9.4

1. Dec 9, 2010
    A boring start that is needed for any great puzzle game, so that is irrelevant. Once you get past a few you will be laughing your but off in the fun lonely adventure of the aperture science research facility! Another great product from valve.
  2. Oct 26, 2012
    its a very short game but fun as hell, very original and funny. it takes a no more than 30 minutes to get into the game, but than its very easy, exept the puzzles thats on a personal level for each, for me they were mostly easy. the game felt very empty, with only 1 living characters and only gladis and here heads talking, it felt just, empty. exept the short gameplay and lack of voicesits a very short game but fun as hell, very original and funny. it takes a no more than 30 minutes to get into the game, but than its very easy, exept the puzzles thats on a personal level for each, for me they were mostly easy. the game felt very empty, with only 1 living characters and only gladis and here heads talking, it felt just, empty. exept the short gameplay and lack of voices and characters its a must play game, one best 100 of the past 10 years for sure. and being made by valve its easy to understand how it got such succses Expand
  3. Mar 15, 2011
    This is one of the more innovative games I've played. The humour and wit make it so entertaining and the puzzles/quests are really interesting. I loved it and can't wait to play the second one. And who can complain about the end song? It's genius!
  4. Apr 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a very good game but a little short. VERY GOOD! And the GLADoS Battle is EPIC!
    The Turrets are very cute!
    At the first time i was a n00b and i failed a everything.
  5. Jan 1, 2012
    Very fun to play game and i also liked how it got implemented in the half life universe instead of beeing released as completely new IP. Just get it, its not expensive and very worth to be played.
  6. Aug 26, 2012
    This game won the 2007 Game of the Year Award. And I think this game really did deserve the award. With It's complex physics-based puzzles, this masterpiece of gaming will keep your mind thinking and thinking for a solution to each carefully crafted "test." Aside from all this, the game was relatively short. Which is the reason why it does not get a 10 from me. In the end, the gameThis game won the 2007 Game of the Year Award. And I think this game really did deserve the award. With It's complex physics-based puzzles, this masterpiece of gaming will keep your mind thinking and thinking for a solution to each carefully crafted "test." Aside from all this, the game was relatively short. Which is the reason why it does not get a 10 from me. In the end, the game deserves a well earned 9 from me. Expand
  7. Nov 18, 2012
    This game is funny, this game has a great storyline, the game looks good, overall this game is awesome. i like how this game has its own style. i love this game. i finished it like 3 times, and i still can't get enough of it! It's definitly worth the low price.
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    Incredible game! The concept is great with a huge potential and it's really fun to play!
    Even after finishing it, I still enjoy to play it again.
    A must-have.
  9. Oct 2, 2010
    It is an excellent and addictive game. Must play.
  10. Nov 10, 2010
    i love this game. valve combined puzzles, humor, and an amazing enviroment into a delightful game. i admit, the game is damn short, but the game redeems itself, so for anybody who uses that as an excuse can shut up. i love valve and i cant wait for portal 2.
  11. Dec 26, 2010
    This is a one of a kind, it's a pearl in the mist of mass killing shooter games and other FPS. It's the refreshing breeze in the desert of un-creativity (though short). It's the touch of jokes in a dead laboratory and it's the delicious chocolate that always leaves you starving...
    But of course you don't have to like chocolate.
  12. Jul 5, 2011
    Pretty much the single best puzzle game I've played. Even its short length isn't enough for me to give this game anything less than a 10. Anyone who owns a PC needs to get this game. Every once and a while a game comes out that reminds you that real innovation can still happen. This is one of those games.
  13. Apr 27, 2011
    Portal was truly an amazing game. First of all i think we have to remember that although a great game, it wasn't meant to be the hit of the Orange Box. It was originally created as a fall bac game just in case the rest of the Orange Box didn't do very well. Besides that, it was an amazingly innovative game that made up for its lack of length and difficulty with its humour and game-play. IPortal was truly an amazing game. First of all i think we have to remember that although a great game, it wasn't meant to be the hit of the Orange Box. It was originally created as a fall bac game just in case the rest of the Orange Box didn't do very well. Besides that, it was an amazingly innovative game that made up for its lack of length and difficulty with its humour and game-play. I loved the game myself and wouldn't have changed a thing. Good job Valve. Expand
  14. May 15, 2012
    Awesome idea! Enjoyed it. Taking into account that you have only one weapon (in essence) - making a such addictive gameplay is truly worth of praising, Valve! Thank you! :)
  15. Nov 1, 2011
    Truly one of the best puzzle games ever with a good mix of humor sprinkled with a sense of urgency this game is mesmerizing. It draws you in and never lets go.
  16. Jan 3, 2012
    The best game made since Tetris. Surreal, complex, with all the goodies of an indie but the backing of (who else?) Valve, all but devoid of violence, with elements of sarcastic dark humor and relaxing cuteness mixed with fearful suspense and tongue-in-cheek moments of LoLs for a story you really have to dig at to comprehend. Short, yes, but there's only so much you can do without eitherThe best game made since Tetris. Surreal, complex, with all the goodies of an indie but the backing of (who else?) Valve, all but devoid of violence, with elements of sarcastic dark humor and relaxing cuteness mixed with fearful suspense and tongue-in-cheek moments of LoLs for a story you really have to dig at to comprehend. Short, yes, but there's only so much you can do without either becoming repetitive, becoming repetitive, or throwing the average and below players at a brick wall and saying "climb." Voice acting is all done by one person if you can believe that, and the song at the end is the very definition of a cult classic. And as Yahtzee said in his review of the sequel, the only real complain that exists is the annoying fanbase who can't keep their grubby little paws off of something in order to keep it sacred. Hobbes was right. Expand
  17. Jun 5, 2012
    Oh man do I love this game. It's funny, it's cute, it's challenging (sometimes frustratingly so), and just an overall good game. It takes a little while sometimes to get used to the "thinking with portals" thing, but once you do the game is amazing. My biggest complaint (and probably my only one) is the fact that it's a jumping puzzle game but I can't see my character's feet. So I have noOh man do I love this game. It's funny, it's cute, it's challenging (sometimes frustratingly so), and just an overall good game. It takes a little while sometimes to get used to the "thinking with portals" thing, but once you do the game is amazing. My biggest complaint (and probably my only one) is the fact that it's a jumping puzzle game but I can't see my character's feet. So I have no idea where I'm jumping to. Granted, the first-person view added to the game, I just get super frustrated when I go to jump somewhere and... Oh, I jumped completely past it when I thought i was on it. Lovely. Valve has a tendency to do this, unfortunately. But other than that, this game was beautiful and unbelievably fun. Expand
  18. May 7, 2013
    Well... It's been about 10 years since I last played a Valve game. The first one I ever played was Half-Life Uplink (demo to original HL1). And it was terrific. I finished it maybe 50 times. Then I got full HL1 and finished it a couple of times too. And then I never played a Valve game again.
    Until a week ago. I got Portal Bundle on Steam about a year ago for as cheap as 10$ or so. And I wish I'd play this earlier.. This game is perfect! Its somewhat short, but the storyline is very intriguing. At first you may find it strange or even boring but do not give up on it it is well worth your 3~4 hours of playtime.
    Being a grown up semi no-life I can honestly say that this game firmly holds a high rank in my top 10 games of all time (an I've played a ton of games in my life).

This is the type of game that you would sacrifice your weekday night for just to finish this last puzzle!
    Excelent choice worth any money!
  19. Aug 16, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is addictive and short. I love to mess with the Portals though and sometimes I just get sucked into playing through it another time. I never get tired of playing through the puzzles and destroying GLaDOS. Expand
  20. Sep 3, 2010
    A very fun (and very short) little game, a FPS puzzle game, which is a genre I didn't enough know existed until now. This portal concept is something I would love to see in a straight puzzle game: no villains just tons and tons of puzzle maps to play would be amazing. However, I thought GLaDOS was a wonderful character (which is important, being the only one besides the player) who workedA very fun (and very short) little game, a FPS puzzle game, which is a genre I didn't enough know existed until now. This portal concept is something I would love to see in a straight puzzle game: no villains just tons and tons of puzzle maps to play would be amazing. However, I thought GLaDOS was a wonderful character (which is important, being the only one besides the player) who worked well as an insane killer robot. I barely fnished her off in the end, because I was having so much fun listening to her mocking dialog ("your file says you were adopted and you have no friends, ha ha!"). Highly recommend to anyone that likes puzzles or games that play with physics. Expand
  21. Aug 27, 2010
    Excellent, addictive game.
    It has an inventive concept, a funny, well-observed (well, as much as it can be) script, and some lyrical dissonance at the end that'd make Todd Edward Smith flinch.
    Yes, it IS short, but I forgave this once I heard there's a sequel coming out.
  22. Feb 3, 2011
    A very impressive game, sure it isn't the longest game in the world. But this was something fresh, something new that blew everyone away. Interesting puzzles to solve, and I cant wait for Portal 2, looks awesome.
  23. Sep 6, 2010
    CoolCool game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  24. Sep 15, 2010
    When I bought the Orange Box, right after it was released, I really don't expected too much about portal, I bought that because of HL2 and TF2, but portal seemed to be a great game, it could be compared to HL2 when it was released. Something innovator, but it does not deserves 10 just because it's different, it deserves 10 because it is unique, adictive and captivating. There's no one whoWhen I bought the Orange Box, right after it was released, I really don't expected too much about portal, I bought that because of HL2 and TF2, but portal seemed to be a great game, it could be compared to HL2 when it was released. Something innovator, but it does not deserves 10 just because it's different, it deserves 10 because it is unique, adictive and captivating. There's no one who can fake someone (or something) like GLaDOS. Portal is unique. Expand
  25. Sep 22, 2010
    The best game I'v played, ever. The Antagonist (enemy, bad guys, ext.) is GLaDOS, the AI who runs Aperture Science, is the best enemy in any game, unlike in Halo 1 were the Covenant are basically the 'bad guys' who should be killed, GLaDOS's point of view is perfectly understandable: She is programed to be better at science than Black Mesa and without morals or ethics, even if floodingThe best game I'v played, ever. The Antagonist (enemy, bad guys, ext.) is GLaDOS, the AI who runs Aperture Science, is the best enemy in any game, unlike in Halo 1 were the Covenant are basically the 'bad guys' who should be killed, GLaDOS's point of view is perfectly understandable: She is programed to be better at science than Black Mesa and without morals or ethics, even if flooding entire buildings with neurotoxins killing hundreds of scientist is the quickest/best/easiest option. I, for one, will be really looking forward to the sequel: Portal 2 Expand
  26. Sep 24, 2010
    Just great. I loved every single second of it. Played it through at least five times. It has mind-bending puzzles, hilarious dialog and just great graphics. Definitely one of the better Valve and PC titles ever created.
  27. Oct 9, 2010
    No excuse for not owning this game. It will run on most PCs even pretty old ones and the experience is unique, bringing something new and fresh into gaming. Please do yourself a favor and GET this game.
  28. Oct 15, 2010
    Up till now there is no better, funnier storyline in computer-gaming. A breath of fresh air among the hundreds of games all following the same paths, managers left and right to stop anyone being original.
    Portal dares and succeeds on all fronts. GlaDos may be borrowed, but Clarke's/Kubrick's HAL9000 never was THAT funny. Plus she was in love with me....(did she bake that cake?)
  29. Feb 3, 2011
    The Good: The writing is goddamn near perfect. The black humor, wonderful dialogue, and fantastic voice acting is perfect. The game mechanics work great, no glitches to speak of. The characterization of GLaDoS is great and make her (it?) my favorite game character. It's challenging, but not hard, the AI's decent, and the game is short, but that's good because it doesn't overstay it'sThe Good: The writing is goddamn near perfect. The black humor, wonderful dialogue, and fantastic voice acting is perfect. The game mechanics work great, no glitches to speak of. The characterization of GLaDoS is great and make her (it?) my favorite game character. It's challenging, but not hard, the AI's decent, and the game is short, but that's good because it doesn't overstay it's welcome. The Bad: Well.....um....there's......you know what? There's nothing bad about Portal. Seriously. The Ugly: No graphics issues to speak of. The games looks great. Expand
  30. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = I seriously want to delve into the minds of the developers at Valve. They are just geniuses. This game is seriously unbelievable.

The idea behind Portal ends up being more brilliant than Portal itself. Regardless, we definitely had a lot of fun with what is there and appreciate the level of polish and thought that went into the presentation.
  2. Portal is a magnificent puzzle game. The titillating wrongness of every solution and the wonky thinking required to get there make you feel like a space-folding genius, and yet you'll almost never get stuck.
  3. One of the most interesting and delightful things Valve's ever done, but also one of its least fulfilling. If only we had our own portal gun to bridge the gap to the first infusion of new content, perhaps we could forget it.