8.0

1. Feb 19, 2018
    the game movements controls suck , sometimes the character jump to a different place even if i controll the camera and i do the right mouvement again and again , the game is also full of bugs especially in the late stages.
  2. Feb 13, 2018
    Завершение трилогии о Персидском Принце, моего любимого типа игр, где нужно искать выход с уровней головоломок.
  3. Jan 17, 2018
    This one combined the improved combat of Warrior Within with a lighter mood more reminiscent of Sands of Time. Sounds good as a description, but somehow I like less it than either of them. It doesn't come anywhere close to the atmosphere of SoT, and it feels much more "safe," sanitised, and focus-group-approved than either game.

This was released around the time that quick time events

This was released around the time that quick time events were becoming a trend, so obviously they make an appearance. Simplistic stealth mechanics have been added, and you can kill enemies from behind by starting a long and drawn-out animation punctuated by pressing the attack button at the right moments. This gets very repetitive, particularly because there's only one animation for each enemy type, so you'll repeat each action dozens of times throughout the course of the game. Sections where you ride a chariot are a strange addition to the game too; enjoyable enough, and don't really feel out of place, but I have to ask myself "why did they focus on this?". Prince of Persia didn't need stealth, quicktime events, or chariot races. These things are just gimmicks, something to throw out before the next game is made, and don't really add anything of value.

The environment seems much more artificial, closed off and unnatural, making little attempt to hide the fact that it's designed specifically for the Prince to navigate through. Obviously gameplay should come first, but in the other games I feel there was more effort put into making the worlds have a logical consistency, so immersion suffers here. Platforming itself makes the least sense of any PoP game, as you'll bounce off weird springboard things that have no reason to be there, and find the same metal grid object on every wall for you to stick your dagger into. It feels like a playground set out for you, rather than a living world that you're making your way through.

As far as good changes go, the camera has been adjusted quite a lot, and it's much tighter and rarely causes problems anymore. Unfortunately widescreen support was an afterthought and the game isn't really designed around it, so the FOV is too close, the camera will snap back into position if you look up too far, and the composition in cutscenes is broken. I can't really fault the game *too much* for that though, it's from 2005, so just play in 4:3 if you can. Sections where you play as the Dark Prince are fun, and add some nice variety to the gameplay, but usually don't last nearly as long as they should. Farah is back in this one, but she's now a very generic icy action girl (with an American accent). Hm.

Continuing their proud tradition of making terrible PC ports, Ubisoft broke the anti-aliasing this time, so when it's enabled it causes lighting issues. You'll get some other lighting problems (flickering, or sudden changes of brightness) even with AA disabled, and there's nothing you can do about that. These issues have always been there, and aren't due the age of the game. It will occasionally crash during loading screens too.

The solid gameplay is there, for the most part, buried under gimmicks. But this one has very little else to charm you with. It feels shallow and disappointing.
  4. Aug 9, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction."

By far the best and the most fun of the trilogy. There's never a dull moment. Chain slicing sand monsters and stabbing walls with the dagger to reach high places is oddly satisfying every time. Acrobatics are so smooth you feel freedom and get to feel cool as you reach unreachable high places.

Also it's the first one in the series to add some real personality to the characters, making the story feel more real as you face the greatest antagonist yet - yourself. I loved the dynamic between The Prince and Farah, and even more so between the noble and serious Prince and the evil and wisecracking Dark Prince.

Lots of changes in scenery and in the flow of the story and gameplay helped the game remain diverse and avoid becoming repetitive and monotonous.

Unfortunately even this entry is still plagued by bad camera. In fact, it has the worst camera controls of the trilogy. Mouse movement is so stiff it takes forever to turn the camera, obviously because of the lack of proper mouse support.

Kakolookyam!
  5. May 8, 2017
    A disaster masked under the title of an established classic.
    I am writing a brief review of the PC Port, so i will hola people who claim this was a very good Console game. However, the PC Port is beyond ridiculous - it is a spit in the face of PC Gamers.
    Ubiosoft, are you responsible? If so - my money will go somewhere else henceforth.
  6. Dec 31, 2016
    The Game is really Good one. I really enjoyed playing as the prince with cool stuffs.The story is also interesting. Along with the powers of the sands of time and his most valuable skill is his athletic prowess, his agility so great he is able to perform superhuman-like feats. The prince looks perfect. I remember playing the game for hours.This Game has a unique style and I am looking forThe Game is really Good one. I really enjoyed playing as the prince with cool stuffs.The story is also interesting. Along with the powers of the sands of time and his most valuable skill is his athletic prowess, his agility so great he is able to perform superhuman-like feats. The prince looks perfect. I remember playing the game for hours.This Game has a unique style and I am looking for its upcoming future. Expand
  7. Mar 16, 2016
    dfsaj;fdlkasfjk;lda;jkfa;jlkf;djlka;kjlfda;jlkdafs;kjl;fdaskjlfdalkj;fajlkdlkj;fda;jlkafdlajkfdsljkafdlkjfdaslkjfdaslkjlkajfdkjlfdaslkjafd;jklafd;kjlfdaj;lkfds.
  8. Aug 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones you play as the Prince of Persia, whom after finding his city attacked has to save his beloved, the empress of time Khaileena from the clutches of the evil vizier. The story is probably the weakest factor of the game, with plenty of plotholes here and there.
    Then there's the graphics that I personally love. They look great and are very fitting. The only downside to the graphics are the textures that, when inspected closely looks like a bunch of pixels put together.
    The music is that Persian kind of music that really fits the game. The best track was probably the stealth theme that would play when the Prince assassinates his enemies.
    Said gameplay of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is the games biggest and greatest factor. Running along the walls of Babylon is a blast, as is backstabbing your enemies. Something that'll result in a speed-kill. A speed-kill is basically a quick-time event where you push the attack button each time your dagger lights up. Actually, stealth is probably the way a lot of player will play. This is because it's a lot easier. Something that'll prove useful later in the game. Another new mechanic in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is the dark Prince. A more powerful and shadowy version of the Prince. This isn't really that fun to play with as the Prince's health will drain each second. Luckily you'll only play as the dark Prince 25-33% of the whole game.
    So is this a good game? Of course it is! Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is a good and fun action-adventure with great gameplay, good music, good graphics and a so-so story. In the end, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones gets a 8 out of 10.
  9. Jun 27, 2013
    ok POP the two thrones so far is my best one in the whole series the story as always is so good and we are introduced to a new prince with cool new moves and new abilities the gameplay in this game is just perfect if u like to go and fight everyone you can do it and if u like to go with stealth u can do and that's what made this the best one in the whole series with some new refreshingok POP the two thrones so far is my best one in the whole series the story as always is so good and we are introduced to a new prince with cool new moves and new abilities the gameplay in this game is just perfect if u like to go and fight everyone you can do it and if u like to go with stealth u can do and that's what made this the best one in the whole series with some new refreshing graphics this is simply a perfect game Expand
  10. Jun 25, 2013
    I really like prince of Persia but after playing the first 30 minutes of two thrones I just had to right this review. First of all, the cut scenes are beautiful but then ones you start playing YOU LOOK LIKE A STICK! your arms are pencil thin and you body is huge. but probably the biggest thing is when you start playing it says "use the right analog stick to move the camera" UH last time II really like prince of Persia but after playing the first 30 minutes of two thrones I just had to right this review. First of all, the cut scenes are beautiful but then ones you start playing YOU LOOK LIKE A STICK! your arms are pencil thin and you body is huge. but probably the biggest thing is when you start playing it says "use the right analog stick to move the camera" UH last time I checked mice don't have analog sticks. now this is my review based on the first half hour so don't hate me it might get better I know I haven't even gotten into the story so please don't hate. Expand
  11. May 26, 2013
    Awesome game, I'd say this is the best in the Prince of Persia series. The storyline is great and has decent length. The prince is awesome. The puzzles are not too hard, but good enough to analyze your mind. This game has a few bugs though, sometimes the prince gets stuck sometimes and the game becomes unplayable and I'd have to restart the game to continue! And it shows "analog sticks"Awesome game, I'd say this is the best in the Prince of Persia series. The storyline is great and has decent length. The prince is awesome. The puzzles are not too hard, but good enough to analyze your mind. This game has a few bugs though, sometimes the prince gets stuck sometimes and the game becomes unplayable and I'd have to restart the game to continue! And it shows "analog sticks" instead of moving the mouse. It shows the buttons right, though (Left-click, right-click, space, etc.). And it doesn't properly support widescreen and doesn't show buttons on the Xbox 360 controller properly (I don't understand what's button 1 and button 7 on my controller). Anyways, it's a great game and worth playing. I felt it was a bit too easy, but nevertheless, it's an awesome game. I played it again now! It's a masterpiece, but has a few short flaws. Expand
  12. Nov 23, 2012
    Many folks view this title as the highpoint of the POP franchise- but I found it a step down from Warrior Within in many ways. The basic puzzle platforming was still there- but gone was the time travel motif that, IMHO, was the best part of the earlier game.

Some specific gripes: - I *hated* the voice acting in this game- and particularly the writing for the voice acting. The

Some specific gripes:

- I *hated* the voice acting in this game- and particularly the writing for the voice acting. The dialog was cliche, annoying, and I quickly wanted to strangle the
  13. May 31, 2012
    What is prince of persia, the two thrones? It's the best 3D prince of persia game. Having been developed before video games because mainstream garbage, it has decent difficulty, unlike the new prince of persia games. And it feels good to play something that isn't crap nowadays, so I try old games. It's fun if you like the genre of jumping from ledge to ledge, as in tomb raider, if you haveWhat is prince of persia, the two thrones? It's the best 3D prince of persia game. Having been developed before video games because mainstream garbage, it has decent difficulty, unlike the new prince of persia games. And it feels good to play something that isn't crap nowadays, so I try old games. It's fun if you like the genre of jumping from ledge to ledge, as in tomb raider, if you have no idea what is this genre then pick up the game even more because it will be a fresh awesome experience. The combat system is the worst part of the game although it is good that you can kill enemies instantly in this prince of persia, by backstabbing them strategically. IF you fail to do that, you have to have a boring battle with them, so i guess that's incentive to get it right! The levels are creative, well done, there are some challenging puzzles, the levels are never repetitive, and yes the game is actually challenging which is very well appreciated. The graphics are outdated at this point but who cares. Although the levels aren't repetitive the basic game mechanics somewhat are, this game has the feel of good without being great. Expand
  14. Apr 6, 2012
    Its a bad port. So bad that it makes, what appears to be a very fun and good game, totally unplayable. Do they expect PC players to play with controllers instead of mouse/keyboard?
  15. Aug 23, 2011
    This game is the worst port of all time. I bought it on Steam, and guess what it says "Move Right Analog Stick" Like seriously were Ubisoft so lazy that they couldn't even be bothered to change the basic instructions? Also, get this, the camera moves really slow when you move it around, even at 100% mouse speed, it's still the same, and thats what really kills the game. The extremelyThis game is the worst port of all time. I bought it on Steam, and guess what it says "Move Right Analog Stick" Like seriously were Ubisoft so lazy that they couldn't even be bothered to change the basic instructions? Also, get this, the camera moves really slow when you move it around, even at 100% mouse speed, it's still the same, and thats what really kills the game. The extremely sluggish camera speed. Resolutions aren't that good, doesn't go up to 1680x1050, it's a fairly old game but look at Half-Life 1, Valve makes it compatible with every resolution so why cant this game?

Dont buy this for PC it's most probably a lot better on consoles.
  16. Aug 21, 2011
    The final installment (story-wise) to the Sands of Time quadrilogy and this series ends with a bang! Set straight after Warrior Within's events the Prince returns with Kaileena to Babylon where he finds it under war by none other than the Vizier himself, come back to life because of the events at the Island of Time. The combat is typical of the previous game but made slightly better,The final installment (story-wise) to the Sands of Time quadrilogy and this series ends with a bang! Set straight after Warrior Within's events the Prince returns with Kaileena to Babylon where he finds it under war by none other than the Vizier himself, come back to life because of the events at the Island of Time. The combat is typical of the previous game but made slightly better, adding combos and giving the ability to steal weapons and kill and enemy at the same time without looking up a secret guide on the Internet like on Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Thing is though, they start moving away from combat in this game bringing in stealth kills called in this game Speed Kills. If the Prince is undetected and behind in enemy or in acrobatic placement he can do an animated Speed Kill which is quick, deadly and stylish through a series of left clicks when his weapons glow. Yes they're quick times but they're fun ones that are easy to do! The graphics are like Prince of Persia: Warrior Within's yet vastly better! The Prince also now has random encounters where he'll be transformed into his dark side, his evil side, his Dark Prince! He has a whole new combo system and looks completely different! The best part is when the Prince transforms back the Sand infection spreads up his arm more and more, each time he transforms! Like the other two games before this one has Life Upgrades but unlike Prince of Persia: Warrior Within are less hidden but still a challenge. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is a great game and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to feel the Prince's true acrobatic and fighting prowess and someone who wants to see the outcome of the Prince's story! Trust me, if you've played all the others before, the ending will make you cry! I did! Expand
  17. May 29, 2011
    The game may actually be great. Good luck finding out on this god-awful console port. Its control scheme is confounding and even after rebinding is sluggish. Worse still, you get many if not most of your tooltip advice geared toward Playstation players (maybe my mouse doesn't HAVE a right-analog stick!) and the game is utterly unable to handle handle widescreen monitor resolutions. This isThe game may actually be great. Good luck finding out on this god-awful console port. Its control scheme is confounding and even after rebinding is sluggish. Worse still, you get many if not most of your tooltip advice geared toward Playstation players (maybe my mouse doesn't HAVE a right-analog stick!) and the game is utterly unable to handle handle widescreen monitor resolutions. This is a broken disaster of a game that should never have been released in this form on PC. Expand
  18. DavidN
    Apr 30, 2010
    Brilliant! Addictive and gorgeous. Love the gameplay. Absolutely stunning environment but gameplay is so much fun. You can fire arrows from ledges and trees at your enemies and there's just so much variety.Once I began playing this I just loved it. I bought the Limited Edition and I am very happy with it. It's worth every cent . Eye candy is terrific but the gameplay is so much Brilliant! Addictive and gorgeous. Love the gameplay. Absolutely stunning environment but gameplay is so much fun. You can fire arrows from ledges and trees at your enemies and there's just so much variety.Once I began playing this I just loved it. I bought the Limited Edition and I am very happy with it. It's worth every cent . Eye candy is terrific but the gameplay is so much FUN with a capitol F. Expand
  19. AnalogueB
    Jul 18, 2008
    A great game, but for me this is the weakest of the trilogy. Ubi seemed to take a lot of the criticism from WW on board, which would normally be a good thing, but they seem to have watered things down a bit much. Whereas WW was an epic marvel of game design, Two Thrones downscales stuff considerably (story, gameworld, combat, puzzles etc), and I didn't find it anywhere near asA great game, but for me this is the weakest of the trilogy. Ubi seemed to take a lot of the criticism from WW on board, which would normally be a good thing, but they seem to have watered things down a bit much. Whereas WW was an epic marvel of game design, Two Thrones downscales stuff considerably (story, gameworld, combat, puzzles etc), and I didn't find it anywhere near as satisfying as the two previous titles.

Still awesome, just a bit further from perfection than its predecessors.
  20. OK
    Jan 29, 2006
    The writing isn't quite as brilliant as Sands of Time but that doesn't stop "The Two Thrones" from being one of the finest games I've played in years. While wrapping up one of my favorite sagas, Ubisoft managed to make improvements on gameplay that made even the heavy handed Warrior Within a joy to play. We're left with, then, a fitting conclusion to the series and a The writing isn't quite as brilliant as Sands of Time but that doesn't stop "The Two Thrones" from being one of the finest games I've played in years. While wrapping up one of my favorite sagas, Ubisoft managed to make improvements on gameplay that made even the heavy handed Warrior Within a joy to play. We're left with, then, a fitting conclusion to the series and a super fun game to just play. Nothing will top the original SoT but this one comes close...which is good enough. More please! Expand
  21. ScottH.
    Jan 20, 2006
    awsome game! my only gripes is the watering down of the free ofrm fighting system, it lost some of the kynetic feel of WW when fighting and the enemies simply stopped your endless swordplay at some parts, they filtered out some of the the enemy to wall to enemy tricks and you dont get the same satisfaction from chooping your foe in half (I swear im not a sadist) All in all its better than awsome game! my only gripes is the watering down of the free ofrm fighting system, it lost some of the kynetic feel of WW when fighting and the enemies simply stopped your endless swordplay at some parts, they filtered out some of the the enemy to wall to enemy tricks and you dont get the same satisfaction from chooping your foe in half (I swear im not a sadist) All in all its better than the others and deffinately a great ending to the series! Expand
  22. JamesH.
    Dec 17, 2005
    Overall an enjoyable game, although it is really a glorified console game. Graphics are a tad dated on the one hand, but on the other hand it makes for a game that can be ran well, unlike FEAR or Doom 3. The controls are difficult to get used to. I wished that the camera angle was fixed to following behind the character and free look was activated by a keyboard button. It is difficult get Overall an enjoyable game, although it is really a glorified console game. Graphics are a tad dated on the one hand, but on the other hand it makes for a game that can be ran well, unlike FEAR or Doom 3. The controls are difficult to get used to. I wished that the camera angle was fixed to following behind the character and free look was activated by a keyboard button. It is difficult get your bearings when facing off with multiple foes because of the always-on freelook, but the attack moves and combos are great, a lot of variety. The save system is the biggest flaw. You can only save every so often at certain points. There should be a quicksave feature, because some of the acrobatic/climbing/jumping maneuvers are difficult and have to be rehearsed until you get the hang of it, and if you fall to your death, you are sent back a bit, and have to repeat the same maneuvers which you had done previously. Fantastic music, I actually keep the volume for the in-game music turned up, unlie the irritating thmuping music in Half-Life 2. Nice cut scene graphics as well. The only bug I have encoutnered is that the mouse cursor in the in-game options menu occasonally freezes, requiring a restart. Expand
  23. JanB.
    Dec 13, 2005
    man this game rocks, got it yesterday and i'm still busy farah is even more useful than the sands of time she was in but u gotta buy it a fan or not believe me i am their biggest fan so get it or get bored this is the last but best ever in the series buy it also those who did play the other two dont worry but i gotta warn you blood is gone but fights are still violent as it ever man this game rocks, got it yesterday and i'm still busy farah is even more useful than the sands of time she was in but u gotta buy it a fan or not believe me i am their biggest fan so get it or get bored this is the last but best ever in the series buy it also those who did play the other two dont worry but i gotta warn you blood is gone but fights are still violent as it ever could be forgive me i suck at english(africa) last but not least graphics are still same so dont worry buy it buy it buy it Expand
  24. Apr 6, 2012

1. Even though this series has had its bumps along the way, the end product was completely worth it.
  2. The great talents at Ubisoft have done it again with this one folks and I don't think this is the last we will hear of the Prince of Persia.
  3. The main problem I had here in Two Thrones was, amazingly and sadly enough, the environments! In a franchise that held a high standard for level design, Two Thrones features bland and drab colors that are just uninteresting in so many ways.