7.7

1. May 21, 2013
    While this is primarily a tower defense game, it also has elements of ccg and rpg, and does all three very well. The high quality graphics, appropriate music, and above average voice acting combine to add a nice atmosphere. You get a lot of game for the price. They did a good job of balancing the maps for the main story line so that you need to build a lot of strength to get through them,While this is primarily a tower defense game, it also has elements of ccg and rpg, and does all three very well. The high quality graphics, appropriate music, and above average voice acting combine to add a nice atmosphere. You get a lot of game for the price. They did a good job of balancing the maps for the main story line so that you need to build a lot of strength to get through them, but most of the maps you build up that strength on become way too easy very quickly. There's a hint in the storyline that there will be more to come. I will definitely buy any dlc that comes out for this game. Expand
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    unimpressive at all. As a pc version of tower defense game, the graphic quality is not that great. The story is boring, and nothing innovative was found. Linear gameplay style combined with a tedious and repetitive stage. just play a free tower defense game in your smart phone or tablet for leisure is more worthy to waste money on this game.
  3. Jun 22, 2013
    The idea of joining card game and tower defense was a nice one. It opens up for a lot of customization and the way you do it in the game is pretty neat and interesting.
    Having a full deck allows you to think each level and how you can beat it.
    The graphics are pretty nice too, but the towers look ugly and the enemies are the same over and over again. The real problem with the game is
    Having a full deck allows you to think each level and how you can beat it.
    The real problem with the game is that it gets boring real fast. First you are presented with a story of two warring factions that do not appear in the game at all. Then you go to the tutorial, which shows you every detail about the nuances of the game but it does so in so many levels that it gets frustrating and, sometimes, counterproductive.
    After that you're off to go play the real game and, guess what, nothing changes. You're off to level after level of the same enemies, not so different map layout and same towers (they don't chance when you level them up to look different or mode bad ass). And since you're going to have to play a lot in the same levels for money and new cards, well, you can imagine that the game gets dull fast.
    Not to mention that the game is pretty unbalanced, you're getting your ass wiped easily, then you get a new card to upgrade an already existing one and suddenly it's a piece of cake. The damage sometimes more than double for one level up of a tower. All I had to do for most of the levels was to level up the most basic tower to max level and place it on the levels. I got perfect on all of them. Didn't even need another tower.
    Oh, and don't think it's easy to get new towers to upgrade, you'll be playing level after level after level and, at the end of each one you're going to have to get lucky and pick, between five cards, something useful. You can spend in-game currency to try and pick 3 out of the 5 instead of 1 (which is free after the level is beaten), but it doesn't pay off since they charge a lot for that second and third try.
    Despite all that, the game will grow on you if you're a fan of tower defense and can overlook it's many flaws, spending some nice hours beating all the levels and trying to get perfect score on them.
    For me, it was a pass.
  4. Jun 13, 2013
    I was unimpressed.

It's a tower defense game where you play in a very beautiful environment but with substandard interface and upgrade options. In fact, you can't upgrade your towers at all during the first five levels and clicking the "speed up" icon will kill you more often than if you suffer through the long marches. In terms of pros, the game is visually very nice. The "creeps"
    I was unimpressed.

In terms of pros, the game is visually very nice. The "creeps" you are killing can be very funny. Some of them look like brooms and some of them have eyeballs that dangle in front of their bodies.

In terms of cons, the very first "bomb" they gave me does less damage than a single hit from a single tower and costs more than all the other starter towers. That should tell you how poorly conceived this game is. The card forging system is interesting, but ultimately fell flat for me. The tutorial is endless, condescending, and in some cases counter-productive.

This game is a rewrap of several other free-to-play casual games I've seen from the same genre but with the Prime World theme and characters. If you love Prime World, stick with Prime World; don't get fooled by the marketing. For me, this one was a pass.
  5. Jun 7, 2013
    I don't quite understand the bad official reviews. The game is sheer fun to play from beginning to end. Even the grinding between official missions has always been fun, since it's never that long, and you always get a nice reward after every victory. Game length also seems ideal to me. I just finished the game and I feel like starting again with a different tower setup. (You have to investI don't quite understand the bad official reviews. The game is sheer fun to play from beginning to end. Even the grinding between official missions has always been fun, since it's never that long, and you always get a nice reward after every victory. Game length also seems ideal to me. I just finished the game and I feel like starting again with a different tower setup. (You have to invest in your towers, so you can never take more than half of the assortment with you really) Expand
  6. Dec 30, 2013
    I don't understand how this is considered only 58% here. The official reviewers should try more diverse genres before giving such low mark to a really good game.

I bought it for only 3.89$ on steam, I just haven't stopped playing in days. I love it. The system is great, it's challenging yet forgiving. It allows you to customize your different cards (towers or magic) and has multiple talents to choose from. I think it's the first 3D paid tower game which is actually well balanced. The story is small but fun and adds to the style of the game.

Well, I wish we could classify games on steam by user ratings instead of critics ratings.

BTW there's a demo for this game. I played it before buying the game, it convinced me.
  7. Oct 19, 2013
    A mix between a card-collecting game and tower defense is an incredibly awesome concept, but unfortunately this game is very poorly executed. The difficulty spikes are too steep, requiring you to grind "challenges" (which are really just previous levels) constantly. By the midway point of the game, you are literally spending >90% of your time just grinding. If there wasn't so muchA mix between a card-collecting game and tower defense is an incredibly awesome concept, but unfortunately this game is very poorly executed. The difficulty spikes are too steep, requiring you to grind "challenges" (which are really just previous levels) constantly. By the midway point of the game, you are literally spending >90% of your time just grinding. If there wasn't so much grinding, this would be a great game, but would probably only last three hours. As it stands, it's a bad 30 hour game due to the 27 hours of grinding necessary. Expand
  8. May 27, 2013
    Overall a good game for the price, though the negative features do begin to drag as the game progresses. The graphics are great, and the collectible card system (a first in the tower defence genre as far as I know) provides a novel way for the expansion of the range of towers available, and gives one a choice of which towers to focus on for upgrades.

On the downside the biggest factor

On the downside the biggest factor is the growing tedium of the grinding required between main missions in order to gain the gold and cards needed to pay for those upgrades. Not only does one need to play through a lot of side games, but these use the same maps as the main missions completed to that point, so sameness sets in quickly; they also aren't very challenging even on the Hard level.
  9. Jun 9, 2013
    The game is ok for the price. But I like defence grid much more which is even cheaper. So in my opinion the User Score here is MUCH to high for the game.
  10. Jun 6, 2013
    The game's highlight is by far its rpg and ccg elements. It features tower, spell and item cards that you can fuse or upgrade and you can get them either by winning battles or purchasing booster packs at the store. The game is pretty challenging if you want to get all 3 stars and 2 achievements in every level which gives it its replay value. To sum up, the game may not be the best towerThe game's highlight is by far its rpg and ccg elements. It features tower, spell and item cards that you can fuse or upgrade and you can get them either by winning battles or purchasing booster packs at the store. The game is pretty challenging if you want to get all 3 stars and 2 achievements in every level which gives it its replay value. To sum up, the game may not be the best tower defense out there but its unique gameplay makes it worth playing and deserves an enthusiastic 8 Expand
  11. Jul 3, 2013
    Great Game Hooked me more than some full price games. I really like highscoring against other players. Tower need some tuning but its agreat game and alot of fun.
  12. Oct 25, 2013
    This game is FUN! I cant leave once I begin to play with. The card system is cool, the towers and enemies looks awesome! This middle-age fantasy world is the best for a Tower Defense game!
  13. Feb 15, 2014
    I have no idea why everyone is giving this game a bad review? This is a solid Tower Defense game with many extra features that normal tower defense games just do not offer. The graphics are amazing, the card system is very coo, and the fuse/evolution feature is genius. This game does require a lot of grinding to be able to rack up money, exp, and stars....but that's where the fun comes in.I have no idea why everyone is giving this game a bad review? This is a solid Tower Defense game with many extra features that normal tower defense games just do not offer. The graphics are amazing, the card system is very coo, and the fuse/evolution feature is genius. This game does require a lot of grinding to be able to rack up money, exp, and stars....but that's where the fun comes in. If it were just so damn easy to play through this game and win, then it would not be fun. I have to say it is one of my favorite games i have played in the resent years. Only fault i have with this game is there are a minor glitch with the STEAM achievements, there are a few that even though you achieve them, they do no work. BUT they have just released a new patch that is supposed to fix this. I can not wait until they release more content, or even a sequel game! A must buy! Expand
  14. Aug 23, 2013
    I gave the game a try based on some positive reviews of the game itself. Unfortunately it didn't address the players. There were some of the most rude, vulgar and mean-spirited people I've seen in the virtual and real world. I've been playing games online for over 10 years and have yet to encounter any player base as hostile and disturbing as the player community of Prime World. TheI gave the game a try based on some positive reviews of the game itself. Unfortunately it didn't address the players. There were some of the most rude, vulgar and mean-spirited people I've seen in the virtual and real world. I've been playing games online for over 10 years and have yet to encounter any player base as hostile and disturbing as the player community of Prime World. The social aspect of it is the most "epic fail" I've seen.

Not all of the players were bad, but those that were not completely silent. I would suggest avoiding this game and looking elsewhere. There are plenty of great games out there where you won't be abused by troubled kids. and those that as them. It seems to be a haven for cowardice and misdirected hostility. Combine that with a frequently buggy game accompanied by painfully long queue times to play, and I would hope it fades away sooner rather than later. Do yourself a big favor and spend your money and time elsewhere.
    I
  15. Jun 15, 2013
    Can't get enough of this game. Defence Grid was good, but this pushes it up a notch. The magic system is interesting, but the collectible card system and crafting where you can fuse and evolve your towers is what really makes it sweet. It connects the battles with that 'just one more game' feeling.
  16. Jun 9, 2013
    Tower defense with RPG elements. Some battles are too easy, but the collection of cards, levelling of those cards aspect is pretty fun. Overall, a nice grinding game when you have nothing else to do.
  17. Jun 9, 2013
    This is one of the most unstable PC game I've ever played, it crashes and freezes randomly and it even corrupt your saves. The game started our pretty interesting, the concept was good but quickly followed by a massive confusion and terrible and overwhelming level design that make player lost and frustrated.
  18. Feb 12, 2014
    This is certainly a different take on tower defense games, Its ccg like elements make this one stand out. The card fusing and evolving mechanic is also a different and actually very enjoyable. The only real drawbacks to the game are the imbalance in the towers themselfs. Some towers are just to good not to use in every map while some have no place in the game at all. Also as you progressThis is certainly a different take on tower defense games, Its ccg like elements make this one stand out. The card fusing and evolving mechanic is also a different and actually very enjoyable. The only real drawbacks to the game are the imbalance in the towers themselfs. Some towers are just to good not to use in every map while some have no place in the game at all. Also as you progress in the game, earlier maps become retarded easy. Overall It has its flaws, but I personally had a great time playing this one took me around 70 hours to beat normal and heroic. Im sure I could have beat it alot quicker, but I was just having a good time with this title. Expand
  19. Jun 12, 2013
    I played the game for eight straight hours and i must say that it is worth the money i payed. There are some bugs with server that needs to be fixed. Atmosphere is very good, graphic is vivid and colourful. To keep the story short, this is not the best tower defence game but it is worth playing.
  20. Jun 28, 2013
    If you like tower games to pass the time, this is a hit. I also like Soul Survivor so take this review for what it is worth. Grid is still the tops however even that game got boring in time. So, this game would be better priced at 10$ but if you want to do something new for say 15+ hours I say roll it. The card melding thing is meehh. I like the Idea but you don't get to create anythingIf you like tower games to pass the time, this is a hit. I also like Soul Survivor so take this review for what it is worth. Grid is still the tops however even that game got boring in time. So, this game would be better priced at 10$ but if you want to do something new for say 15+ hours I say roll it. The card melding thing is meehh. I like the Idea but you don't get to create anything outside of the box. You advance towers according to your play style. The interface reminds me to much of a "free to play" game, other than that no negative from me. 1$ an hour for entertainment is fair, and this game has gone above and beyond the 1$ mark. I look forward to any DLC that may come. Yes this game makes me want to play Orcs Must Die /sigh. Expand
  21. Sep 10, 2014
    "The Tower Defense #4268"... Mostly it hasn't anything fresh or enjoyable - it's just the tower defense as "4267" previous mass-produced games was. Warcraft 3 style graphics, looks Ok, but to simple (It's due to ipad compatibility). Warcraft 3 style camera (very uncomfortable). Boring "classic" balance.
    Oh... it's free2play, that usually means you will suffer until you pay much more then normally games cost.
  22. Dec 2, 2013
    Bought this in the Steam sale...

Yes it's grindy...
    Yes you can see it was originally meant to be an F2P game...

BUT

what you get is a lot of fun, some great ideas, and a huge time-sink..
    definitely one for TD fans...
  23. Oct 24, 2014
    Prime World: Defenders combines an adequate tower defense game with an adequate card game, making this game mediocre in the worst way possible.
    Pros:
    It can be fun occasionally. Cons: 1. The cards are random, so you can't even pick which cards you want to buy, leaving you with weaker cards or unable to upgrade a new tower for much of the game. 2. You have to either grind or spend
    Pros:
    It can be fun occasionally.

Cons:
    2. You have to either grind or spend real money. I've spend some money on this game and, due to the random nature of drawing cards, gotten very little for it.
    3. Both in-game currencies are hard to come by. If you want to upgrade all of your talents, you MUST buy (with real money) stars beacuse you simply cannot earn enough over the course of the game.
    4. The levels are repetitive. A random mission from the first level will look the same as a random mission on the last level nearly every time.
    5. The difficulty goes from easy to incredibly hard real quick if you haven't upgraded the right towers out of the two dozen or so you can get.
    6. The game offers little strategy aside from "get as many fully upgraded high-damage towers as you possibly can." Slow your enemies? barely works. stun them? Don't make me laugh.
    7. Magic is absurdly weak to the point that i question why it's even in the game. At the last levels every single spell is useless because they do 6,000 damage and the enemies have well over 50,000 hp (some have around 150,000 as far as I can tell).
    8. At the end of each level, you're presented with five cards, ranging from useless (xp bonuses and low level cards) to amazing (epic-level cards). You have to blindly pick one at random, so if you do see a good card, you have a 20% chance of choosing it. You can pick up to two other cards for extra silver.

In short, this game is made well but poorly executed. Too much random chance, towers and levels are bland (and due to perspective and the graphics can be confusing), and the difficulty is really all over the place. Very little about this game is good.

If you want a good tower defense game, go play Kingdom Rush/Kingdom Rush: Frontiers or Bloons 5. Leave this one alone.

1. Jun 28, 2013
    Prime World Defenders is a lot of fun and one of the best tower defense games on the market. Its problems lie more in the lack of refinements on some great ideas.
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    I wanted to like Prime World: Defenders as it really had me going for the first few levels. I had a couple of close calls where my HP almost went down but I managed to keep it perfect with well placed towers. This exciting back and forth between me and the enemies rarely showed its head again during the rest of my playthrough.
  3. Jun 20, 2013
    If you are looking for a refreshing tower defence title, then there is something in Prime World: Defenders you will enjoy. People who are more fussy with their choice of tower defence games might find this to be an ambitious title with problems.