Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 PC

6.4

1. Oct 2, 2011
    Really not up to the mark.. i was expecting a better game from Konami.. The players look too robotic, which spoils your mood.. Yes the graphics are good on close up, but in gameplay they suck.
    Lighting effects from konami are mind blowing, EA (FIFA12) should learn from konami ..
    But other than that, it lets you down. :(
  2. Oct 11, 2011
    these people should not make any more football games ever all the bugs from the previous versions are here bad frame rate glitchy cannot name all the bugs major disappointment loved pes since ps1 n64 days but in the last 3-4 years it has been **** all the things they should have fixed they just made them worse it feels like im fighting with the controls all the time its like you are notthese people should not make any more football games ever all the bugs from the previous versions are here bad frame rate glitchy cannot name all the bugs major disappointment loved pes since ps1 n64 days but in the last 3-4 years it has been **** all the things they should have fixed they just made them worse it feels like im fighting with the controls all the time its like you are not playing at all Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    I can only say that PES is starting to get worse each year, and FIFA is getting better each year, until PES 2010 it was the best soccer game, but FIFA 11 ate PES 2011 for breakfast. It was really disappointing to see how the game "improved" as they described in their trailers but I didn't see much like it.

I hope next year they'll take themself and make a game that worth even playing.
  4. Oct 9, 2011
    Well, i'm a former fan of the serie since the first one. The hell i'm a fan since iss on the supernes. Let me tell one thing: There's something i really hate these days about videogame developers: They totally try to resolve everything with autocalibration. So what i mean? it doesn't matter what you do or how hard you try, the result is often in an ordinary proportion already decided. SoWell, i'm a former fan of the serie since the first one. The hell i'm a fan since iss on the supernes. Let me tell one thing: There's something i really hate these days about videogame developers: They totally try to resolve everything with autocalibration. So what i mean? it doesn't matter what you do or how hard you try, the result is often in an ordinary proportion already decided. So during the match what you do is struggle around the field through adversary players and yours (since most of the time they simply put themselves in front of you, holding you a bunch of times), then at a certain point the ai decides it's time to score, so you freakingly loose the ball, the ai throws the ball ahead and scores. Then it's time for you to score, but just because the ai decides you can, so they become dumber until you score. most of the time they act stupid, but then, at a certain point, they score easily. That's it. Is this supposed to be a game? To me seams like someone instead of putting me in front of a challenge simply makes me win to make me happy, or worse makes me loose to make me angry.
    Believe me, this is a crappy game, where yuo don't EVER feel in control of anything, where you feel frustrated by the ai eather it's controlling one of your team players (putting in the way of your throws for example, making the ball bounce in the feet of the adversary), or one of the opposite team (dribling 34 of your team, then passing and scoring). This game it's not entertaining at all! Scoring it's a relieve, not a thrill.
    Believe me, these couple of things aren't the only problems of the gameplay, but they are so annoying that it would be useless to list the others, since these written are enough to make this game almost unplayable.

Coming to the side aspects of the game (menus, master league, etc): I didn't care at all about these thing back in the time. This game was absolutely not about these things, so in better time i would totally ignored these aspects. The hell, master league was totally unnecessary to me, but was a funny introduction. The only thing is that it's getting WORSE, not better. So how do the developers actually spend their time? But since they seam to put so much effort in these crappy axpects, and since the gameplay became so annoying, now i just want to underline how crappy these aspects of the game really are: As usual the game comes with not up to date teams, which is frankly a lot more annoying than copyright problem. Menus are absolutely nonsensical: one time they used to be very simple, everything was reachable whith little effort, then year after year they become frustrating. Let's make an example: I want to change a player with another, why aren't there the characteristics in front of me? I have to dig 'em up, by pressing a lot of keys, passing through a lot of under-under-under menus, and so on... wasting time... Does the game assume i already have studied the characteristics of evry player before starting the match? What if i want to play with a team i don't know? Again, this is getting worse! I plauded the introduction of fast changes for those who already knew which players where to exchange, but why ruin a so simple interface? Another example: i whant to change the player throwing the free kick, why aren't there the characteristics? They used to be there, why not anymore? I have to go to the same useless screen where searching the charachteristics is simply harsh and too complex.
    Then, let's talk about the master league: it histerical: i applauded the introduction of the chance to start with a real team and actual players, now this nice feature isn't there anymore. Why? And again, now everything has to pass through boring, repetitive annoying videos, telling you the same annoying and useless things over and over. Was this really necessary? Transfers are worse, too menus, of doubtful utility. And what's with the new features: "player whants to talk to you"? one player comes to me and says "please, i'm tired, let me rest!", i answer "ok, you'll rest on the next match"; ofcourse he acts nonsensical, still frustrated and annoyed despite i did what he wanted (and this, is the same whith evry other stupid problem of any other player... "i want the numbered 10 shirt!" "ok, i'll give it to you" "well... ok... i don't like this situation but i'll make me a reason".... the hell?); in the end i make rest the player, and after the match he comes to me and says "why didn't i play? what does the other player have that i don't?" WHAT THE HELL??? ARE YOU TEASING ME? so, my dear konami, why you introduce new useless, annoying features, while erasing the good ones, those which actually made the game easier?
    In the end, i give this game a 4. Screwing some features to make it look a different game it's just shameful. I used to be a fan of this game, now i'm done. This is not a 0, because something is still working, till you make it not next year i guess.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 15, 2011
    New Konami football sim will please and annoy you in one minute. Lifelike football actions and visuals are spoiled by robotic AI, restricted moves and raw physics engine. [Nov 2011]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Pro Evolution Soccer is like Kaka – in mid-noughties it was cherished and loved, but today it's just a pale shadow of its old glorious self.
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 9, 2011
    PES 2012 fails to shift the balance – even if it's the best Pro Evolution Soccer to date it's still far behind the FIFA series. What PES desperately needs is a deep change. [November 2011, p.62]