7.2

1. Mar 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Worst Prince of Persia Ever.
    I fell in the trap of buying this game blindly due to the non DRM promise from Ubisoft. All I can say the graphics and the non existent DRM are the only positive things I can say about the this game, and I am a huge fan of PoP way back since the first game.
    First the game, easy, way too easy, highly repetitive and short. You basically run around in various environments and the visually very appealing jump and run sequences basically are a hit the displayed button within 5 seconds quicktime event. The puzzles which always have been one hallmark of pop are virtually non existent, and the boss fights are constantly over and over again to be done. Worse every boss has to be defeated 5 times, 4 of the times there is literally no change in pace or strategy.
    The non dying is not the worst design decision in the game, there are others way worse.

Add to that that the voice actors now come with disney like american accents and you have the perfect Prince of Persia designed by marketing droids, where the gameplay simply was forgotten, or there was forgotten that there was a game at all, hence I am giving this game a score of 2, both points for the visual appealing presentation and non existent DRM. Too bad that the game was forgotten behind the presentation.

All I can say is games industry, please stop trying to design your games after marketing peoples demands and start again to design games. For me this game was enough reason to quite the series for now, maybe the latest PoP is better, but I am taking an absence from PoP!
  2. Sep 9, 2011
    If I wanted to pay $60 bucks for a movie, this would be the way to go. The hero cannot die, and there are only a few different bad guys. Like many other games I was suckered into product loyalty, and then this comes along. Graphically, it looks fantastic, but there is little depth to the character and the difficulty seems to peak about two boss fights in.
  3. Jan 9, 2013
    Absolutely rubbish. Nothing like the other superb games in the series. This one is an experiment gone wrong. Its boring, dull and a waste of your money and time. AVOID!
  4. Dec 24, 2012
    The game looks good in therms of design and graphics but that's the only positive thing I can think of.
    This game basicly destroyed almost every aspect of Prince of Persia I enjoyed for the past years.
    From basicly the first second I was feeling like a useless addition to the entire story. There's nothing left of the epic prince I remember. You're wining little prick that carries a magical princess through the entire country. I thought it was maybe just for the start of the game but I ended up not feeling epic a single second in this game. The game should in my opinion be called:
    "Princess of Persia" There's no serious fighting and you can't even die anymore.
    It became a nice looking platformer for kids. For anyone new to prince of persia and is not looking for serious action, this game might not be as bad as I make it seem. For anyone used to the great action, fighting and challenges from the PoP series, this game will bring nothing but disappointment.

P.S. Also it's now available on steam for only
  5. May 14, 2013
    the worse prince of persia ever, a saga who caracterized for it diffucult sells it to the noob public, great desappoint, stupid dialogues and principal character, and donĀ“t forget to say the best word to describe this "bored"

It has its shortcomings, but I already sense that Prince of Persia will be one of the few games from this generation that I carry with me for the next decade.
  2. Having said this, Prince of Persia is one of those games that has obvious flaws but manages to pull together to become so much more than the sum of its parts. The charmingly cliched story, the visuals, audio, and their sparkling polish come together to make the Prince of Persia a modern epic. [January 2009, p.51]
  3. While its lack of challenge may lull fans, its ease of use will delight newcomers and draw in anyone who appreciates a touch of magic.