8.8

1. May 17, 2011
    Portal 2 is a good sequel to the first Portal. It offers a lot more content and a bit more cohesive story. You get plenty of witty dialog and jokes, which make up a good part of the game. The puzzles are mostly easy to figure out, and probably only a few at best will stump you a bit if you are truly "thinking in portals." The co-op game is completely separate from the single player andPortal 2 is a good sequel to the first Portal. It offers a lot more content and a bit more cohesive story. You get plenty of witty dialog and jokes, which make up a good part of the game. The puzzles are mostly easy to figure out, and probably only a few at best will stump you a bit if you are truly "thinking in portals." The co-op game is completely separate from the single player and while it's a bit shorter than the sp game, the co-op is worth playing and equally enjoyable. If you enjoyed the first, definitely check out Portal 2, it's worth it. If you weren't impressed with the first one, this won't win you over. Also, Valve will be offering some free content for all platforms in the near future. Plays well on the PC and would definitely *not* consider it a "bad console port," as many like to say. Expand
  2. cmd
    May 17, 2011
    Good looking, fun and interesting story with cool twitches makes this one of the more pleasant experience this year together with Crysis 2.

It's not far from being a 10 but drops down to 9 because of it's short single player that was a lot easier than in Portal 1 that required fast actioned portal shooting that their is none of in Portal 2.
  3. May 17, 2011
    Superb game. Well paced single player experience, with the best storytelling, level design, art design, humour, dialogue and voice acting in a video game I can ever recall. And a terrific ending. While the game engine is starting to show its age, the game still looks very nice, with some fantastic special effects, and the direction and animation of the scripted events is spectacular. ButSuperb game. Well paced single player experience, with the best storytelling, level design, art design, humour, dialogue and voice acting in a video game I can ever recall. And a terrific ending. While the game engine is starting to show its age, the game still looks very nice, with some fantastic special effects, and the direction and animation of the scripted events is spectacular. But how is it as a game? Truth be told, the game is a bit short at 8-10 hours for single player, and a further 4 hours or so for coop. However this is offset somewhat by the fact you will have a massive grin on your face the entire time. The single player puzzles are a tad on the easy side, with the game choosing to add new puzzle elements rather than ramp up the difficulty and complexity of puzzles. But it's always fresh and fun, and it's still hugely satisfying to solve. The coop missions are a bit more tricky, and it's very fun to bring about the demise of your partner in hilarious ways (eg carrying a turret around to shoot them with!), but nothing here is so difficult it will have you rage quitting. Sadly absent from this game are the challenge chambers from the first game. Once you've finished the game, there's little incentive to go back, except to experience the excellent voice acting over again, or to find new ways to 'accidently' destroy your partner in coop. Plus you can only resume the game from a save point, there's no option to skip back to individual chapters or test rooms in the single player game. The DLC is limited to overpriced customizations for your coop 'bots, so don't waste your time there. Plus it's just downright rude to sell DLC from day 0. Any content available from day 0 should be in the game that's shipped, it's cheap to try and gouge customers of more cash from the beginning. I do hope that new challenge chambers or more 'parallel' adventures will be released for Portal 2 in a future update, the game really suffers in longevity because of it. How about a random test chamber generator? But niggles aside, Portal 2 is the best gaming experience I've had for a long, long time. It could have had more bells and whistles, but it's still worth 10/10. Expand
  4. May 16, 2011
    This game is action packed, not only that it has a great story to it and it keeps you on the edge of your seat always wanting more. The graphics are stunning and it plays tricks with your mind its a brain teaser and makes you think. I like the fact its linked through my PS3 through steam so I can continue on either platform. If you want a great game that is alot of fun and begs you to keepThis game is action packed, not only that it has a great story to it and it keeps you on the edge of your seat always wanting more. The graphics are stunning and it plays tricks with your mind its a brain teaser and makes you think. I like the fact its linked through my PS3 through steam so I can continue on either platform. If you want a great game that is alot of fun and begs you to keep playing it I highly recommend this game to anyone.

Thanks

ucjohn
  5. May 16, 2011
    Portal 2 is a unique puzzle/adventure game! it is full of great set pieces, and some of the most memorable moments in gaming history, and also dont forget the hilarious humor Portal 2 has to offer! Please check out our full Portal 2 review! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOswzF-i6mQ
  6. May 16, 2011
    The game is absolutely stunning. It took me about 8 hours for the single-player campaign according to Steam meter and these were the 8 hours of absolute brain candy. Some may say it is not enough for 50 bucks but I can tell you it is much better deal than paying 30 for a 2 hour movie and yet people are not complaining about that. Also it feels just right - add 30 minutes more and it wouldThe game is absolutely stunning. It took me about 8 hours for the single-player campaign according to Steam meter and these were the 8 hours of absolute brain candy. Some may say it is not enough for 50 bucks but I can tell you it is much better deal than paying 30 for a 2 hour movie and yet people are not complaining about that. Also it feels just right - add 30 minutes more and it would become either repetitive or would have to add more game elements making the game much longer. My guess is that Valve probably had much more material, probably enough for a good expansion pack or even Portal 3, but I think they have chosen to make the game shorter on purpose. This way it can be more polished and can be finished in one weekend so that player would not lose the immersion by interrupting it in the middle. I have not played the coop mission since it is hard to find time but I did not buy the game for the multiplayer option anyway.

The design is beautiful, the story is great and has those sudden twists that remind me of some of the David Lynch movies. Puzzle difficulty is spot on - just hard enough to bring you to the verge of frustration but never carries you to the land of long wasted hours spent trying to figure out what you are supposed to do and cheating by going online. I even thought for the moment that it may be user adaptive since I was able to just blend into the story so well and solve everything without me being a typical puzzle gamer - I play mostly FPS but occasionally do the old style Myst type adventures. The quality of work is what I expect from Valve - not a single glitch and level design is done so carefully that each frame is a piece worthy of display. Games like this make video gaming an art form. I care less if it is is DX9 or 11 but one thing I would want is a little more world interactivity - perhaps in the style of Bioshock where player could read some diaries, e-mails etc. Also with all the vast number of objects in the game none can be manipulated even if just for the heck of it - feels somewhat 90s or early 00s. But I guess that is done on purpose so that puzzles would not become too easy in some cases. After all we are taken to a lab environment, meaning it is controlled.

Is this the best game ever? Matter of taste. But it is definite 10 points and makes my personal list of the best games ever together with HL/HL2, Escape from Butcher Bay, Bioshock and S.T.A.L.K.E.R (this one after all the patches in place and if played in Russian) and perhaps Doom 3. Only these could capture and keep me in their world through entire game and that is how I judge a game.
  7. May 15, 2011
    It's impossible to give a note from this game different from 10.Its perfect in every detail and really drags you into it...Amazing!Perfect!Sublime!Simply the best Valve game ever.
  8. May 15, 2011
    Graphics are OK. The game can be easily maxed out with a mid-range GPU. Dialogues are excellent, guaranteed to crack you up. Sound effects are very crisp and fits well within the environment. Never saw any game breaker bugs or whatsoever. A game that requires me to use my brain? Oh yes, it deserves nothing less than a 10/10.
  9. May 15, 2011
    Best game of 2011! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best! Best!
  10. May 14, 2011
    This is the PERFECT sequel, aside from Valve's other masterpiece sequel of which I don't even need to name. Everything that was awesome about Portal is here, only multiplied by ten. The puzzles are extraordinarily creative, and each new item to manipulate is more fun than the previous one. It's so rare to see a game have so many fun concepts that all work perfectly together. I think theThis is the PERFECT sequel, aside from Valve's other masterpiece sequel of which I don't even need to name. Everything that was awesome about Portal is here, only multiplied by ten. The puzzles are extraordinarily creative, and each new item to manipulate is more fun than the previous one. It's so rare to see a game have so many fun concepts that all work perfectly together. I think the one criticism that people are throwing at it is really unfair - that it's not original or it's too easy. This is baloney. Yes, it's not an entirely new concept, but it is packed to the brim with brilliant new ones and carries over just a few from the first game. It's much more diverse, there are more characters, there are fun plot twists...the list goes on. Since it does carry over a few concepts, some might say the game is too easy. But this is just a stupid point - if you have played the first one then you already know the solution to some of the sequels puzzles, and you are much more aware of the abstract ways to get to exits. It's not the developer's fault that they can't erase some of these standards from veteran's brains. If the first portal did not exist, this game would be labeled very difficult. There were times when I just sat back and thought through a puzzle, and the game would do this to me frequently over my 11 hour playthrough. I never once was completely stumped, as I was not in the first one. It's difficulty is just right. One last thing - the dialogue is fantastic and cannot be beat by any other game out there. The writing is just hilarious and the voice acting rises to meet this excellence. Don't hesitate to get this. I haven't even played Co-op yet but I have already had a good enough time to justify my purchase - and then some. Expand
  11. May 14, 2011
    I'm not going to judge Portal 2 based on the Potato Sack, I'm not going to judge it based on how it compares to Half-Life 2, I'm not going to judge it on its optional day 1 DLC, I'm going to judge it solely as a video game. And as a video game, it's virtually perfect. It's a great puzzle game, with a steady difficulty curve, wonderfully developed characters, some sparkling moments ofI'm not going to judge Portal 2 based on the Potato Sack, I'm not going to judge it based on how it compares to Half-Life 2, I'm not going to judge it on its optional day 1 DLC, I'm going to judge it solely as a video game. And as a video game, it's virtually perfect. It's a great puzzle game, with a steady difficulty curve, wonderfully developed characters, some sparkling moments of humor, and (perhaps most importantly for the internet) features several obviously memetic elements.
    The single player takes between six and ten hours, depending on how well-versed you are in the mechanics of Portal. It's divided into three separate acts, each with new game mechanics that make for new experiences and puzzle methods throughout. Portal was a stellar game, that consisted almost solely of solving mind-bending puzzles while a disembodied voice spouts humorous, quotable saying in your ear. This is also the central mechanic of Portal 2, but with less mind-numbing and more humorous, quotable sayings. The game's three acts can be easily identified by which voice is talking to you: Act 1 brings the return of Portal 1's joyously mad AI GLaDOS, Act 2 brings J.K. Simmons as more cconventionally mad CEO Cave Johnson, and Act 3 has Stephen Merchant (that guy from The Office) as Wheatley, the power-mad, cheeky personality core. The ending is amazing, and the story retains Half-Life's vague, almost mean sense of withholding something.
    The co-op campaign is more true to the original Portal, with only sparse comments from GLaDOS in the way of lines, and the puzzles being brain-breakingly difficult even for 2 people. The ending is also nicely noncommital in the way of story, as I have come to expect from Valve.
    Overall, one of the main negatives with the game has appeared to be the loading screens. I agree-what happened to Half-Life's simple, non-intrusive "LOADING" bubble? I don't want big Aperture Science logos plastered onto the screen; I'm saving those for the inevitable dearth of Portal 2 t-shirts.
  12. May 13, 2011
    I really enjoyed the sequal to one of my most favorite games of all time. I do think that some reviews on here are, however poorly done.
    The gameplay is still the same as the first Portal, it is still difficult in some parts, requiring some thought (this isn't for those FPS-minded people). The story is wonderful and hilarious, Cave Johnson being a comical character as well as Wheatley, but who could still forget GlaDOS's cruel speeches, one of the things that made the first Portal so wonderful.
    I just have a hard time thinking of any cons, I was able to get this game for $30, and I find the price totally justified. One thing that Valve does so well and that some reviewers seem to not take into mind is the massive customization of their games. All of their games have custom maps, mods, and the like, and with such a big community (and websites just dedicated to this stuff), the games are easily replayable years later. Another thing I noticed is about the DLC, I think people are overreacting to it, its no different to Team Fortress 2's system as in you don't need it to beat the game, its just for aesthetic purposes, it does not mean they will start charging you to do certain things (how do people get these ideas?).

As for being a console port, I fail to see how it is a console port as the PC version is the best version to get as you get free patches and extremely easy access to custom content. If its graphics, their not trying to create Graphic-intense games (Although they still look good). And there are hardly any bugs that I have seen that distracts from gameplay.
  13. May 13, 2011
    I wish I could rate this a number between 8 and 9 like 8.5/

I wish I could rate this a number between 8 and 9 like 8.5/

I first want to say that this is a game I thoroughly enjoyed, the first in quite a long time. Portal 2 is definitely one of the highest quality Valve productions I have experienced in a while, and it shows. The environments are rich, and lively. I found myself staring in awe at many maps trying to contemplate how many hours of work must have went into it. The scripted physics events were incredible, and I was impressed at how life like they were whether it be metal walkways being crushed or walls crumbling apart. This game rocks in terms of visuals! Which is quite a statement coming from me, someone who thinks the source engine is past due to be replaced.

Although still solid, I wasn't entirely pleased with the pacing of the game. The great thing about portal is that it seamlessly combined the storyline with puzzle elements of the game into one fluid experience. While portal 2 has some of this, it's also very different. The game is clearly broken up into "story segments" and "puzzle segments." I didn't really like this, and felt It somewhat detracts from the puzzle experience. In this format puzzles almost started to feel tedious. I'd finish a clearly identifiable story segment (which is marked by almost no puzzles) then enter a puzzle segment in the mindset of "okay... Time to grind more puzzles until I can get to the next exciting story part!" Despite my issues with the pacing, the characters, story, and environments did make up for it.

One issue people have been complaining about is gameplay length. I just can't relate, perhaps I'm just a slow problem solver. The singleplayer campaign took me 6.9 hours, and the coop campaign around 5. Which comes out to roughly 12 hours total. This doesn't include replaying the game in commentary mode, gunning for achievements, or searching for hidden easter eggs which has tacked on an additional 7 hours or so for me personally. In general I was satisfied with my purchase of portal 2, and I look forward to my children having the opportunity to play HL2 episode 3 since it will never be released in my lifetime.
  14. May 13, 2011
    Portal 2 has become one of my favorite games of all time and will probably be runner up only to Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim for my favorite game of the year. The levels were innovative and challenging enough to make me think but not get aggravated and predictably Portal 2 had me laughing all the way to the end or the credits. Also, I don't understand why a bunch idiots gave Portal 2 a badPortal 2 has become one of my favorite games of all time and will probably be runner up only to Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim for my favorite game of the year. The levels were innovative and challenging enough to make me think but not get aggravated and predictably Portal 2 had me laughing all the way to the end or the credits. Also, I don't understand why a bunch idiots gave Portal 2 a bad review because it was too short. One could easily rack up over 20 hours with single player, coop, and the developer commentary. Just because you're forever alone, have no friends to play coop, and the single player (half the game) is not long enough for you doesn't make it a bad game. Climb out of your basement and socialize with other meat bags. Expand
  15. May 13, 2011
    It's true to say this isn't the longest game in the world, coming in at about 8-9hrs for single player alone. This is however, the best 9hrs I have spent playing a video game in a long long time, if ever. This isn't just a fun way to kill 9hrs. This is the kind of game that has you gripped from the moment you make your first move. This game is filled with moments that will just blow youIt's true to say this isn't the longest game in the world, coming in at about 8-9hrs for single player alone. This is however, the best 9hrs I have spent playing a video game in a long long time, if ever. This isn't just a fun way to kill 9hrs. This is the kind of game that has you gripped from the moment you make your first move. This game is filled with moments that will just blow you away.

Personally, I wouldn't ask for it to be any longer. It's length is perfect for the story that is told. If I had to recommend a Valve game to a friend I'd choose this. Over Portal 1, over Team Fortress, yes even over Half-life 2. This is valve at their best. They've taken gameplay and turned it into an art form that is nigh on perfect.

When a game is this good, who can blame people for wanting more?
  16. May 13, 2011

Extended review about this great game. No spoilers, some teary moments. Enjoy my friends.
  17. May 12, 2011
    There's no magic inside, just the stuff I would expect from any serious studio. Paradoxically, its still an exception. Considering the garbage thrown at us from all sides, Portal 2 is creating contrast and deserves 10+.
  18. May 11, 2011
    Great quality. Not enough really complex puzzles though. The final puzzle was great, but I wish they would have added more that were equally complex.
  19. May 11, 2011
    If it was an option then this game would easily be getting a 9.5, because it is a brilliant mix of comedy, and ingenuity. The beginning is yourr first taste of what to come, and it starts off on a high note and gets you laughing at the comedy that has made many fans of this game series. But when you reach the puzzles is whenthe game really shows of its capabilities as a puzzle game. TheIf it was an option then this game would easily be getting a 9.5, because it is a brilliant mix of comedy, and ingenuity. The beginning is yourr first taste of what to come, and it starts off on a high note and gets you laughing at the comedy that has made many fans of this game series. But when you reach the puzzles is whenthe game really shows of its capabilities as a puzzle game. The puzzles are interesting, but never beyond your ability, and they truly do help you start "thinking with portals." Sadly, however, puzzles and comedy are not the only parts to this game. As you progress you see longer transitions between puzzles that try to be puzzles themselves but are really just a test of your observational abilities as you search for a far off wall that allows for portals. Another point is that after every puzzle there is a loading screen. This made sense for portal 1 because it was forced beside 4 other games in the orange box, but portal 2makes these loadings seem unexplainable. Luckly, the loads are in a spot that seem natural and do not affect gameplay. This review was only for singleplayer. Multiplayer looks to be more of the same but you are more limited trying to find a friend who has not played it before you lest you lose the ability to figure out the puzzles yourself, but I am satisfied with the single experience alone, so it is worth reviewing alone, though I cannot wait to try coop puzzles. Expand
  20. May 11, 2011
    Massive Gameplay with new complexity due to the new elements but less difficulty!
    The Story and the Dialogues hide the lack of difficulty and length well.

The Coop-Mode is the biggest innovation in the Sequel but, again, it is too short! I loved every millisecond of this Game
  21. May 11, 2011
    Portal 3? perhaps our hero will run into Morgan Freeman in her visit to the outside world, She could get him past locked doors, he can save her from those nasty head humpers. OK maybe not, but Portal 2 single player COULD have been more challenging, but overall is was very entertaining, and the multi player is hilariously fun, although i think my friend mashed me in the first door a fewPortal 3? perhaps our hero will run into Morgan Freeman in her visit to the outside world, She could get him past locked doors, he can save her from those nasty head humpers. OK maybe not, but Portal 2 single player COULD have been more challenging, but overall is was very entertaining, and the multi player is hilariously fun, although i think my friend mashed me in the first door a few TOO many times, but that's OK I got him back with a ninja portal to the abyss. Expand
  22. May 10, 2011
    Great game. I can't decide what game I like better, Portal, or Portal 2. I think I'll go with portal because it felt so original at the time, but by definition the sequel can't be completely original. That doesn't mean it is a rehash - not in the least. They introduce plenty of fun new concepts to combine and play with. That along with some new feeling locations within the compound, newGreat game. I can't decide what game I like better, Portal, or Portal 2. I think I'll go with portal because it felt so original at the time, but by definition the sequel can't be completely original. That doesn't mean it is a rehash - not in the least. They introduce plenty of fun new concepts to combine and play with. That along with some new feeling locations within the compound, new characters and dialog, etc. it never feels like the same old thing. Although I think I liked Portal 1 a little bit better overall, I liked the ending of Portal 2 better, it can easily be described as epic. If you liked Portal 1, you'll like this just as much. Highly recommended! Expand
  23. May 10, 2011
    Whoever is giving this game negative reps needs to wake up and smell the reality. THIS IS THE BEST PC GAME EVER MADE. The plot is fantastic, the gameplay is just awesome, the length is goodly, the co-op is very cool... I just can't think of enough good things to say about it. I have friends who play it on Xbox and PS3, and even they say it's better than anything they're ever seen. Yes, IWhoever is giving this game negative reps needs to wake up and smell the reality. THIS IS THE BEST PC GAME EVER MADE. The plot is fantastic, the gameplay is just awesome, the length is goodly, the co-op is very cool... I just can't think of enough good things to say about it. I have friends who play it on Xbox and PS3, and even they say it's better than anything they're ever seen. Yes, I know that it isn't Call of Duty- that doesn't mean that it has to get a negative review, derp. Portal 2 exceeded all my expectations, and I look forward to the DLC map package coming out this summer. Expand
  24. May 10, 2011
    The good: Great writing and presentation, awesome new mechanics, and just a real ambition for what a game can do.

The bad: Short, less replayability than the first as this game focuses more on puzzles than action and acrobatics, and inevitable but perhaps still disappointing: P2 can't possibly recreate the surprise of P1 when discovering that what looked to be an amusing little puzzle game was actually packed with story, characterization and top notch dark humor.
  25. May 10, 2011
    I agree with many of you in that Valve; did it again; in making another great game. For some of you; Valve created Steam; and Steam is on PC; so some of you say that it was ported from console system; the answer is no. Steam is much older than xbox 360 and ps3; and that it was originally built on a pc; eventually expanded it to console systems. I wont tell the end of the game; but it isI agree with many of you in that Valve; did it again; in making another great game. For some of you; Valve created Steam; and Steam is on PC; so some of you say that it was ported from console system; the answer is no. Steam is much older than xbox 360 and ps3; and that it was originally built on a pc; eventually expanded it to console systems. I wont tell the end of the game; but it is one; that will astonish you. Expand
  26. May 10, 2011
    This game... wow. Pretty darn good. It's hard to formulate an actual description why it's so good. The only thing I can really do point out the few tiny flaws about Portal 2.

My biggest problem is the amount of loading screens, especially in the first half of the game. In Portal 1 you would play through 2 to 3 puzzles before the game would have to load up the next level. Portal 2 is more detailed than the first but the environments still look small enough that them could have fit them together into one level instead of splitting them up with loading screens. All the loading screens kind of hinder rush you might get by completing in rapid secession and kind of break the emission. I can understand this in CO-OP because you want to be able to select a particular puzzle you want to go back and play with your partner, but with single player there's no real need for the amount of loading screens that were present.

The second problem I found was, not to say I didn't get stuck anywhere but, over all looking back at the game I found it to be fairly easy compared to the first game. In Portal 1 there would be a complete wall of where you were able to place portals where in Portal 2 there seemed to be less wall space you are able to shoot a portal onto. This kind of give the player less options of to where to put a portal. Limiting this allowed the player to place portals in the correct places almost for you, thus solving each puzzle faster.

Another thing that made the game easier is that there aren't any puzzles that require the player to preform quick "twitchy" movements or actions. This means that the puzzles are more about figuring them out then actually preforming the actions to solve them. This isn't a bad thing but some players, including myself, miss the "twitch" gameplay element in this title.

Also I found the game to be a tiny bit short for a full 50-60 dollar game. It took me about seven hours to complete single player and about six to beat CO-OP. As a shooter this is a bit longer then your average Call of Duty or Battlefield but as a puzzle/adventure game it seems kind of short. This is really true with CO-OP since there's really no re-playability what so ever. This is shockingly short if you compare this to other Valves other first-person shooter games like Half-Life 2 which took some players 20 hours to beat! With that said Valve is planning on releasing more content for the game in the near future, FOR FREE, including the "challenge chambers."

The covers the bad things. To some people would be annoyed with these problems, but they can be overlooked with the sheer quality of the game and fantastic writing and voice acting. The one thing that really got me was the single players ending. OH, MY, GOD. AMAZING! If this was another game they wouldn't have been able to get away with this, but because this is Portal it totally works and ****, is ever so amazing! It has to be the best ending to a game I've ever seen, ever.
  27. May 9, 2011
    Enjoyed the atmosphere and settings of the game and puzzles were really satisfying. Just finished a single player and final boss was very very easy puzzle compared to some other puzzles of the game. It's quite long game as for fps puzzle and well worth the money spend.
  28. May 9, 2011
    Here you have it. This game has a great chance of becoming the game of the year. The length of it isn't very impressive, but you know what I tend to say? Quality comes before quantity. And boy, if you knew the quality of this game.

First of all, the single-player can be finished in between five and ten hours, depending on how fast you go, if you stay to listen at the hilarious dialogue the game has, and how much of a genius you are. It doesn't have too much of replayability, but it's likely that you play it twice. I'm at my second playthrough as of now, and I'm still enjoying it.
    The second part of the game is my favourite one. The co-op. I have always said that co-op makes any game better, and that still stands. But what valve gave me exceeded my highest expectations. I couldn't go anywhere without my friend, I couldn't achieve anything at all. I needed him as much as he needed me. A lot, that is. I loved it.

With very loveable characters, a wonderful story and very original ideas, Valve once again shows us what they have to offer. And they only offer the best.
    So disregard the haters, and go buy the game. Because, you know what? Everything is fine here, Everything is more than fine.
  29. Sid
    May 9, 2011
    Makes the original look like a prototype. Valve has certainly done it again, and how.Portal 2 delivers in all the ways one can think of, and then some.Don't go on the baseless reviews with 0's,Portal 2 is definitely more challenging, more fun and much more portal-y than ever before.
  30. May 8, 2011
    Portal 2 is a new fresh addition to the game-world of today, when I think of none-violence games that really made it Portal and the Sims are the only ones that comes to mind. Like it's predecessor Portal (1), Portal 2 is a puzzle based game played out with portals with a sense of humor. The game is great and well thought through, although the Singelplayer missions miss the "magic" thatPortal 2 is a new fresh addition to the game-world of today, when I think of none-violence games that really made it Portal and the Sims are the only ones that comes to mind. Like it's predecessor Portal (1), Portal 2 is a puzzle based game played out with portals with a sense of humor. The game is great and well thought through, although the Singelplayer missions miss the "magic" that Portal (1) had, but that is gained in the new co-op mode. The only thing that brings it down is that it's not Portal (1), and that's it's only flaw. It's not easy to be the sequel to what can possibly be the best game ever made. 10/10 Expand
  31. May 7, 2011
    A worthy successor to Portal. The game's fast paced puzzling and humor are it's strong points. And for those looking for more of a challenge the co-op mode offers more complex puzzles. Though it's a longer game than the original, it's still only 5-10 hours long depending on your pacing. However, these are 5-10 hours well worth spending.
  32. May 7, 2011
    The most enjoyable 6 hours of gaming I've had in years. The puzzles were balanced pretty much perfectly, the dialogue writing was funny, and the visuals are stunning. What else can you ask for? Eagerly waiting to try out the co-op mode next.
  33. May 7, 2011
    Portal 2 expands on the amazing foundations of Portal and creates a rich environment and story to parallel it's innovative gameplay. I enjoyed almost everything about this game. I only wish there were more game modes/maps to keep me playing. I hope they do DLC.
  34. May 7, 2011
    This is a great game, I LOVE IT! The characters fit with the game, and it seems like revenge from Portal 1. There's many mysterious events in this game that completely changed the entire game! I don't like to give spoilers, but while you play this game, you won't believe how much the game changes while you're through the game. From time to time, the characters change, Everything goesThis is a great game, I LOVE IT! The characters fit with the game, and it seems like revenge from Portal 1. There's many mysterious events in this game that completely changed the entire game! I don't like to give spoilers, but while you play this game, you won't believe how much the game changes while you're through the game. From time to time, the characters change, Everything goes completely different, after a while the game gets confusing and a TRUE puzzle. Most people say its quick, because a lot of people press "alt, tab", go on youtube, and watch the tutorial, then it takes less than 5 minutes. The game is a lot more fun when you don't go on videos to cheat, watch spoilers, and much more to ruin this game. Ok, so anyway. These puzzles are outstanding, the maps are great and the obstacle courses are unbelievable! Your mind will be blown at the begining of this gameplay if you buy this game. So, If you haven't bought it yet, It's totally worth the money! Expand
  35. May 6, 2011
    The people rating this game low are wrong. Objectively. Look, I'm usually the first to say that art is subjective, and opinions are opinions, but you are wrong here.

First, the difficulty - of *course* Portal 2 felt easier. Go back and play Portal again. See how easy it is now? In fact, playing Portal again is very instructive, because it highlights just how much of an improvement Portal 2 is. Half of the difficulty in Portal was learning to 'think with Portals' - it was the underlying game mechanic that made it difficult. Once the novelty wears off, of course things are easier.

Portal worked because it had a tight focus and a deep sense of isolation - there were only 5 characters (depending on how you define characters - Rat Man, Chell, GLADoS, Turret(s), and Companion Cube), only one was human, and that was fantastic. But the sequel is funnier. It has better writing and direction throughout. More variety in the puzzles and environments.

It is a very different game, but if Valve had just made 'another Portal', it would have felt like a hollow sequel. They instead tried new things, both with the puzzles and with the narrative. The listened to the old advice of innovate or die.

Now, for the DLC criticisms. Please read this: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/8819-Experienced-Points-DLC-for-Dummies
  36. May 5, 2011
    Very fun game, Funny character's, Great Story, but a little short for my taste. Still a great hit. It really can make you feel smart when you complete a level, but make's you feel dumb when if you get stuck for a few min's longer than you should have. One downfall, not bad enough to make my score change, but add more puzzle missions, just for fun, ya know they should have made moreVery fun game, Funny character's, Great Story, but a little short for my taste. Still a great hit. It really can make you feel smart when you complete a level, but make's you feel dumb when if you get stuck for a few min's longer than you should have. One downfall, not bad enough to make my score change, but add more puzzle missions, just for fun, ya know they should have made more Test's you could do, not for the main story. They did a great job with Co-op, play PC with PS3, to bad they didn't make a solo style one also, like campaign but without the story. Expand
  37. May 5, 2011
    The quality of the game is simply amazing, the storyline is well made, the graphics are nice, the gameplay is outstanding. Valve sure knows how to make awesome video games. 10 / 10 !
  38. May 5, 2011
    Let me start of by saying whoever thinks that this game is difficult is a idiot. This game is unrealistic and the graphics are garbage.The game is extremely boring. Great job Valve!
  39. May 5, 2011
    What an amazing game, truly this is another masterpiece coming from Valve. A true sequel, though not as surprisingly delicious as the first Portal, but that's because expectations where WAY high. It's not easy to compete when a game is being compared to the original portal, but even with that in mind Valve did a great job creating this sequel. Fans will not be disappointed. The lack ofWhat an amazing game, truly this is another masterpiece coming from Valve. A true sequel, though not as surprisingly delicious as the first Portal, but that's because expectations where WAY high. It's not easy to compete when a game is being compared to the original portal, but even with that in mind Valve did a great job creating this sequel. Fans will not be disappointed. The lack of challenges will be fixed soon with a FREE-for-all-consoles (yes, including xBox) update. I love you Valve! Expand
  40. May 5, 2011
    An essential addition to any gamer's collection. I found the game highly enjoyable in all aspects (sound, graphics, story, play) but one: my partner-in-crime and I could've finished the vast majority of co-op mode without the other if it weren't for the fact that we needed the other to step on a button or two. However, this didn't really detract from our overall enjoyment of both playAn essential addition to any gamer's collection. I found the game highly enjoyable in all aspects (sound, graphics, story, play) but one: my partner-in-crime and I could've finished the vast majority of co-op mode without the other if it weren't for the fact that we needed the other to step on a button or two. However, this didn't really detract from our overall enjoyment of both play modes, and the 25 hours I've logged so far are just the beginning. Expand
  41. May 4, 2011
    This is the Only game which i have ever played which tops the experience of portal 1. It has such an amazing scale of interaction with the player and it really does make you feel like you're there. There are some games which you can play but not experience and live so when youve played it you dont remember it. Portal 2 Completely overwhelms that by giving you an almost emotional attachmentThis is the Only game which i have ever played which tops the experience of portal 1. It has such an amazing scale of interaction with the player and it really does make you feel like you're there. There are some games which you can play but not experience and live so when youve played it you dont remember it. Portal 2 Completely overwhelms that by giving you an almost emotional attachment with the characters. When i played i really did fel angry at the betrayals and guilty for assuming incorrectly about characters. At the end there was only one thought that went through my head and that was 'i want to go back...NOW'. the gameplay has topped itself by making you constantly think and hope throughout the puzzles and the moment when your brain just 'clicks' into realisation gives you an amazing feeling of smugness. The graphics are amazing too with a huge improvement over portal 1 thereby making the game even more captivating. The multiplayer is amazing with a freind or a stranger since theres still the moment of realisation but then you are still feeling like you're beating the other player to completeing the puzzle. In conclusion i am hoping that the map maker that they are supposedly producing is soon released because that would be the only thing needed to keep players captivated for many more years.....or until Half-Life: episode 3 is released :) Expand
  42. May 4, 2011
    Its amazing how a game actually manages to have the best gameplay, as well as the best acting and writing I've encountered thus far this year. If you enjoyed Portal 1, you'll enjoy this.
  43. May 4, 2011
    Brilliant game, Valve once again have shown why they are such a game-making powerhouse. The game is based on an already tested idea in half-life series and first portal, with only necessary tweaks done to vary the gameplay. So, basically we have the more the same but better. The strongest point of Portal two is definitely its narration and story presented. GLADOS and Whetley banter,Brilliant game, Valve once again have shown why they are such a game-making powerhouse. The game is based on an already tested idea in half-life series and first portal, with only necessary tweaks done to vary the gameplay. So, basically we have the more the same but better. The strongest point of Portal two is definitely its narration and story presented. GLADOS and Whetley banter, hilarious black-humorous Announcer, an addition of retro Cave Jonhson character...here lies the true power of Valve, because playing is well...as said before, Portal with tweaks. In reality, the only low points of the game and the reason why some of hot headed reviewers gave game bad reviews, are not-so-long playing time. Nothing of big concern, the story is quite long, wraps itself nice and you feel only a little regret that it is over, but not, for example, an anger that you played while eating dinner and it was suddenly over. The second lowdown are simple ,as for part two of already developed idea, puzzles. On a commentary track authors actually admitted that it was intentional not make game too hard. With the first game, it wouldn't be a problem, but with a second release, there must be expectations to have some more sophisticated challenges. Saying as saying, those two arenâ Expand
  44. May 4, 2011
    I played this game over at my friends place , since i was skeptical of the 40â
  45. May 4, 2011
    Valve are legends of the gaming industry, no doubt about it. For those who are complaining that the game didn't go towards YOUR expectations, you're missing out on an obvious nominee for Game of the Year. Continuing the innovative gameplay and story from the first game, Portal 2 expands the story tenfold into an epic journey through the history of Aperture and the AI struggle over controlValve are legends of the gaming industry, no doubt about it. For those who are complaining that the game didn't go towards YOUR expectations, you're missing out on an obvious nominee for Game of the Year. Continuing the innovative gameplay and story from the first game, Portal 2 expands the story tenfold into an epic journey through the history of Aperture and the AI struggle over control and power. Gameplay is top-notch, and each campaign feels complete and entertaining despite their short lengths...if you're a pro at Portal. And of course, graphics are phenomenal in presenting the haunted remnants of Aperture, and Sound Design is great. Oh, and the sarcasm and humor are still there. So, if you want the greatest experience of gaming this year, Portal 2 will be your buy. Expand
  46. May 3, 2011
    Portal 2 is the best puzzle game I have ever played (though I don't play many). It's amazing from start to finish, with it's great humour and mind bending puzzles.

Portal 2 also includes a co-op mode which is just as good as the single player. The co-op puzzles can get quite difficult whilst using 4 portals, lasers, gels and more.. Portal 2 is the best game of it's type so far this

Portal 2 is the best game of it's type so far this year, or possibly the past 4 years, with great characters, dialog and fantastic plot.
  47. May 3, 2011
    A brilliant game made with amazing ideas, but lacking difficulty. Was I the only person that felt as if the game lacked? I felt like a little bit was missing when I completed the game. When I analyzed how the SP played, I figured out why. 1. The game is quite linear. As you progress, you begin to notice that if there is a white spot on the wall, you will more than likely have to use it toA brilliant game made with amazing ideas, but lacking difficulty. Was I the only person that felt as if the game lacked? I felt like a little bit was missing when I completed the game. When I analyzed how the SP played, I figured out why. 1. The game is quite linear. As you progress, you begin to notice that if there is a white spot on the wall, you will more than likely have to use it to complete the puzzles. Most of them can only be done 1 way. 2. Gameplay never goes in depth. You never have to do anything nearly as difficult as the original Portal, which sometimes required quick reflexes, and double portal jumping. It seems as though the game is consolized a bit. I thought that by purchasing it on PC, I would be getting a better experience (minus graphics), but I found that to not be true because the responsiveness of a mouse and keyboard were not utilized throughout the game. You rarely have to incorporate more than 1 thing in order to solve a puzzle once you figure it out, and they begin to get easier to figure out as you progress due to the linear level design. The levels begin to lack variety and I never felt like it fully introduced me into using the gels as a way of solving levels. They felt more like they were introduced and left at that. You simply use them once a level and are done. 3. The game had too many loading screens which didn't help immerse me in the game. Sure, they were short, but very frequent, sometimes within a minute of each other. 4. Lack of Real-time destruction. The game nice scripted events that were very elaborate. Sadly, these grew tiresome to me toward the end of the game. I wanted to be able to break the glass myself (you can't). I wanted to pick up chairs and interact with broken glass shards (you can't). About the only thing you can interact with besides the main storyline things are cups.
    With the rant out of the way, I will say I was impressed with the storyline, and even the graphics in certain areas. The large scale of some of the maps were a nice change from the small rooms. The glass was the most realistic I have ever seen in a video game (sadly it is all scripted). The gels look amazing when put on high (on medium they look like floating pentagons). The vegetation looks like some of the most defined I have ever seen. The lighting and shadows were greatly improved to be close to the best I have seen (I have only played DX9 games). The ending was spectacular (although I can't remember the end-game song because I felt like it lacked a catchy tune). The coop ... well, that is interesting. It actually has some things the SP left out. When I complete a level on coop, I feel accomplished (unlike SP where I frequently said,"Is that it?"). The levels are more complex and require teamwork in order to complete them. The only problem with it is that I felt like the levels were a bit linear at times. Well, to wrap it up. I give the game a 9.3 due to the simple-minded, yet elegant SP and crisp coop. Hope you enjoyed reading and if you stayed this long I assume you agree with me.
  48. May 3, 2011
    Portal 2, the sequel to the wonderful Portal, has everything that Portal has, except that feeling of mock gravitas. While the game is interesting in its own right, it largely fails to go back to its roots of Portal, and feels like it tries a bit too hard to add depth where depth was never needed. However, the depth is appreciated, albeit attached like an odd appendage, and so doesn'tPortal 2, the sequel to the wonderful Portal, has everything that Portal has, except that feeling of mock gravitas. While the game is interesting in its own right, it largely fails to go back to its roots of Portal, and feels like it tries a bit too hard to add depth where depth was never needed. However, the depth is appreciated, albeit attached like an odd appendage, and so doesn't detract from the game's storyline.

The game play is wonderful, and the addition of other environmental elements (not listed for spoiler reasons), including the 'original' (predating those used in Portal, but now available) test elements, enhances the game play so much that it is almost possible to overlook the failed attempt at gravitas.
  49. May 3, 2011
    This is an absolutely fantastic game. Sure, it's a tad short, but I still managed to easily get 8 hours out of the single player campaign. This game excels at many things, but two things really stood out for me: Level design and the characters' personalities. The gameplay is up-to-par with what we have come to expect from a Valve game. Overall, this game is a blast to play and you'll findThis is an absolutely fantastic game. Sure, it's a tad short, but I still managed to easily get 8 hours out of the single player campaign. This game excels at many things, but two things really stood out for me: Level design and the characters' personalities. The gameplay is up-to-par with what we have come to expect from a Valve game. Overall, this game is a blast to play and you'll find yourself with a big smile on your face most of the time. Mustbuy! Expand
  50. dos
    May 3, 2011
    Absolutely great sequel to absolutely great Portal. You'll fall in love with characters, story, Aperture-based background and plot points changing everything. Single player: 10/10 Co-op: 10/10 Final score: 10/10 :)
  51. May 2, 2011
    I dont think i have ever played a game that makes me think really hard and have a blast playing it at the same time. i feel like the story is clever and the humor is a good addition to it and the gameplay is amazing i mean i know that valve is a group of smart people but there are SOOOOO MANY puzzels that are mind bending but you feel good when you finally figure it out. i would recommendI dont think i have ever played a game that makes me think really hard and have a blast playing it at the same time. i feel like the story is clever and the humor is a good addition to it and the gameplay is amazing i mean i know that valve is a group of smart people but there are SOOOOO MANY puzzels that are mind bending but you feel good when you finally figure it out. i would recommend this to people that are fans of valve or the first game or someone who just likes bending their wits end. This is one of the best games iv played out of the MANY MANY games i have played 10/10 Expand
  52. May 2, 2011
    One of the best valve games ever , it has met my expectations with a bang and really shows that valve has what it takes to be right up there Graphics are fantastic cant see how any body with a brain can put this game down
  53. May 2, 2011
    Before i start my review i have to say i'm dissapointed to find out how many STUPID people are out there saying theres DLC that costs over 50 euros, this "DLC" that people call are simple hats,skins and gestures for your co-op charatcer THEY DO NOT EFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL. DLC has been announced by valve for this summer it will feature new SP,CO OP and Chalange levels for FREE. Ok now timeBefore i start my review i have to say i'm dissapointed to find out how many STUPID people are out there saying theres DLC that costs over 50 euros, this "DLC" that people call are simple hats,skins and gestures for your co-op charatcer THEY DO NOT EFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL. DLC has been announced by valve for this summer it will feature new SP,CO OP and Chalange levels for FREE. Ok now time for my review, the game has brilliant voice acting and writing, the graphics are not shockingly good(but Still VERY GOOD) but once you check behinde the retail box and find out then this game could run on max settings with 6 year old PC you'll be shocked then valve managed to squeze out so much power from their old 2004 source engine, valve could probably make their old Gold engine look next gen. The SP in the game is 7-8 h long and the Co-Op is around 4 h, both game modes have their own story,characters and hilarious dialog. The game has one of the best endings i've seen in a videogame for a very very looooong time. So my final words are BUY THIS GAME, you won't regret it at all, ignore the stupid negative reviews which are probably just plain trolls. Expand
  54. May 2, 2011
    Portal 2 has taken the place of my FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!

Seriously. This is from someone with ~30 years of gaming experience. Portal 2 tops the original Portal, Half Life 2, Day of the Tentacle, and the Secret of Monkey island (some of my previous all-time favorites), and is just an incredible, enjoyable experience. I've spent about 25 hours with it so far, including
    Portal 2 has taken the place of my FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!

Seriously.

I've spent about 25 hours with it so far, including single-player, co-op, starting to replay single-player with the commentary nodes, and going for achievements. With more free DLC announced already for the summer, I can say that there are many hours of game time left. This is a game I can see myself taking 'off the shelf' and replaying many years from now. And of the time that was spent.... brilliant. Just quality gameplay.

This is definitely a 'Must Play', and this is also the first time I have EVER written a game review in my life. The low user score prompted me to register on metacritic and write this. A game this good deserves a better score.
  55. May 2, 2011
    Portal 2 is a masterpiece. The game play is outstanding, the writing and voice acting are top notch, the levels and atmosphere are immersive, and both the single player scenario and the co-op game are just simply non-stop good plain FUN. It really is something special. There is only one flaw that I have come across in Portal 2: the game comes to an end. Hopefully updates and DLC will fixPortal 2 is a masterpiece. The game play is outstanding, the writing and voice acting are top notch, the levels and atmosphere are immersive, and both the single player scenario and the co-op game are just simply non-stop good plain FUN. It really is something special. There is only one flaw that I have come across in Portal 2: the game comes to an end. Hopefully updates and DLC will fix this. Seriously, this is a game that everyone can play and have a blast with. I found that it was worth it at full price. You'd certainly have to be out of your mind not to pick it up on sale. You monster. Expand
  56. May 2, 2011
    Best game valve has produced to date. Great storytelling, animation, brilliant in a very minimal, pure way, with an innocent and entertaining plot. Simply the best puzzle game to come out in years.
  57. May 1, 2011
    Yes, it could be a short play - if all you're going for is a speed run, and if you're a puzzle-solving genius. For the rest of us - and I don't think it's going too far out on a limb to say *most* of us - there's a great deal of fun to be had in slowing down to savor the environments, listening to all of the surprisingly hilarious dialogue, and seeking out the many secrets Valve has hiddenYes, it could be a short play - if all you're going for is a speed run, and if you're a puzzle-solving genius. For the rest of us - and I don't think it's going too far out on a limb to say *most* of us - there's a great deal of fun to be had in slowing down to savor the environments, listening to all of the surprisingly hilarious dialogue, and seeking out the many secrets Valve has hidden in the game.

And beyond the single player, there's always co-op, which creates almost endless novelty. Playing with someone else ensures that even if the solution is the same, level replays always feel fresh. Music, voice acting, visual polish, and most of all, intellectually-engaging gameplay: Portal 2 has it all, in spades. And next time someone complains that video games are all about mind-numbing violence, sit them down with this one for a while and see if they can avoid turning their brains on.

Some users have also whined that Portal 2 looks like a "console port", which it rather clearly isn't (see also the standard PC graphics options), and if it was, so what? It's a game the has the bells and whistles of all the Source Engine games before it, looks great, and has a UI that's a joy to use. If it *were* a console port (which would be silly, considering the engine's heritage), it would be a how-to for any other companies looking to move games over to the PC.
  58. May 1, 2011
    Portal 1 is why I bought a PC for gaming, and it was worth the price of admission. As a result, I was introduced to Steam, and a host of wonderful games. However, no game since Portal 1 has caught my whole family's imagination, until Portal 2. The puzzles are just as fiendish, and the story just as intriguing. The cooperative mode will at least double the replayability of the game, makingPortal 1 is why I bought a PC for gaming, and it was worth the price of admission. As a result, I was introduced to Steam, and a host of wonderful games. However, no game since Portal 1 has caught my whole family's imagination, until Portal 2. The puzzles are just as fiendish, and the story just as intriguing. The cooperative mode will at least double the replayability of the game, making it an even better deal than the first game. My only complaint is that I wish there were more, but even at 8 hours of family collaboration on puzzle solving, it's a fine deal. I hope there's more content on the way. In summary, this is why I play PC games. Expand
  59. May 1, 2011
    Very fun game, I found puzzles, characters and narration to be interesting. I'm giving it 9 stars due to me not wanting to replay the game, as I already know the solutions to puzzles.
  60. May 1, 2011
    The Left 4 Dead games, although brilliant, fell short for me as I prefer singleplayer story-driven games. Valve's singleplayer adventures are back and better than ever with Portal 2, and added to that is all they've learned about co-op with Left 4 Dead. This mix of a genuinely exciting and hilarious story with a separate, finely-crafted co-op campaign makes for Valve's best game since TheThe Left 4 Dead games, although brilliant, fell short for me as I prefer singleplayer story-driven games. Valve's singleplayer adventures are back and better than ever with Portal 2, and added to that is all they've learned about co-op with Left 4 Dead. This mix of a genuinely exciting and hilarious story with a separate, finely-crafted co-op campaign makes for Valve's best game since The Orange Box, the best game of 2011 so far and puts Portal 2 firmly in the sights for Game of the Year. Expand
  61. May 1, 2011
    For a sequel based on admired portal 1, Portal 2 is a very noble sequel.Lots of potential came from the original idea of first game that were untouched.and in this game we see some of them(not all) in a very good way of use all around the game.new tricks like gels that changed the whole gameplay are so credible.and not just the existence of them,that their pervade in missions shows us aFor a sequel based on admired portal 1, Portal 2 is a very noble sequel.Lots of potential came from the original idea of first game that were untouched.and in this game we see some of them(not all) in a very good way of use all around the game.new tricks like gels that changed the whole gameplay are so credible.and not just the existence of them,that their pervade in missions shows us a very good mind(and will) for makin' this game as a real valve's new game.the exact moment that your going to say oh its enough,you'll see a new element that injects to gameplay and somehow change it all.
    but sometimes we can see maker was empty of ideas,that time we see they cheat to push us forward.like very big map with mystify puzzles and bad path finding,yes they are cheats from maker!

and co-op...nothing more to add but i assure you,,,you will experience a new brand entertainment with portal 2 co-op.a real hell with good timing rule!
  62. May 1, 2011
    I believe this game to be the best I've ever played, it took all the flair, originality and general awesomeness from Portal, and intensified it. The voice acting, humour, game play, puzzles, online co-op were all brilliant, and I loved every moment I spent playing this game.
  63. May 1, 2011
    Reasons to not to buy this game: NONE!!! (unless your husband or wife has recently warned you not to spend too much time on your PC or console playing games.) I have written several reviews on this Forum. But i have never been so enthusiastic about a game like this one. It is fascinating in many ways and great fun to play. Another game completely developed with the player in mind.Reasons to not to buy this game: NONE!!! (unless your husband or wife has recently warned you not to spend too much time on your PC or console playing games.) I have written several reviews on this Forum. But i have never been so enthusiastic about a game like this one. It is fascinating in many ways and great fun to play. Another game completely developed with the player in mind. Excellent value for money. Out of the box innovative, atmospheric puzzling game-play. I have played and enjoyed many good games in my life since the commodore 64 bit pc but this is one i will remember. I think that every year we find about 3 to 5 good games that are really worth buying. This one comes on top of my list list containing: World of goo, ME 3, Crysis 2, Dirt 2 and the Halflife series. Please do not let negative user reviews influence you on not buying this game. It is about 40-50 hours of fun and action on the single player campaign. (I haven't started the coöp mode yet.) Please give me a mark if you find this useful info. ps: There are a few easter eggs hidden in this game, check google if you wish to find them. Expand
  64. Apr 30, 2011
    From the moment that i awoke in my relaxation room, i knew that Portal 2 was going to exceed all expectations that i had. Upon jumping out of the room, i had to stop playing just to show everyone in my household the hilarious writing that i had already seen. Did i mention i wasn't even 5 minutes into the game yet? I took a break for the day though after the intro, probably because i hadFrom the moment that i awoke in my relaxation room, i knew that Portal 2 was going to exceed all expectations that i had. Upon jumping out of the room, i had to stop playing just to show everyone in my household the hilarious writing that i had already seen. Did i mention i wasn't even 5 minutes into the game yet? I took a break for the day though after the intro, probably because i had already gotten more out of this game than i usually do out of other games i play. When i went back to playing it, i was hooked, and the game got better and better. As the game went on the puzzles got more creative, the characters were developed more fully than in almost any other game, DESPITE THE FACT that the characters were robots. Overall, i would say Portal 2 is a game that will hook you with it's plot twists and humorous characters, and is a game that nobody should miss. Expand
  65. Apr 30, 2011
    I don't know why zero ratings are even allowed on Metacritic because the only people who choose them are trolls. Ten, on the other hand, is a rating reserved for the best of the best and Portal 2 is easily among them. Between the single player and co-op modes, it took me almost 12 hours to complete and I've already started a second playthrough. I feel like I got my money's worth ten times over.
  66. Apr 30, 2011
    The Negative Nancies rating this game at 0-4 are all butt-hurt dwellers and trolls. I loved the new puzzle mechanics and story and hats off to the environment team because this test facility feels huge and alive! The last game I had this much fun playing was Portal 1.
  67. Apr 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, I loved Portal. It is easily one of my favourite games. So the time waiting for Portal 2 seemed like an endless pain.
    When I first played Portal 2, I was blown away. I love the new mechanics such as the Hard Light Bridge or the different Gels. They make the game more complicated, and that's what I wanted from Portal 2.
    I have one problem: The game doesn't feel like the original Portal did, but much rather like Half-Life with a Portal Gun. Portal had those small rooms, where you never knew what's going to be behind the next corner. Portal 2 does pretty much the opposite: Huge spaces in most of the levels. And those huge spaces take away the feeling of Portal.
    The game is probably the funniest game I've ever played. Portal was already funny with Glados, but Portal 2 pitches in two more Characters, Wheatly, the "biggest Moron ever built", and Cave Johnson (he "owns the place"). The game makes you feel attached to those Characters very fast and actually draws very accurate picture of all of them, even if you never actually see some of them.
    The ending was pretty good, too. I was anticipating a Song like "Still Alive", Portal 2 had the Song "Want you gone". A pretty good song, too, but it isn't quite as good as "Still Alive".
    So in the end, I could say that Portal 2 is a really good game, but who searches for the feeling of the original game wont find it in this game. The game should've been named: "Half-Life: Portal" or something like that. I still recommend playing the game to everyone, because it is an awesome game.
  68. Apr 30, 2011
    This game proves one thing and one thing only: You don't need blood, violence, and language to make a great game. Portal 2 is probably the game of the year SO FAR. The characters are likable, the story is funny, and it's not stop fun. If you never played Portal 1, then you should so yo can understand the mechanics and the story of the game, but it'll take you an afternoon to completeThis game proves one thing and one thing only: You don't need blood, violence, and language to make a great game. Portal 2 is probably the game of the year SO FAR. The characters are likable, the story is funny, and it's not stop fun. If you never played Portal 1, then you should so yo can understand the mechanics and the story of the game, but it'll take you an afternoon to complete the first one. The Co-op is amazing. Valve proved me once again that they are the best game developers on planet earth. Valve, since you got Portal 2 out of your hands, it's about time to make Half-Life 2: Episode 3! Expand
  69. Apr 30, 2011
    This takes the first one, as amazing as it was and iron's out it's few issues. A brilliant game in every way and probably the best that this year will see. Those who say the game is short, will never be satisfied. No matter how much they make of this game, it will always leave you wanting MORE.
  70. Apr 30, 2011
    For me best game of the year up to now. Im not one of those people that give a 10 if they like a game and a 0 if they dont , that is why the user score is not that good , but im giving it a 10 because i think it deserves it. The writing was EXCELLENT being one of the most funny games i have ever played , the music was OMG if your in to that type and the puzzles where not to difficult butFor me best game of the year up to now. Im not one of those people that give a 10 if they like a game and a 0 if they dont , that is why the user score is not that good , but im giving it a 10 because i think it deserves it. The writing was EXCELLENT being one of the most funny games i have ever played , the music was OMG if your in to that type and the puzzles where not to difficult but well enough made to make you use your brain , which is fine with me . The major complaints about this game is about its day 1 dlc and its length. First of all you should not rate a game by its dlc but what comes in the package. What if the best game in the world for you comes out and the next day dlc comes out for it ? Whould your opinion about the game change in any way ? The correct answer is NO so stop reading reviews from people that gave the game a 2 because it dint have some hats ( wtf ? ) in it for free . Now about the time that it takes you to complete this game i can understand people complaining especially if they rarely buy a game . Thow this game is not short by any means ( about 12-18 hours with coop ) for a game at this age , its probably not enough for some people . If a game has just got single player it should last 60 hours or if it has multiplayer it should last someone a whole year . For me i believe that that VALVe has chosen quality over quantity ( as i said thow its not that short as people keep saying ) so i dont think i should reduct points from it. Before i finish i want to say that this is the ps3 version so you also get steam on your console which gives you steam achievements cross platform coop with the pc and mac steam cloud which allows you to save your ps3 progress and continue on your pc . Oh dint i mention ? if you puy the game for the ps3 you also get a code to download it for free on steam . FOR FREE PEOPLE so its not a complete waste of money is it ? VALVe i Expand
  71. Apr 30, 2011
    It's an excellent game. The Single Player is pretty long 7-10 hours. I must say the dialogues are fantastic and hilarious. Sometimes i did stop playing just to hear Wheatly talk. I have finished it 3 times and I'm still not tired of the dialogues. I will start playing coop soon , and I'm very happy that there is a whole new story in cooperative play! I will start creating maps soon and I'mIt's an excellent game. The Single Player is pretty long 7-10 hours. I must say the dialogues are fantastic and hilarious. Sometimes i did stop playing just to hear Wheatly talk. I have finished it 3 times and I'm still not tired of the dialogues. I will start playing coop soon , and I'm very happy that there is a whole new story in cooperative play! I will start creating maps soon and I'm really excited! I can keep myself entertained for weeks with custom maps. I'll be honest it's the best game of 2011 for me. Excellent job Valve! 10/10 Expand
  72. Apr 30, 2011
    Portal 2 is an improvement upon the first in every way. Funnier, better graphics, and the puzzles require greater thought to pass, especially when they add gel to the mix. It loses 1 point because I bought the PC version, and I'd have to buy another copy in order for my girlfriend to play co-op with me.
  73. Apr 30, 2011
    Portal 2 is quite simply damn near perfect! Incredibly entertaining. Most definitely the funniest gaming experience I've ever had. The voice acting is bar none the best I've ever experienced. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and knowing VALVe, I know there is much more to come. That being said, my first of two real complaints are the total length of the actual campaigns, which, knowingPortal 2 is quite simply damn near perfect! Incredibly entertaining. Most definitely the funniest gaming experience I've ever had. The voice acting is bar none the best I've ever experienced. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and knowing VALVe, I know there is much more to come. That being said, my first of two real complaints are the total length of the actual campaigns, which, knowing VALVe, will be remedied with multiple free DLC packages that will most likely end up doubling, if not tripling, the total amount of content the game has to offer, and much of this content will most likely be fine tuned to meet the fans' wishes(VALVe is great like that!) which basically nullifies my first complaint. My second complaint is that the game was at times much too easy, again, I'm sure that VALVe will feed us some much tougher content in the coming months, but I think it would have been a great idea to incorporate a difficulty setting right off the bat, in the form of a sort of "realism mode"(sort of like L4D2), where you can choose to eliminate all the visual cues, the hints, etc. I have never given a perfect score to any game, and while I do not really believe it deserves a perfect 10(yet), I will score it so for lack of other options seeing as I believe it deserves a 9.5. Long live VALVe! ~ PS: Hated seeing a bunch of really negative reviews within 3-4 hours of release, these trolls and haters were ranting on about a game they could not have possibly finished within that time frame. Is there no way to ban such people from giving reviews? Expand
  74. Apr 30, 2011
    Quite possibly the best game I have ever played. Don't listen to people who say its to short, or unfinished, or etc, because it is not. This game is perfect in just about every way, and worth closer to 100 dollars then 50.
  75. Apr 30, 2011
    I really liked the game, almost a perfect continuation and it wasn't too short, luckily. It was REAL fun. But it wasn't a real challenge, not like the first game. I give it the max score because I trust that Valve will release DLC-s soon, with more challenging levels, so the fun is not over yet.
  76. Apr 30, 2011
    The best game experience in last three years and one of the best games of decade. Studio Valve shows how to do game for gamers and also how to earn big money. Best studio in the whole industry. Story, humour, graphics in Portal 2 - everything is epic here. And... now announced DLC for all platforms FREE - who else can offer it to the players?
  77. Apr 29, 2011
    Fantastic game. Easily the funniest and best written game in history and one of the best games ever made period. Portal 2 is fun, smart and gorgeous. The people on metacritic who are rating it low because of a supposed "4-6 hour" campaign are either lying or stupid or both. The single player campaign took me 8 hours to play through on my first go and the Coop took about 7. That's 15 HoursFantastic game. Easily the funniest and best written game in history and one of the best games ever made period. Portal 2 is fun, smart and gorgeous. The people on metacritic who are rating it low because of a supposed "4-6 hour" campaign are either lying or stupid or both. The single player campaign took me 8 hours to play through on my first go and the Coop took about 7. That's 15 Hours of one of the greatest games ever, don't be an idiot, and buy it. Expand
  78. Apr 29, 2011
    absolutely awesome everyone must buy! best game out on ps3 this year! 'nuf said.. to begin with the story is all u'd expect from valve with quirky humour and great writing, the puzzles are hard and the multiplayer is awesome. what is not to like? this game is a MUST BUY, it is absolutely awesome!!!! :)
  79. Apr 28, 2011
    Revising my original rating after playing through the multiplayer campaign as well - it's shorter than the single player campaign, but a lot more fun. My original minuses were the day 1 DLC and the length of the game - I've come to realise that there is a lot of unlockable content in-game, and adding the length of the multiplayer campaign as well it's a reasonable length game (still a ripRevising my original rating after playing through the multiplayer campaign as well - it's shorter than the single player campaign, but a lot more fun. My original minuses were the day 1 DLC and the length of the game - I've come to realise that there is a lot of unlockable content in-game, and adding the length of the multiplayer campaign as well it's a reasonable length game (still a rip off retail here in Australia, but that applies to almost all games). The pluses remain - great visuals, story and dialogue, clever puzzles and plenty of humour. Expand
  80. Apr 28, 2011
    In trying to be completely unbiased about this review I tried to focus on the good/bad parts of this game and here they are. Bad: Entirely too short. You don't get to see the use of the gels in a complex puzzle in the single player game. I really wanted to see the complex puzzles we saw in trailers that we saw early on about the game. Bad: The loading screens between EVERY puzzle levelIn trying to be completely unbiased about this review I tried to focus on the good/bad parts of this game and here they are. Bad: Entirely too short. You don't get to see the use of the gels in a complex puzzle in the single player game. I really wanted to see the complex puzzles we saw in trailers that we saw early on about the game. Bad: The loading screens between EVERY puzzle level (they are often less than 30 seconds, but still)
    Bad: Crashes to desktop. I don't know who is to blame, the graphics card companies or Valve but check the internet, there are many people with unexplained crash-to-desktop (CTD) issues
    Bad: An experienced gamer will have no problem finishing this in one day. Kind of wish you could choose a difficulty to extend the experience.
    Bad: The price. Honestly, what is with companies pushing the boundaries of PC game prices. Leave the $50-60 price tags for the suckers on consoles who pay more for a game with dumb-downed graphics. The game is good, but not for $50.
    Bad: Along the same vein as the price issue, no re-playability after you complete single player and co-op. Again, too expensive for the limited re-playability
    Bad: The ending song was better from the original.
    Good: Although there were some areas I was saying "What the f*&% !", most of it was based on the techniques you have learned so far (e.g, portal momentum on angled walls). Good: The storyline and voice acting. If you enjoy a good storyline to accompany an entertaining game, then you will love this game. It is really funny, and not the stupid-gotta-see-it-more-than-once-to-be-funny-Will-Ferrel-crap, it is well written. My memorable part "I'm going to try a manual override", then you are brought crashing through a wall. Good: Well polished game and physic mechanics that makes you admire how games really should be done (are you watching EA, Ubisoft, and other big game developers!)
    Good: At a price tag under $35, this game is a steal. Until then, it just depends if you will shell out the cash now, or wait till later. It isn't a question of should, but a question of when.
  81. Apr 28, 2011
    I loved it! This game had great puzzles, a great story, and great humor. I haven't laughed this much in a game ever. This game wasn't too long, but it was the right length. Any longer and I would have probably started getting tired of the puzzles, but they had the right pacing. I haven't tried much of the co-op yet but what I have played was pretty fun. It's nice to have to work withI loved it! This game had great puzzles, a great story, and great humor. I haven't laughed this much in a game ever. This game wasn't too long, but it was the right length. Any longer and I would have probably started getting tired of the puzzles, but they had the right pacing. I haven't tried much of the co-op yet but what I have played was pretty fun. It's nice to have to work with someone else and pick apart each other brains. One of the best games I think in the last couple years. Expand
  82. Apr 28, 2011
    Ahh Valve. You know how to make me laugh and make me sad, make me smile and make feel stupid for not seeing it sooner. The highs, the lows.. It's so brilliant. Well written, masterfully paced, beautifully atmospheric. This is one of the best games you can play. You can tell they had fun making this game. Get it and you won't be disappointed.
  83. Apr 28, 2011
    This game is nothing short of fantastic, I stood up all night waiting for it to come out, and when it released... everyone on steam went mad. All my friends quickly started up the game and played for hours straight, and I did the same. I finished the game in 10 hours and the puzzles in Portal 2 are much harder than the first Portal, and I just love it. The ending is nothing short ofThis game is nothing short of fantastic, I stood up all night waiting for it to come out, and when it released... everyone on steam went mad. All my friends quickly started up the game and played for hours straight, and I did the same. I finished the game in 10 hours and the puzzles in Portal 2 are much harder than the first Portal, and I just love it. The ending is nothing short of Jaw-dropping, since it is completely un-expected, but i wont spoil it :D. The multiplayer is very funny also if you have a great friend if you want to play with, since you are always having to deal with the urge to kill your partner :D. There is so much about this game that I love, VALVE is showing the world that PC gaming is not dead! Expand
  84. Apr 28, 2011
    This is a great game, and it is obvious that Valve put in a LOT of hard work. The effects are awesome, and the creativity is off the charts. Trolls are saying this is the same as Portal 1, and that is SO far from the truth it's unbelievable. Actually, I think that this game is not similar enough to the original. I loved this game, and basically played it straight through, butThis is a great game, and it is obvious that Valve put in a LOT of hard work. The effects are awesome, and the creativity is off the charts. Trolls are saying this is the same as Portal 1, and that is SO far from the truth it's unbelievable. Actually, I think that this game is not similar enough to the original. I loved this game, and basically played it straight through, but nevertheless the flaws really stood out to me. Firstly, it's WAY to goofy. The first one was funny, but it was subtle enough to not over do it. This one is in your face goofy.....to a fault. The jokes get old, and it negatively effects the main plot....since the main plot is based around the goofiness, which in my opinion is stupid. I don't like when it's hard to take a game seriously, and this game doesn't have an ounce of seriousness. Secondly, the puzzles are not as fun as in portal 1, often times being messy. I loved the streamlined clean-room puzzles in Portal 1, and there just aren't enough of them in this game. I don't want to say too much about me third problem with this game, because it has to do with the plot, but lets just say I did not like the role that GLADoS took in this game. All the being said, let me reiterate that this is a great game, and you will love it. It's just not quite what I was expecting. Oh, and multiplayer mode is AWESOME. To me, that is really where this game shines. Overall I would give this game an 8, but since all trolls early on tried to tarnish the scores, I'm going with a 10 to help balance it out. Valve is a great developer, and does not deserve this bull. Expand
  85. Apr 28, 2011
    This game is a serious game of the year contender. This game looks beautiful even using an old game engine, has an amazing story, awesome voice acting, and an ending that will truly leave you smiling and give you something to remember. This game was every thing I expected and more. If I had to recommend this game I most certainly would. The Co-op is super fun and allows you to play withThis game is a serious game of the year contender. This game looks beautiful even using an old game engine, has an amazing story, awesome voice acting, and an ending that will truly leave you smiling and give you something to remember. This game was every thing I expected and more. If I had to recommend this game I most certainly would. The Co-op is super fun and allows you to play with your friends for the first time in the Portal series. This Co-op is about as long as the story so it doubles the playability. You will most likely play this game more then once like i did with Portal and will do with Portal 2. Valve announcing today that there will be DLC's for this game, so you would expect to get a lot of game time out of this game. For the PC version of this game there will most definitely custom maps as well as challenge levels as there were in the first game. In conclusion, this game is a must buy that after all DLC's and custom maps you will get 30+ hours out of this puzzler. I highly recommend it to anyone, but a word of warning. if you are planing on buying this game and haven't played Portal 1 then go and play that first or you will be lost. Expand
  86. Apr 28, 2011
    What is with all the negativity? I mean I know it features quite a short story but that really is no reason to give it such low marks, It was an astonishingly immense experience. The voice acting was great and the comedy was non stop hilarity. You can flame on about fan boys all you want but the real reason this deserves a 9 is because it was better than the 1st game and by a long shot, IWhat is with all the negativity? I mean I know it features quite a short story but that really is no reason to give it such low marks, It was an astonishingly immense experience. The voice acting was great and the comedy was non stop hilarity. You can flame on about fan boys all you want but the real reason this deserves a 9 is because it was better than the 1st game and by a long shot, I have played through co-op multiple times and enjoy it every single play through. It's one of those games you get the most out of and you feel like you must hang onto it, then you find yourself picking it up again and enjoying the feeling once more that you don't know the puzzle solution because you've forgot. Expand
  87. Apr 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the gameplay and the gfx.
    This is the best game of its kind.
    And i really love the co-op mode in this game to play with your friends, thats just a awesome game!
    I can only recommend it.
  88. Apr 28, 2011
    Short review: hilarious one-liners make the game absolutely worth playing. Gameplay is as good as ever, co-op is a brain-bending blast, and characters are classic.
  89. Apr 28, 2011
    Awesome game what more can I say. It makes you laugh, enjoy, think, it has also good graphics, sound effects, awesome voice acting and excellent story and co-op mode.
  90. Apr 28, 2011
    This is an incredible game. The production/professionalism regarding Valve is unmatched. I cannot believe how well crafted this game was; I just cannot think of a single flaw. As far as graphics goes they're amazing and ran incredibly well with how ancient my computer is. The sound quality is also top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed the ARG promotions and wonder why people alwaysThis is an incredible game. The production/professionalism regarding Valve is unmatched. I cannot believe how well crafted this game was; I just cannot think of a single flaw. As far as graphics goes they're amazing and ran incredibly well with how ancient my computer is. The sound quality is also top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed the ARG promotions and wonder why people always question a good thing. Ignorance I suppose. Anyways, if you're a mature player who enjoys an engaging story and a sense of accomplishment I highly encourage you to buy this game for yourself or as a gift on Steam. You will be a happy camper! Thanks for reading my review, and thanks Valve!!! Expand
  91. Apr 27, 2011
    Awesome game! No flaws worth mentioning. I was a big fan of the first game, and I don't know why more people weren't. I tried to explain it to people who I'd have thought would like it, and their eyes glazed over, like "OK...". The second game picks up right where the other left off, with a little bit of a reminder as to how everything worked. Then it continues with the great sarcasticAwesome game! No flaws worth mentioning. I was a big fan of the first game, and I don't know why more people weren't. I tried to explain it to people who I'd have thought would like it, and their eyes glazed over, like "OK...". The second game picks up right where the other left off, with a little bit of a reminder as to how everything worked. Then it continues with the great sarcastic humor and perfectly thought-out challenges that just builds upon itself so cleverly in every way. Yeah, I'd give it a ten. Mind you, although I've finished the single-player, I've only spent about 45 mins on the co-op mode. I think that is brilliant so far too, but you should take that into account. Expand
  92. Apr 27, 2011
    Best Valve game to date. The story and puzzles never fail to boggle the mind. Shows how a little title packaged with a few other games can claim it's own title of Game of the Year 2011. My pick of the year so far.
  93. Apr 27, 2011
    Excellently crafted, beautifully scripted and flawlessly executed. Rarely can a game profess to have the narrative quality and pacing more frequently attributed to the worlds of film or literature; Portal 2 is more than a simple conglomeration of gameplay and graphical fidelity (although it is far from lacking in either field), it is a multi-layered experience intent on generating anExcellently crafted, beautifully scripted and flawlessly executed. Rarely can a game profess to have the narrative quality and pacing more frequently attributed to the worlds of film or literature; Portal 2 is more than a simple conglomeration of gameplay and graphical fidelity (although it is far from lacking in either field), it is a multi-layered experience intent on generating an emotional response from the end-user, however that may manifest itself.

Portal 2 is to date the finest and most completely successful example of gaming as an artform.
  94. Apr 27, 2011
    its a really good game, but its not THAT perfect as stated in the metacritic score. the 95 avg. is a hype score. it maybe deserves a 8.8 oder 9.0 but nothing higher that that. the game has a fantastic beginning and a fantasic ending, but in between it lacks a bit. its getting bored because you run from puzzle to puzzle without beeing really directed for one or two hours. that part wasits a really good game, but its not THAT perfect as stated in the metacritic score. the 95 avg. is a hype score. it maybe deserves a 8.8 oder 9.0 but nothing higher that that. the game has a fantastic beginning and a fantasic ending, but in between it lacks a bit. its getting bored because you run from puzzle to puzzle without beeing really directed for one or two hours. that part was horrible and it was getting on my nerves. but as i mentioned.. overall a fantastisch game that deserves a 9 in my opinion (i'll give it a 9 because the beginning and the ending where one of the best things i ever saw in a video game. so the medicore part in the middle doesn't damage the game that much. with a better middlepart it would easily been a 10) Expand
  95. Apr 27, 2011
    The Dark humor and compelling puzzles make this a must play for anyone with a pulse. Valve consistently creates masterpieces that will last in the memories of the players for the rest of their gaming lives, and this is no exception. Unfortunately, an experienced player can beat the single player in around 5 or 6 hours in a good run, but they are without a doubt the best few hours you'llThe Dark humor and compelling puzzles make this a must play for anyone with a pulse. Valve consistently creates masterpieces that will last in the memories of the players for the rest of their gaming lives, and this is no exception. Unfortunately, an experienced player can beat the single player in around 5 or 6 hours in a good run, but they are without a doubt the best few hours you'll spend playing a game, until Half-life Episode 3. "I'm Cave Johnson, We're done here." Expand
  96. Apr 27, 2011
    Perfection has a name and it's Portal 2. Apart from brilliant gameplay mechanics, they perfectly mix with a hilarious story and voice acting. I think words cannot be fair with such good game. PLAY IT!
  97. Apr 27, 2011
    Absolutely awesome story and dialogues in single player campaign and great co-op campaign on top of that. I was very skeptical about Portal 2 at first, but I did buy it in the end, and definitely don't regret it. The dialogues are a masterpiece, and one of these things you remember for years.
  98. Apr 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game in a nutshell, is a work of genius. The way that the humour is so skillfully intertwined with such dark subject matter, and the fact that the game has such involved levels; which will cause people to actually think, rather than just "run and gun" which most modern games seem to be about. It is usually the fact that cinematics are more impressive than the actual gameplay of the game- in this case, they are both as impressive as each other, from the powering up of "GLADOS", to the fantastic ending of the game. It seems that Valve don't appear to be able to stop bringing out quality games for the PC! Great job! Expand
  99. Apr 26, 2011
    great addition to vavle's amazing lineup. great characters and hilarious writing and not to mention that the final battle is incredible. if you liked portal one then you're sure as hell gonna like this, thanks again valve you genius bastards!
  100. Apr 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How could anyone mark this lower than a 10? It's a fantastic game, extremely fun, and unique. Amazing atmosphere. I wished there were more tie ins to HL3 but it'll do. Expand

1. Oct 20, 2011