8.8

1. Jul 24, 2011
    This game was a very fun game! To put it simply it was AWESOME! The ending was great too, I never thought it would end the way it did! I recommend buying this game it is worth it!
  2. Jul 22, 2011
    Portal 2 is an overall fun experience. Based on how much me and my friends giggled and laughed aloud, it was funny. Portal 2 may not appeal to all Portal fans, but if you can look over some of the changes, the game is great fun for everyone. Pick it up when you can, and have a friend for the Co-op campaign.
  3. Jul 21, 2011
    A very very good puzzle game with a brilliant story, great voices and sounds and a quite good graphic. I really like the portal games for the portals and that breathtaking story.
  4. Jul 20, 2011
    An intriguing sequel to Valve's great experiment, Portal, surpassed the original both graphically and via storytelling. I personally hate games with near linear action, but Portal 2 is something I completed a few times in a row without being bored with.

What I like: the expansion on events and back-story of the original Portal, the unlikely plot twists (for someone that didn't watch spoilers, of course). And, of course, puzzle solving. All done in nearly perfect visual and sonic experience: the look of the game, dialogs, music and sound effects make this a really enjoyable game with large amount of sarcastic humor but also with a pinch of heartwarming gimmicks. After that, I'm still having a though time disabling a sentry turret even though I know it's only purpose in the game is to pack me with bullets.

And, of course, there's that nice "that was IT?" feel after completing chambers and game chapters, which are reasonably paced and the difficulty level of them increases without making you frustrated about not knowing/finding the solution but rather leaving you curious about what is that something you've missed. There's also a fair amount of fast paced "action" sequences that require your quick thinking but without being extremely difficult though. As in original portal, there's inclusion of achievements - actions you need to perform in-game, some are pretty difficult, the other are funny, several you are given automatically after completing parts of the game.

The absolute novelty is a very tight cooperation mode which requires interaction of two players. Word of advice: to spare yourself awkwardness, better train with somebody you know, because trying to find your game partner online may result with too much of a difference in experience between both of you - frustrating both ways.

What I don't like: there's very little not to like, actually. There is some awkwardness in cooperative game such as controlling player gestures or communication, also you have to know that the game can and WILL use your microphone, which may result in awkward situations, unless you switch it to "push to talk" mode first - which I don't think is the default.
  5. Jul 19, 2011
    In many ways it's a lot better than the first Portal.. though it does seem a bit easier on certain levels.. The game's story is crazy and fun! ...and once you think the game is gonna be over... its NOT!! :) Humorous characters and gameplay & the cool new mechanics such as the 'crazy fluids' and shifting environments makes this game that much more Fun!! Co-op mode is very fun and at manyIn many ways it's a lot better than the first Portal.. though it does seem a bit easier on certain levels.. The game's story is crazy and fun! ...and once you think the game is gonna be over... its NOT!! :) Humorous characters and gameplay & the cool new mechanics such as the 'crazy fluids' and shifting environments makes this game that much more Fun!! Co-op mode is very fun and at many times very hilarious!! Performance is really smooth! Portal 2 is a QUADRILLION times better & more appropriate than those mindless & primitive shoot-em-up games such as those pointless duke nukems' or left4dead, those kind suck!!!... anyway, A puzzle game which can test cognitive(intellectual) skills is a game much worthwhile!! A++ for Portal 2 ! I really want to see a Portal 3 in about 2 years!!! Expand
  6. Jul 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant! Love the Story, Love the Ending, Love the Gameplay. The only thing I don't like are a couple of the Characters (I didn't really like Cave Johnson very much) but apart from that it's the best Game I've ever Played. Portal 2 also comes with an amazing Co-op Feature which makes the Game even better! Everybody should play this amazing Game Expand
  7. Jul 17, 2011
    This game is simply awesome, with the high quality level that Valve always puts on its games. This is a second part, so you MUST have played Portal before trying Portal 2. If you don't, then you'll miss a lot of plot related stuff and obviously the experience will be disappointing. The gameplay is more dynamic than in Portal. It is not a test room after test room journey until reaching theThis game is simply awesome, with the high quality level that Valve always puts on its games. This is a second part, so you MUST have played Portal before trying Portal 2. If you don't, then you'll miss a lot of plot related stuff and obviously the experience will be disappointing. The gameplay is more dynamic than in Portal. It is not a test room after test room journey until reaching the final boss. This time a lot of sudden events will drive you through huge scenarios where you'll have to use the Portal gun to make your way through. Moreover, the portal gun has to be combined with new elements to solve the puzzles. Graphics do their job. Physics related sequences (walls and structures falling apart) look pretty good. Music uses some weird effects to make it easily identified with robots. Sometimes it is a little annoying (specially if you play with headphones). It is a short game (around 6 hours), but you can't make a puzzle based game much longer without boring the player. In exchange, everything is incredibly polished in a nearly obsessive way. In my opinion, one of the best games of this year, but it is mandatory to be a Portal fan in order to properly enjoy it. Don't buy it if it is your first Portal game! Expand
  8. Jul 15, 2011
    Portal 2 is more fun if you haven't played the first one, because you've probably become used to the Portal mechanic, and it feels normal to you, however, even if you have played the first portal, you won't be disappointed by the second. The game was presented in just the right way, we were given just enough of the plot and storyline, the voice acting was flawless, McLain, Merchant andPortal 2 is more fun if you haven't played the first one, because you've probably become used to the Portal mechanic, and it feels normal to you, however, even if you have played the first portal, you won't be disappointed by the second. The game was presented in just the right way, we were given just enough of the plot and storyline, the voice acting was flawless, McLain, Merchant and Simmons can't steal the spotlight, they're all taking 300% of the stage, no one can forget any of them. The game is only 6-7 hours if you're smart, and co-op can vary if you're unsure about the other person's IQ, so thank goodness we can have extra maps and mods, and about to get DLC soon, and with all the gameplay's new mechanics, there is endless replay value. Portal 2 is more than just portals, Valve knows that, and they put so much detail on every corner, it's impossible to hate the game on any part whether it's graphics, plot, characters, or gameplay. Expand
  9. Jul 15, 2011
    A truly remarkable game, a work of art. The story is excellent, i enjoyed every minute of it. And the puzzles are more interesting than in the first game. Definitely a must buy game !
  10. Jul 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The negative reviews of this game are obviously by the fact that Valve added a store like the Mann Co. Store (TF2) into Portal 2. But the items that you buy here are only skins or taunts. However, the singleplayer has a GREAT plot, the best finale in the world, and the multiplayer it's funny to play. Best Game of 2011. Expand
  11. Jul 14, 2011
    Nothing short of Fan-dibby-dabulous.
    I'll try and describe how awesome it is:
    It's so good...

1) My Dog came back to life
    2) My Rubix Cube solved itself
    3) My water turned into wine
    4) I **** in my pants
    5) It gave me Blowjobs and ice cream
    6) Hitler got his gas bill

What was I on about, again? The point is it's a damn good game and you should buy it because it's super awesome!
  12. Jul 13, 2011
    This is a great game. Single-player is simply just awsome because if you played portal 1 you see level that you played.Co-op mode is also on great thing. You can play with you're friends and you also can equip so hats, suits, etc. I really appreciated the Gameplay because it not as easy as portal 1 was. I played portal one and It took me around two hours to complete the game. Portal 2This is a great game. Single-player is simply just awsome because if you played portal 1 you see level that you played.Co-op mode is also on great thing. You can play with you're friends and you also can equip so hats, suits, etc. I really appreciated the Gameplay because it not as easy as portal 1 was. I played portal one and It took me around two hours to complete the game. Portal 2 took me around 6 hours. I recommend this game to everyone. 10 out of 10. Expand
  13. Jul 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is an another one example of Valve's skill.
    It has so much soul, every pixel is overfilled with it. And the final chapter with aria and GLaDOS' song absolutely awesome, I cried during it, no, seriously. The script is simply amazing, no match to the rest of the modern games.
    Game's atmosphere also supplemented with characters, they are just robots but so humanoid.
    No game had ever made me experience such strong emotions. Thank you, Valve.
  14. Jul 12, 2011
    Portal 2's single player campaign is three times as long as the original's, but at only 6-7 hours for a single playthrough it is still a bit short. Thankfully, every moment is packed with enjoyable visuals, sight gags and laugh-out-loud humor, effective audio, interesting puzzles, and a story that is artfully told through interaction with the environment. With the challenges andPortal 2's single player campaign is three times as long as the original's, but at only 6-7 hours for a single playthrough it is still a bit short. Thankfully, every moment is packed with enjoyable visuals, sight gags and laugh-out-loud humor, effective audio, interesting puzzles, and a story that is artfully told through interaction with the environment. With the challenges and multiplayer co-op mode (a campaign unto itself) stacked on top, Portal 2 is like its predecessor easily one of Valve's best titles and a game that redefines the limits of the first person genre. Don't miss it. Expand
  15. Jul 12, 2011
    The only reason this game does not get a 10 is because it has no replay value. As far as difficulty goes, the multiplayer is much harder than the single player and the difficulty of the single player is about on par with Portal. I love the new mechanics, especially the light bridges, and they are used very creatively throughout the game. The art and presentation are amazing as well.The only reason this game does not get a 10 is because it has no replay value. As far as difficulty goes, the multiplayer is much harder than the single player and the difficulty of the single player is about on par with Portal. I love the new mechanics, especially the light bridges, and they are used very creatively throughout the game. The art and presentation are amazing as well. Overall a great game that was worth what it cost me. Expand
  16. Jul 10, 2011
    TL;DR: Game of the year. FREE custom maps and DLC add much more enjoyable time to the game.

Yes, the original Source engine is old. It's being patched, and not renamed. It's also one of the most stable and moddable engines that I know of (and I am a modder). Yes, there were day-one vanity purchasable items. Let me repeat that, however: there were _vanity_ items, similar to, say, hats in Team Fortress 2, or clothes in some other game. IT DOES NOT AFFECT GAMEPLAY. Yes, there is DLC that is for only the Razer Hydra, a $140 piece of motion gaming hardware for the PC. The concepts in the DLC will most likely be made through mods and custom maps.

None of these affect how wonderfully good Portal 2 is. Gamesradar, for example, placed the original Portal at its #1 spot for games of all time. Portal 2 is better. Not only does Portal 2 have its own version of Hammer, the Source map editor, meaning that anyone with the know-how can make custom maps and distribute and play them, but Portal 2 also incorporates a number of features that Portal didn't have (which are in the trailers, I don't want to give out semi-spoilers).

The voice-acting is wonderful and often hilarious. GLaDOS is as wonderful as she was in Portal. The graphics are top-notch. Don't listen to those who say that it has sub-par graphics; they're probably playing it on a console or with a really old graphics card; my GT130M, which was a low-middle-grade GPU for laptops two years ago, allows me to play Portal 2 at 1080p and full settings while maintaining a steady 30fps minimum.

Also, all future DLC (for the PC) will be released for free. It's how Valve does things. (Note that the console DLC, notably the XBox 360 DLC, will have only one free DLC. This is due to Microsoft's policies, and has nothing to do with what Valve wants for its customers.)
  17. Jul 10, 2011
    Definitely worth the money. Excellent sequel to the predecessor. Writing is witty, level design is great, and the fact that the Source Engine can still produce graphics like these is simply outstanding. Loved every moment of playing it.
  18. Jul 10, 2011
    This game is nothing short of excellent. My main concern with the reviews I've seen on here is people calling the game short or "slightly longer than the first Portal." I beg to differ. Portal 1 takes about 45 minutes- 1 hour to beat. Portal 2 takes a good 4-5 hours to beat. I'd say that's a pretty substantial increase. The new puzzles are exponentially more difficult than those inThis game is nothing short of excellent. My main concern with the reviews I've seen on here is people calling the game short or "slightly longer than the first Portal." I beg to differ. Portal 1 takes about 45 minutes- 1 hour to beat. Portal 2 takes a good 4-5 hours to beat. I'd say that's a pretty substantial increase. The new puzzles are exponentially more difficult than those in Portal 1. The new game elements like the gels and faith plates are awesome. They add so much to the game. The storyline is great, and there are a ton of easter eggs that most people skip over (for example, when you're passing the science experiments, the one with the giant plant growing out of it has Chell's name on it). To be honest, the graphics could have been better. When it comes to PC games, console ports don't really cut it. Other than that, I can't find any other real argument with the game. Expand
  19. Jul 9, 2011
    This is an absolute masterpiece. The single player is amazing- featuring new types of puzzles. The story is merged with the adventure. The map design and atmosphere is amazing. I loved the hauntingly old "old Aperture levels"- The hidden areas were great. And the characters and comedy were the best.

The only complaint was about the price/length of game. That argument is a load. I thought the length of the game was fine- as games that drag on lose their appeal to. The single player and co-op make up a great package.
    The ending was spectacular.
    Portal series is something everyone must play.
  20. Jul 9, 2011
    The story is absolutely great, and the game play equally as good. The only thing that let me down in this game is that a lot of the "puzzles" weren't really puzzles, just annoying tasks that detracted from the game. The co-op is amazing, the most fun I've had in a game in a very long time. Giving the robots character in the co-op added greatly to the experience, making it one to remember.The story is absolutely great, and the game play equally as good. The only thing that let me down in this game is that a lot of the "puzzles" weren't really puzzles, just annoying tasks that detracted from the game. The co-op is amazing, the most fun I've had in a game in a very long time. Giving the robots character in the co-op added greatly to the experience, making it one to remember. All up, this is a great game with an awesome story (not to mention all the great humor in it), only being flawed by the some of the puzzles later on in the game being more annoying than anything else. Expand
  21. Jul 7, 2011
    Buena historia, buenos escenarios. El juego es corto (no tanto como el anterior) pero muy intenso. La IA de los 2 robots tiene mas personalidad que la mayoría de los humanos de otros juegos. No le doy el 10 porque el modo coop tiene muy pocos niveles oficiales y se hace cortísimo.
  22. Jul 6, 2011
    Put it this way... I absolutely hate all puzzle games. I hate them with a passion that burns like your granny's cystitis. I'd rather pull your teeth out then use them to pull my teeth out than play one.... apart from Portal 2. Okay, so it's replayability is precisely zero, but good lord, is it good on the first run or what? The style is amazing, it gets the brain going without making youPut it this way... I absolutely hate all puzzle games. I hate them with a passion that burns like your granny's cystitis. I'd rather pull your teeth out then use them to pull my teeth out than play one.... apart from Portal 2. Okay, so it's replayability is precisely zero, but good lord, is it good on the first run or what? The style is amazing, it gets the brain going without making you want to put your head through a hole in the wall you'd previously made with the head of the game designer, and the compulsion to continue to the next test is likely to cause some seriously bleary eyes at work. Fair enough, if you really can't stomach the idea of a fairly slow moving game that involves more grey cells than it requires to left click then type "lol nub pwnt" (or words to that effect) then avoid this like it's Fukushima Daiichi, but if you want a really unique (excludes the original Portal... obviously), absorbing, and just downright cool game, buy this. 9/10... only due to lack of replayability, the rest is beyond criticism. Expand
  23. Jul 6, 2011
    The combined experience of the singleplayer and multiplayer campaigns is, quite simply, a prime example of why Video Games can be considered a respectable entertainment medium. Delightful, funny, challenging, and rewarding from beginning to end, Portal 2 offers you and a friend an unforgettable journey through the world of Aperture Science.
  24. Jul 4, 2011
    Portal 2 is an EXCELLENT GAME.... It starts off where portal 1 ended and the graphics are a slight improvement the game itself runs smooth, I have NOT had a single issue so far with 10 hours of game play. For those who gave this game a bad review shame on you, your style sucks anyway.
  25. Jul 4, 2011
    This game is awesome. Good graphics, good history, good controls, good coop, good maps, good custom maps.... I already playing custom coop maps. Games with mod-tools are the best ever!!!
  26. Jul 2, 2011
    The sequel "makes the original look like the prototype it was" by expanding the game in gameplay and story. The graphics and sound are superior even though it's on the source engine .Overall it was a worthwhile game but did not live up to the massive amount of hype it created .
  27. Jul 2, 2011
    Wow, what can't I say about Portal 2?
    First off its amazing for its humor, game play, and puzzles.
    Oh god the puzzles. I was stumped more than once, but that didn't keep me from playing.
    I like keeping reviews short, so all I have to say is that Portal 2 is one of the first games in a long time that I've really, really wanted.
  28. Jul 1, 2011
    A worthy sequel, that sums it all up. The biggest complaint I have is the humor is more low-brow rather than dark and ironic like Portal 1 was. Still...it's a must-play. Valve has put out an incredibly polished and enjoyable game here. Oh, and Cave Johnson totally steals the show!
  29. Jun 29, 2011
    This game is nothing short of excellent. It is interesting, clever, funny and completely addictive. The duel player co op is fantastic too. Playing portal 1 first is not essential but it would be beneficial to the storyline, its also a fantastic game to start with. I hope there will be a portal 3!
  30. Jun 28, 2011
    Portal 2 is smart, funny, has a story, that keeps you interested the whole time and, of course, makes you think. There's no doubt - its a game masterpiece.
  31. Jun 27, 2011
    This game was just pure genius. The design, the character development, it was all done beautifully. I question why this game doesn't have at LEAST a score of 96. It was different from the first game in some ways, but I liked that. Using the exact same atmosphere of the first game would've just felt like more of an unoriginal repeat. Anyone reading this that enjoys Valve games but hasn'tThis game was just pure genius. The design, the character development, it was all done beautifully. I question why this game doesn't have at LEAST a score of 96. It was different from the first game in some ways, but I liked that. Using the exact same atmosphere of the first game would've just felt like more of an unoriginal repeat. Anyone reading this that enjoys Valve games but hasn't yet played Portal 2... I beg you, buy this game, you will grin from ear to ear till it hurts.

And even then, you'll just keep grinning anyway.
  32. Jun 26, 2011
    Portal 2 was once again a job well done by Valve. The game contained everything from comedy to unique entertainment. It is a very unique game overall and had many new mechanisms compared to the first Portal. I believe they did an excellent job creating the sequel to an awesome game.
  33. Jun 25, 2011
    Best game of the decade by far. brilliantly built and presented perfectly. Perfect mix so story humour and puzzles to keep gamers amused for years and years to come. Another 10/10 from valve.
  34. Jun 24, 2011
    I have a few things to say and I will say them in a fashion trolls will understand.
    1: Not 3 hours u mad?
    If you played the game, you would discover its 8-10 hours at the minimum. 2: DLC is optional u mad? Sure, there is a total, in the Robot Enrichment store, of $80 worth of DLC, but it is all optional, the only change to the gameplay experience you get, is a nice hat or a glow trail on
    1: Not 3 hours u mad?
    If you played the game, you would discover its 8-10 hours at the minimum.
    2: DLC is optional u mad?
    Sure, there is a total, in the Robot Enrichment store, of $80 worth of DLC, but it is all optional, the only change to the gameplay experience you get, is a nice hat or a glow trail on your robot. And any DLC that actually is created to extend gameplay by VALVe, is free on steam, and about 2 dollars on consoles.
    3: Not a console port u mad?
    Firstly, a console port? Are you Fuc*ing kidding me? VALVe started making games for the PC. The only reason they started making games for consoles is because gamers shifted to consoles. If there were still the number of gamers on the PC as there were in 2002, people would know Fallouts 2 and 1 existed, that VALVe made Left 4 Dead, and that the internet is serious business.
    4: Too expensive u mad?
    first, all videogames these days start at 60 bucks. The last game I saw that released at something that wasn't $60 was Red Dead Redemption, which released at $90. So you are getting a good deal here.
    5: Bad voice acting u mad?
    Bad voice acting? Bad voice Acting?! This has the greatest voice acting I have heard in a recent videogame. Here, I will quote 4 games, then two portal quotes.
    1: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    "Ramirez, go take down that chopper!"
    2: Call of Duty: Black Ops: Zombies!
    "Dempsey: Kickin' ass and makin' messes!"
    3: Duke Nukem: Forever
    "I'm kickin' ass and chewin' bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum."
    4: Portal 2 quote number one:
    "Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that. Don't let that "horrible person" thing discourage you. It's just a data point. If it makes you feel any better, science has now validated your birth mother's decision to abandon you on a doorstep." -GLaDOS
    5: Portal 2 quote number 2:
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" -Cave Johnson
    I believe I have just proven my point on voice acting.
    6: Lol bad level design u mad?
    Okay, first of all, at least you have room to move around in this game. In all the other games out today, your either on a flat stretch of land with enemies shooting at you from all sides, or your in a cramped corridor, with enemies shooting at you from all sides.
    7: Trololol shi*ty graphics u mad?
    Who cares if the graphics are aged? Thats the same thing as saying you would, right out of high school, living in a studio apartment, buy the 500,000 dollar brand new, 2012 model car, when it would be practical to buy the 2006 model, 15,000 dollar car. Thats the main reason new games are so expensive and take so long to release. There is alot of work put into the engine, but no work into everything else.
    Cave Johnson were done here.
  35. Jun 23, 2011
    The new mechanics introduced in Portal 2 really give it a new angle on puzzles, where sometimes you nearly facepalm after figuring out how simple the puzzle you've been staring at for half an hour really are. Character development of supporting cast is well done, The humor is still there despite the lack of a good meme (near as I can tell). I have not yet done the multiplayer (holding thatThe new mechanics introduced in Portal 2 really give it a new angle on puzzles, where sometimes you nearly facepalm after figuring out how simple the puzzle you've been staring at for half an hour really are. Character development of supporting cast is well done, The humor is still there despite the lack of a good meme (near as I can tell). I have not yet done the multiplayer (holding that so a buddy can get achievement) but this is one of the most entertaining games I've played in a long time. The notable downside is the low replay value, unless you space it out long enough to forget all the solutions and forget the humor. I'd still say this game is totally worth buying, low replay value is the only reason I'm scoring it below a 10. Expand
  36. Jun 23, 2011
    Portal 2 follows in the same vein as the first with a slow start progressing into more difficult puzzles with some high-paced portions strewn throughout. The puzzles range from cake (is a lie) to "let's take a step back and think" but I was disappointed they were not more timing-based offerings. The story was predictable, but incredibly well-written and witty; The characters love-able andPortal 2 follows in the same vein as the first with a slow start progressing into more difficult puzzles with some high-paced portions strewn throughout. The puzzles range from cake (is a lie) to "let's take a step back and think" but I was disappointed they were not more timing-based offerings. The story was predictable, but incredibly well-written and witty; The characters love-able and at times, downright hilarious. I really enjoyed the single-player mode and then you find out there's more to do in the co-op mode. 9/10 Expand
  37. Jun 23, 2011
    Portal is very very good game and Portal 2? Excellent, you must play it. It's very very good game (and sometimes hard :-) Buy it now, i know what am i saying. Simply good-est game from Valve i ever seen before. My score is 10/10.
  38. Jun 23, 2011
    The most fun game I ever played.Ð
  39. Jun 23, 2011
    Incredible game. A single player mode you'll never forget. Co-op is tons of fun with friends and microphones. I highly recommend this game. The puzzles are just right, not too hard, not too easy. I can't wait for the new DLC!!! 10/10
  40. Jun 23, 2011
    portal 2 is very cool as you know it will be. don't trust the bad reviews for this game! trust the good ones! (lazy review with no caps). it has co-op, great story, awesome graphics, awesome futuristic settings, and lots of puzzles that you can expect from the last game. simply one of the best game of 2011. they removed annoying puzzles like the energy orb that forces you to wait untilportal 2 is very cool as you know it will be. don't trust the bad reviews for this game! trust the good ones! (lazy review with no caps). it has co-op, great story, awesome graphics, awesome futuristic settings, and lots of puzzles that you can expect from the last game. simply one of the best game of 2011. they removed annoying puzzles like the energy orb that forces you to wait until it's settled up with the annoying receiver stuff, and add more new elements like the gel that will speed up your character, or jump like almost zero gravity, and even create portals in impossible places! the game also adds cooperative campaign which you and your friend can participate and complete together. the greatest part of the cooperative campaign is that there is 100% team work. it's perfectly executed. but the annoying part is that if your friend is stupid and can't think with portals. now the thing that lacks on this game is the single player is a little short. and it's a puzzle game. once you know how to solve each of every levels in portal 2, i bet you will complete this game in only 4 hours. and you suffer yourself like 12-13 hours to beat this game and if you don't know how to beat the s*** out of the puzzle you will ended up looking on youtube. shamefully, there are no extras in this game. almost no replay value. no interesting secret stuff. and if you start playing it with cheats, you better end the game normally. i guess the only effort ending the game is that you can use cheats later. so that's my review on portal 2. a score of [ 9.6 ] judging all the stuff above that pisses me off Expand
  41. Jun 22, 2011
    This game was the best game I've ever played. I thought I was watching a movie. I thought I was Chell. Why isn't my life this cool? Enough said. Best Game of 2011 right here.
  42. Jun 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Although I miss GLaDOS's cake obsession and the Aperture Science High Energy Pellet, I understand what happened to them. So regardless Valve's Portal 2 is an extremely well done sequel to, what turned out to become, the best test of a physics system ever. It not only matched it's predecessor, but surpassed it in the way of length, complexity, graphics detail, story depth, and overall gameplay. It is well thought out, well polished, and addictive. As of now, it's still expensive, but it's worth every penny. So, in short. Portal 2, AWESOME GAME!!!
    Nuff said.
  43. Jun 21, 2011
    Amazing game. Everything is improved from the first game. One of the best games of the year so far. If you liked the first one then you will like this one. This game has no flaws to be honest 10/10
  44. Jun 20, 2011
    One of the best games made on a source engine. Better than first part, but have in mind that first Portal wasn't and standalone title, just small ad-don to Orange Box. This one could be more challengeable, but I know kids on consoles have problem with playing games that makes a challenge. ~8h of playing worth cash I spent on it.
  45. Jun 17, 2011
    If there is such thing as a perfect sequel, this is it. Truly unbelievable. That's all you need to know. I had to add more to fir the 150 character limit, so I'll just quote GLaDOS. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.
  46. Jun 17, 2011
    Great game. Took me ten hours. Some of the puzzles actually ... uhh... puzzled me?Unfortunately, as with all puzzle games, no replay value at all. Didn't get old for me at all, I found it fun all the way through tenth hour. I can't wait to play the co-op part of the game. That should be fun. But i agree that the game is good to rent for a weekend and play co-op but not worth fiftyGreat game. Took me ten hours. Some of the puzzles actually ... uhh... puzzled me?Unfortunately, as with all puzzle games, no replay value at all. Didn't get old for me at all, I found it fun all the way through tenth hour. I can't wait to play the co-op part of the game. That should be fun. But i agree that the game is good to rent for a weekend and play co-op but not worth fifty bucks. GLADOS and Wheatly were... ummm... interesting. Their humor was the kind that you can smile at but not any LOL material there. Needs a level editor where you can make your own puzzles and post them online for others to solve. THAT would make the game worth a lot more than 50 bucks for me. And a question to valve, "Where is HL2EP3??" (that last question did not affect my rating) Expand
  47. Jun 17, 2011
    A beautiful game. I have enjoyed 15hrs of gameplay - singleplayer and co-op a few times with various people. I gave it 9 because they took out time trials D: and some more abstract mind bending puzzles would be nice.

Props to valve for so quickly releasing the authoring too. Bring on the DLC!
  48. Jun 17, 2011
    I have only 1 complaint, it felt short. Even with the co-op. But it was a joy to play, hilariously funny, and fairly unique (other than the obvious---you know, the portals). Once you've finished it I'd recommend going through the levels and listening to the developer commentary. There are some very interesting tidbits in there. Also, the Final Hours of Portal 2 (on the iPad) sheds aI have only 1 complaint, it felt short. Even with the co-op. But it was a joy to play, hilariously funny, and fairly unique (other than the obvious---you know, the portals). Once you've finished it I'd recommend going through the levels and listening to the developer commentary. There are some very interesting tidbits in there. Also, the Final Hours of Portal 2 (on the iPad) sheds a lot of light on how original game play, new game play elements, and the story came together...almost at the last minute; plus some hints some possible new IP from Value. Expand
  49. Jun 15, 2011
    I loved Portal... I really did. And I love Portal 2 even more! From cynical little english robot to GlaDOS made into a potato. Whoever invented the thing with the liquids should be prasied. I had fun and can say that the CO-OP is the ONLY real co-op in today's games. The need of thinking in team and solve puzzles is just awesome and practically really hard without a voice chat. I applaudI loved Portal... I really did. And I love Portal 2 even more! From cynical little english robot to GlaDOS made into a potato. Whoever invented the thing with the liquids should be prasied. I had fun and can say that the CO-OP is the ONLY real co-op in today's games. The need of thinking in team and solve puzzles is just awesome and practically really hard without a voice chat. I applaud Valve. 10.0 :D

p.s.: Do not mind that it is a bit overpriced! It is certainly worth the price :)
  50. Jun 14, 2011
    One of the best games of this year. Interesting plot, realistic characters (excellent voice acting), quite good graphics and music. Only one defect: in my opinion there was not much "thinking by portals" (little too easy riddles). After all it's solid game, which can be played both solo and co-op (together something about 15h of playing). 10/10
  51. Jun 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Genial! even above the expectations! really nice the new tools inside the test chambers! Outstanding story!
    I think it's flawless. Really hilarious too. Valve company carried out a great job
  52. Jun 14, 2011
    Good lord! Its gooooood stuff.

Good lord! Its gooooood stuff.

I have yet to be disappointed with Valve. They seem cheery, good-humoured and understanding. Steam works well and practically gives games away sometimes. The Half-Life series have charm as well as a bit of brains. Left 4 Dead is just stupidly good fun. TF2 is like-wise. Portal is one of the best games ever created. Portal 2 is more of the same. Simply put, Valve have tried to scale a massive mountain of possible fan service and bringing over-all quality at the same time. Through flogging beta-testers over and over - According to the Developers Commentary (which is done better in this game by playing along side the main game) - they've shaved and polished everything to a shine. To the point where I swear the game plays better on my piddly little laptop than the original. Single Player is captivating, if not overly taxing on the old brains. I put that down to the fact that I've gone over the last game a few times and gotten rather used to that. People have complained that this game is easy but it might be more because of how well the last game trained you. Vary rarely did anyone I know spend particularly long trying to figure out how to get some where. Like a flying squirrel crossed with an acrobat, people were just flinging themselves in the general direction. Portal 2 actually made me have to stop and figure things out. Not for too long but I still had to stop and think (It could easily have been me being thick as I turned in circles, never really seeing the solution anywhere). A few of the puzzles had me completely stumped but it doesn't quite feel like Portal 2's main aim. Take that how you want but I'm happy with the fact that the game takes you into the absurd backstage of Aperture Science. While Portal Technology is perfectly reasonable for moving things around, they like to use a horribly complicated system of pipelines. Why demolish your previous labs when burying them below your new ones is a much better idea? Valve have placed a greater, eccentric charm on every place it can for the laboratories that brought you a weight-loss pudding that would make food bounce out of your body. Its treat to find all the idiosyncrasies that'll raise a smile or tell a tragic tail.

Steve Merchant, the best mate of Ricky Gervais, plays Wheatley: a personality core that's bumbling, cheery and has an English accent. He will be your partner as you do battle and science with the re-awakened GlaDos. All characters, limited they maybe, are full of charm and excellent writing. Some of the best lines come from both Wheatley and GlaDos. Co-op has wrongly gotten a lot of stick too. Lets get this out of the way: the hats are optional. The damn are for sale if you truly want them, as well as new flags for the robots and new gestures. If anything, its more of a tip for Valve. If you enjoyed the game, throw them a few quid to say 'thank you'. They could do some good with it. Even if its another 1to 1 scale model of the Engineer's Turret...

The Robot's are charming. Gromit from 'Wallace and Gromit' kind of charm, if that helps. Both of them are largely mute, communicating through gestures and weird noises. While they do show more personality in the trailers, they are allowed to express their little Laurel and Hardy inspired friendship through the adorable hugs and hi-fives they give them. As for gameplay, the most difficult puzzles lurk here. With two portals, your expected to do more and to do it safely twice. There are two of you trying to get through the course now. While any kind of story gets a massive back seat, mainly because its largely done in the main game, in favour of GlaDos' input and puzzles. It can either cause arguments or it can cement a bond between those playing. Its entertaining and challenging how the game places the safety of one player in the hands and skill of another. You have to work together or you will fail. We also have free DLC heading our way at some point. Its not certain what that DLC will contain but its a nice bit of frosting on an already rich game.
  53. Jun 12, 2011
    Incredible puzzle game. Humorous, clever, and just plain fun. I read people talking about beating the game in 4 hours: I think they weren't paying attention. The dialog alone takes up several hours, and speeding through this game makes you really miss out on the experience. It took me probably about 9 or so hours to clear the single player, still going through the co-op as I writeIncredible puzzle game. Humorous, clever, and just plain fun. I read people talking about beating the game in 4 hours: I think they weren't paying attention. The dialog alone takes up several hours, and speeding through this game makes you really miss out on the experience. It took me probably about 9 or so hours to clear the single player, still going through the co-op as I write this. Basically, if you liked Portal 1, Portal 2 is the better, longer, and more clever version. Expand
  54. Jun 11, 2011
    Probably the best Valve game ever. Simply brilliant. Has all the charm and humor of the original, while adding new elements making the puzzles much more challenging. It took me about 9 hours to finish. 11/10. Simply epic!
  55. Jun 10, 2011
    This game really is a work of art. Everything from the controls, to the graphics (which I think look fantastic for this kind of game) and even the levels. The levels feel challenging, but not to the point where you may think it's impossible. The VO is absolutely stunning. Everything in this game is amazing! It's also made by Valve who are my favourite video game developers of all time.This game really is a work of art. Everything from the controls, to the graphics (which I think look fantastic for this kind of game) and even the levels. The levels feel challenging, but not to the point where you may think it's impossible. The VO is absolutely stunning. Everything in this game is amazing! It's also made by Valve who are my favourite video game developers of all time. This is an absolute must buy for all ages. Expand
  56. Jun 10, 2011
    Portal 2 is a great sequel to the original game. Sure, it does it all over again: shoot a portal, solve the puzzle, move on... but it does it creatively and manages to surprise and make you lough.
    Not matter how much time you will spend playing, it will be time well spent.

Great game.
  57. Jun 9, 2011
    It's good, it's very good. I am not a fanboy, I genuinely liked Portal 2. Interesting characters, Clever puzzles, Good graphics, Excellent music, The flow of the gameplay is amazing, not repetitive, has some moments where you go " OH SH%^$% !!". This is what a polished game is. A clear vision/design that was executed flawlessly. Go play it.
  58. Jun 8, 2011
    A great game, certainly one of the best games ever made up till now. The fun factor is high, lots of humor, supreme art direction, great music, movie-like storyline, great graphics and sound. Another Valvian masterpiece indeed.
  59. Jun 7, 2011
    Genial. Un digno sucesor de Portal. Aunque Valve tenga algunos defectos, hay que reconocer que cuando se sientan a trabajar crean obras maestras. Además, ya han anunciado DLC gratuito para este verano (mientras otros recortan partes vitales del juego para revenderlas como DLC exclusivo para cierta consola).
  60. Jun 7, 2011
    Valve does it again, should I say. Portal 2 does everything it was expected to do, and even more. It is an excellent game, innovative and mind-bending experience, that will make you play the single player through at least twice. The co-op was also something amazing, making the game even more fun, because is there anything more fun than playing with your friends? The graphics are what youValve does it again, should I say. Portal 2 does everything it was expected to do, and even more. It is an excellent game, innovative and mind-bending experience, that will make you play the single player through at least twice. The co-op was also something amazing, making the game even more fun, because is there anything more fun than playing with your friends? The graphics are what you expect from the Source-engine with a bit more detail. Portal 2 is a must buy, if you want to support people who know how to make quality games. Expand
  61. Jun 3, 2011
    I would rather score Portal 2 a 9.5 instead of just a straight 9, but whatever. This. Game. Is. Really. Good. Period. The plot is fantastic, the characters are well done, with the exception of the dude you encounter in the second section of the game. His jokes are kind of bland, and he is not characterized very well. But GLaDOS and Wheatley totally make up for it.
    The puzzles are good,
    The puzzles are good, but frustrating in a peculiar way. You'll struggle on one puzzle for a long time, then come to the sudden realization that the solution is really quite simple and you feel like an idiot for not seeing it. The Co-Op puzzles are much more challenging, thus more satisfying.
    It looks great, plays great, and the narrative is fantastic, especially the ending. The end song isn't nearly as good as "Still Alive" but it's still pretty damn good.
    All in all, you want this game. Do it for me. Or, if not for me, do it for the science.
  62. Jun 3, 2011
    What a fantastic game! One of Valves best, no doubt. It is well executed like the first, and unlike other sequels. The sounds, the artwork, the conception, all simply beautiful and magnificent as the first. On a personal note I preferred the stereotypical Apeture Labs testing setting, but I suppose they didn't make the game for me. I give it a ten out of ten with flying colors!
  63. Jun 3, 2011
    Awesome game. Much more premade content than Portal 1 and quite a few new mechanics. I thought the story, acting and comedy was grade A. I couldn't wait to solve the puzzles to get to the great dialog of GLaDOS, Cave Johnson, and Wheatley.

To address some critiques: Length - I can see where some feel the game is a bit short. However I counter that it was no shorter than the storylines

To address some critiques:
    Length - I can see where some feel the game is a bit short. However I counter that it was no shorter than the storylines of most of the first person shooters out there and every aspect is top quality, no filler here. Beyond that they have already released a level editor for beta testing. Once it is finished you'll theoretically have an unlimited number of puzzles to solve.

Replayability - Level editor solves this. User generated content can make this as replayable as an FPS multiplayer mode.

Difficulty - The puzzles were relatively easy. An adult of average intelligence should be able to solve each single player puzzle in 10-30 minutes imo. This may seem dumbed down but I feel the difficulty was similar in Portal one. Perhaps it was 15-35 minutes instead but they still weren't mensa level puzzles you take all day on. I'm sure this was partly done to ensure a wide audience. Not everyone enjoys tackling impossible problems (I do but don't require it to have fun). I also think it had a lot to do with pacing. I found the balance between the dialog and the length of the puzzles to be perfect. The puzzles were difficult enough that you gained satisfaction just from solving them and gave time to stew on the last tidbit of the backstory of the lab but they were not so difficult that you would get stuck or take so long that your enthusiasm to hear the next bit of dialog would wane. I found the multiplayer puzzles to be a little more challenging but still not mensa level. I think the level editor will once again provide for everyone. I'm sure some extremely devious levels will be devised by people as well as many more medium level puzzles like the game comes with.
  64. Jun 3, 2011
    FANTASTIC! The fundamental problem with reviews on this game is the writers don't understand that, even if the single player campaign six or seven hours long, the potency makes up for it. What am I saying, makes up for it. It was exactly the length it should have been. You play $60 for the experience. it had a phenomenal sound track, a brilliant story line, a great sense of humor, a designFANTASTIC! The fundamental problem with reviews on this game is the writers don't understand that, even if the single player campaign six or seven hours long, the potency makes up for it. What am I saying, makes up for it. It was exactly the length it should have been. You play $60 for the experience. it had a phenomenal sound track, a brilliant story line, a great sense of humor, a design beyond any expectation I had for the game, and fantastic puzzles. There was absolutely nothing bad about this game. Anyone who thinks $60 is an expensive price for a game has clearly never spent any significant amount of time trying to program one. Expand
  65. Jun 3, 2011
    Valve does it again, really nice game, quite nice story that continues and yet tells back story of apparature, Not a 10 from me because it as short imo, and needs quite more easter eggs.. (cmon Valve make us think hard! ) but a solid 9.5 non the less
  66. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is amazing. The dialogue in the game is hilarious, the puzzles are well designed (almost making it too easy to see the solution sometimes), and co-op is an awesome addition. The only negative thing I can say is that I felt the game was holding my hand sometimes by having special tiles designating where you would need to place portals to solve the puzzle. Overall, this game isThis game is amazing. The dialogue in the game is hilarious, the puzzles are well designed (almost making it too easy to see the solution sometimes), and co-op is an awesome addition. The only negative thing I can say is that I felt the game was holding my hand sometimes by having special tiles designating where you would need to place portals to solve the puzzle. Overall, this game is worth your money, and if you do buy it, play it with friends! The co-op in the game is really awesome. Expand
  67. Jun 2, 2011
    Who say's games can't be art?

This has, without a doubt, the single greatest put together story of any game to this date, and that includes RPG's and the like. It is non-stop hilarious from start to finish with fantastic twists along the way. The dialogue is completely up to standard and actually blows it predecessor out the water for dark humour. Some is more in your face, but it
    Who say's games can't be art?

The dialogue is completely up to standard and actually blows it predecessor out the water for dark humour. Some is more in your face, but it doesn't stop it from being funny. JK Simmons, Steven Merchant and Ellen McLain as the 3 lead (vocal) characters are without a doubt the best choices Valve could have made. They truly made this game.

The story is new and innovative. The gameplay, whilst similar to the original, differs enough that you don't feel like you're reliving the same game twice. There are new toys for you to mess around with along with some old ones and even some old test chambers to reintegrate you into the newly demolished Aperture Science labs.

The story is that of book quality and will leave you wanting more and more even after the story ends. That's when you know you've written something wonderful. The player leaves satisfied and wanting more but knows they'll never get it, and that's how it should be.

The multiplayer was a great addition too, playing co-op with a stranger or friend online, tripping each other up as much as you aid one another, truly one of the most 'co-operative' co-ops out there to date, most the time it's just "let's shoot these guys I could deal with on my own, together!". But now your partner has an actual use, without them you'll be stuck in the first chamber, and if they can't figure it out, you're there to help, and vice versa. You can't just kill all the enemies and wait for a door to pop open, you have to find a way to open that door yourselves and then find a way up there, it's not just going to throw you into the next batch of obstacles, you actually have to earn your rite of passage.

It's challenging enough to give you a sense of accomplishment whilst being simple enough so that you don't quit in frustration, a difficult balance to find but Valve have achieved it almost fluidly.

Weighing up the pro's and the non-existent cons, I find it hard to rate this game at anything other than 10.
  68. Jun 1, 2011
    I honestly don't know what else you could ask of this game. It's fun, smooth, and polished. The single player campaign is affecting, and the co-op campaign is both fun and challenging without being frustrating. Some harder maps would be welcome, but that's just a bid to extend the experience; I don't think they're necessary. I felt that it would be impossible to equal the originalI honestly don't know what else you could ask of this game. It's fun, smooth, and polished. The single player campaign is affecting, and the co-op campaign is both fun and challenging without being frustrating. Some harder maps would be welcome, but that's just a bid to extend the experience; I don't think they're necessary. I felt that it would be impossible to equal the original Portal's greatness, but Valve has managed it. Expand
  69. May 31, 2011
    Seriously good game with a vastly updated source engine incorporating extremely detailed shadows and liquid physics, which the later are used extensively in the puzzles later in the game. The game itself is split in two parts, 1 being the single player which is roughly 9-10 hours long and then the coop campaign which is completely separate to the single player. The coop itself has someSeriously good game with a vastly updated source engine incorporating extremely detailed shadows and liquid physics, which the later are used extensively in the puzzles later in the game. The game itself is split in two parts, 1 being the single player which is roughly 9-10 hours long and then the coop campaign which is completely separate to the single player. The coop itself has some nice features, including being able to play along side PS3 users in the first true cross platform game ever made and if you buy it on the PS3 you get a free steam copy to play on your PC, which makes the game even more of a bargain. Easily one of the best games I've ever played, with the right balance of story telling, jaw dropping graphics and effects, plus humour, which is often a lacking element in todays gaming market. Expand
  70. May 29, 2011
    This is an improvement in every way, shape or form to the first game. Don't pay attention to the disgruntled PC gaming fans - they're mostly pissed off that this gem isn't 'theirs' anymore, and therefore are looking for every straw man they can to diss the game. Fact is, the single player campaign is at least three times as long as the previous one; it features a couple of plot twistsThis is an improvement in every way, shape or form to the first game. Don't pay attention to the disgruntled PC gaming fans - they're mostly pissed off that this gem isn't 'theirs' anymore, and therefore are looking for every straw man they can to diss the game. Fact is, the single player campaign is at least three times as long as the previous one; it features a couple of plot twists which will make you scratch your head and keep playing just to see what's going on; and new gameplay devices are introduced smoothly and expertly, never overwhelming the player. It's also interesting to see how Valve handled co-op mode: it's a whole new campaign by itself, and it features an indicator system that may not be as effective as using an actual headset, but it's surprisingly functional all the same. All in all, there's nothing wrong to be found here... Unless you're so spoiled about game length to the point that 16 hours devoted to high quality gaming isn't as good as 40 hours managing inventory just so you can endure another 40 hours of medieval fantasy cliches. Then, and only then, Portal 2 isn't the game for you. Expand
  71. May 29, 2011
    I am ashamed that some people gave this a bad review because they brought out some DLC on the day of release. This is atrocious , childish and extremely petty behavior. That is similar to giving a car you bought a bad review because they offered you an optional extra, despite this being the launch of the car.
    You don't have to get the DLC, why should it influence the score? Now onto the
    You don't have to get the DLC, why should it influence the score? Now onto the game. It was amazing.I enjoyed every moment of the campaign. The graphics were beautiful. The gameplay was innovative and extremely fun. The dialogue was extremely witty. Every moment of this game was worth the money. To those who say the campaign was too short I pose the question what would you add? If they pushed it any further there was too great a risk of the game becoming repetative. The co-op was extremely fun. True, i think they could have put in a challenge course with more difficult courses, but overall i found it really really fun. In conclusion this is a near perfect game, an instant classic. It was satisfying from start to finish and easily replayable. A must own for gamers of every level.
  72. May 28, 2011
    Absolutely Brilliant. I loved the first game, I love this one even more! It's a lot more complicated though! Highly recommened!!! I don't think I'll be able to return to portal 1 after this game. I also loved the music and half life feel to it. CO-op is also brilliant
  73. May 28, 2011
    Great, great, great game!! I, like many others, loved the first one and I am glad that the 2nd one comes back with just as much passion. In my mind it is just as good as the first one, but by that virtue it means that the novelty is not quite as high. That is a non-issue though. Everything that was awesome about the first one is awesome again in this one. I also still have the endGreat, great, great game!! I, like many others, loved the first one and I am glad that the 2nd one comes back with just as much passion. In my mind it is just as good as the first one, but by that virtue it means that the novelty is not quite as high. That is a non-issue though. Everything that was awesome about the first one is awesome again in this one. I also still have the end credit song in my head. Expand
  74. May 27, 2011
    Just a 10 of 10.. brilliant humor and fantastic and challenging levels.. something for the brain and soul! No bugs/problems during gameplay (three times) and multiplayer co-op. Everything i expect from a game
  75. May 26, 2011
    I have never played the original portals so I was new to the whole concept. However I still found the puzzles to be pretty easy until the end. The story is interesting and humorous from start to finish. The graphics is good, for a puzzle game, I mean if the environment is overly complicated it can be too distracting to the puzzle itself. Imagine if you had to find some button in aI have never played the original portals so I was new to the whole concept. However I still found the puzzles to be pretty easy until the end. The story is interesting and humorous from start to finish. The graphics is good, for a puzzle game, I mean if the environment is overly complicated it can be too distracting to the puzzle itself. Imagine if you had to find some button in a field of grass or something but that's not the case here, every piece of the puzzle is obvious except for the solution. Overall this game is fun and entertaining. Well worth the money. Expand
  76. May 26, 2011
    BEST GAME BY VALVE AT THE MOMENT! They always know how to deliver the quality of a game that we want. Valve is the number 1 game developer at the moment and I can positively say, that this is a game you should buy. Now we must just wait for HL2 Episode 3
  77. May 26, 2011
    Great game! Really! I finished it on Tuesday.
    It has only one drawback: I do not want to play it a second time.
    Why? I do not know ... Do not engage me emotionally.
  78. May 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you loved Portal, you're gonna love this one even more. It has all of aspects of the first game and even more. So Portal 2 starts (about) where the first game ended, Chell being dragged back inside the Aperture Science Enrichment Center. Singleplayer Campaign takes about 6 to 7 hours to play through and it is one of the best singleplayer campaigns ever...permanently. And then there's the Co-op Mode where you solve puzzles with your best buddy. I cannot even imagine what players will come up when the Authoring Tools for this are released. Totally recommended, on of the best. Expand
  79. May 25, 2011
    Good Game. Needs harder Levels and maybe a four player game play... But Value did a good job of making new items and improvements on the game and underlying physics. I do like their Level maker because anyone can make a level easily.
  80. May 25, 2011
    Amazing game. I was curious where they were going to take the story because portal one didn't have too much story. But the puzzles are fun and the game's story is really well done. It is an amazing work of art.
  81. May 25, 2011
    I love this game! With its amazing singleplayer, funny co-op, amazing gameplay and awesome story, it is one of the best games ever! The biggest problem with it is that the co-op isn't that replayible, but that is ok as long as it is awesome
  82. May 24, 2011
    I liked Portal 2 just as much as I liked Portal 1. Both games are very good. Me and my brother thoroughly enjoyed the co-op portion of the game. I'm looking forward to the third installment!
  83. May 23, 2011
    An amazing game with epic visual scope. Short and sweet like a juicy morning quickie. Only 9 because I want a whole lot more. Didn't see the twist coming until the very end.
  84. May 22, 2011
    Valve delivers again with a game that is both witty in its mechanics as it is in its story and dialogue. Portal 1 was a flawless albeit short experience that shows that new ideas can be merged with old preconceptions. Always innovating, Portal 2 is an excellent puzzle challenge that will keep you amused for about 8 hours. It also has a nice co-op campaign that furthers the gameplay a lotValve delivers again with a game that is both witty in its mechanics as it is in its story and dialogue. Portal 1 was a flawless albeit short experience that shows that new ideas can be merged with old preconceptions. Always innovating, Portal 2 is an excellent puzzle challenge that will keep you amused for about 8 hours. It also has a nice co-op campaign that furthers the gameplay a lot more.
    It holds your hand a little bit, and some puzzles require more trial and error than thought & skill, but overall it is a very solid game.
  85. May 22, 2011
    Portal 2 is a ridiculously fun game, and worth every penny. Possibly the best game ever made. Single player is brilliant, co-op was a joy. The storytelling was tight and inventive, as well as being hilarious. Everyone should play this game!
  86. May 22, 2011
    The best game this year! It's miles away in quality from other puzzle games on the PC (exept for Braid I suppouse). What's great: story, dialogs, CHARACTER DESIGN, LEVEL DESIGN, co-op mode, music score, tutorials
    What's wrong: may be slightly too unrealistic physics for a game that bases on it so heavily...
  87. May 22, 2011
    Valve is one of the developers in this world that I trust unconditionally. They are a developer that make any kind of game they want, and I will support it. Although this may be considered slight fanboyism, and I'll admit I do tend to defend Valve whenever I can, Valve has the track record for me to trust them unconditionally. Portal 2 further reinforces this standpoint. Although itValve is one of the developers in this world that I trust unconditionally. They are a developer that make any kind of game they want, and I will support it. Although this may be considered slight fanboyism, and I'll admit I do tend to defend Valve whenever I can, Valve has the track record for me to trust them unconditionally. Portal 2 further reinforces this standpoint. Although it seems to take itself a little less serious than the first Portal, I found myself not caring, as I chuckled and laughed at almost every bit of dialogue muttered. The puzzles also seem to be an overall upgrade from the first. I did infact find myself a little stuck on a few puzzles. However, after standing around and thinking for a good 10 minutes, I finally realized what I should be doing. Valve has done a marvelous job with Portal 2, the writing is several times above it's predecessor, and the additional characters, and sheer absurdity of some bits are quite a welcome difference from the super serious space marine adventure normally found in games nowadays. Portal 2 is probably the best game I've played in the past few years, being preceded by Uncharted 2, and Half-Life 2. Well worth the money I spent, and I will most definitely relive this game quite a few times in the future. Expand
  88. May 20, 2011
    Portal 2 brings back Aperture Laboratories in a whole new world and new characters. It's unforgettable and funny while testing the player's brain at mind bending puzzles. It's an awesome game that tests the brain while having the awesomeness of an action/adventure game. Portal 2 will encourage players to use their brain to solve these mind bending puzzles, a perfect game to ensure brainPortal 2 brings back Aperture Laboratories in a whole new world and new characters. It's unforgettable and funny while testing the player's brain at mind bending puzzles. It's an awesome game that tests the brain while having the awesomeness of an action/adventure game. Portal 2 will encourage players to use their brain to solve these mind bending puzzles, a perfect game to ensure brain usage during the summer unlike mindless killing games. Expand
  89. May 20, 2011
    Greatly improved to the previous title. Better and more complex levels. Nice und improved story, funny dialogues and a lot of more ways to get through the levels. 9/10
  90. May 19, 2011
    It's a great game that I honestly recommend to everybody I know, even for the price point. Those rating it low, remember once the developer tools come out there will be loads of very, very difficult, as well as some easy and also just plain fun, maps to play for absolutely free. There won't really be story to those maps, but at least it will lengthen the game substantially, thus making itIt's a great game that I honestly recommend to everybody I know, even for the price point. Those rating it low, remember once the developer tools come out there will be loads of very, very difficult, as well as some easy and also just plain fun, maps to play for absolutely free. There won't really be story to those maps, but at least it will lengthen the game substantially, thus making it worth the $50. All in all it is an amazing game that is well worth the money, even if you have to wait a little while for the extra maps. Expand
  91. May 19, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant game. If you like puzzles at all this is a must buy. My only minor gripe would be that the single-player was dumbed down just a bit compared to the first game. However, everything else about the game is perfect.
  92. May 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is 14 hours of gameplay. I think I spent good time with this valve's game :) I'm waiting for a dlc :) Valve is doing the best games of the world!
  93. May 19, 2011
    10/10 - I struggle to give 10/10 for a game, and don't misunderstand - this game isn't absolutely perfect - but it is as close to perfection as a game is likely to get and 9/10 just doesn't seem good enough. The story and script is top notch, the graphics and controls are all but flawless and the sense of achievement is thoroughly satisfying.
    If I had to criticize - it would be out of a
    If I had to criticize - it would be out of a desire for more! The game isn't all that replayable until some time has passed for you to forget some of the puzzles. It would be nice to have a set of "challenge" levels to really stretch the old noggin.
    All-in-all, best game I have played in the last couple of years by quite a way.
  94. May 18, 2011
    Portal 2 is a well-designed sequel to 2007's Portal. It exceeds the original game by pitting you against trickier tests with many ways to solve each one. It's a satisfying ride with puzzles that could leave you scratching your head for minutes on end. Valve has really out-done themselves with this one. The only downside is the myriad of loading screens.
  95. May 17, 2011
    I have to say i was going to be one of those "not worth the money... only 6hours of game play!" types then i was i finally got another to do CoOp If you feel like you have only got half the playtime you are expecting and have not done all of CoOp well to be honest that is only because you played half the game. BUT WAIT I FORGETTING HIDEOUS DLC THAT GIVE UNFAIR ADG... oh what is that it doeI have to say i was going to be one of those "not worth the money... only 6hours of game play!" types then i was i finally got another to do CoOp If you feel like you have only got half the playtime you are expecting and have not done all of CoOp well to be honest that is only because you played half the game. BUT WAIT I FORGETTING HIDEOUS DLC THAT GIVE UNFAIR ADG... oh what is that it doe not give an advantages? When why are people complaining? They want it but do not want to buy it? Tell that to Porsche I would love one of their cars for free... they say no? How about a free hamburger Wendy's... sonic perhaps? Whataburger? oh to bad. Guess you have to pay for things that cost money... who knew. Expand
  96. May 17, 2011
    Portal 2 sets the bar miles above anything else Valve has done. Its writing, voice acting, pacing, game mechanics, art direction, and level design are pure genius.
    I've played literally hundreds of video games over my life; good and bad, across many different genres. Portal 2 exceeds ALL of them in nearly every way. Put simply, Portal 2 is the best game I have ever played, and probably one of the best ever made.
  97. May 17, 2011
    Great Game! About twice as long as the first one and it played very well. The story was new and not completely predictable. They added new game play elements that were great and the coop was even better! For everyone that marked this game down for all the day one DLC, the DLC was only costumes. Who really wants the costumes anyways? All in All, I loved this game!
  98. May 17, 2011
    Perfect, this game is a ten. The reason I bought this game was for the campaign and it definitely delivered after having to fill some pretty big shoes left by Portal 1. Over the past couple years, I have played through Portal several times and have a strong feeling Portal 2 will offer then same incentive. The voice acting and characters in this iteration of Portal shine as you work yourPerfect, this game is a ten. The reason I bought this game was for the campaign and it definitely delivered after having to fill some pretty big shoes left by Portal 1. Over the past couple years, I have played through Portal several times and have a strong feeling Portal 2 will offer then same incentive. The voice acting and characters in this iteration of Portal shine as you work your way through the different puzzle rooms. Portal 2 offers a great combination of platforming challenge and storytelling. It is a ton of fun figuring out where to place your portals while listening to the witty banter from the characters around you.

I would recommend Portal to anyone who really doesn't play video games and now there is another recommendation, Portal 2.

1. Oct 20, 2011