a good, entertaining story should be told. But most of all this is how real coop games should be. Portal 2 is by far my first favorite coop game of all time.
  35. Jun 14, 2014
    THIS GAME!
    OMG!
    This game is best game I ever played on a PC. Story telling is FANTASTIC! Gameplay- FUN! Music - Like robotical angels are singing it. Price - Really nice price. It is 15 euro on Steam but it is almost always on sale :) You can even find few mods ( games ) for it. Like : Thinking with Time Maching and comming up Aperture Tag. Buy it NOW ! :) Please don't be a
    THIS GAME!
    OMG!
    This game is best game I ever played on a PC.
    Story telling is FANTASTIC!
    Gameplay- FUN!
    Music - Like robotical angels are singing it.
    You can even find few mods ( games ) for it.
    Like : Thinking with Time Maching and comming up Aperture Tag.
    Buy it NOW ! :) Please don't be a pirate ...
    Steam : Catzzye
  36. Jun 11, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. I enjoyed every single bit of it. Every. Single. Bit. The graphics are neat, the environments are one of the greatest I've seen, and the story is admirable. After all these years, Valve still knows how to bring pure joy in digital form. Buy this game, especially the PC version, if possible.
  37. May 18, 2014
    This game is amazing. This is probably the best game that Valve pulled out. A set of very sharp reflection in beautiful rooms with an atmosphere and excellent playability. I do not know what else to say about this game, except that you must have played Portal 2 at least once in his life. Portal 2 deserves the rating of 10/10 and its price.
  38. May 17, 2014
    It is like first Portal but with lot of new things. The single player is nice and the coop is even better. Also, you can build our own test chambers and share them with others.
  39. May 4, 2014
    One of the best game I ever played. Incredible graphics and full of action. I was amazed when I saw the improvements of the source engine. It's way better than the first Portal. I really had fun when I played in the chapters with those gel things. I can't wait for Portal 3!
  40. Apr 9, 2014
    Just when you think Portal couldn't get any better, Portal 2 comes out. Much longer in length, even better puzzles, hilariously funny scripting & voice acting (especially "Cave Johnson" & Glados). Some negative reviews here have some fair points (very high prices for purely cosmetic DLC), but much of it is simply "I don't like puzzles", which is pretty silly. I don't like sports games butJust when you think Portal couldn't get any better, Portal 2 comes out. Much longer in length, even better puzzles, hilariously funny scripting & voice acting (especially "Cave Johnson" & Glados). Some negative reviews here have some fair points (very high prices for purely cosmetic DLC), but much of it is simply "I don't like puzzles", which is pretty silly. I don't like sports games but instead of leaving negative reviews for them, I simply don't buy what I know in advance I don't like!

Likewise, "It's too much like the original" is a GOOD thing these days when some other developers have a tendency to repeatedly destroy franchises with dumbed-down "cinematic" tat (Thief 4 anyone?)... Overall I'll give the game a 9 simply because there were one or two crashes-to-desktop on mine. It would have gotten a 10 without them.
  41. Apr 1, 2014
    Portal 2 took the bones of its original and added some suprisingly tasty meat to it. An enjoyable combination of lateral thinking taking your fps skills for a ride with excellent hardware scalability. Got a free steam copy with my ps3 version and the co-operative play is worth going through (loved that split screen option). Highly recommend.
  42. Mar 29, 2014
    When I first saw gameplay videos I thought it's a silly game. But when I played it I realised how silly I am. That's smart entertainment. When you finish a hard level without help tell me how do you feel. Especially after the congratulations.
  43. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "As of March 24th, 2014, there are 4186 positive reviews and only 318 negative ones. I punch those numbers into my calculator, and it makes a happy face".

Seriously though, I think we just need to hand out some information to the unhappy few who claim to have "wasted" their money on this game. Here are some facts that are to be considered:

-The DLC is optional. You don't need to have it, because, at best, it gives you a bunch of festive clothes for your character to wear, none of which you will see or care about during the course of the game.
    -I see many folks here complaining that these puzzles are too easy. It's a game, and games are not meant to bash your head inside out. There are no need for these puzzles to be particularly hard. I want to come back from work or school and have a small thing for my mind to chew on, not a full meal.
    -Some critics, in fact, are going so far as to complain that this is not a game, and that they prefer "real" games. And no, I am not going to criticize that. Please go back to your precious Call of Duty and leave my Portal 2 alone.

Other than that, I respect your opinions. Truly.

Overall, Portal 2 is a nice game, with rather humorous (though I would not call it witty) dialogue and a lot of fun puzzles to solve. At worst, it can be a pleasant little game of "I Spy" for a valid surface to put your portal on.

I particularly found the co-op mode intriguing. Sometimes I would find an intelligent partner, and we would storm through the tests together. Others were rather dim-witted, and I was forced to kill them in some way to show my displeasure.

10 out of 10 for this game. And no, it is not a score that I give out all the time.
  44. Mar 16, 2014
    One of the best games ever created. It is unlike anything you've played before (unless you've played Portal 1). This is a unique game that really puts your brain to work with it's puzzle-type stages. The story is fantastic and hilarious. This is Valves best game IMO. It also has endless replay value due to Steam Workshop.
  45. Mar 15, 2014
    This game is simply brilliant. I usually never manage to finish my games but there's something about this one that keeps you coming back for more. The best part for me is the sense of accomplishment you get from solving a puzzle you've been stuck on for a while! The voice acting is of very high quality and the jokes are funny. No problems with the controls and the levels are very wellThis game is simply brilliant. I usually never manage to finish my games but there's something about this one that keeps you coming back for more. The best part for me is the sense of accomplishment you get from solving a puzzle you've been stuck on for a while! The voice acting is of very high quality and the jokes are funny. No problems with the controls and the levels are very well designed and never repetitive. Get it now. Expand
  46. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is just incredible. It's so unique. When you play it for the first time you are blown away by how unique and how cool the game is. The graphics also suit the game very well. If you have a friend to play this with it's double the fun, as you can do co-op on all the modes.

I had so much fun playing through the campaign with my friend, but most of my hours have been spent with my friend playing and building our own custom maps. The fact you can play other player created maps adds a lot of longevity to the game. It's the best value game I have ever bought.

If you're someone who doesn't like puzzle games then maybe this isn't for you, but otherwise it's the best money you'll ever spend on a game.
  47. Mar 7, 2014
    Simply amazing! Keeps you on edge to an extreme extend. Defiantly a game worth getting, hard, challenging, but not to the point where you begin to bash your keyboard. Overall a very smart well done game.
  48. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. awesome the game has quality and puzzles that took me the whole day to finish and I'm gonna wait for the next one because I'm not even done with co-op and single player all together was a week and I don't get the bad reviews they just didn't pay attention enough to respect the game Expand
  49. Mar 2, 2014
    I thought I would never like a game without bang bang, gore, violence and monsters; the game is a perfect thriller / puzzle and never uses the cliches you are tired to see in this brave new world...
  50. Mar 1, 2014
    Portal 2 is a lot larger than the first one. It also has a Coop mode (no challenge mode) and the puzzles are harder than in Portal. I really like how the characters change, but the atmosphere is worse than in the first game.
  51. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    Why would you not have this game already? Go in steam and get this and the original for about $20, and have fun. The great hing about the sequel however is it has an entirely separate co-op campaign you can play on the couch or online.
  52. Feb 26, 2014
    Very fun and engaging....right up until you fall into the "wasteland basement". Not spoiling anything, but the game goes on to long which is an unusual complaint from me. I was enthralled and engaged, then I was ... kinda bored? Still a great game and worthy of the PORTAL name.
  53. Feb 21, 2014
    Had a blast playing Portal 2. I would have scored it a 9-10 if I felt the urge to replay the game. Extremely fun on the first time through the campaign though. I had the exact same experience as in Portal 1. Great game, but my top notch scores are reserved for those games that keep me coming back for more.
  54. Feb 19, 2014
    Potral 2 is the best strategy game i have ever played. Even thou theres no different endings you'll still want to play it again. Portal 2 has allot of game mechanics that just make the game awesome. You play as a test subject to take down the robot GLaDOS (Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System) and restore aperture science labs with the help of a core named wheatly but instead ofPotral 2 is the best strategy game i have ever played. Even thou theres no different endings you'll still want to play it again. Portal 2 has allot of game mechanics that just make the game awesome. You play as a test subject to take down the robot GLaDOS (Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System) and restore aperture science labs with the help of a core named wheatly but instead of killing GLaDOS wheatly get control of aperture science labs and goes crazy puts GLaDOS in a potato and now your off to take down wheatly. this game gets a 9/10 Expand
  55. Feb 14, 2014
    To be put simply: This is one of the greatest puzzle games i have ever played, the mechanics are beautiful and the story is told perfectly. Huge improvement over the 1st.
  56. Feb 11, 2014
    I only would like to know why is this game a perfect game. wow . A robot jumping in holes . A laberinty square game. i didnt finish it . Why is the game of the year ? maybe the money ? Who knows? I prefer tetrix
  57. Jan 31, 2014
    An absolute gem of a game, a tense, puzzle driven game that is nonetheless absolutely hilarious. I sound myself repeating some of the lines to my wife, who found them funny even though she had no idea what game it was.

Utterly brilliant, it's games like these that put Valve at the top of the PC gaming pyramid.
  58. Jan 30, 2014
    A superb game. Comedy levels are high and game play is as compelling as it is addictive. Even the irritating voice of Stephen Merchant is loveable and well written here and without him the game would of lost a step. Superb from start to finish!
  59. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is great! It has humor, a good storyline, co-op multiplayer, and most importantly excellent puzzles!! And these are all hard things to put in a puzzle game already, nonetheless doing it well (except for puzzles, duh). This is by far the best game I've ever played (except maybe Minecraft...)
  60. Jan 24, 2014
    Just great. I cant say nothing more, you must try it. Game world and plot forces you to beat game in one night. You can not resist - your butt will stuck to chair until final second of credits.
  61. Jan 22, 2014
    Portal 2:

+Best Storyline+
    +Best Characters+ (Wheatley is Badass!)
    +Best Level Design+
    +Best Voice Acting+
    +Best Soundtracks+

Portal 2 Is the Best puzzle game!
  62. Jan 21, 2014
    Incredible! One of the most perfect games ever! I've played it 4 times and I just have to say that the history is awesome and Valve knows how to make a good game. 10/10
  63. NLS
    Jan 21, 2014
    Portal 2 easily goes in any "top games of all times" list. Easily.
    Looks still look current (it's out a few years already), the sense of scale, the actual idea of portals, solving the levels and still taking part in an evolving story while learning things about the Valve universe. Fantastic.
    Portal 2 easily goes in any "top games of all times" list. Easily.
    Just fantastic. Hope they make Portal 3 some day. Although knowing how they work with sequels... It might be for my kid.
  64. Jan 17, 2014
    Perhaps the best puzzler of all time, Portal 2 is a must-play. This game is challenging, has an enthralling story, and shows aspects of humor that just add that little bit of extra greatness. Portal 2 deserves the spot of Game of the Year 2011, as many believe.
  65. Jan 5, 2014
    This is probably best puzzle game ever!! Each puzzle is really well designed which give game unique experience. As Valve started to release really bad titles like L4D didn't expect much from them anymore. I'm glad I was wrong. Portal 2 is pure awesomeness in bot singleplayer and coop modes!
  66. Jan 3, 2014
    Portal 2 is a puzzle game. But it isn't like any other puzzle game. It is a first person game, where you have a portal gun. But don't get me wrong it is NOT a first person shooter. You have to pass levels by shooting portals and getting to the end of the chamber. There is an awesome story, where you have to get out of this insane asylum place. This one of my favorite games. I wouldPortal 2 is a puzzle game. But it isn't like any other puzzle game. It is a first person game, where you have a portal gun. But don't get me wrong it is NOT a first person shooter. You have to pass levels by shooting portals and getting to the end of the chamber. There is an awesome story, where you have to get out of this insane asylum place. This one of my favorite games. I would suggest this to anyone! Expand
  67. Jan 2, 2014
    Best game ever! The game has great graphics with shadows and lighting. The old Aperture area is just massive with metal rails and huge structures. You even get to hear Cave Johnson.
  68. Jan 1, 2014
    Portal 2 might lack the feeling of desolation and loneliness felt in the eerie Aperture labs in its predecessor, instead taking a much more family-friendly orientation. This doesn't make the game any less fun, however; the clever and often hilarious writing, mind-bending puzzles and superb voice acting from the first one are back and wholly expanded, together with an excellent co-op coursePortal 2 might lack the feeling of desolation and loneliness felt in the eerie Aperture labs in its predecessor, instead taking a much more family-friendly orientation. This doesn't make the game any less fun, however; the clever and often hilarious writing, mind-bending puzzles and superb voice acting from the first one are back and wholly expanded, together with an excellent co-op course and an easy to use level editor. Portal 2 is one of the best games of 2011, if not the outright best. Expand
  69. Dec 29, 2013
    Portal 2 is probably one of the best games I have ever played. Though some levels are challenging, everything is perfect, with the perfect amount of humor but still plenty of tension. The characters are perfect and the storyline is brilliantly plotted. Everyone should own this game no matter what genre you prefer. Only about 10 hours of playing time for the story but plenty more in thePortal 2 is probably one of the best games I have ever played. Though some levels are challenging, everything is perfect, with the perfect amount of humor but still plenty of tension. The characters are perfect and the storyline is brilliantly plotted. Everyone should own this game no matter what genre you prefer. Only about 10 hours of playing time for the story but plenty more in the co-op mode. Amazing game, must have. Expand
  70. Dec 18, 2013
    Portal 2 contains fun campaign with fluent story telling progress and mind bugging puzzles, Highly repayable because there are millions of custom chambers and you can even create your own! You should buy this game, totally.
  71. Dec 11, 2013
    This is probably my all-time favorite game. Interesting story and fun to play. I often got stuck in the same level for quite a while, which got a little annoying.
    If you're going to play this game, play Portal 1 first. It will make the experience much more interesting and enjoyable.
  72. Dec 11, 2013
    Had a great time playing this. Multiplayer was flawless and the Steam workshop provides a seemingly endless supply awesome new puzzles. The editor is intuitive and makes building your own chambers simple and straight forward. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys games that require a bit of thinking.
  73. Dec 8, 2013
    Portal 2 is a fun, engaging and truly wonderful experience. The puzzles were well-adjusted on all parameters and so was the soft and humble narrating. Compared to an exciting novel or an alluring painting, Portal 2 contains the best of both and is everything an artful and sly game should be.
  74. Dec 3, 2013
    portal 2... what can i say guys. this game is one of the best games out there and its so worth the price.
    i would recommend you to buy it and when you are done you will see what i mean. this game deserves a place in your library. get it now!
  75. Dec 1, 2013
    After the great game that was Portal, Portal 2 takes the original and makes it better in almost every possible way. The single player game is much longer now, there are more challenging puzzles, and there are different types of environments. In addition to Glados, Portal 2 introduces some new characters, the most significant being Wheatley and to say the least he is annoyingly funny. SinceAfter the great game that was Portal, Portal 2 takes the original and makes it better in almost every possible way. The single player game is much longer now, there are more challenging puzzles, and there are different types of environments. In addition to Glados, Portal 2 introduces some new characters, the most significant being Wheatley and to say the least he is annoyingly funny. Since its release, Valve have also provided a level editor as a free download so that you can make your own levels and share them on the Steam Workshop to share with others. Portal 2 is also great for multiplayer as you and a friend can play the co-op campaign and this provides some great challenges as you need to work together to solve the puzzles and reach the exit. If you haven't picked up Portal 2 yet, get it. Get your friends to pick it up too so then you can play the co-op campaign as well! Expand
  76. Nov 28, 2013
    Portal 2 is in one word Amazing.
    A game full of superb level designs, puzzles that will open your mind the more you try escape and win them.
    Fantastic interactive story that will make you feel like you're a part of it, so interesting that you'll end playing 4 hours, feeling like only 10 minutes passed. The game gives you limited options, but it doesn't push you to do as it scripted
    Portal 2 is in one word Amazing.
    The game gives you limited options, but it doesn't push you to do as it scripted which makes it feel like everything you do happens because you did it and not because that's what the game wants you to do.
    A story full of plot twists, make you wonder 24/7 what's next?
    Graphics that build the feeling of the environment, how old it is, what happened here etc.
    There is no puzzle game that is sophisticated as Portal 2, nor has a story like it.
    The amazing thing about this game is how the story built around a game that in it's core a puzzle game.
    I'm not even a fan of Portal 2's genre, but without a second though I can say it's one of my favorite games if not the.

9.1/10 Worth every penny and more. The reason I won't give it a full score is because Like I said it is still a limited action game with a story you can't affect and puzzles with one solution.
    Fantastic story, Amazing puzzles, Superb level design, Great graphics.
  77. Nov 26, 2013
    The Only Reason that I gave this game 9 out of 10 is because it sets the bar too high for other games ...
    Graphics Are good soundtracks are awesome and there is that feeling in the game the feeling that you are alone!
    Hope they make more games like this
  78. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is a true work of art. The funny and mischievous characters, the awesome gameplay mechanics, and clever storyline add up to the best game ever made for PC to date.
  79. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (2/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

80. Nov 17, 2013
    If you love creative games, you must play portal. I love Valve so much. It is an amazing sequel. Score rating Half Life 2 (10) Portal 2 (10) Left 4 Dead 2 (9) Team Fortress 2 (8).
  81. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow, what an amazing game. And I thought that no sequel could surpass the first game. Valve really took what they had and mastered it to perfection. Portal 2 is extremely funny thanks to its great sarcastic humour, the puzzles are as always lots of fun and quite challenging (not challenging enough to annoy you and take forever to solve) and now there is even a co-op option, so one canWow, what an amazing game. And I thought that no sequel could surpass the first game. Valve really took what they had and mastered it to perfection. Portal 2 is extremely funny thanks to its great sarcastic humour, the puzzles are as always lots of fun and quite challenging (not challenging enough to annoy you and take forever to solve) and now there is even a co-op option, so one can experience this awesome game with a buddy. The player made levels are also a nice touch, providing basically unlimited content. If I were to compare this to the first Portal, the gameplay pretty much stayed the same, there are just a couple new gadgets to work with while solving puzzles. The story is now much longer though, so you're unlikely to finish it in one sitting. Graphics have also improved quite a bit, even though I think that it's running on the same engine.

If you're not sure whether you should buy this, stop thinking and just do it, there is a 99% change that you will enjoy this more than whatever else you were planning on getting instead, I also recommend playing the first thing beforehand, if you haven't already done so, it should be no more than a couple euro on steam. Overall I'd give this game a 9, but a perfect score for GLaDOS.
  82. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is great, but it does drag on a bit. At least in one-player mode. I must admit that I haven't played multiplayer, so I'm giving this game the benefit of the doubt. If i end up playing multi-player and it is fantastic and amazing, I'll come back and give it a '10'
  83. Nov 14, 2013
    Portal 2 is a game that impresses with it's awesome puzzles and outstanding narrative. Impressively, even showing it's scale by the later parts of the single-player. Using the portal gun, the variations are almost endless, with the innovative mechanics being added.
    The single-player is challenging, without being frustrating. And it always stays interesting with the creative comments of the characters throughout the game which are hilarious. About the puzzles, they're extremely satisfying. It starts with the same test chambers of the original Portal, but progresses with brand new puzzles to solve, using the different mechanics.
    The co-op is revolutionary, and often difficult (again, without being frustrating). It requires strong teamwork, where the puzzles are sophisticated with different elements and mechanics. Four portals are needed to finish the tests, and it can become rather complicated. But not frustrating. To make the situation simplier, there's some helpful tools to tell your partner where to place a portal, what to activate etc. Also some goofy dances are presented.
    Creating tests became time-consuming to me, because I was experimenting with the different tools to make an innovative puzzle where other people will play. It's rewarding to see a simple system for making your own puzzles and, also, for playing others' creations.
    Narrative wise, it's just perfect. There's always an unexpected twist coming, which why this narrative succeeds. It also nails with the amazing characters who always have another clever quote to say. And the ending made me cry. About co-op's story, it's mostly fine with clever comments from GLaDOS.
    Visually, it isn't mind-blowing, but it is quite solid. It's design is flawless, and it luckily succeeds to create atmosphere. It uses an old engine, but that engine is still impressive for making good-looking games.
    The soundtrack impresses, but the voice acting is the most impressive thing about the audio. It's totally fantastic.
    Portal 2 is a work of art, and another masterpiece from the masterminds of Valve. (10.00)
  84. Nov 13, 2013
    Same as AntKiller1:

Best game that Valve made after Half Life! Singleplayer is more than satisfying, it's brilliant! Ending almost made me cry and I love credits :D Coop is amazingly executed, actually, it has best Co Op I've ever seen! Graphics are simply amazing! Lighting engine does the job excellent and textures are beautiful. It has so much player created maps, so you will
    Same as AntKiller1:

Best game that Valve made after Half Life!
    Coop is amazingly executed, actually, it has best Co Op I've ever seen!
    It has so much player created maps, so you will NEVER run out of things to do!

I totally agree you MUST buy this game!
  85. Nov 11, 2013
    What a fantastic sequel. It takes everything you liked from the first game, makes it better, and then throws in a lot more content. All without managing to ruin the spirit of the original. There's finally something to look at instead of the same dull test chamber. The story is longer and more complex, filling in a lot of the blanks from the previous game. Plus, the co-op mode is just asWhat a fantastic sequel. It takes everything you liked from the first game, makes it better, and then throws in a lot more content. All without managing to ruin the spirit of the original. There's finally something to look at instead of the same dull test chamber. The story is longer and more complex, filling in a lot of the blanks from the previous game. Plus, the co-op mode is just as good, if not better, than the single player. Expand
  86. Nov 10, 2013
    I recommend you actually play this. Even though I bought this first, (I don't have Portal 1) it is worth it. I bought it when it was $49.99, and was worth the money. This has more realistic graphics, and shaders. This game is honestly worth money. If you have only played portal 1, GET PORTAL 2. It is funny, and has warning signs saying stuff like, "In case of implosion, look directly atI recommend you actually play this. Even though I bought this first, (I don't have Portal 1) it is worth it. I bought it when it was $49.99, and was worth the money. This has more realistic graphics, and shaders. This game is honestly worth money. If you have only played portal 1, GET PORTAL 2. It is funny, and has warning signs saying stuff like, "In case of implosion, look directly at implosion." It has an interesting story, and GLaDOS isn't the enemy until Chapter 6 or 7. I'm not sure. But three words, GET. THIS. NOW.

PS: The most stupid guy here is Sprogger
  87. Nov 10, 2013
    Portal was released by Valve in 2007. It was a weird game with only 3 hours of gameplay and left fans scratching their heads on what the hell they just played. Although it was short and had a simple story (or what we thought was simple), it was very fun. Portal 2 however, brings back what we loved about the predecessor and much, much, much more.

The main story is Chell and her new

The main story is Chell and her new friend Wheatley trying to escape from Aperture Laboratories and to avoid spoilers that is as far as I will go. The backstory is much darker, however, but you will have to find that out yourself. All I will tell you is that it told us that the first Portal game had a much larger story. Back to the main game. The characters aren't forgettable and the story is amazing and is the perfect length of about 7 hours and all the new features are fun as hell.

The atmosphere of this game is the best I think I've ever seen. It makes me want to explore Aperture for myself with the amazing scenery and detail put into pretty much everything.

And even after the games singleplayer is done you can play the co-op story with friends or download custom maps.

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about this game, its one of my favourite games ever.
  88. Nov 8, 2013
    Portal 2 is a true masterpiece.The Science-Fiction atmosphere and the logical puzzles are two ingredients that makes the game greater than everything...absolutely awesome.I honestly can say that Portal 2 is the best Valve game.I really like it and I recommend it
  89. Nov 7, 2013
    The game is amazing, don't listen to all of the negative reviews. How long it takes to beat the game, sometimes depends on how well you do with puzzles. All of the negative reviews are saying bad graphics,
    -_-. Change the video settings. Hate the voices, then dont play a game with robots in it. All of the negative reviews are coming from people who dont like puzzle games, or just want to pick a fight with a portal fan.
  90. Nov 5, 2013
    This was a great sequel to an already amazing game. The problem I had with this game was the lack of replay value. Within 2 days I had already beat the single player, co-op, and had over 90% of the achievements.
  91. Oct 31, 2013
    11/10. They took a 10/10 game (Portal) and made it better.

The co-op missions are awesome and would make it worth buying the game even if they didn't improve the single player mode.
  92. Oct 29, 2013
    An absolutely brilliant game with a superb story and puzzles that will keep you on it for hours. I completed it on 2 sittings after buying it recently on steam. I have to say it is one of the greatest games that you will play. Well done Valve
  93. Oct 25, 2013
    Once upon a time there were two Portal 2 players. One of them was there mostly for the story and all the complexity behind the obvious facts. The other player, who doesn't appreciate a good drama, bought Portal 2 for the puzzles, expecting to find some hardcore obstacles to his mind, just like he did in Portal. The first player reviewed the game as absolutely fantastic, while the other oneOnce upon a time there were two Portal 2 players. One of them was there mostly for the story and all the complexity behind the obvious facts. The other player, who doesn't appreciate a good drama, bought Portal 2 for the puzzles, expecting to find some hardcore obstacles to his mind, just like he did in Portal. The first player reviewed the game as absolutely fantastic, while the other one reviewed it as a bad/average game, for it is too easy compared with its predecessor; however, the second player didn't think about how much he learned to work things out with portals on the first version of the game and how that knowledge may have eased his play-through on the second one.
    Some people are rating this game so bad because they found it easy... When I was playing Portal 1 the final puzzles were pretty easy too, because I got used with the whole portals concept. When I played Portal 2 I also found it somehow easy, but I talked to some people who played it for curiosity, even though they had not played the prequel, and guess what? They found it very hard.
    Stop saying the game is bad because you finished it fast. If you are doing so you probably did not even understand the story and all its details.
  94. Oct 22, 2013
    This game is amazing! It took everything that the original portal did right and improved greatly upon it.
    The gameplay is better, the characters are more funny, adn the story is amazing!!!
  95. Oct 21, 2013
    The perfect sequel to the original Portal game. Interactions with Wheatley and Glados really brings in an appropriate atmosphere. Surprisingly, the game is still running on Valve's Source engine however the graphics are much improved and efficient. Going through the developer's commentary, you'll realize a lot of though has been put into this game. Valve please count to 3.
  96. Oct 15, 2013
    A novelty. It's an amazing sequel, an outstanding production made by Valve. The portal concept still continues to appeal me after all this time, and the puzzles are way more complex and fun than the first game, which could take an hour to complete if you had played it already. This time, this game is on average a 6 8 hour game the first you play it, which is indeed expect-able for aA novelty. It's an amazing sequel, an outstanding production made by Valve. The portal concept still continues to appeal me after all this time, and the puzzles are way more complex and fun than the first game, which could take an hour to complete if you had played it already. This time, this game is on average a 6 8 hour game the first you play it, which is indeed expect-able for a typical Valve game, although the game can be 4 hours if you're skilled. The graphics, engine, concept, characters, voices... they're all amazing! Oh, and did I mention there's a co-op storyline? And with the recent updates Valve has made, like customly made Portal 2 maps, the fun never ends, with dozens and dozens of community-made maps that will keep you portaling for hours! This game is definitely worth the 20 bucks, and even the 50 bucks it once was. (Well, now it is with the community-made maps!) Expand
  97. Oct 10, 2013
    Awesome game, just like the first one! The campaign is really immersive and the co-op is very fun to play with a friend. The achievements are very challenging.
  98. Oct 6, 2013
    When I first started this game I thought it was way too similar to the first one. But until you've completed it, you ain't seen nothing. New levels, gameplay elements, a new character and the actual game is quite long. To do the original Portal without cheating (looking up solutions) it took about 4 hours or less but this is 9 hours. There's AT LEAST twice, if not quadrupple the content inWhen I first started this game I thought it was way too similar to the first one. But until you've completed it, you ain't seen nothing. New levels, gameplay elements, a new character and the actual game is quite long. To do the original Portal without cheating (looking up solutions) it took about 4 hours or less but this is 9 hours. There's AT LEAST twice, if not quadrupple the content in terms of the length, so however long it took you to complete portal 1 in first try just triple it. From start to end, the game never fails to keep you entertained and laughing all the way. Very funny humour, easy to understand, excellent voice acting. Really, the only criticism I have of this game is the highly outdated graphics, but considering it's still using the Source engine it's not bad if you think of the graphics being 2004 standard. Want to know the greatest thing? The challenge mode no longer has least steps! YES!!!! No more stupid glitching. It's just least time and least portals. Considering the number of levels in this game, and the co-op there's easily enough content here to last even the most logical gamer a fair while. A must play if you've not played the original. It's better in every possible way. I don't think this game could have done more in any area. Gameplay objects such as bridges, propulsion gels and excursion funnels as well as drastic improvements in story-telling, level design, characters and overall length make this a true sequel. What's more, the co-op challenges are much more satisfying and fun than the campaign ones because of their witty humour and difficult but not frustrating (i.e. you can finish without a guide) level design. The ability to play cross-platform with PS3 players and official split-screen support make this game even more special. Add in the very intuitive level editor and community levels and you've got a complete package. Portal 2 is one of those games that defines the medium. It is educational, fun, funny and suitable for people of all ages and genders. There really is nothing like it. It's the only game which EVERYBODY should play due to its accessibility, quality and concept. Expand
  99. Sep 29, 2013
    (This review is for the single player game only) For those not familiar, Portal and Portal II are puzzle games that use the same viewpoint and controls of a first-person-shooter. Not quite as groundbreaking as the first Portal, but miles ahead in terms of graphics and gameplay. A bunch of new gameplay mechanics were added, and the mood and graphics were enhanced compared to the first(This review is for the single player game only) For those not familiar, Portal and Portal II are puzzle games that use the same viewpoint and controls of a first-person-shooter. Not quite as groundbreaking as the first Portal, but miles ahead in terms of graphics and gameplay. A bunch of new gameplay mechanics were added, and the mood and graphics were enhanced compared to the first Portal. The game seemed longer, and the humor was great. The comic relief character Wheatley played by Stephen Merchant was excellent. There are parts of the game that are very dark and foreboding, parts that are ridiculous and zany, and parts that are just plain weird. This is a must-play game for anyone that likes puzzles, a true classic game. Expand
  100. Sep 29, 2013
    Fundamentally more or less the same experience as the first game added stuff (co-op mode), the puzzles are lucid, compelling, and most importantly: fun. Any sense of repetition is negated by the witty, well-written dialogue.

1. Oct 20, 2011