7.5

1. Dec 6, 2013
    This game is incredibly fun and you will probably waste hours of your time playing it. It is a good survival horror game and isn't just shooting zombies heads off. You have to focus on other stuff like Hunger, Dehydration, Unhappiness, etc, and zombies can be roaming around in hoards or waiting around the corner to bite you. There are a few bad bugs with the current build of the game butThis game is incredibly fun and you will probably waste hours of your time playing it. It is a good survival horror game and isn't just shooting zombies heads off. You have to focus on other stuff like Hunger, Dehydration, Unhappiness, etc, and zombies can be roaming around in hoards or waiting around the corner to bite you. There are a few bad bugs with the current build of the game but overall its a damn good game and well worth your money. Expand
  2. Nov 18, 2013
    I tried the demo with some doubt. I didn't think it would be that fun with the level of graphics and game play. Was I wrong.
    Even with it being only in Alpha right now, it is an awesome game. The level of detail and deep game play makes this one of my favorite zombie games. I love how there is no happy ending, that in the zombie world you will die, it is just a matter of when and how.
    With more features planned, it can only get better.
    I recommend playing the Demo first and decide whether this is your game or not. For me, I love it.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    This game has a lot of potential, if the game developers fixed the bugs the game would be top notch. This game is actually able to simulate a zombie apocalypse that features every thing from food to depression and morale. I heard some news about the game developers adding survivors, that would make this game perfect.
  4. Nov 14, 2013
    I would like to begin by saying that I am writing this as of the initial steam release of Project Zomboid as it is a game that has been in beta for a long time and will continue to be altered as the developers see fit for some time to come. So it is important for any reader to understand that this is a review of the game in its current state and not throughout its entire developmentI would like to begin by saying that I am writing this as of the initial steam release of Project Zomboid as it is a game that has been in beta for a long time and will continue to be altered as the developers see fit for some time to come. So it is important for any reader to understand that this is a review of the game in its current state and not throughout its entire development history, with that aside let the review begin.
    Project Zomboid is probably the first zombie game to come out in some time that is truly doing something new and unique and for this alone it should be commended. It is an Isometric survival game with token RPG elements which blends the character management of the Sims with a large sandbox environment populated with zombies, buildings,items and even a few other survivors to deal with. The game is not about head-shotting zombies it is about survival which recently has become a somewhat meaningless term due to overuse. fighting zombies is rarely at any point anything more than an absolute necessity to be avoided if at all possible. this is done through use of the game's stealth mechanics which simply rely on line of sight and how much noise you are making with the only way of knowing how stealthy you are being whether or not the zombies are trying to eat you. Now although the game can be lazily described as survival or perhaps survival horror at a stretch the interesting thing is that you cannot survive. There is no way to win the zombies keep coming in ever larger hordes and the food runs out or goes bad and all the while your character gets crushed under the psychological damage of the zombie apocalypse. Your entire play through is as the game puts it the story of how you died. All in all this makes for an enjoyable and unique experience however it is let down slightly by a terrible user interface and the odd glitch here and there that give the game an unpolished feel.
    in the end i recommend playing this game as it is easily worth the meager amount they are charging for it and it does enough things differently to bring a fresh new perspective to the zombie genre, a remarkable feat in itself.
  5. Dec 6, 2013
    It is in alpha right now, so expect bugs. However, even with the bugs that I have encountered, this game is awesome. The map you are able to explore is huge. It takes an extremely long time to explore every area. This game has a bunch of new features and bug fixes coming. I would give it a 9 if it weren't for just one annoying bug in the game. Some leniency is to be had for the game beingIt is in alpha right now, so expect bugs. However, even with the bugs that I have encountered, this game is awesome. The map you are able to explore is huge. It takes an extremely long time to explore every area. This game has a bunch of new features and bug fixes coming. I would give it a 9 if it weren't for just one annoying bug in the game. Some leniency is to be had for the game being still in the early development stage still. However, I bought the game knowing this since it was advertised as such with a big banner saying "Early Access." The game has already paid for itself and is very enjoyable in its current state. Some are experiencing game stopping bugs and problems getting the game to run and keep running. I feel for them as I have experienced the same issue with another previously purchased game. Hopefully those bugs and crashes will be sorted out quickly once the game progresses more with development. Expand
  6. Oct 25, 2011
    First off I would like to request that this title be added with Alpha as thats the title it has when bought as of 10/25/2011

Also I would recommend looking for updates to the game. That being said Project Zomboid is a zombie survival and one thing is for certian, YOU WILL DIE. Thats the point. It is not to get to the end of the game. It is to survive as long as possible and use your

Also I would recommend looking for updates to the game.

That being said Project Zomboid is a zombie survival and one thing is for certian, YOU WILL DIE. Thats the point. It is not to get to the end of the game. It is to survive as long as possible and use your surroundings and items to the best of their abilities.

Now the game is currently in Alpha phase. It is extremely buggy and some elements you expect in a game do not exist. For example, as of now there is no way to save your game, nor is there a menu once in-game, usually games have a menu giving you the option of quitting or other buttons by pressing the escape key.

At the beginning of the games sandbox mode you are given a screen that resembles an RPG game, where you have points to allocate for perks. The perks are not really explained by any tutorial, nor is there a in-depth tutorial to teach the player the ropes. There is a tutorial story mode though it is very hard to understand it.

Once you get through the clunky user interface, and get acquainted to more aspects of the game you have to understand, this is not your "Left-4-Dead" shooter. You can take on a single zombie, but any more and you risk getting scratched, and in this game you are NOT immune. You will become infected and will sooner or later die. You can get sick from food poisoning and you get hungry and tired. All of these effects can actually kill you (e.g. passing out outside and getting eaten alive, starving to death, dieing from illness, not being able to sleep due to being in too much pain.)
    This game is more of a simulation, in the Alpha version there are limited moods, as of now I have encountered the mood of, pain, panic, tired, hungry, sick, wet(from being out in the rain too long) from being wet I got sick. Also getting hurt, cut or scratched, may not infect you, however you could still die from loss of blood if the bleeding is not stopped in time. If your legs are harmed you may have slower walking speed and running speed. This makes combat much more risky with melee weapons.

The game gives the player the ability to barricade any house they choose. As long as they have the correct supplies to make barricades. I would like to delve into the crafting system in the game as of Alpha 10/24/2011, the game allows you to take the items you find in the world, and modify them with other items, for example you find some bed sheets? Craft them into ripped sheets to use as bandages.

The other aspect I would like to go into, is that the producer The Indie Stone, is moving production along as Minecraft has. The game was only released This June, however when you buy the game, you are entitled to all of the updates to come. There is a free demo for you to see if you want to play it as it is now. It will soon however with updates and time, shape up I think to a nice and fully addictive game.

However that being said I would not place too much time in it without understanding at the current moment, there is no way to save the game for later use. As of now with the addictive nature to just go out and try and survive, I will give it a 6/10, however with time I can see me modifying the review to add new features and the score can only go up, I am highly anticipating later versions of this game.
  7. May 27, 2013
    Project Zomboid is an isometric survival "simulator" that puts you in control of a character that is destined to die in the process. This turns around the focus in the game and instead of trying to reach a specific "end" you are encouraged to "enjoy the ride". You can cook, loot, shoot and must take care that your character get's enough sleep, even bandage yourself if wounded. You mayProject Zomboid is an isometric survival "simulator" that puts you in control of a character that is destined to die in the process. This turns around the focus in the game and instead of trying to reach a specific "end" you are encouraged to "enjoy the ride". You can cook, loot, shoot and must take care that your character get's enough sleep, even bandage yourself if wounded. You may carry a melee and/or ranged weapon but the bigger the gun, the bigger the sound. Shooting attracts near-by zombies towards you and while it's easy to kill couple of them, a horde overruns you easily. I must say that this game isn't easy (as in casual easy) and requires some learning (as every good game does, mind you). Highly recommended for friends of roguelikes and zombies. Expand
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    Project Zomboid.. Let me just start by saying that i've never ever played a zombie game that felt anything like this. This game have a "walking dead" feeling. And omg how I love the walking dead.

Now.. First of all this game is in Alpha stage, and I can't stress enough to get that message through your heads. Game can become quite linear as it is of right now. BUT in later builds this game is going to be so god damn awesome. I really hope for some Co-op mode I can play with my friends. Because NONE of the current zombie "survival" games can live up to what this game has. AND IT'S ONLY IN ALPHA!

Now a little story from my game experience: Had a pretty fortified house with nearly everything I needed. Food, water, a place to sleep and GUNS. Even had a little farm of my own :3 I decided to do a run into town so I could get some more supplies. (And even more guns. Can't ever get enough of those) I came across a supermarket, figured I would sneak in and have a look. And was I in for a surprise.. After looking through most of the store I find a little room in the back. The second I open the door a zombie jumps me. I blasted it to shreds with my shotgun. Now that wasn't the best idea, because quite alot of zombies heard me. They started swarming the store while I ran out the back. Took me quite a while to get back safe to my base. Now when I figured everything was safe I went to sleep. But only to wake up to a horde of zombies banging down the doors.I was pretty much done for so I decided to make a last stand. After a 5 min struggle I managed to slip through the horde and out of my base. But only to end up dead 10 min later of exhaustion, panic, hunger and thirst.

This game adds so many cool things that none of the other companies has ever managed to get near. This is something I would actually call a Zombie Survival game.

Let me finish it off by saying that the current build offers a couple of hours fun. So you shouldn't have too high expectations. But if you're a walking dead fan like me, or just like banging zombies heads. Then support this game by buying it on steam!
  9. Mar 6, 2013
    Fantastic game! Buggy as hell in its present stage however the concept and application is spot on. It is worth noting that people may want to withhold buying the game and stick to the demo until the game is in a more stable state, however even in its current situation the game excels at atmosphere and tension. Once the final game is released I believe players will be enthralled with theFantastic game! Buggy as hell in its present stage however the concept and application is spot on. It is worth noting that people may want to withhold buying the game and stick to the demo until the game is in a more stable state, however even in its current situation the game excels at atmosphere and tension. Once the final game is released I believe players will be enthralled with the multilayer and new content. (Already announced on steam, however may take a while before its finished) Expand
  10. May 11, 2012
    This is a phenomenal game - it's just as stressful and challenging as I would hope a survival horror game would be. The isometric rendering turned me off at first, but I have high hopes for the next version of the game that gets released. I've never been a fan of Resident Evil or Left 4 Dead, but this zombie game has me hooked. I wish there was the ability to save games, though!
  11. Sep 16, 2013
    Review from September 2013: Project Zomboid is actually the only game I would call a Zombie survival simulator today. Games like Dead Island 2 are interesting but I would probably not call the survival games, and for sure I wouldn't call them survival simulators. Minecraft is really an interesting game with lots and lots of atmosphere and genius gameplay but's lacking the dark, hauntedReview from September 2013: Project Zomboid is actually the only game I would call a Zombie survival simulator today. Games like Dead Island 2 are interesting but I would probably not call the survival games, and for sure I wouldn't call them survival simulators. Minecraft is really an interesting game with lots and lots of atmosphere and genius gameplay but's lacking the dark, haunted mood and realistic scenario for a real zombie game. DayZ is interesting but it's too much of a death match shooter, lacking ambitious crafting and sheltering. Project Zomboid manages it to combine all these worlds. Interesting sandbox gameplay, open ended dramaturgy, haunting atmosphere, crafting and sheltering. Also by now I didn't encounter any serious bugs in my version. In fact I didn't encounter ANY bugs beneath some graphic glitches during the loading screen by now. Expand
  12. Mar 12, 2014
    Fantastic game. Still in early alpha, but i have enjoyed every second of it. In this game, you will not survive and walk out as a savior, like many zombie survival games do. For me, this is a very welcome approach. Even the game's intro brings out the true nature of the game: This is the story of how you died.

The multiplayer alphatest just arrived, and so far the 10 hours i've played

The multiplayer alphatest just arrived, and so far the 10 hours i've played it with my friends, has been fantastic fun. There's a lot of zombies to bash everywhere.

When the NPC's are brought back in to the game and when this game is finally out of alpha, it is supposed to come with a Mod support, which will most likely raise my review of this game to near 10.

Your character will suffer from bleeding wounds, boredom, emotional stress as he wades through the hopeless world. You have zero chances of coming out as a winner in Project Zomboid.

Eventually, when you got the game's mechanics down, you will run in to new tricky situations like: Complete electricity grid shutdown, water system shutdown etc, which will eventually teach you to hoard and choose your items wisely.

Surely, you will occasionally get stuck through a bug, and have go through an horrible death, but this is perfecly fine in a game that is advertised to be in early access for a while more. This barely even matters, as your progression is saved in the world you are playing at. If you die, no problem. Just start a new character and head back to your old headquarters and pray that it has not been suddenly occupied by a horde of zombies.

When the mods are introduced, and when the game experiences it's full launch, it is going to be #1 of my most anticipated games of the year.

If you like building an headquarters and sticky situations, this is a game for you.
  13. Jan 17, 2012
    Very fun game.
    I cant wait for the new features!
    If you are looking for a zombie survival game, not like l4d where you are invincible and just kill, then play this game!
  14. Sep 4, 2013
    This is now on Alpha version 16, works quite well, few bugs and stuff still missing some items not working implemented. However on its current state I really enjoy it. Nothing is more enjoyable than having a breather in your own safe house, only until you hear squeaking and thumping on the door during the night! It's sometimes really creepy to have those Z's sneak up on you.

Great

Great idea for game, well worth the few euros!
  15. May 30, 2013
    mailordermonstr Is a moron and shouldn't rate things because he a crappy computer. The game is great and very well done, It has come very far from the first open build for the public.... I love this game and I am still playing it. I recommend you buy it! You will most likely enjoy it!
  16. Nov 23, 2013
    Di solito recensisco pochi giochi...e quando lo faccio perchè meritano...gioco a questo fin da quando ci fu la prima release su Desura (piattaforma molto simile a steam ma dove passano per primo molti giochi per il 90% indie e solo dopo esser passati di la passano su steam) Giocato da quando ancora aveva una totale e diversa grafica,quasi cartoonesca,ora maturato e dopo anni ed anniDi solito recensisco pochi giochi...e quando lo faccio perchè meritano...gioco a questo fin da quando ci fu la prima release su Desura (piattaforma molto simile a steam ma dove passano per primo molti giochi per il 90% indie e solo dopo esser passati di la passano su steam) Giocato da quando ancora aveva una totale e diversa grafica,quasi cartoonesca,ora maturato e dopo anni ed anni diventato un alpha game che di alpha ormai ha poco in quanto totalmente giocabile,ma ovviamente dovuto al fatto che ha ancora moltissimi bug (ma non da renderlo ingiocabile anzi) e ai contenuti da inserire ancora in numero esorbitante,colui che ha progettato a questo gioco lo ha voluto (tanto di cappello) tenere appunto in questo stage...be sicuramente certe software house dovrebbero prendere esempio da questo ragazzo che almeno ammette che se il prodotto non completo non ha senso di renderlo in beta stage o in totale release completa, molto spesso molti giochi tripla A sono veramente delle beta,e molti contenuti vengono aggiunti dopo e pure a pagamento..
    Allora questo gioco a molti non soddisferà per l elevatissima difficoltà,ma secondo me li il bello,morire per poi riprovare e durare più giorni (gente che riuscita a sopravvivere per mesi e qualcuno per qualche anno rendetevi conto,ma sono pochi eletti) ogni cosa e totalmente usfruibile,da coltelli spalma burro,semi di vegetali,mazze da baseball,chiodi e così via...ovviamente alla parola chiodi la gente pensa subito al loro uso ed alla parola fondamentale "CRAFTING" e questo essendo un survival game non poteva non avere una componente tale...
    aggiungete il suddetto chiodo ad una mazza e creerete una mazza letale, tagliate una maglia e creerete bende per le vostre ferite (ai graffi probabilmente ce cura,ma ai morsi addio vita in ogni caso) con i chiodi e travi potrete costruire una roccaforte e quant altro...
    Insomma la fantasia e il vostro modo di giocare cambierà ogni partita e vi farà confrontare con amici per migliorare e durare di più....
    Potrei continuare per ore,potrei persino dire che aggiungeranno presto gli npc (alcuni benevoli altri voltagabbana) aggiungeranno anche zone di contenimento zombie da parte di militari e quant altro (per ora passeranno elicotteri e rumori di soldati che attireranno gli zombie verso il suono) e aprirei un ennesima parentesi a riguardo giusto per solleticare la vostra curiosità verso questo gioco in quanto anche rompere una finestra o far suonare un allarme attirerà i zombie verso tale luogo (a volte potrebbe essere una gran cosa questa) il meteo si compone in soleggiato e piovoso e potrebbero crearvi problemi in quanto se indosserete maglioni pesanti durante giornate calde vi stancherete prima e avrete sete ancora prima (e visto che di acqua ce n poca può essere un casino) e la pioggia abbasserà la vostra temperatura corporea e vi rendere pure tristi e depressi tutti umidificati.....in futuro verranno aggiunti oggetti,meccaniche,crafting vari e renderanno sicuramente questo un gioco addictive...un pò come fece minecraft a suo tempo...insomma quando escono di questi giochi fa sempre piacere...poi un gioco survival zombie così figo merita ed pure più realistico di qualunque altro zombie game giocato perdere non mai stato così divertente
  17. Feb 1, 2014
    Don't buy this game. Look at the "Mondoid Updates" in the steam forums for proof that they will never finish this game. Every week they talk about what they PLAN to do, but they never get anything done.

This was my first early access game and I should have done my research. This game will never be finished. The company is unprofessional and disorganized. Always providing excuses as to why they aren't getting anything done with this game.

Stay Away people. It is a SCAM. It will never be completed and why should they complete it? They have already made millions and can sit back and release these "Mondiod Updates" about their pipe-dreams to keep the customers happy.

The game has potential, i will give it that. But with this company behind the wheel it will never be realized. If they release a substantial update, NPCs for example, (which has been promised forever but now they are working on multiplayer instead, probably to increase sales and userbase) I may consider changing this review.
  18. Feb 12, 2013
    ALPHA build

ALPHA build

Do you like re-installing drivers, fiddling with anti-virus software, and searching through endless forums? Then go get this "game" right now. I put game in quotation marks because your chances of actually playing this seem slim. It's still in the alpha stage so some bugs are to be expected, however I was hoping the bugs would be in the game and not so bad that the game wont even start. I have managed to play this game. I played the free demo and enjoyed it. I enjoyed it so much that I eventually bought the game (and all further updates) for 8 dollars. I should've stuck with the free demo though since it actually worked. If you're interested in this game, get the free demo. Wait for the final build, unless troubleshooting brings you great joy. This is the only time I've ever given a game a score of zero. If it had worked at least as well as the free demo (or even started for that matter), it would've scored much higher. Maybe an 8.
  19. Nov 9, 2013
    Waste of money. Bought on Steam for $15, not even close to worth it. Won't even run on my machine, I can't understand why they would release something like this for a price.
  20. Nov 9, 2013
    Terrible and unplayable. Bugs are so prevalent, they're more of a threat than the zombies and the frame rate is so poor you can barely move, even on a top-end gaming machine.

Made a HUGE! mistake buying this.
  21. Dec 24, 2013
    Terrible. Primitive graphics, interface, game play. I've seen highschool kids design a better game in a week. This is just a money grab. Check out "7 Days to Die" or "Rust" instead.
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    Alpha. The game isn't bad for an alpha, However, after playing the build for two or three days... it's not worth the money. $15 is way too much for a game with aging graphics, glitches, and some important broken crafting recipies, not to mention the zombie theme cash in. DayZ, Rust, Project Zomboid... to be honest, the zombie genre is getting run down. All of that together, I could betterAlpha. The game isn't bad for an alpha, However, after playing the build for two or three days... it's not worth the money. $15 is way too much for a game with aging graphics, glitches, and some important broken crafting recipies, not to mention the zombie theme cash in. DayZ, Rust, Project Zomboid... to be honest, the zombie genre is getting run down. All of that together, I could better see this game going for maybe... $5 per copy. The game has it's moments, so it is worth some money, but not 15 dollars. Hopefully it'll be better when they actually finish... I hope so anyways, already threw money at the publisher. Expand
  23. Oct 12, 2014
    "No F***ing Axe" - this should be the title of this game.

"No F***ing Axe" - this should be the title of this game.

A fun looting system makes or breaks a zombie survival game, and this game's looting system sucks. Sure, there's a HUGE, detailed map with houses, farms and shops. But every container within these buildings is controlled by the same looting system. This means you will be looting same sweaters from dressers, bananas from fridge, nails from storage sheds. An occasional hammer, an occasional bat.

But no F***ing axe! I've ran over half the West Point city, looted dozens of storage sheds, farm sheds, big and small and have not found a single axe. This means I cant chop down trees, cant make planks, cant barricade, cant build fences and cant repair my weapons because I cant level up carpentry...

The zombie mechanic is decent, unlike many other zombie games, like state of decay zombies are static and don't seem to spawn near the player. They can migrate long distances to respond to helicopter sounds or alarms. They are pretty dumb, and can be outrun easily. Smashing zombies is decent - there's blood splatter and gore.

The game seems to be very, very focused on melee, I found a single gun and 10 bullets while scavenging a few dozen houses.

Once I realized how bad the looting system was, most of the fun went out of the game. Try Neo Scavenger - it has great loot and wounds system. State of decay has fun GTA like open world.
  24. Dec 23, 2014
    There are 2 things every game needs to have:

1. Fun factor. 2. A Purpose. Project Zomboid is not solid on any of those points. What's the point of a game where all you do is go from one house to another to loot things just to survive until you eventually die? Where are the NPC's? Where are the random events? Storyline? Quests? Mission? Purpose? This game is so mediocre it has no
    There are 2 things every game needs to have:

1. Fun factor.
    2. A Purpose.

Project Zomboid is not solid on any of those points. What's the point of a game where all you do is go from one house to another to loot things just to survive until you eventually die? Where are the NPC's? Where are the random events? Storyline? Quests? Mission? Purpose? This game is so mediocre it has no purpose or fun to it.

I know they are an indie group but this games been out since 2011, I'm sorry but that's way too much for such mediocrity 0/10, don't recommend buying even on offer.
  25. Feb 4, 2014
    Glitchy, ugly, bad...that's what people may say when they look at the game for the first time. That however is not true. The game is in Alpha stage which means not everything is in it yet, but the game has the potential to become one of the best survival/zombie games. You don't even have to play against zombies, just surviving in the world. The only problems I have seen are some annoyingGlitchy, ugly, bad...that's what people may say when they look at the game for the first time. That however is not true. The game is in Alpha stage which means not everything is in it yet, but the game has the potential to become one of the best survival/zombie games. You don't even have to play against zombies, just surviving in the world. The only problems I have seen are some annoying bugs, but no game-breaking.

If you are unsure if you want to buy it, give the demo a try first. It's available at steam.
  26. Mar 8, 2014
    Project Zomboid is an isometric zombie survival and crafting game, developed by Indie Stone. It was recently released on to Steam Early Access, along with the multi-player component of the game.

Project Zomboid is a new look at zombie survival games, literally, deciding to use the more uncommon isometric camera angle. Already I was sceptical, as a lot of zombie games rely on the action to stop the gameplay from sending you to sleep. I am happy to say, for this game the isometric view is nothing but a positive. This isn’t the normal action zombie game at all, with a slow pace the game is almost like playing a twisted version of The Sims.

The first thing that struck me as I played this is the player Moodle system. This is a system that tells you how the player is in a number of small intuitive emoticons, placed on the right hand side of the screen. You’ll notice I’ve used the word intuitive twice to describe that, because that really is the only way to do it justice. It completely solves the problem DayZ has with its similar food and temperature system. It really is such a simple system, and it does the job completely, and really adds to the game in my opinion, increasing the ‘Twisted Sims’ feeling.
    Read the rest of this review here! http://bit.ly/1n5hwAN
    Follow us on twitter @Gamespoon for more reviews!
  27. Jul 8, 2014
    we have all thought of a game where we could do anything we want in a zombie apocalypse well here we have it. you can choose a majority of ways to survive.bunk in a home and go for safe food runs.run and gun and live life on edge. make a fort and blow the zombies brains out. all are very impressive. one thing why this is a 8 though is that it constantly always takes ages to find and join awe have all thought of a game where we could do anything we want in a zombie apocalypse well here we have it. you can choose a majority of ways to survive.bunk in a home and go for safe food runs.run and gun and live life on edge. make a fort and blow the zombies brains out. all are very impressive. one thing why this is a 8 though is that it constantly always takes ages to find and join a server. apart from that this is a must buy for a true zombie pc gamer. Expand
  28. Feb 22, 2015
    One of the best survival games out there. It's a fantastic game as-is and definitely worth the price, and yet the potential of this game is vast.

Don't be deterred by the dated graphics of project zomboid. What it lacks in graphic definition it easily makes up for in gameplay and content. In fact I consider the simple graphics a boon to the game, giving ease for developers and modders to add droves of great content.

The game is immersive and exciting. Playing with my wife as we explored (ran for our lives) Muldraugh, KY, I found my heart racing, and palms sweating as we were both frantically yelling across the room to eachother to coordinate our survival.

If you like survival, or anything zombie-related (not mutually exclusive), BUY THIS GAME!
  29. Sep 11, 2014
    The bad reviews for this game were written when the indie company's house got robbed and all their stuff was stolen. They literally had to redo everything because none of it was saved on the cloud. Anyways, play this game now and you'll see that they've started reproducing everything and it's turned out so beautifully that when you play it you won't be able to stop for HOURS. I put 24The bad reviews for this game were written when the indie company's house got robbed and all their stuff was stolen. They literally had to redo everything because none of it was saved on the cloud. Anyways, play this game now and you'll see that they've started reproducing everything and it's turned out so beautifully that when you play it you won't be able to stop for HOURS. I put 24 hours into it in 2 days because everything is so good. I realize it's in BETA and will be there for about another year or so but so far, this games realism for a zombie apocalypse is the realest. More than DayZ or RUST or any of the other bull **** games. The graphics don't matter for all of you ****-tards that are upset about that, the gameplay is **** awesome. If you can't run it TO THIS DAY on your "monster" pc.... it's not a monster pc... it's a ****-top (laptop) because the game runs perfectly now for actual monster pc's. Good Game... Expand
  30. Jan 16, 2015
    Project Zomboid is easily one of my favorite games, developed by perhaps one of my least favorite developers.

Zomboid has a rather heavy troubled development history that I need not go into, due Google being more than enough to provide any info in relation to that. Regardless it is a good game that is still in heavy development, with a rather modest, not great, but modest pace

Regardless it is a good game that is still in heavy development, with a rather modest, not great, but modest pace concerning development content updates.
  31. Feb 9, 2015
    Tried the demo, walked in one direction until I died. Saw only huge open fields of grass and zombies. Sprawled on forever with nothing to see. Seemed like a good idea, but I couldn't find anything interesting to do.
  32. Nov 18, 2014
    after all the terrible zombie games that came out this is nice. it has **** graphics but that is the charm for me. it is so primitive yet so complicated its just bloody great go play it now
  33. Jul 1, 2014
    To keep it short: This is the game DayZ wanted to be.

some of the complaints in the negative reviews(poor framerate, bugs, etc) were legit and it kept me from buying the game a year ago but the latest build seems to be very stable(no crashes in 30h of gameplay) and the framerate issues also appear to be fixed.
  34. Mar 22, 2014
    A really fun zombie-survival-game. It's like Dayz only in single player more houses and other graphic. One of the best games I've ever played. The only bad thing is that the developers delete the single player campaign. It has a unique style.
  35. Apr 27, 2014
    Review Date: 4/27/2014. The game isn't bad at all, its actually very good and very challenging. It's not hard to get into either and to learn it. Its very, very fun. Really the only complaint about it is the lack of items, but its a alpha release. Not to mention the bugs of even trying to start a multi-player server, its taking forever for me and my friends to figure out the problem.Review Date: 4/27/2014. The game isn't bad at all, its actually very good and very challenging. It's not hard to get into either and to learn it. Its very, very fun. Really the only complaint about it is the lack of items, but its a alpha release. Not to mention the bugs of even trying to start a multi-player server, its taking forever for me and my friends to figure out the problem. Constantly going back and forth from the steam discussions page to figure out the issue. Sometimes my game isn't updated to its tip-top shape, as others are. It makes no sense at all since it is on steam after all. Its concept, you cannot survive forever, you will die. There is no cure, there is no evacuation. You (or your friends) are either alone with zombies or zombies with other players interacting in different and a whole new way. Either they be nice and you could even make a whole city together or, its a fight to the death and the guys who win get all the loot. Its easy to make the game easy or hard, the settings of how the zombies work is a very nice touch. The graphics are really not that bad when you get down to it, they are actually pretty nice and I love it. The game is buggy, but it is in alpha stage. Thats how its gonna be, you have to wait for the developers to make the game into tip top shape. That being said, Project Zomboid gets a eight of out ten. Expand
  36. Jan 12, 2015
    Unfortunately, falls in with the rest of survival games; made by people that have zero clue.

From thirst rising too quickly to unhappiness from eating warm food simply because you're not used to eating insects (which in real life, you get used to quickly), the game developers say that they want to listen to people with knowledge, but then they don't. In the scrap bin with all the

In the scrap bin with all the other survival games.
  37. Aug 5, 2014
    This game is one of the best zombie survival games ever. Take Dead island, add thirst, hunger, bleeding, broken bones, pain, and even boredom mechanics and put them into the game. despite 2D graphics, this game will keep you playing, and usually being eaten.
  38. Aug 14, 2014
    project zomboid come a long way to the success of the game. It proves a great zombie survival game and includes a challenging basis to it adding to how realistic the game is
  39. Nov 11, 2014
    This game is outstanding, most of the survival games (especially zombie survival games) i have played over the years always seem to be lacking something which keeps you from really getting sucked into the realism of games universe (which of course should always be a priority with a survival game). However the developers of project Zomboid seem to have covered everything from the feeling ofThis game is outstanding, most of the survival games (especially zombie survival games) i have played over the years always seem to be lacking something which keeps you from really getting sucked into the realism of games universe (which of course should always be a priority with a survival game). However the developers of project Zomboid seem to have covered everything from the feeling of danger behind every door when searching houses for that hidden can of dog food to being able to escape to the forest in hope of a safe and sustainable lifestyle. It always surprises me how cautious i find myself being whilst playing this game, and i often consider it how i would react if it were to really happen (especially on the harder difficulties). There's also no shortage of jump scares in this game, i've learnt the hard way that dead people seem to love picking you off when your backs turned to pry open any windows or search through kitchen draws. The developers are also constantly updating this game, always making it more in depth and realistic, every time i come back from a few weeks break it seems like another layer has been added, with more mechanics and gameplay to explore.
    NPC's are soon to be added back into the game with some of the most impressive AI i've seen, watching the most recent youtube videos of project Zomboids NPC's development made me wonder when they were going to introduce the new features until at about 3 minuets when i realised that the person i thought i was watching playing the game WAS the NPC. Overall this is one of my favourite games and i cant wait to see what the future holds for it.
  40. Jan 1, 2015
    Worst game of this decade, imposible to play multiplayer , if there are more than 50 zombies on screen ping becomes unbereable, shotguns and another rifles are completely useless , bad controlls , bad optimization, owerall **** game
  41. Jan 1, 2015
    WOW this game is total abomination, its a disgrace to all of gaming, this **** is so disbalanced and not optimized iv seen kids in mentaly disabled shcool make better games, i dont recomend playnig this game let alone pay money for this ****

There are no critic reviews yet.