Primal Carnage PC

• Publisher: Reverb
  • Release Date: Oct 29, 2012
7.5

1. Jun 3, 2013
    the ideal of this game is fine, but the control is very bad, you can't reload while sprinting, you need reload first...
    and the sniper rifle is troublesome to use with scope, the balance is bad, you can hardly see the flame gay and sniper character in a role. yet it's great to play as the dinosaur.
  2. Feb 7, 2013
    It's pretty fun but the balance seems favored highly towards the dinos. Probably worth the cost and a few hours of your time. Playing as a TRex is so fun it might justify buying this. Anyway, good work for an indie-ish game.
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    A promising indie title that still needs a lot of work, to be exact, more content. So far, only deadmatch mode is available and it soon becomes clear how limited this game is right now (they promise other modes for free, but we don't know when). Plus, people in the game are overpowered and it usually ends up with gang of people that dinosaurs are trying to break. This is not a perfect gameA promising indie title that still needs a lot of work, to be exact, more content. So far, only deadmatch mode is available and it soon becomes clear how limited this game is right now (they promise other modes for free, but we don't know when). Plus, people in the game are overpowered and it usually ends up with gang of people that dinosaurs are trying to break. This is not a perfect game by any means, but people are obviously thrilled by another decent dinosaur game after long time (especially after horrible Dino beatdown, after playing that, I would call anything masterpiece), so they rate it better than it deserves. Also, it's basically L4D ripoff, if you compare dinosaur classes with zombie classes there. Collapse
  4. Jul 6, 2013
    Super fun game, there just isn't much to it really. Its fun to get on and play for an hour or so just to kill some time and have some fun, But when it comes down to it, you get bored after a little time playing just because of the lack of content.
  5. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is every multiplayer team game mixed with Jurassic Park. The dinosaurs are terrifying if you're a human but they aren't really overpowered. I've had a lot of fun so far playing it, and I will continue to play it in the future.

The only thing I can see wrong with the game and why I gave it 7/10 was because of the lack of customizability. They need more guns! More options for human players to choose from. It makes sense that dinosaurs only have certain abilities, but humans should be able to at least pick from a selection of weaponry.

Other than that, it's a fantastic game and I recommend purchasing it (if it's on sale for the time being)!.
  6. Feb 18, 2013
    I previously rated this a 3 due to lack of content but the developers have worked hard and added the new Get to the Chopper mode which has finally added some purpose to the game. The barebones team deathmatch mode was always just a contest to see who could switch to the dinosaur team fastest when one of them got bored and stopped playing, but with Get to the Chopper mode there's a reasonI previously rated this a 3 due to lack of content but the developers have worked hard and added the new Get to the Chopper mode which has finally added some purpose to the game. The barebones team deathmatch mode was always just a contest to see who could switch to the dinosaur team fastest when one of them got bored and stopped playing, but with Get to the Chopper mode there's a reason to play the human team and actually work together. Expand
  7. Apr 20, 2013
    It's a bit rough around the edges, but I find this to be a great multiplayer game overall. Classes of dinosaurs and humans are widely varied, graphics are pretty decent, and the game is stable and runs smoothly for me. The things I find holding it back are lack of class progression/unlocks, and the only real customization is some skins you can pay for as DLC. I've had over 10 hours inIt's a bit rough around the edges, but I find this to be a great multiplayer game overall. Classes of dinosaurs and humans are widely varied, graphics are pretty decent, and the game is stable and runs smoothly for me. The things I find holding it back are lack of class progression/unlocks, and the only real customization is some skins you can pay for as DLC. I've had over 10 hours in the game though and still find it fun to pick up. Expand
  8. Jan 1, 2013
    Primal Carnage has a lot of potential but is quite insubstantial in its current form. The game that is there (1 gamemode and 5 maps) is well-balanced and fun to play as either humans or dinosaurs with each class feeling unique in its own way. I will update my rating if Lukewarm can live up to their promises.
  9. May 24, 2013
    Is Primal Carnage fun? Yes.
    Is it worth $15? No.
    The fun factor of this game is its gimmicks, but that doesn't make it bad (some classes feel really broken against others (Trappers against smaller dinos, for example)). But, if you wanna pick this up, wait for a Steam sale. In my own opinion, paying $15 for the whole thing is a waste.
  10. Sep 23, 2014
    -Snip-
    ...............................................................................................................................................
  11. Jun 5, 2014
    The game is alright, but not in the fashion the presentation glorifies. It feels more like a deathmatch with constant running and reckless shooting. I felt no excitement about the classes and game modes, and sadly deleted the game after few matches.

Still this could be worth a try for the dino fans, so my thumb is up.
  12. Jun 24, 2015
    If you love dinosaurs (like me) or you love Jurassic Park by Steven Spielberg (like me) or you have been searching for the perfect dinosaur game (like me), Primal Carnage is the game for you! From it's fantastic graphics, enviromental level design, textures and modelling of the dinosaurs, it is a great game! It's mostly a team deathmatch with Humans v.s. Dinosaurs as I heard that the gameIf you love dinosaurs (like me) or you love Jurassic Park by Steven Spielberg (like me) or you have been searching for the perfect dinosaur game (like me), Primal Carnage is the game for you! From it's fantastic graphics, enviromental level design, textures and modelling of the dinosaurs, it is a great game! It's mostly a team deathmatch with Humans v.s. Dinosaurs as I heard that the game does not have so many modes, so if you are thinking of purchasing this game, be warned that the game does not include many modes. But if you want a perfect killing deatmatch dinosaur game, forget Dino D-Day or even ORION: Dino Beatdown and get Primal Carnage, its the better out of all the dinosaur games I know of, a great game to enjoy with yourself and your friends. With all its tense moments, great modelling of dinosaurs and great gameplay, its a great game to have in your Steam library! Expand
  13. Nov 14, 2012

1. Mar 5, 2013
    An interesting subject of humans and dinosaurs pitched against each other is the only unique thing this game has to offer. [CD-Action 03/2013, p.68]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    Lukewarm Media set out to do one simple thing with Primal Carnage: let people play, as and fight, dinosaurs. They hit that mark and then some. Even with no level progression, I still come back to it just to eat some humans. For $15, you get the closest thing there is to a Jurassic Park multiplayer game, and it also happens to be a lot of fun.
  3. Feb 7, 2013
    Just fun in a straight-forwarded way. Having dinosaurs is one of the key elements that makes it different and enjoyable, however, we think there's no enough content to keep us playing after a few hours.