8.8

1. Oct 6, 2013
    When I first started this game I thought it was way too similar to the first one. But until you've completed it, you ain't seen nothing. New levels, gameplay elements, a new character and the actual game is quite long. To do the original Portal without cheating (looking up solutions) it took about 4 hours or less but this is 9 hours. There's AT LEAST twice, if not quadrupple the content inWhen I first started this game I thought it was way too similar to the first one. But until you've completed it, you ain't seen nothing. New levels, gameplay elements, a new character and the actual game is quite long. To do the original Portal without cheating (looking up solutions) it took about 4 hours or less but this is 9 hours. There's AT LEAST twice, if not quadrupple the content in terms of the length, so however long it took you to complete portal 1 in first try just triple it. From start to end, the game never fails to keep you entertained and laughing all the way. Very funny humour, easy to understand, excellent voice acting. Really, the only criticism I have of this game is the highly outdated graphics, but considering it's still using the Source engine it's not bad if you think of the graphics being 2004 standard. Want to know the greatest thing? The challenge mode no longer has least steps! YES!!!! No more stupid glitching. It's just least time and least portals. Considering the number of levels in this game, and the co-op there's easily enough content here to last even the most logical gamer a fair while. A must play if you've not played the original. It's better in every possible way. I don't think this game could have done more in any area. Gameplay objects such as bridges, propulsion gels and excursion funnels as well as drastic improvements in story-telling, level design, characters and overall length make this a true sequel. What's more, the co-op challenges are much more satisfying and fun than the campaign ones because of their witty humour and difficult but not frustrating (i.e. you can finish without a guide) level design. The ability to play cross-platform with PS3 players and official split-screen support make this game even more special. Add in the very intuitive level editor and community levels and you've got a complete package. Portal 2 is one of those games that defines the medium. It is educational, fun, funny and suitable for people of all ages and genders. There really is nothing like it. It's the only game which EVERYBODY should play due to its accessibility, quality and concept. Expand
  2. Sep 29, 2013
    (This review is for the single player game only) For those not familiar, Portal and Portal II are puzzle games that use the same viewpoint and controls of a first-person-shooter. Not quite as groundbreaking as the first Portal, but miles ahead in terms of graphics and gameplay. A bunch of new gameplay mechanics were added, and the mood and graphics were enhanced compared to the first(This review is for the single player game only) For those not familiar, Portal and Portal II are puzzle games that use the same viewpoint and controls of a first-person-shooter. Not quite as groundbreaking as the first Portal, but miles ahead in terms of graphics and gameplay. A bunch of new gameplay mechanics were added, and the mood and graphics were enhanced compared to the first Portal. The game seemed longer, and the humor was great. The comic relief character Wheatley played by Stephen Merchant was excellent. There are parts of the game that are very dark and foreboding, parts that are ridiculous and zany, and parts that are just plain weird. This is a must-play game for anyone that likes puzzles, a true classic game. Expand
  3. Sep 24, 2013
    The reason that Portal 2 is a perfect game is obvious: there's nothing wrong with it. No obvious glitches, VERY few trivial problems (Graphics aren't PERFECT, but are great, nonetheless), and excel in every way a game should excel in. Story is fantastic, acting and dialogue is a unique highlight, the game has a very fitting atmosphere, and the puzzles never get frustratingly hard, butThe reason that Portal 2 is a perfect game is obvious: there's nothing wrong with it. No obvious glitches, VERY few trivial problems (Graphics aren't PERFECT, but are great, nonetheless), and excel in every way a game should excel in. Story is fantastic, acting and dialogue is a unique highlight, the game has a very fitting atmosphere, and the puzzles never get frustratingly hard, but require you to put your new knowledge to the test. Portal 2 is truly a grand successor to the first Portal, and as well as all puzzle games. Expand
  4. Sep 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I finished this game i just could only think on GLADos, Chell and Cave Johnson for a whole week. The atmosphere is incredible. Because it isn´t the typical game with it´s story it´s even more VALVE took all the great ideas of portal and the great background story of HL and mixed them and create something new and unique. Expand
  5. Sep 5, 2013
    SPROGGER you're an idiot. Nothing to add. What a retarded. I don't understand useless idiots like you, stop bashing great game you retarded. I'm glad that you aren't a professional reviewer because you don't have the intelligence.
  6. Sep 1, 2013
    While the story and puzzles are good the main success's was the co-op and humor the story is better and the new characters those robots in co-op and Wheatly are excellent characters and Wheatly's voice acting is the best ever that guy deserves a award well okay maybe Vaas actor Michael Mando is better but still this is a really good game
  7. Aug 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An absolutely wonderful game, which is as unique as it is brilliant. The story line invites the player to participate, from start to finish, while also offering great entertainment. The puzzles may have you waking from your sleep, and saying I've got it" as they are clever but not unsolvable. A community of puzzle builders will keep your mind working as long as it is willing. Expand
  8. Aug 31, 2013
    Wow, a great game. Although it wasn't quite like Portal, I still loved it. Portal was quite dark and sometimes creepy. But Portal 2 was mostly humorous, which wasn't bad either! Overall I would easily recommend this game to anyone!
  9. Aug 30, 2013
    The gameplay is better than the first game because they added some new elements to the game. But the best thing from this game is the story. You'll be shocked when you know the true relationship between Chell and GLaDOS.
  10. Aug 22, 2013
    I am a totally biased fangirl and if i think of one game deserving the title "masterpiece", "portal 2" is the first one coming to my mind.

I love this game so much, that my wedding ring is one part of a portal-ring. This game is as close to perfection as a game can be for my personal taste. I loved portal 1 and portal 2 gave me more of this but enough new things to get me all over excited AND let me experience the love for this game with other people without the co-op feeling weirdly constructed.
    The writing is off the chart well. It had me in tears also thanks to the superb voice acting. I felt challenged by the puzzles, entertained by the story, intrigued by the settings. At a game like this i am always surprised that while playing it the immersion does not break, because I never really can do something that "breaks" a puzzle. Many, many games are so full of glitches and unintended short cuts, that this is worth noting.
    Thank you for releasing a complete game. Well constructed, a worthy successor to an insanely popular game where so many things could have gone wrong. Thank you thank you thank you.
  11. Aug 16, 2013
    this game is just the best game you will ever play...had to get this game across multiple platforms. best game play and best story line, u cant go wrong with it.
  12. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is epic to a degree that astonish me. Story is great. Characters are great. Art, music, gameplay, everything about this game it's pure epicness poured into a orange gel ready for you to test with. The only little flaw that I can see it's the lack of some of the timing aspects in puzzles that in the first episode were present, and the fact that sometimes the solution to puzzlesThis game is epic to a degree that astonish me. Story is great. Characters are great. Art, music, gameplay, everything about this game it's pure epicness poured into a orange gel ready for you to test with. The only little flaw that I can see it's the lack of some of the timing aspects in puzzles that in the first episode were present, and the fact that sometimes the solution to puzzles it's too much evident because you can only put the portal on the right spot. Beside that, I loved every bit of it, and I'm kind of sad because I know that I'm likely not going to play anything this good for a long time. Expand
  13. Aug 15, 2013
    Taking a game like Portal, which story was bland and basic because of how Valve was trying something new, and giving it such a huge amount of story and character development is outstanding. I would not expect anything less from Valve.

Portal thrusts you into the future version of aperture as you desperately try and escape from Glados. Plot takes over and crazy stuff happens that you should experience for yourself, but its amazing. The puzzles are outstanding and some will leave you thinking for a good 20 minutes as you pick your brain and think of a number of different ways to use portals, cubes, lasers and turrets to your advantage. Once again Valve leaves you with only a portal gun while you try and figure out how to complete boss battles and objectives with nothing but your mind. Genius's had to have made this game, that much thought was put into it.

The Coop part of this is epic as well along with its own story. Great fun to play with a friend if you feel like using 4 portals instead of 2 to solve problems.

I pre-ordered this game like I do every Valve game with high hopes in my mind, somehow this game surpassed my high hopes and made my jaw drop. Truly a great game and you should place it at the top of your, "To Buy List."
  14. Aug 12, 2013
    An excellent sequel to one of my favorite games Thank god it was longer than the first one, those puzzles were too easy. It was probably difficult for some because the mechanics were much more different than many were used to... but again, Portal 1 is so much shorter.

To whoever said the physics were broken: Time to get a new PC, man...
  15. Aug 10, 2013
    The game is absolutely amazing. It has great puzzles, great story and the multiplayer addition makes it just so much better. The puzzles are engaging and require a great deal of teamwork in multiplayer. Definitely a game that is going to take a lot of your free hours.
  16. Aug 9, 2013
    One of my favorite games ever. Valve did make an awesome puzzlegame, which contains action, challenging levels and a great story; not so often founf in this kind a games.

For me clearly a 10/10.
  17. Aug 9, 2013
    This game has a great story, which will keep you playing for hours or even days. Also, the Co-Op function will add to this play time when you have a friend to solve puzzles with. And as an PC exclusive, the Puzzle Maker will add endless possibilites to have fun. Definitely best game of 2011.
  18. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is wonderful. It's ..i think.. the best game from Valve.The story is great but the atmosphere bring this game to higher level. The characters are unique and awesome. Weathley have such a funny character. He's in a certain way, really idiotic but it makes this game more humoristic.

This game would not be the same without Glados and Wheatley.

It's simply a wonderful game.
  19. Jul 29, 2013
    Very great gameplay and lots of fun. campain was great and coop is just as fun! and steam has added the option to add your own maps with steam workshop (i know you can move the maps into the folder) which makes it alot easier to add maps to portal 2!

Overall i give this game a 10/10 for single player, coop and the extra things to keep the game fun! one of many great games from valve!!
  20. Jul 28, 2013
    Portal 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. Not only Valve was able to create one of the most amazing story lines ever created, but they were able to do so using only three characters and a mute protagonist. There are literally no words to describe how amazing this game is, but lucky for you, Valve is even more awesome than their games, and will let you purchase it for just a fewPortal 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. Not only Valve was able to create one of the most amazing story lines ever created, but they were able to do so using only three characters and a mute protagonist. There are literally no words to describe how amazing this game is, but lucky for you, Valve is even more awesome than their games, and will let you purchase it for just a few euros, you don't even need to have a good pc, the Source Engine can be run even by the worst laptops on the market.

And here comes my main reason that makes this the best game ever created: Wheatley. It's just incredible how Valve could create such an expressive and fun character out of an anonymous core from the first game. He has so many face expressions that's almost unbelievable, and Stephen Merchant's voice fits just perfectly for him that you'll just get dragged into the story without even noticing it.

Every time you'll think the game gave you everything, there will be a plot-twist awaiting you.

I actually bought 5 copies of this game, one for PS3, one for PC, and three for friends. The console port is perfect, don't listen to the people that say otherwise.
  21. Jul 28, 2013
    The best Valve game (yes, better than HL2!). This game is an absolute joy from start to end, with humorous and puzzling situations. If you haven't played the first one... Well still do that, but you HAVE to play this one IMMEDIATELY after!
  22. Jul 27, 2013
    VALVE did it againg. AMAZING game arrived on our PCs.
    Portal 2 is SUPER fun, logic, at the end little bit hard. Just a little. Features Co-Op which is done very, very, very well. Glados and Wheatly are funny etc. etc..
    VALVE did it againg. AMAZING game arrived on our PCs.
    Anyway, I´m huge gamer, but I don´t spend too much time at FPS games, I´m more RTS fan 19 hour STRAIGHT), this game is my personal favorite and record (11 hour straight)...
    BUY IT
  23. Jul 27, 2013
    Well, this is by far one of the best puzzle games I have ever played! I loved the storyline and the cooperative mode made the whole experience even more interesting and amusing. I was also excited by the PeTI (Perpetual Testing Initiative) that gave me the ability to create my own puzzles as well as to enjoy the mind-blowing creations of other users.
  24. Jul 25, 2013
    Portal 2 is the sequel of Portal and much better! It has new gaming features, you can play in coop and buld and play community maps! The game has much humor and is just brilliant.
  25. Jul 23, 2013
    To all the people giving bad reviews: did you guys even play the game?? if you did, then you should know it's a masterpiece. If you didn't, the please don't rate.
  26. Jul 21, 2013
    Game has a great story, Simple logic and toughtfull puzzles. Good atmosphare and tons of easter eggs to find out.(that means look every sing e CORNER) the game is based on using 2 portals by the blue and orange portal. when you go true orange portal u get to blue portal exit and when you go to blue portal you get to orange exit. With 2 of these portals you nead to slove puzzles in aGame has a great story, Simple logic and toughtfull puzzles. Good atmosphare and tons of easter eggs to find out.(that means look every sing e CORNER) the game is based on using 2 portals by the blue and orange portal. when you go true orange portal u get to blue portal exit and when you go to blue portal you get to orange exit. With 2 of these portals you nead to slove puzzles in a atmospharic and fun way. The story is prety well and you can build your own test chambers... you only nead to think with portals. You can play gam single player or coop, You can also play on campaing or comunity maps in bought type.You will find your self thinking a lot with your friends. Expand
  27. Jul 19, 2013
    One of the best games ever made, certainly one of the best from the modern gaming era. Amazing ambiance, hilarious and sometimes deep/touching story. It has some good puzzles, but I feel like overall its an interactive story leaning more into the adventure genre.

Portal 2 offers a lot of playtime with some replayability. Its a game you'll love and the quotes will get stuck in your head.

It may be a little too smart or not pretentious enough for some people. I'm not really sure why anyone would give this game a negative review, except to arbitrarily counter all the positive ones.
  28. Jul 18, 2013
    I'm absolutely taken aback at just how good this game is. I finished the first Portal in just under 2 days, and loved every second of it. Portal 2 is leaps and bounds better than Portal 1, and I didn't think that would have been possible. One of the best games I have ever played, and likely ever will.
  29. Jul 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WARNING SPOILERS!
    Alright lets first talk about story the story is its the sequel to portal 1 and your in a hotel room and a robot comes in and moves it somewhere else and you explore the ruins of aperture science and awaken glados then you get to the puzzle part of the game than...well lets just say the game gets a lot different after
    Now gameplay
    The gameplay is nice and fun your brain will be exercising when solving these puzzles and more things
    and thats it
    Have fun playing!
  30. Jul 17, 2013
    Portal was fun, it has some good puzzles but it was WAY too short! Portal 2, on the other hand, is a much longer, much better game. The writing was great, the humor fit well with the game and kind of made fun of the fact Chell can't talk. New mechanics are introduced all the time, keeping the game fresh. The puzzles were all different, some involve manipulating turrets, and some had youPortal was fun, it has some good puzzles but it was WAY too short! Portal 2, on the other hand, is a much longer, much better game. The writing was great, the humor fit well with the game and kind of made fun of the fact Chell can't talk. New mechanics are introduced all the time, keeping the game fresh. The puzzles were all different, some involve manipulating turrets, and some had you spamming goo everywhere. But Portal 2 is not perfect. Some of the puzzles weren't very fun as they were either WAY too easy or just not creative enough, but luckily the great puzzles are enough the forgive the flaws. And one of the biggest features of Portal 2 is multiplayer. And no it's not just playing through the exact same game except the players only control 1 portal, it's an entirely new game, filled with new 4-portal puzzles and funny gestures. Oh yeah, did I mention you play as Robots?! The interactions with GLaDOSE are really cool because you are robots. The multiplayer is basically it's own game!

From the great puzzles, humor and multiplayer, this game definitely deserves a 9.3/10.
  31. Jul 12, 2013
    I love this game so much, I would never stop playing it if they made portal 3.
    Dear Valve, this game is great, and you really should consider making portal 3!
  32. Jul 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is without a doubt the best game I have ever played in my life. the game is funny as hell, the puzzles make you, think the characters are some of the best in gaming history. The first Portal game was unforgettable. It was a game i got with the Orange Box and did not expect to like but ended up loving to death. this is Valves magic at its best, The story from beginning to end. And me personally think this game had the best ending to a game period. It had a clever twist wraps up story great, sending weatley out in to space, awesome, Glados letting you go and the turret opera awesome! Want You gone not as amazing as Still Alive but still Awesome. Plus This game comes with Co-op campaign you can play with a buddy whitch exceeded my expectations the most challenging part of the game because you have to work together with 4 portals. and has great replay value. Speaking of replay value if you want an infinite amount of it get the Pc version where you can make your own test chambers single player and co-op. Do your self a favor and buy Portal 2 you will be glad you did. Expand
  33. Jul 5, 2013
    This game is the definition of excellence. The puzzles are challenging, and the writing is simply amazing, I have never seen a video game where the characters are so well written that I feel like I actually know them. The co-op offers hours of fun, (as does the actual campaign), and when you're done with those, you can go on and create your own levels and try some of the communities levelsThis game is the definition of excellence. The puzzles are challenging, and the writing is simply amazing, I have never seen a video game where the characters are so well written that I feel like I actually know them. The co-op offers hours of fun, (as does the actual campaign), and when you're done with those, you can go on and create your own levels and try some of the communities levels via Steam Workshop. This game deserves the good ratings its been getting and is an excellent sequel to its predecessor, Portal. Expand
  34. Jul 5, 2013
    For some reason the best thing in this charming puzzle game is the dialogue. Sure, the puzzles are quite engaging and stuff but Portal 2 would be a 7 at max if there wasnt this brilliant writing and equally great voice acting. The addition of co-op is great but it isnt so hard when you have two people thinking what to do. The PC version is by far the best one thanks to Steam Workshop and aFor some reason the best thing in this charming puzzle game is the dialogue. Sure, the puzzles are quite engaging and stuff but Portal 2 would be a 7 at max if there wasnt this brilliant writing and equally great voice acting. The addition of co-op is great but it isnt so hard when you have two people thinking what to do. The PC version is by far the best one thanks to Steam Workshop and a 75% sale every 3 days.

8.7 for PC
    8.0 for consoles.
  35. Jun 24, 2013
    A great game overall, quite challenging with a dark atmosphere enligthened by pOtatOs, Wheatley, and Cave Johnson's registered voice. The storyline was actually impressive.
    The game itself and the coop are quite fun to play, particularly if you play the latter for goofing around with a close buddy and f*** things up.
    However, the replay value of this game is very low, as once you have

However, the replay value of this game is very low, as once you have completed it, you have completed it. What I mean is that there is almost always only one way of solving a puzzle, and if you remember it you can easily do it, which is kinda uninteresting.

Unless you feel up to do a speedrun.
  36. Jun 23, 2013
    Portal 2 is better than Portal in every way possible. There are more puzzles that are more complicated, a plot with an unexpected twist, online gameplay, and SDK which we can make our own maps with. Portal 1 was great, but Portal 2 is better
  37. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 2 is inarguably the hallmark game of this generation. It reminds players of how games should be played and develelopers of how games should be made. A sequel to the 2007 critically acclaimed Portal, Portal 2 still manages to top its predecessor in almost every aspect: from level designing, gameplay mechanics to the more wow-able factors of the series: story and characters. Portal 2 is a great break from the mass of games today that concentrates too much on players' characterization and multiple gameplay oriented endings. Portal 2 is pre-scripted, yet the game not at once failed to awe its audience: an eerily beautiful and mystifying journey that twists and turns here and there, keeping everyone on their heels for what's to come. Portal 2 is a must-have for all who believe in the bright future of gaming, for all who would enjoy a beautiful cinematic movie or a richly written book. Expand
  38. Jun 7, 2013
    Portal 2 does the impossible. It makes an already perfect game even more so. The graphics and enviormental art are much more interesting than it's predicessor and adds another humurously dark plot with even more characters. The plot has been expanded to make this a full game unlike portal 1. Better yet there is a co-op mode with a whole slew of maps that are great with friends. And thePortal 2 does the impossible. It makes an already perfect game even more so. The graphics and enviormental art are much more interesting than it's predicessor and adds another humurously dark plot with even more characters. The plot has been expanded to make this a full game unlike portal 1. Better yet there is a co-op mode with a whole slew of maps that are great with friends. And the best part of this game is there are easy map editing tools with the steam workshop, so even when you complete the lengthy single-player and co-op campaigns, you will be given infinite amount of replayability. Defenitly worth the $20 bucks and 150+ hours Expand
  39. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is perfect... basically if you are looking for a fun time and a new experience play this game. It is not the same game as Portal 1. Valve made the game a longer and more modern game, instead of the indie style of Portal 1.
  40. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    Portal was good but this second installment really borders on perfection. Clever, funny, interesting: it never stops to be funny. Co-Op part of the game is great too.
  41. May 29, 2013
    A fantastically fun adventure, with awesome characters, a dark and atmospheric environment, interesting storyline. One of my personal favorite games, and valve's best so far. Would recommend to anyone.
  42. May 25, 2013
    greatest puzzle game to date. a brilliant game. its also the funniest game to date. its just hilarious!!!! the puzzles here are just exellent, and their just in the right place, it makes you think, but it doesnt et irritating, and its always possible to find the solution. he game is super funny!!!! there are also a lot of elements that change the puzzles and make them much better!!!greatest puzzle game to date. a brilliant game. its also the funniest game to date. its just hilarious!!!! the puzzles here are just exellent, and their just in the right place, it makes you think, but it doesnt et irritating, and its always possible to find the solution. he game is super funny!!!! there are also a lot of elements that change the puzzles and make them much better!!!
    negatives: the graphics are old!! the game look pretty old. the other problema is that some of the locations feel repetetive and bland.
    beside this little issues this is a really fun and brilliant game!!!!!!
  43. May 20, 2013
    Great game, recommended for anyone. Funny characters, simple yet interesting storyline, highly atmospheric environment. The puzzles mess with your head at first, but as the game progresses, you just start using portals as naturally as walking. Only downside is this game is not very replayable, by its nature. I'd replay the heck out of it otherwise.
  44. May 14, 2013
    Portal 2 is everything a video game should be. It's thrilling at times, fun and hilarious from start to finish, entertaining, the perfect balance between realism and fiction, and it's simply a work of scientific art. The only minor downsides are the frequent loadingscreens and the Advanced Testchambers that were left out, but thanks to Steam's Workshop you can create your own maps and playPortal 2 is everything a video game should be. It's thrilling at times, fun and hilarious from start to finish, entertaining, the perfect balance between realism and fiction, and it's simply a work of scientific art. The only minor downsides are the frequent loadingscreens and the Advanced Testchambers that were left out, but thanks to Steam's Workshop you can create your own maps and play those of others, adding countless hours of fan dedication to both singpleplayer and coöperative experiences. Expand
  45. Apr 28, 2013
    fun new mechanics, great voice-acting, funny dialog... am i the only one who almost cried at the ending song? and the sense of freedom that makes you reflect on life... this is the pinnacle of interactive experience folks.
    haven't tried any of the custom made maps, but that's just a bonus. i'm going to try to get my fiancee to go through the co-op with me. wish me luck!
  46. Apr 27, 2013
    So much could've gone wrong during the development of Portal 2, yet Valve accomplishes the impossible and outdoes its predecessor in almost every way without giving the feeling of deja vu. The game includes plenty of new tools to experiment with, a much more expanded world, debut characters, and a more complex storyline than the original. The biggest new assets to the series are theSo much could've gone wrong during the development of Portal 2, yet Valve accomplishes the impossible and outdoes its predecessor in almost every way without giving the feeling of deja vu. The game includes plenty of new tools to experiment with, a much more expanded world, debut characters, and a more complex storyline than the original. The biggest new assets to the series are the additions of Wheatley and Cave Johnson (voice acted by Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmons respectively). Although I was GLaD that Ellen McLain returns in this sequel, these fresh AIs are also brilliant in their own rights. Wheatley is an energetic personality core with plenty of cleverly written and performed lines. The same can be said of Aperture boss Cave Johnson, who feels as if were born for the task. GLaDOs is charmingly evil, as in the previous installment, but more sarcastic this time around, especially when she awakens and desperately attempts to rebuild the labs. There are, according to Valve Software, about four hundred lines of dialogue in the entire game, and not one fails to entertain. But new faces aren't the only first-timers, Valve also adds in plenty of new gameplay elements to toy around with. From gels to tractor beams to light bridges to lens blocks and more, there is a ton of introductions to the game. Now, the original Portal was fairly difficult even with only buttons, cubes, and your portal gun, so it may seem overwhelming at first with all this brand new content, but Valve ushers them in slowly so you can understand their mechanics before using them in clever ways. Speaking of which, the game is challenging, but never frustrating, letting you have fun while still satisfying after solving an exceptionally hard puzzle. The environment is now much expanded, allowing you to see more than just test chambers. Also visible are the surrounding areas, overgrown with vegetation and scrambling back into place once you enter the room. The Source Engine allows for slick graphics and realistic physics, although some may consider it to be a bit of a step back from more modern video games such as Crysis, Uncharted, or Rage that look astounding. The writing is consistently funny, a nice companion to the more serious tone of the story. Just like the original, there are plenty of twists and turns in the plotline to keep you engaged. The story itself is fantastic, allowing for you to discover the past events of Aperture Laboratories and giving the characters some nice and surprising developments along the way. The soundtrack is beloved with hits like Want You Gone and Exile Vilify pleasing the ears. Portal 2 is a puzzle game, if you haven't known already, so expect to use your brain a lot. The game makes you feel incredibly smart, a reward for passing some of the more challenging but never unfair levels. The entire story is told through experience, just like the original. There are no in-game cutscenes as in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves or Red Dead Redemption. Instead, the story progresses as you go, allowing for a more personal participation in the game. Once you're done with the single player mode, there is a cooperative mode, which is, in some ways, even better. You connect online via Steam and use either voice chat or a surprisingly effective set of visual cues to inform your partner on where to place portals. Valve takes full advantage of this and creates mind-bending puzzles that require FULL teamwork. If you do not contribute, there is no way to advance the game. This mode also continues the story after the single player campaign, so if you want more of Portal, this is a great way to progress the game. There are also two DLCs to look over (Peer Review and Perpetual Testing Initiative). Peer Review is the third part of the Portal 2 storyline and continues the co-op gameplay while Perpetual Testing Initiative allows for you to create YOUR OWN PUZZLES and launch them to the world. You can also subscribe to other people's creations leading to endless replayability. The Steam Workshop allows for simple ways to build stages instead of level builders that require more time spent on experimenting to perfect it than actually making your puzzles. Each of these updates is free and adds a significant amount of replay value to an already incredible game. Portal 2 is the best game I've ever played. It may seem too much of an overstatement, but it truly is spectacular. The writing, the characters, the story, the stages, the level editor, the co-op all are put together to create a truly unique experience. This first-person puzzle game has captured my heart, just as the original did, but this time, I can truly say that this is a masterpiece. There are also fifty or so achievements to try your hand at. Each of them are fun to attempt most of them shouldn't be too difficult,. There is also the developer's commentary which brings an exciting new look at the making of the game. Portal 2 is one of those rare titles that you lose sleep over. Expand
  47. Apr 26, 2013
    If I say "The cake is a lie" or if I draw you a blue and orange circle and some stick-mens, you know of what I'm talking about. When Portal took our attention, we didn't expected the sequel, but it comes and it comes the way we wanted to. Elaborated Story, more details, beautiful graphics, multiplayer. The "Steam workshop" brings us the possibility to make maps, even models and to share itIf I say "The cake is a lie" or if I draw you a blue and orange circle and some stick-mens, you know of what I'm talking about. When Portal took our attention, we didn't expected the sequel, but it comes and it comes the way we wanted to. Elaborated Story, more details, beautiful graphics, multiplayer. The "Steam workshop" brings us the possibility to make maps, even models and to share it to all the Portal community. Portal 2's got more than the name, it has got the honnor to be with the best games of all times, and This is proved. Expand
  48. Apr 17, 2013
    I loved this game, just like I loved the first one. Single player was great. Multiplayer is fun but I would like some pairing beyond friends and random. I played with random people and had a lot of fun with one person I played with and just wasted time with the other 5 or 6 attempts. People would either just mess around (die intentionally on the title screens) or about how bad I wasI loved this game, just like I loved the first one. Single player was great. Multiplayer is fun but I would like some pairing beyond friends and random. I played with random people and had a lot of fun with one person I played with and just wasted time with the other 5 or 6 attempts. People would either just mess around (die intentionally on the title screens) or about how bad I was without showing any signs of knowing how to get any further. Some sort of ranking would help. Expand
  49. Apr 8, 2013
    There are simply no words able to describe the perfection of this game.
    The rest I write is just to fill the 150 word character limit, to submit this review.
  50. Apr 4, 2013
    It's really nice and smooth gameplay. The puzzles may aquire little bit of portalish thinking. Really nice puzzle from Valve. They did a great job again. Kudos. it could have been a little bit longer though. But there is also custom maps made by community of Portal 2. I recommend buying the first one as well, because it drags you to story better. They both have good story. I just love theIt's really nice and smooth gameplay. The puzzles may aquire little bit of portalish thinking. Really nice puzzle from Valve. They did a great job again. Kudos. it could have been a little bit longer though. But there is also custom maps made by community of Portal 2. I recommend buying the first one as well, because it drags you to story better. They both have good story. I just love the feeling when you do some badass jump and you don't hurt yourself at all with your badass boots. There is good music. Really fits. Funny achievements. Expand
  51. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is awesome. I have no idea what you guys in the negative reviews are talking about with "short story" and "easy puzzles." Most of the puzzles are fairly challenging and there's a good 8 hours of story. If you have EVER played a valve game, you know not to expect maybe more than 8 hours of story, with the exception of the original Half-Life which had about 10. The game is a goodThis game is awesome. I have no idea what you guys in the negative reviews are talking about with "short story" and "easy puzzles." Most of the puzzles are fairly challenging and there's a good 8 hours of story. If you have EVER played a valve game, you know not to expect maybe more than 8 hours of story, with the exception of the original Half-Life which had about 10. The game is a good buy. It has a relatively good story, with good puzzles, and some good humor. Very likable characters. Sure, the multiplayer isn't much. But it's not really fair to effect the score so much. Portal 2 was designed solely around Singleplayer and if you really expect a co-op puzzle game to work well, your hopes are way too high. The music is pretty good. Sorry, but there aren't as many "the cake is a lie" in this as there was in the first one. I'm giving this game a 9 because I'm hesitant to give it a full 10. It's probably about 9.4. But it's a good game for all ages and as long as you don't have ADHD and can't make it past the first 10 minutes or so, it's very fun. Expand
  52. Mar 28, 2013
    Nice game, nice story.At some levels you have to think a lot for the solution, but this is what makes it fun.Graphics are quite good considering that its working with Source
  53. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is the BEST game human mind ever created. I'm serious. This is the pearl of gamemaking it is perfect game really perfect without any flaws. Plot is simply AMAZING, such great history would make high five to any Lucas film. Gameplay is very unique and entertaining. And this graphics, this surroundings underground laboratories, it is like you really have been there. This is notThis game is the BEST game human mind ever created. I'm serious. This is the pearl of gamemaking it is perfect game really perfect without any flaws. Plot is simply AMAZING, such great history would make high five to any Lucas film. Gameplay is very unique and entertaining. And this graphics, this surroundings underground laboratories, it is like you really have been there. This is not even 10-10, this is beyond and mark, no game can compete with Portal 2. Expand
  54. Mar 21, 2013
    Before Portal I've never played any puzzle game before, but I saw people love it so I caught it on sale.
    Portal 2 is amazing, funny, long and interesting. The plot was interesting and unpredictable and the graphics proved that the Source engine can also be pretty. Now with the workshop evolved too, Portal 2 is simply a stream of endless fun. I highly recommend.
  55. Mar 17, 2013
    Everything you'd expect from Valve; deep and interesting story, puzzles that aren't too easy but aren't too hard, fantastic humour and beautiful graphics. One of my favourite games of all time.
  56. Mar 11, 2013
    The engaging, mind-bending gameplay of the original with a few twists, the same fantastic voice acting, and the best narrative in video game history. Rarely is the medium handled with such technical and artistic proficiency. Simply the best.
  57. Mar 9, 2013
    This is a fantastic game and way better than the first one in most cases. First of all the game now has a story! And not just any story a pretty good one. And yea there was a bit story in the end of the first game, but in the start it wasn't really anything but test solving. Speaking about the tests they've also become way more interesting and challenging than in the first game. There haveThis is a fantastic game and way better than the first one in most cases. First of all the game now has a story! And not just any story a pretty good one. And yea there was a bit story in the end of the first game, but in the start it wasn't really anything but test solving. Speaking about the tests they've also become way more interesting and challenging than in the first game. There have been added lots of new things to make the game more interesting like gels and lasers. Besides that the game also has a co-op mode, which is extremely fun to play with your freinds, especially when you're just trolling each other. And lastly the "jokes" or rather insults that GlaDos come up with are so much fun in this game and really adds the missing component to make this one of the best games ever. Expand
  58. Feb 23, 2013
    HOLY CRAP! I haven't even finished this game and I can tell that the storyline is epic! Screw the others who say this game is dung! I say that this is a game I would recommend to anyone who is AWESOME!
    (which is everyone)
  59. Feb 15, 2013
    This game is very different from most puzzle games. It has an amazing story line that I could not argue with, and not only that, but the story is kind of a mystery which Valve hides throughout the game. Not only is it a great puzzle game, but it also ranks in high for a great plat-former. The way you can launch yourself with this device is incredible and the tests are very mind-boggling.This game is very different from most puzzle games. It has an amazing story line that I could not argue with, and not only that, but the story is kind of a mystery which Valve hides throughout the game. Not only is it a great puzzle game, but it also ranks in high for a great plat-former. The way you can launch yourself with this device is incredible and the tests are very mind-boggling. My favorite part is that they decided to add a co-op mode to this, but when you beat all the levels you can play some more levels made by you the community. Overall I'd have to say this was the best puzzle game of the year. Expand
  60. Feb 12, 2013
    One of, if not THE BEST game I have EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE! The Story to the series itself is amazing as it is all hidden and scattered throughout the games.
    I'm top 100 in the world on the PC Leaderboards and I'll continue to keep playing this game for years to come!
  61. Feb 3, 2013
    Perfect gameplay, perfect dialogue, perfect art direction, perfect story, perfect music, perfect ending, perfect everything in a perfect game. 11 out of 10.
  62. Jan 27, 2013
    This game is superior to Portal and one of the best Valve games ever made.The characters, like Wheatley, are hilarious, the puzzles are challenging enough, and, depending on how quickly you find the solutions to the puzzles, the game can be as long as 10 hours, for a $20 title! And that isn't even counting the co-op campaign, or the level editor. I highly recommend this game to anyone whoThis game is superior to Portal and one of the best Valve games ever made.The characters, like Wheatley, are hilarious, the puzzles are challenging enough, and, depending on how quickly you find the solutions to the puzzles, the game can be as long as 10 hours, for a $20 title! And that isn't even counting the co-op campaign, or the level editor. I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys Valve games, and even anyone who enjoys puzzle games in general. Expand
  63. Jan 27, 2013
    An incredible puzzle game with a hilarious and entertaining story. I was riveted the entire time I played, and while a bit short, it was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had while playing a videogame. It looks great, but more importantly has engaging puzzles and humor that will make this game playable for many years even after it looks like garbage compared to the games of theAn incredible puzzle game with a hilarious and entertaining story. I was riveted the entire time I played, and while a bit short, it was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had while playing a videogame. It looks great, but more importantly has engaging puzzles and humor that will make this game playable for many years even after it looks like garbage compared to the games of the future.

If you enjoy solving puzzles to any degree then this game is for you. If you were thinking this was an action based shooter simply from looking at a screenshot or two then you might be a sad panda.
  64. Jan 26, 2013
    I played the first Portal and enjoyed its uniqueness, but when the Portal 2 was announced I had no interest in it, assuming it was just going to be a expansion type of sequel. However, not only was my assumption wrong, it was one of the most ignorant things I ever thought of. Portal 2 was in my opinion the best game of 2011 and will be in my top 5 games for years to come. Whoever wroteI played the first Portal and enjoyed its uniqueness, but when the Portal 2 was announced I had no interest in it, assuming it was just going to be a expansion type of sequel. However, not only was my assumption wrong, it was one of the most ignorant things I ever thought of. Portal 2 was in my opinion the best game of 2011 and will be in my top 5 games for years to come. Whoever wrote the script in this game is absolutely a comical genius. Every bit of dialogue is original, humorous and you may sometimes find yourself staying put just so you can hear the rest. The graphics are great, it still uses the ol' source engine, but the graphics and game play are quite flawless.The characters in this game are very memorable because their unique personalities and you are even able to see each emotion just based on facial movement. This game is a must-have. It doesn't matter if you are casual or hardcore, whether you're young or old, it is worth the money Expand
  65. Jan 23, 2013
    This game is not only Valve's masterwork, but one of, if not the, greatest video game I have ever played i
    my life. It is beautiful (even though it runs on a now nine-year old engine), innovative, and perhaps most of all, hilarious. This game is one of the few to make me laugh, cry (not really), and fell like a complete genius, sometimes all at once. It has a brilliant script, and everything GlaDOS, Cave, and Wheatly have to say is golden. If you have even a passing interest in gaming, or even if you don't, you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece. I really cannot recomend this enough
  66. Jan 23, 2013
    By far one of my most favorite games, ever. Filled with genius plot, humorous characters, and excellent puzzle design. The first Portal game was released in 2007, with addition to the orange box. But 4 years later, Valve took what was great about the first game, and multiplied it by 1000. A fully fledged, innovative title that nobody should miss. Ever.
  67. Jan 21, 2013
    What can I say that has not been covered already in all these reviews. A GOTY worthy title and a must have. One of my favourite games to date and probably Valves best ever title. A very enjoyable, engaging game with nice graphics , great voice-acting and great dialogue , you really can't ask for more from this gem.
  68. Jan 20, 2013
    Portal 2, though lacking the initial 'modest charm' and mysteriousness of the original, offers a much more polished and cinematic experience with content equally if not more engaging than the first. Brand new puzzle challenges, a captivating story, new characters and world concepts to explore, consistently good voice acting (including a surprising role by Stephen Merchant) and lashes ofPortal 2, though lacking the initial 'modest charm' and mysteriousness of the original, offers a much more polished and cinematic experience with content equally if not more engaging than the first. Brand new puzzle challenges, a captivating story, new characters and world concepts to explore, consistently good voice acting (including a surprising role by Stephen Merchant) and lashes of humor come together in a must-have game that can be played even without knowledge of the prior game.

Additional features, like the community-focused level editor, add a new dimension.

It was easy to screw up here, but Portal 2 is not a lazy sequel by any means. It feels like a solid, richer, classier progression of its predecessor.

Its a do-not-miss kind of game.
  69. Jan 17, 2013
    I simply love this game, I believe this to be one of the best examples of how Modern gaming can go through. The characters you meet are fruitful and they don't feel just like mere robots ! That was already a huge surprise to me , a major improvement to what Portal 1 had . As a puzzle game , it did not disappoint , it simply delivers.. now I just hope Half-Life 3 will complete my love for Valve.
  70. Jan 15, 2013
    Portal 2 takes Portal and exceeds the awesomeness they made in the first game. It's a fact that Valve can still troll their userbase for 5 months and still make a great game!
  71. Jan 13, 2013
    Next to Team Fortress 2, this is the best Valve game ever made. It was worth the money I spent. The game has beautiful arts, the controls fit nicely, and the game itself is determined to blow you away completely. The game features a multiplayer game mode where you can actually test your intelligence with your friends and solve puzzles together. Portal is underrated, and deserves more thanNext to Team Fortress 2, this is the best Valve game ever made. It was worth the money I spent. The game has beautiful arts, the controls fit nicely, and the game itself is determined to blow you away completely. The game features a multiplayer game mode where you can actually test your intelligence with your friends and solve puzzles together. Portal is underrated, and deserves more than it bargains for. Portal is good for anyone of any age. Solve these masterpieces of puzzles, work together with friends, and own the generation of robotics and a "small" lab procedure (no pun intended). Highly recommended to anyone of any age, of any kind. Expand
  72. Jan 8, 2013
    If you do not own this masterpiece, you must IMMEDIATELY purchase it - it is a truly wonderful adventure every time you play it. Of course, from Valve, that is to be expected; yet Portal 2 beat my own expectations by quite a lot - it is such a masterpiece. Buy it now.
  73. Jan 6, 2013
    This game was my first preorder i have ever made. Worth it. Great grahics, great scenario, music, a lot of fun etc. but puzzles are not good enough. There is challenge mode which i very liked. U are compared to other players in this so even want to be more better.
  74. Jan 5, 2013
    Is one of the best games of my life.The movie that this is not a game almost as
    Will not suspect. Cleaner graphics, a fantastic story. And a huge reversal.
    The laboratory, the new elements have emerged. New lasers, gels, etc. have emerged.
    In many ways, this game is the best.
  75. Jan 4, 2013
    The first game brought us a whole new perspective to first person shooting, because you don't actually shoot people, but walls. Although it's criticized by some, the second one is completely entertaining and the story is very involving.
    Yes, I said the story is awesome. If you are saying that it is boring, try to complete the game more times, pick up all the details and you will realize something: Valve didn't write an obvious and crystal-clear script. The greatest satisfaction about this game is to pay attention at the "Easter-eggs" and at the little genially surprising details.
    If you didn't get it at the first time, try to search on the internet about all the game secrets; you may change your perspective about the story of Portal and Portal 2.
    Oh, and about the levels: well, yea, they are not so difficult, but you will find yourself thinking hard sometimes. However, I didn't find it disturbing with such a great screenplay running along with the puzzles.
  76. Jan 3, 2013
    The original Portal was a great deal because even through it was short and had no multiplayer or replay value, it came bundled in the Orange Box. Portal 2 takes the game in a more comical direction with more characters and a stronger narrative, but doesn't expand much on the original's gameplay. There is a co-op mode but it's only worth playing through once, and with the main campaignThe original Portal was a great deal because even through it was short and had no multiplayer or replay value, it came bundled in the Orange Box. Portal 2 takes the game in a more comical direction with more characters and a stronger narrative, but doesn't expand much on the original's gameplay. There is a co-op mode but it's only worth playing through once, and with the main campaign clocking in at 10 hours tops, you're looking at best 20 hours of gameplay for $20. This is a good deal in my mind but others might be expecting more from Valve. Since it's release the price has dropped significantly and Workshop integration has been added resulting in easy access to thousands of custom maps. Another must-play from Valve. Expand
  77. Dec 29, 2012
    Very good puzzle game, and took me almost 9 hours to finish first run through. If you enjoyed puzzle in portal 1, you will like the longer version of portal 2. Get this when it goes on sale at $5.
  78. Dec 15, 2012
    A masterpiece. One of the best games I've ever played in my life. It manages to be both dark and atmospheric while maintaining a great dry humor. The gameplay itself is fantastic and very original - it's one of those games that makes YOU feel clever for solving the puzzles.
  79. Dec 13, 2012
    Portal 2 takes the awesome premise and gameplay of the original and incorporates it into a shiny new game, complete with a full-length singleplayer game, new co-op modes, a more developed story, and impressive new graphics and level design. It thereby answers most of the criticisms of the first game without feeling like simply a remake of it. This game has lost much of the dark humor andPortal 2 takes the awesome premise and gameplay of the original and incorporates it into a shiny new game, complete with a full-length singleplayer game, new co-op modes, a more developed story, and impressive new graphics and level design. It thereby answers most of the criticisms of the first game without feeling like simply a remake of it. This game has lost much of the dark humor and mystery of its predecessor in favor of a more epic journey mixed with lots of witty and absurd humor. Overall I think it did a good job of taking the original concepts of Portal to the next level and creating a game experience that felt familiar without being stale. Expand
  80. Dec 12, 2012
    This game is just perfect and it actually creates a genre of its own (It is NOT an fps). You can't call yourself a gamer and never played this real masterpiece. This game has real good graphic, stimulates your intelligence (yes you actually require some of it to play and appreciate portal) and is full of humor. I think every kind of gamer will love this game. Another Valve great success..
  81. Dec 11, 2012
    More puzzles, a new hilarious sidekick and more background story surrounding the enigmatic Aperture Science? It seems impossible but Portal 2 is harder, better, faster and stronger (to borrow a line from Daft Punk) than the original.
  82. Dec 11, 2012
    READ MY OTHER REVIEW! This one is just like that, but has a chamber maker that provides you with endless challenges and fun from the whole community Aperture Scientist's! You can even play with a friend.
  83. Dec 8, 2012
    This is a great game, valve certainly doesn't disappoint. This sequel introduces a whole LOT of more gameplay elements like light bridges, tractor beams, lasers, 3 types of gels etc.

Overall, I give this game a 9.5 for the single player. I take off half a point because the single player campaign feels too scripted. I don't remember the original being this scripted. They literally tell you exactly where to put the portals to solve the puzzles. The rest of it is great: Glados is her usual awesome self :) and it feels like there is much more story this time around. I also liked the different environments, some of which are quite retro and reminded me of Fallout. I got it at 75% off on steam. I feel like i'm practically stealing the game at that price.

The game also has a great level editor and zillions of community built maps to keep you busy for practically forever.
  84. Dec 8, 2012
    Portal 2 is an atomic bomb. The single player mode is 2-3 times longer than Portal and offers many new options. The story is richer too.
    Once finished, I immediately played it again!
    Potentials as a series for Portal are vast and we are far from seeing the end. The co-op mode is also very entertaining. Creating four portals is a good twist to pass a level! Also, the Steam Workshop adds
    Once finished, I immediately played it again!
    Potentials as a series for Portal are vast and we are far from seeing the end.
    Also, the Steam Workshop adds a great value, with levels from players all around the globe.
    Portal opens your mind!
  85. Dec 8, 2012
    A Really good Valve game, i really liked it. Just ignore what them low-score trolls say, this game is great. Re-playability isn't the best ever, as you already know the jokes and puzzles. But luckily there's the PTI, which allows you to get community maps and make portal an infinite game. Also, if you have a friend who also has this game, you can play co-op, with of course GLaDOS, and someA Really good Valve game, i really liked it. Just ignore what them low-score trolls say, this game is great. Re-playability isn't the best ever, as you already know the jokes and puzzles. But luckily there's the PTI, which allows you to get community maps and make portal an infinite game. Also, if you have a friend who also has this game, you can play co-op, with of course GLaDOS, and some death-related jokes etc. It's also quite funny when you're in a Faith plate test, and you have to grab a cube. And just after your friend gets the cube, he falls in the water. Cracks me up for couple of minutes. Anyways, great game, great Co-op, good community maps and certainly worth 20 Expand
  86. Dec 3, 2012
    I must say 10/10! Great job to valve for this one, I played and loved portal 1 but waited until portal 2 went on sale as I expected it to be a short game. That being said the game is worth at least $20! The characters are EXCELLENT they actually made me laugh a few times, much improved from the already great portal 1. The game is longer than portal 1 but took me about 5 hours to completeI must say 10/10! Great job to valve for this one, I played and loved portal 1 but waited until portal 2 went on sale as I expected it to be a short game. That being said the game is worth at least $20! The characters are EXCELLENT they actually made me laugh a few times, much improved from the already great portal 1. The game is longer than portal 1 but took me about 5 hours to complete taking my time and not using any help. There is also a multiplayer component that I have yet to touch which I am sure can add many more hours of entertainment. If your new to portal, definitely play portal 1 first as this is a direct sequel and many things that make this game great (story wise) will be lost to you. The background this game gives you on aperture and why you are there is outstanding and was truly unexpected from me. This is a terrific game for all ages, perfectly polished, great graphics, great story, excellent voice acting/character development with the ONLY con being it is short. With the price tag it carries today it is well worth the price and often goes on sale for $5, I encourage all to buy it. Expand
  87. Dec 2, 2012
    Es un excelente juego tanto en single player, como en cooperativo, recomendado para aquellas personas que les juste jugar con su pareja ya que es muy entretenido y un juego sano que permite jugar con la habilidad mental de los participantes.
  88. Nov 29, 2012
    One of the best games ever made. The concept behind it is simple, but very addictive. The game looks very good. The artworkteam has done their job right, the facility looks EPIC, and you are constantly trying to figure out why it looks the way it looks. The storyline is amusing and Valve got the best voiceactors for this game that you can imagine. The puzzels are what the game is allOne of the best games ever made. The concept behind it is simple, but very addictive. The game looks very good. The artworkteam has done their job right, the facility looks EPIC, and you are constantly trying to figure out why it looks the way it looks. The storyline is amusing and Valve got the best voiceactors for this game that you can imagine. The puzzels are what the game is all about, and very challenging, yet definetly not to difficult. Also try playing multiplayer, it adds a whole new dimension to the game, and teaches you to think even more different, not with 2, but with 4 portals. Expand
  89. Nov 26, 2012
    I found Portal 2 the best game I have ever played. Have read some of the negative reviews here and they are all without any basis in reality. The game is not short at all, It is endless, check out some of the insane community chambers if you doubt me. The story mode is exactly as long as it needs to be, for a game of this type. The story sits within the game like a parable that lends someI found Portal 2 the best game I have ever played. Have read some of the negative reviews here and they are all without any basis in reality. The game is not short at all, It is endless, check out some of the insane community chambers if you doubt me. The story mode is exactly as long as it needs to be, for a game of this type. The story sits within the game like a parable that lends some form of sanity to the madness of sitting and doing these fun little brain teasers, if it was any longer it would become stale. Where is the rule that longer is better? I played through Portal 2 with my PC plugged into my TV so my kids (5 and 8 yr old girls) could sit and watch, and they loved it too, "Daddy please play Portal 2 so we can watch", if that isn't the most ringing endorsement for a game I don't know what is, very few games are so good that people will happily sit and watch YOU play. Enjoy! Expand
  90. Nov 25, 2012
    This is without a doubt the best game I have ever played. I honestly cannot say one negative thing about it. The main story is absolutely fantastic. It's funny, entertaining, charming, smart, and gives a sense of intrigue. The gameplay is completely unique and far superior to any game out there. The design of using puzzles in the way it has been done is absolutely brilliant; some areThis is without a doubt the best game I have ever played. I honestly cannot say one negative thing about it. The main story is absolutely fantastic. It's funny, entertaining, charming, smart, and gives a sense of intrigue. The gameplay is completely unique and far superior to any game out there. The design of using puzzles in the way it has been done is absolutely brilliant; some are challenging but it makes you never want to give up. The free downloadable content of user created maps on steam is simply the best addition to any game ever. There are hundreds of extremely high quality maps posted totally free which adds nearly infinite replay value. You can also create your own maps which is a super fun process. I still feel my time isn't wasted if I cannot come up with something I'm happy with to publish because it's so good that even just messing around for a couple hours is enjoyable. Portal 2 is best played on the PC by far and I highly recommend you pick up this game.......................... I have been playing games for 17+ years from the old NES, some great super nintendo games, awesome N64 stuff, etc but this game beats every mario, zelda, halo... you name it. As you get older it's hard to find games that really draw you in and let you have fun with it like you did when you were 10. This game accomplishes that. Portal 2 is a classic that will go down as one of the best, if not the single best game ever made. Expand
  91. Nov 23, 2012
    Best game that Valve made after Half Life!
    Singleplayer is more than satisfying, it's brilliant! Ending almost made me cry and I love credits :D
    Coop is amazingly executed, actually, it has best Co Op I've ever seen! Graphics are simply amazing! Lighting engine does the job excellent and textures are beautiful. It has so much player created maps, so you will NEVER run out of things to
    Best game that Valve made after Half Life!
    Coop is amazingly executed, actually, it has best Co Op I've ever seen!
    It has so much player created maps, so you will NEVER run out of things to do!

It's currently 3,74 euros on steam, but only 24 hours more!
    So, HURRY UP AND BUY IT!
  92. Nov 20, 2012
    Portal 2 has proven that puzzle games can be addicting, memorable and hilarious. It's a sweet treat of a PC game, and the best one so far. Highly original and clever, I recommend it.
  93. Nov 15, 2012
    Now remember, the cake is a lie, guys. Other than that, the storyline is too awesome and gameplay is too awesome also. A must buy game. Don't look at the people who give bad reviews, it's cake, and cake is a lie.
  94. Nov 14, 2012
    Portal 2 is fascinating. It is another Valve's masterpiece, thankfully. This sequel is even more fun, thanks to the new elements that are added. The puzzle design in Portal 2 may be the best from all puzzle games. The puzzles are mind blowing and fun, and none of them are frustrating. The new characters are charming and remarkable, all followed with a superb voice acting. The writing isPortal 2 is fascinating. It is another Valve's masterpiece, thankfully. This sequel is even more fun, thanks to the new elements that are added. The puzzle design in Portal 2 may be the best from all puzzle games. The puzzles are mind blowing and fun, and none of them are frustrating. The new characters are charming and remarkable, all followed with a superb voice acting. The writing is terrific and frequently this game made me laugh out loud, because of the funny quotes of the characters. In short words, Portal 2 is a mind blowing experience and a nearly perfect game! (10) Expand
  95. Nov 14, 2012
    This game succeeds at everything it tries to do- it creates a fantastic environment, has funny, likeable characters, presents difficult puzzles, and draws you along an interesting storyline. The only downside is that this game might be considered too short, even with the multiplayer coop (which is fantastic, by the way). However, I got the game at a discount and consider it to have beenThis game succeeds at everything it tries to do- it creates a fantastic environment, has funny, likeable characters, presents difficult puzzles, and draws you along an interesting storyline. The only downside is that this game might be considered too short, even with the multiplayer coop (which is fantastic, by the way). However, I got the game at a discount and consider it to have been well worth my investment. I recommend the game for puzzle enthusiasts and anyone who wishes to have their brain stretched a bit. Expand
  96. Oct 30, 2012
    I loved the first Portal so I had to get the second, its an excellent game, it offers more than the first and the humor is spot on, there is not so much I can say about it, the puzzles are great although I found most of them a little too easy and I think some people did complain over that but nevertheless fun, I love Stephen Merchant's brilliant and witty voice acting as Wheatley, remindsI loved the first Portal so I had to get the second, its an excellent game, it offers more than the first and the humor is spot on, there is not so much I can say about it, the puzzles are great although I found most of them a little too easy and I think some people did complain over that but nevertheless fun, I love Stephen Merchant's brilliant and witty voice acting as Wheatley, reminds me so much of Darren Lamb and that's great. If you want a great game, great humor and puzzles to get that brain going then get Portal 2, you will not be disappointed Expand
  97. Oct 11, 2012
    I don't think Valve could have made this game any better. Taking on the body of your former protagonist , Chel, you must make your way through floors and floors of challenging puzzles to escape Aperture Laboratories. Having the rude and hilarious GlaDos constantly embarrassing you gives the game a comic feel while having Wheatly follow you throughout the levels to add a friend element toI don't think Valve could have made this game any better. Taking on the body of your former protagonist , Chel, you must make your way through floors and floors of challenging puzzles to escape Aperture Laboratories. Having the rude and hilarious GlaDos constantly embarrassing you gives the game a comic feel while having Wheatly follow you throughout the levels to add a friend element to the game. No doubt this game is amazing in every way. Expand
  98. Oct 10, 2012
    Awesome game, especially if you loved or played Portal 1. This game is far longer and I wouldn't say it is as revolutionary as the first one but it does add large amounts of new fun and interesting content. Love the voice acting. Only complaint is that it can hurt your eyes a little in the later parts of the game. The people who have played it will know what I'm talking about...SometimesAwesome game, especially if you loved or played Portal 1. This game is far longer and I wouldn't say it is as revolutionary as the first one but it does add large amounts of new fun and interesting content. Love the voice acting. Only complaint is that it can hurt your eyes a little in the later parts of the game. The people who have played it will know what I'm talking about...Sometimes the wall you need to see is not very visible... Expand
  99. Oct 3, 2012
    More of the good stuff. It really is sad when people give a game like Portal 2 an extremely low score. What were you expecting? It has a single player and co-op campaign with user created content. You didn't have to buy it day one. Its not like it won't be five dollars on steam a few weeks later. Valve is just that generous. I absolutely loved that Valve included a steam copy withMore of the good stuff. It really is sad when people give a game like Portal 2 an extremely low score. What were you expecting? It has a single player and co-op campaign with user created content. You didn't have to buy it day one. Its not like it won't be five dollars on steam a few weeks later. Valve is just that generous. I absolutely loved that Valve included a steam copy with purchases of the Playstation 3 version. Keep it up, Valve. Expand
  100. Oct 3, 2012
    A really nice sequel to Portal. Much better graphics and gameplay. Valve took the brilliance of Portal and turned it into a full-blown title. Unlike Portal 1, where you could spawn NPCs and weapons from Halflife 2 using the command console, Portal 2 is using the newer source engine.

The graphics are brilliant, the shading and physics were things that attracted me to get this. Good

Good game, worth it definetely!

1. Oct 20, 2011