8.7

1. Apr 25, 2011
    finished the single player the other day. loved it. had a great time. not as long as half life 1 or 2 but not horribly short considering i now have co-op to look forward to. even with just the single player this game was remarkable. story was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the voice acting. Steven Merchant was fun (watch "idiot abroad" btw, very funny). not every puzzle was a brain buster, but i did have to give up on a few and come back to them after a break before i finally figured them out. in the end this is a puzzle game for the masses, so if these arent hard enough for you wait a few months, the mods will be here soon. My biggest gripe is that i didn't realize until after i'd pre-ordered the game on steam, that the best value is the ps3 version. apparently if you buy for ps3, it installs steam, and then you have a cloud copy that can be played on ps3, pc or mac (you can save games across them-as well as play co-op with ppl on other platforms-not xbox though apparently). I don't know that i'll ever want to play on ps3, but i wouldn't have minded the option. maybe if i had someone over that wanted to play split screen. that kind of thing works better on a couch. but in the end i probably would've bought through steam anyway just to show valve in dollars that the pc gamers are still here.

I could care less about the hats. if people will pay for em, go head and sell em valve. just make sure you put the money into Ep3 or HL3 (whichever comes first, preferably sooner rather than later). now if LEVELS were available as DLC on day one, THAT would be something to complain about. And the haters are arguing themselves out of an argument. you cant hate the hats, and then complain that you have to pay for them. just don't buy them, you don't like them anyway! As for the graphical complaints, i agree its not the most impressive glossy finish ever, but it still looks great. I personally am still very much in love with the Source look. I don't know how much further they've technically pushed source past L4D2 but regardless the game world looks really good.

Bottom line, i really enjoyed the single player game, and i'm looking forward to enjoying the co-op starting tonight.

But i would like to say to those who are putting mountains of bad reviews out on recent pc games (or ports). I know you're frustrated (as am I) at the disrespect being paid to the pc gaming community by developers. but now it seems that the anger is blinding and no matter what a game looks like when it comes out, its getting inundated with mountains of "0" reviews for a game that even in the reviewers own description has redeeming qualities. If we are going to tell the developers that no matter what they do, we as a community will see their work as an appalling failure with absolutely no value, what is to keep them trying to satisfy us. All i ask is that we be honest with our criticism (and our praise). and hopefully we can continue to be a cohesive community that they continue to market to in a way that makes us happy. They already have less reason to continue to make great games for us because there's such a huge pool of console gamers that are easier to please. we shouldn't negate what little reason they have to work with us by failing to reward them for good work.

On that note, i wanted to give this game a 10, but since i know i have a chronic case of valve fanboi-itis i figured i should tone down my score to compensate for any possible misperception on my part. Plus i dont like to give 10's. In this I'm an optimist ever hoping for an even better game someday. And i wont give that game a 10 either (unless i see a mountain of unfair zeros that i want to counteract).
  2. Apr 26, 2011
    The game is not flawless, but it is perfect. If you don't want to buy at $49.99 that's understandable, but make sure you do buy it eventually. It is a must play game.
  3. Apr 20, 2011
    These winging comments about the coop costumes and length are idiotic, I can't believe how stupid some of these reviews are. Portal 2 is an amazing game, just want episode 3 now valve!
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    What is with all the Trolls and haters? Finished the game in 4 hours? Did you cheat? Are you just lying? Why are there so many (or so few, but with lots of accounts and too much free time) people with apparent vendettas against Valve? The "DLC" that these whiners are crying about in no way affects game play. They are hats and little dances for Co-Op mode. If you don't want them, don't buy them. It almost seems like they were put in as a joke anyway. Did these crybabies even try the Co-Op mode? As for the game engine, if they would trade in their 15" CRT monitors for something a little bigger and newer, they could see the game with a better resolution. Also, while you're at it, plop down another $50 to get a decent budget video card so you can play at something above minimum. And finally, as for a console port: Clearly, these trolls have not ever played an actual console port, such as Borderlands.

Overall, i think Valve has outdone themselves once again. Yes, there has been some hype, but not enough to warrant this kind of "backlash".
  5. Apr 21, 2011
    Great fun, great humor and great graphic quality, even with the old engine. The ''fluids'' are something that I've never seen before, and the havock works perfectly. I think this is a masterpiece, something different from standard gameplay, but still intuitive and easy to understand. Go on with this kind of innovative games, valve!

Sorry for my bad English .
  6. Apr 19, 2011
    It's got everything that I expected it to have and much, much more, such as... a loading screen between every single level! Huzzah! Oh.. wait... no. I almost forgot that I LOATH loading screens with the passion of a thousand blazing suns!! Seriously, ya think they could have come up with a more clever way of loading each level. Maybe something like, oh I dunno, using opaque windowless elevators like they did in Portal 1??

But, I digress. Ya know, when a few extra loading screens is the only reasonable imperfection that you can find in an otherwise perfect game, then you know you've got yourself a pretty damn epic piece of software. And portal 2 is epic. It's also extremely well polished. I dare speculate that the entire active bug list might fit on one sheet of paper, single sided, and double spaced. Other than a really minor sound stutter at the end of some levels, I've yet to run into anything even resembling a bug.

There's nothing else to say. Valve's crew stuck to the formula and created a squeal that is not only worthy of the original, but also strong enough to stand entirely on its own. Portal 2 is a shoe-in for Game of the Year. This game is a home run in anyone's book.

Bravo, Valve! Bravo.
  7. Apr 19, 2011
    This was a simply amazing game. The writing, dialogue, and gameplay are all top notch. The Co-Op is endless hours of fun, and will continue to be. To address the trolls:
    1. The "DLC" on the Xbox 360 version was added because Microsoft would not allow the In-Game Store that is available on the PC, Mac, and PS3 versions of the game. So, being the generous company that they are, they simply
    combined all the items from the store and included them within an optional DLC package. Those who complain about "Day 1 DLC" are ignorant trolls who don't know any better.

2. The length of the game is not 4 hours, it is estimated at 10-12 hours for the single-player alone. Those who claim to have completed it are flat out lying, or they No Clipped the entire way. Either way, do not listen to ANY user review that claims they finished the game in less than 10 hours. It pains me to see that such a great game is being attacked by a bunch of idiots who jump to conclusions. Listen to the critics on this one, Portal 2 is a masterpiece.
  8. Apr 20, 2011
    Just some pure facts about the game Single player is 5-7 hour long Co-op is 4-6 hours long The "DLC" Is just like the TF2 hat store. It bears no impact in game. The users complaining about buying it expecting content then feeling ripped off are idiots. The "Potato collecting" bears no impact in the game at all and these users got 12 great games for $30. The game is not a console port. The game expands both the universe and gameplay a large amount. It is a completely new game worth every penny.
    DLC will be coming out in the future. The actual content DLC will be free for PC and PS3 gamers, 360 will not receive the DLC.

Overall I give this game a 9/10 it was 10 hours of hilarious laughter for me with an ending that no one saw coming. Pick it up if you enjoy both thinking and comedy. I will actually be giving the game a 10/10 score however to counter many of the trolls giving it a 0/10.
  9. Apr 19, 2011
    I seriously doubt that any of the people panning the game even played it. This certainly tops Valve's first effort with Portal. The game is significantly longer, has much more of a storyline, and is quite a bit more complex than it's predecessor. One of the best games I've played in years. Would recommend.
  10. Apr 20, 2011
    The first Portal was but a taste of things to come, with Valve have succeeding in developing a game better than the original again! I haven't finished the Co-Op yet but from the singleplayer alone I'd rate this game as the best of the year so far. The script is the funniest I've ever heard in a video game to date, I cant recommend this game enough. And I cant thank Sony enough for allowing me to play with some of my Playstation 3 buds. Brilliant from start to finish. Expand
  11. Apr 20, 2011
    I'd like to preface by saying, I have been reading reviews on here ever since steam started including a metacritic score, and lead me to this site. That being said, I have read plenty of reviews on this website prior to almost all my purchases (excluding some preorders that have recently been very hit and miss). The most miserable thing is to read all these reviews, and see about 90% of the posts come from accounts that were just created, and have only 1 review done, and it of course is Portal 2. There are plenty of these accounts made for spamming going around, but DA2 and Portal2 have definitely brought out the worst in blanketing reviews.

The one thing I would urgently stress for readers, is to realize there is an extreme amount of exaggeration for reviews here. With that "disclaimer" aside, I think this game has been great, and I have yet to explore multiplayer. I'm about 90% of the way through the game, and it plays out tremendously. Its single player campaign on average is shorter than most, but is much more engaged than any I have come across in quite some time. The dialogue, the voice acting, the environment, the humor, it all plays a huge roll by taking you into the world and making this game almost feel like an interactive movie. I understand many games try to do the same thing with cinematics and such, but you feel engrossed the entire time. The puzzles are definitely there, and in greater number which is always a plus.

Closing: So many critics here reference the first in the series. So, if you enjoyed Portal, and loved the world that it was, its a no brainer that you should pick this title up. If you have not played the first one, try it out and that will be a determining factor to whether or not you would be willing to spend 50$+ on similar, but very enhanced content.
  12. Apr 20, 2011
    Excellent game!! single-player is long, with many new things,there are some parts very hard and take a while to pass it. Co-op is just amazing, i just can play in split-screen with my friends! cooperative levels are difficult and very innovative. The best game of the year!
  13. Apr 21, 2011
    I was originally mad at all these 0 reviews, before I got deeply into Portal 2. Now I'm just furious. Because the more the game progresses the better it is in my eyes. It's a masterpiece. Anyone who says it's not better than the first is wrong, anyone who says it's a bad game is wrong. Anyone who says it's too short, clearly needs to take it easy and actually listen to dialogue.
  14. Apr 25, 2011
    Portal 2 is a refined Portal 1. Nearly everything was improved from the first game. The puzzles are more interesting, varied, and satisfying to solve. The writing is funnier, more clever, and it's one of the most quotable pieces of media ever. If you liked the first, Christmas has come early. If you didn't, science says that you're a horrible person.
  15. May 2, 2011
    Before i start my review i have to say i'm dissapointed to find out how many STUPID people are out there saying theres DLC that costs over 50 euros, this "DLC" that people call are simple hats,skins and gestures for your co-op charatcer THEY DO NOT EFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL. DLC has been announced by valve for this summer it will feature new SP,CO OP and Chalange levels for FREE. Ok now time for my review, the game has brilliant voice acting and writing, the graphics are not shockingly good(but Still VERY GOOD) but once you check behinde the retail box and find out then this game could run on max settings with 6 year old PC you'll be shocked then valve managed to squeze out so much power from their old 2004 source engine, valve could probably make their old Gold engine look next gen. The SP in the game is 7-8 h long and the Co-Op is around 4 h, both game modes have their own story,characters and hilarious dialog. The game has one of the best endings i've seen in a videogame for a very very looooong time. So my final words are BUY THIS GAME, you won't regret it at all, ignore the stupid negative reviews which are probably just plain trolls. Expand
  16. May 4, 2011
    eh...okay game. Not worth asking price though. I liked Portal, it was fresh. Popping holes in walls is like playing a complicated flash game...i.e. bloons or something. Enjoyable for the mechanic and physics of it all. Portal 2 has better graphics, but was far too easy, and the "hillarious" voice-overs the critics raved about became tiresome and annoying after a few levels. Maybe I have seen too many Ricky Gervais shows, but the expected sarcastic voice work at the start and end of a level never raised a laugh. I WANTED to laugh, I WANTED to love this game, but, in the end, eh...okay game. One of the more overrated games in a long time. I would suggest waiting for the price to drop by at least half before purchasing. Great mechanics, but then again, I get the same sense of joy out of free flash games with good physics. Expand
  17. Jun 17, 2011
    I have only 1 complaint, it felt short. Even with the co-op. But it was a joy to play, hilariously funny, and fairly unique (other than the obvious---you know, the portals). Once you've finished it I'd recommend going through the levels and listening to the developer commentary. There are some very interesting tidbits in there. Also, the Final Hours of Portal 2 (on the iPad) sheds a lot of light on how original game play, new game play elements, and the story came together...almost at the last minute; plus some hints some possible new IP from Value. Expand
  18. Jul 6, 2011
    Put it this way... I absolutely hate all puzzle games. I hate them with a passion that burns like your granny's cystitis. I'd rather pull your teeth out then use them to pull my teeth out than play one.... apart from Portal 2. Okay, so it's replayability is precisely zero, but good lord, is it good on the first run or what? The style is amazing, it gets the brain going without making you want to put your head through a hole in the wall you'd previously made with the head of the game designer, and the compulsion to continue to the next test is likely to cause some seriously bleary eyes at work. Fair enough, if you really can't stomach the idea of a fairly slow moving game that involves more grey cells than it requires to left click then type "lol nub pwnt" (or words to that effect) then avoid this like it's Fukushima Daiichi, but if you want a really unique (excludes the original Portal... obviously), absorbing, and just downright cool game, buy this. 9/10... only due to lack of replayability, the rest is beyond criticism. Expand
  19. May 11, 2011
    Portal 3? perhaps our hero will run into Morgan Freeman in her visit to the outside world, She could get him past locked doors, he can save her from those nasty head humpers. OK maybe not, but Portal 2 single player COULD have been more challenging, but overall is was very entertaining, and the multi player is hilariously fun, although i think my friend mashed me in the first door a few TOO many times, but that's OK I got him back with a ninja portal to the abyss. Expand
  20. May 15, 2011
    Portal 2 is your classic Valve title. It has great actors, humor, and an excellent story. The gameplay is very similar to the original with many innovations. The thing that Valve got the most right was their casting. Every character seemed natural and very developed. o-op was a blast! Playing the game with friends and sometimes sabotaging their efforts was very enjoyable. The two things that kept me from giving this game a 10 were the brevity of the campaign and the lack of inspiration the last few test chambers portrayed. All-in-all a very fun game that I enjoyed quite a bit. Expand
  21. Jun 15, 2011
    I loved Portal... I really did. And I love Portal 2 even more! From cynical little english robot to GlaDOS made into a potato. Whoever invented the thing with the liquids should be prasied. I had fun and can say that the CO-OP is the ONLY real co-op in today's games. The need of thinking in team and solve puzzles is just awesome and practically really hard without a voice chat. I applaud Valve. 10.0 :D

p.s.: Do not mind that it is a bit overpriced! It is certainly worth the price :)
  22. Jul 6, 2011
    The combined experience of the singleplayer and multiplayer campaigns is, quite simply, a prime example of why Video Games can be considered a respectable entertainment medium. Delightful, funny, challenging, and rewarding from beginning to end, Portal 2 offers you and a friend an unforgettable journey through the world of Aperture Science.
  23. Dec 3, 2012
    I must say 10/10! Great job to valve for this one, I played and loved portal 1 but waited until portal 2 went on sale as I expected it to be a short game. That being said the game is worth at least $20! The characters are EXCELLENT they actually made me laugh a few times, much improved from the already great portal 1. The game is longer than portal 1 but took me about 5 hours to complete taking my time and not using any help. There is also a multiplayer component that I have yet to touch which I am sure can add many more hours of entertainment. If your new to portal, definitely play portal 1 first as this is a direct sequel and many things that make this game great (story wise) will be lost to you. The background this game gives you on aperture and why you are there is outstanding and was truly unexpected from me. This is a terrific game for all ages, perfectly polished, great graphics, great story, excellent voice acting/character development with the ONLY con being it is short. With the price tag it carries today it is well worth the price and often goes on sale for $5, I encourage all to buy it. Expand
  24. Aug 12, 2011
    This is very highly overrated. Its not valve's best game. Nowhere close. The first installment of the series was the best. This though has really slow game play, and the trailers are a load of **** But aside from that, i actually really liked it. You see, overloading a game like portal with possibilities destroys it and makes it really mainstream. The storyline is good, but if you don't play the prime installment of portal, you will get lost in a forest of what the hell and starve to death. Expand
  25. Jun 12, 2011
    Too short, too simple, too dumb, too linear. Very irritating. In comparison to Portal 1, there is no improvements at all, menu, settings, graphics, sound, puzzles, story, or way you move, way a portal appear or is controlled are all broken. Even physics is broken. You cannot even kill itself, as there are lots of invisible walls in silly places preventing you from doing this.
  26. Jun 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Although I miss GLaDOS's cake obsession and the Aperture Science High Energy Pellet, I understand what happened to them. So regardless Valve's Portal 2 is an extremely well done sequel to, what turned out to become, the best test of a physics system ever. It not only matched it's predecessor, but surpassed it in the way of length, complexity, graphics detail, story depth, and overall gameplay. It is well thought out, well polished, and addictive. As of now, it's still expensive, but it's worth every penny. So, in short. Portal 2, AWESOME GAME!!!
    Nuff said.
  27. Jul 2, 2011
    The sequel "makes the original look like the prototype it was" by expanding the game in gameplay and story. The graphics and sound are superior even though it's on the source engine .Overall it was a worthwhile game but did not live up to the massive amount of hype it created .
  28. Jul 7, 2011
    Buena historia, buenos escenarios. El juego es corto (no tanto como el anterior) pero muy intenso. La IA de los 2 robots tiene mas personalidad que la mayoría de los humanos de otros juegos. No le doy el 10 porque el modo coop tiene muy pocos niveles oficiales y se hace cortísimo.
  29. Aug 6, 2011
    Portal 2 is really a masterpiece.When I played it first, I said 'Yes! It's a Valve game'.Because there is no game company which can make a game like this.Graphics,puzzles,gameplay,everything is perfect.Characters are very funny.I mean robots.Dialogues and cinematics are hilarious.I'm sure about that,when you finish this game,there will be a smile on your face.
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    The game, being just as challenging as the first, brought me into thinking mode, as i tried to work out the puzzles. the gift of getting passed the task isn't even as rewarding as how pleased i am with myself when i finally figure it out. After every puzzle, i grin, and go on towards the next challenge.
  31. Feb 11, 2012
    With all of the Source Engine epic animations, movement and prop details, Portal 2 is still disappointing those with the less perfect hardware users, and the game itself built in a strange way; In the ending of Portal it clearly seems that the player has managed to escape the aperture science labs.
    and in Portal 2, the player starts right in the building which is half broken and self
    rebuilding after it got shutdown? well, VALVe - Good luck next time! Expand
  32. Jan 18, 2012
    This is an awesome game, but it has it's own faults. It's got some nice brain-straining puzzles, but the lack of direction can mean an extreme amount of trial and error. Compared to the last game, Portal 2 seems a bit too long. The co-op is nice, but I would have liked to see a bit more customization options there. Still, a must buy if you don't already own it.
  33. Mar 4, 2012
    Portal 2 is a great cinematic experience. But as a game and as a sequel to Portal it is horrible.
    Every aspect of the game is inferior to Portal: the writing, the gameplay, the pace.
    There are really no puzzles, just platforming.
    99% of "puzzles" involving shooting the 2 portable wall segments you can see and walking through the closest one, repeat.
    The great cinematics can make it seem
    like you are doing something interesting, but it is all a transparent illusion. Expand
  34. Dec 15, 2012
    A masterpiece. One of the best games I've ever played in my life. It manages to be both dark and atmospheric while maintaining a great dry humor. The gameplay itself is fantastic and very original - it's one of those games that makes YOU feel clever for solving the puzzles.
  35. Jun 1, 2012
    Good characters, well designed puzzles, good voice acting. Multiplayer was a fun new twist and was very refreshing after the singleplayer campaign. Biggest issues with the game stem from it being too short (20 hours with single+multi complete) and puzzles being relatively easy. Also no challenge maps was a bummer, but the steamworks player-made map thing has sated my desire for hard puzzles.
  36. Jun 18, 2012
    Valve has out-done them selves. This game shows the future of valve games. The length of the game is longer than the first and the graphics are a big improvement. the story is hilarious, especially with the company of wheatly; a silly little robot that has no idea what he's doing and of course GlaDos trying to bring you down along the way.
  37. Sep 8, 2012
    It will be hard to make a Portal 3 as good as this is. it's not like the first Portal that you can finish on just some minutes, this was bigger than I thought it would be, and more awesome
  38. Jul 18, 2013
    I'm absolutely taken aback at just how good this game is. I finished the first Portal in just under 2 days, and loved every second of it. Portal 2 is leaps and bounds better than Portal 1, and I didn't think that would have been possible. One of the best games I have ever played, and likely ever will.
  39. Oct 30, 2012
    I loved the first Portal so I had to get the second, its an excellent game, it offers more than the first and the humor is spot on, there is not so much I can say about it, the puzzles are great although I found most of them a little too easy and I think some people did complain over that but nevertheless fun, I love Stephen Merchant's brilliant and witty voice acting as Wheatley, reminds me so much of Darren Lamb and that's great. If you want a great game, great humor and puzzles to get that brain going then get Portal 2, you will not be disappointed Expand
  40. Dec 8, 2013
    Portal 2 is a fun, engaging and truly wonderful experience. The puzzles were well-adjusted on all parameters and so was the soft and humble narrating. Compared to an exciting novel or an alluring painting, Portal 2 contains the best of both and is everything an artful and sly game should be.
  41. Jun 7, 2013
    Portal 2 does the impossible. It makes an already perfect game even more so. The graphics and enviormental art are much more interesting than it's predicessor and adds another humurously dark plot with even more characters. The plot has been expanded to make this a full game unlike portal 1. Better yet there is a co-op mode with a whole slew of maps that are great with friends. And the best part of this game is there are easy map editing tools with the steam workshop, so even when you complete the lengthy single-player and co-op campaigns, you will be given infinite amount of replayability. Defenitly worth the $20 bucks and 150+ hours Expand
  42. May 12, 2013
    Portal2 is a very fun game that gets even better with co-op, i loved it and any fan of the series will too, even new comers. I enjoyed the co-op a little more than the single player because you have more fun playing with someone else.
    The only problem i experienced was that some of the people i played with are retarded.
  43. Jul 17, 2013
    Portal was fun, it has some good puzzles but it was WAY too short! Portal 2, on the other hand, is a much longer, much better game. The writing was great, the humor fit well with the game and kind of made fun of the fact Chell can't talk. New mechanics are introduced all the time, keeping the game fresh. The puzzles were all different, some involve manipulating turrets, and some had you spamming goo everywhere. But Portal 2 is not perfect. Some of the puzzles weren't very fun as they were either WAY too easy or just not creative enough, but luckily the great puzzles are enough the forgive the flaws. And one of the biggest features of Portal 2 is multiplayer. And no it's not just playing through the exact same game except the players only control 1 portal, it's an entirely new game, filled with new 4-portal puzzles and funny gestures. Oh yeah, did I mention you play as Robots?! The interactions with GLaDOSE are really cool because you are robots. The multiplayer is basically it's own game!

From the great puzzles, humor and multiplayer, this game definitely deserves a 9.3/10.
  44. Aug 10, 2013
    The game is absolutely amazing. It has great puzzles, great story and the multiplayer addition makes it just so much better. The puzzles are engaging and require a great deal of teamwork in multiplayer. Definitely a game that is going to take a lot of your free hours.
  45. Nov 10, 2013
    Portal was released by Valve in 2007. It was a weird game with only 3 hours of gameplay and left fans scratching their heads on what the hell they just played. Although it was short and had a simple story (or what we thought was simple), it was very fun. Portal 2 however, brings back what we loved about the predecessor and much, much, much more.

The main story is Chell and her new
    friend Wheatley trying to escape from Aperture Laboratories and to avoid spoilers that is as far as I will go. The backstory is much darker, however, but you will have to find that out yourself. All I will tell you is that it told us that the first Portal game had a much larger story. Back to the main game. The characters aren't forgettable and the story is amazing and is the perfect length of about 7 hours and all the new features are fun as hell.

The atmosphere of this game is the best I think I've ever seen. It makes me want to explore Aperture for myself with the amazing scenery and detail put into pretty much everything.

And even after the games singleplayer is done you can play the co-op story with friends or download custom maps.

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about this game, its one of my favourite games ever.
  46. Jan 17, 2014
    Perhaps the best puzzler of all time, Portal 2 is a must-play. This game is challenging, has an enthralling story, and shows aspects of humor that just add that little bit of extra greatness. Portal 2 deserves the spot of Game of the Year 2011, as many believe.
  47. May 1, 2011
    Reasons to not to buy this game: NONE!!! (unless your husband or wife has recently warned you not to spend too much time on your PC or console playing games.) I have written several reviews on this Forum. But i have never been so enthusiastic about a game like this one. It is fascinating in many ways and great fun to play. Another game completely developed with the player in mind. Excellent value for money. Out of the box innovative, atmospheric puzzling game-play. I have played and enjoyed many good games in my life since the commodore 64 bit pc but this is one i will remember. I think that every year we find about 3 to 5 good games that are really worth buying. This one comes on top of my list list containing: World of goo, ME 3, Crysis 2, Dirt 2 and the Halflife series. Please do not let negative user reviews influence you on not buying this game. It is about 40-50 hours of fun and action on the single player campaign. (I haven't started the coöp mode yet.) Please give me a mark if you find this useful info. ps: There are a few easter eggs hidden in this game, check google if you wish to find them. Expand
  48. Apr 27, 2011
    its a really good game, but its not THAT perfect as stated in the metacritic score. the 95 avg. is a hype score. it maybe deserves a 8.8 oder 9.0 but nothing higher that that. the game has a fantastic beginning and a fantasic ending, but in between it lacks a bit. its getting bored because you run from puzzle to puzzle without beeing really directed for one or two hours. that part was horrible and it was getting on my nerves. but as i mentioned.. overall a fantastisch game that deserves a 9 in my opinion (i'll give it a 9 because the beginning and the ending where one of the best things i ever saw in a video game. so the medicore part in the middle doesn't damage the game that much. with a better middlepart it would easily been a 10) Expand
  49. Apr 19, 2011
    Why are there so many haters? Even if you did manage to complete it quickly, new players will have struggles, some puzzles will take a while, and more importantly: did you enjoy those supposed four hours? Please, don't rate a game because of its length or its completely unneccessary day-one cosmetic DLC. Most games have avatar and dashboard DLC for Xbox day-one as well, the only difference it that you can use it in-game here. Expand
  50. Aug 21, 2011
    Loved the first game. Loved the characters and the story. The puzzles were fun and just the right difficulty, where you might get stuck for 5-10 mins before realizing what to do. Loved this one!
  51. Apr 19, 2011
    This game didn't really live up to the amount of hype created. It seems like a quick buck for valve to found episode 3. The gameplay has been improved from the original and the graphics+sound are superior even though it's on the source engine as well. I found the early puzzles to be amusing but hardly challenging, yet as the game progresses the difficulty is increased largely after the 13th area. Overall it was a worthwhile game but did not live up to the massive amount of hype it created. Expand
  52. Apr 20, 2011
    Loved it! The dialogue is the most humourous I've heard in a long time. I laughed my head of at Stephen Merchant's character. I wasn't as big of a fan of Portal 1 but now I finally understand the hype behind it, Portal 2 is fantastic :)
  53. Apr 19, 2011
    Okay this trolling is getting out of hand. I am going to both review the game and dispell all the lies.

#1 The game is NOT 4 hours long. It has been disproven by many gaming outlets; Rock Paper Shotgun, 1up, Kotaku, etc. On a speed run it takes about 7 hours to beat the SP.

#2. The DLC is ALL cosmetic. They do not charge for any added levels so this motion of you are missing game
    content because it costs money for a hat is ridiculous.

#3. This is NOT a console port. At ALL. The game is amazing and one of the best and most creative games made. Fantastic voice acting, great story, mind boggling gameplay. Better than Portal 1 in every way and the best Valve game yet. Do yourself a favor and buy it!
  54. Apr 24, 2011
    Very good story, only good game. And this "loading screens" often and often - is this game can use RAM or is developed for calculators?
  55. Jul 4, 2011
    This game is awesome. Good graphics, good history, good controls, good coop, good maps, good custom maps.... I already playing custom coop maps. Games with mod-tools are the best ever!!!
  56. Apr 21, 2011
    This game had me laughing from start to finish. The puzzles were well conceived, the writing was brilliant, and the story kept me wanting more. It was reasonably priced, and the co-op adds a nice element to puzzle solving while trying to do it with a friend. There are some obvious trolls in the negative reviews complaining about the "cash shop". The fact of the matter is that it has absolutely no bearing on the game play whatsoever and is completely optional. I still cannot think of a good reason why allowing people to further add to a game that they purchased is a bad thing.... Expand
  57. Jun 1, 2011
    I honestly don't know what else you could ask of this game. It's fun, smooth, and polished. The single player campaign is affecting, and the co-op campaign is both fun and challenging without being frustrating. Some harder maps would be welcome, but that's just a bid to extend the experience; I don't think they're necessary. I felt that it would be impossible to equal the original Portal's greatness, but Valve has managed it. Expand
  58. Apr 19, 2011
    Awesome game. Ignore all the retarded 0./10 reviews.

Very funny and very polished. Highly recommended. Loved it.

Its about 8 hours long not 4 hours.
  59. Apr 19, 2011
    So, I haven't finished the game yet, but I've played a good 2 hours worth and I must say that this game has met all of my expectations so far. Did I mention I've played for 2 hours and still not done? Instead of the 30-60 minutes Portal 1 offered? Valve definitely put a good amount of time into this game. Graphics are just as good as the ones seen on youtube in HD and most, if not all, of the glitches have been taken out of the game. Overall, (so far), Awesome game, definitely worth your money. If your not convinced, go watch all those demo vids on youtube that Valve probably stopped deleting. Expand
  60. Aug 25, 2011
    Best game I've played yet. If someone asked me what was my favourite movie I'd almost say Portal 2, just because it's a movie-like experience with many details everywhere. The game is short but extremely detailed in it's lenght.
  61. Apr 19, 2011
    what is included in portal 2 is brilliant. Trouble is, why has valve become so greedy for money? It is not fair what they are doing with the saga, what happend with good old Valve?
  62. Apr 22, 2011
    The game is great from pretty much every point of view, and compared to the 1st Portal it has a much better length, especially if we include the co-op mode as well. The only problem is that despite it being longer than the 1st Portal it still left me wanting more.

Hopefully that will be compensated with user maps and DLC. Mean wile 9/10.
  63. Apr 20, 2011
    I must admit I am thrilled, I loved the first portal and was very unsure if anything could live up to it. I am happy to say it blew past my high expectations. I love the game, but I am not sure how much replayability there is in it. But still - would not have missed this one for the world. I know there are some murmurs about DLC - but this time its not content, just items that change the looks - thats fine in my book as DLC goes. Had it been levels I would have set the score at 8 Expand
  64. Apr 24, 2011
    This game is is the best game from valve ever, the visuals are unbelivable, the sound is amazing, the puzzles are hard but once you figure it out it you feel smart and love it, the story is unbalivabley awesome, co-op is great ONLY if your friends have it otherwise you dont get to play... otherwise thats good, still this is the most awesome thing ever...of all time.
  65. Apr 19, 2011
    I really don't understand what's with all these bad reviews. Maybe they're trolls who can't stand that this is an EXCELLENT GAME and that DRAGON AGE 2 SUCKS. Deal with it and move on. Yes PC gamer prefers Portal 2 and gave it an editor's pick unlike DA 2. Well, this is an absolutely amazing game and nobody should miss it. doubt it? read the reviews! how could it be bad with some many 100s? 10/10
  66. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is "SIMPLY THE BEST, BETTER THAN ALL THE REST . . ." No but honestly this game is the best game I have bought in I don't know how long and I haven't even tried the co-op. I was laughing so hard through the entire SP. The game also offers a very entertaining storyline . . . it's so good I wish they would write a book about it . . . It may be that this is just my kind of game and I'm writing this review with a little bit of prejudice but in all honesty the puzzles arenâ Expand
  67. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is the best one in its genre, yes you don't kill anyone but thinking with portals makes up for that. Aboslutely Brilliant. Thanks Valve! 10/10
  68. Apr 19, 2011
    Enjoyable as the previous Portal with sections of almost Bioshock like scenery/aura. Dark/sneaky humor still present as ever.

Co-op is a blast, no if and or buts.
  69. Apr 19, 2011
    The carpet bombing of negative reviews are based entirely on lies and misinformation. The game is not short (the single player will take you at least 7-9 hours to beat alone, along with the fairly beefy co-op mode on top of that), there is no day-one DLC that is of any significance whatsoever, and it is not a console port. The writing is funny and fantastic, and the gameplay builds very well on the original. Sad to see people getting their panties in such a knot over nothing. Expand
  70. Apr 21, 2011
    Great puzzle game and great characters. It took me about 8 hours to beat the single player story and I didn't really get stuck anywhere. The puzzles are generally pretty easy if you're familiar with the mindset of how a portal works from the first game. They did introduce some new mechanics with "gels" which stick to surfaces and have modify the surfaces to have special properties. If you're wary of the $49.99 price tag (Steam) because you've never played portal before, I'd suggest picking up the Portal 1 first. If you have played the first portal, I suspect you'll have a similar opinion as you did for the first one because it plays almost the same. I haven't played the co-op mode yet (and probably won't), but the single-player story might get one more playthrough. Also Stephen Merchant is hilarious. Expand
  71. Apr 20, 2011
    Simply put... best game this year by far! All these people who are complaining about "single player is 4 hours and I'm bored now," get some friends with the game and play co-op. Amazingly more difficult then single player and a lot more fun. The only down side to the whole game is the store to buy more outfits, gestures and other things is lame... you are not Zynga, you're Valve!!! Amazing graphics and really fun. Love the computer too in co-op... it tells you that "...the other guy is dragging you down..." while your friend gets some random message... very smart and funny. All your games need this co-op experience. Lastly... Great game again! Expand
  72. Apr 20, 2011
    All I can say is that Portal 2 is a very pleasurable game to play! It's funny,challenging(sometimes easy).
    But I thank valve for not making it a low quality console game port for PC gamers! I don't regret buying this game. And the fact that Valve will release mods tools for it will make this game more amazing!

Portal 2 is a breath of fresh air in an industry full of call of duty wanna
    be's & gives us a FPS that's completely different from anything else!! A Puzzle shooter..

Also why are people mentioning Dragon Lame 2? When The Witcher 2 will stomp it on may 17th?

Valve knows how to make a fun game that is why Dota 2 get's me excited!

But anyway no game is perfect but Portal 2 is good in my book! I'll give it a great score..
  73. Apr 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Without a doubt a 10/10 game. Portal 2 was a fantastic game with great gameplay, story, and voice acting. Furthermore, you don't have to be a twitchy finger FPS fan to love it.

First the gameplay:
    If you enjoyed the puzzles of Portal 1, than Portal 2 will be a seamless fit. The game offers much of the same puzzle mechanisms from the original, but also adds in plenty of new features as the game progresses. Different gels each with their own unique properties; light bridges which sometimes act as make-shift walls; a new box for redirecting lasers; and a tractor beam. With all these new features there were times I even forgot I had a portal gun.

The difficulty will vary from person to person. For me, the difficulty felt hard enough to offer many challenges. Some puzzles had me scratching my head for 10-15 minutes. However, it never felt too overwhelming. Those who played Portal 1 and other puzzle games will have an easier time moving through the game, while beginners may be in for a longer experience. In the sequal There was much less reliance on perfectly timing your portals with quick fingers, and more time devoted to thinking it out and executing it.

The Story:
    The story over all was excellent. Through out most of the game it played out in an engaging and timely fashion. The writing was top notch, and it didn't really feel dull. My only complaint about the game was the transition from the new facility to the older facility. It felt like it dragged on a little bit in the middle. However, the game picked up in the third and final part of the game so it's not a major problem.

Voice Acting:
    Voice acting for the 3 Non Playable Characters was excellent. They are what made the story as enjoyable as it was. Fans of Portal 1 will love GLADOS. Her passive aggressive comments to the main character and her "straight-man" role with Wheatly was spot on. Speaking of Wheatly, he is a bumbling and moronic AI who is absolutely hilarious throughout the entire game. He made me laugh through most of the game. He's voiced by a British comedian, but I can't remember his name. Finally Cave Johnson is voiced by JJ Jameson in the Spiderman movies. Both personalities are the same, so you get the picture.

If you're a fan of puzzle games and you enjoy witty dialogue, Portal 2 is a must buy.
  74. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is awesome. Really, ignore these BS trolling reviews. This game is, by far, the best release of 2011. I am seriously in love with the COOP. I had the most fun in the multiplayer with my friend. So creative, innovative and fun. I typically don't review games on metacritic, but this game deserves a review way higher than a 7.6 (the freaking trolls are annoying). Also, this game has no DLC, it has items that HAS NO EFFECT ON GAMEPLAY that you can purchase). BUY IT. Expand
  75. Apr 21, 2011
    I think this game has too many haters for this type of game, It's original ( unless your counting portal one ) it has a great story line, and it's great for multi player. People say this games levels are very dull, but there original, and a challenge. Most people who play this game have had allot of fun playing it and I have to as I think it is very entertaining. And you could have a outstanding game like COD4 when it was out but yet that is not as fun as say Donkey Kong returns. Most games are known for graphics and what the online play is like. Well really games should be about how much fun you can get in them, how long you will be interested for, and how original they are. So that just proves this is a epic game that will and should be rated as one of the best there is. Expand
  76. Apr 21, 2011
    This game is definitely worth the money. The story feels fresh and fun. This isn't portal 1.5 this is a true sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. Between the co-op and the single player you're going to get somewhere between 10 to 16 hours of some of the best crafted levels in gaming history. A lot of people complain about the cash shop. At first glance I thought it was perhaps a bit of a crock, but since then I've learned that most of the items can be unlocked (already earned 2 myself). It's all just cosmetic stuff anyway. Looking forward to the years of support and free levels this game will receive from Valve. Expand
  77. Apr 21, 2011
    Best Game ever. No question. Anyone who is giving a negative review is more or less the stereotypical gamer always complaining about everything. Well Done Valve. You've outdone yourself.
  78. Apr 21, 2011
    This is the best game out there. So far the story is amazing and I don't want to spoil you with anything. Just enjoy your ride through the Aperture facilities and try to find your way out of this mess. Only 3 games could be better in the future: Episode Three, Mass Effect 3 and Half-Life 3 :D
  79. Oct 8, 2011
    Great story, GREAT characters, and great music. It's somewhat short (finished single player in 6 hours), but I don't see that as a con really - it's a puzzle game and ended right when it should have ended. It didn't end too soon, or drag on... just the perfect timing really.

Everything about this game is just done with a lot of polish.

I only recently finished it (got it on a $15 sale),
    but if I knew it would have been this good I would have bought it on release. This will be a game that will be remembered throughout the times. Expand
  80. Apr 23, 2011
    Well, I partly created Metacritic account just to make sure this game's score is bumped up because people who have scored this game anything but lower than 7 are idiots! They have no legit reason. In reality I'd say this game is somewhere between 8.5-9.5. I wouldn't say 10 though.

First and foremost, the game took 10 hours for me to complete. I am not a puzzle genius and I kind of
    looked for secrets etc. So lets say my ponderings and my secret hunting took another 2-3 hours, you should at least get 7 hours of gameplay easy on the single player. I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet! That is like 3 times the time I got out of Portal 1!!! And anything longer would truly drag this game out. That is the thing. Portal titles, by nature, cannot be very long. Unless the formula has been changed.

Secoondly, I loved the humour, I loved the graphics style, I love the characters and animations, I loved the writing, I loved the ending...I also loved the atmosphere...
    However, in the back of my mind I kept comparing to the first game and at some point the pacing slows down. The new mechanics aren't necessarily given enough gameplay time which makes you a bit craving for more...that and the loading screens (though lasted very short) were a bit of immersion breaker. Valve never used to take people out of the game before, I was surprised to see them.

I don't have a latest system and I played the game at the highest settings of it all with no hitches. Though Source engine doesn't compare to some big names like Crytek, it still looks goddamn good! I'd say performance over potential looks!

Overall, it is a worthy purchase unless you are a person who really can't stand puzzle games and need something to shoot/kill because you will be required to use your brain and won't have any face to face opponents to kill.
  81. Apr 24, 2011
    I can't believe the critical response to this game. They've rated it higher than pretty much any game in history. Are you people serious? Do people really think this game is better then Half-Life 2, Oblivion, Dragon Age Origins, and ME 2? Granted, Portal 2 is a fun puzzle game with clever dialogue, but it's by no means one of the greatest games in history. The puzzles become monotonous towards the end. I thought they should have broken up the pace a bit more with story elements instead of puzzle, puzzle, puzzle, puzzle, story snip-it, puzzle. The presentation was good, the voice acting great, and the graphics were solid. Again, a little more variety in setting would have been nice, but the game is definitely better than average in this department. Overall, I believe the game deserves an 8.5-9. Pro-Reviewers, Save the 9.5-10 scores for the true masterpieces please. Expand
  82. Apr 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 1 was one of my favorite games of all time. Absolutely loved it, but Valve simply can't do glaDos right. In their hands, the game becomes a trite presentation of what was a truly unique world... at least for the first 4 - 5 chapters. Around chapter 5 when you reach the levels designed by the guys who made TAG: the power of paint, the game becomes good again, and the story line in this part is exhilarating and hilarious. I won't spoil the narrator of these gel based missions, but Valve did manage to nail him, his audio dairy raised in various PSAs is just great. Yet, I still feel like the game was flawed, we learn to love glaDos so much, and the other characters are just adorable, but the game still has plot points that fail, such as Wheatley's role as an intelligence inhibitor seems far to convenient. Additionally, they don't build him up as what he is, in actuality a rather clever manipulator, fast enough. The game also jumps out of what are good puzzle based levels and instead puts us on rails so the characters can walk through what are basically cinema scenes. Portal is such a lovely world, and Portal 2 did nearly make me cry, but the game's vast loveliness, loneliness, and the way it makes us want to be there is truly compelling, Portal 2 starts out a fluke and works up into what is a rather good game, I just wish Valve had spent the time making the first levels better for the rest of us, if you've never played Portal you'll find the first 4 chapters an addicting and humorous good time. Expand
  83. Apr 25, 2011
    I've beaten the game 8 times since release and gone through most of the levels in Co-op, I signed up to give this game a 10 rating. Everyone who is upset over COSMETIC ITEMS needs to chill out, I could understand the rage if the co-op mode cost an extra $15 to play, or if something like that was implemented. Giving low scores because of DLC items meant for aesthetic purposes only is the dumbest, if not whiniest thing I have ever heard. The game was great, the writing was great, the puzzles were challenging even on my 2nd and 3rd time through the game. The dark humor amazed me to the point of laughing and the ending brought me almost to tears with joy as the Turrets started their singing to me. I loved every second of Portal 2, Pay NO attention to the negative reviews it's nothing more than butthurt manbabies whinging about cosmetic upgrades they cannot afford or trade for yet. THE ONLY THING YOU CHILDREN ARE UPSET ABOUT IS SKINS, HATS, AND FLAGS THAT DO NOTHING TO CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY OF CO-OP! 10/10 easily.
    I would give it a higher score if possible.
    A strong contender for "game of the year 2011 PC" for writing, gameplay, innovation, and everything else that makes a game GOTY.
  84. Apr 29, 2011
    It's not a heavenly portal but it most certainly manages to entertain. The story incorporates many darkly humorous elements to support a gameplay that is thoroughly thought invoking. All throughout the obstacles change enough to keep you occupied but not so much as to make you feel lost. The threads spin together and as the game progresses it gets more interesting growing with its mechanics and the telling. Towards the finale there is a lot to see and the ending sequences are terrifically fun. If physical puzzles and science humor are your cup of tea then so ought this. Expand
  85. Apr 27, 2011
    Awesome game! No flaws worth mentioning. I was a big fan of the first game, and I don't know why more people weren't. I tried to explain it to people who I'd have thought would like it, and their eyes glazed over, like "OK...". The second game picks up right where the other left off, with a little bit of a reminder as to how everything worked. Then it continues with the great sarcastic humor and perfectly thought-out challenges that just builds upon itself so cleverly in every way. Yeah, I'd give it a ten. Mind you, although I've finished the single-player, I've only spent about 45 mins on the co-op mode. I think that is brilliant so far too, but you should take that into account. Expand
  86. May 3, 2011
    Good story, but very boring gameplay. Testroom, testroom, testroom, laborotory, laborotory, laborotory, testroom, testroom, testroom... final boss! Puzzles very simple.
  87. May 14, 2011
    I'm not going to judge Portal 2 based on the Potato Sack, I'm not going to judge it based on how it compares to Half-Life 2, I'm not going to judge it on its optional day 1 DLC, I'm going to judge it solely as a video game. And as a video game, it's virtually perfect. It's a great puzzle game, with a steady difficulty curve, wonderfully developed characters, some sparkling moments of humor, and (perhaps most importantly for the internet) features several obviously memetic elements.
    The single player takes between six and ten hours, depending on how well-versed you are in the mechanics of Portal. It's divided into three separate acts, each with new game mechanics that make for new experiences and puzzle methods throughout. Portal was a stellar game, that consisted almost solely of solving mind-bending puzzles while a disembodied voice spouts humorous, quotable saying in your ear. This is also the central mechanic of Portal 2, but with less mind-numbing and more humorous, quotable sayings. The game's three acts can be easily identified by which voice is talking to you: Act 1 brings the return of Portal 1's joyously mad AI GLaDOS, Act 2 brings J.K. Simmons as more cconventionally mad CEO Cave Johnson, and Act 3 has Stephen Merchant (that guy from The Office) as Wheatley, the power-mad, cheeky personality core. The ending is amazing, and the story retains Half-Life's vague, almost mean sense of withholding something.
    The co-op campaign is more true to the original Portal, with only sparse comments from GLaDOS in the way of lines, and the puzzles being brain-breakingly difficult even for 2 people. The ending is also nicely noncommital in the way of story, as I have come to expect from Valve.
    Overall, one of the main negatives with the game has appeared to be the loading screens. I agree-what happened to Half-Life's simple, non-intrusive "LOADING" bubble? I don't want big Aperture Science logos plastered onto the screen; I'm saving those for the inevitable dearth of Portal 2 t-shirts.
  88. May 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is 14 hours of gameplay. I think I spent good time with this valve's game :) I'm waiting for a dlc :) Valve is doing the best games of the world!
  89. May 18, 2011
    Portal 2 is a well-designed sequel to 2007's Portal. It exceeds the original game by pitting you against trickier tests with many ways to solve each one. It's a satisfying ride with puzzles that could leave you scratching your head for minutes on end. Valve has really out-done themselves with this one. The only downside is the myriad of loading screens.
  90. May 22, 2011
    Valve delivers again with a game that is both witty in its mechanics as it is in its story and dialogue. Portal 1 was a flawless albeit short experience that shows that new ideas can be merged with old preconceptions. Always innovating, Portal 2 is an excellent puzzle challenge that will keep you amused for about 8 hours. It also has a nice co-op campaign that furthers the gameplay a lot more.
    It holds your hand a little bit, and some puzzles require more trial and error than thought & skill, but overall it is a very solid game.
  91. May 20, 2011
    Excellent perfectly crafted take on the foundation the first game laid, everything from the voice-acting to the sound of the machines interacting is beyond perfection. The gameplay is top-notch, but also imo to easy as it give you far to many hints to complete puzzles. It actually feels incredibly short, although it is a ten hour game, but maybe that is the fact it immerses you in the world so well that time flies by. So take the good with the bad and you end up with a solid experience that will please fans of all genres. Expand
  92. May 26, 2011
    Great game! Really! I finished it on Tuesday.
    It has only one drawback: I do not want to play it a second time.
    Why? I do not know ... Do not engage me emotionally.
  93. Jun 1, 2011
    As one who did enjoy playing Portal I also did enjoy Portal 2. I think the only real issue people may be seeing here is the fact that there isn't much replay value towards a puzzle game such as Portal. Considering you know exactly what you're doing and there are no challenges and the achievements you may earn are pretty simple.However the overall game was a great adventure. The voice acting was phenomenal and hilarious just like its predecessor. The co-op play was very well designed and rather fun. Now all I'm hoping for is a free extension to the game (Challenges or more Co-Op levels). Expand
  94. Jun 7, 2011
    Valve does it again, should I say. Portal 2 does everything it was expected to do, and even more. It is an excellent game, innovative and mind-bending experience, that will make you play the single player through at least twice. The co-op was also something amazing, making the game even more fun, because is there anything more fun than playing with your friends? The graphics are what you expect from the Source-engine with a bit more detail. Portal 2 is a must buy, if you want to support people who know how to make quality games. Expand
  95. Jul 3, 2011
    Anyone disappointed with this game is just dead and hallow inside, there is so much character and entertainment in this game it is hard to not love it. The ending is one of the most satisfying things (next to portal 1) that I've seen in recent years and figuring out the multitude of puzzles in this game is incredibly rewarding.
  96. Jun 20, 2011
    One of the best games made on a source engine. Better than first part, but have in mind that first Portal wasn't and standalone title, just small ad-don to Orange Box. This one could be more challengeable, but I know kids on consoles have problem with playing games that makes a challenge. ~8h of playing worth cash I spent on it.
  97. Dec 30, 2011
    This game was as long as it needed to be without overstaying it's welcome. Funny ,great puzzles , and a great new song by Jonathan Coulton. Then the addition of challenge maps , commentary on all levels with insight on the creation of the game , a Co-Op campaign , and Co-Op DLC just solidified this as one of Valve's Greatest
  98. Aug 1, 2011
    One of the best games that i ever played, so original, you got a first person game that dont need to even shoot a bullet, and its real nice.
    Valve´s games are really innovative so this one.
  99. Jul 12, 2011
    The only reason this game does not get a 10 is because it has no replay value. As far as difficulty goes, the multiplayer is much harder than the single player and the difficulty of the single player is about on par with Portal. I love the new mechanics, especially the light bridges, and they are used very creatively throughout the game. The art and presentation are amazing as well. Overall a great game that was worth what it cost me. Expand
  100. Aug 20, 2011
    Quite a bit of fun especially in co-op mode, it is a very amusing game with a whimsical performance from Steven Merchant but for a puzzle solving game it wasn't very challenging, which was a little disappointing.

1. Oct 20, 2011