- Summary: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 centers everything on the ball including how it moves and how players use it. First touch and sublime control are what set certain players apart from others. The ability to not only read a pass, but to be one step ahead and to know what is needed to gain yards on an encroaching defender. Trueball Tech allows the player to trap or knock on a pass using the analogue stick with detailed bar-centric physics determining the weight shift of the player and the height and speed of the pass, as to how the player's body will automatically shape to receive it. The Pro Evolution Soccer series has long since treated the ball as an individual entity, allowing the player huge amounts of freedom to pass into space, run on to a knocked-on counter, or produces short triangular passes to make space. Trueball Tech adds even more freedom, with full 360-degree control within several yards around the player and the ability to shield the ball from opposing players, use deft controls to wrong-foot them, and intuitive methods to master close control.… Expand
Sep 24, 2013Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 is a little disappointing - we were expecting a huge revolution, and what we got is just a beginning of a revolution (and not that perfect, to be honest). The game offers lots of fun, is difficult enough and stays on the simulation side, but lots of technical issues truly test the player's patience. There are many steps in the right direction, but at the same time there are lots of steps back.
Sep 25, 2013I was looking forward to the new Fox-Engine as a foundation, but the next big step for the series is just not there. Instead of reaching a new level the gameplay is hindered by the teams’ problems with the engine, resulting in bugs and loads of minor flaws. That’s a shame, because the core mechanics are better than ever.
Oct 9, 2013Huge improvement compare to PES 2013 thanks to new engine! Absolutely amazing gameplay and realistic animation gives it the potential to become THE BEST football simulator in history (with PESEDIT help)! DO NOT complain about low amount of club licenses and absence of EPL (it will be fixed by fan patches). PS also players faces will be fixed by Konami soon!… Expand
Nov 9, 2013Este juego no me gusto mucho, tuvo un gameplay diferente y equipos nuevos.Lo que cambia en este PES es su jugabilidad, a mi me costo jugarlo en las dificultades faciles;este juego fue muy diferente al de todos los juegos de la saga.Lo bueno que puedo destacar de este juego son los graficos.… Expand
Nov 12, 2013good graphics, nice engine (definitely a step forward), good animations, best football game imho, but when u see a keeper refusing to stop a slow ball going inside, or watching how the ball's out for corner instead of taking it, u wanna die. They removed a lot of good features, the passing is lame, and dont make me get started with the refree..., really, japanese have no f****** idea about football, why they keep making footbal games?… Expand
Oct 13, 2013I used be a great fan of PES and was really disheartened when FIFA overtook them in gameplay terms a few years back. This new season had so much promise with a new engine, updates all round and Konami seemingly could take the lead again.
How wrong I was as this is the worst sports game ever, period.
The sluggish controls, dimwitted AI (have played XBLA sports games with better AI than this), an interface that gives litterally no information about what stats your players have so picking a team is impossible and other stupidity that makes everything just feel like it´s put together by a group of 11 year olds.
I can honestly say that if a reviewer has given this pile higher than a 1, you are either a blind EA hater or haven´t play´d this game at all.
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.… Expand
Nov 14, 2013Another poor edition of PES another year for FIFA. Good: - Graphics, seems to be better than last PES. Bad: - Game play is really slow, doesn't seem to be real football, FIFA is light years from PES.
- Where is the goalkeepers AI? Its PES 2014 !!!!!
- Player faces, what happens here, only a couple of players are similar.
- Online, most of the time really lagged.
- Less features than previous PES
- No Pre purchase in steam (Thanks god haha)
- Two month to be on steam and 59USD ????
- No steam works
- No steam cloud
Always making the same errors.
Your best choice, go again with FIFA this year.… Expand
Sep 30, 2013Wow. I have been a PES fan for as long as I remember, back to the ISS days on SNES.
Konami has made mistakes on many of its games, and few are completely perfect. But there was always the magic there. A new game was always a joy to play, even in Free Practice mode.
So the dissapointment could not be greater. Especially after all the promises, the new engine, the heart feature, etc. Really Konami?
The magis is gone. PES has gone the FIFA route, but is years behind their formula. Sure the animations are better than ever, but it means the game is sluggish, waiting for the animation to run before a change in direction, shot, pass, etc. Very different to the crisp, immediate response of the ISS and PES games of the past. So, so far, from the great games like PES6.
The new engine novelty wears off very quickly, as it is a prettier game but by no means jaw dropping. Only a slight improvement. And football games are about gameplay, who cares about facial hair and more accurate lighting, when shooting feels unreal and manouvering in the penalty box is so sluggish.
Man covering is terrible. I cannot get my team to pressure or hold the formation I desire.
Konami have tried to make defending possible by implementing some ridiculous turbo gimmick. Your player slowly accelerates and then decelerates. Very very unrealistic. There is no player explosion, you have to wait for the players to slowly accelerate. Also running a 20m sprint is now impossible, as your player will decelerate and be caught by any defender like Vidic, etc.
It is a complete gimick and unlike real football.
In the end, this game is like a blow to the stomach. We knew Konami had problems with PES and going back to a new engine, with all their promises, would bring back the glory days.
Now, PES is even further away from the original formula. Looking withouth personality. It is a bland FIFA experience, sluggish, gimicky, licenseless.
PES 2013 is a much, much, better game.… Expand