Post Apocalyptic Mayhem PC

7.0

1. Oct 1, 2011
    The game looks a lot better than I expected, it really captures that Post-Apocalypse feel. The game mechanics themselves are simple and the controls aren't the best but all in all I've had fun with PAM, especially with friends.
  2. Jan 4, 2012
    Play it with friends.
    But this game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo short -.-
  3. Jan 5, 2012
    Good fun with friends, and free DLC has been added.
    Although it could do with some more expansion, it doesn't deserve the low critics rating.
    I bought it while it was on sale on Steam (after a free weekend, if I remember correctly), and it was worth what I paid for it.
  4. Jul 19, 2012
    This is an arcade game, not a simulation and in the arcade game genre is a good game even if we would have hoped a little more side choices or customization.
    Finally it is a good fun game, he we ammuse, isn't the principal ?
    PS : Very good for children.
  5. AWG
    Aug 14, 2013
    Unexpectedly good. Post Apocalyptic Mayhem is a cool racing game with a fair set of challenges and well-designed achievements. Cars are funny and tracks are interesting. Too bad the multiplayer seems to be dead.
  6. Apr 24, 2011
    Saw it on Steam, it was cheap for $9.99, said what the hell, bought a 3-pack purchase for $20.00, and gave the other 2 copies to friends. Short and sweet - its a fun game, like a cross between Twisted Metal and Mario Kart, lap track racing with colored weapon pickups like in Mario Kart, but in the form of barrels, and it "weapons" are of Twisted Metal inspiration. The downfall of this gameSaw it on Steam, it was cheap for $9.99, said what the hell, bought a 3-pack purchase for $20.00, and gave the other 2 copies to friends. Short and sweet - its a fun game, like a cross between Twisted Metal and Mario Kart, lap track racing with colored weapon pickups like in Mario Kart, but in the form of barrels, and it "weapons" are of Twisted Metal inspiration. The downfall of this game is that its very limited, only 6 vehicles to choose from, that aren't very well balanced in offense/defense/power/speed, one vehicle in particular is extremely over powered, but it moves like a tank, if you get stopped, good luck catching up. Also, there are tiny glitches and track edges that literally stop your vehicle of all momentum thus losing your position, and instead of trying to kill your enemies, you end up playing catch up just to finish the race...with only 6 vehicles, 3 tracks and very limited game modes, it would be worth purchasing for $5.00 honestly... Although I said this game was fun, and it is! its only worth purchasing if you can convince 5 more friends to get it as well, and have fun playing this with friends from time to time...I only say this because the games search mode is faulty and it makes it almost pure luck to join in on someone online unless you're already friends playing this together. I give PAM 6 for a mildly entertaining game among friends, playing this by yourself or trying to find random opponents online is just boring. If this game had more support, more vehicles, more maps, MORE EVERYTHING, it would be well worth purchasing. Expand
  7. Apr 22, 2012
    Cars+Guns = Profit.
    Take out all the enemies with powerful guns and tricks, be ready also to meet not easy wins against the other participants, as you want to take them down, they do the same to you !
  8. Jul 19, 2011
    Decent Mario Cart rip off. It's fun when it works, but the lobby system is glitchy and the driving physics are poorly implemented--the driving doesn't feel arcadish enough for this type of game. Cars lose control way too easily. Lots of invisible walls to run into. Uneven balance of available vehicles.
  9. Mar 25, 2012
    PAM is a MarioKart-style racing game with an emphasis on attacking other racers. The races I played were fun enough... I found the vehicles easy enough to handle (I crashed a few times, but still stayed with the pack regardless). The attack options are unfortunately limited. You have three types of short-range attacks, which really doesn't feel like enough for a game where you win byPAM is a MarioKart-style racing game with an emphasis on attacking other racers. The races I played were fun enough... I found the vehicles easy enough to handle (I crashed a few times, but still stayed with the pack regardless). The attack options are unfortunately limited. You have three types of short-range attacks, which really doesn't feel like enough for a game where you win by attacking.

The complete lack of tutorial surprised me. The complete lack of a single-player campaign really surprised me. The unfortunate thing about this game is that there is very little incentive to keep playing. There are a few unlocked cars and achievements, but that's it.

Don't even consider PAM for single-player alone unless you really want MarioKart (any of them), but can't get it. This game can only really be worthwhile in multiplayer, and even then, MarioKart is a more enjoyable experience with far better weapons. I won't say that PAM isn't fun, but I will say it's not worth the money spent.
  10. Aug 13, 2013
    The main problem is that this game misses the fast pace and momentum that would be expected from a powerup racer. If this game had some better physics and tighter levels, it would even come close to Blur.

However it's pretty polished, looks nice, has a lot of tracks and fun to boot up if you're bored. Don't expect busy multiplayer though.
  11. Jun 24, 2015
    Although you may see that Metacritic gave this game a 44/100, don't think it's a bad game. It's not a PERFECT game, but it is quite a good game to play once in a while. Kinda reminds me of a Wii game I own called Spogs racing. Although it was quite complicated at first as there is NO tutorial to help you out. The controls are clunky, and the multiplayer is not the best I've seen. AlthoughAlthough you may see that Metacritic gave this game a 44/100, don't think it's a bad game. It's not a PERFECT game, but it is quite a good game to play once in a while. Kinda reminds me of a Wii game I own called Spogs racing. Although it was quite complicated at first as there is NO tutorial to help you out. The controls are clunky, and the multiplayer is not the best I've seen. Although I am recommending it, I'd suggest you get this game when its offered for free (like GreenManGaming) or when it's on a price drop... otherwise don't bother! Expand

1. Jun 19, 2011
    PAM - Post Apocalyptic Mayhem is cool, but way too short.
  2. PC PowerPlay
    May 22, 2011
    Entertaining, but flawed; just like its mythological counterparts! [June 2011, p.71]
  3. PC Gamer