6.3

1. Dec 4, 2013
    Garbage compared to the previous part. Worse controls (not a very good console port), graphics look silly and too colorful but still dated, story was cool in the 1st one here it is really dumb with an extremely unlikable protagonist. Terrible progression model based on fu....ing collectibles!!! REALLY??? Great progression from 1st one ripped and turned into turd.
    Good things? Some new
    Good things? Some new features compared to the first one like tearing miniguns of choppers.
    Not recommended for fans of Prototype 1 but for those who want action-packed game on their screens and don't want to get first one yeah go for it it gets 6/10.
  2. Nov 16, 2012
    Finally came the long awaited sequel to one of the most underrated games. She came with a new character, a better story, better with new features, more interesting missions. It is a pity that the designers practically have not changed too much, the story remained the again the graphics are not great, this optimization is rubbish, and generally a lot of items in the game has changed for theFinally came the long awaited sequel to one of the most underrated games. She came with a new character, a better story, better with new features, more interesting missions. It is a pity that the designers practically have not changed too much, the story remained the again the graphics are not great, this optimization is rubbish, and generally a lot of items in the game has changed for the worse. Too bad, because I expected better after a really good single room. My rating - 7/10 Expand
  3. Jan 4, 2014
    The best thing about Prototype is the freedom of destructive action. You can dropkick a helicopter or tear off a tank's turret then smash it dead with that very turret. Pity you can't tear down buildings. And that destruction (and a new power) is the only high point of the game. The rest is worse than in the original.

The plot is completely an excuse one and the protagonist is extra

The plot is completely an excuse one and the protagonist is extra stupid with a side of macho man pain, which really lowers the amount of care given.

The graphics are rather outdated, too. With no real innovation and a reduced array of fun activities this might be worth buying at a sale but only if you've completed over 90% of the original and desperately want to see a couple new enemy types.
  4. Apr 8, 2013
    This game definitely has its problems, but I don't really see why so many people hate it. I actually thought it was a pretty decent game. The powers are fantastic and otherworldly, and by the end of the game I wanted those powers myself. The minigames were quite fun too. Travelling around the city didn't feel like a chore, as you can run at race car speeds and jump over any obstacle inThis game definitely has its problems, but I don't really see why so many people hate it. I actually thought it was a pretty decent game. The powers are fantastic and otherworldly, and by the end of the game I wanted those powers myself. The minigames were quite fun too. Travelling around the city didn't feel like a chore, as you can run at race car speeds and jump over any obstacle in your way. It was actually quite fun just pressing the sprint button and seeing what will happen. This game makes you feel like a serious bad ass.
    There were a couple downsides. Graphics are just mediocre, and the story was dull. In fact, the story felt kind of nonexistent. The game felt more like an open world experience, with the story sort of like the main minigame.
  5. Dec 3, 2013
    Pro of Prototype 2

-Much much better graphic -Storyline is better -The ending is epic -It is very fun to messing around in green zone Cons of Prototype 2 -Prototype 2's mission focused on sneaking to consume some your target sneaky,Prototype 1 focused using the special ability on most of mission -Heller run slower than Alex -Alex's power is better than Heller's power -Shield
    Pro of Prototype 2

-Much much better graphic
    -Storyline is better
    -The ending is epic
    -It is very fun to messing around in green zone

Cons of Prototype 2

-Heller run slower than Alex
    -Alex's power is better than Heller's power
    -Shield too OP,it is possible to complete a mission by deflecting bullet and rockets
    -After you complete everything,Prototype 2 is getting very boring
    -Why do they make Alex became very evil person?
  6. Mar 10, 2013
    though it has impressive graphics and visuals, but the game is just boring and very repetitive.. the story is dumb and james heller is consensually obnoxious.. Side missions are almost all the same.
  7. Oct 16, 2012
    Prototype 1 with a different protagonist. The only thing that makes this game worth playing is the fun you can have by destroying things and killing people using your powers. The problem is this can't be fun for a long time.. 2 hours? maybe 3? After spending some time killing and destroying everything and everyone, you just realise that there's nothing else worth playing this game for. ItPrototype 1 with a different protagonist. The only thing that makes this game worth playing is the fun you can have by destroying things and killing people using your powers. The problem is this can't be fun for a long time.. 2 hours? maybe 3? After spending some time killing and destroying everything and everyone, you just realise that there's nothing else worth playing this game for. It could have had a great story that sucks you in, but that's not the case. The story is boring and the only thing you'll want to do while watching a cut scene is to make it stop so you can go back to destroying sh*t. If you enjoy that, then maybe you'll like the game, but I got bored after 1 hour of gameplay. Expand
  8. Nov 18, 2012
    If you LOVED the first one, don't get this. Unless you want a mediocre story and nothing else. If you never played the first Prototype and do not care about the story then pick this up.
  9. Aug 24, 2012
    Meh, i don't know. On one side it was fun to run around jumping and just experiencing the incredible smoothness of the animations, but as with Prototype 1 the missions are very generic and there is no real story. On the other hand the interactions with the people in the streets are nicely done, the way they react, run away, bump into each other and everything was nice to see. Also theMeh, i don't know. On one side it was fun to run around jumping and just experiencing the incredible smoothness of the animations, but as with Prototype 1 the missions are very generic and there is no real story. On the other hand the interactions with the people in the streets are nicely done, the way they react, run away, bump into each other and everything was nice to see. Also the combat was pretty good, especially liked the battles with the giant monsters, there is a real feeling of superiority every time but you still need to put the right moves together which made for a strangely stress-less gaming experience. The length is just right for me, i was getting a little tired of the generic missions so i stopped doing the altogether after a bit and just rushed the main story. So i don't know, this game has very good gameplay and looks very good, but has a very poor story and non-existant replayability. But still it was more or less enjoyable. Expand
  10. Aug 9, 2012
    In a few words.... Prototype 2 is Prototype 1 with a different story, and a couple new features.... Pretty sure all the character animations were just ripped straight from the first one... Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the game. But the game was just a bunch of lazy. Developers just waiting till Prototype died out then re-releasing it with a different campaign and fancy new black and whiteIn a few words.... Prototype 2 is Prototype 1 with a different story, and a couple new features.... Pretty sure all the character animations were just ripped straight from the first one... Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the game. But the game was just a bunch of lazy. Developers just waiting till Prototype died out then re-releasing it with a different campaign and fancy new black and white cut-scenes...

As far as graphics go, they are EXACTLY the same as the first one..... Gameplay is a 7-8, but I have to dock it for being so lazy

Invest in a gamepad (like a wired 360 controller) for best results

This game is a straight port of a console game so playing with a controller is best
  11. Jul 28, 2012
    An acceptable plot, cutscenes not overlong, voice acting not cheesy. The only thing about the satisfyingly gory gameplay is that it can be a bit repetetive when you think of it as "do mission - cutscene - run there - cutscene - end mission - cutscene - run somewhere else - repeat". Of course, like every other PC game this year, from a technical point of view, it's terrible. The game hasAn acceptable plot, cutscenes not overlong, voice acting not cheesy. The only thing about the satisfyingly gory gameplay is that it can be a bit repetetive when you think of it as "do mission - cutscene - run there - cutscene - end mission - cutscene - run somewhere else - repeat". Of course, like every other PC game this year, from a technical point of view, it's terrible. The game has broken mouse support, I played through it with a PS3 controller. I found, although i amlucky enough to be able to play the game, that after every 30 mins or so my frame rate had slowly dropped to such an unplayable level I would have to quit the game and restart whatever mission i was playing - the game has an obvious memory leak.

Aside from the now common problems that PC users face with cheap, rushed, console ports, (even though this game was delayed for 2 months or so) if you can see past these problems, the game itself is quite good.
  12. Aug 6, 2012
    This game could be a lot better, but it lacks the most important thing: a good story. to know the story, you just need to read the first sentence of the game description, "kill your maker". Thats it. A few boring plot twists, nothing exciting. when i saw the trailers, i thought Sgt. Heller might be an interesting character, like Mercer was, but he isn't. He just swears the whole game. iThis game could be a lot better, but it lacks the most important thing: a good story. to know the story, you just need to read the first sentence of the game description, "kill your maker". Thats it. A few boring plot twists, nothing exciting. when i saw the trailers, i thought Sgt. Heller might be an interesting character, like Mercer was, but he isn't. He just swears the whole game. i think the wasted too much time to make the game brutal as hell, and didn't give it much thought. 6/10 because of the fun gameplay. Expand
  13. Aug 29, 2012
    if you liked the first game and got attached to it then you will hate this one.why?
    story is worse than the first game.gameplay is wosre than the first.making alex mercer the exact opposite of the first game.final boss is a joke.alex mercer abilties are not the same as the first game.heller is just a black stereotype that you grow to hate.me personally if ever a sequel was to be made i am never playing it.THEY RUINED PROTOTYPE FOR ME
  14. Sep 5, 2012
    Prototype 2...it improves on the first one by a lot, you have to remember it is a sequel, so I will admit it's not the same as when you could control Alex Mercer, which I will admit I like him better than James Heller from the second one, There is one thing I will say about Prototype 2, it's fun, it's good for stress relief, good for destruction, if it'll run properly anyway, i'd rate itPrototype 2...it improves on the first one by a lot, you have to remember it is a sequel, so I will admit it's not the same as when you could control Alex Mercer, which I will admit I like him better than James Heller from the second one, There is one thing I will say about Prototype 2, it's fun, it's good for stress relief, good for destruction, if it'll run properly anyway, i'd rate it higher if it weren't for the fact they didn't do proper quality control making sure the game was actually free of game breaking bugs, like memory leaks, crashes, etc. It's really annoying, but the game itself is great Expand
  15. Jan 25, 2014
    Great Game but this game isn't a "everone game" which mean thatbnot every age of people can play this game because this game contain badwords but for the game storyline , it's the best , why ? Because it is creating the next chapter of prototype 1 and alex mercer in this story is evil but no need worry he will be defeted in the last mission anyway this game is good
  16. Jan 6, 2013
    Horrible port to PC, you can swim through the forums about how furious people with high-end systems are that their vid cards/processors aren't supported by craptivision's engine. Side-by-side with the first game, same person, same powers, same missions. The only difference with this one is fighting grotesque/enormous bosses, which all hail in comparison to any God of War or DarksidersHorrible port to PC, you can swim through the forums about how furious people with high-end systems are that their vid cards/processors aren't supported by craptivision's engine. Side-by-side with the first game, same person, same powers, same missions. The only difference with this one is fighting grotesque/enormous bosses, which all hail in comparison to any God of War or Darksiders boss.
    Technical specs aside, how you felt about this one compared to the first aside, and any possible bias towards Activision out the window; this game is essentially a mature renovation of a spider-man game. Same extensively repetitive button mashing, same endless and stale side quests, generic "your the good guy but actually the bad guy too" plot wherein being good/evil doesn't decide anything game changing. Bottom line, it feels like this game is 4-5 others mashed up together into an excuse for a sequel. Replay-ability is 0, and the story line is forgettable.
  17. Jul 4, 2014
    Same as the first game, HORRIBLE PC port. Playing with mouse and keyboard is really hard and tiring. But not only the controls, the fps jumps around from 20 fps back up to it's original place A LOT, and crashes do happen from time to time. Get yourself a controller to play with and the controls will be just fine though.

Apart from the negatives, this game is very entertaining. If I

Apart from the negatives, this game is very entertaining. If I would rate it on the console I'd give it a solid 7 for it's (not so well written but) interesting story, mind-blowing non-stop slaughter action and it's very efficient way of letting you roam the streets and rooftops of New York . I'd say this is the evil version of Spider Man.
  18. Jul 30, 2012
    @ SonOfACracker: Glavius isn't the only guy having issues. He and the others are right, in technical terms this is indeed a horrible console port. The engine is horribly optimized for PC, and several people with high-end computers are having framerate problems. -- I also had FPS problems/lags, but with that said, the game is entertaining as hell. I'll have to stick with a 6/10 though@ SonOfACracker: Glavius isn't the only guy having issues. He and the others are right, in technical terms this is indeed a horrible console port. The engine is horribly optimized for PC, and several people with high-end computers are having framerate problems. -- I also had FPS problems/lags, but with that said, the game is entertaining as hell. I'll have to stick with a 6/10 though because of the technical issues, otherwise this would have been an 8/10. Hope they will patch it eventually! Expand
  19. May 21, 2014
    Although I enjoy leaping around the city with my near-invincible superpowers, I can only give Prototype 2 a 6 because of the totally crap AI. I can toss a car into a bunch of soldiers, destroy a tank, then run around a corner, disguise myself, and come back in less than 10 seconds, and the stupid brainless AI soldiers have forgotten it happened. Even with the fires still blazing. But otherAlthough I enjoy leaping around the city with my near-invincible superpowers, I can only give Prototype 2 a 6 because of the totally crap AI. I can toss a car into a bunch of soldiers, destroy a tank, then run around a corner, disguise myself, and come back in less than 10 seconds, and the stupid brainless AI soldiers have forgotten it happened. Even with the fires still blazing. But other than that...it's a lot of fun. Expand

Prototype 2 lets you feel like a hungry predator among defenseless chickens and it feels great. Only pity is you hit the same hennery over and over again. [Sept 2012]
  2. Sep 7, 2012
    It could have been great, but this gruesome and ridiculous power fantasy is spoilt by a disgracefully shabby port to PC.
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    Prototype 2 (the swan song of Radical Entertainment) is a decent open-world action game, that does not invent the wheel, but it does manage to offer solid amounts of entertainment, splattered with generous servings of blood and mayhem. [September 2012]