• Publisher: Reverb
  • Release Date: Oct 29, 2012
7.5

1. Nov 1, 2012
    This game is great. They did an absolutely amazing job at making the dinosaurs scary as hell, yet not overpowered. Playing each of them feels great, intuitive and natural. Playing the humans is truly a tense experience. Many times the games will end up with the humans huddled around an ammo crate fending off the dinosaurs as they try to break up the group. The thing is, when you getThis game is great. They did an absolutely amazing job at making the dinosaurs scary as hell, yet not overpowered. Playing each of them feels great, intuitive and natural. Playing the humans is truly a tense experience. Many times the games will end up with the humans huddled around an ammo crate fending off the dinosaurs as they try to break up the group. The thing is, when you get picked off from the group (which will inevitably happen), you will spawn away from the group. Now all of a sudden you are out in the open alone, heading toward the same point on the map as all of the dinosaurs, this is where the real fun begins, as invariably a dino (or multiple) will be hard on your tail before you make it back to the group.

I'm loving this game, and I can't wait for more maps and a new mode or two. Definitely worth the price of admission; I'll get more hours out of this game than most of the blockbusters in the last year combined.
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    Primal Carnage is everything Dino beat down isPrimal Carnage is everything Dino beat down is not.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Expand
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    I think they really hit this one on the head its a perfect dino game and it seams that everything is well balanced it was done with a small team of developers and i think they did a wonderfull job.
  4. Oct 31, 2012
    Wow i really did not expect it to be as good as it is. It really has that jurassic park movie feel to it. the teams are well balanced the raptor is the best class for the dino side and the sniper and tranquilizer is the best on the human side. So far iv only seen one bug and it was a graphical glitch that has gone away, from what i have played it is well worth the 15 dollars. I give it aWow i really did not expect it to be as good as it is. It really has that jurassic park movie feel to it. the teams are well balanced the raptor is the best class for the dino side and the sniper and tranquilizer is the best on the human side. So far iv only seen one bug and it was a graphical glitch that has gone away, from what i have played it is well worth the 15 dollars. I give it a solid 8.5 out of 10 and thats just becouse it needs some polishing and will be more like a 9 Expand
  5. Nov 1, 2012
    OK, so I've played this game since release and have a few hours of gameplay under my belt now. First, excellent job on Primal Carnage; it is well made and extremely fun, good job team. Also you should give your modeler a higher percentage for doing such an awesome job. Now there are a few things I'd like to bring up that I found problematic. One major issue I have is the auto-team balance.OK, so I've played this game since release and have a few hours of gameplay under my belt now. First, excellent job on Primal Carnage; it is well made and extremely fun, good job team. Also you should give your modeler a higher percentage for doing such an awesome job. Now there are a few things I'd like to bring up that I found problematic. One major issue I have is the auto-team balance. I have played 2 full rounds as dinosaurs out of roughly 130 games and all but those 2 times I have been auto switched to humans. I do not know if people are taking advantage of some team switching glitch or something, but it's annoying and irritates me to no end. I understand that everyone wants to play as dinosaurs but don't quit the server every time you have to be human. Other than the auto team balance issue, nothing remains. It's a great game that I recommend everyone picks up. Few things can match being a pterodactyl picking up a human and taking them to the top of the map before dropping them; it's like built-in trolling, I love it. Expand
  6. Oct 31, 2012
    All i now is i can play as the T-Rex and that is awsome. You definity get your money's worth. For 15 bucks you cant beat this game. And it has free dlc coming sone.
  7. Nov 2, 2012
    Lets start off buy saying that the game is alot of fun, its pros far out weighs its cons. There are a few bugs, i have had some glitching and it could use more polishing. I can say that it is very enjoyable.
  8. Apr 11, 2013
    it very fantastic game i'm buy it 5 dollar and it worth to buy this with powerfully graphic
    and co-op with 1000 hours game play. very funny when playing with friend
  9. Apr 11, 2013
    This game is fun as hell. Each class fits a role, and counters something else. It feels great to see how the classes work together. The levels are gorgeous and well set up. Playing as the humans is a tense experience and who doesn't love dinosaurs. I hope it continues to get support and maintains a healthy population, because I honestly enjoy this more than Team Fortress, Counterstrike orThis game is fun as hell. Each class fits a role, and counters something else. It feels great to see how the classes work together. The levels are gorgeous and well set up. Playing as the humans is a tense experience and who doesn't love dinosaurs. I hope it continues to get support and maintains a healthy population, because I honestly enjoy this more than Team Fortress, Counterstrike or Call of Duty. Expand
  10. May 19, 2013
    This is a wonderful wonderful game, with many opportunities. It is extremely entertaining and offers hours and hours of fun and enjoyment. If you are looking for a dinosaur game, this is the game you want.
  11. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is bad ass. The graphics are amazing. The combat is fluent and Every class is unique and fun to play. With a few bug fixes and free map and game mode dlc (as promised), this game deserves an almost perfect score. I hope to see the serves stay active.
  12. Nov 22, 2012
    This game was a great deal at $15. There is only deathmatch right now, but considering it is a small indie game studio, it is understandable that the game is still under development. That said, what I've played has been extremely enjoyable. There is a lot of detail in the maps gives the battlefield great atmosphere, and the different classes have a lot of diversity and character. JustThis game was a great deal at $15. There is only deathmatch right now, but considering it is a small indie game studio, it is understandable that the game is still under development. That said, what I've played has been extremely enjoyable. There is a lot of detail in the maps gives the battlefield great atmosphere, and the different classes have a lot of diversity and character. Just playing T-Rex and charging into battles, trampling players and eating them whole, was well worth the price of admission. I love to roar as I'm chasing down a lone human player, as they try to avoid this monster bearing down on them. Seldom do they escape... but with great power also comes certain vulnerabilities.

There is free DLC on the way to add more to the multiplayer experience, such as objectives, as well as skins for the dinos. This game was an instant favorite, and I'm looking forward to what new features are developed.
  13. Nov 28, 2012
    Primal Carnage was bought for me as a gift, and when I received it I said to myself "Oh crap, now I have to play this terrible game with my friend because he bought it for me." Well, I was completely, absolutely and incredibly wrong. This game is the most fun I've had playing with my friends since my LAN party days with Warcraft 3. It's not a AAA title with a great story or incrediblyPrimal Carnage was bought for me as a gift, and when I received it I said to myself "Oh crap, now I have to play this terrible game with my friend because he bought it for me." Well, I was completely, absolutely and incredibly wrong. This game is the most fun I've had playing with my friends since my LAN party days with Warcraft 3. It's not a AAA title with a great story or incredibly large beautiful environments that will pull you in. What it does though, it does very well. The maps are designed well, and the game looks very good (much better than I expected). The controls are precise and pretty easy to get a handle on (take a look at the keyboard layout and you can figure it out pretty well). There are different classes to play for both humans and dinos, giving you different ways to play. The game may not be up for any awards, but it is 100% fun. Expand
  14. Feb 8, 2013
    This is a cool game, but it still needs to add some more features into the game that I look forward to. The dinosaurs are so fun to play as, some of them take alot or some pratice in order to master, same goes for the humans. Also a ton of hilarious moments occur while playing which brings a good feeling. I highly recommend you get this game since it's also at a decent price and if youThis is a cool game, but it still needs to add some more features into the game that I look forward to. The dinosaurs are so fun to play as, some of them take alot or some pratice in order to master, same goes for the humans. Also a ton of hilarious moments occur while playing which brings a good feeling. I highly recommend you get this game since it's also at a decent price and if you enjoy dinosaurs then you will surely enjoy this. Expand
  15. Jun 26, 2013
    They did amazing job but as well as theres bad stuff such as Glitches !
    the game is all abt glitches and 2 possible mods DeathMatch and GTTC...
    however it really deserve 7 out of 10 because its first of its kind and the dinos looks awesome as well as humans team
  16. Mar 13, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game! Despite being in South Africa and having to deal with 200+ ping to servers, the game compensates for the lag superbly. The teams are very balanced with the smaller dinosaurs having to rely on pack-work or stealth to take down single enemies whereas the humans have some very powerful arsenals at their disposal. The maps are beautifully designed and the game flowsAbsolutely fantastic game! Despite being in South Africa and having to deal with 200+ ping to servers, the game compensates for the lag superbly. The teams are very balanced with the smaller dinosaurs having to rely on pack-work or stealth to take down single enemies whereas the humans have some very powerful arsenals at their disposal. The maps are beautifully designed and the game flows very nicely. Should get an even higher rating because this is an indie game. The dinos are intimidating and very powerful but the humans have the advantage of weaponry and maneuverability. There are bugs and it is a bit short on content but that doesn't take away from the fact that you can play as a massive T-Rex that runs over or eats people up! How is that NOT awesome? Plus, it is only $15. Also, I got it on special so only paid $5. WIN! Expand
  17. Nov 30, 2013
    its cheap and really funny to play i also gonna buy all the DLC
    So if i were you ask your mom your dad (parents) to buy this awesome game
    and see waht you can do
  18. Jun 13, 2013
    Well thought out game well designed maps beautiful artwork crazy awesome gameplay. Some time needed to master attacks of each character one flaw you can't always be on the DINO team.
  19. Apr 20, 2013
    I absolutely love this game. It may not have a wide variety of game modes, but it's still pretty addicting. I mean, come on...dinosaurs, lol. You really have to have good team work in order to survive...or kill. In the end you'll be satisfied either way. Just try it out.
  20. May 12, 2013
    Primal Carnage is the step that really captures dinosaur gaming. Not only is this the few dinosaur based game but it is really fun in many ways. The classes are amazing and all of them have a role in the game play and none of them are overpowered. In fact many of the classes have another weakness from a different class. The Tyrannosaurus can't take far ranged classes. But if there arePrimal Carnage is the step that really captures dinosaur gaming. Not only is this the few dinosaur based game but it is really fun in many ways. The classes are amazing and all of them have a role in the game play and none of them are overpowered. In fact many of the classes have another weakness from a different class. The Tyrannosaurus can't take far ranged classes. But if there are short ranged it would be a easy kill. Now the game has two types of teams. Dino and Human, The human team plays in a first person few while the dinosaurs play in a third person few. Now let's talk about the classes.
    Humans:
    Pyro- Has a flamethrower and a chainsaw and can deal lots of damage. Just don't attack a T'rex or a Carnotaurus with this class or your dead.
    Commando- A heavy tank that can enflict massive damage yet isn't that well with agility. Pteranodons can pick this one up and drop him to the floor.
    Trapper- Does exactly what the name tells. It traps small dinosaurs and kills them. Big dinosaurs can only be trapped by there mouths and even then they can still trample you.
    Pathfinder- This class is most likely the supportive class. It can blind dinosaurs and them kill them with his shotgun. Yet the shotgun isn't that big of a range weapon.
    Scientist- The only female character in the game and can do some damage with her sniper. She can also use her trank dart.

Dinosaur:
    Novaraptor- One of the fastest classes in the game. Can lunge onto the humans and will kill them instantly. The pyro can kill this dinosaur with his chainsaw so keep a eye out.
    Pteranodon- Yeah so this is the hardest of the classes. It really doesn't work well and I couldn't pick up one human so yeah. You may need practice with this one.
    Dilophosaurus- Can spit poison in enemy's eyes ans can bite with a punch.
    Carnotaurus- This one replaced the Compy in the game so yeah that was somewhat a let down but it really is fun to play with this class. This class can charge a enemy and ram it in the air as it falls and splats to the ground.
    Trex and Spinosaurus- Now the reason why I am doing them at the both time is because they play the same. Both of them have tons of health yet they are slow. Snipers can take these guys out so be carful with these guys.

Now the game types don't varry that much you have your standered death match and get to the place. So there really isn't that much of creativity in this part.

In conclusion this game is great. I will give it a 8.5 out of ten.
  21. Dec 10, 2014
    Great Game. the game modes are pretty simple, but you'll never have 2 games that exactly alike. I never get tired of running around as a T-Rex, Novaraptor, and Carnotaurus. Most people like to be on the dino team, as it's generally easier, but I find it fun to be on either team. I play mostly as Trapper on the Human side, since, with some practice, you can single-handedly take on a groupGreat Game. the game modes are pretty simple, but you'll never have 2 games that exactly alike. I never get tired of running around as a T-Rex, Novaraptor, and Carnotaurus. Most people like to be on the dino team, as it's generally easier, but I find it fun to be on either team. I play mostly as Trapper on the Human side, since, with some practice, you can single-handedly take on a group of dinos and come out on top. (I did it yesterday, 3 Novas and 1 Ptera at one time) I can easily sit and play this game for hours on end, even more if I'm playing with friends. It doesn't seem to get old for me. Visuals in this game are great, dino animations and models are beautiful, the best I've ever seen in a video game. Clipping can be an issue sometimes, especially with larger dinos, but I can understand since you would be extremely limited in where you could go with the T-Rex and Spino if they made the collisions more exact, which would make it less fun in my opinion. Would recommend this game to anyone. Expand

1. Mar 5, 2013
    An interesting subject of humans and dinosaurs pitched against each other is the only unique thing this game has to offer. [CD-Action 03/2013, p.68]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    Lukewarm Media set out to do one simple thing with Primal Carnage: let people play, as and fight, dinosaurs. They hit that mark and then some. Even with no level progression, I still come back to it just to eat some humans. For $15, you get the closest thing there is to a Jurassic Park multiplayer game, and it also happens to be a lot of fun.
  3. Feb 7, 2013
    Just fun in a straight-forwarded way. Having dinosaurs is one of the key elements that makes it different and enjoyable, however, we think there's no enough content to keep us playing after a few hours.