Primordia PC

8.9

1. Jul 29, 2013
    It's an indie adventure game meaning you will move the cursor around the screen hunting for interactive objects, then collect them into inventory and attempt to apply them randomly to any other interactive object on the screen or in the inventory. I am personally not much into this kind of games. The artwork is pretty mediocre and the resolution is very low (640x480 probably). The music isIt's an indie adventure game meaning you will move the cursor around the screen hunting for interactive objects, then collect them into inventory and attempt to apply them randomly to any other interactive object on the screen or in the inventory. I am personally not much into this kind of games. The artwork is pretty mediocre and the resolution is very low (640x480 probably). The music is good. I couldn't get far to see any of the story, just got stuck at the first few puzzles, as usually in such games. The game is definitely for those who like adventure games of this kind. Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    Terrible endings rule what is otherwise the best game from WadjetEye to date. The game has an intriguing storyline, good characterizations, solid voice acting, excellent game play and puzzles that are challenging without being obtuse. The problem is that all of this leads up to an ending(s) that not only feels abrupt but is a limp as a soggy noodle. Honestly, when I was done I felt robbedTerrible endings rule what is otherwise the best game from WadjetEye to date. The game has an intriguing storyline, good characterizations, solid voice acting, excellent game play and puzzles that are challenging without being obtuse. The problem is that all of this leads up to an ending(s) that not only feels abrupt but is a limp as a soggy noodle. Honestly, when I was done I felt robbed not of my attention but of my time. This is especially so because the most obvious ending choice (simply refusing) leads to the lamest ending. When I was done I looked at a walkthrough and discovered there are seven(!) different possible endings. The game would have been far better off if it had just regulated itself to the one or two endings that were actually cool.

There are other issues. The hint system doesn't work as well as one might hope, as it always seems to be two steps ahead or behind where the players activity is actually at. None of the choices in the game actually impact the outcome at all, rending the way your progress through the game moot..The graphics are, as is typical from this publisher, subpar.

It is really unfortunate because I feel that this game is only a few steps away from greatness. Most of the game is well-done and engaging enough that I actually finished it. But when the player spends hours working through the game to be left with a pile of mush in their hands the disappointment lingers.
  3. Jun 1, 2013
    The atmosphere in the game is fantastic. You have this rusting and decaying world in the colours of rusting metals and flickering lights here and there. Exactly what I expected from the teaser images I saw before purchasing the game. The purposefully crude graphics are wonderful and I fell in love with them even though I usually prefer HD graphics in games. I also liked the voice actingThe atmosphere in the game is fantastic. You have this rusting and decaying world in the colours of rusting metals and flickering lights here and there. Exactly what I expected from the teaser images I saw before purchasing the game. The purposefully crude graphics are wonderful and I fell in love with them even though I usually prefer HD graphics in games. I also liked the voice acting (except the acting on one minor character) and how the actor's voices fit the visual presentations of the characters.
    The puzzles were of satisfactory difficulty. Some were plain easy while others made me stuck for an hour or so. The usual method of trying every item you possess on every object on every screen works in most cases. I was surprised to also find quite a few puzzles that didn't rely on items in the game but on the player's knowledge and attention to the displayed events and texts. The point-and-click method of controlling the game worked well. I didn't spot any glitches or bugs.
    I saw a review stating that the story isn't fully told in this game but I disagree with this. The backgrounds for all the major players are clarified and told as are the events that have transpired and will transpire in the future. Finding out these stories is in most cases optional or depends on succeeding on puzzles in which you are given a few tries only (you can always save+load though so it's in the players hands if he wants to play to the end even after failing in an optional puzzle).
    I bought the game for five euros so considering that I spent about fifteen hours playing it the deal was good.

1. Aug 22, 2014
    While the story and puzzles falter a bit, there is still something utterly captivating about Primordia. The robots, broken both on the outside and on the inside, claimed for themselves a small part of my heart. And with your heart, not your mind, Primordia should really be approached.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    There is plenty to forgive Primordia for, but if you can get past the issues and lose yourself in the game there’s a rich and emotional story waiting for you. I’m a bit of a robot nut myself and despite all of my nitpicks about the game I found myself deeply affected by the ending.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    A throwback to the genre's glory days, obtuse puzzle concoctions, awkward controls and all. [March 2013, p.78]