Portal 2 PC

9.0

1. Apr 19, 2011
    Well, since I wasn't one of the people that bought the potato sack (which has some very decent indie games in it, also you supported the indie community, thanks for that!) I'm not automatically going to give this a 0. The game isn't short compared to today's standards, I've played a good 10 hours so far, which is the same as any other big release game on the market now, so stop whining.Well, since I wasn't one of the people that bought the potato sack (which has some very decent indie games in it, also you supported the indie community, thanks for that!) I'm not automatically going to give this a 0. The game isn't short compared to today's standards, I've played a good 10 hours so far, which is the same as any other big release game on the market now, so stop whining. I'd rather pay $40 for a well polished, fun Valve game that I know is going to be great instead of wasting $80 on a disappointing game that I thought would have been good.

The only downside of the game I can see so far is that Co Op won't be as repayable as I'd like it. Also, who cares about DLC, don't buy it but don't come onto metacritic and whine about it.

It's a Valve game, you can expect only quality, buy the game and make your own mind up! Don't come to sites like these that have Youtube style voting systems where anyone can give anything an unjustified 0 or 10 to make up your mind.

Pros

- An awesome addition to the Portal franchise, an outstanding game for what it is... A PUZZLE GAME.
    - A FULL game, 8 - 12 hours.
    - Co-op is fun and ORIGINAL.
    - Hilarious dialogue. A good story.
    - Great music, it suits the scene of the game.
    - The graphics are amazing, especially with the crumbling environments.
    - It links in with Half-Life.
    - It's a quality, polished Valve game.
    -Worth more playthroughs; achievements, secrets or just for fun.

Cons
    - Co-op Reply Value is fairly low. - ...um hmm.. There's nothing else I can think of that's wrong with the game at the moment.
  2. Apr 19, 2011
    Great development of story, amazing finale. Awesome soundtrack! Some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a game. Ridiculously good animations, it's a huge success!
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Very, VERY good game. I played Portal 1 twice this past weekend in anticipation of Portal 2 and I feel that it absolutely delivered. Takes a bit of time at the beginning to train new players and refresh those who played Portal 1, the game then introduces new mechanics and consistently delivers them in interesting ways throughout the game.

Single-player took me a total of six and a half

Single-player took me a total of six and a half hours to complete, and I have not finished co-op yet. The controversial "launch DLC" is nothing more than skins and such for the robots you play in co-op - purchase if you desire, but if you do not purchase you are missing out on nothing.

Great game, would give it a 10/10 but I feel single-player is a bit on the short side. If Valve releases additional single-player content for free (ie. advanced test chambers like Portal 1), this game will then be a 10/10 to me.
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    Ignore the haters. They will always look at the glass is 1/10 empty. This game is solid and more than a cosmetic face lift take it from a game developer. The amount of work put into this is phenomenal, pure polish, had me laughing all the way, could not believe the attention to detail, there are some minor issues, but nothing to get in a spin about. I wish I had their resources, but inIgnore the haters. They will always look at the glass is 1/10 empty. This game is solid and more than a cosmetic face lift take it from a game developer. The amount of work put into this is phenomenal, pure polish, had me laughing all the way, could not believe the attention to detail, there are some minor issues, but nothing to get in a spin about. I wish I had their resources, but in Australia thatâ Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    This game doesn't get a 10 for its gameplay. The new tricks alone merit about an 8. The game earns a 10 for me because its writing is just as good as the original's, perhaps better. The story's fun, the characters are hilarious, and Portal 2 is the best time I've had gaming in years.
  6. Apr 19, 2011
    It's pretty awesome. My only complaint is that the price is high for how short it is, but.. it surpassed Portal 1 and became my new favorite game. I would have paid more.
  7. Apr 19, 2011
    The greatest game I have ever played. It is worth my money, it is not 4 hours long (unless you are ultra smart)
    this is my all around favorite game. I am just reviewing singleplayer but, playing singleplayer was the most satisfying gaming experience I have ever played.
  8. Apr 20, 2011
    I gave Portal 2 for the PC a perfect score because I really cannot find anything wrong with it, and I sincerely feel that it is just THAT good. Portal 2 maintains the elements of game-play that made the original Portal such a great game; but at the same time it adds a new "feel" to the game that definitely out does its predecessor. The addition of other elements being incorporated intoI gave Portal 2 for the PC a perfect score because I really cannot find anything wrong with it, and I sincerely feel that it is just THAT good. Portal 2 maintains the elements of game-play that made the original Portal such a great game; but at the same time it adds a new "feel" to the game that definitely out does its predecessor. The addition of other elements being incorporated into the puzzles (ex. the different goos) definitely gives the game a new flair that expands the style its puzzles. The single player campaign took me about 6-7 hours to complete, and the entire time I never wanted to stop. The game really expands though when you get into the co-op modes. I believe that there are about 86? puzzles that you can do with a partner, and I would highly suggest playing with a friend, or someone you know. Expand
  9. Apr 20, 2011
    This game far surpasses the first portal and is the most fun I have had from a video game in a long time. While everyone else is churning out repetitive realistic war shooters Valve is innovating and bringing genuine fun back to PC gaming. The DLC complaints are unwarranted. The DLC is in no way a necessary part of the game(just cosmetic addons and gestures for multiplayer) and so far isThis game far surpasses the first portal and is the most fun I have had from a video game in a long time. While everyone else is churning out repetitive realistic war shooters Valve is innovating and bringing genuine fun back to PC gaming. The DLC complaints are unwarranted. The DLC is in no way a necessary part of the game(just cosmetic addons and gestures for multiplayer) and so far is 100% unlockable. Expand
  10. Apr 20, 2011
    I was actually shocked when I read some of the bad reviews on here. It would appear that they are the kind of people who think Call of Duty is the example of a good game. Fantastic story, singleplayer campaign, the updated source engine looks brilliant, like a good book, I simply could not put this game down. I managed to complete it by literally not stepping out of my office until I hadI was actually shocked when I read some of the bad reviews on here. It would appear that they are the kind of people who think Call of Duty is the example of a good game. Fantastic story, singleplayer campaign, the updated source engine looks brilliant, like a good book, I simply could not put this game down. I managed to complete it by literally not stepping out of my office until I had completed it. I managed to complete SP + Co-op with a friend in about 12 hours. 10am - 10pm. My only "complaint" is that the ending didn't really provide the satisfaction I was looking for. Yet the experience throughout was fantastic.

If you're not into first person action puzzle games, don't buy this. Unless you're in it just for the fantastic story and characters.
  11. Apr 20, 2011
    Can't say I've finished the game yet so maybe I shouldn't post here, but I don't care. Everything I've experienced within the first few hours simply astounds me - as a gamer this is the type of game I long for, deep, involving and innovating. Portal 2 may only build up on the original, however, it does it in such a way as to be judged an outright masterpiece - the original Portal nowCan't say I've finished the game yet so maybe I shouldn't post here, but I don't care. Everything I've experienced within the first few hours simply astounds me - as a gamer this is the type of game I long for, deep, involving and innovating. Portal 2 may only build up on the original, however, it does it in such a way as to be judged an outright masterpiece - the original Portal now merely seems like a 'warm-up gig'.

Put it this way - you can tell the devs at Valve had fun making this game, and their hard work and effort truely shows.

There are some comments on here about consolification - ignore them. The ARG may not have been to everybody's taste, but this is Valve and they do things differently. They set an example to the many other PC devs out there who have sold out to the console crowds, the example being that if you truely support your fans - you will be rewarded.

Thank you Valve.
  12. Apr 21, 2011
    People need to get over themselves. This is an amazing game. Well worth the money. Not everybody is as smart as you and can beat the game in 4-5 hours. Some people actually like to listen to the dialogue and look around for secret rooms and other things like that. There are secret rooms, you know? All I'm saying is the people complaining about the price or complaining that it's too short,People need to get over themselves. This is an amazing game. Well worth the money. Not everybody is as smart as you and can beat the game in 4-5 hours. Some people actually like to listen to the dialogue and look around for secret rooms and other things like that. There are secret rooms, you know? All I'm saying is the people complaining about the price or complaining that it's too short, GET OVER YOURSELVES! If you truly believe you can make a better game, then do it! Expand
  13. Apr 23, 2011
    one of the best games of the year so far. This has the best senses of humor i'v seen in a video game. One last think BUY THIS GAME its on steam so pick it up.
  14. Apr 24, 2011
    I am honestly rather ashamed to be a part of the PC gaming community right now. For a long time, I was proud of how PC gamers acted towards others. We, with some exceptions obviously, were a cordial lot, and **** was at a minimum. But looking at what has happened with Metacritic User scores of Portal Two has really brought the bile up in me. It's merely a bunch of little children actingI am honestly rather ashamed to be a part of the PC gaming community right now. For a long time, I was proud of how PC gamers acted towards others. We, with some exceptions obviously, were a cordial lot, and **** was at a minimum. But looking at what has happened with Metacritic User scores of Portal Two has really brought the bile up in me. It's merely a bunch of little children acting like even littler children, holding their breath until they get a lollipop.

4 hours? If this game took you four hours you cheated, or you rushed through or ignored dialogue (which was the funniest dialogue I have ever heard in a game, I might add). The game takes 7 hours at the least. It took me longer. I explored everything, and took my time soaking in the wonderful world Valve has created. And even this 7 hours is merely the single-player game. The co-op game has an entirely different storyline, and although I haven't had the chance to play it yet, I'm sure it's up to the same standard that the single-player is.

Secondly; Day one DLC? Ha! If you call those purely cosmetic additions to the co-op game DLC, then you really are griping. Sure, in the strictest sense of the word, it is downloadable content. But so are the hats in TF2. Now, I think they are way over-priced to be honest, but they are entirely optional, and don't change how the game plays at all. Also, some of them get unlocked with achievements, so you can get them for free.

Thirdly; The ARG. Sure, it only ended up being released a few hours before the actual release date, and that did annoy me to some extent. But it was, again, optional, and I had a good time participating in it, and I played some games I might never have that I am now a major fan of, such as Defense Grid. I also think that Valve MAY have overestimated the amount of people that would play the ARG. I myself was surprised at how few did. I think Valve had probably meant to release it a day early, over maybe even earlier than that, but unfortunately, not enough people participated. This is something that will be addressed when Valve issue a full statement about the ARG I'm sure.

Lastly; a console port? Really? Grow the hell up people? One tiny little oversight by Valve on the saving screen and everyone starts screaming bloody murder. If you think this was a port by just that, then you're either just trolling, or are truly a moron. My rig is in dire dire need of being upgraded, but Portal Two worked wonderfully on it, and managed to stay remarkably pretty on it at the same time. A misplaced word does not a console port make.
    Overall, a fantastic game, with the newest build of the Source engine, that while still being clumsy in some regards, has held up remarkably well. The dialogue is funny where it should be, and poignant and moving where it should be, and throws in a few curve balls as well. I can't remember the last time I was so happy just sitting back and taking in the dialogue of other characters. I couldn't help but laugh out loud on numerous occasions, which is something that only rarely happens to me in games. Valve managed to expand the core concepts of the game, and add in a few new ones, all without the dreaded Sequel Bloat that seems to plague games these days. This game will go down in the hall of fame, trust me on that.
  15. Apr 24, 2011
    Simply one of the most fun and entertaining games in a long time. It's full of humor and plot twists. Playing co-op with a good friend is even better than single player.
  16. Apr 24, 2011
    If you are reading these reviews and are unaware, several popular forums started campaigns to lower the average score by giving zeros. No reason or logic behind the negativity, just to sh*t on something popular. Here are a few things Portal 2 is not:

1) Portal 2 is not a 4 hour game, a 2 hour game, a 15 minute game or any other exaggeration that has been thrown out there in the zero score reviews. The length of the game is going to vary depending on your skill level and whether you do much exploring around or looking for Easter eggs (there are a couple of good ones to be found), but the single player lasted me 8 hours, getting stuck on two puzzles briefly. It also has a lengthy co-op campaign that is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT, they don't recycle the SP levels. 2) It is not a "console port". I bought the game on PS3 to play split screen co-op with my girlfriend, but I played the PC version that came with it for single player. I have a modest PC but am able to play at near max settings and it looks and plays brilliantly. After seeing and playing both, the PC version is the best version of the game, hands down.

3) It is not a Day 1 DLC filled monstrosity that nickels and dimes you to death to play through any part of the game. The only DLC in the game is meaningless cosmetic items like hats for co-op. The co-op campaign is set up in a way that I expect there to be extra levels added, and given Valves track record in Team Fortress 2 and Left4Dead, I expect that DLC to be free. This seems to be the balance they have reached, TF2 updates have been plentiful and free, while hats make them money. Others can disagree with me on this, but if cosmetic crap = $$$ and maps/levels = free, I'm thrilled by that.

4) Portal 2 is NOT a zero score game. A score of 0 should be reserved for the very worst of the worst garbage out there, probably games that are broken and unplayable. I respect the opinion of anyone who has written a reasonable low score review, some people simply didn't enjoy the game as much and that's fine, but the people who have written zero score reviews filled with nonsense or lies are just idiots. The campaign to lower the score of the game for no logical reason really shows off the worst of the internet, nerds with too much time on their hands and a false sense of empowerment from tearing down things other people enjoy. Pros: Exceptional writing and voice acting, genuinely funny and engaging. Expands the world of Portal and back story dramatically in funny and interesting ways. Same great portal gameplay expanded by tons of new elements that never feel out of place or too difficult to use with the portals. One of my favorite, most insane, funny, and unique endings to a game ever. If you enjoyed Portal or puzzle games in general, you'll love this game.
    Cons: Personally, my only gripe is the load screens. The source engine has always had a lot of load points, but this game uses a full screen load screen that kind of takes you out of the flow of the game momentarily.
  17. Apr 24, 2011
    Pretty awesome game, very nice dialogue with good humour, fun game play that builds on the first, perfect campaign time (Just cuts as I get bored at the 7 hour mark) and an actual a co-op campaign that some games that fits perfectly. Would have gave it 9/10, but all the morons saying its a 3 hour DLC ridden pile forced me to bump it up to 10 for the overall score.
  18. Apr 24, 2011
    This is IMO the best game valve has made so far. It has incredible detail and varied level design, really fleshing out the history and characters of aperture science. Add to that new mechanics, greatly improved graphics (and graphic design) an interesting soundtrack and nice little easter eggs throughout you have a strong contender for single player experience of the year. The voiceThis is IMO the best game valve has made so far. It has incredible detail and varied level design, really fleshing out the history and characters of aperture science. Add to that new mechanics, greatly improved graphics (and graphic design) an interesting soundtrack and nice little easter eggs throughout you have a strong contender for single player experience of the year. The voice acting is freaking amazing as well.

This is all before you even get to the co op (where playing for a friend makes up for not having the banter that your enemies/allies provide in sp). Which are more challenging and very fun with a friend. I await the patches valve will bring to this (for the simple reason that for the microtransaction store to work people will have to keep playing the co-op, or perhaps a revived challenge mode). I have to add that's speculation (but informed speculation given the ~ 4 year support valve gave to tf2 its other big multiplayer release with an in game store .

All in all, best game so far this year, depending what BF3 and elderscrolls bring to the table its a strong contender for GOTY. Do not miss this! Its a prime example of what our industry is capable of.

(current play time sp ~ 6-7 a few more if you go back for achieves, co-op was around the same length, maybe a little longer, definitely enough bang for your buck, very original charming, will make you laugh and care and even think a little bit.
  19. Apr 24, 2011
    Very fun game, visually amazing, and great characters. Easily Valve's best game yet, and instantly one of my all time favorites. 7 hour singleplayer and 5 hour coop. Anyone complaining about it being short is expecting an RPG or something. As for the DLC--it's microtransactions, not DLC. DLC would imply new content, not skins. Since it's just coop with a friend it really doesn't matter ifVery fun game, visually amazing, and great characters. Easily Valve's best game yet, and instantly one of my all time favorites. 7 hour singleplayer and 5 hour coop. Anyone complaining about it being short is expecting an RPG or something. As for the DLC--it's microtransactions, not DLC. DLC would imply new content, not skins. Since it's just coop with a friend it really doesn't matter if one of you is wearing a hat, and if it bothers you that much--just don't buy one. Simple as that. Stop whining, it's an amazing game. Expand
  20. Apr 24, 2011
    THIS GAME IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MAGNIFICENT SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENT. GlaDOS would be proud. And believe me, you don't know GlaDOS until you've finished Portal 2. If you loved the original Portal, you're going to fall wildly in love with the sequel!! I wish I could give this 6 stars. This game is so rich and detailed that it is better than most Hollywood movies, let alone most videogames.THIS GAME IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MAGNIFICENT SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENT. GlaDOS would be proud. And believe me, you don't know GlaDOS until you've finished Portal 2. If you loved the original Portal, you're going to fall wildly in love with the sequel!! I wish I could give this 6 stars. This game is so rich and detailed that it is better than most Hollywood movies, let alone most videogames. I'll give you 2 words why this new Portal is so much better than the original: CAVE JOHNSON. One of the many new characters, Cave Johnson is the founder of Aperture Science... and he is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. But even better, Cave Johnson provides one of those crucial things that is missing from 99.9% of all videogames today: A STORY. A REAL, TRUE, HONEST-TO-GOODNESS BACK STORY. Oh sure, with Portal 2, you've got puzzles to solve, but you've also got an AMAZINGLY RICH BACKSTORY that satisfies and delights and humors you every step of the way. You will find yourself exploring & listening & laughing to the backstory of Aperture Science for just as long of a time as you spend solving puzzles!! And what could possibly be better than symbolically TRAVELING BACK IN TIME to solve the puzzles that Aperture Science put out in the 1950's and 1970's?! SO MUCH FUN!! SO HILARIOUS!! SO REWARDING!! It really is a testament to the geniuses at Valve Software that they SMARTLY KEPT EVERYTHING that was so perfect about the first game, and -- to prevent you from getting bored with the same ol', same ol' -- they improved upon it in every way humanly possible!! New types of objects to interact with keep the game fresh & exciting: objects like laser redirection cubes, propulsion gel, repulsion gel, and cute weighted cubes from the 1950's. If you thought you had fun flying through the air with momentum in the original Portal, wait until you start bouncing all over walls with repulsion gel, sliding down hallways with propulsion gel, and creating your own portal surfaces with conversion gel! Talk about FUN!! Adding gels to Portal was a simply magnificent idea, without making the gameplay mechanics any more difficult! I'd also like to take a minute to comment on the GORGEOUS ART DESIGN and the MESMERIZING MUSIC SOUNDTRACK throughout the entire game. It must have taken an entire team of genius artists & visionaries years to come up with the hundreds of gorgeously-rendered locations and perfect mood music that carry you through the entire game. If there is a downside to Portal 2, it is that the puzzles are shorter & easier to solve this time around. I felt like the puzzles were closer to a beginner's level this time around, and I wish they were slightly more challenging. (However, this may be because I was trained so well by the original Portal.) But what the puzzles lack in challenge is more than made up for in sheer fun, an amazing cast of characters, hilarious laugh-out-loud comedy, a wonderfully rich & deep plot, and the amazing Cave Johnson/Caroline backstory. So all of that taken together is really what makes Portal 2 shine beyond my wildest imagination. You will feel COMPLETELY SATISFIED INSIDE YOUR SOUL when you play and finish this game, because the game RICHLY REWARDS YOU for diving into this entire world. Outside of the original Portal, I can't think of ANY game I've played in the last 10 or 15 years that was as PURE FUN and RICHLY SATISFYING as Portal 2. NOTE: If you haven't played the first Portal, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you purchase & play the ORIGINAL PORTAL FIRST! If you don't play the original Portal, you're not going to understand much of the storyline in this Portal. Plus, you may be totally confused with the early puzzles in Portal 2, because they don't spend a lot of time retraining you on old skills. Don't gip yourself out of this experience by skipping over the first Portal. And, of course, the original Portal is a worldwide classic, so why WOULDN'T you want to play the original Portal first anyways? REGARDING THE PRICE OF PORTAL 2: There are some nincompoops here complaining that the game is too expensive. I personally found it a great value for my money. There are other people here complaining about the high cost of DLC (downloadable content)... this make no sense at all, because you don't NEED to purchase ANY DLC AT ALL to finish this game. The DLC is only for the most hardcore nerdiest of nerds, who need to dress up their robots in multiplayer mode with extra add-ons that are completely unnecessary. If you're THAT MUCH into this game and yet you're complaining about the price of the unnecessary/optional add-ons, then maybe you should get off your couch and look into getting a job so you can afford to dress up your robot? IN SUMMARY: This game is FANTASTIC. Kudos to the developers for not ruining what was a good thing to begin with, and for simply expanding upon the same winning formula!! I hope they create a Portal 3!!! Oh boy, do I hope they create a Portal 3. Expand
  21. Apr 24, 2011
    Totally epic game. No idea where all the negative reviews are coming from. It's most likely from people who got the original Portal free as an add-on. They want everything handed to them. Portal 2 is an expansive game unlike its short predecessor. While I agree that i wish it was longer, I can't take away points for that. To do so wouldn't be logical. The story was great. The plot its selfTotally epic game. No idea where all the negative reviews are coming from. It's most likely from people who got the original Portal free as an add-on. They want everything handed to them. Portal 2 is an expansive game unlike its short predecessor. While I agree that i wish it was longer, I can't take away points for that. To do so wouldn't be logical. The story was great. The plot its self stayed true and was a nice continuation of the story in the original Portal. The characters were great as well. GLaDoS still has her "love to hate"(or "hate to love") personality intact with a bit of a twist. I love the direction they took. Skill curve applies to all type of gamers not just egotistical "pros" which is a plus for the novice gamer. The co-op is brilliant however short.(DLC please or possibly some free courses . I'm lookin at you Valve. You can capitalize here) I was able to play thru the entire co-op with someone who didnt even speak english thanks to the reticule system Valve has in place. Well done there. All in all, I cant find a reason to subtract even a full point from this masterpiece. My only complaint is that I want more.

I would love to see some more advanced chambers (hopefully valve has alot of DLC planned because I for one will buy any and all new content for this great game) Some free co-op courses would be a great addition. Take a note from the Super Meat Boy team on this one Valve. Also once the editor as out if co-op courses can be built and browsed in game, it would be excellent.

Great job Portal 2 team. You have released the GOTY. If for some reason you dont get it it will be GOTY to me and to many others im sure.
  22. gio
    Apr 25, 2011
    Portal 2 is amazing. Almost perfect in fact. The puzzles are challenging but not too difficult that you won't figure them out and they are immensely satisfying to solve. The voice acting is top-notch, the environments superb and the new gameplay elements fit in perfectly with the ones introduced in Portal 1. The story is decent too, and keeps you enthusiastic to get you through the gamePortal 2 is amazing. Almost perfect in fact. The puzzles are challenging but not too difficult that you won't figure them out and they are immensely satisfying to solve. The voice acting is top-notch, the environments superb and the new gameplay elements fit in perfectly with the ones introduced in Portal 1. The story is decent too, and keeps you enthusiastic to get you through the game the whole time. So why did I not give it a 10? Well, Portal 2 comes close to being perfect but here are the negatives:

- It is essentially the same story as Portal 1. Without giving anything away, the story, right down to the final boss battle isn't too different from the first game..

- There are some new gameplay elements (paint) which are great, but it basically features similar puzzles to the first game. In that sense, it is less original so it necessarily can't be the kind of breakthrough game the first Portal was.

- While it is 2 to 3 times longer than the first game, it is still a short game and is much higher priced than the first portal. You can tell the money was well spent, though, the environments are more much detailed this time around. Still, there is actually less content as there are no challenge modes or levels. These will be probably be added in the future as paid DLC and big minus points for that. You can easily finish the game in the weekend and after that, there isn't anything more to do. - The ending lacked the awesomeness of the first game. Perhaps it is too much to expect another video game ending song as great as "Still Alive", though.

- It was almost too easy. There was no level that was truly difficult. I hope this will change when challenge level DLC is made available.
  23. Apr 20, 2011
    Did you like Portal 1? This game takes everything great about Portal 1 and improves upon all of them. This is a must play game for any Portal fan. I can't recommend this game enough.
  24. Apr 19, 2011
    Every single one of you that is rating this game low based on COSMETIC DLC, a game JUST AS ALONG as it's predecessor, and over the ARG/Indie Potato Hunt, are a pathetic lot of tasteless losers. I strongly believe your disturbed and warped views of entitlement have made you forget who made this game and what this game is. Not only have the game play and visual elements to the originalEvery single one of you that is rating this game low based on COSMETIC DLC, a game JUST AS ALONG as it's predecessor, and over the ARG/Indie Potato Hunt, are a pathetic lot of tasteless losers. I strongly believe your disturbed and warped views of entitlement have made you forget who made this game and what this game is. Not only have the game play and visual elements to the original Portal been pushed and developed, but the same element of humor has carried through. The game is just as long as Portal 1, to say nothing of the coop, or the future puzzles that Valve will release. If you don't want to buy cute hats that do nothing but look cute, guess what? YOU DON'T HAVE TO. This is no different from any other company, Valve just ensures that it won't affect your game performance. Instead, those of you who like to play TF2 and play dressup should be ecstatic over this.

Do you guys misunderstand the entire point of the ARG potato hunt? This allowed a number of indie developers to get huge numbers of people to play their games who otherwise wouldn't have. Valve could have handled it better, but a number of fantastic studios were able to get good publicity that they didn't have to pay for. Further, you did get Portal 2 early, even if it wasn't as soon as you would have liked. I would be curious how many of you complaining actually contributed at all, much less enough to warrant your diaper wetting over it.

In the end, every single one of you whining, crying, and coming unglued over this, are a sad pathetic individual who is doing yourself, others, and the industry a huge disservice. I would bet money that the majority of you didn't participate in the ARG, didn't buy Portal 1 until you could get it dirt cheap or free, and did not even PLAY Portal 2 before you wrote your garbage complaints. Hat's off to you scrubs of the net. I hope that Valve and every other game company leaves you to rot.
  25. Apr 19, 2011
    Fantastic game, a good 5-7 hours of Single Player playtime not including the Co-op maps, GFX/Sound and design are top notch, another triumph for Valve
  26. Apr 19, 2011
    First of all, I would like to point out that the game is, in fact, NOT four hours long. The single player alone will likely take you over five hours, and that leaves the co-op mode to add much more gameplay. Some of the negative reviews on this site are not directly tied to the game, (the ARG was frustrating for some players and the DLC is not required) so I would advise you to try yourFirst of all, I would like to point out that the game is, in fact, NOT four hours long. The single player alone will likely take you over five hours, and that leaves the co-op mode to add much more gameplay. Some of the negative reviews on this site are not directly tied to the game, (the ARG was frustrating for some players and the DLC is not required) so I would advise you to try your best to avoid letting those reviews get you down.
    As for the actual game itself, Portal 2 was a rather enjoyable experience when it lasted. The dialogue was memorable and the puzzles were clever. Trace amounts of frustration were triggered in some puzzles when it seemed like you just needed to find a tiny spot you could put a portal on, but those moments ended up not being so bad. The gels were not outstandingly memorable but added something new to the game. I would probably actually give this game an 8 or 9, but seeing how so many people are criticizing it I'll put a 10 to try to average out the rating.
  27. Apr 19, 2011
    Complaints about DLC are retarded. The "DLC" in this is entirely cosmetic. It has no impact on gameplay at all. Go read that again. It's stuff to customize how your player looks in co-op mode, and that's it. No levels. No items. No nothing of consequence. If you want a pink player in co-op, then you can go buy it. If not, forget about it and go play the game. This is not a problem.

I'm

I'm deducting 1 point because the game isn't terribly long and doesn't have a lot of replay value, but it's a damn fun game while it lasts and I totally feel like I got my monies worth.
  28. Apr 19, 2011
    This is a great game, took me 8-9 hours or so to finish. plus coop campaign adds more hours on to that and is pretty fun. perfect sequel to the original portal exactly what I wanted. Playing the game again with commentary on is interesting and sometimes funny adding more replay to it. I thought the puzzles were good, the humor in the game was also great. As for the DLC it's all cosmeticThis is a great game, took me 8-9 hours or so to finish. plus coop campaign adds more hours on to that and is pretty fun. perfect sequel to the original portal exactly what I wanted. Playing the game again with commentary on is interesting and sometimes funny adding more replay to it. I thought the puzzles were good, the humor in the game was also great. As for the DLC it's all cosmetic and optional and I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not buying it, it's fine that it's there since it's OPTIONAL. Amazing how people don't seem to understand that concept. Expand
  29. Zif
    Apr 19, 2011
    This game is great! An initial play through of both campaigns may only take about 10 hours sure, but it's fun the whole way through. There are many new features, and you can replay levels to get better times etc, or do things in different ways. Also I expect mods not to far away which should extend the playtime greatly. I don't care that it has paid DLC, it's all optional junkThis game is great! An initial play through of both campaigns may only take about 10 hours sure, but it's fun the whole way through. There are many new features, and you can replay levels to get better times etc, or do things in different ways. Also I expect mods not to far away which should extend the playtime greatly. I don't care that it has paid DLC, it's all optional junk equivalent to TF hats, it has no effect on how fun the game is. Expand
  30. Apr 19, 2011
    There is a reason metacritic should stop putting out user reviews.. there seems to be a trend for generally moronic low scores by trolls pushing a games score down from what should easily be a high score to a low score.. sort it out. Portal 2 is a classic. ok one player is a bit short but find a mate and co op is a blast. OH no i was charged full price for this game.. really.. u think.There is a reason metacritic should stop putting out user reviews.. there seems to be a trend for generally moronic low scores by trolls pushing a games score down from what should easily be a high score to a low score.. sort it out. Portal 2 is a classic. ok one player is a bit short but find a mate and co op is a blast. OH no i was charged full price for this game.. really.. u think. get a job and stop whining! 26 quid for something as fun. hell i bet u lot bang twice that much cash up your nose of a weekend to get so damn twitchy about stuff as u apperently are. Anyway consider this the last user review on meta i read.. bunch of tossers Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)