Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 PC

4.4

1. Oct 31, 2013
    An improvement over PES 2013 and a good platform for future PES games to build on. Switching to a new engine is never easy, as seen with PES 2008, but this time around it feels better.
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    Yes, is not perfect but it is a big step for a biggest change for the next generation. I like a lot the gameplay and the phisichs but there is something strange... Konami, please finish the works before release a game, the fanatics deserve that.
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    Huge improvement compare to PES 2013 thanks to new engine! Absolutely amazing gameplay and realistic animation gives it the potential to become THE BEST football simulator in history (with PESEDIT help)! DO NOT complain about low amount of club licenses and absence of EPL (it will be fixed by fan patches). PS also players faces will be fixed by Konami soon!
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    PES 2014 is definitely some good fun. The graphics are just gorgeous, being miles, leaps and bounds ahead of the competition counterpart. The atmosphere surrounding the match is almost surreal. The sound department doesn't fall behind and delivers quite well. Might not be as good as the competition, but had a significant improvement from the last version (no, even though the sound has seenPES 2014 is definitely some good fun. The graphics are just gorgeous, being miles, leaps and bounds ahead of the competition counterpart. The atmosphere surrounding the match is almost surreal. The sound department doesn't fall behind and delivers quite well. Might not be as good as the competition, but had a significant improvement from the last version (no, even though the sound has seen improvements, the commentary still sucking some royal "s"). The new team licenses add value to the game definitely (at least to some south american and asian players), but, unfortunately, the gameplay has some flawed aspects. The AI is unbalanced, oscillating between unmerciful and plain retarded. The controls, even though not being utter sh**, like some say, could've been better; the player with the ball could run a tad bit faster, just enough to not seem like he sh*t himself moments after the start of the match. Overall, the game has it's flaws, but is definitely a step ahead to franchise. Once the problems get ironed out, the competition will need to come up with something actually new to compete. Expand
  5. Sep 22, 2013
    I'm playing the PES series since PES 3 and I've played all the ISS games before PES but with the PES Games which where released on the currentgen consoles it went downhill with PES, so I switched to FIFA. I had no fun with all the PES games from PES 2008 to PES 2012 and the Fifa games felt so much better and more realistisc until I played PES 2013 at that point I switched back to Konami'sI'm playing the PES series since PES 3 and I've played all the ISS games before PES but with the PES Games which where released on the currentgen consoles it went downhill with PES, so I switched to FIFA. I had no fun with all the PES games from PES 2008 to PES 2012 and the Fifa games felt so much better and more realistisc until I played PES 2013 at that point I switched back to Konami's PES series. And now I bought PES 2014 for the PC and I have to say that there are a lot of changes. First the graphics look really stunning on the PC at max. settings and there is less lagg than on the console versions. The gameplay feels really smooth and realistic. The ball physics is also really great. But there are also some points which i have to criticise like the licenses. There are less licensed teams and stadiums in contrast to PES 2013. All in all I'm really happy with the new PES and I hope they can optimize the Fox Engine till PES 2015 so that it won't lag at the opening scenes and so on. Graphics: 9.5/10, Sound 8.5/10, Controls 8/10, Gameplay 9/10 Expand
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    Much better than FIFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Sep 24, 2013
    I think they worked very well this time.

The new engine has a future. Maybe this year they do not complete a lot of stuff but the progress is impressive. Definitively I will buy this game and my brothers especially because they concentrate a lot of American Soccer Leagues like Brazil and Argentinian, South American cups and Leagues especially USA, Concacaf about the Europe teams we
    I think they worked very well this time.

Definitively I will buy this game and my brothers especially because they concentrate a lot of American Soccer Leagues like Brazil and Argentinian, South American cups and Leagues especially USA, Concacaf about the Europe teams we always love the most popular the rest a lot of people even didn't know European Leagues only La Liga, Premiere League and Bundesligue the most famous of Europe.

The people who knows a little of soccer feelings will understand my review without any fan boy crying
  8. Nov 1, 2013
    As all football games this generation it doesn't really play much like real football. But it does it better than FIFA in every single imaginable way and you will get glimpses of realism in this game. It will also give you situations that will make you want to tear your eyes out and feed them to your cat.

A few patches and tweaks and this game will become quite good. It is already good compared to other football games. In time, maybe we will have a really good and fun football game if Konami keeps up the good work they've done on this one. In all fairness, the demo is better so let's just hope they implement the AI gameplay they used in that one and improve the keepers somewhat.

It could also use a passing style option. The team styles doesn't really work all that well, as the AI will favor long passes regardless of what you actually set them to play. How can I give an 8 after saying mostly negative stuff you ask?

Have you played FIFA? that one deserves -5... ok the two last ones maybe 0. Football games have SUCKED for a few decades and this is a HUGE step in the right direction so it deserves some credit for the effort. I have fun with it if I take it at face value.
  9. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is based on the Fox Engine and it's a great leap forward for the PES series by KONAMI after a good PES 13.

PES 14 has all the 3 major continental competitions from Americas, Europe and Asia, which is a big plus for me as I really like to discover new teams and players and to expand my football database. PES 14 adds 5 more leagues to the game, thus enhancing the Football

PES 14 adds 5 more leagues to the game, thus enhancing the Football Life experience.

PES 14 has great graphics and improved gameplay.

For me, after PES 6, the king of PES series, PES 14 is second best !

Good job, KONAMI
  10. Feb 17, 2016
    Great game, I've played a lot of football games on PC and this is the one I liked the most. The gameplay is slower, but it's more realistic. You fight a lot to keep the ball and fewer goals are scored just like in real football matches. The graphics look great and work on most systems. The highest difficulty setting is challenging. Mods also can be installed. The game works with anyGreat game, I've played a lot of football games on PC and this is the one I liked the most. The gameplay is slower, but it's more realistic. You fight a lot to keep the ball and fewer goals are scored just like in real football matches. The graphics look great and work on most systems. The highest difficulty setting is challenging. Mods also can be installed. The game works with any controller. Came across no bugs with the latest patch installed. Expand

1. Nov 18, 2013
    PES 2014 is rife with frustrating flaws, but still, underneath all these layers of disappointment, there is a powerful core. In rare instances, when you are in control of the game, and there no bugs to spoil the fun, PES is more natural and alive than any FIFA.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 24, 2013
    New engine brought freshness to the series and if it wasn't for shoddy online support and a bunch of nasty bugs, FIFA 14 would be trembling. [Nov 2013]
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    The PES series has definitely left the grey zone, and with its new face and trained muscles it gets again into a fight to win the football cup. This is going to be a hell of a fight with the well started FIFA series, however, it has to start somewhere.