Postal III PC

3.0

1. Apr 15, 2012
    This game is barely playable because of how badly optimized it is. My friend gifted me it and I wanted it because the videos on YouTube look fairly decent. But the sad part is that the STEAM version of Postal 3 is that its in RUSSIAN. You can't get it in English. You can torrent it and get the English version that way. Not by buying the legitimate version. Thanks RWS for designing a badThis game is barely playable because of how badly optimized it is. My friend gifted me it and I wanted it because the videos on YouTube look fairly decent. But the sad part is that the STEAM version of Postal 3 is that its in RUSSIAN. You can't get it in English. You can torrent it and get the English version that way. Not by buying the legitimate version. Thanks RWS for designing a bad game and their stupid drunk Russian publishers releasing the game a month earlier by mistake. Expand
  2. Mar 7, 2012
    I just do not understand why they keep this sh*t up. If you read my reviews for the first 2, you'll know that these games are just stupid jokes. Now they did the same thing, making it even more cliche and annoying. Kind if like a bad dream.
  3. Mar 9, 2012
    Buggy and very poor performance Source Engine that i played so far,i mean.....wth is wrong with RWC? Is this was Akella Fault or just slapped release? Crap,i hate this game....go play Postal 2 instead.
  4. Apr 21, 2012
    Full of bugs and too much repetitive sadly, even if it has his own "Fun moments" you should get Postal 2, it's better, sort of, and lowest on price, else just save up for something else.
  5. Oct 30, 2013
    I give it 1 point for devs having balls to release this game. Its a complete junk and you will be offended right away. Literally there is nothing good and a lot wrong with it. Dont play it!
  6. Oct 21, 2012
    Turns out RWS had little to no input on how this got made. Akella are the reason this game got made so badly. Look at the beta footage on youtube of the RWS version. It was going to have multiplayer, it was open world, it would of been a much more refined game. Bad move on RWS for hiring Akella but live and learn, hopefully they are able to fund another 100% RWS developed project in theTurns out RWS had little to no input on how this got made. Akella are the reason this game got made so badly. Look at the beta footage on youtube of the RWS version. It was going to have multiplayer, it was open world, it would of been a much more refined game. Bad move on RWS for hiring Akella but live and learn, hopefully they are able to fund another 100% RWS developed project in the future (like Postal2). Expand
  7. Jun 18, 2013
    One info here. Postal 3 was not developed by RWS, but instead by some Russian Trashmaster Studios.

Postal series was a simple concept. Test your violence as you complete mundane errands. Of course, know that fate often turns against you. Well, this is just Postal. You have to play it to understand it. The game works on Valve Source Engine which may make a player think that he/she

The game works on Valve Source Engine which may make a player think that he/she encounters a good game. The fact is, Source is very advanced engine, so the available options of graphics, sound etc. are extensive and one can adjust settings to balance performance. Oh god, what could I give to feel like that by going through this mess.

Story like a story, in Postal it didn't have any major meaning and sense. Same thing is here, but developers decided to continue the story from Postal 2. After the Paradise town has been destroyed by nuclear warhead,of course with our help, Postal Dude moved to the town called Catharsis, to start a better life and find a job. Our goal is to get the job. Everything is covered in typical for Postal humour, controversy and limits of good taste. But one thing made me suspicious. The name of this town. Does the word Catharsis was a message sent by TM Studios? The answer is clear. Everyone who played this will need a relief to nightmares and trauma caused by the game's content.

The gameplay is nothing compared to prequel. In Postal 2, player can (despite given errands) without limits kill innocent bystanders, explore a big town and the only true danger was the Police. In new Postal this aspect is gone. Forget about the open world and careful exploration. Catharsis is much smaller than Paradise. The game is linear, just like Apocalypse Weekend. All you have to do is only complete your tasks. Enemies spawn like crazy, so you won't have time for any calm walking.

Postal 3 gave us something new to gameplay. The path choice. Yes. We can choose to keep evil side of Postal Dude, and support Uncle Dave, or (and I'm not joking) become a kind policeman and defend the law. I thought that developers ate drain cleaner in bulk quantities before they made this game. And what we are going to do as a freshly hired police officer? We are going to stun everyone with tazer and cuff them. Prisoners escaped from cells? Stun and cuff them all. Attackers in a park? Stun and cuff them all. Pissed off feminists in action? Stun and cuff them all. Good path is longer than Evil one, but what sense the game has on doing the same thing?

No bad word can be said about sick armory. We have a shovel, well known by fans, gasoline can with matches, badger saw, brand new machine gun, thrown bee hive and cats usable as silencers or dervish. In short, superior entertainment for murderers. Unfortunately despite enormous inventory, I found a big need for firearms. Apart from gas can we won't find anything. Also there's no flamethrower made of lighter and deodorant. But this is nothing compared to the shooting itself. Since the game is in third person, we are using firearms from the back. This is logical. Complete lack of recoil, yet inaccurate controls are oddity. The biggest problem is fist fight. It looks like the protagonist has hands made of cotton and he was after three strokes before attacking an enemy. Punching the air is very common.

Graphics of Postal 3 is a joke. It seems to be picture of previous generation. Lots of saturation and improper shadows. Lighting is also messed up. And the biggest surprise everything has been made in Source.

Music of the game is great. It fits well to the game. Psychedelic variation of rock and metal is like cure for the cancer caused by this game. I cannot say the same about FX. Weapon shots sound like hitting the table with a piece of meat. All voices apart from Postal Dude ones, are annoying.

Artificial intelligence leaves a lot to wish about. The enemies are fighting us like morons. And difficulty of the game is not flat. Remember the police in Postal 2? Escape from it was a challenge. How situation looks here? If player annihilated certain amount of bystanders with machete for instance, one police officer is sent to the area that stands still and inflicts damage on player. But if we move few buildings away, our blue friends completely forget about everything. But lack of effort has been shown in escort missions, which made me put a fork into my eye sockets. NPCs often stop on walls and lose path. Player has to move backwards to see if escorted person is not stuck. They sometimes don't move at all.

Performance of the game is poor. It's buggy and framerate often decreases.

If most stuff in Postal 3 could be improved, the game would be be better than prequel. We will no longer experience the story of Postal Dude properly, thanks to this crap.
  8. May 19, 2012
    I can't even believe its a game it some files having some visuals and motion programming .. that's it ..... totally unworthy ..... Screw such developers who dont think atleast twice before developeing the game ............
    ...........
  9. Feb 13, 2012
    I'm sorry to whoever played and developed this "game". For the majority of the hour I had with this garbage had me shouting to my computer, "WHY AM I PLAYING THIS CRAP". The only person who deserves this games attention is the panda equivalent of Osama Bin Laden
  10. Jul 19, 2012
    Wow... just WOW... They ruined a good game! Only played this because of the name, I loved the postal 2 but this is awful. I remember postal 2 as best game ever. Postal 3 has so many bugs and glitches and what is worst there is NO free roam. Weapons are non-balanced, ect. i would make it to the end with just machete, also you will unlock almost all weapons at begin. Weapons sucks a lot,Wow... just WOW... They ruined a good game! Only played this because of the name, I loved the postal 2 but this is awful. I remember postal 2 as best game ever. Postal 3 has so many bugs and glitches and what is worst there is NO free roam. Weapons are non-balanced, ect. i would make it to the end with just machete, also you will unlock almost all weapons at begin. Weapons sucks a lot, the effect of gascan is even better in postal 2, I would rate postal 2 (10/10) cause everything is better in postal 2, its enjoyable and with good sense of humor. Expand
  11. Jan 15, 2012
    I hesitate to even really call this a game, which saddens me deeply as I was a huge fan of Postal 2, and have recently bought and replayed it off GOG.
    First off, if you're surprised to find Postal 3 even came out, especially last December, well, there's a reason for that. Never before have I seen a release so heavily botched. Even Valve seems to be unsure of it's release, as they've been debating over how to handle the unlocking and the store page. You can get a steam code for the game in only one of two ways due to this: 1. By paying an RWS guy $40 and waiting for him to, eventually, email you a code or 2. Buying it from one of a few smaller online download sites and getting a Steam code from them. You can't get it from Steam, as they've even decided to drop the store page.
    Beyond the horrible release issues, there's the horrible gameplay issues. The game crashes constantly, it freezes, there's weird graphical bugs that range from just being annoying to being downright hilarious, there's a wide variety of gameplay bugs that prevent the player from even continuing the game...
    Aside from the bugs, they've also removed the freedom Postal 2 had. Now, instead, it's a level-based linear game reminiscent of the expansion pack to Postal 2, only a lot less funny. The humor... I swear to god it's less Postal 1 & 2 and more Uwe Boll's Postal film. It's trying too damn hard to be edgy, and in the end it feels less like a fun, raunchy experience and more like a little kid that just learned some cuss words and ethnic slurs.
    Go grab, say, Bulletstorm instead. Hell, even Duke Nukem Forever. Postal 3 honestly makes Duke Nukem Forever look like Duke Nukem 3D.
  12. Jan 18, 2012
    I don't understand why people are hating on this game.. Obviously it is seriously flawed with bugs and graphical errors, but over all that, there is still some of that classic postal humor, and it looks pretty nice on the source engine. From me, this game only gets a 7. I would give it an 8 or 9 if they were to implicate free roam and make some bug fixes.
  13. Feb 24, 2015
    Postal 3 is amongst the WORST games I have ever played. Definitely in the top 5 worst. It's glitchy, it's BARELY functional, unfunny, boring, repetitive and just awful overall. Postal 3 is one of those games worth avoiding.
  14. Dec 28, 2011
    Running With Scissors hits it again! A humor filled, gore packed funride that has tons of gameplay. The game can be played through on a good or bad path which brings tons of interesting happenings to the game.
  15. May 7, 2012
    You know when a game is so stupid and horribly made it's fun? Like, you call your friends over to play said game and laugh about how crappy the game is? This isn't even that. It's just a drab, boring game. Don't even think about getting this game, there's nothing good or fun about it...at all.
  16. Dec 26, 2011
    This junk software is one of the worst games ever dared to release. Every aspects of the program is very bad- the controlling, the gameplay, the storyline, the graphics, the programming are all incredibly terrible. I don't know how dared they release a piece of crap like this, but please don't let them earn huge amount of money. Please DON'T buy it!
  17. Jan 15, 2013
    This game takes everything you liked about postal 2 and removes them. No open world, just a linear path from stage to stage and a meter reminds you if you're bad or nice so you can continue on your straight and boring path. constant cut scenes slow the game down way too much, horrible music on all of the limited tracks and they repeat throughout the game a lot. Bugs don't ruin a game forThis game takes everything you liked about postal 2 and removes them. No open world, just a linear path from stage to stage and a meter reminds you if you're bad or nice so you can continue on your straight and boring path. constant cut scenes slow the game down way too much, horrible music on all of the limited tracks and they repeat throughout the game a lot. Bugs don't ruin a game for me but they definitely ruined most the boss fights and some weapons as well. Expand
  18. Apr 22, 2012
    I know a lot of people are going to trash this game because it's blatantly offensive, crude, poorly put together, and (at times) just plain annoying. And... it is. I'm not saying that this is a $60 dollar game, but if you played and enjoyed Postal II, then you should enjoy this one. I think they did a lot of things wrong, like taking out sandbox and changing the POV, but this game stillI know a lot of people are going to trash this game because it's blatantly offensive, crude, poorly put together, and (at times) just plain annoying. And... it is. I'm not saying that this is a $60 dollar game, but if you played and enjoyed Postal II, then you should enjoy this one. I think they did a lot of things wrong, like taking out sandbox and changing the POV, but this game still brings back the giggles and late night hysterics that the first one brought on. Expand
  19. Jul 30, 2012
    Postal III is a fun game but it has lot of issues that keep you from enjoying the game, I would wait for this game to go down in price before you get it. Gameplay is not as good as Postal II but it's still fun and the story is entertaining but the bugs drag this game down. Wait for this to go on sale and then buy it or wait for this game to be patched.
  20. Dec 25, 2012
    Yes, i do know, this game has hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of problems, but that's not the reason to hate it. As i highly dobout, people who never played games from the Postal Series will NOT enjoy the game, but they can give a try if they like comedy with a South Park-ish style, I enjoyed the game very much could not stop laughing at any moment of their jokes, but killing peopleYes, i do know, this game has hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of problems, but that's not the reason to hate it. As i highly dobout, people who never played games from the Postal Series will NOT enjoy the game, but they can give a try if they like comedy with a South Park-ish style, I enjoyed the game very much could not stop laughing at any moment of their jokes, but killing people with "sv_cheats 1" is one of the most funny things i saw in a game, but let's talk about the price: is it worth the 49 $? -NO, it's not, wait til the price lowers, altough i liked Postal III, it is not a game that you will remember for life, so do not buy it...... yet

I will not call it the "real" Postal III as i can see that RWS will remake the game by themselves in the future.
  21. Dec 21, 2011
    game developers today seem not to have a clue what they are doing

just one examole in this game is the headbob=the screen shake when you move

yeah add more stuff like that because people love headache,nausea and to to feel like a camera not a man in a game

lol they really are pathetic
  22. May 23, 2012
    This is the example how a third-party company can ruin everything - style, jokes, game play, all the stuff, if they will have a power. Russia - one, entire world - zero. 1 point for secksy cloth simulation on Source
  23. May 2, 2012
    Well,I don't know why people complain.Yes,Postal 3 is a very buggy game,yes it has crap graphics,but it has some crude humor,a cover system and many,many gameplay paths.Unfortunately,it was to brutally received.
  24. Feb 17, 2012
    Of course the game is **** To understand that you can just watch the trailer. Graphics are awful. And by the way, this game was made by Russians, which explains a lot. P.S. All Postal III metascore reviews could be divided into 2 categories: 0-3 and 10. And I think all 10 score reviews are written by developers.
  25. Dec 28, 2011
    Fun game and very brutal game! Unfortunately, not become the blockbuster as hoped! Many crashes, too short, too buggy and bad Performence. Perhaps, is created by einenm patch at least for the remedial power: (
  26. May 28, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER!!! Yo
    YO
    YOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYO
  27. Dec 29, 2011
    This is my first review ever on metacritic. Hell, I created this account just to review this game. People must know how bad this is, just so they don't make the same mistake as I did. Are you a fan of modern shooters? Are you a fan of games with a stable engine? Are you a fan of Postal series? Then this game is definitely not for you. I've never seen such a poor made use of the SourceThis is my first review ever on metacritic. Hell, I created this account just to review this game. People must know how bad this is, just so they don't make the same mistake as I did. Are you a fan of modern shooters? Are you a fan of games with a stable engine? Are you a fan of Postal series? Then this game is definitely not for you. I've never seen such a poor made use of the Source engine. Horrible hit detection, weapons that are rendered useless by the poor implemented controls, what else can I say? To be honest, I'm more than halfway through the game and the only weapon I consistently use is the taser. Advantages? Ranged weapon, with unlimited ammunition. It's more than enough to get you through. Why then put at our disposal 20 plus weapons when we're able to get through the game with one? Talk about unbalanced. Then there's the humour, which remains Postal typical humour, and it's just about the only positive aspect of this game. Hence the 1. Expand
  28. Jan 2, 2012
    So buggy its unplayable and the developers depended on some Russian company to release the patches and all their content after, but they only been keeping it in Russia so its unplayable for the rest of us with crashes every 10 to 20 min. If it was not for that it would be a good game. I would say screw Akella and release the patches myself if I where them. But there are so many freak-enSo buggy its unplayable and the developers depended on some Russian company to release the patches and all their content after, but they only been keeping it in Russia so its unplayable for the rest of us with crashes every 10 to 20 min. If it was not for that it would be a good game. I would say screw Akella and release the patches myself if I where them. But there are so many freak-en bugs I doubt RWS will be able to fix them and probably just blame it on valve when it was poor dissensions made by them. Which lead to a completely unplayable game, and if you look in the positive reviews some of them are made by the developers themselves. While others I am guessing either have found a way to get the Russian patch working or never played the game itself, There is no avoiding glitches or bugs that will make you fustraighted with this game. Go with postal 10th anniversary instead if your going to buy a postal game. Its much more worth it than this cash-in. Expand
  29. Feb 15, 2012
    A game for fools, and nothing more. In Postal 3 there is no one good hand, never knew what this game can bring. I actually have nothing to say, sorry.
    Gameplay: 3/10
    Graphics: 4/10
    Music: 4/0
    Dynamics: 5/10
    That's it. My personal opinion: the game is not worth your time to it.
  30. Jun 14, 2012
    This game deserves to be buried in Siberia and burned it has some of the most reckless game play ever it has retarded objectives and bat **** controls

1. Mar 20, 2012
    Postal III is a disappointment: the game shows a very bad technical realization and little respect for civil and ethical tastes.
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    The uninspired gameplay, incoherent narrative, and off-color humor of Postal III result in a game that has clearly passed its expiration date.
  3. Feb 26, 2012
    If you're going to be offensive, you need a point. This has none, either as satire, commentary, videogame or comedy. [Mar 2012, p.118]