Postal 2: Share the Pain PC

8.3

1. May 28, 2016
    What is this? The game is full of crash causing bugs and it adds only 20-30 minutes of new gaming experience. The developers think they can sell everything - and they are right. There are enough people, who pay money for this. Wouldn't even buy it for 1 Dollar.
  2. Nov 11, 2012
    This game sucks ferociously. Graphics are awful, buggy as hell, and runs like a dog.

The most offensive part is not the content its the gameplay. It's just a dumb, broken mess.

Give points to Running with Scissors for coming up with a brilliant anti-piracy concept though - even torrenting this game would be a waste of time.
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    Not convinced a lot of these reviews are legit. More like the devs have been creating multiple accounts and bumping up the score. This game is terrible.
  4. Jan 18, 2013
    this game is very bad and i wasted my money i wish steam gave refunds because i feel ripped off do not buy this is the reason the usa is investigating gun violence because this stupid game promotes murder 24/7
  5. Nov 4, 2012
    As it seems that most reviews on here are at least from prior to the (re)release on Steam, I just had to voice my opinion on the game and last but not least the team behind it.

Firstly, how a company dares to charge a premium price (a 10 year old game that's hardly been revamped at all) is beyond me. I'm simply baffled by this and it just shows that the company behind the game, Running with Scissors (or RWS), doesn't have any respect for the fans nor casual gamers who might find interest in a game that, to be honest, was bloody brilliant. However, it was brilliant 10 years ago.

Compare it to games in its price range, such as Payday: The Heist, Killing Floor, Torchlight II and Orcs Must Die 2 and it's a nobrainer where your money should go.

No, Postal 2 should be, if not abandonware, then freeware at least. They could've use microtransactions if they'd even bother ,but they just took the route of ripping people off instead.

Sad, cause it was a mental and frankly a good game. Was, as in 2003. Stay away!
  6. Dec 10, 2012
    Postal 2 was originally released in 2003. It is a notable pioneer in the open-world / sand box games, although controversial at the time for its graphic violence. Fast forward about 10 years til present day and you'll realize that a plethora of similar games with improved gameplay and mechanism. Examples? GTA franchise, Far Cry Franchise, Just Cause, Sleeping Dogs (my fav), and the listPostal 2 was originally released in 2003. It is a notable pioneer in the open-world / sand box games, although controversial at the time for its graphic violence. Fast forward about 10 years til present day and you'll realize that a plethora of similar games with improved gameplay and mechanism. Examples? GTA franchise, Far Cry Franchise, Just Cause, Sleeping Dogs (my fav), and the list goes on. Although I enjoy bits of gaming nostalgia, I can't possibly justify the Steam pricetag of $14.99.

Only buy this game if you are curious what all the hype was about (ten years ago) or if it goes on sale for ridiculously cheap. Even on sale, I'd probably just save my money... There's so many new games with polished mechanics and graphics, dont waste your time on this archaic title.
  7. Nov 21, 2016
    Bought this on Steam and it crashes reliably if too many NPCs are killed. I have Windows 10 with 8 gb ram and i7 processor. same problem on Mac too. talked to RWS about the crash on Mac, they said their code guy went awol and that they would have it fixed soon. RWS has not fixed this 2 year old bug and suffice to say, they will not fix it. The bug report submission form has been disabledBought this on Steam and it crashes reliably if too many NPCs are killed. I have Windows 10 with 8 gb ram and i7 processor. same problem on Mac too. talked to RWS about the crash on Mac, they said their code guy went awol and that they would have it fixed soon. RWS has not fixed this 2 year old bug and suffice to say, they will not fix it. The bug report submission form has been disabled or broken, the link that leads to RWS's forum is dead, and they no longer respond to the Steam message boards. I think it's time to bury this title. It's been two years and I'm tired of waiting for them to do something. Expand

1. Cheat Code Central
    Once you get past the uber-violent novelty of killing innocent civilians with everything from Molotov cocktails to weapons of mass destruction, you'll find the gameplay rather repetitive and shallow.
  2. The enhancements to the single player game are certainly a huge improvement and the multiplayer modes are reasonably fun although you might have trouble finding other people to play with or against.
    The multiplayer gameplay is just as half-baked on a gameplay level as the single-player, making Share the Pain good for some temporary novelty diversion, but not much more. If you were truly a fan of Postal 2, then you'll probably get a kick out of this.