Primordia PC

8.9

1. Jul 29, 2013
    It's an indie adventure game meaning you will move the cursor around the screen hunting for interactive objects, then collect them into inventory and attempt to apply them randomly to any other interactive object on the screen or in the inventory. I am personally not much into this kind of games. The artwork is pretty mediocre and the resolution is very low (640x480 probably). The music isIt's an indie adventure game meaning you will move the cursor around the screen hunting for interactive objects, then collect them into inventory and attempt to apply them randomly to any other interactive object on the screen or in the inventory. I am personally not much into this kind of games. The artwork is pretty mediocre and the resolution is very low (640x480 probably). The music is good. I couldn't get far to see any of the story, just got stuck at the first few puzzles, as usually in such games. The game is definitely for those who like adventure games of this kind. Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    Terrible endings rule what is otherwise the best game from WadjetEye to date. The game has an intriguing storyline, good characterizations, solid voice acting, excellent game play and puzzles that are challenging without being obtuse. The problem is that all of this leads up to an ending(s) that not only feels abrupt but is a limp as a soggy noodle. Honestly, when I was done I felt robbedTerrible endings rule what is otherwise the best game from WadjetEye to date. The game has an intriguing storyline, good characterizations, solid voice acting, excellent game play and puzzles that are challenging without being obtuse. The problem is that all of this leads up to an ending(s) that not only feels abrupt but is a limp as a soggy noodle. Honestly, when I was done I felt robbed not of my attention but of my time. This is especially so because the most obvious ending choice (simply refusing) leads to the lamest ending. When I was done I looked at a walkthrough and discovered there are seven(!) different possible endings. The game would have been far better off if it had just regulated itself to the one or two endings that were actually cool.

There are other issues. The hint system doesn't work as well as one might hope, as it always seems to be two steps ahead or behind where the players activity is actually at. None of the choices in the game actually impact the outcome at all, rending the way your progress through the game moot..The graphics are, as is typical from this publisher, subpar.

It is really unfortunate because I feel that this game is only a few steps away from greatness. Most of the game is well-done and engaging enough that I actually finished it. But when the player spends hours working through the game to be left with a pile of mush in their hands the disappointment lingers.
  3. Jul 2, 2013
    It's a pretty sight watching the point and click adventure genre being restored in it's former glory, and although not every attempt is as succesful Primordia has truely nailed it. The story is solid, the dialogues are both intelligent and witty and never feel enforced. Horatio and Crispin are the best voiced 2D adventure couple since Sam and Max hit the road and there are plenty of linesIt's a pretty sight watching the point and click adventure genre being restored in it's former glory, and although not every attempt is as succesful Primordia has truely nailed it. The story is solid, the dialogues are both intelligent and witty and never feel enforced. Horatio and Crispin are the best voiced 2D adventure couple since Sam and Max hit the road and there are plenty of lines of dialogue to enjoy. But all the characters look and sound great, and so do the surroundings. There is no need for high resolution as long as one takes great care in details and animation, and this is the case with Primordia. This game feels like the 90's and to me that is a good thing.
    Its only weaknes is its rather short length, it's easily solved under 6 hours. The puzzles are fun but don't require extreme amounts of intelligence. Most of them just make sense and are easily figured out. Personally I don't mind that that much to be honest. Primordia has been a great experience to me, and I'll be playing it again in a while to check out the other endings.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Aug 22, 2014
    While the story and puzzles falter a bit, there is still something utterly captivating about Primordia. The robots, broken both on the outside and on the inside, claimed for themselves a small part of my heart. And with your heart, not your mind, Primordia should really be approached.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    There is plenty to forgive Primordia for, but if you can get past the issues and lose yourself in the game there’s a rich and emotional story waiting for you. I’m a bit of a robot nut myself and despite all of my nitpicks about the game I found myself deeply affected by the ending.
  3. Games Master UK
    Feb 9, 2013
    A throwback to the genre's glory days, obtuse puzzle concoctions, awkward controls and all. [March 2013, p.78]