Portal 2 PC

9.0

1. Aug 10, 2011
    I just bought this game a few days ago. I haven't beaten it yet (I know its short), but so far it has won me over. This game, like the first, has such a charm to it that your left flabbergasted at how well put together it is. From the graphics to the voice acting, to the story line and the way its put together to the puzzles. I know I will end up spending hours upon end on this game,I just bought this game a few days ago. I haven't beaten it yet (I know its short), but so far it has won me over. This game, like the first, has such a charm to it that your left flabbergasted at how well put together it is. From the graphics to the voice acting, to the story line and the way its put together to the puzzles. I know I will end up spending hours upon end on this game, probably not only with the main storyline, but also with custom content and MP. Thank you valve, you actually managed to create a game with a proper sense of humor (the reds apparently didn't "get it"). I don't mind that it's short, aslong as those hours spent completing the game are spent with a big-ass smile on my face I am good. With this game I am smiling after I shut it down for the night. Expand
  2. Apr 22, 2012
    I've never been a puzzle games fun but i can say i regretted not buying it sooner, anyway as the previous Portal this game will reveal a lot of secrets hidden inside Aperture, be ready to more puzzles then you imagine !
    Also you will enjoy the amazing storyline while doing science !
  3. Jul 19, 2013
    One of the best games ever made, certainly one of the best from the modern gaming era. Amazing ambiance, hilarious and sometimes deep/touching story. It has some good puzzles, but I feel like overall its an interactive story leaning more into the adventure genre.

Portal 2 offers a lot of playtime with some replayability. Its a game you'll love and the quotes will get stuck in your head.

It may be a little too smart or not pretentious enough for some people. I'm not really sure why anyone would give this game a negative review, except to arbitrarily counter all the positive ones.
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is a worthy successor to the original. Sure the original had 1/10th the content and was basically bundled in with TF2 and HL2:Ep2 so you had a bunch of people thinking they got it for "free" and so they rated those 90 mins - 3 hrs as being amazing because they cost $5. Portal 2 is worth the full retail price. I pre-ordered it on Steam, got home from work today and played it for 6Portal 2 is a worthy successor to the original. Sure the original had 1/10th the content and was basically bundled in with TF2 and HL2:Ep2 so you had a bunch of people thinking they got it for "free" and so they rated those 90 mins - 3 hrs as being amazing because they cost $5. Portal 2 is worth the full retail price. I pre-ordered it on Steam, got home from work today and played it for 6 hrs and still haven't finished the SP campaign but i'm well into it enough to say that it is a definite 9/10. Same great dialogue, character development, tantalising hints of a greater and much more epic story that links Aperture Science to the Half Life canon, without being too familiar. If anything this was it's biggest threat, being so familiar that people playing Portal 1 community maps would find Portal 2 disinteresting, but I personally found it refreshing at times and also very much like I was returning home at others. If you liked the Portal Universe you glimpsed previously, then you will definitely enjoy this. Steam version is the best version as always. Ignore the /v/ trolls. Runs flawlessly at 1920x1080 in vista on my q9450/260gtx. Great stuff GabeN. Cue 'jazz music' as this level is quite a challenge. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    Pay no attention to the negative reviews, this is still a fantastic, funny, mind-bending experience that will go down in history. It takes all the good things about the first, and multiplies them, and also adds a handful of innovations. Game of The Year so far
  6. Apr 23, 2013
    Excellent SP story! Now.... Portal 2 is worthy, but overly simplistic due to also being available on consoles that use analogue controls. Hey, at least we have the steam workshop so we don't have to deal with the simple console based level design anymore. If you want a more challenging experience look to the portal 2 workshop on steam.
  7. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow, what an amazing game. And I thought that no sequel could surpass the first game. Valve really took what they had and mastered it to perfection. Portal 2 is extremely funny thanks to its great sarcastic humour, the puzzles are as always lots of fun and quite challenging (not challenging enough to annoy you and take forever to solve) and now there is even a co-op option, so one canWow, what an amazing game. And I thought that no sequel could surpass the first game. Valve really took what they had and mastered it to perfection. Portal 2 is extremely funny thanks to its great sarcastic humour, the puzzles are as always lots of fun and quite challenging (not challenging enough to annoy you and take forever to solve) and now there is even a co-op option, so one can experience this awesome game with a buddy. The player made levels are also a nice touch, providing basically unlimited content. If I were to compare this to the first Portal, the gameplay pretty much stayed the same, there are just a couple new gadgets to work with while solving puzzles. The story is now much longer though, so you're unlikely to finish it in one sitting. Graphics have also improved quite a bit, even though I think that it's running on the same engine.

If you're not sure whether you should buy this, stop thinking and just do it, there is a 99% change that you will enjoy this more than whatever else you were planning on getting instead, I also recommend playing the first thing beforehand, if you haven't already done so, it should be no more than a couple euro on steam. Overall I'd give this game a 9, but a perfect score for GLaDOS.
  8. Dec 10, 2011
    One word: Kicka*s. Valve did good. REAL good.
  9. Aug 18, 2013
    I'm not a big Valve fan, but Portal 2 is much better and than their other games. You have to go trough the first set of puzzles, then the story takes a big turn. The writing is smart, the gameplay feels very polished. The environments are mindblowing. And finally, it has a decent ending!
  10. May 25, 2017
    It's all been said already, but I wanted to add one thing: this game is aging very well. Great story, wonderful acting, and brilliant puzzle design mean you don't much care about the graphics -- but even if you did, the style is so well suited to the environments in the game. Masterpiece.
  11. May 8, 2017
    Portal 2 almost managed to surpass the brilliant prequel Portal. The gameplay, puzzles, shock value, dialogues, humor, basically everything that made Portal so awesome is still here. Add the incrased playing time and a much more complex plot to the mix, and you get another instant classic.
  12. gas
    Aug 6, 2012
    Really a great game, one of the best games ever made in my opinion.
    Single player is great, ofc you must like puzzles to like the game, anyway the co op in my opinion is absolutely the best part, i dont remember other multiplayer games where i had more fun then this one.
    A must buy title.
  13. Sep 6, 2011
    While improving on the length of the original game was not that difficult it also managed fairly well on producing more imaginative puzzles although this was expected. It is simply a game that did what i expected, it added more humour, became longer, had new and better puzzles, improved on the dialogue and graphics and was once again very fun as the original was but unlike the original itWhile improving on the length of the original game was not that difficult it also managed fairly well on producing more imaginative puzzles although this was expected. It is simply a game that did what i expected, it added more humour, became longer, had new and better puzzles, improved on the dialogue and graphics and was once again very fun as the original was but unlike the original it did nothing revolutionary. 8.5/10. Expand
  14. Jul 4, 2011
    Portal 2 is an EXCELLENT GAME.... It starts off where portal 1 ended and the graphics are a slight improvement the game itself runs smooth, I have NOT had a single issue so far with 10 hours of game play. For those who gave this game a bad review shame on you, your style sucks anyway.
  15. May 21, 2012
    This is Portal plus a 1000 awesomes. Stephen Merchant is super funny as Wheatley and made me cry in laughter quite a bit. GLaDOS is as funny as ever and there are some great ideas thrown into this sequel. The story is pristine and the 7 to 8 hours you spend playing the story make up for the price. The game has replay-ability for sure and the puzzles like the first aren't to easy but not toThis is Portal plus a 1000 awesomes. Stephen Merchant is super funny as Wheatley and made me cry in laughter quite a bit. GLaDOS is as funny as ever and there are some great ideas thrown into this sequel. The story is pristine and the 7 to 8 hours you spend playing the story make up for the price. The game has replay-ability for sure and the puzzles like the first aren't to easy but not to hard either.
    MUST BUY!
  16. Feb 25, 2015
    Imagine taking one of the best games ever made, and making it 3x as good. That is what they did with Portal 2. Portal 2 does everything Portal did right, and then some. I mean look at it, its the highest rated game on Steam!
  17. Dec 24, 2015
    Hell, you don't need me to recommend you this game. Go play it! Go. Play. It. GO PLAY IT! Seriously, especially if you have a friend for 2 players local coop you should already be playing it. Unless you already completed it. Then go get Steam Workshop maps.
  18. Mar 16, 2016
    dsafadfassdsfdasfasdfsadfsdafsaddfsadsasaddfdafdsadsfsfdaadsffdsadsafdsaffdsaadsfsafddsfadsfadsffdfdsafdsaafddfsadfsadsafdfsadsdsfadfsafddfsafadsfdsadfsadsf
  19. Apr 23, 2011
    There is nothing more that I can ask from a single player video game then "Let me enjoy the single player experience. Valve literally did nothing wrong with this game. This game is underrated. it should have 100.
  20. Nov 1, 2011
    Agree @ Vescosein completely. I can't say enough how much i appreciate Valve for their innovative creativity and fair pricing system in a world of the gimmies and scam oriented marketing Valve is truly a breath of fresh air paired with unique products that stand the test of time. Thank You Valve for being my friend=] oh ya and i only just started playing Portal 2 but i already know itAgree @ Vescosein completely. I can't say enough how much i appreciate Valve for their innovative creativity and fair pricing system in a world of the gimmies and scam oriented marketing Valve is truly a breath of fresh air paired with unique products that stand the test of time. Thank You Valve for being my friend=] oh ya and i only just started playing Portal 2 but i already know it deserves every bit of the 10 i'm giving it! Expand
  21. May 19, 2012
    The story is fun and humorous, the puzzles range from simplistic to diabolical, the characters are well fleshed-out, and the gameplay is absolutely engaging. A must-have.
  22. Oct 3, 2012
    A really nice sequel to Portal. Much better graphics and gameplay. Valve took the brilliance of Portal and turned it into a full-blown title. Unlike Portal 1, where you could spawn NPCs and weapons from Halflife 2 using the command console, Portal 2 is using the newer source engine.

The graphics are brilliant, the shading and physics were things that attracted me to get this. Good

Good game, worth it definetely!
  23. Nov 28, 2011
    most the people who are voting this game down are saying the following in fancier terms "ITS A PUZZLE GAME, YOU DONT SHOOT ANYTHING, ITS STUPID, HURR DURR" Guess what folks, they have COD AIDS! IF YOU DONT LIKE A PUZZLE GAME, DONT, BUY, A, PUZZLE GAME, but guess what, this game is more of an adventure game than it is a puzzle game, the expierience that you will have when you play throughmost the people who are voting this game down are saying the following in fancier terms "ITS A PUZZLE GAME, YOU DONT SHOOT ANYTHING, ITS STUPID, HURR DURR" Guess what folks, they have COD AIDS! IF YOU DONT LIKE A PUZZLE GAME, DONT, BUY, A, PUZZLE GAME, but guess what, this game is more of an adventure game than it is a puzzle game, the expierience that you will have when you play through this will be one that you will never forget because its that awesome. I had a friend say "Portal is stupid because it makes you feel smart" well guess what, all games are supposed to make you feel somthing, so that argument is irrelevent. Expand
  24. Apr 19, 2011
    the people saying its only 2-5 hrs long have obv not played the game...the game is about 12 hrs single player and 10 hrs co op, so they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. This is easily valves best game so far and it deserves a 9 and above....from the hilariously well written dialogue, to the awesome puzzles only console gamers cant figure out, to cross platform betweenthe people saying its only 2-5 hrs long have obv not played the game...the game is about 12 hrs single player and 10 hrs co op, so they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. This is easily valves best game so far and it deserves a 9 and above....from the hilariously well written dialogue, to the awesome puzzles only console gamers cant figure out, to cross platform between the ps3 and pc, this game is marvelous. The people complaining about the potato sack sale are complete retards. you weren't forced to buy anything and the game was not delayed in any matter. So for you to be complaining for a company to do marketing, then you have some serious issues. Also, if you actually did the potato sack buy, you were rewarded, with a golden potato and the complete vale collection including PORTAL 2, so seriously, go whine somewhere else. Valve did this to support indie developers and its a shame to see the pc gaming community behave like Microsoft in this regard and not help out with what valve did. Its a sad day in pc gaming. I, however, will continue to support Valve in every single game. They have not disappointed me ever. Expand
  25. Oct 3, 2011
    Well seeing as there are already plenty of review on this game i'll be short and quick. This game is fantastic. The puzzles are hair pullers and when you figure them out you make yourself feel like your the dumbest person on the planet. Glados is back with her sarcastic and black humor. Wheatley is a great addition too, Stephen Merchant does a fantastic job on voice work. Though for me theWell seeing as there are already plenty of review on this game i'll be short and quick. This game is fantastic. The puzzles are hair pullers and when you figure them out you make yourself feel like your the dumbest person on the planet. Glados is back with her sarcastic and black humor. Wheatley is a great addition too, Stephen Merchant does a fantastic job on voice work. Though for me the character that shined was Cave Johnson's voice over. I was laughing so hard nearly every time a work came out his mouth. My only problem, is that there is really no replay value when finished. A puzzle is only good once. 9/10 Expand
  26. May 20, 2013
    Great game, recommended for anyone. Funny characters, simple yet interesting storyline, highly atmospheric environment. The puzzles mess with your head at first, but as the game progresses, you just start using portals as naturally as walking. Only downside is this game is not very replayable, by its nature. I'd replay the heck out of it otherwise.
  27. Jun 7, 2013
    Portal 2 does the impossible. It makes an already perfect game even more so. The graphics and enviormental art are much more interesting than it's predicessor and adds another humurously dark plot with even more characters. The plot has been expanded to make this a full game unlike portal 1. Better yet there is a co-op mode with a whole slew of maps that are great with friends. And thePortal 2 does the impossible. It makes an already perfect game even more so. The graphics and enviormental art are much more interesting than it's predicessor and adds another humurously dark plot with even more characters. The plot has been expanded to make this a full game unlike portal 1. Better yet there is a co-op mode with a whole slew of maps that are great with friends. And the best part of this game is there are easy map editing tools with the steam workshop, so even when you complete the lengthy single-player and co-op campaigns, you will be given infinite amount of replayability. Defenitly worth the $20 bucks and 150+ hours Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2016
    If I had to summarize Portal 2 in one word, it would be intelligent. From its creative level design, expanding massively on the first Portal, as well as challenging but rewarding puzzles, Portal 2 is an absolute blast to play from start to finish.

Some of the most hilarious voice acting I've ever heard just adds to a heart-felt and just outright brilliant game.
  29. Apr 19, 2011
    I noticed something reading the reviews: almost every negative review (or negative portion of a review) was just typical PC gamers being whiny and entitled, and almost none of them talk about the game itself. I don't know about you but when I am getting a sequel to one of the greatest games of all time, I don't want too much change. If it aint broke, don't fix it, especially when it can beI noticed something reading the reviews: almost every negative review (or negative portion of a review) was just typical PC gamers being whiny and entitled, and almost none of them talk about the game itself. I don't know about you but when I am getting a sequel to one of the greatest games of all time, I don't want too much change. If it aint broke, don't fix it, especially when it can be easily ruined... Otherwise this game was AMAZING and if you don't buy it you have no soul. Expand
  30. Aug 27, 2011
    Portal 2 is just flat out fun. The single player is short (about 6-7 hours worth of play time) and isn't as challenging as Portal but it's much more creative and a joy to play. Co-op is incredibly fun and really is the best part about the game.

The only flaws that I can find (and it's a nit pick anyway) are that like the first it is decidedly linear (but the environments are much more open and you don't feel as cramped) and that some of the solutions to the scripted events feel a little overly convenient.

This is a top notch title that's simply fun to play.
  31. Jul 30, 2011
    Genuine and a great successor to its predecessor. Definitely lived up to the hype although I still consider it short and may not be a fair trade, price-wise. Despite that, it was creative, intriguing, and ultimately satisfying.
  32. Nov 4, 2015
    Portal 2 is the sequel to the great puzzle game, that improves on portal in many different ways and is as fun and unique as the original was, and should be played and experienced by all.
  33. Oct 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Obra maestra, brillante, increíble... Sin adjetivos. Los niveles, el ambiente, la historia... Todo conjunta un juego del cual no podrás parar hasta descubrir, que el pastel es una mentira. Expand
  34. Jun 8, 2011
    A great game, certainly one of the best games ever made up till now. The fun factor is high, lots of humor, supreme art direction, great music, movie-like storyline, great graphics and sound. Another Valvian masterpiece indeed.
  35. Nov 25, 2011
    I hardly ever rate games a 10, but when a game successfully mixes comedy, physics, storytelling, puzzles, and graphics, 10 almost doesn't seem to be enough. I was skeptical about the fact that a sequel was being released, but I had nothing to worry about all along. This series will forever be an icon in the gaming community.
  36. Jul 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The negative reviews of this game are obviously by the fact that Valve added a store like the Mann Co. Store (TF2) into Portal 2. But the items that you buy here are only skins or taunts. However, the singleplayer has a GREAT plot, the best finale in the world, and the multiplayer it's funny to play. Best Game of 2011. Expand
  37. Sep 16, 2011
    I actually cried at the end of Portal 2. No, really. I did. I CRIED BUCKETS. Portal 2's ending was so happy. Yet, so sad. We hope this isn't the end of Portal. I'm sure that the 2000+ of us that gave Portal 2 a positive review would agree. Portal 2 is the best game I've played in my short, sad life yet. It passes Half-Life (not by much, though) It certainly passes ricochet. By miles.
  38. May 18, 2012
    Probably will be hailed as one of the most greatest puzzle game, Portal 2 is a breakthrough for the genre. The new features (such as the gels) and coop mode, upgrade the game to a whole new. Breakthrough within a breakthrough, Portal 2 will be remembered for years to come.
  39. Dec 19, 2014
    Pure amazing masterpiece. Make sure that you play this before you die, because it is perfectly amazing. I'm not even overreacting, IT IS THAT GOOD. The story, the characters, the humour are all amazing. The only thing that they lied about is cake
  40. May 14, 2011
    How long Valve will create games using 7 years old source engine ? High price for an old looking game and shameless console port, is nothing more than a joke.
  41. Aug 11, 2012
    This game is really good if you get it on sale on Steam. I wouldn't suggest getting it at full price because the game simply isn't long enough. It is much longer than Portal. The first time playing through will take probably around 5 hours on average.
  42. Mar 9, 2013
    This is a fantastic game and way better than the first one in most cases. First of all the game now has a story! And not just any story a pretty good one. And yea there was a bit story in the end of the first game, but in the start it wasn't really anything but test solving. Speaking about the tests they've also become way more interesting and challenging than in the first game. There haveThis is a fantastic game and way better than the first one in most cases. First of all the game now has a story! And not just any story a pretty good one. And yea there was a bit story in the end of the first game, but in the start it wasn't really anything but test solving. Speaking about the tests they've also become way more interesting and challenging than in the first game. There have been added lots of new things to make the game more interesting like gels and lasers. Besides that the game also has a co-op mode, which is extremely fun to play with your freinds, especially when you're just trolling each other. And lastly the "jokes" or rather insults that GlaDos come up with are so much fun in this game and really adds the missing component to make this one of the best games ever. Expand
  43. Dec 8, 2012
    This is a great game, valve certainly doesn't disappoint. This sequel introduces a whole LOT of more gameplay elements like light bridges, tractor beams, lasers, 3 types of gels etc.

Overall, I give this game a 9.5 for the single player. I take off half a point because the single player campaign feels too scripted. I don't remember the original being this scripted. They literally tell you exactly where to put the portals to solve the puzzles. The rest of it is great: Glados is her usual awesome self :) and it feels like there is much more story this time around. I also liked the different environments, some of which are quite retro and reminded me of Fallout. I got it at 75% off on steam. I feel like i'm practically stealing the game at that price.

The game also has a great level editor and zillions of community built maps to keep you busy for practically forever.
  44. Apr 24, 2011
    This game is amazing, a masterpiece if I ever played one. The music is superb, great story, and fun characters and classic lines. It's been a long time since I played a game as engaging as this. If i had a gripe, I can't say it lasted more then 20 hours so far doing multiplayer and singleplayer missions, I know the SDK is coming down the line soon, so we'll be seeing an influx of userThis game is amazing, a masterpiece if I ever played one. The music is superb, great story, and fun characters and classic lines. It's been a long time since I played a game as engaging as this. If i had a gripe, I can't say it lasted more then 20 hours so far doing multiplayer and singleplayer missions, I know the SDK is coming down the line soon, so we'll be seeing an influx of user generated maps soon. I still feel like I got my monies worth, Portal 2 was designed so well, I felt it was still a very satisfying experience. Expand
  45. Jul 22, 2012
    Obviously a 10/10. Tied with Skyrim for GOTY in my opinion. The story is amazing. The voice acting is amazing. The game also runs a bit smoother and seems a fair bit more polished than the original. And after you finish the game, co-op awaits you and a friend. Co-op is not just some tacked-on BS. It can stand up on its own. I got stuck a few times but I never had to cheat. OverallObviously a 10/10. Tied with Skyrim for GOTY in my opinion. The story is amazing. The voice acting is amazing. The game also runs a bit smoother and seems a fair bit more polished than the original. And after you finish the game, co-op awaits you and a friend. Co-op is not just some tacked-on BS. It can stand up on its own. I got stuck a few times but I never had to cheat. Overall I could not have asked for more. I'd give it 11/10 if I could. Expand
  46. Jul 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant! Love the Story, Love the Ending, Love the Gameplay. The only thing I don't like are a couple of the Characters (I didn't really like Cave Johnson very much) but apart from that it's the best Game I've ever Played. Portal 2 also comes with an amazing Co-op Feature which makes the Game even better! Everybody should play this amazing Game Expand
  47. May 23, 2012
    Having never played the first Portal game, I played the first few levels of Portal 2 only for me to go back to the first Portal game and then finish Portal 2. I loved every step of the game and look forward to a possible Portal 3!
  48. Jul 28, 2014
    By any measure, a great game.

I finished it, and enjoyed it.

But, it's a 9 and not a 10, because it failed to live up to the example set by Portal 1.

Bottom line: a fun game, that is exceptionally well put together, but, unlike Portal 1, you won't be talking about it with your friends for years.
  49. Nov 8, 2013
    Portal 2 is a true masterpiece.The Science-Fiction atmosphere and the logical puzzles are two ingredients that makes the game greater than everything...absolutely awesome.I honestly can say that Portal 2 is the best Valve game.I really like it and I recommend it
  50. BMF
    Apr 21, 2011
    All the people who gave negative reviews dont know what they are talking about. With portal 2 Valve showed they are still the number one gaming company on the planet and I cant wait to see what Half Life 3 and source engine 2 will bring to the table. Portal 2 shows that puzzle games can also be story driven epics with highly detailed environments and characters that you wish you could meetAll the people who gave negative reviews dont know what they are talking about. With portal 2 Valve showed they are still the number one gaming company on the planet and I cant wait to see what Half Life 3 and source engine 2 will bring to the table. Portal 2 shows that puzzle games can also be story driven epics with highly detailed environments and characters that you wish you could meet in real life. Coop and single player combined took around 13 hours to complete and I will definitely be jumping back in game for more. Expand
  51. Apr 23, 2011
    I completed the single player mode and it has left me awed in amazement how I have really enjoyed the game so much. You think it's just Portal with more maps? No!! It's more than that ! Portal 2 has brought more refreshing puzzles and an amazing storyline with major twists. Valve really done it again!
  52. Feb 20, 2012
    After playing the original, this felt kind of redundant. They didn't really introduce much new stuff - the 1st Portal was throwing new ideas on solving puzzles at you all the time, but I think they ran out. I guess you can only do so much with portals. The gel was kind of a neat idea and did serve for some slightly creative thinking - but the experience felt a little too tightened, andAfter playing the original, this felt kind of redundant. They didn't really introduce much new stuff - the 1st Portal was throwing new ideas on solving puzzles at you all the time, but I think they ran out. I guess you can only do so much with portals. The gel was kind of a neat idea and did serve for some slightly creative thinking - but the experience felt a little too tightened, and never did I find myself stumped or challenged on any of the puzzles. Most of them were at most .. tedious. Pretty cool game overall. I enjoyed the commentary from Cave Johnson, the mix of humor and the new music was VERY nice. It was fun solving puzzles with my friend, and especially fun throwing him into pits, crushing him, and killing him in every other imaginable manner possible. Ohhh the joy of backstabbing.. dirty blue robot. Expand
  53. Jan 13, 2013
    Next to Team Fortress 2, this is the best Valve game ever made. It was worth the money I spent. The game has beautiful arts, the controls fit nicely, and the game itself is determined to blow you away completely. The game features a multiplayer game mode where you can actually test your intelligence with your friends and solve puzzles together. Portal is underrated, and deserves more thanNext to Team Fortress 2, this is the best Valve game ever made. It was worth the money I spent. The game has beautiful arts, the controls fit nicely, and the game itself is determined to blow you away completely. The game features a multiplayer game mode where you can actually test your intelligence with your friends and solve puzzles together. Portal is underrated, and deserves more than it bargains for. Portal is good for anyone of any age. Solve these masterpieces of puzzles, work together with friends, and own the generation of robotics and a "small" lab procedure (no pun intended). Highly recommended to anyone of any age, of any kind. Expand
  54. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  55. Apr 20, 2011
    A brilliant, mind-bending puzzler that improves upon the original in every way. Full of brilliant puzzles, lots of personality & hilarious writing. The co-op is also one of the best out there, and tests your ability to co-operate. Overall, the game is another Valve masterpiece.
  56. Nov 14, 2013
    Portal 2 is a game that impresses with it's awesome puzzles and outstanding narrative. Impressively, even showing it's scale by the later parts of the single-player. Using the portal gun, the variations are almost endless, with the innovative mechanics being added.
    The single-player is challenging, without being frustrating. And it always stays interesting with the creative comments of the characters throughout the game which are hilarious. About the puzzles, they're extremely satisfying. It starts with the same test chambers of the original Portal, but progresses with brand new puzzles to solve, using the different mechanics.
    The co-op is revolutionary, and often difficult (again, without being frustrating). It requires strong teamwork, where the puzzles are sophisticated with different elements and mechanics. Four portals are needed to finish the tests, and it can become rather complicated. But not frustrating. To make the situation simplier, there's some helpful tools to tell your partner where to place a portal, what to activate etc. Also some goofy dances are presented.
    Creating tests became time-consuming to me, because I was experimenting with the different tools to make an innovative puzzle where other people will play. It's rewarding to see a simple system for making your own puzzles and, also, for playing others' creations.
    Narrative wise, it's just perfect. There's always an unexpected twist coming, which why this narrative succeeds. It also nails with the amazing characters who always have another clever quote to say. And the ending made me cry. About co-op's story, it's mostly fine with clever comments from GLaDOS.
    Visually, it isn't mind-blowing, but it is quite solid. It's design is flawless, and it luckily succeeds to create atmosphere. It uses an old engine, but that engine is still impressive for making good-looking games.
    The soundtrack impresses, but the voice acting is the most impressive thing about the audio. It's totally fantastic.
    Portal 2 is a work of art, and another masterpiece from the masterminds of Valve. (10.00)
  57. Koo
    Aug 4, 2012
    A really beautiful game that's fun for everyone. It improves on the original Portal in every respect: Story, humour, and puzzles. It's just plain fun to play, and stays with you long after you finish the game. One tip for people playing the game for the first time: Do not use walkthroughs/cheat guides! I used a walkthrough for one puzzle I was stuck on for two days, and I regret itA really beautiful game that's fun for everyone. It improves on the original Portal in every respect: Story, humour, and puzzles. It's just plain fun to play, and stays with you long after you finish the game. One tip for people playing the game for the first time: Do not use walkthroughs/cheat guides! I used a walkthrough for one puzzle I was stuck on for two days, and I regret it to this day! (1 year later). Any time you get stuck, just take a break from the game, re-think the puzzle, and then get back at it. The puzzle I got stuck on was a common problem for many players, but the solution to it is simple and straightforward (perhaps why I couldn't figure it out!). Fantastic game if you have a PC, PS3 or XBox 360. I can recommend it to everyone. 10/10 Expand
  58. May 10, 2012
    I didn't expect that the sequel to Portal would be as nice as the original but in fact it was better. I enjoyed every bit of the story, the amazing end and most importantly the ability to play online with other people!
  59. Feb 27, 2012
    It's supremely easy to gush hyperbole over this game...with good reason. It's a rare thing for a game to be this funny and this beautiful and THIS involving and impossible to put down. It goes eons beyond what Portal 1 attempted to do...Portal 2- IT GOES TO 11!!!...if this scoring system could, that is...
  60. Mar 10, 2012
    From a free game meant to test players reaction to a full sequel that ended up as one of the best, original and inovative games ever made: this is Portal (2)! I wouldn't go as far as naming it the best game made by Valve, but i would put these two together next to the first Half-Life anytime. Story and voice acting at their best, no cheesy moment, and emotionally engaging (especially atFrom a free game meant to test players reaction to a full sequel that ended up as one of the best, original and inovative games ever made: this is Portal (2)! I wouldn't go as far as naming it the best game made by Valve, but i would put these two together next to the first Half-Life anytime. Story and voice acting at their best, no cheesy moment, and emotionally engaging (especially at the end), this game was destined to become a cult game from the start. Expand
  61. Apr 30, 2011
    Portal 2 is an improvement upon the first in every way. Funnier, better graphics, and the puzzles require greater thought to pass, especially when they add gel to the mix. It loses 1 point because I bought the PC version, and I'd have to buy another copy in order for my girlfriend to play co-op with me.
  62. Apr 20, 2011
    I've only played a couple hours into it, but the "loading" screen is pissing me off already. For a $45 game PC game, it should utilize PC's memory superiority and load much less than a console. I'm pretty disappointed in it overall, only because the price doesn't match the product. It should be a $20 game.
  63. Apr 24, 2011
    Great game that is well written and has a fantastic sense of humor. I havnt tried the multiplayer yet(still working on single player) but the game could well be game of the year(we will see about Skyrim).
  64. Apr 25, 2011
    Portal 2 has got to be one of the best games i've ever played. I've beat the single player twice now (once with the commentary, which was more scarce than i hoped for but a great addition nonetheless) and plan on playing it again and again on into the future. As someone else said here, the script and atmosphere are so cool that its fun to reenter the world despite knowing the puzzlePortal 2 has got to be one of the best games i've ever played. I've beat the single player twice now (once with the commentary, which was more scarce than i hoped for but a great addition nonetheless) and plan on playing it again and again on into the future. As someone else said here, the script and atmosphere are so cool that its fun to reenter the world despite knowing the puzzle solutions. But the co-op, oh GOD, the co-op. Portal 2's co-op campaign is the MAIN EVENT. to all you people out there criticizing the game for being too short, or not worth 60 bucks, then you must not have a cool enough friend to play the co-op with. Seriously. it is 5 or 6 hours of the BEST GAMEPLAY ON THE PLANET. That brings the grand total of Portal 2's game time to 10-12 hours, and THAT is a lot of game in this day and age. I cannot say enough good things. Valve has outdone themselves with this game. The more I think about it, the more i like it. Expand
  65. May 4, 2011
    Valve are legends of the gaming industry, no doubt about it. For those who are complaining that the game didn't go towards YOUR expectations, you're missing out on an obvious nominee for Game of the Year. Continuing the innovative gameplay and story from the first game, Portal 2 expands the story tenfold into an epic journey through the history of Aperture and the AI struggle over controlValve are legends of the gaming industry, no doubt about it. For those who are complaining that the game didn't go towards YOUR expectations, you're missing out on an obvious nominee for Game of the Year. Continuing the innovative gameplay and story from the first game, Portal 2 expands the story tenfold into an epic journey through the history of Aperture and the AI struggle over control and power. Gameplay is top-notch, and each campaign feels complete and entertaining despite their short lengths...if you're a pro at Portal. And of course, graphics are phenomenal in presenting the haunted remnants of Aperture, and Sound Design is great. Oh, and the sarcasm and humor are still there. So, if you want the greatest experience of gaming this year, Portal 2 will be your buy. Expand
  66. Oct 29, 2011
    YEa even though the engine is old, and valve was trying to squeeze everything out of that old engine, the game is FUN
    Portal 1 was incredible, but this is just another league
  67. Jan 4, 2012
    This game is amazing. I originally bought the PS3 version, but in the end I just played the free PC version that came with it. It has great graphics, incredible gameplay, a hilarious, creative and well thought out story with some of the best dialogue I've ever seen, and some of the most challenging puzzles I've ever played. Portal 2 is a complete package. It never felt like it went on forThis game is amazing. I originally bought the PS3 version, but in the end I just played the free PC version that came with it. It has great graphics, incredible gameplay, a hilarious, creative and well thought out story with some of the best dialogue I've ever seen, and some of the most challenging puzzles I've ever played. Portal 2 is a complete package. It never felt like it went on for too long, and I didn't want the game to go any longer at the end. It finished just at the right time. The puzzles progressively got more challenging as the game went on and eventually the game got quite hard. Portal 2 had the most likeable cast of characters I've ever seen in a video game with Wheatley stealing the show as a little robot who you meet at the start of the game. The Co-op is a lot of fun too and it works so well because you actually have to work together to succeed. Call of Duty survival this is not. Portal 2 is just incredible and an absolute must buy. Expand
  68. Dec 29, 2012
    Very good puzzle game, and took me almost 9 hours to finish first run through. If you enjoyed puzzle in portal 1, you will like the longer version of portal 2. Get this when it goes on sale at $5.
  69. Apr 22, 2011
    1) If you liked Portal, you will LOVE portal 2

2) Story: there is one! characters are great and hilarious and there are some golden moments but it's not exactly a driving force in the game and leaves a few questions unanswered 3) graphics: Any computer with a graphics card can run it which is nice but it definitely lacks a hardcore graphical punch. Everywhere looks the same and uses the
    1) If you liked Portal, you will LOVE portal 2

3) graphics: Any computer with a graphics card can run it which is nice but it definitely lacks a hardcore graphical punch. Everywhere looks the same and uses the same recycled colors

4) Humor: it's not only golden but it's omnipresent. Cave Johnson's lemon speech is absolutely unforgettable

5) length: My friend and I both took about 15 hours total to beat both the singleplayer and co op campaigns. To those who beat it in 4 hours, you didn't have any fun because you used a guide book to beat a game who's only satisfaction is solving the damn puzzles and if you looped all the audio in the character's jokes in the game together it would probably run longer than 4 hours so good job not having any fun and **** about it as if you'll get your money back

6) Game: puzzle complexity is far greater and far more satisfying to solve with addition of so many extra mechanics, but because the game introduces them all to you before beating your brain to a pulp with them, it's slow starting.

7) replayability? lol. none

What makes Portal 2 worth? 15 hours worth of cracked ribs as a result of laughter and some of the best puzzle solving experience you'll get in digital form. Just make sure you have a co op buddy and a mic before playing this game, playing co op with a stranger or someone whose already beaten will kill the satisfaction from puzzle solving and not having a mic just leads to frustration. If you have all this and a yearn for puzzle solving and good humor, Portal 2 is for you. The only thing it lacks is replayability.
  70. Apr 20, 2011
    I have no idea why the user average is 7.7. It deserves a 9 at least. The concept is amazing, gameplay is solid and exhilarating, new features are never forced or gimmicky and voice acting is stellar. It's an incredibly funny game that never has one dull moment. It's full of nothing but robots but they have more personality than most games with people. They tell an interesting storyI have no idea why the user average is 7.7. It deserves a 9 at least. The concept is amazing, gameplay is solid and exhilarating, new features are never forced or gimmicky and voice acting is stellar. It's an incredibly funny game that never has one dull moment. It's full of nothing but robots but they have more personality than most games with people. They tell an interesting story through nothing but voice and it's so fresh and so valve. If you loved the first, you will love this hilarious, exciting, gameplay feature packed, great looking game. The multiplayer is the best because the puzzles are more complex and give you such a great feeling of accomplishment that you just want to high five your buddy and cheer! From start to end, this game will make you laugh and think and marvel at the sheer beauty and quality that valve has packaged for you. The best game I have purchased since the beginning of 2010. Expand
  71. Aug 5, 2013
    A vast improvement upon the original, but still insanely over-hyped, fun for a while, but can't see myself playing through multiple times. A solid puzzle game.
  72. Nov 23, 2011
    Now that the year of gaming has come to an end Portal is safe in it's spot as the best game of 2011. Despite a lot of good games released nothing came close. Not just GOTY but GOTD (D=decade).
  73. Jan 3, 2012
    As a game, it's epic. Truly amazing. But as a sequel to Portal, it's a letdown. Great voice acting, spot-on humor, linear, moderately challenging puzzles, plenty of cute and fun moments, and a climax that made me scream at my computer screen for... epicness? Whatever it was, it was awesome. But the story's fed to you in this one like a regular game, as opposed to Portal's moreAs a game, it's epic. Truly amazing. But as a sequel to Portal, it's a letdown. Great voice acting, spot-on humor, linear, moderately challenging puzzles, plenty of cute and fun moments, and a climax that made me scream at my computer screen for... epicness? Whatever it was, it was awesome. But the story's fed to you in this one like a regular game, as opposed to Portal's more easter-egg-like hints. The plot is seamless, but formulaic. The twists are easily predicted, but still excite when they happen. And Chell, whose name was never even mentioned in the first game, becomes less of an in-game projection of the player, but a bit of a character herself. Not to mention the sexying her up by the developers (not complaining too much, she still has a bit of a harsh face, which I'm quite glad for. But that still doesn't discourage all the fan wanks, but now I'm on a tangent). My review, however, is only on the single player. I'll leave others for the co-op mode. Expand
  74. Sep 29, 2013
    (This review is for the single player game only) For those not familiar, Portal and Portal II are puzzle games that use the same viewpoint and controls of a first-person-shooter. Not quite as groundbreaking as the first Portal, but miles ahead in terms of graphics and gameplay. A bunch of new gameplay mechanics were added, and the mood and graphics were enhanced compared to the first(This review is for the single player game only) For those not familiar, Portal and Portal II are puzzle games that use the same viewpoint and controls of a first-person-shooter. Not quite as groundbreaking as the first Portal, but miles ahead in terms of graphics and gameplay. A bunch of new gameplay mechanics were added, and the mood and graphics were enhanced compared to the first Portal. The game seemed longer, and the humor was great. The comic relief character Wheatley played by Stephen Merchant was excellent. There are parts of the game that are very dark and foreboding, parts that are ridiculous and zany, and parts that are just plain weird. This is a must-play game for anyone that likes puzzles, a true classic game. Expand
  75. Jun 11, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. I enjoyed every single bit of it. Every. Single. Bit. The graphics are neat, the environments are one of the greatest I've seen, and the story is admirable. After all these years, Valve still knows how to bring pure joy in digital form. Buy this game, especially the PC version, if possible.
  76. Oct 22, 2014
    Intriguing. Intuitive. Hilarious. These are just some of the words I'll use to describe this game. Recommend this game to anyone who has half a brain.
  77. Oct 8, 2011
    So, what else is Portal 2 besides a lot of hype? I was waiting for this title to go on sale and when it did I decided 15 dollar would be the right price for this game and bought it. And I was quite right. Let's start off with the good things: I love the source engine. I had all the graphical settings maxed out and there hasn't been a shred of lag during the entire game. The texturing isn'tSo, what else is Portal 2 besides a lot of hype? I was waiting for this title to go on sale and when it did I decided 15 dollar would be the right price for this game and bought it. And I was quite right. Let's start off with the good things: I love the source engine. I had all the graphical settings maxed out and there hasn't been a shred of lag during the entire game. The texturing isn't overly complicated, which isn't necessary to maintain the smooth style in which Portal games are made. Fun environments, beautiful shadows, lighting effects and very slick animations will keep you in the right kind of atmosphere while portaling your way through the Aperture complex (or what's left of it). It's an awesome experience just to see the world around you either being built up or torn apart (you'll never know for sure which).

Unfortunately there are also some things that didn't quite work for me, which has mainly to do with the voicecasting. GlaDOS sounded allright, although a bit too emotional for my taste. I prefered the more reserved subtlety of the first Portal game, but maybe that's just me holding on to the past. But then there is Wheatly. When you put the voice of some annoyingly human british guy in a robot, at least make an effort to make it sound more computerized. And PAUSE between senteces. There's only a second or two rest between the 'helpful' reminders of what you should do and that gets on my nerves pretty fast. I don't like to be rushed unnecessarily just to keep me from getting mildly irritated, let me enjoy my surroundings in peace for a while first.

The storyline gets a bit confusing but I think it worked out just fine overall. There are little twists (and some bigger ones) to keep your interest, and there's plenty of humorous monologues and announcements to smile about. I like the new elements introduced in the puzzles (a bit messy, but who cares), but the puzzles themselves are too easy, making the length of the game a bit on the short side. I hope the either Valve or the modding community will be able to mod us single players some better challenges, as I personally don't care for co-op or any kind of multiplayer at all. All in all Portal 2 is good looking, fun experiece. Looking forward for the mods on this one, I think there's plenty of potential here.
  78. Apr 24, 2011
    One game you should not miss. Genuinely funny and intelligent Portal 2 is the kind of game that makes me remember why i started gaming in the first place. Unlike its predecessor the game shines through story and character design. Not to say that Portal was bad in those categories. It's just that Portal 2 has so many "WOW" moments, so many vistas that show the immensity of ApertureOne game you should not miss. Genuinely funny and intelligent Portal 2 is the kind of game that makes me remember why i started gaming in the first place. Unlike its predecessor the game shines through story and character design. Not to say that Portal was bad in those categories. It's just that Portal 2 has so many "WOW" moments, so many vistas that show the immensity of Aperture Science, it just makes you feel small and insignificant. Like a rat rat in maze. I have never felt this way by playing a game before. Buy it. It is the a game for the ages. Expand
  79. Oct 12, 2011
    A solid, enjoyable game, with good production values and neat levels. The only thing stopping this from being a 10 is that the challenge level is obviously dumbed down for mass-market appeal. Much easier than the first one, overall. There's no real challenge, even with the final climax, which is unfortunately quite similar, though less clever, than the original portal climax.
  80. Nov 8, 2011
    This is one of the best games that I have ever played. The best is TF2, but Portal 2 has the best single player in any game I have ever played. It is challenging, funny, and engaging all at the same time. By the end, I had fallen in love with all of the new characters they introduced and never wanted the game to end. I actually shed a tear when it was over. I wish I could forget everythingThis is one of the best games that I have ever played. The best is TF2, but Portal 2 has the best single player in any game I have ever played. It is challenging, funny, and engaging all at the same time. By the end, I had fallen in love with all of the new characters they introduced and never wanted the game to end. I actually shed a tear when it was over. I wish I could forget everything about it so I could experience it all again. Expand
  81. Dec 20, 2011
    Portal 2 tries to bring back the fun of the original, but falls a little short. While portal 2 is fun, it seems to be lacking something from the original. Some of the puzzles made me wonder what the developers were thinking at the time. Portal 2 is a fun game, so if you catch it on sale pick it up.
  82. Jan 20, 2012
    Breathtaking. The hilarious characters, the exciting puzzles, and the deep plotline make this game a must-have. The only thing I didn't like was the boss fight. It was way too easy, and almost exactly like the one from the original Portal, but much more obvious. However, other than this small detail, I think Portal 2 is a great game. Valve has done it again.
  83. Dec 11, 2012
    READ MY OTHER REVIEW! This one is just like that, but has a chamber maker that provides you with endless challenges and fun from the whole community Aperture Scientist's! You can even play with a friend.
  84. Jan 23, 2013
    By far one of my most favorite games, ever. Filled with genius plot, humorous characters, and excellent puzzle design. The first Portal game was released in 2007, with addition to the orange box. But 4 years later, Valve took what was great about the first game, and multiplied it by 1000. A fully fledged, innovative title that nobody should miss. Ever.
  85. Dec 2, 2014
    Wow. I'm honestly speechless. The game's that good. I mean, like, epic storyline, amazing graphics even on a crappy computer, virtually lag and glitch-free, and somehow enough room for puzzle solving and creativity that makes you feel good in the end. All that you could ask for in a game. And the atmosphere you're playing in makes you feel like you're fighting for your life. This gameWow. I'm honestly speechless. The game's that good. I mean, like, epic storyline, amazing graphics even on a crappy computer, virtually lag and glitch-free, and somehow enough room for puzzle solving and creativity that makes you feel good in the end. All that you could ask for in a game. And the atmosphere you're playing in makes you feel like you're fighting for your life. This game reminded me that EA can't create masterpieces like the ones Valve makes. (hint hint: start making good games please.)

I'd play this title over and over again if I were given a choice! It's that good!
  86. Jan 9, 2016
    This is by far the best game Valve have made. This game really makes you think, opens up your mind and makes you creative. Perfect for school usage even if that never will happen. Good job Valve.
  87. Apr 19, 2011
    yea yea. We expected more from the game. But its still amazing. C'mon, is almost impossible to make something better than portal 1 and they made it! BUT LOTS OF PEOPLE dont want just a better game, they want a perfect game.
    Hatters ganna hate.
  88. Apr 21, 2011
    If I could describe Portal 2 with one word it would be: Masterpiece. This game is simply brilliant, and entertaining. How anyone could be disappointed in this sequel is beyond me. If you liked the original portal, you are out of your mind if you end up not liking this game-- in fact, you should immediately shut off your computer and go check yourself into the nearest mental institute.If I could describe Portal 2 with one word it would be: Masterpiece. This game is simply brilliant, and entertaining. How anyone could be disappointed in this sequel is beyond me. If you liked the original portal, you are out of your mind if you end up not liking this game-- in fact, you should immediately shut off your computer and go check yourself into the nearest mental institute. I do wonder if some people think they completed the game when they did not. 5 hours is quite fast for this game. I'm pretty sure I played single player for more than 5 hours and I'm pretty darn good at solving the puzzles, only getting hung up 2 or 3 times for a while trying to figure something out. I can see some people maybe getting frustrated, but if you put the game down and come back later, you'll eventually figure it out. As far as graphics go there is nothing here that is video card punishing, but the game looks beautiful, full of wide open areas of the complex and bottomless chasms to fall into. There are more technologies to play with in this game than the original, so there is plenty of variety. Some puzzles I can tell could be solved a couple different ways, but most are solved only the one way. What really sets this game apart from the others is the storyline and the characters. The humor can be laugh-out-loud funny at times, and should make anyone with a sense of humor laugh. I won't say how the game ends, but you may or may not be disappointed. I wasn't, and I laughed at the ending cut scene as it was a great joke. The game is certainly worth the money, and the addition of the MP mode where you can solve a different set of puzzles with a friend is a great addition to the game. Me and friend of mine solved nearly all of them in one night, but couldn't finish because it got too late. I look forward to seeing what DLC will become available for this game. Expand
  89. Nov 25, 2011
    I halved with my friend for this game the other day on Steam and I must say that... This game is absolutely amazing!!! I thought Portal was okay but it got old quickly but Portal 2 has kept me enthused the whole way with it's puzzles, cynical enemy GLaDOS, and the comic relief of Steve Merchant who plays your only friend in the game. I have not tried Co-Op yet and definitely will try it asI halved with my friend for this game the other day on Steam and I must say that... This game is absolutely amazing!!! I thought Portal was okay but it got old quickly but Portal 2 has kept me enthused the whole way with it's puzzles, cynical enemy GLaDOS, and the comic relief of Steve Merchant who plays your only friend in the game. I have not tried Co-Op yet and definitely will try it as me and my friend went halves on the double pack to save a couple dollars because I've simply been enjoying the story of the single player so much! Thanks for another great game!!! Expand
  90. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is awesome. I have no idea what you guys in the negative reviews are talking about with "short story" and "easy puzzles." Most of the puzzles are fairly challenging and there's a good 8 hours of story. If you have EVER played a valve game, you know not to expect maybe more than 8 hours of story, with the exception of the original Half-Life which had about 10. The game is a goodThis game is awesome. I have no idea what you guys in the negative reviews are talking about with "short story" and "easy puzzles." Most of the puzzles are fairly challenging and there's a good 8 hours of story. If you have EVER played a valve game, you know not to expect maybe more than 8 hours of story, with the exception of the original Half-Life which had about 10. The game is a good buy. It has a relatively good story, with good puzzles, and some good humor. Very likable characters. Sure, the multiplayer isn't much. But it's not really fair to effect the score so much. Portal 2 was designed solely around Singleplayer and if you really expect a co-op puzzle game to work well, your hopes are way too high. The music is pretty good. Sorry, but there aren't as many "the cake is a lie" in this as there was in the first one. I'm giving this game a 9 because I'm hesitant to give it a full 10. It's probably about 9.4. But it's a good game for all ages and as long as you don't have ADHD and can't make it past the first 10 minutes or so, it's very fun. Expand
  91. May 28, 2016
    Valve is the king of sequels. Portal 2 takes everything that made Portal great, and somehow manages to improve it with even more great Portal storytelling, hilarious voice-acting, FPS puzzle gameplay, and amazing visuals. Highly recommended.
  92. USG
    Nov 27, 2011
    Each second of Portal 2 is enjoyable and unique, unlike anything else and it offers a superb storyline and amusing dialogue that compliments it. Unfortunately, a problem is that there can be more stellar material in Portal 2. The difficulty starts out slow with nothing really clever and the puzzles and objects that make the gameplay worthwhile is only used near the end of the game. TheEach second of Portal 2 is enjoyable and unique, unlike anything else and it offers a superb storyline and amusing dialogue that compliments it. Unfortunately, a problem is that there can be more stellar material in Portal 2. The difficulty starts out slow with nothing really clever and the puzzles and objects that make the gameplay worthwhile is only used near the end of the game. The detail in the game is tremendous which goes back to the same rooms as Portal but in a new manner, except it showcases the new setting for the first half of the game. The new technologies introduced in the game, such as gels, only make it in too late into the campaign. Despite feeling too short, each second invested into the game is worthwhile and fun. The character must escape from the laboratory which breaks up any repetition caused by tests, although the escaping segments offer no difficulty. Each character in the game is alluring, from GLaDOS and Wheatley to cores with insignificant roles at the end. Overall, the campaign of Portal 2 does indeed inspire awe and the co-op mode can add more hours to the game, but it's ultimately too short which is not for its own good. Expand
  93. Apr 19, 2011
    i was wrong game is great, golden potato'ers got a just reward i cant complain at all

i love tf2 the portal 2 store is cool also viva portal 2. feelsbadman.jpeg
  94. Aug 26, 2012
    Love glados passive agressive comments, wheatley thats designed to be a moron ;). Maybe there are games out there that will give you more playtime hours , bigger challenges, better graphic etc. But i really doubt that there's even one that will put smile on your face more times then Portal 2.
  95. Mar 7, 2012
    Portal 2 is absolutely incredible from start to finish. There is nothing not to like about this game and it shows in every scene that ValvE has STILL GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO KICK ASS! (even thought they release a game like once a decade.)

At first your might think that they wonky robot that wakes you is a bad idea, but trust me he is awesome and everything fits PERFECTLY! (especially the potato, god I love that humor.)

I really want to say thank you to Valve and I did say thank you by buying this game for both my PS3 and on STEAM for a friend.

I did not want this experience to end, it was so much fun, especially by the time you get to the old aperture labs, and start hearing J.K. Simmons (Cave Johnson) with his unmatched, hilarious catch-22 wit. Cave johnson made this game for me!

This is the difference between a company like Valve (REAL GAMERS) and a company like EA (MONEY GRUBBING CORPORATE WHORES). Both can make an obscene amount of dough, but only one can get you off, Valve.

And now to rant - You see kids, EA hired Martin Sheen to voice act in ME2 and 3, because they are morons and don't know a damn thing about "atmosphere" EA did not re-hire the same guy who did the music from ME (big mistake). Martin Sheen is a very distinctive voice but it DOESN'T WORK, and the music from ME 2 and ME 3 is a complete re-hash of ME, but not nearly as complete as ME. There were more original and good tracks in ME than there were in ME2 and 3 combined. EA thinks that none of these things matter, that as long as the game box says "Mass Effect 3" you won't be able to tell the difference between it and a real BioWare game.

Valve is not like that. Portal 2 did not cut corners. The atmosphere is dripping with real, underground, inspired, artistic, and imaginative futuristic robot armageddon. The music and sound effects are not simply resampled from the first game and the voice acting is superb and perfectly matched to the game. And, its also a damn funny game. AND (big and here) IT IS FUN TO PLAY!

The mechanics are not boring, the puzzles are interesting, the game remains funny and fun and though provoking throughout the entire experience.

All I can say is that I loved this game and I am pre-ordering ANY game that ValvE does in house.

L4D = awesome
    HL2 = Awesome
    Portal = Awesome

I used to say, I wish every game was made by either Valve, Id, or Bethesda. I used to say that until Rage came out and Skyrim really did not innovate (skyrim was fun but it was not more than oblivion with better graphics in a different location. I put three hundred hours into Oblivion and I put 75 into Skyrim... it just was not innovative enough to retain my attention, been there done that in Oblivion).

Anyway, I'm rambling but the point is this. If you have not bought this game, buy it, end of story. I don't lie.
  96. Mar 16, 2014
    One of the best games ever created. It is unlike anything you've played before (unless you've played Portal 1). This is a unique game that really puts your brain to work with it's puzzle-type stages. The story is fantastic and hilarious. This is Valves best game IMO. It also has endless replay value due to Steam Workshop.
  97. May 29, 2013
    A fantastically fun adventure, with awesome characters, a dark and atmospheric environment, interesting storyline. One of my personal favorite games, and valve's best so far. Would recommend to anyone.
  98. Nov 12, 2015
    while it couldn't have the punch of the first installment this game is still very good much better than pretty much any AAA title your likely to buy these days anyway, i was afraid the multiplayer was going to mess the game up but as usual valve steps up not only does in fix into the game nicely and feel necessary there's a lot of fun to be had when you and a mate just want to **** aboutwhile it couldn't have the punch of the first installment this game is still very good much better than pretty much any AAA title your likely to buy these days anyway, i was afraid the multiplayer was going to mess the game up but as usual valve steps up not only does in fix into the game nicely and feel necessary there's a lot of fun to be had when you and a mate just want to **** about with portal guns that you just can't have alone. the player made levels cant be very good and i believe many are made by game developers. in summary loved it would buy again just to play with new people. Expand
  99. Apr 23, 2011
    Great game - I enjoyed this far more than the original. I'd like to say that I enjoyed every moment of it however there were two or three times that I became a little frustrated with some of the puzzles (but that's probably just me). I enjoyed the last set of puzzles in the game more than the in between bits (making your way through the environment) however I still loved playing throughGreat game - I enjoyed this far more than the original. I'd like to say that I enjoyed every moment of it however there were two or three times that I became a little frustrated with some of the puzzles (but that's probably just me). I enjoyed the last set of puzzles in the game more than the in between bits (making your way through the environment) however I still loved playing through this game and I can't wait to replay it again in a few months time when I've forgotten what to do again. Expand
  100. Jul 15, 2011
    This game definitely has a more "pixar" type feel to it than the first game. Still a great game, There are a lot of fun new elements. Co-op is very fun. I loved the storyline, but it is all based on personal preference. Do not listen to the people who say this game is only worth 4-6 hours of gameplay, Personally, i am right around 30 hours so far and i havn't even finished everything. IThis game definitely has a more "pixar" type feel to it than the first game. Still a great game, There are a lot of fun new elements. Co-op is very fun. I loved the storyline, but it is all based on personal preference. Do not listen to the people who say this game is only worth 4-6 hours of gameplay, Personally, i am right around 30 hours so far and i havn't even finished everything. I did dock the game 2 score points because i believe it is a little too easy, like other people have said, "find the white spots, shoot portals". Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)