Portal 2 PC

9.0

1. Sep 4, 2017
    Complete masterpiece!
    expands first Portal clever and unique mechanics, and manage to get them more complex and twisted
    It is also longer (Portal 1 main complaint) and narrative is amazing
  2. Aug 26, 2017
    Portal 2 is an amazing, well-thought out, hilarious, puzzle game, with not only amazing level design and plot, but great soundtrack, voice acting, and character design to accompany it. A game of thought, precision, and humour, Portal 2 lacks very little compared to the experience it gives. If on metacritic user rating it was possible to give Portal 2 a 9.6, I would do exactly that. PortalPortal 2 is an amazing, well-thought out, hilarious, puzzle game, with not only amazing level design and plot, but great soundtrack, voice acting, and character design to accompany it. A game of thought, precision, and humour, Portal 2 lacks very little compared to the experience it gives. If on metacritic user rating it was possible to give Portal 2 a 9.6, I would do exactly that. Portal 2's only faults are the tiniest of small story holes, and the somewhat inconsistent experience throughout different campaigns. Expand
  3. Aug 23, 2017
    The most beautiful piece of art in the video games history. The graphics, the voice-acting, story are all perfect. It is truly an amazing, beautiful experience.
  4. Aug 21, 2017
    Excellent puzzle game with small funny details that just sets it above other games. If you are not in a hurry to complete the game, just listen to the voice acting and you will have a blast. Even though it has some years on its back it's still a very aesthetic and fun game that still holds.
  5. Aug 7, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 2 is one of the best games I have ever played, and is definitely the best puzzle game of all time. The storyline is perfect, and the unexpected change of good and bad characters revives the game at the end. The game took me 20 hours to complete, so the game is definitely a fun challenge. Expand
  6. Jul 30, 2017
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  7. Jun 29, 2017
    This game is beautiful, very clean level, relaxed gameplay, nice little storyline. Just beautifull! There are not very, very much levels, but you can of course make one yourself, or download some from the Steam workshop. Really enjoy playing Portal 2!
  8. Jun 10, 2017
    Portal 2 is a puzzle fps game made by valve.
    Never played the first portal, so I didn't know what to expect and man was it good
    Portal 2 is a puzzle fps game made by valve.
    The story was fascinating, I was kinda confused at first since I didn't know anything about the lore of the first game but once I got into it, it's incredible, it had a twist I really didn't expect at the end of the first half of the game which got me really invested in what was happening.
    The characters were also fascinating, the two robots GLADOS and Wheatley were funny, had very good dialogue and were entertaining to watch.

The gameplay is simple yet complex, it gives you a "portal gun" were you can teleport in different areas in the room you are in, it starts of easy but they give you quite a variety of puzzles making them challenging and fun.
    I have to point out that portal 2 has one of the strongest endings I've ever seen in a game it's intense, funny and has a great payoff.

I absolutely recommend this game, it's not very long but it's worth every penny...
    Great story, hilarious characters, great voice acting, fantastic soundtrack and one of the best endings I've seen in a video game, this is a game that is destined to be a classic.
  9. Jun 2, 2017
    Everything perfected into one amazing puzzle game like no other.Although it is only 8 hours long, the gameplay is amazing.You get funny dialogue, amusing characters such as Wheatley and GLaDOS,memorable puzzles,awesome mechanics, amazing environments with great graphics and incredible story that will stick with you for decades to come.This game will be a classic that will age well.
  10. May 30, 2017
    So gorgeous an interesting game. I love this with all my soul and heart. The variety of puzzles and the plot were unforgettable. I very much hope that this game will appeal to many people.
  11. May 25, 2017
    It's all been said already, but I wanted to add one thing: this game is aging very well. Great story, wonderful acting, and brilliant puzzle design mean you don't much care about the graphics -- but even if you did, the style is so well suited to the environments in the game. Masterpiece.
  12. May 25, 2017
    Portal 2 is the best game of the world, the puzzles, the gravity, the history, the musics and the final is spectacular. Portal 2 is my favorite game, no doubt.
  13. May 8, 2017
    Portal 2 almost managed to surpass the brilliant prequel Portal. The gameplay, puzzles, shock value, dialogues, humor, basically everything that made Portal so awesome is still here. Add the incrased playing time and a much more complex plot to the mix, and you get another instant classic.
  14. Apr 26, 2017
    1 – GENERAL

1 – GENERAL

Portal 2 is a very funny puzzle platformer that you play in first person perspective. For starters, do not do like me. Despite being a puzzle game, the story behind the game is at least as compelling as the adrenaline rush of solving that new puzzle, and this game is packed full of references to the first game of the franchise. So, save some time if you have never played the first game and go play it, then return here. Leave this review paused in the background.

So the story... yeah, it's awesome. Full of twists, very, very funny. And the voice acting? Probably the best I've seen in a game. I admit I was always waiting for the lines from some of the characters, and sometimes I would just stop playing just to listen to all of it.

The game is not young and it runs in a even older engine, but the visuals are still sharp. You can spot bad textures here and there, and probably nothing shines from today's standards but you will have the general feeling of quality, and the game has no reasons to be ashamed.

2 – GAMEPLAY

How do you play this? You have a portal gun that... shoots portals. It sounds strange but it's quite clever actually, and after the first 2 or 3 puzzles you can handle the mechanics perfectly. Valve introduces new mechanics regularly, like bouncing gel, or speed gel, or cubes or lasers. It's a very intelligent way of keeping the game fresh and interesting. You never feel overwhelmed with mechanics since you will learn them one at a time.

All the levels are very fair. You can start by looking to a chamber and thinking that there's no way you can solve that puzzle, but then you start to do something, and gradually the solution will come, and that's very rewarding. I admit I've never got that feeling of being intelligent but the opposite. Most likely I ended up thinking that the solution was very simple, it was just hidden in plain sight. And that's another positive aspect of the game.

You have a co-op mode where you can play with other player to solve problems with the double of the portals. I've never could progress much in that mode since all the players logged of one or two puzzles after starting.

But the campaign alone is enough to buy this game, and you will still have tons of fun, even considering that the replay value is not high, at least for me.

3 – CONCLUSION

This game totally worth the pricetag. You have story, narrative, gameplay, co-op, sci-fi, puzzles and very fun moments in the same game. This is probably one of the best games I've ever played, and ofc I recommend it!
  15. Apr 10, 2017
    This is how you make a sequel. While the original was amazing, this game blows it out of the water in almost any category. The story is better, the characters are better, the comedy is better, the puzzles are better, the graphics are better (they look really good seeing as this was still made using the source engine). You owe it to yourself to play this.
  16. Mar 18, 2017
    A worthy sequel to the original, expanding upon it both in gameplay and story. It also features a multiplayer component for those who wanted to see multiplayer. This is not only one of the best puzzle games, it's one of best video games ever, I'll do my best to list why.

Pros: - Great storyline - Smooth gameplay and improves upon the original greatly - The music, particularly at the

Pros:
    - Great storyline
    - Smooth gameplay and improves upon the original greatly
    - The music, particularly at the end, is awesome
    - Puzzles have a great amount of variety, making each level build upon what you learned from previous ones, and each piece of variety is interesting and fun
    - Puzzles are challenging, yet not too difficult
    - Voice acting is awesome
    - Characters are awesome, in depth, and dynamic
    - Short loading times
    - Good graphics, not amazing, but definitely good
    - Plenty of sarcasm in GLaDOS's dialogue

Cons:
    - Dissimilar to the original game, its humor is rather shoved in your face, rather than offered as background commentary, making it feel rather forced.
    - Replay value is rather low, unless you're interested in completing challenges, there isn't a huge reason to go back and complete the same puzzles again.

With so few cons, it is easy to say this is one of the best games I've ever played
  17. Mar 3, 2017
    Одна из моих любимейших игр!

Если говорить честно, я не особо люблю первый Портал -- он короткий, он "куцый", он выглядит как самопальная поделка, коей и является. Вторая часть этого недостатка лишена -- тут и полноценная сюжетная линия, и постановка, и две важных вещи, которые по настоящему ставят Портал 2 выше первой части. Первая -- кооператив. Кооперативная кампания вышла в плане
    Одна из моих любимейших игр!

Первая -- кооператив. Кооперативная кампания вышла в плане "задачек" однозначно лучше основной сюжетной линии, но что куда важней -- путем нехитрых манипуляций, HDMI кабеля и большого телевизора я смог поиграть в Портал2 с одного пк лежа перед дивана вместе со своим другом. И это прекрасно, подобных игр очень не хватает.

Вторая -- редактор карт и кастомные уровни. Одна из главных проблем первой части, из-за чего я ее никому не советую покупать не в бандле со 2, это малая продолжительность. Пара часов и финал. Вторая часть не особо далеко ушла от этого, но в ней есть кооп и уже упомянутый редактор. Карт море, есть по настоящему шикарные, плюс можно сделать и свои(чем я и буду заниматься дальше).

В остальном -- неплохой сюжет и грустная концовка(все как я люблю, печальная лавстори), "мягкий" геймплей, фирменный юмор гледос и красивая графика.
    Покупать -- 100%, можно даже в бандле с первой.

Недостатков нет. 10из10
  18. Feb 23, 2017
    Didn't finish the game. Yeah, the plot is not so bad, the voice acting and dialogues are nearly perfect. That ball robot is a real charachter and a personality. I thaught it Was Chris Martin from Coldplay who gave him his voice all the time I was playing)
    But as I've already said, I didn't finish the game, cause for me it became really boring and grey. The second part of the came is a total crap, cheap and very cliche. I don't want to be very subjective, but it's just not what I've expected from the sequel of a game I find on of the most innovative and original.
  19. Dec 30, 2016
    Exciting puzzles, a psychotic AI, and a dark, twisted story that holds many secrets are three elements that valve exceeded in. It's simply a masterpiece as it both extends and improves on Portal 1 by adding more life and humour to the game, which all in all give the player a blast of a time. Worth every cent.
  20. Dec 18, 2016
    I love Portal 2 with one simple thing the game forces you to think of this is so great is not an easy puzzle sometimes you have to think very long time to solve the puzzle for such simple mechanics which is based on one tool is great
  21. Nov 27, 2016
    Прекрасная одиночная игра, забавные диалоги, красивая графика, интересный геймплей... Кампания удалась на славу. Но ко-оп - это нечто. Где вы ещё с другом сможете пораскинуть мозгами вместе, что бы решит задачку? "Ты стреляй туда, а потом туда, готов?". Главное, что это реально интересно. А подкрепляют интерес достижения, которые я не могу не отметить, хотя они и не для всех важны.Прекрасная одиночная игра, забавные диалоги, красивая графика, интересный геймплей... Кампания удалась на славу. Но ко-оп - это нечто. Где вы ещё с другом сможете пораскинуть мозгами вместе, что бы решит задачку? "Ты стреляй туда, а потом туда, готов?". Главное, что это реально интересно. А подкрепляют интерес достижения, которые я не могу не отметить, хотя они и не для всех важны. Ачивменты интересны и даже если нужно второй раз что-то пройти, то это не напрягает, а только подкрепляет интерес.
    Вообщем получилась отличная одиночка и идеальный ко-оп.
  22. Aug 9, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GLaDOS: "Well, this is the part where he kills us."
    Wheatley: "Hello! This is the part where I kill you."
    CHAPTER 9: THE PART WHERE HE KILLS YOU.
    Achievement: The part where kills you.
    Song starts playing called "The part where he kills you"
  23. Aug 6, 2016
    There are only 2 perfect games out of the 157 that I have played. Portal 2 is one of them. This game is absolutely legendary. It is flawless. It is a classic of our time. It is the best puzzle game ever made. It is the best story/adventure game ever made. It comes from the best games company there has ever been. Even the lore behind the game is fascinating. My favorite game? No, butThere are only 2 perfect games out of the 157 that I have played. Portal 2 is one of them. This game is absolutely legendary. It is flawless. It is a classic of our time. It is the best puzzle game ever made. It is the best story/adventure game ever made. It comes from the best games company there has ever been. Even the lore behind the game is fascinating. My favorite game? No, but almost. This game is simply perfect. Expand
  24. Jul 9, 2016
    Portal 2, the successor of Portal.

If you are coming from a non-portal experience background in which you never played the first one. I recommend playing the first one and then play the second one or else you will be lost in the storyline. But if you pick up Portal 2 just for the co-op then you won't be lost at all since you play different characters. In total the game can be beaten
    Portal 2, the successor of Portal.

In total the game can be beaten in 6.4 hours (maybe around 10 hours if you want to get all the co-op achievements), that's with all the challenging chambers. If you need a cheap single player/co-op game to play solo or with a friend but still need something addictive to play, Portal 2 is a must have game to buy.

The cake is a lie!

PS I feel like GLaDOS and Wheatley make a great couple. Maybe in Portal 3 they get married?
  25. Jul 7, 2016
    A very fun game, with some great performance by Wheatley, but the story was a tremendous disappointment. Nothing is ever explained. Why did Carolyn turn evil? What caused the apocalypse? Why was Chell in stasis?
  26. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 7
    Story : 7
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 8
  27. Jul 1, 2016
    + More variety in puzzles, like the bouncy gel etc
    + Funny dialogue
    + Great backstory, mostly told through voice recordings
    + Co Op mode
    + Another great ending song
  28. Jun 25, 2016
    This game is amazing (best game from Valve, even better than Half Life 2), graphics in this game is good and I think this game one of the best game of 2011, but The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Batman Arkham City and Sonic Generations are better . Portal 2 is very atmospheric game . Amazing Game, Masterpiece .
  29. Jun 17, 2016
    Portal 1 left a very good taste in my mouth, while it was short, the polished portal mechanics combined with the creative puzzles made the experience replayable and worth my money. So i was really looking forward to play Portal 2. And at last, a few weeks ago i managed to buy the sequel and i played it all week until i beat it 7 hours in, and honestly, the wait was worth it.

STORY:

STORY: While in the first game it seems you managed to escape the laboratories, in this one you start in a room that seems normal, until a tiny, spherical, robot appears and gets you out of there (destroying everything in the process). He guides you to the old Glados room in where he **** up and brings the old robotic entities back to life. Then she puts you through more test chambers and the adventure starts.

PRESENTATION: Just like the first game, Portal 2 has a very clean look. The color white is all over the place, but because it's been a long time and everything is destroyed, now we have more vegetables and darker zones, which translates to a more varied color pallet. The environments this time around are not just white testing rooms, but rather a more destroyed, old factories and caves that help the atmosphere and immersion a lot more. The frame rate rarely stutters in my case, but even with a powerless PC the options given to you to configure the graphics, resolution, etc, will definitely allow you to get a smooth experience.

There's still anything in terms of music except for the theme song, but for a game like portal, which is all about atmosphere and ambience, i feel like it doesn't need it. Unlike other games. While in the sound department, i forgot to mention in the Portal 1 review that the voice acting for glados was hilarious and the creepy and atmospheric sounds of the game definitely enhance the experience, and i'm happy to say that the sequel follow suit. The hilarious dialog is still there and the sound design still provides more emersion.

GAMEPLAY: Portal 2 is still and FPS with portal mechanics that are used very well in creative puzzles.

You still use the clicky things in your mouse to shoot a blue and orange portal, plus now you can do a little zoom on things to examine the puzzles and distance a lot better, though i really used it, when it came in handy it really became in handy. You can still pick up things and interact with objects via the E button, and movement is still through the W,A,S and D keys.

The basic mechanics remain the same, but now we have a lot more things to use in puzzles. Mid-way through the game we are introduced to the fluids, this things do all sorts of need things like make you bounce (with the blue one), go faster with the orange one) and if a zone doesn't have any place to shoot portals, the white one will allow you to do that.

On top of that we also have things like gravity defying laser thing that pushes you forward on a certain direction, and it can also be reversed so it drags you towards it. There's also an energy barrier to block attacks and a mechanism that launches you in whatever directions is facing. The typical switches to press are still here and the turret is also back (and i forgot to mention it in the Portal 1 review). With this new features and creative thinking, you get amazing puzzles to solve, while the first game had some very unique puzzles, this...this blows everything out of the water. I can't describe how good the puzzles are, you just have to try it by yourself, they require a lot of thinking, switching things, analisis of the environments and tools at your disposal to approach react and resolve all the situations that the game throws at you. In the first game the puzzles focused on physics and the laws of motion, in here the puzzles don't use that quite as much, but everything else makes up for it.

I won't spoil it, but the final boss also uses the mechanics a lot better than the Glados fight from the first game, although it should be said that it's actually the only boss of the game, but i don't think that more would've added anything to the experience.

Ever since i played Portal 1 i've been looking forward to Portal 2 and the wait was totally worth it. I haven't even mentioned that you can create your own maps or that there's also co-op multiplayer, since i haven't played this modes i can't say much about, but the regular single player is something that you should play right here, right now. Please go on and buy this game, it's very cheap and it will be worth every cent you spend on it.

I'll give it a 9/10.
  30. Jun 9, 2016
    Not as good as the original. Puzzles were too easy and cuing was too obvious. Multiplayer was amazing but way too short. Also, Wheatley is freaking annoying.

It is still a beautiful and worth playing experience by Valve.

1. Pelit (Finland)