7.1

1. Dec 31, 2013
    Although this game will be fun at first, the excitement constantly withers.
    The most irritating aspect is the character balancing, because there is no balance. Many of the characters such as the witch, frog rider, vampire, and woodsmen (all very expense) require very little skill to decimate the opposition, while most other characters are left at the mercy of the top 4.

Next on the
    list is the matchmaking, because prime world has 2 separate factions (the imperium and the keepers) it automatically reduces the amount of matchmaking options for the computer. The split wouldn't be as bad if the ratio was 1:1, but ends up closer to 3:1 (3 being Imperium). Beyond the blunder of the faction blunder of the developers, prime world features the most sophisticated matching system ever designed, only problem is they forgot to turn it on, need an example? SURE! A team of 5 yellows (very beginning level category [which determines how strong you are at later levels in the game]) vs 3 purples a blue and a green (pretty much annihilation in a can).

Third, talents. The ability to customize your character, I love it. Only problem? Talents offer a wide array of abilities and stats, but each talent affects how your stats increase per level which causes a HUGE power gap between different colored characters.

Fourth, Zuma, while I'm all for variety, if I wanted to play Zuma, well, I wouldn't be playing prime world now would I?

The fifth rant item is the castle, this is where you will spent about 1/3 of your time on prime world while you wait for a match to start. While this offers you something to do instead of staring at a "waiting" screen or, well, playing Zuma (not included in the castle) you can do a number of things that will bore your pants off, such as my favorite thing to do, pay silver (in game currency) to refresh each and every character so you can play them more than 3 times a day. Or buy another character.

Item six, BUYING characters. You have a few options for buying a character, if you want the new additions you can buy them right away for only $20, what a steal, am I right? If you wish to work your way to buying a character with silver (which you earn pitiful amounts of) prepare to play for, not minutes, not hours, but days, not 2 hours a day, but LITERAL days, or you can buy the first few 10 or so, which will only take a few hours for each.

Finally, seven, if you bothered to read this far, in all honesty the game itself has a lot of potential if characters were cheaper and balanced, matchmaking was cleaner and they got rid of the faction separator, then this game would be fun for longer. I have 105 hours logged on the game so I spent about 40-60 hours actually playing it. If you want an example of how long it takes to get some really good characters, I have a friend (currently logged 444 hours) he bought the woodsman at around 400 hours, which is the cheapest of the top 4 I mentioned. If you're the 1 person who read through this, I thank you.

1. Mar 28, 2014
    Both familiar and interestingly different, this is a gentle introduction for newbies, or a charismatic change-up for MOBA veterans. [Apr 2014, p.61]
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Prime World fails to follow through on many of its innovative ideas. From boring castle-building to unrewarding single-player and a typical map, there isn’t much reason to choose it over any other free-to-play MOBA.
    If you want another MOBA game and you do not want to spend a penny, this is the one to get. A surprisingly competent freemium product for fans of the popular strategy genre.