7.1

1. Oct 6, 2013
    While very early in development compared to other MOBAs, this game has great potential. The talent system is wonderful, allowing for endless customization of your heroes. The castle system offers alternatives in how you obtain talents and EXP to level up your heroes to be more efficient in battle, but is not explicitly needed, so those who prefer just the MOBA part aren't obligated to takeWhile very early in development compared to other MOBAs, this game has great potential. The talent system is wonderful, allowing for endless customization of your heroes. The castle system offers alternatives in how you obtain talents and EXP to level up your heroes to be more efficient in battle, but is not explicitly needed, so those who prefer just the MOBA part aren't obligated to take part in the castle building.

The minigame, more commonly known as zuma, gives very significant strategic advantages and disadvantages, making it useful, and perhaps even essential in some cases, but if you're not careful, you can throw the game with it. With the splitting of Prime (the ingame EXP system used to "buy" talents for leveling and items) between all nearby heroes, the minigame allows a team the option of not having to share in farming a lane (a 1/1/1 lane situation, with a jungler and a minigame player), giving the team maximum gain from farming lanes on a per-player basis. The minigame player earns slightly less Prime overall compared to their allies, but they provide their allies with consumable scrolls which can easily turn the tide of a lane if they're in trouble, or give that extra push to allow for total domination of a lane.

As this game develops more and more, it will continue to improve, and give a unique aspect to the MOBA genre that hasn't been touched yet.
  2. Oct 2, 2013
    Unfortunately, due to character limit I can't go into deep detail about Prime World. But, here's my review:

I love it! Talents are a nice change and provide a different level of building. The zuma game has a lot of controversy from newer players but trust me, it's a must. Not really a must has in it has to stay in the game, but a must has in you'll want someone playing zuma. The scrolls really help lanes (scrolls like healing over time) and other scrolls for late game that can completely turn around fights. It also allows everyone to solo lane and not lose out on Prime. I've been playing Prime World since the closed betas that began several months ago. I absolutely enjoy this game and would recommended it to anyone.

Let me note a few downsides though. Currently, we have a rather low population. Now, since the game just released on Steam that should be gaining us a lot of players. This is what will solve the major problem of Prime World which is Matchmaking. Prime World's Matchmaking focuses on getting the players in games rather than sitting in queue for hours on end. This causes unbalanced games to occur at times. Such as, higher ratings vs low ratings that leave little chance for the lower players to win. However, increasing the populating will fix this issue and Steam should take care of that. The other negative note is hero balance. Overall, the balance of Prime World is, well balanced. However, there is always room for improvement and Prime World isn't exempt from that.
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    Love Prime World, its a great and no experience to play. I love the way you can customize your hero and be complete different from another. Also the developers are extremely active with the community which is always a great feeling when you ask a question and it gets answered.
  4. Oct 7, 2013
    Out of all new MOBA's that have been our recently, Prime World is one of the most interesting and exciting. The first thing you will come across is it's unique and beautiful art style&graphics. Despite having a pretty low system requirements, the game looks really refined and designed. The sound and music is also extremely good. I even downloaded a few tracks for myself (they areOut of all new MOBA's that have been our recently, Prime World is one of the most interesting and exciting. The first thing you will come across is it's unique and beautiful art style&graphics. Despite having a pretty low system requirements, the game looks really refined and designed. The sound and music is also extremely good. I even downloaded a few tracks for myself (they are distributed freely). The gameplay itself does not come far from general MOBA, but has it's own interesting additions, like some tactical elements with flag capturing. Additionally, the game has 8 different modes, far more than most other MOBA's have.
    Now, the most unique feature of the game is it's persistant progression. This is what defines the game as innovative.
    The only thing I was cautious about is its castle part. I first associated it with a FarmVile type of games, but in the end it proved to be quite different from that.

Overall, I really like this game. Surprisingly, It's free to play and far from being p2w. But I guess it's what all MOBA's are these days.
  5. Oct 2, 2013
    I enjoy the game very much, particularly the way each of your heroes develops individually and get stronger the more you play them. The community is the main highlight for me, with many contests going on, the participation available is great and there is a lot of hands on from the developers, I will often spend more time on the forums than actually playing the game!
    From a gameplay
    From a gameplay perspective, it is particularly enjoyable how levelling up and customisation of each individual is handled.
  6. Oct 16, 2013
    Interesting game that promises a lot, refreshing and actually great talents and prime system worth checking out. Also, u level up each hero separately which i find better option. Customization in this game is... Well, check out for yourself
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    Prime World strives to bring change to the MOBA genre with the developer actively engaging with the community to make changes based on player feedback. Nival approaches their players as the heart of the experience by actively reaching out for them to engage themselves with feedback, and to involve themselves in the community.

As others have mentioned the game has a fantastic castle

As others have mentioned the game has a fantastic castle building element which allows for experience gains for the player in the same fashion as a summoner level, and for individual heroes through the Inn which lets you send heroes on quests to obtain XP and loot. When you have obtained higher Lord levels you will be able to unlock new heroes, and hero buildings which give minor in-game stat bonuses, making the castle very worthwhile to improve.

Gameplay is very similar to those who are familiar with genre, however the experience is much more involved and satisfying due to the talent system. Talents are obtained from playing games, and from certain buildings in the castle. These talents allows players to tailor each hero to suit their playstyle in the same fashion of an RPG, with heroes also having levels independent of each other which give points with each level to allocate to an attribute of your choosing. This is a great system as it really keeps you engaged and focused to have long term satisfaction.

The only downside is the current issue of players being uneven in matchmaking skill. Initially this was not an issue as longer queue times ensured even matchups, however the community asked for change to reduce queue times, and a sacrifice in quality was made. This can be frustrating for those who are new and feel overwhelmed by the skill gaps. Given more time, once players establish themselves more the ratings will even out in much the same way as LoL did, so it's only a temporary issue.

Overall I would recommend everybody give Prime World a crack, and really get involved in the community so they can understand the mechanics of the game and have a great time.
  8. Dec 31, 2013
    Although this game will be fun at first, the excitement constantly withers.
    The most irritating aspect is the character balancing, because there is no balance. Many of the characters such as the witch, frog rider, vampire, and woodsmen (all very expense) require very little skill to decimate the opposition, while most other characters are left at the mercy of the top 4.
    Next on the
    Although this game will be fun at first, the excitement constantly withers.

Next on the list is the matchmaking, because prime world has 2 separate factions (the imperium and the keepers) it automatically reduces the amount of matchmaking options for the computer. The split wouldn't be as bad if the ratio was 1:1, but ends up closer to 3:1 (3 being Imperium). Beyond the blunder of the faction blunder of the developers, prime world features the most sophisticated matching system ever designed, only problem is they forgot to turn it on, need an example? SURE! A team of 5 yellows (very beginning level category [which determines how strong you are at later levels in the game]) vs 3 purples a blue and a green (pretty much annihilation in a can).

Third, talents. The ability to customize your character, I love it. Only problem? Talents offer a wide array of abilities and stats, but each talent affects how your stats increase per level which causes a HUGE power gap between different colored characters.

Fourth, Zuma, while I'm all for variety, if I wanted to play Zuma, well, I wouldn't be playing prime world now would I?

The fifth rant item is the castle, this is where you will spent about 1/3 of your time on prime world while you wait for a match to start. While this offers you something to do instead of staring at a "waiting" screen or, well, playing Zuma (not included in the castle) you can do a number of things that will bore your pants off, such as my favorite thing to do, pay silver (in game currency) to refresh each and every character so you can play them more than 3 times a day. Or buy another character.

Item six, BUYING characters. You have a few options for buying a character, if you want the new additions you can buy them right away for only $20, what a steal, am I right? If you wish to work your way to buying a character with silver (which you earn pitiful amounts of) prepare to play for, not minutes, not hours, but days, not 2 hours a day, but LITERAL days, or you can buy the first few 10 or so, which will only take a few hours for each.

Finally, seven, if you bothered to read this far, in all honesty the game itself has a lot of potential if characters were cheaper and balanced, matchmaking was cleaner and they got rid of the faction separator, then this game would be fun for longer. I have 105 hours logged on the game so I spent about 40-60 hours actually playing it. If you want an example of how long it takes to get some really good characters, I have a friend (currently logged 444 hours) he bought the woodsman at around 400 hours, which is the cheapest of the top 4 I mentioned. If you're the 1 person who read through this, I thank you.
  9. Oct 8, 2013
    Prime World has what most people would expect from a MOBA: Decent graphics and animations that, while not the best out there, do their work really well, a 5v5 map with three lanes and jungle with a river splitting it by half.
    But Prime World also offers much more, it offers different modes, like a one-lane 3v3, a 4v4 race through the jungle, and variations to the usual 5v5 map.
    There
    There are, however, two special points that make Prime World stand over the rest of MOBAs. One, is it's customization thanks to the talent system, a well designed system that allows you to modify your hero to better suit your style.
    The second one is, and this is the most amazing thing, the community. Prime World's community is one of the less toxic communities in the MOBA genre, if not the least toxic. The rules are clear, Nival doesn't like toxicity and it's dealt with in a severe fashion, starting with bans for a while to bans forever.
    If you come to play Prime World, you will find that which you love from other MOBAs, and more.
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    This game fleshes out the Moba scene with a rpg flavor with the power/talent system. With a castle system that allows for some facebook style farming. The mini game in the Moba combat allows for a unique approach to the support role.
  11. Oct 26, 2013
    Game is a MOBA game, therefore it falls into the typical jungle/ lanes. However zuma was added into the game as an alternate source of income. This source of income is typically slower than income of lanes by about 20%. People playing zuma typically fall behind and must play catch up after doing it for 10 minutes or so. The rewards for zuma is great, usually shifting the balance of theGame is a MOBA game, therefore it falls into the typical jungle/ lanes. However zuma was added into the game as an alternate source of income. This source of income is typically slower than income of lanes by about 20%. People playing zuma typically fall behind and must play catch up after doing it for 10 minutes or so. The rewards for zuma is great, usually shifting the balance of the lane by a bit or make a jungler's ganks much stronger.

While I did like the flavor zuma reward scrolls it brings to the team, i feel some stuff is a bit out of balance. First of all, match making. While i know the game is slightly under populated, but it gets frustrating being yellow 1200 rating vs a purple 1700 rating. Second, talents are essentially items you bring into the game so you can purchase. These talents are found by completing matches (or doing some castle stuff). Talents range from yellow, green, blue, purple, orange (the best, though its not employed regularly so purple is prob best most people will be using). so for any amount of money, your stat growth is varied essentially by how good of a talent you bring into game. Starting out you are a yellow player, generally you fight against yellow players only. But when you start getting matched with purple players as a yellow player, you will soon feel the difference. Lets say both players are lvl 20 (max lvl 36) same character, one will do ~1000 damage nuke while the purple character will do 1500-2000 damage nuke. The difference in level is felt really hard as game progresses. Obviously, skill at playing game is more important than talents still, but having better talents than your enemies will give yourself an advantage (starting mid/late game). Early game is defined by your personal skill as acquired talents are not being employed at a huge degree yet. Pass lvl 10 or so, difference will be felt. Lastly, match making can take forever and a day to find (3-8 minutes), whats worse is most of the time you will not be able to change your character selection. I've been in games where my team is only squishies and have 2 supports. You pick a character before entering queue which is why the team composition for solo queue sometimes is complete garbage (I have done a match of 4 tanks 1 dps against a team of 4 dps 1 support. The tanks can cc a few, but all 4 dps focus down on 1 carry and then win the rest of team fight easy)

Castle feels like a secondary thing they just tack onto the main game. It is for people to do something whenever they got time to take care of it. However it does give people advantage in game by having a well developed castle (starting lvl 30, you can get perma boost to characters in game, but that will be a while). Clans are also found in castle and takes resources to level up. Working on castle is not a bad idea. If you are a free player, getting silver might be more difficult. Consider using castle as an alternative way to make silver (silver are used to recover heroes' vigor and buy new ones. heroes without enough "vigor" can still be played but will give you less rewards upon finishing a game)

Overall, this is a nice game to pick up. when player base gets larger, the match making can have easier time to pick up fairer matches in terms of both skill level and talent level
  12. Nov 11, 2013
    WOW if u get a chance to play this i highly recommend it!!!!!
    A definite must have for your collection. very addictive and revolutionary upgrading system like no other!!
    Come play today!!!
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    The most interesting moba experience I've had yet. Progress chosen hero's building them with loot (Talents) gained after every match. Couple this with innovative design and the most responsive controls I've ever seen, makes for my new Moba home. Oh, and it's free to play... All it needs now is a larger community. Don't understand the copy and paste reviews out there. Listen to theThe most interesting moba experience I've had yet. Progress chosen hero's building them with loot (Talents) gained after every match. Couple this with innovative design and the most responsive controls I've ever seen, makes for my new Moba home. Oh, and it's free to play... All it needs now is a larger community. Don't understand the copy and paste reviews out there. Listen to the people who actually play it. Expand
  14. Dec 1, 2013
    Prime World Dota 2 Dota 2, (Dota 2); 1-1-1-1-1 ).

P.S.:

1. Mar 28, 2014
    Both familiar and interestingly different, this is a gentle introduction for newbies, or a charismatic change-up for MOBA veterans. [Apr 2014, p.61]
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Prime World fails to follow through on many of its innovative ideas. From boring castle-building to unrewarding single-player and a typical map, there isn’t much reason to choose it over any other free-to-play MOBA.
    If you want another MOBA game and you do not want to spend a penny, this is the one to get. A surprisingly competent freemium product for fans of the popular strategy genre.