Portal 2 PC

9.0

1. Zri
    Apr 23, 2011
    Not perfect, but pretty damned good. With sequels popping up left and right and usually missing the mark by a fair way, Portal 2 takes what was good in Portal and, well, keeps it good. The writing for the dialogue is spot on, the co-op is just fantastic, down to a snarky GladOS making comments at you waving at her cameras, and the portals are as good as ever.

But. In some cases the

But. In some cases the puzzles feel a bit too easy. In many cases it's too obvious where you should be placing portals, and one feeling that I consistently had while going through the single player game is that there was far too many surfaces that you couldn't attach a portal to, meaning that when you found one, you knew it was important. I felt that took a little away from the game.

That somewhat minor quibble aside, the game is just great.

I hope there will be more available for the co-op aspect of the game, as I think this is where the game really shines (user-generated or commercial, both would be good), and if they expect people to spend any money in their co-op bot decoration store, there better be a good reason to do it.
  2. May 16, 2012
    For me this is perfection. Gameplay is inovative, fun, just fantastic. Maybe there should be more content, thats the only bad thing. The ending is perfect, voice acting, story. SOmething every other game could only dream of having .
  3. Apr 22, 2011
    Portal 2 isn't just about portals. As a matter of fact, initial development excluded portals altogether. That says a lot about the true heart of this game. It's an action-adventure game disguised as a puzzle game, and it's story-driven game. Chell's story, Glados' story, and ultimately Aperture's. Portals are just means to tell and advance that story. The action, beautifully-pacedPortal 2 isn't just about portals. As a matter of fact, initial development excluded portals altogether. That says a lot about the true heart of this game. It's an action-adventure game disguised as a puzzle game, and it's story-driven game. Chell's story, Glados' story, and ultimately Aperture's. Portals are just means to tell and advance that story. The action, beautifully-paced and driven by a dark and ominous soundtrack, invokes memories of Half-Life 2. The writing and voice acting are superb, with plenty of comic relief to put a smile on your face. While it's not the revolution HL2 was, it's as every bit a masterpiece in game design. Players looking for hardcore dexterity-based puzzles may be disappointed. Those of us who enjoy all aspects of gaming will cherish Portal 2 as an instant classic. Expand
  4. Apr 20, 2011
    Let me start by saying that I think this game deserves a 9/10. The extra 1 is to try and balance out the idiots who are giving this game 0-3/10. They're either trolls or people who absolutely hate puzzle games and shouldn't have been playing this game anyways. That said, I loved this game. Stunning voice acting, clever puzzles, and a riveting storyline make this the best game so far thisLet me start by saying that I think this game deserves a 9/10. The extra 1 is to try and balance out the idiots who are giving this game 0-3/10. They're either trolls or people who absolutely hate puzzle games and shouldn't have been playing this game anyways. That said, I loved this game. Stunning voice acting, clever puzzles, and a riveting storyline make this the best game so far this year. Those who are claiming this to be a console port don't know what they're talking about. There's up to 8x AA on AMD/ ATI cards, up to 16x AF, other expected texture settings, and it even supports Eyefinity (resolution of 5760x1080). I look forward to going through the campaign again to find the secrets that I missed. I did find the puzzles to be easier to solve then the ones from portal 1, but that is to be expected considering that I beat that game a couple times. I've had practice. Expand
  5. Jul 1, 2011
    in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. Others were removed 2 Developer's regime is a regime of speed and power mode, Crysis 2 has two modes would have even better. The developers have made one mistake stupid enough protagonist Alcatraz not not say a word as something silly in our time well, it's very small cons of srovneniyu with the advantages of the game such as the positivein Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. Others were removed 2 Developer's regime is a regime of speed and power mode, Crysis 2 has two modes would have even better. The developers have made one mistake stupid enough protagonist Alcatraz not not say a word as something silly in our time well, it's very small cons of srovneniyu with the advantages of the game such as the positive side of his suit. Types of shooter games have changed the usual shooter shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield. So as impurity shooters as Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem. And there are half as stealth stealth already long gone and will take place stealth sex stelae and games such as Crysis 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Deus Ex came out had not yet left the first game of Crysis 2! Expand
  6. Mar 6, 2012
    If you read my Portal 2 review (highly doubt it, but recommend it), I complained about the cussing, the endless, no reason, cussing (only a couple times, but still). It continues! Love the game! Love the concept! hate the cussing! No this time glados get's even harsher, this one is even harder to recommend because of multi-player! Com-chatting online anything can happen. So I was sad aboutIf you read my Portal 2 review (highly doubt it, but recommend it), I complained about the cussing, the endless, no reason, cussing (only a couple times, but still). It continues! Love the game! Love the concept! hate the cussing! No this time glados get's even harsher, this one is even harder to recommend because of multi-player! Com-chatting online anything can happen. So I was sad about that part, but I still love it! play it a lot, and want to get a space suit next time! Expand
  7. Aug 31, 2012
    Portal 2 is Valve's MASTERPIECE
    Amazing humour, lots of challanges, 10 times better than the first one
    its just great, When I was playing through this game I was speechless
    But valve, even if you cant count to 3.....
    if you learn how to, make the next one muuuuuuuuch longer I never want the campain to finish
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    This was a great sequel to an already amazing game. The problem I had with this game was the lack of replay value. Within 2 days I had already beat the single player, co-op, and had over 90% of the achievements.
  9. Jun 19, 2014
    This is one of the few games I can say I played entirely and finished for more than two times. It is probably one of the best games in history, there's really nothing more to say.

This is how a good, entertaining story should be told. But most of all this is how real coop games should be. Portal 2 is by far my first favorite coop game of all time.
  10. Jun 2, 2017
    Everything perfected into one amazing puzzle game like no other.Although it is only 8 hours long, the gameplay is amazing.You get funny dialogue, amusing characters such as Wheatley and GLaDOS,memorable puzzles,awesome mechanics, amazing environments with great graphics and incredible story that will stick with you for decades to come.This game will be a classic that will age well.
  11. May 3, 2011
    A brilliant game made with amazing ideas, but lacking difficulty. Was I the only person that felt as if the game lacked? I felt like a little bit was missing when I completed the game. When I analyzed how the SP played, I figured out why. 1. The game is quite linear. As you progress, you begin to notice that if there is a white spot on the wall, you will more than likely have to use it toA brilliant game made with amazing ideas, but lacking difficulty. Was I the only person that felt as if the game lacked? I felt like a little bit was missing when I completed the game. When I analyzed how the SP played, I figured out why. 1. The game is quite linear. As you progress, you begin to notice that if there is a white spot on the wall, you will more than likely have to use it to complete the puzzles. Most of them can only be done 1 way. 2. Gameplay never goes in depth. You never have to do anything nearly as difficult as the original Portal, which sometimes required quick reflexes, and double portal jumping. It seems as though the game is consolized a bit. I thought that by purchasing it on PC, I would be getting a better experience (minus graphics), but I found that to not be true because the responsiveness of a mouse and keyboard were not utilized throughout the game. You rarely have to incorporate more than 1 thing in order to solve a puzzle once you figure it out, and they begin to get easier to figure out as you progress due to the linear level design. The levels begin to lack variety and I never felt like it fully introduced me into using the gels as a way of solving levels. They felt more like they were introduced and left at that. You simply use them once a level and are done. 3. The game had too many loading screens which didn't help immerse me in the game. Sure, they were short, but very frequent, sometimes within a minute of each other. 4. Lack of Real-time destruction. The game nice scripted events that were very elaborate. Sadly, these grew tiresome to me toward the end of the game. I wanted to be able to break the glass myself (you can't). I wanted to pick up chairs and interact with broken glass shards (you can't). About the only thing you can interact with besides the main storyline things are cups.
    With the rant out of the way, I will say I was impressed with the storyline, and even the graphics in certain areas. The large scale of some of the maps were a nice change from the small rooms. The glass was the most realistic I have ever seen in a video game (sadly it is all scripted). The gels look amazing when put on high (on medium they look like floating pentagons). The vegetation looks like some of the most defined I have ever seen. The lighting and shadows were greatly improved to be close to the best I have seen (I have only played DX9 games). The ending was spectacular (although I can't remember the end-game song because I felt like it lacked a catchy tune). The coop ... well, that is interesting. It actually has some things the SP left out. When I complete a level on coop, I feel accomplished (unlike SP where I frequently said,"Is that it?"). The levels are more complex and require teamwork in order to complete them. The only problem with it is that I felt like the levels were a bit linear at times. Well, to wrap it up. I give the game a 9.3 due to the simple-minded, yet elegant SP and crisp coop. Hope you enjoyed reading and if you stayed this long I assume you agree with me.
  12. May 12, 2011
    Yes, they are right.. Nice graphics. Original ideas. Nice sound. Nice everything, just like how everyone are talking about it. It will make a great single player title. Yes, you've got it, a great single player title. But what about the multiplayer part, you may ask?
    Sorry, but the fact remains that the mutiplayer has 0 replay value. After I've gone through the multiplayer once with a friend, I've become somewhat a tour guide, guiding people through the multiplayer levels.
    And that's about it, there's really no point in playing the multiplayer again. Same levels, walking around doing the same stuff. Even if its with an other person, it will ge boring when the game is highly environmental based.
    Worse still, there are absolutely no storyline for the multiplayer. Its really just going through levels (and having the AI bombarding you with the same dialogue each time). Come to think of it, the single player mode has a lot more replay value than the multiplayer.

So, yea, the multiplayer is a failure because of the absence of replay value. Since the multiplayer is half of what the game is about, that will be a 0/5 for it. As for the single player, a 5/5 for valve standard, as always.
  13. Apr 26, 2011
    great addition to vavle's amazing lineup. great characters and hilarious writing and not to mention that the final battle is incredible. if you liked portal one then you're sure as hell gonna like this, thanks again valve you genius bastards!
  14. Apr 23, 2011
    After playing for a while I came to this conclusion. Portal 2 is one of the best games Valve has made. Adds more to the story and more game mechanics. The humor in this game is side splitting but really shows its self in the co-op mode.My only complaint is the in game store which allows you to purchase items like hats and skins which doesn't offer an bonuses other than the cool factorAfter playing for a while I came to this conclusion. Portal 2 is one of the best games Valve has made. Adds more to the story and more game mechanics. The humor in this game is side splitting but really shows its self in the co-op mode.My only complaint is the in game store which allows you to purchase items like hats and skins which doesn't offer an bonuses other than the cool factor among your friends.But otherwise well worth every penny and I look forward to what Valve will do with further updates. Expand
  15. Apr 22, 2011
    I'd like to give Portal 2 a 10, honestly I would, but as many have mentioned, it lacks a bit of the freshness of Portal. I was hoping for new mechanics, not just new ways to use existing mechanics. That being said, Portal 2 is an amazing game, filled with great puzzles, witty voice acting, and what is probably the best co-op play since SMB on the NES. The advent of Steam of the PS3 is aI'd like to give Portal 2 a 10, honestly I would, but as many have mentioned, it lacks a bit of the freshness of Portal. I was hoping for new mechanics, not just new ways to use existing mechanics. That being said, Portal 2 is an amazing game, filled with great puzzles, witty voice acting, and what is probably the best co-op play since SMB on the NES. The advent of Steam of the PS3 is a nice touch, and I'm personally excited to see where it goes from here. Expand
  16. Apr 22, 2011
    This game reminds me what videogames should be about: fun, phantasy and fun. Oh did i mention fun already?

An absolutely blast and I did not even try the coop mode! 2011 seems to be a great year for gamers, but every other game coming out this year has a real high bar to jump over!
  17. May 28, 2011
    Absolutely Brilliant. I loved the first game, I love this one even more! It's a lot more complicated though! Highly recommened!!! I don't think I'll be able to return to portal 1 after this game. I also loved the music and half life feel to it. CO-op is also brilliant
  18. May 5, 2011
    Very fun game, Funny character's, Great Story, but a little short for my taste. Still a great hit. It really can make you feel smart when you complete a level, but make's you feel dumb when if you get stuck for a few min's longer than you should have. One downfall, not bad enough to make my score change, but add more puzzle missions, just for fun, ya know they should have made moreVery fun game, Funny character's, Great Story, but a little short for my taste. Still a great hit. It really can make you feel smart when you complete a level, but make's you feel dumb when if you get stuck for a few min's longer than you should have. One downfall, not bad enough to make my score change, but add more puzzle missions, just for fun, ya know they should have made more Test's you could do, not for the main story. They did a great job with Co-op, play PC with PS3, to bad they didn't make a solo style one also, like campaign but without the story. Expand
  19. May 25, 2011
    I love this game! With its amazing singleplayer, funny co-op, amazing gameplay and awesome story, it is one of the best games ever! The biggest problem with it is that the co-op isn't that replayible, but that is ok as long as it is awesome
  20. Jul 15, 2011
    Portal 2 is more fun if you haven't played the first one, because you've probably become used to the Portal mechanic, and it feels normal to you, however, even if you have played the first portal, you won't be disappointed by the second. The game was presented in just the right way, we were given just enough of the plot and storyline, the voice acting was flawless, McLain, Merchant andPortal 2 is more fun if you haven't played the first one, because you've probably become used to the Portal mechanic, and it feels normal to you, however, even if you have played the first portal, you won't be disappointed by the second. The game was presented in just the right way, we were given just enough of the plot and storyline, the voice acting was flawless, McLain, Merchant and Simmons can't steal the spotlight, they're all taking 300% of the stage, no one can forget any of them. The game is only 6-7 hours if you're smart, and co-op can vary if you're unsure about the other person's IQ, so thank goodness we can have extra maps and mods, and about to get DLC soon, and with all the gameplay's new mechanics, there is endless replay value. Portal 2 is more than just portals, Valve knows that, and they put so much detail on every corner, it's impossible to hate the game on any part whether it's graphics, plot, characters, or gameplay. Expand
  21. Feb 21, 2012
    I was very desappointed by the end of the game. Of course, the art direction is good, the puzzles are very clever made and the voice acting wont disappoint either, but it gets too bored, vey linear and repetitive, also it has a very small cast, so by the you get to the end, you will pratically want them to shut up.
  22. May 22, 2012
    Simply the best game i played this year. Cool gameplay, mind blown, great storyline... everything is awesome except the truth that the story mode ends really fast, but since it have co-op mode, well who cares about how short the story is?! the main fun in this game is solving puzzles, with incredible portal gun, and you can enjoy it together with your dearest friend, and even you can makeSimply the best game i played this year. Cool gameplay, mind blown, great storyline... everything is awesome except the truth that the story mode ends really fast, but since it have co-op mode, well who cares about how short the story is?! the main fun in this game is solving puzzles, with incredible portal gun, and you can enjoy it together with your dearest friend, and even you can make the hardest puzzles yourself and let people try it. So what do you think? do i have to put lesser score just because it have short story line?? HELL NO! Expand
  23. Jun 6, 2012
    An Instant classic!
    Why you no have this game?!
    An Instant classic!
    Why you no have this game?!
    Have not played the single player but if it is at lest as good as the Co-Op it will be epic beyond all words. Get one of your friends and rock this Co-Op because if you do not your going to miss out on some high quality gaming goodness. IMPORTANT: This game is not a clone of anything. It is something truly original. Really original games are a rare thing today.

This requires critical thinking, true cooperation, problem solving and not only do you feel like you have learned something (Something rare in games as of late) but also you do not feel like you are over your head. This is mainly due to the clever uses of humor at just the right times. Also has something that you might not expect for a game like this....a plot that is well thought out. Not only in the Co-Op but also the single player game as well. Both the Single player and Co-Op have their own separate storylines so in short you have two games in one....kind of.

My point is BUY THIS GAME, it is worth your time and money.
    It is better over the first Portal.

Go get it now.
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    More of the good stuff. It really is sad when people give a game like Portal 2 an extremely low score. What were you expecting? It has a single player and co-op campaign with user created content. You didn't have to buy it day one. Its not like it won't be five dollars on steam a few weeks later. Valve is just that generous. I absolutely loved that Valve included a steam copy withMore of the good stuff. It really is sad when people give a game like Portal 2 an extremely low score. What were you expecting? It has a single player and co-op campaign with user created content. You didn't have to buy it day one. Its not like it won't be five dollars on steam a few weeks later. Valve is just that generous. I absolutely loved that Valve included a steam copy with purchases of the Playstation 3 version. Keep it up, Valve. Expand
  25. Jun 12, 2012
    Great sequel to the first one. This game is very different from others, this is a very strategic and quite funny game. I recommend this to anyone and everyone who enjoys a great challenge and a good laugh!
  26. Jul 28, 2013
    The best Valve game (yes, better than HL2!). This game is an absolute joy from start to end, with humorous and puzzling situations. If you haven't played the first one... Well still do that, but you HAVE to play this one IMMEDIATELY after!
  27. Nov 10, 2013
    I recommend you actually play this. Even though I bought this first, (I don't have Portal 1) it is worth it. I bought it when it was $49.99, and was worth the money. This has more realistic graphics, and shaders. This game is honestly worth money. If you have only played portal 1, GET PORTAL 2. It is funny, and has warning signs saying stuff like, "In case of implosion, look directly atI recommend you actually play this. Even though I bought this first, (I don't have Portal 1) it is worth it. I bought it when it was $49.99, and was worth the money. This has more realistic graphics, and shaders. This game is honestly worth money. If you have only played portal 1, GET PORTAL 2. It is funny, and has warning signs saying stuff like, "In case of implosion, look directly at implosion." It has an interesting story, and GLaDOS isn't the enemy until Chapter 6 or 7. I'm not sure. But three words, GET. THIS. NOW.

PS: The most stupid guy here is Sprogger
  28. Jan 22, 2014
    Portal 2:

+Best Storyline+
    +Best Characters+ (Wheatley is Badass!)
    +Best Level Design+
    +Best Voice Acting+
    +Best Soundtracks+

Portal 2 Is the Best puzzle game!
  29. Dec 5, 2014
    A bit late to review but whatever!.... Portal 2 is a great game! The original Portal was great as well! Portal 2 was amazing with great level designs! Some levels stumped me but I finally finished them! The characters, voice acting are really good! I hope in the next Portal (if there will be one) that it would be a prequel to the first game! Overall if you want a really good puzzle gameA bit late to review but whatever!.... Portal 2 is a great game! The original Portal was great as well! Portal 2 was amazing with great level designs! Some levels stumped me but I finally finished them! The characters, voice acting are really good! I hope in the next Portal (if there will be one) that it would be a prequel to the first game! Overall if you want a really good puzzle game pick up Portal 1 and 2 because they are both really amazing puzzle adventure games to get your brain working! Its always a treat every time you finish a puzzle! Expand
  30. Mar 3, 2017
    Одна из моих любимейших игр!

Если говорить честно, я не особо люблю первый Портал -- он короткий, он "куцый", он выглядит как самопальная поделка, коей и является. Вторая часть этого недостатка лишена -- тут и полноценная сюжетная линия, и постановка, и две важных вещи, которые по настоящему ставят Портал 2 выше первой части. Первая -- кооператив. Кооперативная кампания вышла в плане
    Одна из моих любимейших игр!

Первая -- кооператив. Кооперативная кампания вышла в плане "задачек" однозначно лучше основной сюжетной линии, но что куда важней -- путем нехитрых манипуляций, HDMI кабеля и большого телевизора я смог поиграть в Портал2 с одного пк лежа перед дивана вместе со своим другом. И это прекрасно, подобных игр очень не хватает.

Вторая -- редактор карт и кастомные уровни. Одна из главных проблем первой части, из-за чего я ее никому не советую покупать не в бандле со 2, это малая продолжительность. Пара часов и финал. Вторая часть не особо далеко ушла от этого, но в ней есть кооп и уже упомянутый редактор. Карт море, есть по настоящему шикарные, плюс можно сделать и свои(чем я и буду заниматься дальше).

В остальном -- неплохой сюжет и грустная концовка(все как я люблю, печальная лавстори), "мягкий" геймплей, фирменный юмор гледос и красивая графика.
    Покупать -- 100%, можно даже в бандле с первой.

Недостатков нет. 10из10
  31. Apr 21, 2011
    Another great game by valve, highly polished and the graphics are good. Singleplayer is around 6 hours long if you get the hang of it, co-op is around 3-4 hours. What I find dissapointing is the lack of a deeper concept behind portal 2; Nnither the co-op nor sngleplayer offer much replay value. As the old formula in portal 1 of solving tests and "escaping" etc. was established i expectedAnother great game by valve, highly polished and the graphics are good. Singleplayer is around 6 hours long if you get the hang of it, co-op is around 3-4 hours. What I find dissapointing is the lack of a deeper concept behind portal 2; Nnither the co-op nor sngleplayer offer much replay value. As the old formula in portal 1 of solving tests and "escaping" etc. was established i expected some development into making portal into more than a puzzle game with a story like its predecessor. Sadly this was not so, though a brilliant concept and game its structure is such that once you have played through it there is not much to bring you back to play it more than a few times. Lastly portal 2 weighs in at a hefty £30 ($45) on PC more than the cost of the orange box which included 5 amazingly developed games. Portal 2 plays though like a well developed game and you'd be hard pressed to not have fun. But AAA titles at this price have an expectation to deliver a long well developed game thats fun to play. Portal 2 is fun and well developed but its a bit much to ask for £30 for a game with such little replay value. The original portal came with 4 other games and many titles such as Mass effect, Crysis 2, Fallout 3 at this price range have Mutliplayer or multiple ways of playing through the game to greatly boost their playtime beyond the 20 hour mark.

I enjoyed portal 2, but i completed the singleplayer and the co-op in a day, (10 hours). Today i just went through the game again and did all but one of the SP achievements, but i feel a bit let down as i'm already getting bored as I've run out of interest having cleared all the content before. IMO portal 2 feels like it was rushed out of development to meet the console demand for it. Closing comments: A good game with fun gameplay, not a lot of content and no replay value, for its price tag i expected more but it's still a great game.
  32. Apr 20, 2011
    Portal 2 is frankly amazing. I suspect there won't be a better game this year. It is in every way grander, and is very pretty despite being DX9 still. If you liked Portal, you really shouldn't be disappointed.

Never have I see so much furore about some totally crap DLC. People buy this stuff? People buy the TF2 stuff? Valve haven't realised that micro transactions are supposed to be small apparently, they'd sell a lot more pointless DLC if the pack didn't cost as much as Portal 2 does.
  33. Apr 21, 2011
    On so many occasions a a sequel to a hugely popular game disappoints. Portal 2 does not disappoint. Throughout the game I was surprised by many new directions and story developments. Having read numerous negative reviews damning the 'same old levels' as the original game it becomes obvious that the reviewers have not played too far into the game before casting judgement. It should beOn so many occasions a a sequel to a hugely popular game disappoints. Portal 2 does not disappoint. Throughout the game I was surprised by many new directions and story developments. Having read numerous negative reviews damning the 'same old levels' as the original game it becomes obvious that the reviewers have not played too far into the game before casting judgement. It should be made clear that the first few levels of Portal 2 ARE intended to be very similar to the first. Bear in mind there will be a raft of new gamers, especially on console, who have never used the portal gun before and so need to become accustomed to it. The levels did start to become very slightly 'samey' but it was precisely when I started feeling that the story lurched into another direction.

Regarding the co-op mode, this is best played after single player It's not critical, but it doesn't give an extra dimension to the mode which works well.

Design - The level design in this game is astonishing. I'm not going to provide any information on why but there is HUGE variation, and detail in all areas of the game and some are absolutely breathtaking

Sound - there are thousands of lines of dialog within the game, meshed with environment effects which range from fantastic mechanical clanks and clunks to downright creepy ambiance. Graphics - It's the Source Engine. If you've played any recent Source games you'll know what it's capable of , it looks stunning and handles all the environments thrown at it with ease.

Gameplay - Do not listen to people who say this game takes 3-4 hours to complete. If you let yourself enjoy the dialog and play the game as an average gamer it'll last a good 6-7 at least., and that's without attempting to find the numerous secrets areas. For replay value there's always the challenge of achievements and even with the original Portal's short length I found myself replaying it again just because it's FUN! All in all, I was absolutely impressed with Portal 2. While playing online co-op last night until the early hours my playing partner indicated that they had not played a game where they had the 'just one more level' for a long time. That in itself is a worthy testimonial!
  34. May 16, 2011
    The game is absolutely stunning. It took me about 8 hours for the single-player campaign according to Steam meter and these were the 8 hours of absolute brain candy. Some may say it is not enough for 50 bucks but I can tell you it is much better deal than paying 30 for a 2 hour movie and yet people are not complaining about that. Also it feels just right - add 30 minutes more and it wouldThe game is absolutely stunning. It took me about 8 hours for the single-player campaign according to Steam meter and these were the 8 hours of absolute brain candy. Some may say it is not enough for 50 bucks but I can tell you it is much better deal than paying 30 for a 2 hour movie and yet people are not complaining about that. Also it feels just right - add 30 minutes more and it would become either repetitive or would have to add more game elements making the game much longer. My guess is that Valve probably had much more material, probably enough for a good expansion pack or even Portal 3, but I think they have chosen to make the game shorter on purpose. This way it can be more polished and can be finished in one weekend so that player would not lose the immersion by interrupting it in the middle. I have not played the coop mission since it is hard to find time but I did not buy the game for the multiplayer option anyway.

The design is beautiful, the story is great and has those sudden twists that remind me of some of the David Lynch movies. Puzzle difficulty is spot on - just hard enough to bring you to the verge of frustration but never carries you to the land of long wasted hours spent trying to figure out what you are supposed to do and cheating by going online. I even thought for the moment that it may be user adaptive since I was able to just blend into the story so well and solve everything without me being a typical puzzle gamer - I play mostly FPS but occasionally do the old style Myst type adventures. The quality of work is what I expect from Valve - not a single glitch and level design is done so carefully that each frame is a piece worthy of display. Games like this make video gaming an art form. I care less if it is is DX9 or 11 but one thing I would want is a little more world interactivity - perhaps in the style of Bioshock where player could read some diaries, e-mails etc. Also with all the vast number of objects in the game none can be manipulated even if just for the heck of it - feels somewhat 90s or early 00s. But I guess that is done on purpose so that puzzles would not become too easy in some cases. After all we are taken to a lab environment, meaning it is controlled.

Is this the best game ever? Matter of taste. But it is definite 10 points and makes my personal list of the best games ever together with HL/HL2, Escape from Butcher Bay, Bioshock and S.T.A.L.K.E.R (this one after all the patches in place and if played in Russian) and perhaps Doom 3. Only these could capture and keep me in their world through entire game and that is how I judge a game.
  35. Apr 30, 2011
    Portal 2 is quite simply damn near perfect! Incredibly entertaining. Most definitely the funniest gaming experience I've ever had. The voice acting is bar none the best I've ever experienced. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and knowing VALVe, I know there is much more to come. That being said, my first of two real complaints are the total length of the actual campaigns, which, knowingPortal 2 is quite simply damn near perfect! Incredibly entertaining. Most definitely the funniest gaming experience I've ever had. The voice acting is bar none the best I've ever experienced. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and knowing VALVe, I know there is much more to come. That being said, my first of two real complaints are the total length of the actual campaigns, which, knowing VALVe, will be remedied with multiple free DLC packages that will most likely end up doubling, if not tripling, the total amount of content the game has to offer, and much of this content will most likely be fine tuned to meet the fans' wishes(VALVe is great like that!) which basically nullifies my first complaint. My second complaint is that the game was at times much too easy, again, I'm sure that VALVe will feed us some much tougher content in the coming months, but I think it would have been a great idea to incorporate a difficulty setting right off the bat, in the form of a sort of "realism mode"(sort of like L4D2), where you can choose to eliminate all the visual cues, the hints, etc. I have never given a perfect score to any game, and while I do not really believe it deserves a perfect 10(yet), I will score it so for lack of other options seeing as I believe it deserves a 9.5. Long live VALVe! ~ PS: Hated seeing a bunch of really negative reviews within 3-4 hours of release, these trolls and haters were ranting on about a game they could not have possibly finished within that time frame. Is there no way to ban such people from giving reviews? Expand
  36. Apr 20, 2011
    Cynical humour, challenging mazes, good graphics, new content, co-op ability. Runs good on an older high end machine (unlike the C.O.D. crap...). This beats the original in every way. Definitely a 9 out of 10.
  37. Apr 24, 2011
    If this game was just an expansion of the first portal, then I would have been dissapointed. However, Portal 2 offers additions: reflection cubes, various coloured paint, wall/bridges & pull/push beams to keep the gameplay varied and ultimately this game has very impressive level design. I didn't find the game that amusing, but there are more lines from NPC's to make you smile. I thinkIf this game was just an expansion of the first portal, then I would have been dissapointed. However, Portal 2 offers additions: reflection cubes, various coloured paint, wall/bridges & pull/push beams to keep the gameplay varied and ultimately this game has very impressive level design. I didn't find the game that amusing, but there are more lines from NPC's to make you smile. I think this game is far superior to the original and I highly recommend it. Expand
  38. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is awesome. Really, ignore these BS trolling reviews. This game is, by far, the best release of 2011. I am seriously in love with the COOP. I had the most fun in the multiplayer with my friend. So creative, innovative and fun. I typically don't review games on metacritic, but this game deserves a review way higher than a 7.6 (the freaking trolls are annoying). Also, this game hasThis game is awesome. Really, ignore these BS trolling reviews. This game is, by far, the best release of 2011. I am seriously in love with the COOP. I had the most fun in the multiplayer with my friend. So creative, innovative and fun. I typically don't review games on metacritic, but this game deserves a review way higher than a 7.6 (the freaking trolls are annoying). Also, this game has no DLC, it has items that HAS NO EFFECT ON GAMEPLAY that you can purchase). BUY IT. Expand
  39. Apr 21, 2011
    This is the perfect game. With good story and (for me) best than every byte of Half-Life. And those who gives low notes, stop. The only thing that make me so happy is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. A perfect 10.0.

10.0
  40. Apr 22, 2011
    I had a lot of fun playing the tutorials in this game. The little flying robot cracks me up with its British accent. The level design is brilliant and I am sure everyone can have some fun at some point.
    Although this is a FPS, it's more of a puzzle game. Once you get that concept, you won't complain that you are not obliterating lively things. * Does not worth the full retail price to me thou, this game has no replay value at all and it's short. Once you beat it, you wouldn't want to play again because you already knew all the solutions *
  41. Apr 29, 2011
    Fantastic game. Easily the funniest and best written game in history and one of the best games ever made period. Portal 2 is fun, smart and gorgeous. The people on metacritic who are rating it low because of a supposed "4-6 hour" campaign are either lying or stupid or both. The single player campaign took me 8 hours to play through on my first go and the Coop took about 7. That's 15 HoursFantastic game. Easily the funniest and best written game in history and one of the best games ever made period. Portal 2 is fun, smart and gorgeous. The people on metacritic who are rating it low because of a supposed "4-6 hour" campaign are either lying or stupid or both. The single player campaign took me 8 hours to play through on my first go and the Coop took about 7. That's 15 Hours of one of the greatest games ever, don't be an idiot, and buy it. Expand
  42. May 16, 2012
    Game is brilliant. You have to think, you have deep climate and smart humour. Playing Portal 2 I had some minor irritations (a brief feeling of being forced into prolonged series of tests, generally against the plot, just to make game-play longer), but I instantly forget them just when the outstandingly high level of humour appeared again and again and again... :D Sentenced like "BitGame is brilliant. You have to think, you have deep climate and smart humour. Playing Portal 2 I had some minor irritations (a brief feeling of being forced into prolonged series of tests, generally against the plot, just to make game-play longer), but I instantly forget them just when the outstandingly high level of humour appeared again and again and again... :D Sentenced like "Bit bigger than I expected. Not going to be able to just, you know, push it over. Have to apply some cleverness" or "I'm in space" are just unforgettable :D And the ending... OH. MY. GOD. :D

Cant wait for Portal 3!
  43. May 20, 2011
    Portal 2 brings back Aperture Laboratories in a whole new world and new characters. It's unforgettable and funny while testing the player's brain at mind bending puzzles. It's an awesome game that tests the brain while having the awesomeness of an action/adventure game. Portal 2 will encourage players to use their brain to solve these mind bending puzzles, a perfect game to ensure brainPortal 2 brings back Aperture Laboratories in a whole new world and new characters. It's unforgettable and funny while testing the player's brain at mind bending puzzles. It's an awesome game that tests the brain while having the awesomeness of an action/adventure game. Portal 2 will encourage players to use their brain to solve these mind bending puzzles, a perfect game to ensure brain usage during the summer unlike mindless killing games. Expand
  44. Aug 9, 2011
    Great game for $10 but not much more. It was quite easy to beat the sp version in about 3 hours, just look for the white walls. Co-op is horrible if you don't speak portugese, spanish or german. If you don't have a microphone your games will end abruptly due to the inability to exchange tactics resulting in the other player disconnecting due to frustration. It should have been 3x as longGreat game for $10 but not much more. It was quite easy to beat the sp version in about 3 hours, just look for the white walls. Co-op is horrible if you don't speak portugese, spanish or german. If you don't have a microphone your games will end abruptly due to the inability to exchange tactics resulting in the other player disconnecting due to frustration. It should have been 3x as long to keep my interest and incorporated all the game mechanics in all areas. It seemed divided as if different developers made their own concepts yet did not collaborate to bring the entire experience together. I didn't approve of the negativity and condescending nature of the female voice, after listening to Cave Johnson's commercials. Expand
  45. Sep 28, 2011
    I don't really give a damn about DLC from the start or any thing that all the negative reviews have been spouting off. Portal 2 is probably one of the best looking games Valve has put together thus far. The story is well told and characterizes the diabolical antagonist from the first game, GlaDOS to a phenomenal degree. Voice acting is top-notch. The sections where Cave Johnson speaks hadI don't really give a damn about DLC from the start or any thing that all the negative reviews have been spouting off. Portal 2 is probably one of the best looking games Valve has put together thus far. The story is well told and characterizes the diabolical antagonist from the first game, GlaDOS to a phenomenal degree. Voice acting is top-notch. The sections where Cave Johnson speaks had my side-splitting the whole way. But the game still isn't quite as tight and stellar as the predecessor. If it wasn't for the fact that it was Portal's sequel, I'd probably consider it perfect. But one can't help and compare it to the first. When you do, Portal was just tight and everything that was needed for it to work was there with no extra filler. Portal 2, however, just has so much packed into it. While I appreciate Valve for putting this exceptional piece together, it just isn't the same. I even feel like because of how Portal 1 taught us the basics so well, that Portal 2 just felt easier. The co-op was, obviously, a bit more challenging than the story mode. I want to go back to it soon and finish getting the achievements for it. But the problem is that unless the PS3 guys can download custom maps (which I don't think they can) then the PC guys will stick to their own kind because they'll want to change it up from time to time and not play the same maps and the same puzzles all the time. In short, an amazing game that I wish packed a more focused punch in terms of game play and challenge. But it is still worth buying if you haven't yet. Expand
  46. Dec 30, 2011
    The singular fun of the Portal series is the mischief value of a portal gun. You can use it because you're too lazy to run down a hall, you can use it to dump your enemies onto one another, you can bypass whole swaths of the map simply because you spotted a clean surface to work with. The curious thing is, while Portal 2 seems to want to bust you out of the chamber-to-chamber mode ofThe singular fun of the Portal series is the mischief value of a portal gun. You can use it because you're too lazy to run down a hall, you can use it to dump your enemies onto one another, you can bypass whole swaths of the map simply because you spotted a clean surface to work with. The curious thing is, while Portal 2 seems to want to bust you out of the chamber-to-chamber mode of thinking, the gameplay itself is often far more restrictive. There are times when the only portable surfaces are the ones critical to the solution, and that just takes the fun out of finding them. The gels alleviate this plight after a while, but, I still would have liked to see more flexibility. Even if it means I fall into space once in a while because I've chosen the wrong bit of the ceiling and wasn't thinking with both portals ;) Co-op mode was so much better, especially since we could juggle one another, fling one another into space, and generally cause incredible mayhem for one another when we felt rambunctious. We really had to work and think together, and that made this game brilliant. The free DLC made it even better, and I want tons more co-op missions for this game. The co-op story was a bit disappointing, but, the missions themselves more than made up for it. We can't get enough of Science! Expand
  47. Jun 22, 2012
    Simply a 10/10. Even if my computer is crap when it comes to these kind of games, I'm still stunned at its quality, which is amazing. The amount of upgrades this game received compared to the original is endless, and the final boss is one of the most epic bosses ever.
  48. Jan 23, 2013
    This game is not only Valve's masterwork, but one of, if not the, greatest video game I have ever played i
    my life. It is beautiful (even though it runs on a now nine-year old engine), innovative, and perhaps most of all, hilarious. This game is one of the few to make me laugh, cry (not really), and fell like a complete genius, sometimes all at once. It has a brilliant script, and everything GlaDOS, Cave, and Wheatly have to say is golden. If you have even a passing interest in gaming, or even if you don't, you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece. I really cannot recomend this enough
  49. Mar 21, 2013
    Before Portal I've never played any puzzle game before, but I saw people love it so I caught it on sale.
    Portal 2 is amazing, funny, long and interesting. The plot was interesting and unpredictable and the graphics proved that the Source engine can also be pretty. Now with the workshop evolved too, Portal 2 is simply a stream of endless fun. I highly recommend.
  50. Mar 28, 2013
    Nice game, nice story.At some levels you have to think a lot for the solution, but this is what makes it fun.Graphics are quite good considering that its working with Source
  51. Aug 9, 2013
    This game has a great story, which will keep you playing for hours or even days. Also, the Co-Op function will add to this play time when you have a friend to solve puzzles with. And as an PC exclusive, the Puzzle Maker will add endless possibilites to have fun. Definitely best game of 2011.
  52. NLS
    Jan 21, 2014
    Portal 2 easily goes in any "top games of all times" list. Easily.
    Looks still look current (it's out a few years already), the sense of scale, the actual idea of portals, solving the levels and still taking part in an evolving story while learning things about the Valve universe. Fantastic.
    Portal 2 easily goes in any "top games of all times" list. Easily.
    Just fantastic. Hope they make Portal 3 some day. Although knowing how they work with sequels... It might be for my kid.
  53. May 4, 2014
    One of the best game I ever played. Incredible graphics and full of action. I was amazed when I saw the improvements of the source engine. It's way better than the first Portal. I really had fun when I played in the chapters with those gel things. I can't wait for Portal 3!
  54. Nov 18, 2014
    The good:
    - top notch voice acting
    - possibly the funniest, cleverest dialogue I've ever experienced in a game - a physical world that works nearly flawlessly - nothing is dumbed down, making the more challenging puzzles incredibly gratifying when you solve them The bad: - even when you "solve" the puzzle (e.g. figure out what needs to be done), some challenges are incredibly
    The good:
    - top notch voice acting
    - possibly the funniest, cleverest dialogue I've ever experienced in a game
    - a physical world that works nearly flawlessly

The bad:
    - even when you "solve" the puzzle (e.g. figure out what needs to be done), some challenges are incredibly finicky in terms of how precise you need to be to perform the required actions, making it frustrating. I solved the damn puzzle! Let me out!
    - puzzle after puzzle can get a bit monotonous when your companions are absent and the dialogue diminishes
  55. Feb 21, 2015
    If you dont like this game then go eat a potato. Thisqs game is awesome. Beterer than half-awful-game-not-life-2 this game i like. I always watch a walkthrough i enjoy everything in this portal. Even better than poratal origunal. Go buy this game it awesome. My krabord is notbroken jhst i typereally fast so tgere are many mistakes!
  56. Mar 31, 2015
    A puzzle game? No - it's something like point-and-click game as for me. There's no challenge filling at all. You complete the game very quick. The gameplay is very linear and monotonous. There's no gameplay at all!
  57. Apr 19, 2011
    This is the first 10 score I have given, and most likely the last. I have never played a game that is so charming, clever, humourous and engaging all at the same time. It's Portal, totally revamped and made into a true game, and is a shining example of Valve's quality. While the puzzles are a little harder, and there are more elements to work with as you progress like the repulsion gel,This is the first 10 score I have given, and most likely the last. I have never played a game that is so charming, clever, humourous and engaging all at the same time. It's Portal, totally revamped and made into a true game, and is a shining example of Valve's quality. While the puzzles are a little harder, and there are more elements to work with as you progress like the repulsion gel, they don't take that long to figure out. It is a lot longer than the original, 4 hours in and it doesn't seem like the end is in sight. With twists in the plot, beautiful graphics, funny dialogue, and gameplay you won't forget, simply look no further. Ignore the moronic whinging by the trolls, you will thoroughly enjoy this game. Expand
  58. May 17, 2011
    Superb game. Well paced single player experience, with the best storytelling, level design, art design, humour, dialogue and voice acting in a video game I can ever recall. And a terrific ending. While the game engine is starting to show its age, the game still looks very nice, with some fantastic special effects, and the direction and animation of the scripted events is spectacular. ButSuperb game. Well paced single player experience, with the best storytelling, level design, art design, humour, dialogue and voice acting in a video game I can ever recall. And a terrific ending. While the game engine is starting to show its age, the game still looks very nice, with some fantastic special effects, and the direction and animation of the scripted events is spectacular. But how is it as a game? Truth be told, the game is a bit short at 8-10 hours for single player, and a further 4 hours or so for coop. However this is offset somewhat by the fact you will have a massive grin on your face the entire time. The single player puzzles are a tad on the easy side, with the game choosing to add new puzzle elements rather than ramp up the difficulty and complexity of puzzles. But it's always fresh and fun, and it's still hugely satisfying to solve. The coop missions are a bit more tricky, and it's very fun to bring about the demise of your partner in hilarious ways (eg carrying a turret around to shoot them with!), but nothing here is so difficult it will have you rage quitting. Sadly absent from this game are the challenge chambers from the first game. Once you've finished the game, there's little incentive to go back, except to experience the excellent voice acting over again, or to find new ways to 'accidently' destroy your partner in coop. Plus you can only resume the game from a save point, there's no option to skip back to individual chapters or test rooms in the single player game. The DLC is limited to overpriced customizations for your coop 'bots, so don't waste your time there. Plus it's just downright rude to sell DLC from day 0. Any content available from day 0 should be in the game that's shipped, it's cheap to try and gouge customers of more cash from the beginning. I do hope that new challenge chambers or more 'parallel' adventures will be released for Portal 2 in a future update, the game really suffers in longevity because of it. How about a random test chamber generator? But niggles aside, Portal 2 is the best gaming experience I've had for a long, long time. It could have had more bells and whistles, but it's still worth 10/10. Expand
  59. Apr 20, 2011
    Can I remember the last time I had so much fun playing a game? Yes. But that's not the point. Now Portal 2 is here and does literally everything bigger and better than the first part. Now, where do I start? The writing? Brilliant. Better than most books. The characters? Rivaled only by the character quality you find in Rockstar games. The story? Extremely well done. The levels? Much moreCan I remember the last time I had so much fun playing a game? Yes. But that's not the point. Now Portal 2 is here and does literally everything bigger and better than the first part. Now, where do I start? The writing? Brilliant. Better than most books. The characters? Rivaled only by the character quality you find in Rockstar games. The story? Extremely well done. The levels? Much more diverse than in Portal and partly really challenging even for Portal veterans. The newly introduced mechanics? Genius. I can't wait for user created maps featuring all the new gadgets and technology in Portal 2. The length? Well, what do you expect from a first person action puzzle game? It's honestly a bit short but luckily the PC versions of Source games will always have creative minds on the Source SDK doing their job to keep you going back to the games. Oh, and what about the graphics and requirements? Stunningly beautiful and ridiculously low. You can basically run this on anything that operates with electric power, and it'll look great on any detail, partly thanks to the very nice art direction.
    My verdict? I will lose faith in humanity if this game won't be at least in the top 3 PC games of the year. If you're a cheapskate you might want to wait for it to drop in price but in any way I fully recommend this for purchase as soon as possible.
  60. Apr 19, 2011
    Simply the best Valve game ever. It took the brilliance and innovation of Portal and formed it into an actual full fledged title.

Proof that Valve still dominates PC gaming and knows how to bring the public high quality titles.
  61. Apr 19, 2011
    Simply amazing.

The game easily improves everything in the old one.

The characters are great, the environments are varied, gameplay is fun and has a lot of twists with the different gels and stuff.

co op mode is a blast, and easily the most fun Ive had online this year (Even better than Magicka).

If you loved Portal 2, youll love this even more.
  62. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is awesome. If you liked Portal, even a little, get this. Even if you didn't like Portal, it is worthwhile. It is hilarious, fun, tough but not too tough that you won't play. And multiplayer is a total blast. So much fun figuring out the puzzles while sabotaging your friend at the same time. Sure, the in game purchases are annoying, but that doesn't impact gameplay, and I justThis game is awesome. If you liked Portal, even a little, get this. Even if you didn't like Portal, it is worthwhile. It is hilarious, fun, tough but not too tough that you won't play. And multiplayer is a total blast. So much fun figuring out the puzzles while sabotaging your friend at the same time. Sure, the in game purchases are annoying, but that doesn't impact gameplay, and I just pretend it isn't there. Best game of the year so far. Expand
  63. Apr 20, 2011
    FIRSTLY THIS GAME IS AWESOME! I have played the first and the humor and atmosphere is just the perfect mix for some of the best game play ever. I would recommend you read more reviews and get a more non-subjective view as many people are unhappy about certain reasons and taking it out on the game which is a bit unfair. It deserves a 10 and will get one from me.

I know valve did

I know valve did disappoint with the ARG which I might add I participated a lot of time to, but I have to admit it was the only reason I purchased the p0tat0 sack games, of which I have absolutely have no regrets about. The games are worth the money and very fun and I would not have purchased otherwise which is why valve did it (also the money before you criticise me) and I am glad they did it! SO THANKS VALVE FOR THAT OPPORTUNITY! Some games need a bit of support and valve took the initiative in their marketing, albeit they should have explained at least a little with regards to the ARG.

Regarding the DLC, they are SKINS and SUCH are for the robots and not games extensions of any sort!!!!!!!!! So please leave them out of you STUPID reviews! BTW when did the game say MULTIPLAYER at any point? CO-OP game-play is what they said and what it is, this is not a CoD game people please.

Also the game does not take 4 hours to finish which some other silly people have wrote about, it takes over 6 hours+ first play though depending on your skill and intelligence but STEAM is not recording the time properly as mine says 91 minutes where as another program (Raptr) says I have played 7 hours worth ATM, more if you soak up the environment and generally enjoy the game and not just rush through everything like some people.

Also some people are just displeased they could not play the game early and also regarding the price which is area related as the UK price with 20% off was only 24.00 pounds so about $39ish, so do not blame valve for pricing when it is usually dealt with by retailers also valve has to hike prices on the on-line service otherwise it would suffer competition issues with governments!

This is an excellent game and deserves a bit more respect from the non-gamers and people who are just generally critical about anything and everything.
  64. May 9, 2011
    Enjoyed the atmosphere and settings of the game and puzzles were really satisfying. Just finished a single player and final boss was very very easy puzzle compared to some other puzzles of the game. It's quite long game as for fps puzzle and well worth the money spend.
  65. May 12, 2011
    There's no magic inside, just the stuff I would expect from any serious studio. Paradoxically, its still an exception. Considering the garbage thrown at us from all sides, Portal 2 is creating contrast and deserves 10+.
  66. Jun 10, 2011
    This game really is a work of art. Everything from the controls, to the graphics (which I think look fantastic for this kind of game) and even the levels. The levels feel challenging, but not to the point where you may think it's impossible. The VO is absolutely stunning. Everything in this game is amazing! It's also made by Valve who are my favourite video game developers of all time.This game really is a work of art. Everything from the controls, to the graphics (which I think look fantastic for this kind of game) and even the levels. The levels feel challenging, but not to the point where you may think it's impossible. The VO is absolutely stunning. Everything in this game is amazing! It's also made by Valve who are my favourite video game developers of all time. This is an absolute must buy for all ages. Expand
  67. Jul 15, 2012
    First time I give 10/10, I grabbed this game for 4 EURs and was one of a most engaging gaming experience I had in years. Negatives are about shortness or easiness of story line, but since game has extras and community maps its actually infinite challenging fun therefore anyone giving it less than 10.0 isn't familiar with game mechanics enough. Do some research before bashing. Thanks.
  68. Sep 28, 2012
    It's an amazing game, I don't feel as if I need to explain myself. Valve puts time into their development, and it shows. Valve isn't like other crap companies (cough cough Infinity Ward). 10/10!
  69. Jul 17, 2013
    Portal was fun, it has some good puzzles but it was WAY too short! Portal 2, on the other hand, is a much longer, much better game. The writing was great, the humor fit well with the game and kind of made fun of the fact Chell can't talk. New mechanics are introduced all the time, keeping the game fresh. The puzzles were all different, some involve manipulating turrets, and some had youPortal was fun, it has some good puzzles but it was WAY too short! Portal 2, on the other hand, is a much longer, much better game. The writing was great, the humor fit well with the game and kind of made fun of the fact Chell can't talk. New mechanics are introduced all the time, keeping the game fresh. The puzzles were all different, some involve manipulating turrets, and some had you spamming goo everywhere. But Portal 2 is not perfect. Some of the puzzles weren't very fun as they were either WAY too easy or just not creative enough, but luckily the great puzzles are enough the forgive the flaws. And one of the biggest features of Portal 2 is multiplayer. And no it's not just playing through the exact same game except the players only control 1 portal, it's an entirely new game, filled with new 4-portal puzzles and funny gestures. Oh yeah, did I mention you play as Robots?! The interactions with GLaDOSE are really cool because you are robots. The multiplayer is basically it's own game!

From the great puzzles, humor and multiplayer, this game definitely deserves a 9.3/10.
  70. Dec 3, 2013
    portal 2... what can i say guys. this game is one of the best games out there and its so worth the price.
    i would recommend you to buy it and when you are done you will see what i mean. this game deserves a place in your library. get it now!
  71. Aug 30, 2013
    The gameplay is better than the first game because they added some new elements to the game. But the best thing from this game is the story. You'll be shocked when you know the true relationship between Chell and GLaDOS.
  72. Oct 15, 2013
    A novelty. It's an amazing sequel, an outstanding production made by Valve. The portal concept still continues to appeal me after all this time, and the puzzles are way more complex and fun than the first game, which could take an hour to complete if you had played it already. This time, this game is on average a 6 8 hour game the first you play it, which is indeed expect-able for aA novelty. It's an amazing sequel, an outstanding production made by Valve. The portal concept still continues to appeal me after all this time, and the puzzles are way more complex and fun than the first game, which could take an hour to complete if you had played it already. This time, this game is on average a 6 8 hour game the first you play it, which is indeed expect-able for a typical Valve game, although the game can be 4 hours if you're skilled. The graphics, engine, concept, characters, voices... they're all amazing! Oh, and did I mention there's a co-op storyline? And with the recent updates Valve has made, like customly made Portal 2 maps, the fun never ends, with dozens and dozens of community-made maps that will keep you portaling for hours! This game is definitely worth the 20 bucks, and even the 50 bucks it once was. (Well, now it is with the community-made maps!) Expand
  73. Jan 14, 2016
    I loved to try the portal series it was a really good series of 2 perfectly made games the story is amazing and the cast of characters are just awesome especially GLaDOS and the ending is not bitter sweet its just a fitting ending plus the game play is also very amazing the puzzles are good but only one point i had to mention this game is good from the story and suspense perspective butI loved to try the portal series it was a really good series of 2 perfectly made games the story is amazing and the cast of characters are just awesome especially GLaDOS and the ending is not bitter sweet its just a fitting ending plus the game play is also very amazing the puzzles are good but only one point i had to mention this game is good from the story and suspense perspective but game play give it a 9/10 but still this game is good if you like challenging but not so hard puzzles try portal story and better graphics and fun puzzles portal 2 oh and there is no cake here but humor fantastic. Expand
  74. Aug 28, 2015
    This by far is one off my favorite games. The story is great, characters are well scripted, levels are well made (it's Source Engine, what do you expect..), the puzzles do challenge you, the cooperative mode is very well planned for two players. I recommend this game.
  75. Dec 30, 2016
    Exciting puzzles, a psychotic AI, and a dark, twisted story that holds many secrets are three elements that valve exceeded in. It's simply a masterpiece as it both extends and improves on Portal 1 by adding more life and humour to the game, which all in all give the player a blast of a time. Worth every cent.
  76. Apr 22, 2011
    Brilliant. An example of gaming done right, without resorting to violence yet still exciting. Imaginative and intelligent plot, music and gameplay with equal parts drama, introspection, loneliness and action. And comedy, of course!
  77. Jul 16, 2011
    Definitely not worth the $50 that Valve's been selling it for. Glad I got it during its half-off sale. For the amount of gameplay you get (8 hours for me) and the overall quality of the game, $30 is a more reasonable price. But that's if they didn't then shake you down for co-op robot customization DLC. As others have pointed out, the polish of this game is phenomenal; the models,Definitely not worth the $50 that Valve's been selling it for. Glad I got it during its half-off sale. For the amount of gameplay you get (8 hours for me) and the overall quality of the game, $30 is a more reasonable price. But that's if they didn't then shake you down for co-op robot customization DLC. As others have pointed out, the polish of this game is phenomenal; the models, textures, environments, and animations are all top-notch work and quite believable. The puzzles are generally very good and I liked all the new mechanics that were added. I wish there were a few more puzzles with the gels plus some of the more traditional mechanics, though. The part that bums me out the most about Portal 2 is the story. It's very convoluted and gets rather stale towards the end. Unlike the first Portal, the story breaks into what I think is the main draw of the game, the puzzles, too much. Expand
  78. Apr 19, 2011
    I had super high expectations for thing game, and it exceeded them in every way. This is why I play games. Beautiful graphics, funny dialogue, pure fun to play. In one word, amazing.
  79. Apr 21, 2011
    Simply amazing. I doubt even Episode 3 will beat such a masterpiece as this. Thank you, Valve, for another incredible game.

I don't care if you're a woman, a pensioneer or a.. Baby.. This game is worth the price and more.
  80. Jun 24, 2011
    I have a few things to say and I will say them in a fashion trolls will understand.
    1: Not 3 hours u mad?
    If you played the game, you would discover its 8-10 hours at the minimum. 2: DLC is optional u mad? Sure, there is a total, in the Robot Enrichment store, of $80 worth of DLC, but it is all optional, the only change to the gameplay experience you get, is a nice hat or a glow trail on
    1: Not 3 hours u mad?
    If you played the game, you would discover its 8-10 hours at the minimum.
    2: DLC is optional u mad?
    Sure, there is a total, in the Robot Enrichment store, of $80 worth of DLC, but it is all optional, the only change to the gameplay experience you get, is a nice hat or a glow trail on your robot. And any DLC that actually is created to extend gameplay by VALVe, is free on steam, and about 2 dollars on consoles.
    3: Not a console port u mad?
    Firstly, a console port? Are you Fuc*ing kidding me? VALVe started making games for the PC. The only reason they started making games for consoles is because gamers shifted to consoles. If there were still the number of gamers on the PC as there were in 2002, people would know Fallouts 2 and 1 existed, that VALVe made Left 4 Dead, and that the internet is serious business.
    4: Too expensive u mad?
    first, all videogames these days start at 60 bucks. The last game I saw that released at something that wasn't $60 was Red Dead Redemption, which released at $90. So you are getting a good deal here.
    5: Bad voice acting u mad?
    Bad voice acting? Bad voice Acting?! This has the greatest voice acting I have heard in a recent videogame. Here, I will quote 4 games, then two portal quotes.
    1: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    "Ramirez, go take down that chopper!"
    2: Call of Duty: Black Ops: Zombies!
    "Dempsey: Kickin' ass and makin' messes!"
    3: Duke Nukem: Forever
    "I'm kickin' ass and chewin' bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum."
    4: Portal 2 quote number one:
    "Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that. Don't let that "horrible person" thing discourage you. It's just a data point. If it makes you feel any better, science has now validated your birth mother's decision to abandon you on a doorstep." -GLaDOS
    5: Portal 2 quote number 2:
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" -Cave Johnson
    I believe I have just proven my point on voice acting.
    6: Lol bad level design u mad?
    Okay, first of all, at least you have room to move around in this game. In all the other games out today, your either on a flat stretch of land with enemies shooting at you from all sides, or your in a cramped corridor, with enemies shooting at you from all sides.
    7: Trololol shi*ty graphics u mad?
    Who cares if the graphics are aged? Thats the same thing as saying you would, right out of high school, living in a studio apartment, buy the 500,000 dollar brand new, 2012 model car, when it would be practical to buy the 2006 model, 15,000 dollar car. Thats the main reason new games are so expensive and take so long to release. There is alot of work put into the engine, but no work into everything else.
    Cave Johnson were done here.
  81. Apr 27, 2011
    My opinion:
    Gameplay - 9/10 - I enjoyed this game much more then any other i have played in recent memory.
    Length - 7/10 - I got 6 - 7 hours worth out of the single player, taking my time to become engrossed. as well as 5 hours to complete the Co-op and a few hours listening to the developers commentary. Story - 10/10 - brilliant, everything i expected from a valve title and more.
    My opinion:

Story - 10/10 - brilliant, everything i expected from a valve title and more.

Innovation 3/5 - not really anything that wasnt covered in Portal, except for the new gels.

Graphics - 3/5 - Many games with much more advanced graphics, but the source engine has dated extremely well.

Overall - 8/10 - A very fun and funny addition to the Portal franchise.
  82. Apr 3, 2012
    Good, but not great. Voice acting great. Puzzles too easy. Next to zero replayability. Some good additions from the first game. Where are the steps/portals/time challenges? Only good value for money if you can get it cheaply. Very funny in parts.
  83. Jun 17, 2011
    If there is such thing as a perfect sequel, this is it. Truly unbelievable. That's all you need to know. I had to add more to fir the 150 character limit, so I'll just quote GLaDOS. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.
  84. Apr 21, 2011
    Loving every second. Aperture labs has been recreated wonderfully, the character and stories surrounding the place have been incredibly well fleshed out and I'm still finding myself wandering around feeling really clever when i complete challenges or tasks in a way that I think is novel or smart but actually turns out to be what I was meant to do all along.
  85. Apr 20, 2011
    Fantastic game. 472/177 give it a positive review. On this site, that's like gold. If you haven't noticed, people often come here to troll. Ignore them, this game is everything portal was. The magic is here, and it feels like a real PC game. Smoothest PC gameplay in years, and looks great. GlaDOS is Just as funny as before, and you get to learn where her personality comes from. FantasticFantastic game. 472/177 give it a positive review. On this site, that's like gold. If you haven't noticed, people often come here to troll. Ignore them, this game is everything portal was. The magic is here, and it feels like a real PC game. Smoothest PC gameplay in years, and looks great. GlaDOS is Just as funny as before, and you get to learn where her personality comes from. Fantastic story. Wish it was a little longer, but that's hard to ask for without waiting a few more years as it takes quite a while to design and test such a game. If you really do expect a longer puzzle based game, that is as GOOD as this one, your $h17 out of luck. Expand
  86. Apr 19, 2011
    Some people's complaints about modern gaming's business models aside Valve's Portal 2 is a game full of dark humor and wonderful character that's easily the best thing you'll have the to opportunity to waste your money on this year.

If you liked Portal you will like this. That's all there is to it. We're done here.
  87. Apr 20, 2011
    Simply put... best game this year by far! All these people who are complaining about "single player is 4 hours and I'm bored now," get some friends with the game and play co-op. Amazingly more difficult then single player and a lot more fun. The only down side to the whole game is the store to buy more outfits, gestures and other things is lame... you are not Zynga, you're Valve!!!Simply put... best game this year by far! All these people who are complaining about "single player is 4 hours and I'm bored now," get some friends with the game and play co-op. Amazingly more difficult then single player and a lot more fun. The only down side to the whole game is the store to buy more outfits, gestures and other things is lame... you are not Zynga, you're Valve!!! Amazing graphics and really fun. Love the computer too in co-op... it tells you that "...the other guy is dragging you down..." while your friend gets some random message... very smart and funny. All your games need this co-op experience. Lastly... Great game again! Expand
  88. Apr 20, 2011
    Maybe I just liked the first portal's story and characters so much that I was bound to be disappointed, but I thought all characters were really poor in portal 2... There are way too many menial tasks instead of puzzles in this game too. A couple of really cool aspects however if though nothing blows you away like in the first game.
  89. Apr 22, 2011
    All I can say is WOW! Brilliant GFX, best voice overs ever in a game, highly immersive, fantastically paced. Again VALVE did a great job with a game that hardly has any faults. I love it and give it 10/10.

For all you guys who don't like the DLC: DON'T BUY IT! It's that easy.
  90. Apr 25, 2011
    Fairly uninspired. Co-op is ill advised, and single player is short and not worth the asking price. Ending was weak, and the middle managed to drag even when the game is only 3 hours long.
  91. May 17, 2011
    Great Game! About twice as long as the first one and it played very well. The story was new and not completely predictable. They added new game play elements that were great and the coop was even better! For everyone that marked this game down for all the day one DLC, the DLC was only costumes. Who really wants the costumes anyways? All in All, I loved this game!
  92. May 26, 2011
    I have never played the original portals so I was new to the whole concept. However I still found the puzzles to be pretty easy until the end. The story is interesting and humorous from start to finish. The graphics is good, for a puzzle game, I mean if the environment is overly complicated it can be too distracting to the puzzle itself. Imagine if you had to find some button in aI have never played the original portals so I was new to the whole concept. However I still found the puzzles to be pretty easy until the end. The story is interesting and humorous from start to finish. The graphics is good, for a puzzle game, I mean if the environment is overly complicated it can be too distracting to the puzzle itself. Imagine if you had to find some button in a field of grass or something but that's not the case here, every piece of the puzzle is obvious except for the solution. Overall this game is fun and entertaining. Well worth the money. Expand
  93. Sep 13, 2011
    Even though I absolutely loved the first Portal,Portal 2 is just plain overrated.It just "surprises" you over and over again.(Just like GlaDoS and her "surprises") Which,apparently,gets boring after a while.

Graphics are quite smooth as you'd expect from a Source engine game,music is great,storyline is good but not as good as the first one.It certainly doesn't deserve a 95 out of 100,maybe 85-90 at max.

I enjoyed it,and the co-op mode is short but fun to play.Has low re-playablity value though.
  94. Jun 23, 2013
    Portal 2 is better than Portal in every way possible. There are more puzzles that are more complicated, a plot with an unexpected twist, online gameplay, and SDK which we can make our own maps with. Portal 1 was great, but Portal 2 is better
  95. Dec 19, 2011
    Good story and great humour and personality, really enjoyable from start to finish. It's quite short, but it's not a full price game so that's okay I guess.

If I had to find a flaw it's that the puzzles could have used a little more variety; there's quite a lot of repetition involved and many of the puzzles just involve using the same handful of tactics in a different combination of ways. As a result the puzzles are kind of easy except for the first couple of times you encounter a new environmental feature and have to figure out how to utilize it. Nitpicking aside though this is a fantastic game and there's nothing I can really say that others haven't already. Definitely worth it.
  96. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is great, but it does drag on a bit. At least in one-player mode. I must admit that I haven't played multiplayer, so I'm giving this game the benefit of the doubt. If i end up playing multi-player and it is fantastic and amazing, I'll come back and give it a '10'
  97. Jun 20, 2012
    I played the original Portal a few months after Portal 2 came out. I really enjoyed Valve's short experiment but I couldn't figure out how Valve would make a full game from a game I thought they couldn't expand on. However, I soon found that Valve, as usual exceeded my expectations. They didn't just make a full game out of a three hour experiment, but they made a puzzle game which neverI played the original Portal a few months after Portal 2 came out. I really enjoyed Valve's short experiment but I couldn't figure out how Valve would make a full game from a game I thought they couldn't expand on. However, I soon found that Valve, as usual exceeded my expectations. They didn't just make a full game out of a three hour experiment, but they made a puzzle game which never gets old with great co-op. The mindbending puzzles always provide a challenge, but are never frustrating. The stellar voice acting from Stephen Merchant as Wheatly was funny and it made me feel like I had an ally. I recommend this game to anyone, male or female, young or old Expand
  98. Nov 13, 2012
    The graphics are acceptable,the History Line is amusing. The game play is a puzzle, but it don't have re playability, the game play in some point is boring, they could put more action.
  99. Oct 30, 2012
    I loved the first Portal so I had to get the second, its an excellent game, it offers more than the first and the humor is spot on, there is not so much I can say about it, the puzzles are great although I found most of them a little too easy and I think some people did complain over that but nevertheless fun, I love Stephen Merchant's brilliant and witty voice acting as Wheatley, remindsI loved the first Portal so I had to get the second, its an excellent game, it offers more than the first and the humor is spot on, there is not so much I can say about it, the puzzles are great although I found most of them a little too easy and I think some people did complain over that but nevertheless fun, I love Stephen Merchant's brilliant and witty voice acting as Wheatley, reminds me so much of Darren Lamb and that's great. If you want a great game, great humor and puzzles to get that brain going then get Portal 2, you will not be disappointed Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)