Primordia PC

8.9

1. Dec 23, 2012
    Nice game, great atmosphere, awesome retro charm, memorable characters, good storyline. I felt all the soul put by developers into the game. Also I loved the references to my both all-time favorite games - Fallout (the whole post-apocalyptic setting and Easter Eggs about water chip and G.E.C.K.) and Planescape Torment (Horatio and Crispin are like the Nameless One and Morte, besidesNice game, great atmosphere, awesome retro charm, memorable characters, good storyline. I felt all the soul put by developers into the game. Also I loved the references to my both all-time favorite games - Fallout (the whole post-apocalyptic setting and Easter Eggs about water chip and G.E.C.K.) and Planescape Torment (Horatio and Crispin are like the Nameless One and Morte, besides Horatio is mentioned to have a number of previous "lives" and some NPCs remember him - just like the Nameless One). The puzzles are mostly logical (some I felt illogical - probably I'm just an average quest-gamer: I've only played a couple of quests long ago). So thanks to Wormwood Studios for this game!
    P.S. Do not believe the "metascore"!!! The game deserves much better!
  2. Nov 22, 2016
    While being a solid sci-fi advneture with lovable characters on the surface, deep inside Primordia is a reflective novel which exposes modern society and questions ideologies we accept as legitimated.

Very atmospheric world filled with robots, well-developed and smart dialogue, excellent voicing, involving story, Petrarchian protagonist and his satirical side-kick. The puzzle-solving ranges from easy to medium and always makes sense.

If you played and liked it, try Machinarium.

Game for gamers not for kiddies.
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
  3. Jul 29, 2013
    It's an indie adventure game meaning you will move the cursor around the screen hunting for interactive objects, then collect them into inventory and attempt to apply them randomly to any other interactive object on the screen or in the inventory. I am personally not much into this kind of games. The artwork is pretty mediocre and the resolution is very low (640x480 probably). The music isIt's an indie adventure game meaning you will move the cursor around the screen hunting for interactive objects, then collect them into inventory and attempt to apply them randomly to any other interactive object on the screen or in the inventory. I am personally not much into this kind of games. The artwork is pretty mediocre and the resolution is very low (640x480 probably). The music is good. I couldn't get far to see any of the story, just got stuck at the first few puzzles, as usually in such games. The game is definitely for those who like adventure games of this kind. Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2015
    Great game!! awesome settings and history, voice cast, differents endings, very nice artwork also, it has a couple of bugs but nothing of importance. The characters horatio and crispin are awesome and the soundtrack is also very good.
  5. Nov 16, 2013
    Terrible endings rule what is otherwise the best game from WadjetEye to date. The game has an intriguing storyline, good characterizations, solid voice acting, excellent game play and puzzles that are challenging without being obtuse. The problem is that all of this leads up to an ending(s) that not only feels abrupt but is a limp as a soggy noodle. Honestly, when I was done I felt robbedTerrible endings rule what is otherwise the best game from WadjetEye to date. The game has an intriguing storyline, good characterizations, solid voice acting, excellent game play and puzzles that are challenging without being obtuse. The problem is that all of this leads up to an ending(s) that not only feels abrupt but is a limp as a soggy noodle. Honestly, when I was done I felt robbed not of my attention but of my time. This is especially so because the most obvious ending choice (simply refusing) leads to the lamest ending. When I was done I looked at a walkthrough and discovered there are seven(!) different possible endings. The game would have been far better off if it had just regulated itself to the one or two endings that were actually cool.

There are other issues. The hint system doesn't work as well as one might hope, as it always seems to be two steps ahead or behind where the players activity is actually at. None of the choices in the game actually impact the outcome at all, rending the way your progress through the game moot..The graphics are, as is typical from this publisher, subpar.

It is really unfortunate because I feel that this game is only a few steps away from greatness. Most of the game is well-done and engaging enough that I actually finished it. But when the player spends hours working through the game to be left with a pile of mush in their hands the disappointment lingers.
  6. Xon
    Jul 7, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed this little gem of a game. The post-human world is richly detailed, the story interesting, the puzzles good and a clever hint system to help you along if you get stuck. If you are a sci-fi fan you should give this game a try.
  7. Dec 10, 2012
    Don't let the lukewarm critics' rating fool you. If you were a fan of classic point-and-click adventure games like King's Quest, Space Quest, or Monkey Island, you'll want to grab this one. The developers clearly put time and effort into making this game, including the hand-drawn art and voiced dialogue. My minor complaint is that I ended up looking at an online walkthrough on severalDon't let the lukewarm critics' rating fool you. If you were a fan of classic point-and-click adventure games like King's Quest, Space Quest, or Monkey Island, you'll want to grab this one. The developers clearly put time and effort into making this game, including the hand-drawn art and voiced dialogue. My minor complaint is that I ended up looking at an online walkthrough on several occasions where I got stuck, but otherwise tried to solve the puzzles on my own as much as possible. Anyway, cool aesthetics, clever puzzles, and a good story will make your ten bucks worthwhile. Expand
  8. Sep 23, 2013
    A lovely story, nicely written dialgue's between the two characters, pretty decent puzzles and alternative endings. You can solve some puzzles in more than one way and some choices will effect the rest of the game. Not every choice that gets you further is the best choice. Then there's the great atmosphere and the wonderful music! After all Primordia is one of my top three adventures back in 2012.
  9. Sep 6, 2014
    The graphics are terrible, arty but ridiculously low resolution. The mechanics are clunky, with slow menus and too much time watching pixellated figures crossing the screen painfully slowly. Some of the puzzles are good, some are annoying. It isn't consistent, e.g. most exits are identified my mousing over, but some only if you move the character to the edge of the screen. E.g. there is aThe graphics are terrible, arty but ridiculously low resolution. The mechanics are clunky, with slow menus and too much time watching pixellated figures crossing the screen painfully slowly. Some of the puzzles are good, some are annoying. It isn't consistent, e.g. most exits are identified my mousing over, but some only if you move the character to the edge of the screen. E.g. there is a system of storing info useful for solving puzzles but some of the info stored is irrelevant and some vital info is not stored. E.g. to combine items in inventory you pick up A and mouse it over B - message telling you that's a dumb idea, but it turns out you need to pick up B and mouse it over A. The story is good, though some of the elements don't fit together. Expand
  10. Jul 2, 2013
    It's a pretty sight watching the point and click adventure genre being restored in it's former glory, and although not every attempt is as succesful Primordia has truely nailed it. The story is solid, the dialogues are both intelligent and witty and never feel enforced. Horatio and Crispin are the best voiced 2D adventure couple since Sam and Max hit the road and there are plenty of linesIt's a pretty sight watching the point and click adventure genre being restored in it's former glory, and although not every attempt is as succesful Primordia has truely nailed it. The story is solid, the dialogues are both intelligent and witty and never feel enforced. Horatio and Crispin are the best voiced 2D adventure couple since Sam and Max hit the road and there are plenty of lines of dialogue to enjoy. But all the characters look and sound great, and so do the surroundings. There is no need for high resolution as long as one takes great care in details and animation, and this is the case with Primordia. This game feels like the 90's and to me that is a good thing.
    Its only weaknes is its rather short length, it's easily solved under 6 hours. The puzzles are fun but don't require extreme amounts of intelligence. Most of them just make sense and are easily figured out. Personally I don't mind that that much to be honest. Primordia has been a great experience to me, and I'll be playing it again in a while to check out the other endings.
  11. Aug 31, 2013
    If this game had been released in 1990, which is the period that its graphics, gameplay and story intentionally harp back to, it might well have changed the course of adventure gaming's evolution.

It has all the nostalgia of going back to the Lucasarts and Sierra golden age. (but the game it reminded me of most is actually an immensely obscure Atari ST point-and-click game called "The Grail", due to both games having a combination of a religious protagonist and irreverent sidekick in an alternative fantasy setting)... it's basically the game that the games that The Secret of Monkey Island was making fun of were trying to be... arriving twenty years too late, after everyone has grown up and had kids.

The story is tightly written and lovingly realised, it sticks to the simple idea of a robot worshipping humans in a world where all the humans have probably died out, and embellishes it to the nth degree, with great success. Other recent games have also told this story, but not quite so well.

The highlight of the game is the voice-acting by a robot called "Ever-Faithful Leobuilt". He only says about ten lines but they will make you sit up and listen. The actor deserves an award for it.

The puzzles are also very tight as with all old-school point and clicks there are a couple that are just too 'lateral' for probably anyone to work out without looking up the answers, and one that involved two crucial items being hidden in a five-pixel-by-five-pixel box on a screen you'd never have any reason to backtrack to... but the overall logic and difficulty of them is like "Machinarium" (another game it has a lot in common with). The items you carry round in the inventory are genuinely useful which helps give it realism and none of the item combinations are surreal.

Most of the combinations produce some sort of reaction or quip from the main character or the sidekick, which keeps it entertaining this is a huge achievement to pull off in a game like this, writing something and acting it for nearly every possible thing a blowtorch could be used on.

The story is a tad predictable but only because other games have told it less neatly. There is a ton of stuff that gets mentioned in passing but which the main character never sees because it is only tangentially relevant to him.

The story is also a bit short and there are only about 10-20 locations in the game but it really only needs that many, and any more would have been unnecessary padding.

This is a delicately crafted work of art and only a handful of these games ever reached this quality and you can't see that by reading a review, so go buy it!
  12. Jun 5, 2013
    Primordia is a point-and-click adventure game similar to it's predecessors (Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle etc.) with retro pixel art and some humor here and there. Primordia takes place in scifi world where humans have vanished and left robots to live and build their own future. I wasn't fan of Wadjet eyes earlier games but for some reason I played through Primordia in two days.Primordia is a point-and-click adventure game similar to it's predecessors (Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle etc.) with retro pixel art and some humor here and there. Primordia takes place in scifi world where humans have vanished and left robots to live and build their own future. I wasn't fan of Wadjet eyes earlier games but for some reason I played through Primordia in two days. Puzzles can be reasoned and the plot proceeds quickly enough. The game is pretty "short" as it took only ~9 hours to complete but there's (in Steam version) achievements that might give this game some extra hours if that's your cup of tea. I give Primordia 8 out of 10 because even though it's a good little game it doesn't do anything new or better than other good point-&-clicks. I also didn't like that I was unable to alter the options besides volume sliders and subtitles. Recommended for friends of the genre. Expand
  13. Oct 27, 2015
    Primordia is a cyberpunk game about faith. Much like in the movie Tron, the main character is a robot with a mission he forgot. A mission given by his own creator, Man. But it is still his choice to fulfill this mission or not. He can be a faithful warrior that defeats the evil progressive mind and unites the robots, or he can fail. In the game, the robots live under a totalitarianPrimordia is a cyberpunk game about faith. Much like in the movie Tron, the main character is a robot with a mission he forgot. A mission given by his own creator, Man. But it is still his choice to fulfill this mission or not. He can be a faithful warrior that defeats the evil progressive mind and unites the robots, or he can fail. In the game, the robots live under a totalitarian secularist regime, where the belief that the machines were created by a mysterious being called Man is forbidden. His faith in Man keeps the protagonist alive. It is a very interesting twist for the cyberpunk genre. Expand
  14. Sep 2, 2013
    Definitely the finest adventure game made since The Walking Dead, and, prior to TWD, probably the best adventure game since the heyday of Quest for Glory! Absolutely buy this game and support Wormwood Studios. Here's hoping for numerous sequels!!!
  15. Oct 5, 2013
    Awesome, awesome setting, story and characters. One of the most interesting and engrossing adventure games I've played. I really hope there is a sequel one day!
  16. Ume
    Nov 3, 2013
    When the only "negative" aspect about this game I can think of is that it felt too short, I feel very confident about recommending it to all gamers, both fans of point and click adventure and those new to the genre alike. Beautifully crafted game, with gorgeous artwork and good puzzles (a couple are really hard!), great atmosphere and soundtrack. Above all, the main characters made thisWhen the only "negative" aspect about this game I can think of is that it felt too short, I feel very confident about recommending it to all gamers, both fans of point and click adventure and those new to the genre alike. Beautifully crafted game, with gorgeous artwork and good puzzles (a couple are really hard!), great atmosphere and soundtrack. Above all, the main characters made this game really worth playing. Fans of Fallout and Planescape: Torment will find some thematic similarities. Overall, I had a great experience with this game and replayed a couple of times. Expand
  17. Dec 11, 2012
    I give it a 10 for introducing a griping storyline; something that's sadly lacking in the industry of today. Yes, the world turned wasteland thing is played out more than zombie clones; yet this title manages
    to make you *care* about the characters, something I can't seem to do with games like Walking Dead and
    Star Wars No.70000 for example. It's more than just the interaction of the
    Star Wars No.70000 for example. It's more than just the interaction of the protagonist and sidekick. It is the deadpan humor with perfect timing when you try out new solutions to a puzzle. But I give it a nine overall for the lack of attention spent on the graphics customization. Even with the setup.exe set to max out all features it manages to look worse than 320 by 400 resolution. And would it have killed them to give you these options in game via the options menu? It is rare that a game comes along that can keep my attention and imagination for as Primordia has.
    Buy it if you like games like these, but don't if you think Modern Warfare is the best thing since sliced bread.
  18. Dec 29, 2013
    Let me just say, I adore this game. As someone who enjoys point-and-click adventure games as well as cyberpunk themes, this was a match made in heaven.

The story revolves around Horatio and Crispin, two robots who live in a wrecked ship. Horatio is a believer in Humanism, that humans are the creators, which is a frowned upon idea in the world the live in. They live far away from the city, isolated, until their power supply is stolen and they are forced to go to Metropol. As they search they discover the corrupt system that the city is operating under and Horatio's past.

The characters themselves were enough to keep me playing. I enjoyed each one's own personality, their dialog, their story, it was all well done. The art style very well sets the tone for Primordia and was pleasing to look at while playing. The story was actually surprisingly well done and with multiple endings it just increases the replay value as well as my interests. It was challenging enough to where I felt incredibly accomplished once I finished it, but easy enough to where I didn't rage quite and ignore it for days. I was easily absorbed into Primordia's world and it's certainly a game I will replay more than once (and already have).

Overall, worth the money and the time if you enjoy this genre. A must have.
  19. Sep 30, 2013
    10 might be over doing it but i don't care. Great voice acting, puzzles are ingenious and the story is very strong and well paced/presented. Every character feels meaningful as does the world they are in. Also length is quite good. Only problems i had were a few obscure items that i missed from over looking an area but Crispin can give you hints if your stuck. I would suggest turning off10 might be over doing it but i don't care. Great voice acting, puzzles are ingenious and the story is very strong and well paced/presented. Every character feels meaningful as does the world they are in. Also length is quite good. Only problems i had were a few obscure items that i missed from over looking an area but Crispin can give you hints if your stuck. I would suggest turning off the hints from the menu thou if you don't want him giving you clues when it isn't needed~ Expand
  20. Jun 1, 2013
    The atmosphere in the game is fantastic. You have this rusting and decaying world in the colours of rusting metals and flickering lights here and there. Exactly what I expected from the teaser images I saw before purchasing the game. The purposefully crude graphics are wonderful and I fell in love with them even though I usually prefer HD graphics in games. I also liked the voice actingThe atmosphere in the game is fantastic. You have this rusting and decaying world in the colours of rusting metals and flickering lights here and there. Exactly what I expected from the teaser images I saw before purchasing the game. The purposefully crude graphics are wonderful and I fell in love with them even though I usually prefer HD graphics in games. I also liked the voice acting (except the acting on one minor character) and how the actor's voices fit the visual presentations of the characters.
    The puzzles were of satisfactory difficulty. Some were plain easy while others made me stuck for an hour or so. The usual method of trying every item you possess on every object on every screen works in most cases. I was surprised to also find quite a few puzzles that didn't rely on items in the game but on the player's knowledge and attention to the displayed events and texts. The point-and-click method of controlling the game worked well. I didn't spot any glitches or bugs.
    I saw a review stating that the story isn't fully told in this game but I disagree with this. The backgrounds for all the major players are clarified and told as are the events that have transpired and will transpire in the future. Finding out these stories is in most cases optional or depends on succeeding on puzzles in which you are given a few tries only (you can always save+load though so it's in the players hands if he wants to play to the end even after failing in an optional puzzle).
    I bought the game for five euros so considering that I spent about fifteen hours playing it the deal was good.
  21. Jun 2, 2013
    This is one of the best adventure games I've played in a long time. The story is great, which in my book, separates ok adventures from great ones. The graphics leave a lot to be desired, but the story is great, the interplay between the the main characters is awesome and the puzzles are fun and challenging. Did I mention the voice acting is really good? Not many games leave me wishing forThis is one of the best adventure games I've played in a long time. The story is great, which in my book, separates ok adventures from great ones. The graphics leave a lot to be desired, but the story is great, the interplay between the the main characters is awesome and the puzzles are fun and challenging. Did I mention the voice acting is really good? Not many games leave me wishing for more, but this was one of them. I'm also hoping for a some sort of sequel! Expand
  22. Mar 4, 2013
    Awesome game, i don´t know what is it exactly, but it just maked me play it nonstop till i finished it. It has that "something" that makes you want more when you finish it, and that is a sensation i haven´t got for a really long time.
  23. Feb 26, 2013
    Why are you not playing Primordia? Go play Primorida. It as an intelligent plot, interesting characters, various ways to progress through puzzles and multiple endings.
  24. Dec 15, 2014
    An incredible piece of interactive story telling: Primordia is a beautifully executed example of simpler game mechanics. The artistic direction and plot are rich and immersive, and with a beautiful soundtrack to accompany it, the game is a real treat. The detailed world and excellent characters allow you to ignore the two weak points of the game; the inconsistent and clunky controls, andAn incredible piece of interactive story telling: Primordia is a beautifully executed example of simpler game mechanics. The artistic direction and plot are rich and immersive, and with a beautiful soundtrack to accompany it, the game is a real treat. The detailed world and excellent characters allow you to ignore the two weak points of the game; the inconsistent and clunky controls, and the seemingly impossible task of progressing through the game at certain points.

Primordia and its soundtrack are a must buy.
  25. Dec 8, 2012
    Modern adventure games can often end up feeling low budget in one place or another, but this one feels like it was made by a lot more than the handful of people who worked on it (not including voice-acting in that count).

It's a solid game where the puzzles feel logical and necessary as opposed to just setting up roadblocks to your progress. I was tempted to write a super long-winded

I was tempted to write a super long-winded and poetic review for this game, but I'd rather just go play it again (for me that's the sign of adventure greats). For the third time.

Commentary is well worth activating on the second playthrough, it offers a lot of insight into what they were aiming for.
  26. Dec 26, 2012
    The story is good old fun. Adventure is engaging but not too difficult. All in all good value for money. In fact I'd encourage the author/publisher to make a sequel - the world they created allows for more stories to be told/played. Enjoy!
  27. Sep 28, 2013
    This game has amazing atmosphere, thanks to its wonderful artwork, great characters and writing, as well as overall a very interesting gameworld. When combined with solid old-school adventure gameplay with plenty of stuff to do (you're unlikely to do everything on the first playthrough), it's easily one of the best games in the genre in my opinion.
  28. May 29, 2014
    I generally bought Primordia just because I thought the graphics are cool with it's dark and gloomy style. But the game surprised me really good with it's intelligent puzzles and challenges as well as hidden eastereggs. All dialouges, characters and the alternative endings really make it worthwhile and I'll cheerish the time I had playing Primordia.

It's not a game for everyone, but if

It's not a game for everyone, but if you're into these kind of games you'll probably love it.
  29. Dec 5, 2013
    this game... is........ EPIC
    if you love philosophy a bit... and a deep story with emotional endings... then this is the perfect game for you
    for me its one of the best games i know, and i dont really play many point and click adventure games.. but the story, the music and the art... all together is just an epic experience
  30. Apr 18, 2014
    I'd highly recommend this game to all sci-fi lovers, disregarding their gaming preferences. Combining witty writing, atmospherical music, and absolutely amazing art, this game is a must have for everyone.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Aug 22, 2014
    While the story and puzzles falter a bit, there is still something utterly captivating about Primordia. The robots, broken both on the outside and on the inside, claimed for themselves a small part of my heart. And with your heart, not your mind, Primordia should really be approached.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    There is plenty to forgive Primordia for, but if you can get past the issues and lose yourself in the game there’s a rich and emotional story waiting for you. I’m a bit of a robot nut myself and despite all of my nitpicks about the game I found myself deeply affected by the ending.
  3. Games Master UK
    Feb 9, 2013
    A throwback to the genre's glory days, obtuse puzzle concoctions, awkward controls and all. [March 2013, p.78]