Portal 2 PC

8.9

1. Jul 30, 2014
    From my point of view this is an extremely overrated title and especially after experiencing the amazing little gem that was first Portal, P2 is quite a disappointment for me. My guess is that all the praise is coming mostly from people who didn't play the original, because this is basically 1:1 the same thing, only 4 times longer, but while the short gameplay was perfectly effective forFrom my point of view this is an extremely overrated title and especially after experiencing the amazing little gem that was first Portal, P2 is quite a disappointment for me. My guess is that all the praise is coming mostly from people who didn't play the original, because this is basically 1:1 the same thing, only 4 times longer, but while the short gameplay was perfectly effective for the first Portal, here it's getting tedious after about 10 hours. It's still good, it kept the quality humor and the addition of multiplayer is very interesting, but I feel like all the main trump cards have already been used in the first Portal. 6/10 Expand
  2. Sep 15, 2014
    An enjoyable game, especially in the first half. I did feel it dragged on a bit though. Later in the game it got a little bit repetitive and boring climbing through random sites and ladders. But the majority of the rooms and puzzles are clever and rewarding. I liked the progressive difficulty and array of the puzzles too.
  3. Apr 9, 2016
    The portals based puzzles are both clever, challenging and fun. The puzzles are tastefully designed. The paint mechanics are particularly fun and successfully add an organic element to this otherwise slightly rigid world. Completing the many challenges was always rewarding, and never felt like a drag. The pacing is adequate. The final boss was a bit of disappointment from a creative/puzzleThe portals based puzzles are both clever, challenging and fun. The puzzles are tastefully designed. The paint mechanics are particularly fun and successfully add an organic element to this otherwise slightly rigid world. Completing the many challenges was always rewarding, and never felt like a drag. The pacing is adequate. The final boss was a bit of disappointment from a creative/puzzle standpoint. The story is serviceable and manages to keep you entertained until the end. The voice acting script of the main villain is reminiscent of the archetypal anthropomorphic feminists **** that have inundated modern society; I found in fact the humour to be uninspired, irritatingly cliche, and ultimately not funny. The audio-visual presentation is polished but lacks a bit of flair. That said, this is one of the rare puzzle games that can easily be recommended to anyone. Expand
  4. Feb 3, 2015
    It rides on the success of its predeccessor. Not nearly as much fun or unique, and the talking robot is an aannoying brit who just doesn't shut up and tells poor jokes. It ruined the game for me, I couldn't even play it more than a few minutes before uninstalling it due to that robot and the repetitive nature of the game.
  5. Feb 23, 2017
    Didn't finish the game. Yeah, the plot is not so bad, the voice acting and dialogues are nearly perfect. That ball robot is a real charachter and a personality. I thaught it Was Chris Martin from Coldplay who gave him his voice all the time I was playing)
    But as I've already said, I didn't finish the game, cause for me it became really boring and grey. The second part of the came is a total crap, cheap and very cliche. I don't want to be very subjective, but it's just not what I've expected from the sequel of a game I find on of the most innovative and original.

1. Pelit (Finland)