Portal 2 PC

9.0

1. Apr 25, 2011
    Basically, as amazing as a sequel to Portal possibly could have been. Brilliant puzzles, new mechanics, new characters with new humor, the same old characters with the same old humor. And excellent co-op. There's nothing to criticize.
  2. Apr 25, 2011
    This game was great. Some could argue that the 10-12 hours of game-play was insufficient, but the game made up for the short length with pure awesome. There's no hair-pulling difficulty, but neither is it too easy. Altogether a superbly balanced game that fulfilled my extremely high expectations. I look forward to the user maps to come.
  3. Apr 25, 2011
    Portal 2 was pitch perfect in terms of dialog, characters, narrative, and pacing. Everything about this game was extremely satisfying. Even the Co-op, which I was worried was tacked on as fan service, was a splendid mind-bending experience. Also I think a special hats off to the character animators who were able to emote so much with the limited robotic designs of Wheatley and GLaDOS.
    My
    My only complaints were the constant loading screens between puzzles. I'm not sure if it's a limit of the aging Source engine (which aesthetically looks great) or a conscious design decision, but it was mildly annoying. I am also a little disturbed by the online store for robot gestures. I'm not so much bothered that it exists in this game, because it's completely inconsequential, but I worry that Valve will get caught in a slippery slope of microtransactions and that it could be bad news for future games.
  4. Apr 24, 2011
    There are very few games that I play from the beginning to the end with practically no break, and Portal 2 is definitely one of them. It is a brilliant game which takes the concept of Portal 1, improves upon it and makes a full fledged game out of it. There is so much attention to detail, which is impossible to describe without spoilers, let's just say that if you stop and look around youThere are very few games that I play from the beginning to the end with practically no break, and Portal 2 is definitely one of them. It is a brilliant game which takes the concept of Portal 1, improves upon it and makes a full fledged game out of it. There is so much attention to detail, which is impossible to describe without spoilers, let's just say that if you stop and look around you for a second, every little poster on the wall, every little prop object in the world, will tell a story. The game is genuinely funny, from GlaDOS cinysm and resention, to Wheatley being a Wheatley. Then there is a second level of humor, ridiculing the world, past and present. Portal 2 will make you laugh, and it will make you laugh even more if you don't just run through the puzzles.

There have been rumors circulating around the net that the game is extremely short - it's not. There is no way anyone could go through the game, even if he knew the solutions to all the puzzles, in four hours. My guess would be that on average, it will take more than 8 hours to finish the game. More, if you poke around the rooms. There is no buffer content and it's a roller coaster ride from start to finish.

If you seriously dislike this gem of a game, I don't see how you can call yourself a gamer, because it shows brilliance left and right, in it's every single aspect.
  5. Apr 24, 2011
    I haven't even played this game and it is amazing. I've been watching my brother play it and from an outside perspective it is still crazy fun. The puzzles are challenging, it's got the funniest writing and voice acting and it's just plain fun.
  6. Apr 24, 2011
    Excellent game. A little short, at least when just considering the single-player campaign, but still a masterpiece, especially compared to some of the hyped up chaff that's come out recently (cough DA2 cough). Not sure what the hullabaloo over the DLC is about as it is unrelated to the game and completely unnecessary.
  7. Apr 24, 2011
    If you're someone who measures a game's worth primarily by it's playtime, Portal 2 may be a bit disappointing to you. However, this is typically not how most media (film, music, books, etc.) is judged - you won't find the New York Times scoring an excellent film lower just because it has a shorter run time than another potentially not-as-good film, and ticket prices are almost neverIf you're someone who measures a game's worth primarily by it's playtime, Portal 2 may be a bit disappointing to you. However, this is typically not how most media (film, music, books, etc.) is judged - you won't find the New York Times scoring an excellent film lower just because it has a shorter run time than another potentially not-as-good film, and ticket prices are almost never factored into film reviews (except for the case of 3D, which is another story.) I think we can all agree that movies as well as video games are overpriced, regardless of how good they are.

So, ignoring all other factors, I feel that Portal 2 is easily one of the best games on the market today, and an experience no gamer (or person, for that matter,) should miss. Every bit of this game, from start to finish, is polished, well thought out, surprising in it's plot and ever changing gameplay, and, simply put, fun and entertaining. I personally felt that, for a game such as this, the length was perfect - the game took what Portal 1 did and expanded upon all elements in such a way that somehow makes the first, once thought of a revolutionary, now seem primitive.

When you get right down to it, I'd much rather pay $50 for a slightly shorter but much higher quality product, than for a game that is lesser in quality but much longer due to repetitive gameplay. I guess it's up to you.
  8. Apr 24, 2011
    Excellent game. Amazing level design, best looking source engine game I have ever played. Hilarious and entertaining dialogue, immersive story and environment. Easily the best game I have played in very long time. Yes the in-game store is a bit strange especially for such a short co-op campaign but it's OPTIONAL. You do not get any sort of unfair advantage for buying hats. Valve isExcellent game. Amazing level design, best looking source engine game I have ever played. Hilarious and entertaining dialogue, immersive story and environment. Easily the best game I have played in very long time. Yes the in-game store is a bit strange especially for such a short co-op campaign but it's OPTIONAL. You do not get any sort of unfair advantage for buying hats. Valve is easiest the best developer making games for PC and Portal 2 brings it to whole new level. Expand
  9. Apr 24, 2011
    Best game ever. Its pretty much a continuation of Portal. The writing is just as good as Portal. It never gets boring, a new gameplay mechanic is introduced before you can get bored. The portals are easier to hit, and its much easier to carry a cube through a portal. The only problem with it is the final fight is too easy.
  10. Apr 24, 2011
    This one of the best games I've played in a very long time. Not only is it loads of fun, but it's interesting, funny and just a blast over all. I can't find one bad thing to say about this game other than it's very confusing at first but you get used to the entire portal system.
  11. Apr 24, 2011
    If I could call Portal 2 an "interactive cinematic experience" instead of a "game" without being laughed at, I would. Portal 2 is best played as though the player is watching a movie. $50-60 is obviously far more than what it costs to watch a movie, but in terms of quality and depth of the content you are getting, Portal 2 is about equal in value per hard-earned dollar.

Portal 2 is a step

Portal 2 is a step forward for gaming as a medium. It provides an extremely polished experience from start to finish and doesn't resort to padding the game to give a false impression of value. No aspect of this game exists that has not been thoroughly tested and given extreme attention to detail. If you constantly find flaws when playing games that you think the developers should have changed, you will have a hard time finding similar flaws in Portal 2 and will likely feel comfortable playing through the game without worrying about the possibility of bumping into any poorly thought out game-design decisions.

Those who have not played the first Portal will likely enjoy this game more-so than people who have played the first and have certain expectations in mind for what this game is about. If you have played the first game and focus on solving each test-chamber like you did before, you are going to quickly become frustrated when you lose track of which test-chamber you have completed until you realize it no longer matters which test-chambers you solved because Portal 2 is broken up by chapters. Test chambers have become a part of the science-facility in the plot of Portal 2 rather than a way to break the game up into levels as in the first game. This method of progression makes the game's plot a smoothly-flowing story to experience and allows for plenty of freedom of thought that isn't restricted to the interior of the facility's testing chambers and lets players think about what goes on in the rest of the world outside of the testing-facility.

While the first game leads players to believe the overall goal is to solve all of the test chambers to get to the reward of cake and then makes a twist part way through the game, Portal 2 presents a much more personal plot containing more character development and progression which is all carefully and masterfully written.

The game's cooperative multi-player mode contains more traditional puzzle-solving where the story has less of an impact on gameplay. There are tidbits of details and dialogue in the multi-player that further expand upon the characters and plot of the single-player mode, but are not necessary to have a full movie-like experience if the player never plays it. There is some information only found in the multi-player mode related to the overall universe in which the plot of Portal 2 takes place, which may increase the value of this game for players who want to know more about the universe in which the Portal series takes place, which the developer Valve states is the same universe in which the Half-Life series of games take place.

In multiplayer the game is broken up into 5 main groups of puzzles which explore Portal 2's gameplay mechanics more in depth than in the game's single-player mode. The co-op mode gives players opportunities to make use of several game mechanics which work in the single-player mode but don't have any purpose in the single-player game or plot.

Portal 2 lacks some aspects of gameplay which players may be accustomed to finding in games such as a competitive multiplayer mode or a high level of difficulty. Objectively, I do not feel adding these aspects to Portal 2's gameplay would increase the game's quality, experience, or value, however there is a degree of personal taste needed to assess their effects on the game. Additionally, the PC version of Portal 2 contains a menu which can be used to customize the appearance of the playable characters of the multi-player component of the game using items purchased through real-life currency. These purchasable items make the co-op character's character-design less consistent than on the console versions and do not serve any practical purpose in terms of gameplay or plot progression and are purely optional to use, unless the player's partner chooses to use them. Objectively, I do not feel adding these items to Portal 2's multiplayer mode affects the game's quality, experience, or value, however once again, there is a degree of personal taste needed to assess their effects on the game.
  12. Apr 24, 2011
    This game is fantastic, and seeing some of the negative reviews posted by players, I feel I must chip in to help balance them out. This game is absolutely hilarious. I sort of rushed my first playthrough because I was so excited to get the game. Turns out I missed a lot of great lines in the process. The puzzles are also quite fun, a bit more difficult than Portal 1's puzzles. The game isThis game is fantastic, and seeing some of the negative reviews posted by players, I feel I must chip in to help balance them out. This game is absolutely hilarious. I sort of rushed my first playthrough because I was so excited to get the game. Turns out I missed a lot of great lines in the process. The puzzles are also quite fun, a bit more difficult than Portal 1's puzzles. The game is short, yes, but every single minute is great. It is polished and there is ZERO fluff present. Also, the co-operative feature is amazing. I haven't had the chance to play all the way through co-op, but after playing it with one of my best friends, I must say that with the right partner, co-op can be very entertaining and fulfilling, and may be reason to buy the game alone--so long as you have lots of people to play it with. The only gripe I can think of is that for some sequences in the game, the "puzzle" amounts to finding the right surface to create a portal on, which amounts more to a Where's Waldo-type search than actually exercising critical thinking abilities. Fortunately, these parts are few and far between, and usually happen between actual puzzles, instead of being the focus of a puzzle itself.

Buy this game. You will have a great time.
  13. Apr 24, 2011
    valve always makes great games this is on exception portal2 expands on everything portal did and introduced characters that I will remember for a while. Good job valve, forget about the computer purest who are angry with the smallest things and make games like this again you are one of the few gaming company trying to move gaming forward and I applaud you. Thanks
  14. Apr 24, 2011
    Valve's unrivaled masterpiece in the top five games I've ever played worth every penny. Single player took me eight hours co-op around four. But I plan to do multiple run through's of both very soon.

I am disgusted by the cry baby, self entitled spoiled idiots that post on here. If you'd played this game and had any grievances you would have given it an average score. A low score is pathetic as the actual gameplay story and execution is undoubtedly absolute quality.

Shame on you, come out of your basement and learn to enjoy life, and great pieces of art like Portal 2.
  15. Apr 24, 2011
    Portal 2 was a worthy successor to the first portal. It was longer than the first but maintained the quality and humor of the original. The new puzzle pieces were interesting and fit in with the game. My only qualm is the lack of advanced chambers, but Coop, which is also a blast, makes up for that.
  16. Apr 24, 2011
    Honestly the most fun I've had in a long time playing video games. I stumbled upon the first portal when I bought the Orange Box and was like ya these mini puzzles are fun and then all of a sudden I was escaping and was a fantastic. Portal 2 lived up to the hype I had of it in my mind and the voice acting is fantastic and fun plot, good pace, and some fairly difficult levels that had meHonestly the most fun I've had in a long time playing video games. I stumbled upon the first portal when I bought the Orange Box and was like ya these mini puzzles are fun and then all of a sudden I was escaping and was a fantastic. Portal 2 lived up to the hype I had of it in my mind and the voice acting is fantastic and fun plot, good pace, and some fairly difficult levels that had me stumped for awhile; but as soon as I figured them out you just think DUH. 10/10 Loved it. Also the ending is just sooooo good. Expand
  17. Apr 24, 2011
    Portal 2 is an excellent game. That's pretty much all there is to say about it, really. I played Portal for the first time, and then the sequel, over the course of a single weekend. The difference, and the similarity, was astounding. The first game was a revolution. The physics, the writing, the mood, setting, all something new and extremely fun. The sequel is an evolution. The samePortal 2 is an excellent game. That's pretty much all there is to say about it, really. I played Portal for the first time, and then the sequel, over the course of a single weekend. The difference, and the similarity, was astounding. The first game was a revolution. The physics, the writing, the mood, setting, all something new and extremely fun. The sequel is an evolution. The same basic game, polished so finely it shines like a gem. Game play and difficulty were the same. The graphics, the story, the ingenuity, all drastically improved, with a story that flows almost seamlessly between the two. (At least with the modified ending to the first game.) Frankly, I'd recommend this game to everyone. Expand
  18. Apr 24, 2011
    Definitely an enjoyable game, can't wait to try out the multiplayer. The single player was very enjoyable. The puzzles were fun and the story was rather enjoyable. While the game was a little short though I had a day off work and put in a good 8+ hours into didn't get very many achievements though. Will have to go back through to get all those.
  19. Apr 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 2 is not the best game I've played in the last few years. And there are a number of small issues that I have with it. I'm not a huge fan of the ARG experience that led into it. However, a lot of the work went into this game really succeeded. Solid atmosphere. Great moments. Challenging at times. I have no regrets picking it up. Expand
  20. Apr 24, 2011
    Filled with intricate puzzles, funny dialogue, an amazing story line and great music. A must for anyone who has already beaten the first Portal and looking for a challenge. Game play wise, Portal 2 friendly to those who are new to the Portal universe, easing them from simple puzzles to more complicated ones at a pace they can keep up with, but the story line may not make sense at certainFilled with intricate puzzles, funny dialogue, an amazing story line and great music. A must for anyone who has already beaten the first Portal and looking for a challenge. Game play wise, Portal 2 friendly to those who are new to the Portal universe, easing them from simple puzzles to more complicated ones at a pace they can keep up with, but the story line may not make sense at certain points since some of it requires knowledge from the Portal 1. But then again, IT IS a sequel. What would you expect?

Co-op is fun and keeps the player interested throughout the different chambers. With the "ping" tool players can communicate easier with each other, and the mic makes it even better. Though if players don't have access to a mic, communication can be a lot more difficult and make certain puzzles more frustrating to complete. That's only dependent on the player though, not the game, as the game provides various methods for players to "talk" to each other. Definitely impress by co-op.

... And the credit music is awesome too.
  21. Apr 24, 2011
    An incredibly good game. I would be very surprised if I get to play something better this year. Fully recommended for everybody with a heart (at all) and a mind for videogames.

Whining about COMPLETELY OPTIONAL DLCs which have NO EFFECT on the game whatsoever is ridiculous, and giving the game bad reviews because of it is childish and plain malicious.
  22. Apr 24, 2011
    After seeing so many bad reviews lowering Portal 2's score, I felt compelled to write one review myself. In a nutshell, Portal 2 is a great game, definitely better than the original. It is probably three times longer, the single-player campaign is really funny and well designed. You will feel like a genius after solving many of the test chambers. The only difference between this game andAfter seeing so many bad reviews lowering Portal 2's score, I felt compelled to write one review myself. In a nutshell, Portal 2 is a great game, definitely better than the original. It is probably three times longer, the single-player campaign is really funny and well designed. You will feel like a genius after solving many of the test chambers. The only difference between this game and the original Portal is that while the original game came out as an unexpected pleasant surprise, this one was preceded by insane levels of hype (particularly after being preceded by the mind boggling Valve ARG). In my opinion, this is the only reason this game is getting somewhat lower scores than the original Portal. There are many people that cannot make an objective review of something after so many hype, they will always feel letdown, no matter how great the game is. Expand
  23. Apr 24, 2011
    An amazing game, It was fun and quirky and the puzzles where great. Some of the best voice acting and dialogue from a video game in a long time. The length is about 6-9 hours single player with a 6 hour or so co-op mode. The story will have you smiling the whole time.
  24. Apr 24, 2011
    Portal 2 is a great game for those who have a few hours to kill. I honestly love the story and the gameplay, but it felt like the puzzles were really easy and the game ended too soon. As for the co-op, it is extremely satisfying showing off your puzzle solving skills to your friends. But if you don't have friends that own Portal 2 then you may have a hard time finishing all the puzzlesPortal 2 is a great game for those who have a few hours to kill. I honestly love the story and the gameplay, but it felt like the puzzles were really easy and the game ended too soon. As for the co-op, it is extremely satisfying showing off your puzzle solving skills to your friends. But if you don't have friends that own Portal 2 then you may have a hard time finishing all the puzzles because it's impossible get a good partner who is willing to cooperate with you. Most of the time your random partner is either ahead/behind you in their progress and they are not willing to start where you left off. I've also noticed that a lot of people were complaining about the in-game store similar to the one in TF2. To me, the store is fine, all the items are purely cosmetic and don't affect gameplay at all. Yet, buying items seems pointless because once you're done with the cooperative campaign, there are no more puzzles to solve and nobody to show your expensive hats too. Expand
  25. Apr 24, 2011
    Totally epic game. No idea where all the negative reviews are coming from. It's most likely from people who got the original Portal free as an add-on. They want everything handed to them. Portal 2 is an expansive game unlike its short predecessor. While I agree that i wish it was longer, I can't take away points for that. To do so wouldn't be logical. The story was great. The plot its selfTotally epic game. No idea where all the negative reviews are coming from. It's most likely from people who got the original Portal free as an add-on. They want everything handed to them. Portal 2 is an expansive game unlike its short predecessor. While I agree that i wish it was longer, I can't take away points for that. To do so wouldn't be logical. The story was great. The plot its self stayed true and was a nice continuation of the story in the original Portal. The characters were great as well. GLaDoS still has her "love to hate"(or "hate to love") personality intact with a bit of a twist. I love the direction they took. Skill curve applies to all type of gamers not just egotistical "pros" which is a plus for the novice gamer. The co-op is brilliant however short.(DLC please or possibly some free courses . I'm lookin at you Valve. You can capitalize here) I was able to play thru the entire co-op with someone who didnt even speak english thanks to the reticule system Valve has in place. Well done there. All in all, I cant find a reason to subtract even a full point from this masterpiece. My only complaint is that I want more.

I would love to see some more advanced chambers (hopefully valve has alot of DLC planned because I for one will buy any and all new content for this great game) Some free co-op courses would be a great addition. Take a note from the Super Meat Boy team on this one Valve. Also once the editor as out if co-op courses can be built and browsed in game, it would be excellent.

Great job Portal 2 team. You have released the GOTY. If for some reason you dont get it it will be GOTY to me and to many others im sure.
  26. Apr 24, 2011
    9/10, why? Let me break it down for you. +10 for being the most enjoyable gaming experience of my entire life, and that includes the amazing co-op feature which is completely out of this world, and -1 for being Steam only, because Steam is a HUGE pain in the back-side. I bought my copy 2 days after release and still had to download 800 megabytes of updates before the Steam application9/10, why? Let me break it down for you. +10 for being the most enjoyable gaming experience of my entire life, and that includes the amazing co-op feature which is completely out of this world, and -1 for being Steam only, because Steam is a HUGE pain in the back-side. I bought my copy 2 days after release and still had to download 800 megabytes of updates before the Steam application would let me play a game which I paid for with my own money, and on my slow North Welsh internet connection it took about 3 hours of pure downloading, rendering the internet useless for everyone else on my network. Expand
  27. Apr 24, 2011
    For a little more than half of the price of a full retail normal game you get an AMAZING single-player experience and a two-player co-op mode with it's own story and levels... If this still isn't enough for you how about, achievements? cross-platform play? or even simply the extras like the videos, the commentaries, steam cloud or even the stats... If you don't see anything is this awesomeFor a little more than half of the price of a full retail normal game you get an AMAZING single-player experience and a two-player co-op mode with it's own story and levels... If this still isn't enough for you how about, achievements? cross-platform play? or even simply the extras like the videos, the commentaries, steam cloud or even the stats... If you don't see anything is this awesome story-driven puzzle game that ticks your interest maybe you should consider giving up on gaming altogether... Expand
  28. Apr 24, 2011
    Have only played the single player campaign. This is a very worthy sequel to the creative Portal 1. The core of the game is still solving puzzles, but they have added a number of new mechanics. The length is much longer, the storyline is better and the humor is even sharper than the original. The environment is improved beyond the sterile laboratory setting (although you'll still seeHave only played the single player campaign. This is a very worthy sequel to the creative Portal 1. The core of the game is still solving puzzles, but they have added a number of new mechanics. The length is much longer, the storyline is better and the humor is even sharper than the original. The environment is improved beyond the sterile laboratory setting (although you'll still see plenty.) Voice acting by Ellen McClain, Stephen Merchant, and J.K. Simmons deliver some excellent and memorable lines.
    Cons: not much. The experiments occasionally become repetitive, while the new game mechanics- gels and light constructs- do not seem to be used to their full advantage. Level design outside the test chambers occasionally becomes confusing, a trade-off of Valve's tendency for realistic level design. Although you might get tired of the puzzles, this time around you'll keep playing for the dialogue and story.
  29. Apr 24, 2011
    Flawless, amazing and beautiful. This game blew me away. The worst part about it is I can't play it any more. Perfect 10 of 10. Bottom line is you need to get this game if you haven't already bought it.
  30. Apr 24, 2011
    THIS GAME IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MAGNIFICENT SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENT. GlaDOS would be proud. And believe me, you don't know GlaDOS until you've finished Portal 2. If you loved the original Portal, you're going to fall wildly in love with the sequel!! I wish I could give this 6 stars. This game is so rich and detailed that it is better than most Hollywood movies, let alone most videogames.THIS GAME IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MAGNIFICENT SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENT. GlaDOS would be proud. And believe me, you don't know GlaDOS until you've finished Portal 2. If you loved the original Portal, you're going to fall wildly in love with the sequel!! I wish I could give this 6 stars. This game is so rich and detailed that it is better than most Hollywood movies, let alone most videogames. I'll give you 2 words why this new Portal is so much better than the original: CAVE JOHNSON. One of the many new characters, Cave Johnson is the founder of Aperture Science... and he is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. But even better, Cave Johnson provides one of those crucial things that is missing from 99.9% of all videogames today: A STORY. A REAL, TRUE, HONEST-TO-GOODNESS BACK STORY. Oh sure, with Portal 2, you've got puzzles to solve, but you've also got an AMAZINGLY RICH BACKSTORY that satisfies and delights and humors you every step of the way. You will find yourself exploring & listening & laughing to the backstory of Aperture Science for just as long of a time as you spend solving puzzles!! And what could possibly be better than symbolically TRAVELING BACK IN TIME to solve the puzzles that Aperture Science put out in the 1950's and 1970's?! SO MUCH FUN!! SO HILARIOUS!! SO REWARDING!! It really is a testament to the geniuses at Valve Software that they SMARTLY KEPT EVERYTHING that was so perfect about the first game, and -- to prevent you from getting bored with the same ol', same ol' -- they improved upon it in every way humanly possible!! New types of objects to interact with keep the game fresh & exciting: objects like laser redirection cubes, propulsion gel, repulsion gel, and cute weighted cubes from the 1950's. If you thought you had fun flying through the air with momentum in the original Portal, wait until you start bouncing all over walls with repulsion gel, sliding down hallways with propulsion gel, and creating your own portal surfaces with conversion gel! Talk about FUN!! Adding gels to Portal was a simply magnificent idea, without making the gameplay mechanics any more difficult! I'd also like to take a minute to comment on the GORGEOUS ART DESIGN and the MESMERIZING MUSIC SOUNDTRACK throughout the entire game. It must have taken an entire team of genius artists & visionaries years to come up with the hundreds of gorgeously-rendered locations and perfect mood music that carry you through the entire game. If there is a downside to Portal 2, it is that the puzzles are shorter & easier to solve this time around. I felt like the puzzles were closer to a beginner's level this time around, and I wish they were slightly more challenging. (However, this may be because I was trained so well by the original Portal.) But what the puzzles lack in challenge is more than made up for in sheer fun, an amazing cast of characters, hilarious laugh-out-loud comedy, a wonderfully rich & deep plot, and the amazing Cave Johnson/Caroline backstory. So all of that taken together is really what makes Portal 2 shine beyond my wildest imagination. You will feel COMPLETELY SATISFIED INSIDE YOUR SOUL when you play and finish this game, because the game RICHLY REWARDS YOU for diving into this entire world. Outside of the original Portal, I can't think of ANY game I've played in the last 10 or 15 years that was as PURE FUN and RICHLY SATISFYING as Portal 2. NOTE: If you haven't played the first Portal, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you purchase & play the ORIGINAL PORTAL FIRST! If you don't play the original Portal, you're not going to understand much of the storyline in this Portal. Plus, you may be totally confused with the early puzzles in Portal 2, because they don't spend a lot of time retraining you on old skills. Don't gip yourself out of this experience by skipping over the first Portal. And, of course, the original Portal is a worldwide classic, so why WOULDN'T you want to play the original Portal first anyways? REGARDING THE PRICE OF PORTAL 2: There are some nincompoops here complaining that the game is too expensive. I personally found it a great value for my money. There are other people here complaining about the high cost of DLC (downloadable content)... this make no sense at all, because you don't NEED to purchase ANY DLC AT ALL to finish this game. The DLC is only for the most hardcore nerdiest of nerds, who need to dress up their robots in multiplayer mode with extra add-ons that are completely unnecessary. If you're THAT MUCH into this game and yet you're complaining about the price of the unnecessary/optional add-ons, then maybe you should get off your couch and look into getting a job so you can afford to dress up your robot? IN SUMMARY: This game is FANTASTIC. Kudos to the developers for not ruining what was a good thing to begin with, and for simply expanding upon the same winning formula!! I hope they create a Portal 3!!! Oh boy, do I hope they create a Portal 3. Expand
  31. Apr 24, 2011
    This game is amazing, a masterpiece if I ever played one. The music is superb, great story, and fun characters and classic lines. It's been a long time since I played a game as engaging as this. If i had a gripe, I can't say it lasted more then 20 hours so far doing multiplayer and singleplayer missions, I know the SDK is coming down the line soon, so we'll be seeing an influx of userThis game is amazing, a masterpiece if I ever played one. The music is superb, great story, and fun characters and classic lines. It's been a long time since I played a game as engaging as this. If i had a gripe, I can't say it lasted more then 20 hours so far doing multiplayer and singleplayer missions, I know the SDK is coming down the line soon, so we'll be seeing an influx of user generated maps soon. I still feel like I got my monies worth, Portal 2 was designed so well, I felt it was still a very satisfying experience. Expand
  32. Apr 24, 2011
    This is IMO the best game valve has made so far. It has incredible detail and varied level design, really fleshing out the history and characters of aperture science. Add to that new mechanics, greatly improved graphics (and graphic design) an interesting soundtrack and nice little easter eggs throughout you have a strong contender for single player experience of the year. The voiceThis is IMO the best game valve has made so far. It has incredible detail and varied level design, really fleshing out the history and characters of aperture science. Add to that new mechanics, greatly improved graphics (and graphic design) an interesting soundtrack and nice little easter eggs throughout you have a strong contender for single player experience of the year. The voice acting is freaking amazing as well.

This is all before you even get to the co op (where playing for a friend makes up for not having the banter that your enemies/allies provide in sp). Which are more challenging and very fun with a friend. I await the patches valve will bring to this (for the simple reason that for the microtransaction store to work people will have to keep playing the co-op, or perhaps a revived challenge mode). I have to add that's speculation (but informed speculation given the ~ 4 year support valve gave to tf2 its other big multiplayer release with an in game store .

All in all, best game so far this year, depending what BF3 and elderscrolls bring to the table its a strong contender for GOTY. Do not miss this! Its a prime example of what our industry is capable of.

(current play time sp ~ 6-7 a few more if you go back for achieves, co-op was around the same length, maybe a little longer, definitely enough bang for your buck, very original charming, will make you laugh and care and even think a little bit.
  33. Apr 24, 2011
    Very fun game, visually amazing, and great characters. Easily Valve's best game yet, and instantly one of my all time favorites. 7 hour singleplayer and 5 hour coop. Anyone complaining about it being short is expecting an RPG or something. As for the DLC--it's microtransactions, not DLC. DLC would imply new content, not skins. Since it's just coop with a friend it really doesn't matter ifVery fun game, visually amazing, and great characters. Easily Valve's best game yet, and instantly one of my all time favorites. 7 hour singleplayer and 5 hour coop. Anyone complaining about it being short is expecting an RPG or something. As for the DLC--it's microtransactions, not DLC. DLC would imply new content, not skins. Since it's just coop with a friend it really doesn't matter if one of you is wearing a hat, and if it bothers you that much--just don't buy one. Simple as that. Stop whining, it's an amazing game. Expand
  34. Apr 24, 2011
    Pretty awesome game, very nice dialogue with good humour, fun game play that builds on the first, perfect campaign time (Just cuts as I get bored at the 7 hour mark) and an actual a co-op campaign that some games that fits perfectly. Would have gave it 9/10, but all the morons saying its a 3 hour DLC ridden pile forced me to bump it up to 10 for the overall score.
  35. Apr 24, 2011
    If you are reading these reviews and are unaware, several popular forums started campaigns to lower the average score by giving zeros. No reason or logic behind the negativity, just to sh*t on something popular. Here are a few things Portal 2 is not:

1) Portal 2 is not a 4 hour game, a 2 hour game, a 15 minute game or any other exaggeration that has been thrown out there in the zero score reviews. The length of the game is going to vary depending on your skill level and whether you do much exploring around or looking for Easter eggs (there are a couple of good ones to be found), but the single player lasted me 8 hours, getting stuck on two puzzles briefly. It also has a lengthy co-op campaign that is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT, they don't recycle the SP levels. 2) It is not a "console port". I bought the game on PS3 to play split screen co-op with my girlfriend, but I played the PC version that came with it for single player. I have a modest PC but am able to play at near max settings and it looks and plays brilliantly. After seeing and playing both, the PC version is the best version of the game, hands down.

3) It is not a Day 1 DLC filled monstrosity that nickels and dimes you to death to play through any part of the game. The only DLC in the game is meaningless cosmetic items like hats for co-op. The co-op campaign is set up in a way that I expect there to be extra levels added, and given Valves track record in Team Fortress 2 and Left4Dead, I expect that DLC to be free. This seems to be the balance they have reached, TF2 updates have been plentiful and free, while hats make them money. Others can disagree with me on this, but if cosmetic crap = $$$ and maps/levels = free, I'm thrilled by that.

4) Portal 2 is NOT a zero score game. A score of 0 should be reserved for the very worst of the worst garbage out there, probably games that are broken and unplayable. I respect the opinion of anyone who has written a reasonable low score review, some people simply didn't enjoy the game as much and that's fine, but the people who have written zero score reviews filled with nonsense or lies are just idiots. The campaign to lower the score of the game for no logical reason really shows off the worst of the internet, nerds with too much time on their hands and a false sense of empowerment from tearing down things other people enjoy. Pros: Exceptional writing and voice acting, genuinely funny and engaging. Expands the world of Portal and back story dramatically in funny and interesting ways. Same great portal gameplay expanded by tons of new elements that never feel out of place or too difficult to use with the portals. One of my favorite, most insane, funny, and unique endings to a game ever. If you enjoyed Portal or puzzle games in general, you'll love this game.
    Cons: Personally, my only gripe is the load screens. The source engine has always had a lot of load points, but this game uses a full screen load screen that kind of takes you out of the flow of the game momentarily.
  36. Apr 24, 2011
    Simply one of the most fun and entertaining games in a long time. It's full of humor and plot twists. Playing co-op with a good friend is even better than single player.
  37. Apr 24, 2011
    If this game was just an expansion of the first portal, then I would have been dissapointed. However, Portal 2 offers additions: reflection cubes, various coloured paint, wall/bridges & pull/push beams to keep the gameplay varied and ultimately this game has very impressive level design. I didn't find the game that amusing, but there are more lines from NPC's to make you smile. I thinkIf this game was just an expansion of the first portal, then I would have been dissapointed. However, Portal 2 offers additions: reflection cubes, various coloured paint, wall/bridges & pull/push beams to keep the gameplay varied and ultimately this game has very impressive level design. I didn't find the game that amusing, but there are more lines from NPC's to make you smile. I think this game is far superior to the original and I highly recommend it. Expand
  38. Apr 24, 2011
    First of all this game is true to its predecessor. it took all the elements of portal and made them better, it even incorperated som new very clever features. all this with a compelling story, epic scenery great graphics, and all the good stuff that you would expect from a AAA title like portal, and not only that but when its from valve, so you know it will be great.

the new multiplayer

the new multiplayer features that are included will make for hours of playing fun with friends, high class puzzle solving is just the thing to make the time go by, they deserve a full score for the work they put into this title. truly a game worth buying if you enjoyed the first one, and maybye even if you did not..
  39. Apr 24, 2011
    Played through to completion and it's almost everything I would have wanted in a sequel to Portal. The only thing I would mark it down for is it's probably a little too easy, the first contained more taxing puzzles and you were far more likely to die. This might be improved later down the line with free DLC levels and user based content. All in all, a great game.
  40. Apr 24, 2011
    I've played this through. Indeed it was rather short though this is what one should expect from a game like portal. There could have been endless test chambers with puzzle after puzzle but unless the gameplay is completely changed, there is no way to really keep the game interesting that way. This game is driven by a story that makes the puzzling less monotonous. I couldn't see myselfI've played this through. Indeed it was rather short though this is what one should expect from a game like portal. There could have been endless test chambers with puzzle after puzzle but unless the gameplay is completely changed, there is no way to really keep the game interesting that way. This game is driven by a story that makes the puzzling less monotonous. I couldn't see myself playing a 20 hour long Portal campaign, there just simply isn't enough to the game. If you are looking for an extended challenge, they're called mods. Welcome to PC gaming.
    It also makes sense for the PC version to have the same loading levels as the console games. With the goals of cross platform compatibility, it would have taken Valve a long time to make two different versions that were compatible. The question of DLC. I didn't know there was any until I read reviews. Apparently it's enough to offend several users enough to rate this game 0/10. If I at any time felt like I was being sold to in game then maybe I'd support these reactions, but what I saw was a game that was on sale at pre-order that I had more fun with than any of the Gears of War games since the first, or any Call of Duty games for that matter.
    I loved this game. It was well worth the $35 I paid for it brand new and would have been worth $60 if I was dumb enough to not look for a deal.
  41. Apr 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. first of all, it has to be mentioned, that portal 2 is a really, really good game, excellent sound, great storyline, awesome ideas and designs, but i personally missed the opportunity to clear a level in different ways... i played portal 1 so much, because i always wanted to decrease the time i need to play through it... portal 2´s puzzles are great and i love the new ideas, but why the hell isn´t it possible to play levels in different types of ways? i mean for me and many other people i guess, it was one of the main reasons why i loved portal 1 so much.
    Portal 2 rests as a great game as i said before, but, in my opinion, it just can´t reach portal, because of it´s puzzles.
    i just missed a reason to play through portal 2 again.
  42. Apr 24, 2011
    Probably one of the most polished and well put together games I have ever played. It's hard to say anything about this game that hasn't been said by the critics, but the thing that struck me most about Portal 2 is how seamlessly the gameplay and story come together. In traditional Valve style, Portal 2 never interrupts the gameplay with cutscenes, instead a lot of the plot and history ofProbably one of the most polished and well put together games I have ever played. It's hard to say anything about this game that hasn't been said by the critics, but the thing that struck me most about Portal 2 is how seamlessly the gameplay and story come together. In traditional Valve style, Portal 2 never interrupts the gameplay with cutscenes, instead a lot of the plot and history of Aperture lie in the little details spread throughout the game. The game allows for an element of discovery practically unheard of in first person linear games, since most developers tend to think subtlety and something as simple as reading signs is beyond the capabilities of the player. Overall I think this game is a must have, the single player is great and the co-op works better than I thought. Expand
  43. Apr 24, 2011
    One game you should not miss. Genuinely funny and intelligent Portal 2 is the kind of game that makes me remember why i started gaming in the first place. Unlike its predecessor the game shines through story and character design. Not to say that Portal was bad in those categories. It's just that Portal 2 has so many "WOW" moments, so many vistas that show the immensity of ApertureOne game you should not miss. Genuinely funny and intelligent Portal 2 is the kind of game that makes me remember why i started gaming in the first place. Unlike its predecessor the game shines through story and character design. Not to say that Portal was bad in those categories. It's just that Portal 2 has so many "WOW" moments, so many vistas that show the immensity of Aperture Science, it just makes you feel small and insignificant. Like a rat rat in maze. I have never felt this way by playing a game before. Buy it. It is the a game for the ages. Expand
  44. Apr 24, 2011
    Genius, perhaps the best game I've played. If you like things a little outside the box then you'll love this. Valve know how to make a game - it's also very funny indeed.
  45. Apr 24, 2011
    Great game that is well written and has a fantastic sense of humor. I havnt tried the multiplayer yet(still working on single player) but the game could well be game of the year(we will see about Skyrim).
  46. Apr 24, 2011
    Well, because i'm not a massive **** I will be rating this game honestly and I gotta say, it's brilliant. The story progressed beautifully on from Portal 1 (especially with the Lab Rat comic) and it actually made me sad at the end. The gameplay is magnificent and the only downside to it was midway there was a lack of voice acting and it seemed a tad boring and sometimes the only reason youWell, because i'm not a massive **** I will be rating this game honestly and I gotta say, it's brilliant. The story progressed beautifully on from Portal 1 (especially with the Lab Rat comic) and it actually made me sad at the end. The gameplay is magnificent and the only downside to it was midway there was a lack of voice acting and it seemed a tad boring and sometimes the only reason you were stalled was because of poor level design (though i'm unsure whether it was honestly poor level design or just a hard puzzle to figure out). Easily the best game I have played in a long time and it's a shame to see so many retards review bombing it with blatant lies about how long the game took etc.
    I'd also like to point out that most, if not all, of the store items are unlockable through achievements and they're only cosmetic anyway so no need to **** about them.
  47. Apr 24, 2011
    Most of the things I love about this game have already been addressed in other user reviews.. I'll just say that this is probably the first game I've seen that can be funny, scary and mysterious at the same time. Also, the dynamic music engine is wonderful. Looking forward to post-release DLC chambers!
  48. Apr 24, 2011
    This game is just awesome! It's a bit overpriced for what it offers, but it's just awesome. You never get bored of playing it. Maybe a bit bored over Single Player but never bored of Co-Op since you always play with different people and there's always something different. Again, awesome game!!!
  49. Apr 24, 2011
    An absolutely phenomenal gaming experience on so many levels. Valve just keep getting better and better... and even better. There is no end to their creative genius.
  50. Apr 24, 2011
    This game is is the best game from valve ever, the visuals are unbelivable, the sound is amazing, the puzzles are hard but once you figure it out it you feel smart and love it, the story is unbalivabley awesome, co-op is great ONLY if your friends have it otherwise you dont get to play... otherwise thats good, still this is the most awesome thing ever...of all time.
  51. Apr 24, 2011
    One of the best games out there. Not just for Valve/Portal fans, but anyone who likes puzzles games and witty dialogue will enjoy it. I really haven't found a valid complaint about it. The characters are great and, while the first few levels are a little slow story-wise, it eventually picks up pace. And that's not to say those levels are bad, still fun puzzles and interesting remarks fromOne of the best games out there. Not just for Valve/Portal fans, but anyone who likes puzzles games and witty dialogue will enjoy it. I really haven't found a valid complaint about it. The characters are great and, while the first few levels are a little slow story-wise, it eventually picks up pace. And that's not to say those levels are bad, still fun puzzles and interesting remarks from GLaDOS. The game is fairly short, some say only 4 hours but most I know finish in 6 to 8, but after that you still have co-op, which if you haven't tried, you really need to. A lot of teamwork, but it's a ton of fun and you still have GLaDOS with her sarcastic remarks. Yes, the did have the Potato Sack, but even if you didn't like that it doesn't affect the actual game. Oh, no, DLC. All it is though is aesthetics for your co-op bot. It doesn't make Valve evil to try and make some money, and really it's great that it doesn't do anything to the actual gameplay. Expand
  52. Apr 24, 2011
    Story comes to the forefront a bit more in this than the previous Portals. The puzzles aren't all that difficult but they are challenging and keep the story moving. Hopefully now that they've moved the story on they can release some good challenging DLC. Not sure what all the hate is there for, this is an excellent product by a great studio. A must play for any gamer in 2011.
  53. Apr 24, 2011
    Portal 2 very simply tops the original in almost every single way with the only thing letting it down being the reduced novelty of the basic portal mechanic. It is incredibly well written, excellently voiced characters with genuinely designed levels and all wrapped up in a package of non-conformism compared to the usual AAA video games.

Ultimately Portal 2 is just a pure piece of

Ultimately Portal 2 is just a pure piece of entertainment from start to finish and if it does not get Game of the Year then there simply is no justice in the industry. No game in the past three years comes close to what Portal 2 is and that is not just opinion, it is the truth of the matter.

Get this game on PC/Mac or PS3, only get the 360 version if you have no other choice since you get the most value from the other versions.

And for all those who badly rated Portal 2 on metacritic for asinine reasons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytbDZrw1jc
  54. Apr 24, 2011
    I am honestly rather ashamed to be a part of the PC gaming community right now. For a long time, I was proud of how PC gamers acted towards others. We, with some exceptions obviously, were a cordial lot, and **** was at a minimum. But looking at what has happened with Metacritic User scores of Portal Two has really brought the bile up in me. It's merely a bunch of little children actingI am honestly rather ashamed to be a part of the PC gaming community right now. For a long time, I was proud of how PC gamers acted towards others. We, with some exceptions obviously, were a cordial lot, and **** was at a minimum. But looking at what has happened with Metacritic User scores of Portal Two has really brought the bile up in me. It's merely a bunch of little children acting like even littler children, holding their breath until they get a lollipop.

4 hours? If this game took you four hours you cheated, or you rushed through or ignored dialogue (which was the funniest dialogue I have ever heard in a game, I might add). The game takes 7 hours at the least. It took me longer. I explored everything, and took my time soaking in the wonderful world Valve has created. And even this 7 hours is merely the single-player game. The co-op game has an entirely different storyline, and although I haven't had the chance to play it yet, I'm sure it's up to the same standard that the single-player is.

Secondly; Day one DLC? Ha! If you call those purely cosmetic additions to the co-op game DLC, then you really are griping. Sure, in the strictest sense of the word, it is downloadable content. But so are the hats in TF2. Now, I think they are way over-priced to be honest, but they are entirely optional, and don't change how the game plays at all. Also, some of them get unlocked with achievements, so you can get them for free.

Thirdly; The ARG. Sure, it only ended up being released a few hours before the actual release date, and that did annoy me to some extent. But it was, again, optional, and I had a good time participating in it, and I played some games I might never have that I am now a major fan of, such as Defense Grid. I also think that Valve MAY have overestimated the amount of people that would play the ARG. I myself was surprised at how few did. I think Valve had probably meant to release it a day early, over maybe even earlier than that, but unfortunately, not enough people participated. This is something that will be addressed when Valve issue a full statement about the ARG I'm sure.

Lastly; a console port? Really? Grow the hell up people? One tiny little oversight by Valve on the saving screen and everyone starts screaming bloody murder. If you think this was a port by just that, then you're either just trolling, or are truly a moron. My rig is in dire dire need of being upgraded, but Portal Two worked wonderfully on it, and managed to stay remarkably pretty on it at the same time. A misplaced word does not a console port make.
    Overall, a fantastic game, with the newest build of the Source engine, that while still being clumsy in some regards, has held up remarkably well. The dialogue is funny where it should be, and poignant and moving where it should be, and throws in a few curve balls as well. I can't remember the last time I was so happy just sitting back and taking in the dialogue of other characters. I couldn't help but laugh out loud on numerous occasions, which is something that only rarely happens to me in games. Valve managed to expand the core concepts of the game, and add in a few new ones, all without the dreaded Sequel Bloat that seems to plague games these days. This game will go down in the hall of fame, trust me on that.
  55. Apr 24, 2011
    One of the best games ever. Amazing story, interesting puzzles, likeable characters, it's witty and funny withouth being retarded, psycological and original. It's just really fun! The first one was awesome, this one is epic. It explains what was missing in Portal one's plot withouth giving away everything. Even knowing the risks of being bad, I kinda want to see a third one.
  56. Apr 24, 2011
    One of the best games out there. the game is a masterpiece the story keeps you interested the whole game and the game was about 8 hours long and after beating it i wanted to play right through it again.

The co-op shows every other game company how co-op should be done one of the most fun on line games i have ever played
  57. Apr 24, 2011
    I really enjoyed Portal 2, it was by far the most awesome game I played in a while now. The game has a good storyline, cool characters and really good jokes and puzzles. The coop has a separate story which is as good as the singleplayer one. The editor will be released later, and I think, with community-made maps, Portal 2 will be one of the best games this year.
  58. Apr 24, 2011
    This game was completely breathtaking.. utterly outstanding.. phenomenal.. I can't express how much I loved it.. the BEST game I have ever played, and I've played a hell of a lot. Yes, ok, it wasn't the longest game ever.. but if you think about all the extra little bits they've put into it and all the back-story, it is incredible.. I cannot wait for more portal.. whether that be portal 3This game was completely breathtaking.. utterly outstanding.. phenomenal.. I can't express how much I loved it.. the BEST game I have ever played, and I've played a hell of a lot. Yes, ok, it wasn't the longest game ever.. but if you think about all the extra little bits they've put into it and all the back-story, it is incredible.. I cannot wait for more portal.. whether that be portal 3 (hopefully asap) or DLC I will be buying it.. And I would definitely recommend it to anyone.. even people who don't normally play games, it has something extra, something special.. 10/10 Expand
  59. Apr 24, 2011
    Basically, this is a game that needs to be played to be believed. There will probably never be another like it, in terms of writing, style and voice acting. Ignore the haters, and their trivial points. Just play this game, because it's probably as close to perfection as the medium will ever get.
  60. Apr 24, 2011
    Ok it may be shorter than other titles you can pick up for the price, but what Valve have succeeded in doing time and time again is to create a perfectly packaged experience. They have prioritized Quality over quantity, and although i may not want to play through it again, i feel completely fulfilled with just one play through. I also agree that it isn't particularly hard, but that's aOk it may be shorter than other titles you can pick up for the price, but what Valve have succeeded in doing time and time again is to create a perfectly packaged experience. They have prioritized Quality over quantity, and although i may not want to play through it again, i feel completely fulfilled with just one play through. I also agree that it isn't particularly hard, but that's a testament to the game design that they subtly each you how to complete the puzzles in advance so you never get stuck. But i hope that valve follows up with some free DLC with some more challenging levels or more Co-op missions (that coop hub was too big for just 5 chapters) which will make the price point worthwhile. Expand
  61. Apr 24, 2011
    I really don't understand the hate some users are heaping on this--this game is FUN!

Absolutely loved it all. The dialog is once again endlessly quotable: sharp, witty, and intelligent. Those reporting that it's not funny...are certainly not humorous people. In fact, they're probably dead bores, socially obtuse, and only adept at creating awkward silences. For anyone else with half a sense of humor, this stuff is gold. Plot's solid, there's some great history about Aperture Laboratories, and it does a great job at wrapping everything up. The puzzles are challenging, all the new elements are a lot of fun, and it feels like there was a great deal of thought, care, and innovation put into this. As I played, I couldn't help but marvel sometimes at just how much I missed this kind of experience--Portal 2 takes on all the good of the original game, and makes it even that much better. A must buy, and a strong, well-deserved contender for Game of the Year!
  62. Apr 24, 2011
    I enjoyed this game very much. It didn't take long to finish, but the time spent was quality time. It's funny. It looks good. It makes you think. I really wanted to find out what was going to happen in the end (and the end was amazing). My only criticism is in regard to the replay value. I'd imagine that if you want to be challenged again after beating the game, then you'll have to giveI enjoyed this game very much. It didn't take long to finish, but the time spent was quality time. It's funny. It looks good. It makes you think. I really wanted to find out what was going to happen in the end (and the end was amazing). My only criticism is in regard to the replay value. I'd imagine that if you want to be challenged again after beating the game, then you'll have to give yourself time to forget the solutions to the puzzles before replaying it. I could see, however, someone playing through it again just for the sheer spectacle and narrative. Great, great game. Expand
  63. Apr 24, 2011
    Simply one of the best games I have played in years. Excellent story-telling, fantastic voice acting, and incredibly high production values support a puzzle game of exquisite brain-teasers. Pure class.

The single player game takes approximately 8 hours to play though; the genius co-op game takes a similar amount of time. I simply did not want it to end, enjoyed every single second of it. Started to play through it again immediately after finishing, to go find all the hidden Easter eggs. A gem.

Similar to other Valve games thereâ
  64. Apr 24, 2011
    Game of the year. Game of the decade. Game of the century. Game of the everything. Portal is the new Half-Life, you have to play it at some point in your gaming life. THAT TIME IS NOW.
  65. Apr 24, 2011
    A beautifully constructed SinglePlayer experience, with awesome puzzles, story and visuals even though the source engine is quite old. The SP mode surpasses the amazing HL2 and it's episodes and is a huge upgrade from Portal 1. The co-op is just as good and at times better with a lot of opportunities for co-op bonding, highly recommended for everyone. An exceptional game and one of theA beautifully constructed SinglePlayer experience, with awesome puzzles, story and visuals even though the source engine is quite old. The SP mode surpasses the amazing HL2 and it's episodes and is a huge upgrade from Portal 1. The co-op is just as good and at times better with a lot of opportunities for co-op bonding, highly recommended for everyone. An exceptional game and one of the best video gaming experiences I've had in years. Stay tuned for later updates and community made levels and mods! Expand
  66. Apr 24, 2011
    I can't believe the critical response to this game. They've rated it higher than pretty much any game in history. Are you people serious? Do people really think this game is better then Half-Life 2, Oblivion, Dragon Age Origins, and ME 2? Granted, Portal 2 is a fun puzzle game with clever dialogue, but it's by no means one of the greatest games in history. The puzzles becomeI can't believe the critical response to this game. They've rated it higher than pretty much any game in history. Are you people serious? Do people really think this game is better then Half-Life 2, Oblivion, Dragon Age Origins, and ME 2? Granted, Portal 2 is a fun puzzle game with clever dialogue, but it's by no means one of the greatest games in history. The puzzles become monotonous towards the end. I thought they should have broken up the pace a bit more with story elements instead of puzzle, puzzle, puzzle, puzzle, story snip-it, puzzle. The presentation was good, the voice acting great, and the graphics were solid. Again, a little more variety in setting would have been nice, but the game is definitely better than average in this department. Overall, I believe the game deserves an 8.5-9. Pro-Reviewers, Save the 9.5-10 scores for the true masterpieces please. Expand
  67. Apr 24, 2011
    Innovative, original, hilarious and wonderfully fun. A testament to what a sequel should be. Bioware's Dragon age 2 team should look at this game as a how to manual for releasing a sequel.
  68. Apr 24, 2011
    This is a great game. i have always love Valve games and this keeps it going. And just like most of valves games it keeps you laughing the whole way to the end. Not a big fan of the whole "Buy stuff for your Robot" option. afraid there gonna try turn into Microsoft, but as far as the game goes its a ten. keep it up.... Just wish we would hear more about Half-Life 3 / HL2 EP3
  69. Apr 24, 2011
    It's amazing to see how far the Portal series has come in just two games. Once just a puzzle game with that devious GLaDOS providing some of the only story and background to Aperture Science, Portal 2 takes a leap and bounds right on into a full blown game full of new and creative puzzles, even better written dialogue (hard to imagine), a plethora of additions to the lovable cast without aIt's amazing to see how far the Portal series has come in just two games. Once just a puzzle game with that devious GLaDOS providing some of the only story and background to Aperture Science, Portal 2 takes a leap and bounds right on into a full blown game full of new and creative puzzles, even better written dialogue (hard to imagine), a plethora of additions to the lovable cast without a single forced entry, and an ever deepening backdrop to Aperture Science that at times almost seems overwhelming, yet it never manages to overtake you.

Its humor is stronger, the presence of a true story is wonderful, and not a single thing seems out of place.

Portal 2 is the definition of what a game should be, without ever once scolding you for loving it.
  70. Apr 23, 2011
    This game deserves a 10 on the strength of the multiplayer component alone... I've honestly never had as much fun with a random person... I was literally whooping for joy on completion of some of the tougher puzzles.

That being said, the single player campaign is absolutely perfect. A perfect gaming experience. It deserves an 11 to be honest... anyways I just finished it and I'm still soaking it in... All i have to say is... Great job valve. Greatest game company in the world.
  71. Apr 23, 2011
    After playing for a while I came to this conclusion. Portal 2 is one of the best games Valve has made. Adds more to the story and more game mechanics. The humor in this game is side splitting but really shows its self in the co-op mode.My only complaint is the in game store which allows you to purchase items like hats and skins which doesn't offer an bonuses other than the cool factorAfter playing for a while I came to this conclusion. Portal 2 is one of the best games Valve has made. Adds more to the story and more game mechanics. The humor in this game is side splitting but really shows its self in the co-op mode.My only complaint is the in game store which allows you to purchase items like hats and skins which doesn't offer an bonuses other than the cool factor among your friends.But otherwise well worth every penny and I look forward to what Valve will do with further updates. Expand
  72. Apr 23, 2011
    Portal 2 is a much more accessible and refined gaming experience which will appeal to a larger audience. It still feels like Portal and your manipulation of these doorways through space are the main reason. The games real triumph is in taking game animation and voice recording to a whole new level. Valve deserve their comparisons to Pixar for this work of genius. JK Simmons and StephenPortal 2 is a much more accessible and refined gaming experience which will appeal to a larger audience. It still feels like Portal and your manipulation of these doorways through space are the main reason. The games real triumph is in taking game animation and voice recording to a whole new level. Valve deserve their comparisons to Pixar for this work of genius. JK Simmons and Stephen Merchant provide excellent performances doing the writing justice. Portal 2 is a hilarious, dark sci-fi comedy with real heart. This game will give you much more playtime than the first game and is a fuller realisation, a complete game. It is not only the game of the year but a benchmark for which game developers should aim for. Expand
  73. Apr 23, 2011
    Pay no attention to anyone giving this game a bad score, they are the people who want to nit pick the small details. I enjoyed this game immensely. The dark humor, the underlying story that you had to piece together, the puzzles. I can't name a single thing i didn't like about portal 2.
  74. Apr 23, 2011
    Really getting a little bit hipster-y with the reviews here, guys. It doesn't matter if it seems forced and over-hyped IF it is an incredible game, but a lot of people don't seem to want to admit that; it's more fun to bash a company that seems to have "sold out". Same to all the pissbuckets that are mad over buying the Potato Sack for a slightly earlier release: you got a slightly earlierReally getting a little bit hipster-y with the reviews here, guys. It doesn't matter if it seems forced and over-hyped IF it is an incredible game, but a lot of people don't seem to want to admit that; it's more fun to bash a company that seems to have "sold out". Same to all the pissbuckets that are mad over buying the Potato Sack for a slightly earlier release: you got a slightly earlier release and got a bunch of top notch indie games for a steeply discounted price.

Now, to the actual game. The puzzles are just as clever as those from the original, and the extra elements just make them a bit more interesting to figure out (actually, executing the puzzles is more fun as well, seeing that you can now fly around quite a bit more, what with the aerial faith plates and repulsion gel).
    The storytelling seems to be some of the most solid in a videogame yet. No interactivity with the storyline, and yet it still seems more emotionally engaging then most other games that force a "moral decision" (see Bioshock, a great game that executed morality terribly).

Hey, didn't people also hate on another Valve sequel at launch? One that's pretty much the benchmark for FPS nowadays? Because of something trivial and unrelated to the game itself? And didn't that hate carry over to initial consumer opinions? Yeah.
  75. Apr 23, 2011
    I really don't even know where to begin. While I would not say this is the best Valve game ever made (I have a soft spot for HL 1), it is he best game they've made since HL2, and is definitely the best game to come out in years, AAA or not. They gameplay is slick, the puzzles are entertaining and reasonably challenging, and the co-op is polished and well thought out rather than being aI really don't even know where to begin. While I would not say this is the best Valve game ever made (I have a soft spot for HL 1), it is he best game they've made since HL2, and is definitely the best game to come out in years, AAA or not. They gameplay is slick, the puzzles are entertaining and reasonably challenging, and the co-op is polished and well thought out rather than being a last second tack on. However, the deal maker here is the writing. Why the hell can't other games have writing this good? I feel more attached to a mute woman with spring-legs and a sociopath AI than pretty much every video game character in the past 5 years. And this doesn't even include Cave Johnson and his lemons tirade, which may go down in history as the best lines ever uttered in a video game.

This game is great because there is nothing it can be compared to aside from Portal. It breaks the mold of great AAA titles being gritty, realistic, brown, based on combat, and super serious. If you want to hate the game, hate the fact that there is absolutely nothing else like it on the market save its predecessor. It is unique in a time when no other game really is. Yeah, it's a little short, but I have a feeling making a game based on intricate puzzles is a little harder to do than today's corridor shooter. Everything has to be fresh - you can't recycle entire test chambers like you can corridors in which to shoot people. All the same, it's a solid game for a solid price, and it will only get better after the SDK is released and some map makers start making the really challenging maps. If you've played the Portal 1 Flash Map Pack, you know what I'm talking about. Also, a note about the DLC. Yeah, no one really wants to pay real money for an e-hat. So don't. /v/ just hates video games, so they''ll trash anything they can. It's nice to see supporters of the game come out and give this game a deserving score, which isn't necessarily a 10 for everyone, but it's definitely not a 0-3. Valve did it again (and I was really skeptical about whether a full game could be made from the simple premise of Portal). Good work.
  76. Apr 23, 2011
    Valve is by far my favourite game company. Portal 2 is AMAZING. The graphics and animations are superb. The story behind all of this is by far the best sequel I've played. Not to mention Valve managed to hit the comedy factor perfectly, because that is what makes them the best. They portray everything in Portal 2 as their best creation. I wish aperture scientists could invent a way toValve is by far my favourite game company. Portal 2 is AMAZING. The graphics and animations are superb. The story behind all of this is by far the best sequel I've played. Not to mention Valve managed to hit the comedy factor perfectly, because that is what makes them the best. They portray everything in Portal 2 as their best creation. I wish aperture scientists could invent a way to clear my memory so I can play Portal 2 OVER and over again. Not to mention the co op just makes everything much better. Well done Valve, well done. Expand
  77. Apr 23, 2011
    I cannot believe the people who complain about the length of Portal 2. I have played sooo many hours of the original and consider myself pretty good at thinking with portals. I timed myself and beat Portal 1 in 1 hour and 5 minutes. Portal 2's single player took me 3 nights of solid 4 hour chunks. Great content the entire time, hilarious, original, and with awesome puzzles. The newI cannot believe the people who complain about the length of Portal 2. I have played sooo many hours of the original and consider myself pretty good at thinking with portals. I timed myself and beat Portal 1 in 1 hour and 5 minutes. Portal 2's single player took me 3 nights of solid 4 hour chunks. Great content the entire time, hilarious, original, and with awesome puzzles. The new gameplay elements like the gels, light bridges, excursion funnels, aerial faith plates, etc. add a lot of cool new stuff to the puzzles. I would love to see some awesome DLC or User Created Content. The only reason I don't give this game a 10/10 is that there is a considerable amount of loading but not so much as to hinder the story and experience very much. Expand
  78. Apr 23, 2011
    Reading the negative reviews on here, people complain about stupid things, because they are snobs? who knows where their ego is...As being a fan of the first game, I held high expectations for this one, and I must say they were blown away...I was sucked in and couldn't stop till I finished, I completed the Single Player Campaign in less than a day of the game being released. Although theReading the negative reviews on here, people complain about stupid things, because they are snobs? who knows where their ego is...As being a fan of the first game, I held high expectations for this one, and I must say they were blown away...I was sucked in and couldn't stop till I finished, I completed the Single Player Campaign in less than a day of the game being released. Although the concept is nothing new, instead of being a straight up puzzle, it makes it more of an adventure game as you move through the massive aperture science facility. Visually, the game itself looked beautiful, the construction, the layout, the entire insane level designs were impressive for a dated engine, this game looks better rendered than some other top competing games out there, I hope Valve is working on a newer improved engine, I can't even imagine how much better looking this game would have been if there was a new Source engine. As for gameplay? It is a very linear path, of course, you solve puzzles, move on to next area so on an so forth.The game is linear as it gets, but the solving the spatial puzzles to move on is what is incredibly genuine, even more so than the first game, the puzzles seem to make you think a little more creatively than the first, with the "gels", the hardlight bridges, and the gravity beams... it gets real interesting in what you can do as far as solving each room to get by. Solid visuals and gameplay throughout, while doing so, pay attention to EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING, from the scenery to the humorous signs throughout the game and dialogue is killer! right from the start you can't help but laugh at the quips that happen between GLADos and Wheatley, It was very enjoyable and entertaining, as you progress through the game you pass old old old test chambers in which "Cave Johnson" (voiced by JK Simmons) speaks to you about becoming a volunteer for "tests" and through each of those levels it becomes more entertaining listening to Cave talk about the facility. All the way to the end of the game, was just non-stop awe for me, Although I was able to complete the game in about 7-8 hours, It was well worth the purchase just for that, I enjoyed every moment of the single player campaign from start to finish, and to me, has extremely high replay value, especially trying to complete some of the "puzzles" as quickly as possible, To me, none of the puzzles were extremely difficult, but they definitely make you think! As far as a satisfying ending, the climax scene was just WOW! you will know what I'm talking about when you see it. Co-Op mode is definitely worth it too, you'll probably spend more time with this one than the single player campaign, teamwork is utterly essential...in co-op the puzzles are actually more challenging and you have to work as a team and have precise timing in a good portion of the puzzles, I hope they have DLC to expand co-op or allow Developer Package to create and design your own portal puzzles...As far as the DLC content and purchasing them? who the hell cares? if you don't like it, then don't buy the S$%!, it is no different than how TF2 works, obviously people have fun in customizing their characters....AND GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, PORTAL 2 WAS PORTED TO CONSOLE, BLACK OPS WAS A CONSOLE PORT ABORTION. Expand
  79. Apr 23, 2011
    GOTY for me. This game is one of the most immersive I've ever played. If you enjoyed portal or any of the half life games you owe it to yourself to play Portal 2.
  80. Apr 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of my favorite games of all time, even better than the first. The story, the puzzles, and the characters are all more complex this time around, in a good way. The ending itself is amazing, the moon sequence, followed by the adorable turret opera, topped off with the unexpected return of the (original?) companion cube! Well done Valve! Expand
  81. Apr 23, 2011
    Well, I partly created Metacritic account just to make sure this game's score is bumped up because people who have scored this game anything but lower than 7 are idiots! They have no legit reason. In reality I'd say this game is somewhere between 8.5-9.5. I wouldn't say 10 though.

First and foremost, the game took 10 hours for me to complete. I am not a puzzle genius and I kind of looked for secrets etc. So lets say my ponderings and my secret hunting took another 2-3 hours, you should at least get 7 hours of gameplay easy on the single player. I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet! That is like 3 times the time I got out of Portal 1!!! And anything longer would truly drag this game out. That is the thing. Portal titles, by nature, cannot be very long. Unless the formula has been changed.

Secoondly, I loved the humour, I loved the graphics style, I love the characters and animations, I loved the writing, I loved the ending...I also loved the atmosphere...
    However, in the back of my mind I kept comparing to the first game and at some point the pacing slows down. The new mechanics aren't necessarily given enough gameplay time which makes you a bit craving for more...that and the loading screens (though lasted very short) were a bit of immersion breaker. Valve never used to take people out of the game before, I was surprised to see them.

I don't have a latest system and I played the game at the highest settings of it all with no hitches. Though Source engine doesn't compare to some big names like Crytek, it still looks goddamn good! I'd say performance over potential looks!

Overall, it is a worthy purchase unless you are a person who really can't stand puzzle games and need something to shoot/kill because you will be required to use your brain and won't have any face to face opponents to kill.
  82. Apr 23, 2011
    I can't believe some people are giving this awesome game a bad review simply because it wasn't released early and there is day one dlc. The only negative thing I have to say is that the graphics do look a bit dated but because everything else is so well done I don't really care. I wish more developers put this much effort into writing, I can't think of any other game (besides the firstI can't believe some people are giving this awesome game a bad review simply because it wasn't released early and there is day one dlc. The only negative thing I have to say is that the graphics do look a bit dated but because everything else is so well done I don't really care. I wish more developers put this much effort into writing, I can't think of any other game (besides the first portal) that I will replay levels just to listen to the dialog. I hope that people don't take this nonsensical garbage seriously and give portal 2 a chance, if you do you won't be disappointed. Expand
  83. Apr 23, 2011
    Good sequel to Portal. Yes is shorter than some games but its longer than Portal 1 and has co-op for more time to play it.
    Padding this for minimum characters.
  84. Apr 23, 2011
    For all the people saying this is the best game ever made, it may be a bit early to make that assumption. But I have to say Portal 2 is one of the best games I have ever played. For those of you stating that Portal 2 is it better than Mass Effect 2, Half Life games, Team Fortress, Bioshock, Oblivion (Whatever the hell you find is your favorite game) you are not understanding that everyoneFor all the people saying this is the best game ever made, it may be a bit early to make that assumption. But I have to say Portal 2 is one of the best games I have ever played. For those of you stating that Portal 2 is it better than Mass Effect 2, Half Life games, Team Fortress, Bioshock, Oblivion (Whatever the hell you find is your favorite game) you are not understanding that everyone is going to have a different opinion and favorite game style but once again I have to say Portal 2 is worth your respect even if you do not like puzzle games like this; the story and design of the game are so well done it is not worth the negative reviews it is receiving by some people trying to make a point. For me its in my Top 10 favorite games of all time and it deserves a high score. Expand
  85. Apr 23, 2011
    One of the greatest games ever made. This game is extremely entertaining with superb gameplay, writing, voice acting, and fun factor. Co-op and single player campaigns are both very satisfying.
  86. Apr 23, 2011
    Fantastic. what a great game and excellent addition to the first Portal game. Would liked to have seen some more content, a bit longer solo play, and maybe co-op with an AI bot as a partner.
  87. Apr 23, 2011
    A beautifully scripted narrative with top-notch performance from voice actors Ellen McLain and Stephen Merchant, Portal 2 immerses and challenges you as one of the best games from Valve to date.
    With excellent humor and good pacing, this is one of the smartest games released in a sea of unintelligent FPS rehashes.
  88. Apr 23, 2011
    That tagline is ripped straight from a Rock Band set-list - I never played the critically acclaimed 'Portal'. This was my first adventure with the magical portal gun, my first foray into Aperture science. This is my review of the highly anticipated sequel, Portal 2.

Gameplay At it's heart, Portal is a first-person shooter-puzzle hybrid, and the bizarre pairing works perfectly. The game

Gameplay
    At it's heart, Portal is a first-person shooter-puzzle hybrid, and the bizarre pairing works perfectly. The game alternates between two phases. In the first phase, you move from room to room, solving clever puzzles of increasing difficulty with your portal gun while being submitted to GlaDOS' highly sarcastic and hilarious insults. And just when the linear puzzling starts to get old, the game shifts gears into phase 2. During this phase, you break out of the sterile white testing rooms and journey into the darker, rusty innards of the Aperture Science Facility in your bid to escape a lifetime sentence of testing. The puzzles during this phase are more free-form and less rigidly constructed than those in phase 1, making for a welcome change of pace. Over the course of the game (just short of 10 hours for me) the game alternates back and forth between these stages while introducing new mechanics to freshen up the journey - including light bridges, anti-gravity beams, and 3 types of gels with various effects.

Complimenting the clever puzzles is equally as clever writing. The dialogue ranges from delightful to laugh-out-loud funny, helped along by phenomenal voice acting. Between the puzzle action and the witty dialogue, the only dull moments involve you smacking your head against the desk trying to figure out an especially bedeviling puzzle.

Graphics
    Built on Valve's Source Engine, the graphics look good, and fit the tone of the various levels quite well - clean, crisp, and sterile whites and greys when you're testing and GlaDOS is in control; dark, dingy, chaotic when you're trying to escape. The environments are spacious and detailed, giving the player a real sense of the impressive scale of the facility while running around. While not breathtaking in many instances, they're good enough to nicely compliment the story and gameplay.

Sound
    A beautiful ambient soundtrack is found throughout, with equally as pleasing sound effects. The sounds - whether it's the clang of boots on metal, the rubbery 'boing' from stepping on the bouncing gel, the clicks and hisses of pressure building up, the echo of a voice coming over the loudspeaker in a voluminous environment - give Portal 2 the level of polish that has come to be expected from Valve.

Overall
    The combination of these elements made for a game I could barely put down. Wonderfully paced, hilariously written, deliciously challenging, wholly satisfying, and totally different than anything else on the market, Portal 2 is one of the best games I've played in years.

9.5/10
  89. Apr 23, 2011
    This game is pretty fun. It doesn't play like a port. If it is indeed a console port, Valve has done a good job porting it. But I dont think it is. Have not tried coop yet but singleplayer alone seems worth it
  90. Apr 23, 2011
    This game had a great story I just don't like some of the mechanic changes such as,
    -No more crouch jumping.
    -No more portal tunneling.
    -The portal gun cursor no longer shows you what places or portable or not.
  91. Nex
    Apr 23, 2011
    After finishing Portal 2 i felt into this sad-like mood....and believe me, that only happens when i finish something awesome, something over the top....Same thing happened before when i watched last episode of LOST and now with Portal 2...simply amazing game, marvel in todays sea of bad consolitis games...That is all!
  92. Apr 23, 2011
    Amazing game. Portal 2 brings so many ways to have fun. Offline Co-op, Online Co-op, and single player game modes. I have to say, the co-op part of the game makes the game amazing and fun. It is very gratifying to complete a level you worked on with a friend for an extended period of time. Being new to the portal scene, I am completely impressed by what Valve has to offer. At no point hasAmazing game. Portal 2 brings so many ways to have fun. Offline Co-op, Online Co-op, and single player game modes. I have to say, the co-op part of the game makes the game amazing and fun. It is very gratifying to complete a level you worked on with a friend for an extended period of time. Being new to the portal scene, I am completely impressed by what Valve has to offer. At no point has a challenege become frustraitingly hard and they are very enjoyable. The game also has a good sense of humor with the jokes it tells you from start to finish. Overall the game is refreshing, and a venture into a game I normally would not buy. I was plesantly surprised by the amount of fun that can be had from this game. But no game is perfect and now it is time to move into the cons section.

Cons:
    -Graphically, I feel like valve could have done a better job. I know it is a sci-fi futurisitc game, but there were times I caught myself looking at the game thinking how this game could look better in many places. -The game is short. Almost as short as my previous sentence. For a 60$ game, you get about 5-10 hours of play. With the total hours of gameplay for all games going up. I feel like Valve could have included more puzzles. HOWEVER. This can be fixed by valve with a patch, or DLC. in which case would help the game and would get rid of this con all-together. Final Opinion:
    Valve dilivers a very strong entry to the puzzle solving first-person shooter scene. Graphics take away from the game a tiny amount. But never enough to be a deal breaker. The game is fun, and regardless of the graphics when you are having fun who cares? The length of the game is what really hurts it the most, but the saving grace of this game is it's multiplayer content. Multiplayer gives this game just enough replay value to make it somewhat worth the 60$ price tag. With hope being held out for DLC or a patch with new puzzles to solve, this can be a herdle that Valve can overcome. If this does come true, I will raise the score to 9/10. But until then, the game gets rated.....

Final Score:
  93. Apr 23, 2011
    I don't usually bother writing reviews, but I had to write this to counter all those baseless low scores. Notice that most scores after release day or 9 or 10s? This has got to be the best game Valve has put out so far, even if it's short. People complain because Valve made it out to be the best thing since sliced bread, well guess what? Every developer over-hypes their game, it's how youI don't usually bother writing reviews, but I had to write this to counter all those baseless low scores. Notice that most scores after release day or 9 or 10s? This has got to be the best game Valve has put out so far, even if it's short. People complain because Valve made it out to be the best thing since sliced bread, well guess what? Every developer over-hypes their game, it's how you sell. Obviously if you don't enjoy puzzles or Portal 1 you won't like this, that's like hating FPS games and expecting to like Halo of CoD.

If you liked Portal this offers more of the same, with the edition of a story, new areas, improved graphics, and much longer gameplay. It also introduces some new features that make the puzzles more interesting. It's not perfect, despite what Valve and their fanboys make it out to be, but considering it's as long as most FPS games that people pay full price for, it's well worth what Valve asks for (and you can often find it for less).
  94. Apr 23, 2011
    I had to laugh at the "0" score further down. That's a retarded score that just cant be taken seriously. Anyway, simply put Portal 2 was all in all 16.2 hours of gameplay for me. That includes co-op with a friend. But those 16 hours of gameplay are hands down the most entertaining hours Ive had in ANY game for quite a few years. Basically no replayability for my sake, but I went into theI had to laugh at the "0" score further down. That's a retarded score that just cant be taken seriously. Anyway, simply put Portal 2 was all in all 16.2 hours of gameplay for me. That includes co-op with a friend. But those 16 hours of gameplay are hands down the most entertaining hours Ive had in ANY game for quite a few years. Basically no replayability for my sake, but I went into the deal fully aware of this. A spectacular single-player campaign with so much humor and entertainment value. And the co-op was incredibly fun as a one-time playthrough. Good job Valve. I really enjoyed this one. Expand
  95. Apr 23, 2011
    Not going to lie, this is one of the best games I have ever played. Like puzzles? Portal 2 has got you. Awesome story? check. The game retains most of the magic of it's predecessor, and makes it even better. GoTY all the way.
  96. Apr 23, 2011
    The best game I have ever played. Challenging, funny, long, and just plain brilliant. Its a workout for your brain, but if you are up for it, is incredibly rewarding.
  97. Apr 23, 2011
    Awesome story, awesome gameplay, awesome humor, awesome characters, awesome voice over, awesome coop - awesome game. You want to do something good for yourself? Play Portal 2. It is one of the best games I´ve ever played and certainly the funniest one. Now, go and buy it. Otherwise, you´re a moron.
  98. Apr 23, 2011
    Its just one of the best games !
    i liked portal 1 and is just better.
    they did a great work with the new stuff. And the game was complete :) most of the games these times are Launched are not even finished. they did a great work with bringing a little portal 1 back :) The game also has a lot of humor :) And its just great ! 10/10 There will be a lets play soon on my channel
    Its just one of the best games !
    i liked portal 1 and is just better.
    they did a great work with the new stuff.
    they did a great work with bringing a little portal 1 back :)
    The game also has a lot of humor :)
    And its just great ! 10/10
    There will be a lets play soon on my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Itsgamingfriend
  99. Apr 23, 2011
    The game is nothing short of amazing, and all of the kvetching about DLC is completely misguided. People try and use the slippery slope fallacy to justify giving this masterpiece a terrible score, but what they don't grasp is that among game developers, Valve is one of the few big names that is actively attempting to scrabble back up the slope.

1. Pelit (Finland)