Primordia PC

8.8

1. Nov 22, 2016
    While being a solid sci-fi advneture with lovable characters on the surface, deep inside Primordia is a reflective novel which exposes modern society and questions ideologies we accept as legitimated.

Very atmospheric world filled with robots, well-developed and smart dialogue, excellent voicing, involving story, Petrarchian protagonist and his satirical side-kick. The puzzle-solving ranges from easy to medium and always makes sense.

If you played and liked it, try Machinarium.

Game for gamers not for kiddies.
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
  2. Nov 18, 2015
    Great game!! awesome settings and history, voice cast, differents endings, very nice artwork also, it has a couple of bugs but nothing of importance. The characters horatio and crispin are awesome and the soundtrack is also very good.
  3. Oct 27, 2015
    Primordia is a cyberpunk game about faith. Much like in the movie Tron, the main character is a robot with a mission he forgot. A mission given by his own creator, Man. But it is still his choice to fulfill this mission or not. He can be a faithful warrior that defeats the evil progressive mind and unites the robots, or he can fail. In the game, the robots live under a totalitarianPrimordia is a cyberpunk game about faith. Much like in the movie Tron, the main character is a robot with a mission he forgot. A mission given by his own creator, Man. But it is still his choice to fulfill this mission or not. He can be a faithful warrior that defeats the evil progressive mind and unites the robots, or he can fail. In the game, the robots live under a totalitarian secularist regime, where the belief that the machines were created by a mysterious being called Man is forbidden. His faith in Man keeps the protagonist alive. It is a very interesting twist for the cyberpunk genre. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2015
    A smart and fantastic game. Primordia makes you think about what it means to be human, the future of mankind, the power and danger of technology. It does that with humour, great atmosphere, excellent voice acting and enjoyable puzzles. Great storyline, engaging and captivating. One of my favorites point&click !
  5. Sep 24, 2015
    One of the best adventure games I have played in my life, inspired heavily by Fallout and Planescape: Torment, but with a strong identity of its own.

Beautiful-looking, despite its low resolution, and with good music and voice acting, Primordia's has an elegant design that combines entertainment and humour with clever, logical puzzles and deeply moving themes. It also features a great setting and interesting characters. I heartily recommend it for every sci-fi and/or adventure fan out there.
  6. Aug 14, 2015
    Absolutely recommended, even now (2015). One of the best titles i have ever played. Highly recommended also to players that not big fans of adventure games, like my self.
  7. May 24, 2015
    A true gem among adventure games.

The puzzles is most of the time very manageable without becoming menial or to hard. One of those rare games that you think about 2 weeks after you have finished it and even now years later I still think about this game's world from time to time. It doesn't tell you everything, but will let you figure out things about the world yourself. I've read
    A true gem among adventure games.

It doesn't tell you everything, but will let you figure out things about the world yourself. I've read other reviews stating that the story in never told which is nothing but nonsense. This game will tell you a story about a series of well defined characters but will leave large parts of the world unexplained but with enough hints to give you a good ground to figure the rest out your self. This is not a weakness but a strength. Leaving mysteries makes a world grow and leaves place for the player's imagination.
  8. Dec 15, 2014
    An incredible piece of interactive story telling: Primordia is a beautifully executed example of simpler game mechanics. The artistic direction and plot are rich and immersive, and with a beautiful soundtrack to accompany it, the game is a real treat. The detailed world and excellent characters allow you to ignore the two weak points of the game; the inconsistent and clunky controls, andAn incredible piece of interactive story telling: Primordia is a beautifully executed example of simpler game mechanics. The artistic direction and plot are rich and immersive, and with a beautiful soundtrack to accompany it, the game is a real treat. The detailed world and excellent characters allow you to ignore the two weak points of the game; the inconsistent and clunky controls, and the seemingly impossible task of progressing through the game at certain points.

Primordia and its soundtrack are a must buy.
  9. Jun 4, 2014
    Absolutely LOVE it! Its like being transported back to the 90's! Reminds me of game like The Dig... or Full Throttle. The world is great too... love the idea of a robot walking by a human skeleton, and him thinking its just another wierd robot. (Humans are worshiped as legendary Gods btw.) It's like as a player, you're connecting the dots all over the place, but the character is in theAbsolutely LOVE it! Its like being transported back to the 90's! Reminds me of game like The Dig... or Full Throttle. The world is great too... love the idea of a robot walking by a human skeleton, and him thinking its just another wierd robot. (Humans are worshiped as legendary Gods btw.) It's like as a player, you're connecting the dots all over the place, but the character is in the dark! You're just DYING to let him in on the secrets! Expand
  10. May 29, 2014
    I generally bought Primordia just because I thought the graphics are cool with it's dark and gloomy style. But the game surprised me really good with it's intelligent puzzles and challenges as well as hidden eastereggs. All dialouges, characters and the alternative endings really make it worthwhile and I'll cheerish the time I had playing Primordia.

It's not a game for everyone, but if

It's not a game for everyone, but if you're into these kind of games you'll probably love it.
  11. Apr 18, 2014
    I'd highly recommend this game to all sci-fi lovers, disregarding their gaming preferences. Combining witty writing, atmospherical music, and absolutely amazing art, this game is a must have for everyone.
  12. Mar 16, 2014
    This is the best games I've been playing for years (and I'm playing AC4 now).
    It has a great depth, plot, atmosphere and length (maybe a little too short).
    Playing Primordia was like meeting an attractive, intelligent woman :) It was a pleasure, a well spent time, a lot of thinking - thinking about life, world around me, Ukraine and Russia, my role in it etc. I recommend this game to
    This is the best games I've been playing for years (and I'm playing AC4 now).
    It has a great depth, plot, atmosphere and length (maybe a little too short).
    Playing Primordia was like meeting an attractive, intelligent woman :)
    I recommend this game to every thinking human, every adventure game fan, every cyberpunk fan.
    It's an art, not a simple game and it should be rewarded for it!
  13. Feb 16, 2014
    Just astounding. The characters are interesting with just enough info that you want to know more. The story is great. The art is unceasingly amazing with an original style that I really loved. The overall story was perfect.
  14. Dec 29, 2013
    Let me just say, I adore this game. As someone who enjoys point-and-click adventure games as well as cyberpunk themes, this was a match made in heaven.

The story revolves around Horatio and Crispin, two robots who live in a wrecked ship. Horatio is a believer in Humanism, that humans are the creators, which is a frowned upon idea in the world the live in. They live far away from the city, isolated, until their power supply is stolen and they are forced to go to Metropol. As they search they discover the corrupt system that the city is operating under and Horatio's past.

The characters themselves were enough to keep me playing. I enjoyed each one's own personality, their dialog, their story, it was all well done. The art style very well sets the tone for Primordia and was pleasing to look at while playing. The story was actually surprisingly well done and with multiple endings it just increases the replay value as well as my interests. It was challenging enough to where I felt incredibly accomplished once I finished it, but easy enough to where I didn't rage quite and ignore it for days. I was easily absorbed into Primordia's world and it's certainly a game I will replay more than once (and already have).

Overall, worth the money and the time if you enjoy this genre. A must have.
  15. Dec 5, 2013
    this game... is........ EPIC
    if you love philosophy a bit... and a deep story with emotional endings... then this is the perfect game for you
    for me its one of the best games i know, and i dont really play many point and click adventure games.. but the story, the music and the art... all together is just an epic experience
  16. Nov 9, 2013
    I did not want the game to end. I wished it were longer since it is so great, but I have to give 10/10 anyway. It is the first game that makes me want to achieve all achievements (Steam).
  17. Ume
    Nov 3, 2013
    When the only "negative" aspect about this game I can think of is that it felt too short, I feel very confident about recommending it to all gamers, both fans of point and click adventure and those new to the genre alike. Beautifully crafted game, with gorgeous artwork and good puzzles (a couple are really hard!), great atmosphere and soundtrack. Above all, the main characters made thisWhen the only "negative" aspect about this game I can think of is that it felt too short, I feel very confident about recommending it to all gamers, both fans of point and click adventure and those new to the genre alike. Beautifully crafted game, with gorgeous artwork and good puzzles (a couple are really hard!), great atmosphere and soundtrack. Above all, the main characters made this game really worth playing. Fans of Fallout and Planescape: Torment will find some thematic similarities. Overall, I had a great experience with this game and replayed a couple of times. Expand
  18. Nov 3, 2013
    One of the best Adventures i have played so far, and i have started with Monkey Island 1 and 2. If you are into dystopian steampunk then you will love this game.
  19. Nov 3, 2013
    A great classic adventure game with an amazing retro art style and unusual story set in a rare fantasy world that connects science-finstion and post apocalyptic novels
  20. Oct 5, 2013
    Awesome, awesome setting, story and characters. One of the most interesting and engrossing adventure games I've played. I really hope there is a sequel one day!
  21. Sep 30, 2013
    10 might be over doing it but i don't care. Great voice acting, puzzles are ingenious and the story is very strong and well paced/presented. Every character feels meaningful as does the world they are in. Also length is quite good. Only problems i had were a few obscure items that i missed from over looking an area but Crispin can give you hints if your stuck. I would suggest turning off10 might be over doing it but i don't care. Great voice acting, puzzles are ingenious and the story is very strong and well paced/presented. Every character feels meaningful as does the world they are in. Also length is quite good. Only problems i had were a few obscure items that i missed from over looking an area but Crispin can give you hints if your stuck. I would suggest turning off the hints from the menu thou if you don't want him giving you clues when it isn't needed~ Expand
  22. Sep 28, 2013
    This game has amazing atmosphere, thanks to its wonderful artwork, great characters and writing, as well as overall a very interesting gameworld. When combined with solid old-school adventure gameplay with plenty of stuff to do (you're unlikely to do everything on the first playthrough), it's easily one of the best games in the genre in my opinion.
  23. Sep 23, 2013
    A lovely story, nicely written dialgue's between the two characters, pretty decent puzzles and alternative endings. You can solve some puzzles in more than one way and some choices will effect the rest of the game. Not every choice that gets you further is the best choice. Then there's the great atmosphere and the wonderful music! After all Primordia is one of my top three adventures back in 2012.
  24. Sep 2, 2013
    Definitely the finest adventure game made since The Walking Dead, and, prior to TWD, probably the best adventure game since the heyday of Quest for Glory! Absolutely buy this game and support Wormwood Studios. Here's hoping for numerous sequels!!!
  25. Aug 31, 2013
    If this game had been released in 1990, which is the period that its graphics, gameplay and story intentionally harp back to, it might well have changed the course of adventure gaming's evolution.

It has all the nostalgia of going back to the Lucasarts and Sierra golden age. (but the game it reminded me of most is actually an immensely obscure Atari ST point-and-click game called "The Grail", due to both games having a combination of a religious protagonist and irreverent sidekick in an alternative fantasy setting)... it's basically the game that the games that The Secret of Monkey Island was making fun of were trying to be... arriving twenty years too late, after everyone has grown up and had kids.

The story is tightly written and lovingly realised, it sticks to the simple idea of a robot worshipping humans in a world where all the humans have probably died out, and embellishes it to the nth degree, with great success. Other recent games have also told this story, but not quite so well.

The highlight of the game is the voice-acting by a robot called "Ever-Faithful Leobuilt". He only says about ten lines but they will make you sit up and listen. The actor deserves an award for it.

The puzzles are also very tight as with all old-school point and clicks there are a couple that are just too 'lateral' for probably anyone to work out without looking up the answers, and one that involved two crucial items being hidden in a five-pixel-by-five-pixel box on a screen you'd never have any reason to backtrack to... but the overall logic and difficulty of them is like "Machinarium" (another game it has a lot in common with). The items you carry round in the inventory are genuinely useful which helps give it realism and none of the item combinations are surreal.

Most of the combinations produce some sort of reaction or quip from the main character or the sidekick, which keeps it entertaining this is a huge achievement to pull off in a game like this, writing something and acting it for nearly every possible thing a blowtorch could be used on.

The story is a tad predictable but only because other games have told it less neatly. There is a ton of stuff that gets mentioned in passing but which the main character never sees because it is only tangentially relevant to him.

The story is also a bit short and there are only about 10-20 locations in the game but it really only needs that many, and any more would have been unnecessary padding.

This is a delicately crafted work of art and only a handful of these games ever reached this quality and you can't see that by reading a review, so go buy it!
  26. Xon
    Jul 7, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed this little gem of a game. The post-human world is richly detailed, the story interesting, the puzzles good and a clever hint system to help you along if you get stuck. If you are a sci-fi fan you should give this game a try.
  27. Jul 2, 2013
    It's a pretty sight watching the point and click adventure genre being restored in it's former glory, and although not every attempt is as succesful Primordia has truely nailed it. The story is solid, the dialogues are both intelligent and witty and never feel enforced. Horatio and Crispin are the best voiced 2D adventure couple since Sam and Max hit the road and there are plenty of linesIt's a pretty sight watching the point and click adventure genre being restored in it's former glory, and although not every attempt is as succesful Primordia has truely nailed it. The story is solid, the dialogues are both intelligent and witty and never feel enforced. Horatio and Crispin are the best voiced 2D adventure couple since Sam and Max hit the road and there are plenty of lines of dialogue to enjoy. But all the characters look and sound great, and so do the surroundings. There is no need for high resolution as long as one takes great care in details and animation, and this is the case with Primordia. This game feels like the 90's and to me that is a good thing.
    Its only weaknes is its rather short length, it's easily solved under 6 hours. The puzzles are fun but don't require extreme amounts of intelligence. Most of them just make sense and are easily figured out. Personally I don't mind that that much to be honest. Primordia has been a great experience to me, and I'll be playing it again in a while to check out the other endings.
  28. Jun 5, 2013
    Primordia is a point-and-click adventure game similar to it's predecessors (Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle etc.) with retro pixel art and some humor here and there. Primordia takes place in scifi world where humans have vanished and left robots to live and build their own future. I wasn't fan of Wadjet eyes earlier games but for some reason I played through Primordia in two days.Primordia is a point-and-click adventure game similar to it's predecessors (Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle etc.) with retro pixel art and some humor here and there. Primordia takes place in scifi world where humans have vanished and left robots to live and build their own future. I wasn't fan of Wadjet eyes earlier games but for some reason I played through Primordia in two days. Puzzles can be reasoned and the plot proceeds quickly enough. The game is pretty "short" as it took only ~9 hours to complete but there's (in Steam version) achievements that might give this game some extra hours if that's your cup of tea. I give Primordia 8 out of 10 because even though it's a good little game it doesn't do anything new or better than other good point-&-clicks. I also didn't like that I was unable to alter the options besides volume sliders and subtitles. Recommended for friends of the genre. Expand
  29. Jun 2, 2013
    This is one of the best adventure games I've played in a long time. The story is great, which in my book, separates ok adventures from great ones. The graphics leave a lot to be desired, but the story is great, the interplay between the the main characters is awesome and the puzzles are fun and challenging. Did I mention the voice acting is really good? Not many games leave me wishing forThis is one of the best adventure games I've played in a long time. The story is great, which in my book, separates ok adventures from great ones. The graphics leave a lot to be desired, but the story is great, the interplay between the the main characters is awesome and the puzzles are fun and challenging. Did I mention the voice acting is really good? Not many games leave me wishing for more, but this was one of them. I'm also hoping for a some sort of sequel! Expand
  30. Jun 1, 2013
    The atmosphere in the game is fantastic. You have this rusting and decaying world in the colours of rusting metals and flickering lights here and there. Exactly what I expected from the teaser images I saw before purchasing the game. The purposefully crude graphics are wonderful and I fell in love with them even though I usually prefer HD graphics in games. I also liked the voice actingThe atmosphere in the game is fantastic. You have this rusting and decaying world in the colours of rusting metals and flickering lights here and there. Exactly what I expected from the teaser images I saw before purchasing the game. The purposefully crude graphics are wonderful and I fell in love with them even though I usually prefer HD graphics in games. I also liked the voice acting (except the acting on one minor character) and how the actor's voices fit the visual presentations of the characters.
    The puzzles were of satisfactory difficulty. Some were plain easy while others made me stuck for an hour or so. The usual method of trying every item you possess on every object on every screen works in most cases. I was surprised to also find quite a few puzzles that didn't rely on items in the game but on the player's knowledge and attention to the displayed events and texts. The point-and-click method of controlling the game worked well. I didn't spot any glitches or bugs.
    I saw a review stating that the story isn't fully told in this game but I disagree with this. The backgrounds for all the major players are clarified and told as are the events that have transpired and will transpire in the future. Finding out these stories is in most cases optional or depends on succeeding on puzzles in which you are given a few tries only (you can always save+load though so it's in the players hands if he wants to play to the end even after failing in an optional puzzle).
    I bought the game for five euros so considering that I spent about fifteen hours playing it the deal was good.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Aug 22, 2014
    While the story and puzzles falter a bit, there is still something utterly captivating about Primordia. The robots, broken both on the outside and on the inside, claimed for themselves a small part of my heart. And with your heart, not your mind, Primordia should really be approached.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    There is plenty to forgive Primordia for, but if you can get past the issues and lose yourself in the game there’s a rich and emotional story waiting for you. I’m a bit of a robot nut myself and despite all of my nitpicks about the game I found myself deeply affected by the ending.
  3. Games Master UK
    Feb 9, 2013
    A throwback to the genre's glory days, obtuse puzzle concoctions, awkward controls and all. [March 2013, p.78]